NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you Rather get...

Alex's Sentry Serum
56%
Valka's Mjolnir and Gungnir
44%

Total votes : 18

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:You've already put far too much work into this.

Yep. Agreed.

On a side note, I finished the post.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 pm

SCIENCE, BITCH

This is actually Part 1 of a 3-part series, the next will be determining just how much Max could destroy if he released all of that power at once, and the last being Neros' remedy to fix the way in which we measure power levels, while still being based on the Joule-Power Level relationship. The short answer is that it's unfixable with DBZ understanding, and that it will get broken after 3-4 Arcs regardless, the long answer is that we should just fuckin' roleplay and assume general power parity in interactions.

The Templar High Council wrote:

Yep. Agreed.

Kicked your ass!

I just wanted to see what PL I would get from Namek, and instead, I somehow managed to acquire autism.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:28 pm

New Neros wrote:

SCIENCE, BITCH

This is actually Part 1 of a 3-part series, the next will be determining just how much Max could destroy if he released all of that power at once, and the last being Neros' remedy to fix the way in which we measure power levels, while still being based on the Joule-Power Level relationship. The short answer is that it's unfixable with DBZ understanding, and that it will get broken after 3-4 Arcs regardless, the long answer is that we should just fuckin' roleplay and assume general power parity in interactions.

The Templar High Council wrote:Yep. Agreed.

Kicked your ass!

I just wanted to see what PL I would get from Namek, and instead, I somehow managed to acquire autism.

Power levels stopped Making sense during the Namek arc anyways.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:33 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
New Neros wrote:
SCIENCE, BITCH

Kicked your ass!

And yet I still have people telling me that Goku is a universe buster by trying to use power levels. ಠ_ಠ
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

And yet I still have people telling me that Goku is a universe buster by trying to use power levels. ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, those are the people more concerned with POWAAAAAH than a good story. Kind of like the people who randomly say, "HUR DERRR DBZ SUKZ BCUZ SUPAMEN BEETS GAKU!!!111!!one"

Long story short, everyone except us is stupid.
Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

New Neros wrote:
SCIENCE, BITCH

Kicked your ass!

DBZ stopped making sense after the Namek Arc with the introduction of Earth-built Androids that were far more powerful than Frieza, the most powerful being in the Universe at that time. The power of Androids would have made more sense if they were from the future all Cell-style instead being made in some basement. Had Raditz never came to Earth, Goku and Co would have been absolutely slaughtered by the Androids.

Mavorpen wrote:

>implying ki manipulation is not reality warping

marv pls
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:And yet I still have people telling me that Goku is a universe buster by trying to use power levels. ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, those are the people more concerned with POWAAAAAH than a good story. Kind of like the people who randomly say, "HUR DERRR DBZ SUKZ BCUZ SUPAMEN BEETS GAKU!!!111!!one"

And even then, some of us are stupid!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 pm

New Neros wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:Yeah, those are the people more concerned with POWAAAAAH than a good story. Kind of like the people who randomly say, "HUR DERRR DBZ SUKZ BCUZ SUPAMEN BEETS GAKU!!!111!!one"

And even then, some of us are stupid!

We're all stupid, earth is doomed.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nassan
Envoy

Founded: Mar 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nassan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Yeah, I figured PL is a non-factor in this RP, I mean, Professor Charles Xavier could easily take Goku down anytime, but he'd most likely have a PL of 15.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
moaannnnnnnnnn

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Destructive Level of Mad Max Post-Namekian Absorption Event

After the supposed event in which Maxwell Morningstar absorbed the geothermal activity of the planet Namek, he attained a Power Level of 286,396,792,543,821,413, or 2.8617, assuming we go for the lowest hypothetical in that scenario. A PL of 1.1113, or 11 billion, is equal to 1031 joules of energy, because that's how much energy he absorbed to give him that power level (The PL was re-worked after the discovery of a calculation error on my part). The question posed now, however, is what exactly can the Mad King destroy with that kind of power?

Since Mad Max's ability is to convert any form of energy into whatever form he desires without limit, this has no excess or leftovers if used to it's fullest extent. Let's use a base destruction of the Solar System, for instance, and use the numbers shown here. We would need the TNT-equivalent of 5.5031 tons of TNT. 1 Ton of TNT = 4.184 gigajoules (4 billion joules), so by that factor, we get a measure of 2.332 gigajoules of energy needed to destroy the solar system, or 2.341 joules.

2.341 joules =/= 1031 joules, so we now know Mad Max is not a solar system buster. However, with 1031 joules of energy, this gives Mad Max a TNT-equivalent of 2,390,057,361,376,673,040,153 (2.421), and based on the same link we used to get the measurement of how much destructive power it would take to destroy a planet, Mad Max isn't even a planet-buster at that level, and is unable to even obliterate the dwarf planet Pluto. This does not add up with what is present in DBZ Cannon, as Frieza was able to planet-bust at a (generally speaking) low power level of 120 million with his Death Ball technique.

This reaffirms our past position:

Power Levels don't mean shit.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
New Neros wrote:And even then, some of us are stupid!

We're all stupid, earth is doomed.

And Thanksgiving is about killing Indians!

Nassan wrote:Yeah, I figured PL is a non-factor in this RP, I mean, Professor Charles Xavier could easily take Goku down anytime, but he'd most likely have a PL of 15.

Isn't Professor X a planet-buster with his mind but must hold himself back constantly?

That's actually what I'm using for Mad Max at the moment. His power is so great he can suck all of the mass-energy equivalence of Earth out at any moment, but his willpower is so great that he can tone down his power to controllable levels, thereby giving him the largest willpower in the entire roster.
Last edited by New Neros on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Hold the fucking phone.

How could Max gather the Namekian Dragon Balls if one of them is already on Earth?
Also, why did we bring back Okarot? At this point, he's still a bad guy to us, and fighting the same enemy doesn't cut it. Honestly, I know why he was brought back, but I just don't find that much sense.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Hold the fucking phone.

How could Max gather the Namekian Dragon Balls if one of them is already on Earth?
Also, why did we bring back Okarot? At this point, he's still a bad guy to us, and fighting the same enemy doesn't cut it. Honestly, I know why he was brought back, but I just don't find that much sense.

This is based in part on comic books.

The answer is PIS.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

This is based in part on comic books.

The answer is PIS.

Or surprise teleporting Dragon Balls.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:This is based in part on comic books.

The answer is PIS.

Or Lisa was an idiot and forgot to drop the dragon ball at the ship.
Which makes a surprising amount of sense given her character.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Finland, ask yourself, when Elder Guru died in the series, didn't the Dragon Balls, IDK, cease to work?

Surprise! You have a random ball of stone on Earth.

Can't the Grand Elder also make the Dragon Balls? Surprise! He can.

Who absorbed the Grand Elder+Nail fusion? Suprise! Max.

Who made a new set of Dragon Balls and conjured up the Dragon? Surprise! Max.

Finland SSR wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:This is based in part on comic books.

The answer is PIS.

Who the fuck surprise teleports a DB from Namek to Earth, when the whole point of going to Namek was to get them in the first place. It's like you didn't read any posts but your own.
Last edited by New Neros on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Charmera wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Or surprise teleporting Dragon Balls.

Or Lisa was an idiot and forgot to drop the dragon ball at the ship.

Yes, Lisa, yes...

Put more of that believability on my plot...

You beautiful lady who lives in my house...

New Neros wrote:

Finland, ask yourself, when Elder Guru died in the series, didn't the Dragon Balls, IDK, cease to work?

Finland SSR wrote:Or surprise teleporting Dragon Balls.

Who the fuck surprise teleports a DB from Namek to Earth, when the whole point of going to Namek was to get them in the first place. It's like you didn't read any posts but your own.

My point of traveling to Namek was to make sure nobody gets the Dragon Balls, not gather them, dammit.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Charmera wrote:Or Lisa was an idiot and forgot to drop the dragon ball at the ship.

Yes, Lisa, yes...

New Neros wrote:Finland, ask yourself, when Elder Guru died in the series, didn't the Dragon Balls, IDK, cease to work?

My point of traveling to Namek was to make sure nobody gets the Dragon Balls, not gather them, dammit.

Good job.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Finland SSR wrote:Yes, Lisa, yes...

Good job.

No slow sarcastic clap?

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Charmera wrote:Or Lisa was an idiot and forgot to drop the dragon ball at the ship.

Yes, Lisa, yes...

New Neros wrote:Finland, ask yourself, when Elder Guru died in the series, didn't the Dragon Balls, IDK, cease to work?

And you failed. Max circumvented the rules, made his own Dragon Balls, and fucked your girlfriend.

The reason Max went was generally the same reason, but not to be as much of a dick as White Knight is.

Finland SSR wrote:Yes, Lisa, yes...

Good job.

He saved the roleplay!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:42 pm

New Neros wrote:And you failed. Max circumvented the rules, made his own Dragon Balls, and fucked your girlfriend.

The reason Max went was generally the same reason, but not to be as much of a dick as White Knight is.

And now it all begins...

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Neros » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:53 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
New Neros wrote:And you failed. Max circumvented the rules, made his own Dragon Balls, and fucked your girlfriend.

And now it all begins...

Yes. In truth, this was planned out by me and Rob, and the whole "Max becomes the new Guru" is from Rob, actually. He wanted to get that revival-Zenaki but I already planned for Nail and Guru to fuse at that point, so he devised that asspull.

But realistically, White Price and Mad Max are pretty antagonistic to each other as implied previously, the Namek Saga seemed to be an exception to that rule. The reason Max departed was so that he could have the Dragon Balls to use at his disposal (and thereby ensuring no one else can use them), and if that was an impossible task, ensuring no one could have them was a secondary option. The final option, if White Prince were to gain ANY of the Dragon Balls, Mad Max would assassinate Guru to ensure complete failure of the Namekian Dragon Ball Cycle.

(that last option was a joke)

Also, we're all tending to forget a major plot point: Max has all of the Earth's Dragon Balls back at his underground castle.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:03 pm

New Neros wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:...

And now it all begins...

Yes. In truth, this was planned out by me and Rob, and the whole "Max becomes the new Guru" is from Rob, actually. He wanted to get that revival-Zenaki but I already planned for Nail and Guru to fuse at that point, so he devised that asspull.

But realistically, White Price and Mad Max are pretty antagonistic to each other as implied previously, the Namek Saga seemed to be an exception to that rule. The reason Max departed was so that he could have the Dragon Balls to use at his disposal (and thereby ensuring no one else can use them), and if that was an impossible task, ensuring no one could have them was a secondary option. The final option, if White Prince were to gain ANY of the Dragon Balls, Mad Max would assassinate Guru to ensure complete failure of the Namekian Dragon Ball Cycle.

Also, we're all tending to forget a major plot point: Max has all of the Earth's Dragon Balls back at his underground castle.

Shiet. Lisa halp?

Anyway, I'm not really sure if one can get Zenkais from being dead and then revived, but hey, let's roll with it.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:06 pm

New Neros wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:...

And now it all begins...

As soon as you said that, I had the overwhelming urge to have Lisa steal them.
I've become an RP kleptomaniac ever since I realised Lisa could steal anything she wants...

... Which is an idea for Alternate Lisa...
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:14 pm

I checked your power level posts, Neros, and one thing:

Power levels have been shown to be not linear in power. Roshi with a PL of 180 vaporized the moon, and a normal person is only a 5.

They are either non-linear in destructive capacity, or non-linear when comparing people. After all, Roshi was training and mastering ki for 50 years, it's quite logical that 1 PL point of his would be worth more than one of a normal person.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse