NATION

PASSWORD

The Elves of Starlight [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Just the rapid approach of RL in the form of AS exams.

Probably Lenyae, since RPing a more peaceful and curious character will be something I haven't done in a while.

AS? Advanced Studies?

Sure thing. Reserved.

Dunno what it stands for. It's the first part of A-Levels, and that's all I know.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:56 am

HOLA! gotz the letterz and may I haz The Fisher please (even though I hate fish :p ) :lol:

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:57 am

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:HOLA! gotz the letterz and may I haz The Fisher please (even though I hate fish :p ) :lol:

Sure thing. If you can think of a better main title for your elf, please tell me and I'll change it.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:02 pm

There, all done.
Character App

Character Name: Eluthiel Illumen

Character Title: The Starkindler, Chosen of Eluthiel. Lightweaver, Lady of Light, First of the Eldar. And Wielder of the Words of Radiance.

Patron/Creator: Eluthiel, Goddess of Stars, Light and Skies

Appearance:
(Image)

Short Bio: Eluthiel was the first of the awakened. Being touched by the Starkindler, her eyes slowly opened for the first time, and she beheld the sky, full of radiant stars, shining their beauty down upon her. And she was taken with them, and the Goddess saw her wonder, and smiled gently at her. And though the earth, created by Wulea, upon which the Elves now dwell is very beautiful, Eluthiel regards the two moons and the many stars that can be seen at night to be the greatest beauty of all.

And then her Creator spoke to her, showing the creation of the first stars, and her duty upon this earth, to guard and preserve the light, for if it faltered, the darkness would come. And so, the Goddess had created the sun to rule by day, the moon and stars to rule by night. The makings of them were revealed to her, and the ancient enemy of the Goddess, the Darkness. She beheld its form, felt its power and saw a vision of the Final Days, upon which the Darkness will return in full strength, seeking to blot out the light of the sun. She was to stand warden, guardian over the skies, and keep them free of evil. And though she doubted her power, the Goddess showed the elf her own power, and so Eluthiel was reassured.

But she also learned that light was not just the sun, moon and stars. Nay, light is hope, and friendship, and charity and purity and love. Their hearts were overflowing with love, and the Eldar were truly children of Light. And this light, this flame, would not be extinguished, no matter what any might try.

Powers: As the chosen of the Starkindler, Eluthiel's powers reflect the domains of the goddess, of both light, the skies and the stars.

Eluthiel's first power is that of illumination, light manipulation. Putting forth her will and power, she can create, or bend all and any light, most powerful of those the visible light spectrum. She can put forth that power to create beams of light, or constructs of light, all directed by her mind. Eluthiel can also put forth the power of light to create illusions, and due to her power over the spectrum, turn herself, or any object invisible, for only a certain short period of time, which will increase as she grows more familiar with her powers. Her illusions will dissipate when touched, and any sounds made during invisibility can be heard. She can also camouflage herself by turning her clothes into any color required.

Also, Eluthiel can absorb light from anything but living creatures to use, by taking in a breath. The larger breaths she takes, the more light is taken in. This may darken a room, and give her an available power source. However, she must be careful not to breathe too deeply to not turn the atmosphere or her clothes around her into slate gray. This absorbing of light will also make her glow. She refers to this power as infusing, and has created spheres, magical balls that can hold light at any time. If there is no light available, Eluthiel can draw light from the spheres, which will make them dun or colorless. They can be refilled by putting them in the sun or moonlight. She carries these spheres on her person at all times. Eluthiel can infuse these spheres herself with her own power, storing it for later use. She can also infuse any objects with light, such as her clothes, a stick or a sword. As light also creates heat, Eluthiel can heat up any object. If Eluthiel needs energy, sitting in an area with enough moon, star or sunlight will energize her. With her light powers, Eluthiel sees the world slightly differently than most, with the colors she perceives being more radiant than usual. Eluthiel was also gifted with being able to see a person's soul light. This allows her to perceive the goodness within a person by how bright, or dark their soul light is. If a person has sufficiently redeemed themselves, Eluthiel can reset their soullight, allowing them to become a creature of light, rather than darkness. Finally, Eluthiel can create shields, or bubbles of light. No darkness, living being or any material can pass through unless Eluthiel wills it. However, the shields of light will only last for as long as Eluthiel has light to expend or enough power within herself to do so.

Eluthiel's power of the stars relates significantly to that of her powers of light. However, she does wield the Words of Radiance. These Words, given to her by the Goddess were used in the creation of the sun, moon and stars, and allow her to create new bodies of light herself. As befits awesome power such as this, Eluthiel can currently only create little, well, tiny stars, and they cost much energy. The Words are not to be taken lightly, for they can call several of the smaller stars Eluthiel has made to her, for her use. In a way, the Words of Radiance are Eluthiel's ultimate attack, and so have rarely been used as of now.

Eluthiel's power over the sky starts with flight. She can only fly for a pretty short amount of time, and as she rises in elevation, the more energy is taken to maintain that. Also, Eluthiel can speak with all of the animals of the sky. And so, she also can control lightning, along with rain, though that takes more energy, especially if it is a clear, sunny day. Finally, Eluthiel can summon the Eagles of the Starkindler with an inaudible whistle to Maer ears, but extremely loud for Eagles. Upon her call, these giant eagles will assist her, or bare her, and any companions that need to be carried. However, Eluthiel rarely calls them, as they are free beasts, being their own masters, and so it is only in desperate moments of great need that she will summon them.

Additional Information: None
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time - US East Coast.
#StarsandElves
Last edited by The Starlight on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:20 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:Alright, just gotta come up with a suitable bio..

Character App
Character Name: Venwynn
Character Title: The Warrior
Patron/Creator: Tuyil, the Warrior, God of War and Battle
Gender: Female (You're pretty damn right, female Elves are much more enjoyable m8)
Appearance: One image for you, sir.
Short Bio:
Powers: Proficiency with every type of weapon and armor, as well as the ability to use many seemingly useless things as an improvised weapon.
Additional Information: Pretty much an edited, more godly version of my 5th Ed D&D backup character, whom has still not been used.
Time Zone: GMT+1 (Amsterdam and such blahblah)
#StarsandElves - For finding apps, DO NOT remove, thanks.

Looks good so far. You could add personality to the bio, and her first thoughts.

New Jordslag wrote:Star, I'm making my app, but I just realized: we should have an Evil God. Two evil gods, in fact. One supports total chaos and insanity, and is himself insane. He has support from only small and scattered cults among the Elves, with most having a strong distaste for him. The other one should support tyranny and oppressive order and lies, and have notably stronger support among the highly-organized Elves, albeit still small.

Thoughts, Star?

They would have to be part of a different pantheon then. But yes, evil gods will come into play, but as there are only 8 elves, not yet. Once the elven population gets larger, or perhaps before that, they will come into contact with evil gods.

Shit. Forgot that the Elven population was ludicrously low.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Yep.

Anyway, if you all could get your apps up by Sunday, I would start the IC. I've got the whole week off with Spring Break.
Call me Star

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:30 pm

The Starlight wrote:Yep.

Anyway, if you all could get your apps up by Sunday, I would start the IC. I've got the whole week off with Spring Break.

2 weeks off, because Easter holidays. I should hopefully be able to get a app up by Sunday, but I'll be in Wales over the weekend and there's a chance I won't have Internet access while I'm there. Also exam revision stuff to do.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Yep.

2 weeks off, because Easter holidays. I should hopefully be able to get a app up by Sunday, but I'll be in Wales over the weekend and there's a chance I won't have Internet access while I'm there. Also exam revision stuff to do.

Ok, thanks for telling me. Lucky you! I've only got 10 days.
Call me Star

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:46 am

I don't have ny days off!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:23 am

I'm not giving up on this, but I need your apps! *Pokes repeatedly with stick*
Call me Star

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 am

The Starlight wrote:I'm not giving up on this, but I need your apps! *Pokes repeatedly with stick*

*pokes you back*

I'm trying to finish my app, but Dragons of Atlantis is sooooo addicting. :unsure:
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Anyone there? If there's a bit of interest, I could reboot this, or if enough people submit their apps, then we can finally start the IC.
Call me Star

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Well, if anyone's here, here's another of my fantasy RPs. If you could drop on by, and possibly app, that'll be great.
Call me Star

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse