NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: A New Era [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblivion2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Aldus shrugged his shoulders at the exchange. She seemed to mean well but there was something about the girl that was just a touch... Well a touch off really. He wasn't really an expert on women, but he could tell that this particular one was trying to make it seem like she cared. The emotion came out a little too forced, in his oppinion.

It was time to change his tack. "I don't think i'll need too much help with the studying side of things... Still, it could take the boredom out of the whole thing from time to time."

Really, he thought to himself. The girl isn't interested in what you have to say, so what do you do? Talk about studying. Moron. Come on, get with the program here Aldus. He smiled, despite his inner monologue and gestured to her copy of Garden of Eden. "So, what exactly does a bookie sort of girl do here at Hogwarts? I mean, other than read classics written by drunken Muggles, that is."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Devoted student of Alternative History
Proud Canadian

“What man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place?”
- Unknown

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Nicolás Castillo.
Quidditch Pitch

As Professor Potter gave the instructions Nicolás moved to the field and climbed on the broom. It felt old, and a bit shaky, but not too different from his experiences with other brooms before. As the whistle broke the silence before the storm, Nicolás kicked the floor and the broom took altitude. Matthias had instructed him to head to the rings, and he headed there, keeping his eyes open if the Slytherins started to play the offensive right away. However he still had some time before the Quaffle made it to his side and he took those instants to feel the winds and get used to the broom and his space by moving between the rings on the flanks. After two turns he felt ready and saw the field.

It was certainly different to the Andes. Flat. The wind played only from one direction, and soft, and he could expect the shots to be rather predictable, unless the Chasers turned out to be really skilled, which he suspected would be the case.

The quaffle was caught by Slytherin, and a chaser girl rushed forward, Nicolás got ready to catch it, but a bludger nearly made its way against her and she managed to dodge it at the expense of the possession. The Quaffle was in their control. Nicolás saw how the team developed a play and after a small exchange of the quaffle Slytherin returned. The ball hissed towards Nicolás and he managed to reach out for it. His fingers stopped the ball as he spun while driving the quaffle against his chest, recovering his flight about two metres below the rings. He passed the ball back at his team.

The next charge by Slytherin passed his defence, and the Quaffle passed through the right ring. Cursing in Spanish, Nicolás overcame the mistake, he had been cheated by a false pass, and moved to intercept a chaser to the right. Had he seen the eyes of the right chaser, he would had noticed they planned to shoot right away.

Again, Slytherin charged, and this time Nicolás managed to knock the Quaffle away from the rings with his fist. The ball passed over the goal and descended, forcing Nicolás to dive as fast as he could to catch it. A risky move in his mind. Had he failed to catch it before a Slytherin, the rings would have been unprotected, but he made it, and recovered the ball before touching the ground, passing it back to his team mates.

As the practice moved on, it was time for a change on the spots, and Nicolás rotated as chaser. He felt as if his reception of passes was really good, maybe because he had got used to it as a Keeper, but his passing was average and his shooting was flawed, and he dropped the Quaffle in the single chance he had to make the shot, although some fairly good passes did connected and allowed the Ravenclaws to threaten the Slytherin goals.

The next rotation got him as a beater, and this was Emilia´s field. His arm wasn´t that strong when it came to punching an aggressive heavy mass that was enchanted to harm or kill, and most of the times he had the chance to beat them, the Bludgers either bounced downwards and didn´t took much time to recover their aggression or simply found Nicolás preferring to avoid them.

As the Seeker post was occupied, he wasn´t asked to try it.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Novae Vitae
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novae Vitae » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Professor Arthur Prescott
Greenhouse Three

"I find that the smell of herbology is always so refreshing, professor," Arthur said. "I must say, however--we are quite more than rabble here. I do not recall that rabble fought at the Battle of Hogwarts, all those years ago . . . unless, of course, we are speaking of the Death Eaters. Once Lord Voldemort was lost, they broke apart, like a frustrating nest of flies."

Arthur pulled a smile over his face. "I seem to recall as well that Hogwarts itself took part in the battle, and we must remember which side won." The threat was thinly veiled, but he would be damned if Melinda Lawe made a mockery of him.

Maria Reinsted
The Quidditch Pitch

"There not bad," Jacob said with a slightly-upturned nose as he watched the Ravenclaw team maneuver. "There not that bad."

"Whatever you say," Maria replied, pulling back her long hair. She watched as that new kid, the foreign one, played keeper. He played pretty well, too, though his dive for the ball was risky. It made her smirk.

"C'mon though, you know we're gonna win again this year," Jacob said. A grin slipped over his face, and he raised one of his thick eyebrows.

"Sure you are," Maria replied. She was watching the foreign student again--Nicolás, Maria remembered. He played well on keeper, and he wasn't bad on chaser either, but his skills as a bludger were non-existent. Maria would probably have to keep him on keeper, but still--as a keeper, he was incredible.

"Oh, Slytherin scores!" Jacob said when a keeper from second year let the quaffle through a ring. Jacob smirked towards Maria, but she was already descending toward the pitch, coming down near Nicolás.

"Hey, you play pretty well," she said. "Where'd you learn to play?"

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Novae Vitae wrote:
Maria Reinsted
The Quidditch Pitch

"There not bad," Jacob said with a slightly-upturned nose as he watched the Ravenclaw team maneuver. "There not that bad."

"Whatever you say," Maria replied, pulling back her long hair. She watched as that new kid, the foreign one, played keeper. He played pretty well, too, though his dive for the ball was risky. It made her smirk.

"C'mon though, you know we're gonna win again this year," Jacob said. A grin slipped over his face, and he raised one of his thick eyebrows.

"Sure you are," Maria replied. She was watching the foreign student again--Nicolás, Maria remembered. He played well on keeper, and he wasn't bad on chaser either, but his skills as a bludger were non-existent. Maria would probably have to keep him on keeper, but still--as a keeper, he was incredible.

"Oh, Slytherin scores!" Jacob said when a keeper from second year let the quaffle through a ring. Jacob smirked towards Maria, but she was already descending toward the pitch, coming down near Nicolás.

Nicolás Castillo
Quidditch Pitch

He was still cursing.
"Por la chucha!" He muttered as Maria passed by him.

He looked at her.
"Used to play back home. Andean Quidditch, we called it, but there is no real difference out of the mountains." Nicolás waited for a second then added something. "Thanks, by the way. Though that score..."
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 am

Arlye Austros wrote:
Novae Vitae wrote:
snip

Nicolás Castillo
Quidditch Pitch

He was still cursing.
"Por la chucha!" He muttered as Maria passed by him.

He looked at her.
"Used to play back home. Andean Quidditch, we called it, but there is no real difference out of the mountains." Nicolás waited for a second then added something. "Thanks, by the way. Though that score..."

"Don't worry about it. Its only the tryouts." Aaron said as he walked to the group. "I'm Aaron, one of the beaters for the team. You did really well today."
Last edited by The Fair Republic on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:31 am

Terence Sheppard, Sept 2nd
Terence took his time after the match to watch some of the other team play and return to the common room, pleased with himself for not taking divination this year.

Making his way back to the Gryffindor common room, he laid back in a cushioned chair and drew out the daily prophet once again, and read more details in the stories within.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:37 am

Nicolás Castillo
Quidditch Pitch

Nicolás looked at Aaron and shook his hand. “Thanks. Didn´t really felt too different from my previous games.” He thought for a second and finally decided he missed to introduce himself. “Nicolás Castillo. Me and my sister came for an exchange program from Chile.”

Nicolás felt his arm a bit painfull and waved it to stretch it out. The beating of bludgers was, contrary to his previous statement, rather different from his previous games back home, as the bludger was heavier, or at least felt like it.
“I think if I make it into the time I will have to get myself a new broom. Although I don´t mind the Nimbus, this one has a brake problem. “
It would soon be time for his first class, and Nicolás started to wonder if the Try-out would be over soon.

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:04 am

Arlye Austros wrote:snip

"Nice to meet you Nicolás. I'm looking forward to being your teammate this year." Aaron noticed Nicolás winced when he stretched out his arm. "If you have time, go to Madam Abbot and get some ice for your arm. It really helps numb the pain. Enjoy your first year at Hogwarts, it is a really special place. Believe me, by Christmas this will be a second home for you. I'm heading back up to the common room to change before class starts, I'll see you around.
Last edited by The Fair Republic on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Novae Vitae wrote:Professor Arthur Prescott
Greenhouse Three

"I find that the smell of herbology is always so refreshing, professor," Arthur said. "I must say, however--we are quite more than rabble here. I do not recall that rabble fought at the Battle of Hogwarts, all those years ago . . . unless, of course, we are speaking of the Death Eaters. Once Lord Voldemort was lost, they broke apart, like a frustrating nest of flies."
Arthur pulled a smile over his face. "I seem to recall as well that Hogwarts itself took part in the battle, and we must remember which side won." The threat was thinly veiled, but he would be damned if Melinda Lawe made a mockery of him.

Greenhouse Three
Professor Melinda Lawe

"Hm," she pretended to think "Flies have a short life span Professor, ideals have a tendency to linger." she said. Her eyes opening a bit larger on her last word.
"Though, interestingly enough, I am not here to muse with you. Though I'm sure your class will receive the same information should you not be there. I have come to simply tell professor of a cruel prank played by a Ravenclaw student in another greenhouse, a shame, but I am looking into it of course. Arthur, I hope you are prepared as we are partners in instructing the Dueling Club, no need to thank me as I secured you the spot." she said eyeing the greenhouse around her. She always detested the sight and smell of the place and preferred her on offices. As she began to leave Professor Longbottom rushed to the other greenhouse to see the mess that had been created.
"Classes start in roughly ten minutes or so, I hope you're prepared for an exciting year Arthur." Professor Lawe said while holding the light door by its side.

Open Field
Ministry of Magic Testing Field, Location Unknown

"Where is this bloody thing Trabk, we have little time for your amazement for the ground," said Senior Undersecretary Simon Temp. The field itself was as green as grass could possibly, the skies clear, a serene scene. With Temp was Seamus Witherby, head of the Department of Magical Transportation, and Trabk, the head of Gringotts. Trabk was tapping the ground and lifted his hands. He began ti wiggle his fingers as they were aimed down to the ground. A circular shape formed on the ground and began to form waves like an ocean. Temp and Witherby both stepping back reached for their wands, but did not unveil them entirely. The large patch of ground simply disappeared, as it was never truly there.
"Simple charms" Trabk said turning his head back while still doing the motion with the rest of his body faced forward. Trabk and the officials moved to the side and driving out from the ground was a truck like contraption with a large drill on it, made specifically for digging it seems. While there was no one actually driving the machine it had clearly been engineered from the Muggle world. Behind it followed roughly twenty goblins dressed in tattered clothing. some resembling miners, most simply grimy.
"What the hell," said Temp
Behind the set of goblins came a few more, odd colored goblins with a permanent grimace upon their face.
"Now we said nothing of their kind!" said Seamus Witherby, drawing his wand from the small staff her used for walking and aiming it at the oddly colored goblins.
"Your heart is no more filthier than we!" retorted one of the goblins, spitting at Witherby's feet.
"Dark magic will have no place in the Ministry," said Witherby to which Trabk stopped moving his hands and turned around fully.
"If we are to find this artefact and divide the accounts as promised with the Ministry, you will fulfil our demands." said Trabk, now speaking in a cold voice unfamiliar to his previous tones. Temp simply nodded when Witherby looked back to him for a confirmation of some sort or another. The large machine and Goblins, now 30 in number, marched forward.
"And how are we getting this lot to the school?" said Witherby in a tired attempt apparent in his voice.
"The express." answered Temp in a slight mutter.

Novae Vitae
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novae Vitae » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 am

Maria Reinsted
The Quidditch Pitch

"You'll definitely need to get something new," Maria said, "but don't worry about it yourself. I can probably pull something off for you. And, between us, you were easily the best keeper today. I'm not officially the team captain, so I can't make any promises, but you're pretty much chosen in my book."

Maria looked Aaron. "Don't forget that we have to choose a captain later." Then see looked between the two of them. "Classes are starting soon, and I like to have arrive early, so I'm off for now. I'll see you two later."

With that, Maria departed, making her way back to her common room where she changed and collected her needed books. After she had done so--making certain that some of her books were still transfigured--she made her way to Transfiguration.

Professor Arthur Prescott
Greenhouse Three

"Indeed, ideals are immortal," Arthur replied, as he brushed passed Lawe to make his way out to help Neville. "That is why Hogwarts shall always stand at the ready to protect against those that believe otherwise. A good day to you, professor. I await our duel with pleasure and good spirit."

Had he been an honest man, Arthur would have added that he would do his very best to crush Lawe into the dirt, but he was not an honest man and he would not be able to do so either way.

From the third greenhouse, it may have been prudent to go to class, but Arthur knew the value of allies and he made his way to the fourth. "My, what a terrible mess," Arthur said as he walked him. "Such bothersome actions are regrettable."

Arthur drew his wand and took a breath, considering the number of toadstools before raising his wrist and saying, "Immobolus." Light flew from his wand in all directions and slammed against the toadstools, rendering them immobile. "There we are," Arthur said with a smile. He turned on a bucket and broom and animated them, a simple task. "They should be able to clean the room. I wish you a good day, Neville. I fear that I must leave to teach my own class."

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:Aldus shrugged his shoulders at the exchange. She seemed to mean well but there was something about the girl that was just a touch... Well a touch off really. He wasn't really an expert on women, but he could tell that this particular one was trying to make it seem like she cared. The emotion came out a little too forced, in his oppinion.

It was time to change his tack. "I don't think i'll need too much help with the studying side of things... Still, it could take the boredom out of the whole thing from time to time."

Really, he thought to himself. The girl isn't interested in what you have to say, so what do you do? Talk about studying. Moron. Come on, get with the program here Aldus. He smiled, despite his inner monologue and gestured to her copy of Garden of Eden. "So, what exactly does a bookie sort of girl do here at Hogwarts? I mean, other than read classics written by drunken Muggles, that is."

Laurel couldn't do anything to stop herself as she giggled at Aldus' joke regarding drunken muggles. "But aren't drunken muggles the best kind of muggles? I assume you're at least a half blood." She said almost playfully, already becoming more comfortable around Aldus. "Well, I guess I'm here to study magic, and, to be honest, kind of get away form my family and that sort of life." She chuckled. "Mostly academics, I guess." She said, not really knowing how to continue the conversation without sounding like the nerdiest girl in the world. "What does a s-sporty guy like you do at a school like Hogwarts?"
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Juche Republics
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Juche Republics » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Annabelle Dawson

A brisk blast from Professor Potter's whistle brought the match to a abrupt, but eventual end. The match had seemed to have flown by in an heart beat, leaving a bitter taste of disappointment in Annabelle's mouth; why did it have to end so quickly? Since joining the Hufflepuff Quidditch team in her second year at Hogwarts, starting off in the reserve, she had always struggled to perform as well as she did closed practices. She could still remember how poorly she played when she started for the first time during a key match against Slytherin, after one of the first pick chasers picked up a injury. But, as she guided her broom gracefully to the ground below, it struck her how well she had played. Never, in as long as she could remember, had she played so well outside of a closed practiced.

Annabelle was so deep in thought, that she hardly noticed that she dismounted her broom and was aimlessly wandering through the corridors of Hogwarts castle. Only when she collided into a small first year girl, causing the first year to fall to the floor, did she finally regain her bearings.

"I...I'm so sorry." Annabelle muttered to the first year, falling onto her knees to make sure she was okay.

"I'm fine." said the first year nervously, shoving Annabelle out of her way and clambering to her feet. "I just really need to get to class." she finished, striding off down the corridor. Annabelle gave the first year a nasty look, as she turned a corner and when out of view.

Collecting up her broom and several pieces of parchment which fell out of her bag, she climbed to her feet and began walking back to the Hufflepuff common room, replaying the morning's practice in her head. Once she reached the common room, she strode past Aldus and some other fifth year girl Annabelle shouldn't put a name to, entering one of the Hufflepuff basement's many tunnels and finding her way to her dormitory. There, she neatly placed her broom back inside her trunk and gathered up the books she would need for Care of Magical Creatures, and strode off to class.
If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable - Murray Bookchin

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.- George Orwell
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.44
Pro: Libertarian socialism, social ecology, Green politics, Green syndicalism, Decentralisation
Anti: Laissez-faire capitalism, Homophobia, xenophobia, Authoritarianism, Totalitarianism, Unregulated capitalism, Social Conservatism

I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Aldus would smile slightly at her guessing he was a Half Blood, "That's right. My mum, she's a Muggle. She made sure my father didn't bury me in all this Wizarding stuff, she took time to teach me a few things about the Muggle world." He paused for a moment as an errant memory took hold, but he brushed it aside quickly, "She's pretty awesome."

He noticed Annabelle walk in and out, without so much as offering a word to him. Did he do something at Quidditch practice? Was it that she didn't care much for how he played? Or was it something else entirely? He shook his head to clear the thought; girls were unknowable. He turned his attention back to the matter at hand, he didn't want to Albanian girl to think he was ignoring her or not paying attention. "Well," He said after a moment, "I suppose a sporty guy, besides playing sports of course, would be busy trying to meet people." He smiles warmly, laugh lines appearing on his cheeks. "I seem to be off to a pretty good start."

"But hey," He continues, "Enough about me, I'm really not much for talking about myself." He gestured at the girl's direction, "You said something about wanting to get away from your family? I... take it you're not on the best of terms with some of them?"
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 am

As she saw Annabelle walk by and catch Aldus' attention for a bit, Laurel's emotions flared in a number of different ways, including curiousity, mild jealousy, and confusion. She had seen Annabelle before, last year, really, and she had never really knew her well. She was aware, however, that Annabelle was a Quiddich player, and a pretty good one at that. Why did he look over at her...

As she was thinking that, she almost missed what Aldus had said to her. "I, eh-" She took a second to take in what he had said and analyzed it, before responding, shrugging, preparing for the obligatory 'Oh, I'm so sorry'. "Yeah, my Mom's not around anymore, my Dad and I were close, but he's gotten really problematic recently, and, well, I was never close with any of my brothers. They alternate between bullying me and being too overprotective, but I guess that's just standard, just annoying. I really only miss my half-sister, but I don't even want to try to explain her situation." She smirked, not trying to sound like her family was too fucked up. "Hey," She then nodded towards Annabelle having left the room, "You know her?"
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am

Aldus frowned deeply as Laurel gave him the brief run down of her family situation. He really wished he could find some common ground with her about it, but he honestly had no idea what it was like to have a family that you didn't enjoy being around: His was pretty awesome. Still, he didn't want to be one of those people who just apologized and then let something like that slip, she had been honest with him and deserved more than him awkwardly mumbling an apology.

"That's real shitty," He said bluntly, "I can't quite imagine what that must be like for you."

He paused for a moment before adding with a slight smirk, "But, if its any consolation, I'd be glad to help keep it off your mind this year."

Next the conversation turned to Annabelle. He had caught a quick flurry of emotions cross Laurel's face for a moment, it could be a coincidence but he got the feeling the Albanian girl might not like Annabelle. So how to deal with it? That was the question, he could just play it off like it was nothing but... Well lying never got someone too far, best to just stick with the truth. Besides, its not like it was a horrible truth or anything.

"That would have been Annabelle Dawson," He said casually, "Or atleast, I think it's Annabelle Dawson, for all I know she could have a twin kicking around or something. 'Cause you know... I've only been here a day and I know nothing Jon Snow." He took a moment to chuckle at his own terrible joke before picking up again. "Anyway, I bet her this morning at breakfast and she plays Chaser, like I want to. Figured she'd have stopped by and said something, even quickly, but hey I guess the rules of courtesy are different here."

"Then again, she is a girl, who knows whats going on in that head of hers." Aldus paused for a moment, realizing to whom he was talking to and reddening briefly, "Uh, no uh, no offence meant or anything..."
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:07 am

Laurel gave Aldus a look when he mentioned the woman comment. Raising her eyebrow and smirking slightly, she said, "Yeah? I wasn't aware of that, you know. I thought I knew what I had going on in my head, but I guess not." Waiting for a second, she then proceeded to add on to her scathing comment. "I'm just teasing, don't you worry. But seriously, I'd really like that." She said, in reference to his offer to keep her mind off of it, before she chuckled at his admittedly bad Jon Snow crack.

To be honest, she never really enjoyed the Game of Thrones novels.

When he told her about Annabelle, Laurel wasn't sure what he was getting at. "Oh, so I guess you want to play the same position, right? That's... Cool, I guess. Is she cool? I never really talked to her."

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:45 am

Aldus would manage to look somewhat abashed when you teased him about the woman comment. The burning in his face quickly moved up to his ears before disappearing altogether a moment later. He would then answer her few questions regarding Annabelle, "Well, I mean this morning she seemed nice enough, but she just wandered off without so much as a nod." he'd gesture to himself before continuing, "Where I come from, that's considered to be atleast a little rude. But as for the position thing... Well I dunno, there are generally three Chaser's per team, plus a reservist or two, so it is possible she's worried I could get her spot?"

"But then again, like I pointed out so embarrassingly, I have no idea how girls think."

He took a moment to scratch his chin and then asked, "So, I'm not in Divination, which means I've got a free period..." he paused for a moment before filling in the rest of the blanks, "Would you want to show me around or go hang out or somethin'?"
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Esselman
Minister

Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Esselman » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Quidditch Pitch
Professor Ginerva Potter

The sound of the whistle blew once more, and tryouts were finally over. One student, suspiciously had obtained a slight injury, probably no more than a slight sprain of an ankle.
"That's it for tryouts. Do take a look at your house's practice schedule and be on time starting tomorrow. Elect your captains, and welcome home students," said Professor Potter with the only assuring smile she had given that day. A gust of wind swept through the field, an oddly cold one considering the time of year. As the Professor began to leave the pitch to head to the training area for first years.

Across the castle each professor was beginning to teach their class, some diving into curriculum and spells, others getting to know their students. All the while, in the headmasters office, Headmaster Aurum was secluded for the day and refusing entry to student and teacher alike. Aurum read the news of the death of respected auror and former Minister for Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt's death. In each of the common rooms for every house a list of clubs and when they would meet were being signed up for as well as looked over. The first of the clubs to begin later that evening was the Dueling Club as hosted by Melinda Lawe and Arthur Prescott, the Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfigurations professors respectively. After the first class of the day had concluded, those with a free period could enjoy each others company in the great hall of various locations at Hogwarts. The library on this day was particularly quiet as even the librarian began to fall asleep.

Along the magically moving staircases, a ghostly Pest was moping about as well, providing an even more eerie feeling for the day.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Oblivion2 wrote:Aldus would manage to look somewhat abashed when you teased him about the woman comment. The burning in his face quickly moved up to his ears before disappearing altogether a moment later. He would then answer her few questions regarding Annabelle, "Well, I mean this morning she seemed nice enough, but she just wandered off without so much as a nod." he'd gesture to himself before continuing, "Where I come from, that's considered to be atleast a little rude. But as for the position thing... Well I dunno, there are generally three Chaser's per team, plus a reservist or two, so it is possible she's worried I could get her spot?"

"But then again, like I pointed out so embarrassingly, I have no idea how girls think."

He took a moment to scratch his chin and then asked, "So, I'm not in Divination, which means I've got a free period..." he paused for a moment before filling in the rest of the blanks, "Would you want to show me around or go hang out or somethin'?"

For the first time in a long time, Laurel tilted her head back, and let out a single "HAH", being genuinely amused. "Aldus, in my culture, walking straight past someone without acknowledging them is considered polite. Back in Albania you'd only stop to talk to someone to... to berate them." It took her a second to find the correct word. "I don't have Divination either, though, so, I guess we could hang out or, well, something. Do you have anything in mind? I'm not too imaginative myself, so I'm open to ideas." She said sheepishly, before waiting for him to respond to her.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Aldus couldn't help but smile at the girl's amusement, it was good to see that she could come out of her shell after all. "Well," he offered, "I suppose I'm really not in Canada anymore. This might take some getting used to."

"I don't have Divination either," The girl in the chair across from him would say, "though, so, I guess we could hang out or, well, something. Do you have anything in mind? I'm not too imaginative myself, so I'm open to ideas." He picked up a hint of shyness from the girl and noted the symptom. So far it seemed like she really didn't know how to handle people; though there was a fair amount of warmth underneath her, so perhaps she was just slow to trust.

"Well," he began, running a hand through his short black hair, "I don't really know Hogwarts all that well and..." He gestured at the common room around them, "While this has got to the coziest place I've ever seen, I imagine its good to get out of the Hobbit Hole every now and again."

Aldus flashed her a winning smile and continued, "So, why not show me around the castle some? I'm sure you've run into some pretty cool things, and if not well... Maybe we'll find something together?"
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Laurel smiled and quietly celebrated the fact that he wasn't a fuckboy. "Ha, yeah, sure. But I'll have to get changed first, since I can't really go out there in this." Laurel gestured to her sweatpants. She unfolded her legs from the chair and stood up. "Hey, I'll be just a second, you want to wait for me here? Unless you need to get something. Just... Here, just meet me back here in five or ten minutes." She said quietly, before walking slowly up to her room, sliding out of her relaxation clothes and back into her uniform, looking, almost regretfully, at her sweatpants and hoodie, half of her wishing she didn't have to go out of her dorm again, and the other half of her excited to actually be doing something with someone else.

Coming back down, her hair still tied up, she patiently waited for her newfound companion to join her.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Orion Prince watched the Quidditch players whizzing about for a few minutes, until they returned to earth. He was quickly growing aware of the greatest irony of the first day free period: boredom. He had a space of empty time before him. One which would be filled every other day with hard work, but which he could not use to get ahead on it now, even though he had nothing better to do.

In order to do something worthwhile, Orion decided that he should head down to the library and have a look at books on ancient artifacts. Perhaps he could find something on the mysterious artifact which was hidden somewhere within the school. It did not make much sense to Orion why Aurum had not simply told the students what the goblins were searching for. It was clearly not well known and thus would make an excellent teaching opportunity, in Orion's opinion at least.

The library was almost deserted, as it was still too early in the day for students to have homework. Orion made his way slowly through the aisles until he found a familiar book, Hogwarts: A History. Orion had read this book several times before. It would make a good starting place for any investigation into the mysteries of the school. Not that he expected any real answers from it. The book was more of a summary and much of the early history of the school was lost. But at the very least, it might contain a hint as to what the goblins were looking for. Orion also grabbed several books on magical artifacts and relations between medieval goblins and wizards. He took them all to a table and began to leisurely peruse Hogwarts: A History.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Postby Oblivion2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 am

Aldus took a deep breath as the girl bounded up the stairs quickly into the Girl's Dormitory. Not a bad days work so far, in fact if he had confirmation about having secured a slot on the Quidditch team then it would have been a fantastic day. While the girl was going to go get changed, Aldus decided to return his Broomstick back up to his room. He wiped it down quickly first, before reverently placing it beside his dresser; the thing was his most valued possession.

He looked down at his own clothes next; his robes were a little wind blown but otherwise still serviceable. As an added plus they didn't smell like sweaty jock either, more like fresh air and the cut grass of the Quidditch pitch. He nodded to himself, it would serve.

When he came down his own set of stairs he found Laurel waiting for him. She wore her school robes this time, though her hair was still pulled back. With her Albanian features however, she looked every part the Witch, like she could be a force of nature unto herself. Aldus by contrast always felt strangely out of place in his own robes. He felt that they never quite suited his personality, or his face for that matter.

"You look nice." he said, meaning every word, "So, where you taking me?"
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Proud Canadian

- Unknown

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:56 pm

2 September 2015
Slytherin Dungeons

Snap!

The book slammed closed with an audible snap! that echoed through the quiet corridors of the dungeons that served as Slytherin House's rooms. Tossing the book aside that had offended him so, Prestor Pinochot fixed his copy of Standard Book of Spells, Grade Seven, with a look of disdain.

Running a hand through his already slicked back hair, Prestor sighed. "Why," he asked himself. "Must Hogwarts waste my time with work I have already learned?" Prestor respected Professor Lawe, truly, but despite being one of the few teachers at this school with their head on straight her class had long since stopped being difficult. Who cared about defending against the Dark Arts, anyway?

Pinochot was just about to pick up his copy of Adalbert Waffling's Magical Theory when an ominous cawing noise sounded throughout the room. Smiling ever so slightly at the noise, Prestor Pinochot turned to see a slightly above average sized crow carrying a bundle.

The bird dropped its weight on Prestor's bed before landing on his shoulder, as was his custom. Prestor met the sharp brown of the bird's eye with his own faintly emerald ones.

"How you find your way down here every morning," drawled Pinochot. "I will likely never know, old friend."

The crow, Dagger, only let out another sharp caw in response.

"Too true," nodded Prestor, smiling at whatever the bird had said. "How could I ever presume to think mere water could stop you?" The crow seemed to puff its chest up in pride at the statement, causing Prestor to shake his head in amusement.

Turning towards the bundle the crow had left him, Prestor Pinochot took hold of it before unwrapping it to reveal its content: this day's copy of the Daily Prophet:

Esselman wrote:(Image)
Former Minister for Magic Murdered!

Minister for Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt who took office in 1998 after the Second Wizarding War, was found dead this morning. Shacklebolt home was said to have been busted open with the spell Bombarda but an official report has yet to be revealed. Autopsies revealed that the former Minister was repeatedly beaten with objects found in his own home, ultimately leaving a disastrously messy seen.
"It is a tragedy what has happened here today but justice will be served," said current Minister Thorfinn Ellesmere. The minister refused to make further comments at this time but promises to take action. Shacklebolt will be remembered for his incredible work as both an Auror and as a Minister for Magic, in his time he worked with an incomparable amount of magically talented wizards and is a part of a generation of wizards not easily forgotten. A former colleague and current head of the Auror department, as appointed by Shacklebolt, Harry Potter, said in an interview, "The thing that did this did it in a cowardly way, attacking him in the middle of the night. Kingsley was a great wizard but an even better person, it is sad to see that there can be no rest for someone who's been through as much," said Potter.
The funeral for Shacklebolt has yet to be determined by the family, but the Ministry will hold a vigil in the coming weeks.

Prestor read the head-line and the associated article with a blank expression; his features never changing once. When at last he finished, he tossed the paper to the side dismissively. "So he is dead..." he mused aloud. "Good riddance."

Dagger, the crow still perched on his shoulder, cawed.

Prestor Pinochot seemed to pause; considering. "You are correct," he said. "Blood traitor or no, he was an accomplished wizard and no wizard deserves to day like a mere Muggle. Considering the recent events, the most likely suspect is no doubt the Goblins. However, they are not dim creatures and would know this to be the case."

Dagger cawed again and Pinochot smirked. "Yes," he nodded towards the bird. "I suspect this is the work of parties yet unknown who are attempting to foster hatred with the Goblins." He paused, titling his head in thought. "What concerns me is its possible connection with our current Goblin guests. The rumors have it they are concerned with the Founders, but that may be premature. This school has been room to many powerful wizards and witches, after all."

"Dagger," he suddenly addressed the bird. "I do not feel particularly hungry today. Most of the people in this castle are no doubt obsessing over Quidditch, but I have higher aims. I want you to see what you can find about this Goblin and Shacklebolt business."

Shrugging his shoulder, he sent the bird airborne as he made his way for the door. Flying after him, Dagger cawed again.

"While you are doing that," replied Prestor Pinochot. "I am going to find Professor Lawe. I wonder if our dear Head of House might be amendable to a seventh year offering his assistance to the Goblins." Smirking, he sent a cold and dark smirk towards the bird. "After all, the Goblins are not permitted to use magic and this castle is a very magical place. Dangerous, too. What sort of person would I be if I did not offer my wand in aid?"

Dagger released a shrill caw before flying off, leaving him alone in the Slytherin common room.

"You know me too well, old friend," he laughed. " 'I would be a Pinochot,' the bird says. Ha-ha!" Withdrawing his personal note-book, Prestor Pinochot made his way into the halls of Hogwarts school in search of Professor Lawe.
Last edited by Prumia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Aaron Smyth-Arithmancy Room

Aaron is hard at work furiously scribbling notes on his parchment. Professor Vector wasted no time and quickly started her lecture. Aaron's father told him, "That class will drive you insane or you will find it fascinating and feel a great satisfaction when you get that high mark on your essay. Knowing you Aaron, it will be the latter." So far it seemed like it he was correct. Aaron loves solving complex problems, and Arithmancy had a surplus of those. Aaron's concentration was interrupted with a loud caw. A large, black crow was perched on the window right next to Aaron. Aaron tapped on the window to scare it away. However, it just stood there and started to caw again. Aaron wished he was able to do a silencing charm correctly to shut that thing up. Aaron's prayers were answered, the crow flew away and dove down out of sight. Later in class, the crow stopped by the window again before flying down to the direction of the greenhouses. "A crow doesn't do that naturally." Aaron thought, "It seems to be following commands from an unknown person. It could also be an Animagus but, that was unlikely. Presumably the person in question seems to be looking for information, probably concerning what the goblins were looking for." Aaron made a mental note to keep an eye out for the crow, and if he saw its owner, interrogate him or her what he or she kew. Aaron then went back to writing notes at a blistering pace
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse