NATION

PASSWORD

A New Creation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:35 am

Spirae Tempestia, Orisael

Orisael read the document aloud, his voice and expression showing little to nothing of how he thought on its contents. The other councilors of Solumaire were much the same, though the ones from Marisaire were close to a frenzy. Once Orisael was finished reading the document, he rolled it up and placed it onto the table, staring hard directly at the two Akeanians that had delivered it. When the representatives from Marisaire went to object, no doubt with an aggression and rage that could be expected from such a thinly veiled insult, Orisael raised his hand and the guards stopped them, seating them again.

"I am to assume you did not know of the contents of your message. You would not come here so recklessly if you did with such an insult." Orisael stated to the two Akeanians with a sharpness that seemed to compare with actual blades. "Or is this, perhaps, some form of a jest? Regardless, it is quite clear peace is not on you or your goddess's minds."

Hilaeron & Kylel

Hilaeron watched onward as they progressed to their destination. His powers had sundered the Akeanian fleet that guarded the supply lines, though he could not claim all of the credit. The Arcacian seamen were worthy of some of the honor, perhaps.

Kylel watched ahead alongside Hilaeron, his expression troubled, but otherwise silent.
"Is something bothering you?" Hilaeron inquired after several minutes of wondering.
"... Why are we fighting?" Kylel replied, apparently unable to wrap his head around the fact that they were at war, and didn't even know why.
And that caught Hilaeron by surprise himself. He didn't even know the exact reason why the Akeanians were at war with the Stel-Natus. He suspected it might be for land, or as some form of twisted reconquest of territories. But he didn't know the truth behind it. They simply invaded Marisaire with no warning or stated reason, like a savage tribe of brutes, as far as Hilaeron was concerned.

His thoughts were interrupted, however, when he heard distant screams and a ship literally being torn apart. When he turned to look, what he saw horrified him. A ship was being dragged under, and was torn in half, with all of the sailors dieing or going to die. Swallowed by the deep sea. It seemed, to him, that the answer to Kylel's question had now taken a personal role in the war. And the reports of monsters invading Marisaire seemed all the more true.

"She's finally arrived. I was waiting." A voice spoke inside Kylel's and Hilaeron's minds, with the former confused and horrified, but the latter steeled and ready to react.
"Turn the ship towards the coast, now! We need to land the entire fleet on solid ground!" Hilaeron shouted his order to the captain, who, broken from his daze and shock, complied quickly. An order to retreat from a large sea monster seemed quite prudent indeed. It wasn't long before the entire fleet had followed suit. If Hilaeron was on the ground, battling a god might be slightly easier. Especially if that god was Ornara, the mother of the Akeanians, and ruler of the oceans.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:11 am

Ornara

Ornara felt another hull give way to her coiled limbs with a satisfying shower of splinters. Already some of its crew were desperately trying to escape form the approaching waves, insects scampering around their doomed vessel. Already the ocean around her were full of the remains of Aracian vessels and the futile cries of the few survivors struggling to hold on to their lives in the freezing waters.

Satisfied with the state of her prey, Ornara turned her attention once again to the rest of the fleet to see the distance between it and herself having increased. She immediately tossed aside the men she had ensnared in her tentacles, allowing the sudden impact with the surface of the oceans to end their struggling. The Goddess’ attention was entirely shifted from the defeated vessel before her as rage once again bubbled to the forefront of her mind. Cowards! Murderers! They were trying to run, to escape her wrath and punishment. The nerve of the Stel-Natians enflamed Ornara’s hatred of their ilk, such dishonourable creatures had no right to walk upon the Earth.

Once again the tentacles of Ornara’s divine form descended into the depths, disappearing from the view of her prey – although there was no doubt as to where they were heading. Ornara propelled herself below the hulls of the fleet, easily catching up to the fleeing craft. The constructs of wood and sail were laughable attempts to construct islands of safety upon her domain, and skimmed along the seas haphazardly and ineffectively compared to those beings that called it home. However, the Goddess forced herself to ignore most of them as she focused her eyes on a single craft sailing out in front. She felt a strange energy emanating from the ship, undoubtedly from the vile leader of the murderous gang – it would be a simple matter to decapitate the mortals and leave the underlings at her mercy.
Around the hull of Hilaeron’s vessel, tentacles began to slither up from the impenetrable depths. The thick limbs had already proven more than capable of rending the creations of mortals and readied themselves with an almost self-assured pace, as if the Aracian vessel in their grips could offer no form of resistance.

Spirae Tempestia

Ahirom’s face remained impassive as he stood silently, watching Councillor Sirom’s every move as the man unveiled the treaty. As the words of the document were read out, the Councillor seemed unphased, as if he had already committed each of them to memory long before and saw no controversy in their intent. Elder Ahirom’s mind was whirring, trying to make sense of the farce that he being forced to witness. Sirom was a vulture, no doubt, but he was no fool, he knew that the Marisaire were sure to reject what he had proposed – in deed the whole of the Akeanian Council should have realised the pointlessness of their heralded peace agreement. So why had they insisted that Ahirom and Timor be burdened with the Sirom and his worthless piece of paper? The Elder tried to think quickly, perhaps there was some way to turn it around by going over Sirom’s head.

“Regardless, it is quite clear that peace is not on you or your Goddess’ minds.”

Damn them! The curse went unsaid, Ahirom felt the little hope of a peace escape from his grasp. He risked a glance towards Timor. The young man’s features had shifted from one of confusion at the words of the treaty to one of anger at the defiling of the Goddess’ name. He may be the Champion of Ornara, but hell that boy’s got a lot to learn. The Elder’s attention turned from salvaging a peace treaty to wondering on the curiosity as to whether or not the three of them would make it out alive.

Sirom sat on his end of the table, letting out a deep sigh at the words of his counterpart. “Allow me to assure you that this is no jest. Looking over your insult to the Goddess, you must know that it was She who instructed the High Chief, in Her infinite wisdom, to seek out a peaceful solution to this crisis. As her loyal servants, we are bound to entertain such a prospect – no matter whether or not the Marisaire are deserving. I do not intend to beat around the bush, Honourable Councillor, but I am afraid that your brethren from the coast are in no position to be either negotiating or making demands. Our armies have ceased their advance because they were instructed to do as much, yet our flag reigns supreme over much of Marisaire – really, a treaty is just a formality by this point don’t you think?”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:10 am

Orisael, Spirae Tempestia

Orisael was silently for an awkwardly long time, staring hard at the three Akeanians and processing their response, as well as the paper that was laid before him. This "treaty" was a mockery of the Stel-Natus, not just Marisaire, but it seemed these three did not truly understand what they did.
We shall show them, Orisael. The Voice spoke clearly to the young elder, prompting him to do something rather odd.

"You are all dismissed." He spoke to the rest of the council, including the Marisairean representatives. This prompted confused looks and nearly even more outrage, if such were possible, from the representatives, but he held his hand up, firm in his decision. "Leave us. Now." He spoke in a more commanding tone, keeping his gaze on the three Akeanians.

As soon as the chamber was empty, with nothing but the two Akeanians, the golden-armored guards, and the current head of the council, Orisael stood up from his chair. "How much do you know of the Stel-Natus? I assume not much, as the weight of what you have done seems to elude you."

Hilaeron & Kylel

Hilaeron watched the arms of the great beast rise up, and promptly slammed his staff, Aurora into the hull of the ship. Sunlight was brought down upon the feelers, acting like spears and aiming to pierce and sear the flesh of the great beast. Hilaeron knew this would only anger Ornara, she was nothing if not fierce and unforgiving, but he required time. The fleet must reach the shore, or his plan was lost.

Kylel, meanwhile, had not even drawn his blade. He seemed dazed, by something unseen, as his eyes were raised skyward toward the sun. Hilaeron had no time to break him from his trance, or even had time to notice, so focused was he on the task of surviving. "Do not stop! We must reach the shoreline!" He exclaimed to the captain and the crew, urging them keep to their posts and not succumb to fear. Fear that was so readily, even now, seeking to tear the ship asunder like it had already done.
Last edited by The Seven Archangels on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Ornara

The beast shrieked, more out of surprise than pain, as a blinding flash of light seared its limbs. The unexpected resistance caused Ornara to recoil, pulling her feelers away from the troublesome vessel above her. She glared upwards at the bottom of the ship, irritated and the gall of the Stel-Natians. In that briefest of moments, she had sensed the source of the powerful magic that had drawn her attention to the lead ship initially. There was no doubt about it, an Elder of the Stel-Natians was among the crew, and a powerful one at that.

The Goddess blessed her luck, a chance to lash out at two birds with a single stone. The Elders had proven most resolute in their irksome resistance to the Akeanians. The so-called gifted of Caelum had been granted an influence over the God’s domain that no other mortal could come close to claim, a blessing which had flooded Ornara with envy since she had learned of its existence. Why was it that a few lowly Stel-Natians were granted such power in lieu of her Akeanians? If her children had had such power, they wouldn’t have sat idle and squandered it like their counterparts. She could also never forgive the summoning the Great Storm that lashed out deliberately at the Akeanians. And yet now Ornara found herself gifted with one of their ilk lying splayed on a platter, isolated and vulnerable within her domain.

At the ocean’s surface, for a minute peace seemed to have reigned as the monster had vanished into the depths as quickly as it had appeared. Some of the more optimistic may have dared to believe that Hilaeron’s actions had frightened it back to the hell from whence it had spawned, but most realised that their fight was far from done.

With a great crash as countless gallons of water were forced aside, Ornara rose above the waves. Her head loomed over the insignificant vessel, two predatory eyes looking down upon it with a chilling sapience lying behind them. Only part of her gigantic form lifted out of the depths, and yet still it was more than enough to dwarf the small ship. The Goddess surveyed the insects scurrying around their deck, her eyes scanning the crew until they fell upon a single individual in particular. Those eyes, speaking of emotions and thoughts of a level not meant for a creature of such monstrosity and terror, bore down upon Hilaeron. Slowly, the tentacles once again began to raise above the depths, but this time they were larger and there were more of them. What could only be described as a grin was lying on the beast’s face, rows of sharpened teeth – each easily as large as a sword’s blade and in some cases bloodied – waited expectantly. With a thought, Ornara gripped the boat and sent her smaller feelers in to assault the crew. She could have torn the whole craft asunder there and then had she so desired, but she wanted to watch this Elder suffer – his own inadequacy glaring in his final moments.

Spirae Tempestia

Ahirom felt a growing sense of unease as the chamber was evacuated. A quick glance towards Timor told him that the youth was starting to feel the same – but there was still a fiery anger in his eyes from the Stel-Natian’s insult of the Goddess. Boy, if that’s all it takes to get you and your generation riled up then I have my work cut out for me.

Sirom, on the other hand, seemed to pay the changing circumstances no heed – although Ahirom wondered how much of that was simply for show, surely the man wasn’t that arrogant?

“I know what I need to of the Stel-Natus. You are a people with a long and rich history, with some truly inspirational accomplishments.” Sirom answered bluntly. “But my expertise is of the Stel-Natus of today and all of your collective nations. While some of you have prospered, unfortunately others have failed to live up to the expectations of your fore-fathers.” The Councillor allowed the words to hang for a moment. “Elder of Solumaire, I am fully aware of the weight of my actions. I have just delivered an olive branch to the leadership of Marisaire – and while it may not serve to massage their pride, it is a generous one.” The Akeanian leaned forwards, speaking openly. “Even with the Goddess’ blessing, this document almost never made it passed the council. And there are those, myself included, who believe that Akeanos is getting the worse end of this deal. We are winning the war against Marisaire – and they should stop looking at history books long enough to recognise this fact.”

Ahirom held his breath, wondering if the Councillor had gone mad or really had forgotten that they were standing in the heart of a Stel-Natian capital.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Orisael, Spirae Tempestia

"Those are history books you should have read. If you did, you would have heard of the Pact of the Solecor, the agreement between all Stel-Natus everywhere to heed the call of Solecor, and obey his commands, even long after his death. One of those commands was issued by the Seventh Solecor, the command of unity. Put simply, dominion over the Stel-Natus belongs to the Solecor and Caelum only. Not to any other being." Orisael recited for the three Akeanians, choosing then to stand up and match their gazes with a sharp coldness.

"What you have done is sought to instigate more war. Should this have gotten out amongst the world, every Stel-Natus would be knocking down your gates and sundering your cities. This is not a simple dilemma you have caused me, nor is it a matter of pride, or of past glories as you may think. It is following the will of our god, our leader. What you have done is insult that same god. Something that would not be taken lightly amongst the other councilors. If you were truly sent with a desire of peace, you nearly ruined it with this thinly veiled offense."

Hilaeron & Kylel

Hilaeron watched in veiled horror as the massive beast rose from the depths and bore him down. He brought his staff to bear again, though with the constant rocking of the boat and the shifting, chaotic nature, he lost his balance. The staff flew from his hands, down off the deck and into the watery depths below. And with that, all of Hilaeron's hopes of surviving this seemed to go with it.

He stood up still, however, the words of his now dead god echoing in his mind, reminding him of all he had learned and the promise he made. "I shall serve until my death, and even long after." He stated resolutely, lightning sparking in his hands and his eyes. Though when he went to lash out at the goddess in vain, Kylel grasped onto his arm firmly, his armor gleaming with an unseen light.

He gently pushed a shocked Hilaeron aside as he looked evenly at the monstrous form of Ornara. His golden hair and fiery eyes alight with a power she may find eerily familiar. "Did thee think me truly deceased and so far gone that I couldst not emerge from the abyss and haunt thee for thine betrayal, Ornara?" Kylel spoke, though mixed with that voice was the voice of Caelum. "Will thou test thine will against mine, here, and bring upon us the prophecy that binds all our fates, or will thou begone and hinder me no more henceforth!?" He boomed, as a dark storm hastily formed and beams of fiery sunlight pierced through the clouds. Thundering could be heard overhead, as the will of the dead god echoed around them and matched Ornara's wrath. But within the storm, low and barely discernible, was a song. A chorus that whispered all around the people caught within the tempest conjured by the dead god.

Torisael, Unknown Village

Torisael had been training for several days now, his powers growing, and his body maturing at an unforeseen rate. He was near his early teens now, though his mind did not quite keep up with the rapid change. Still, his power seemed to grow rapidly, and without limit. From manipulating beasts, he went to commanding them and communicating them. From changing the color of fire, he progressed to manipulating and conjuring flames with relative ease. Though he had much further to go yet.

But what bewildered him this day was being awoken by the Voice's insistence. The Star seemed troubled, strained even.
"I must ask upon you a favor." It spoke to the still groggy Toris, though all Toris could manage was a groan of protest.
"I require your strength, for I have little to spare for what I need to do." It replied, ignoring the protest, as Toris rubbed his eyes and tried to manage conscious, cohesive thoughts.
"Why?" Is all he could manage at first, as he slowly woke up.
"I cannot tell you yet. It is part of the prophecy that you are tied to. I need you to trust me." The voice repeated the same excuse that it always used when it wanted to keep secrets from Toris. At this point, he wasn't even irritated by it. He simply yawned and rose up from his bed, trying to maintain his balance.
"What do you need me to do?" He asked.

Following the instructions the Star gave him, Toris stood outside, gazing up at the night sky. While it was day for the Stel-Natus, it was night for him still. Looking up at the stars and the moon, he wondered a bit about what was up there. But the Voice was quick to remind him of what he was there for. He sighed with some regret and then rose one of his hands above him, his palm open and reaching for the sky. Then he crafted the idea, the concept, that the Star slowly showed him and coached him on. It seem to him that he was linking himself to something.

Little did he know, that was closer to the truth than he'd thought. His mind merged with that of another being, or a group, he couldn't remember, and his body seemed to function as a conduit. An energy erupted from the chorus he was thrust into, one wrapped in fire and light, and with others similar in appearance to himself. All were golden eyed, and yellow haired, and whose voices synched with the others in a song Toris did not understand, but felt compelled to join in. The others all looked to him expectantly, hoping, or wishing, that he'd join them.

He didn't understand why he chose to do so. What motivated him to do this. He wouldn't even remember it the next day. But the joy and power that came forth from that moment was that nearing blissful and awe-inspiring to him. And those feelings would stick to him long past the memories of this moment fading away from his mind.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:The soldiers moved silently throughout the trees, patrolling the outskirts of the mighty city. Watching carefully, they lept from one branch to another on their routine. Rhis was a procedure repeated every day in shifts, move around the city in circles for a few hours to watch for anyone approaching the city, then switch with the next shift. Travelers would have to go through them in order to make their way, though they almost always let them in provided they did not fail their test.

Now a new party was coming closer to where the shrouded wraiths hung, their soft footsteps padding softly on the soft jungle dirt. Their leader drew his bow and studied them. His green tunic swayed slightly in the wind as he stood unmoving on a single branch. Then, with a short yell, he signaled for the others to close in. Within an instant they surrounded the entire group, weapons visible and glinting in the sun. Hey apeared like spirits of the forest from the trees, though they did not seem startled., all accept for the one human in the center, who seemed dressed differenly than the rest. He quickly deduced that this was the group the prophets had spoken of, those that had brought that Septiman. The cloaked figure could never be to sure of anything.

"Who are you?"

Akkiva stepped forward. "We are the last of the squadrons sent by the prophet Relmad. We have come to fulfill our holy quest."

The others began circling closer, slowly trapping the group. " I do not believe you. Why have you come? Do you wish to die this day?" The figure sneered.

Akkiva looked to the side slyly. "Let death come, so that it shall be honorable. Whether you give it is of little consequence."

The cloaked figure nodded, then ordered the figures to lower their weapons. She had completed the code she was told upon departure. "I am Ichui. I have been waiting for you." He looked to Perseus. "So you are the one everyone is risking their lives for."

Percy eyed his surroundings with suspicion, especially the man in the cloak, who glared at Percy like he was inferior. Percy stepped forward, shielding Akkiva behind him, and glaring at the robed figure, his blue eyes sparking white. "It was their risk, not my decision"
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:54 pm

The NAR wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:The soldiers moved silently throughout the trees, patrolling the outskirts of the mighty city. Watching carefully, they lept from one branch to another on their routine. Rhis was a procedure repeated every day in shifts, move around the city in circles for a few hours to watch for anyone approaching the city, then switch with the next shift. Travelers would have to go through them in order to make their way, though they almost always let them in provided they did not fail their test.

Now a new party was coming closer to where the shrouded wraiths hung, their soft footsteps padding softly on the soft jungle dirt. Their leader drew his bow and studied them. His green tunic swayed slightly in the wind as he stood unmoving on a single branch. Then, with a short yell, he signaled for the others to close in. Within an instant they surrounded the entire group, weapons visible and glinting in the sun. Hey apeared like spirits of the forest from the trees, though they did not seem startled., all accept for the one human in the center, who seemed dressed differenly than the rest. He quickly deduced that this was the group the prophets had spoken of, those that had brought that Septiman. The cloaked figure could never be to sure of anything.

"Who are you?"

Akkiva stepped forward. "We are the last of the squadrons sent by the prophet Relmad. We have come to fulfill our holy quest."

The others began circling closer, slowly trapping the group. " I do not believe you. Why have you come? Do you wish to die this day?" The figure sneered.

Akkiva looked to the side slyly. "Let death come, so that it shall be honorable. Whether you give it is of little consequence."

The cloaked figure nodded, then ordered the figures to lower their weapons. She had completed the code she was told upon departure. "I am Ichui. I have been waiting for you." He looked to Perseus. "So you are the one everyone is risking their lives for."

Percy eyed his surroundings with suspicion, especially the man in the cloak, who glared at Percy like he was inferior. Percy stepped forward, shielding Akkiva behind him, and glaring at the robed figure, his blue eyes sparking white. "It was their risk, not my decision"

"Coming to the aid of the helpless maiden are we?" His face upturned with a condescending smirk. A couple of the others snickered in a hush. "Typical. Completely and utterly predictable really. Let's hope you live up to expectations. Lives of the Aldrizav are not meant to be wasted, and neither is our time." He turned and snapped his fingers, and at once the new group stood erect, facing the city. "We will escort you into a the city."

As they marched forward, Akkiva leaned over toward Perseus. "You do not need to protect me. I can fend for myself." It was something most people would not understand. Where others would feel honored that someone had stepped up to protect them, an Aldrizav would be offended that their capabilities were being questioned.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The NAR wrote:Percy eyed his surroundings with suspicion, especially the man in the cloak, who glared at Percy like he was inferior. Percy stepped forward, shielding Akkiva behind him, and glaring at the robed figure, his blue eyes sparking white. "It was their risk, not my decision"

"Coming to the aid of the helpless maiden are we?" His face upturned with a condescending smirk. A couple of the others snickered in a hush. "Typical. Completely and utterly predictable really. Let's hope you live up to expectations. Lives of the Aldrizav are not meant to be wasted, and neither is our time." He turned and snapped his fingers, and at once the new group stood erect, facing the city. "We will escort you into a the city."

As they marched forward, Akkiva leaned over toward Perseus. "You do not need to protect me. I can fend for myself." It was something most people would not understand. Where others would feel honored that someone had stepped up to protect them, an Aldrizav would be offended that their capabilities were being questioned.

"I know" whispered Percy. "Its all part of the strategy. What I did made people think you aren't as strong as you really are. So if things go wrong, they'll underestimate you. You'll have the upper hand. Trust me, I know the way the mind works"
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:42 am

Ornara

The monster seemed to recoil, the shaking of the ship immediately stopping. Its face remained as impassive as ever, but the murderous gleam in its eye seemed to vanish. Ornara’s mind reeled in surprise, refusing to believe the impossibility before her. C-Caelum? But he is supposed to be dead! The anger and rage subsided from the Goddess’ thoughts as confusion and a small weight of fear took their place. Her desire from moments ago to crush the fleet, to rend its crews limb from limb, was forgotten as she felt the surge of power emanating from the vessel and witnessed the piercing light barrelling down from the heavens. How was the God of Storms here? And why now of all times?

As the echo of Kylel’s voice resounded through the air, clear over even the thunderous skies, the scene seemed frozen – the great beast paralysed by inaction at the sudden turn of events. The breath of everyone involved was withheld as their fates hang in the balance with the clashing of the Gods’ wills. Slowly, the tentacles began to retreat from the ship, silently returning to the impenetrable depths. The beast itself, however, leaned in close to the Stel-Natians, its eyes locked onto the vessel of Caelum’s will. Its pitiless eyes bore down upon the man, before a voice entered into the minds of all those present. It was evidently coming from the terrifying beast, even though its mouth never moved, and the tone was unlike any that the crew would have expected from such an abomination.

Very well. The voice was that of a young woman, smooth and laced with silk – one that would have not looked out of place coming from a fair maiden rather than a terror of the deep. Ornara ceded defeat, unwilling to contest Caelum’s power. Yet her eyes never once left his in a show of defiance. But should your mortals dare to commit such a reprehensible act against my people upon my own domain – then not even you will be able to repent for their crimes. The overt threat and the promise of suffering uttered in such a soothing voice sent chills down the spines of the crew – but not once did the Goddess even deign to address the mortals. Without a backwards glance, Ornara turned from the vessel and dove back into the oceans – the fury of the oceans retreating with her.

Spirae Tempestia

Sirom seemed unconvinced of the Councillor’s words. “The Solecor or Caelum alone? Sounds rather hypocritical considering that at this very moment a council consisting of neither reigns supreme over your people.” The politician waved his hand dismissively. “But I am not here to question your system of governance – it matters little to me.” Sirom paused for a moment before sighing. “Very well, I shall humour you. What are your people willing to bring to this table?”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:49 am

Mirayeset, the goddess of the ocean, sat surrounded by her domain. It was a place she scarcely visited, these depths of the sea, but it was nice to finally be alone. Down here, there was no conflict. No mortals to be slaughtered, no gods to monitor, nobody to betray her, but simply the darkness of the ocean and the occasional fish. Mirayeset sat in her small bubble, a dungeon by its own right. It was not a dungeon truly, she could break it at any time, but this swirled sphere of oceanic design was instead a manifestation of her feelings come loose. She felt like a prisoner being tortured, and so a prison and chains were built for her. She felt alone, and her bubble felt the perfect place to be exactly that. The isolation was simply perfect for the goddess to mope about her seemingly collapsed life.

In these depths, Mirayeset displayed an odd silence. She felt like weeping, and she was, but an unnerving silence befell her as she went into thought about, well, everything. A dead king, a traitorous sister, thousands of mortals killed at a whim, and herself on the list of those damned to be slaughtered under false pretense by a deranged lawkeeper. This all should be infuriating, maddening. Mirayeset should be leaping from her bubble and taking action, like she is expected to. She is the goddess of serenity, and keeping balance and peace is her entire meaning. She has no time to wallow, and yet despite this she does. She seemingly abandoned her duties to do so. This is, in total, a circumstance derived from the fact that, as despite her prestige among the gods, her time with Caelum stretching back ever so far, within the bubble she displayed a property rarely seen in gods. Mirayeset did not jump into action because, in this isolation, she was no goddess, but instead a sad, scared little girl hoping it will all go away.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:55 am

Lodav was troubled once again. How quickly things had dissolved into chaos. It was maddening really, how little people seemed to regard the notion of common sense and reason. How much could he really do for his world if it acted in such a way? How could he be its leader, it's salvation, if it rejected him at every stage? Petty things were what made this world what it was. It was from those petty things that he must rise. And yet here he was, squabbling amongst the other gods as if he were no better than a child. He wrestled with these feelings within his silent meditation chamber, the hall of reflection.

How much more can I take? The darkness inside of him bubbled up inside of him once again, and he quickly suppressed it with a mental nudge. Why can't it just kill me and get it over with? But it wouldn't. He knew that, sadly, it didn't work that way for him. There was no end to his suffering. A new thought came into his head, one that surprised himself. Maybe he should... No. Do not disturb him.. And yet he needed help, help that he only knew one person could give.

As he entered the hidden cavern, he paused cautiously. The hall of infinity. He briefly considered turning back. He had never seen his master without being summoned. Would he be upset? I have to try. Lodav decided. Then he went before the alter, and knelt. Master, my lord, I am humbled by your presence. By your glorious self. If I am not stepping from my place, I wish... I wish to speak with you. I need your guidance. I feel so alone... he waited for several minutes, he opened his mind toward the gateway ahead, hoping to feel the familiar tug of his realm. Nothing happened. Sighing, Lodav turned to leave. Then felt a presence behind him. He looked, and saw that he was in the realm beyond creation. The beautiful point of lighht shown into the darkness.

You came. The Voice cooed.

Lodav smiled, then quickly bowed his head. " I am sorry to disturb you. I have no right... It just..."

You always feel as if you must explain yourself. As if I may be disappointed at your pain. You need not fear me. I understand. You have proven your trust in me by your faith that I would reach to you, even though I did not ask for you. Tell me what has brought you to me.

Lodav licked his lips anxiously. " The corruption that is left in me. It has gotten worse. I can barely fight it. Every day it grows closer to my will, seeking to break me. I have fought on, but it's just... So hard. I am hurting... More than I ever have. The pain... The fear... I Can't..." A single tear welled up in his face.

A smooth white tendril of light slipped toward Lodav. It brushed the tear softly and held it in its warmth. Here now, what is this? The Voice asked in a sympathetic tone. "There there. It is alright child. Do not cry, for I am here with you. I am here." A gentle feeling washed over Lodav, comforting him in a caring embrace.

Lodav but his upper lip, then looked up with sad yet hopeful eyes. "What must I do? I cannot keep doing this. I can't keep living this way. So alone... You are the only truth I know."

The voice glowed brighter, then echoed forth in mysterious verse. The strength of a dragon can be humbled by the beauty of a dove. For the sea does not wash away the earth in a day. Through perseverance it prevails. Learn from these things, and seek their wisdom.

Lodav nodded, though was still upset inside. He wished his master was not always so cryptic. Nevertheless, he thanked him. " Thank you my lord. I will remember your words." With that, he descended into the realm of creation. He sat at the edge of the alter for some time in introspection. What did it mean? His masters words always contained some form of hidden meaning. The dragon was humbled by the beauty of a dove. Where can I find a good dragon? Is that where I'm supposed to go? I doubt that would help,. And what did the sea and the earth have to do with it? Maybe there was a spot in the sea where there is a dove and a dragon they are... Lodav rolled his eyes. Im taking this to literally aren't I? He thought about the dove. It was a symbol for many things in different cultures. Goodwill, prosperity, peace... Peace.. Seek wisdom from peace. Well that would be helpful, having some peace. And the sea is a symbol for.... Lodav stopped. The sea and peace. It made perfect sense now.

I guess that makes sense in context, but that can't be right. Why would I do that? Lodav stood. "Well, it's better than nothing." Lodav mumbled "Might as well follow his words." Lodav shot down the chamber in a bolt of light. The lift rocketed from his realm and into the sky. For a while he searched over the great blue expanse of the seas. He hoped she would be easy to find. it would be a lot simpler that way. Eventually he felt her presence below a certain area of water. He dove down underneath the waves, sending up a spray of steam. He could see her ahead, slowly coming into veiw. He warily floated down about ten yards away. He did not know what to say, for he did not visit her often, much less ask her anything like he was about to. "Mirayeset... Hi." Lodav stumbled awkwardly.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:23 am

Kaoiluja wrote:
Lodav nodded, though was still upset inside. He wished his master was not always so cryptic. Nevertheless, he thanked him. " Thank you my lord. I will remember your words." With that, he descended into the realm of creation. He sat at the edge of the alter for some time in introspection. What did it mean? His masters words always contained some form of hidden meaning. The dragon was humbled by the beauty of a dove. Where can I find a good dragon? Is that where I'm supposed to go? I doubt that would help,. And what did the sea and the earth have to do with it? Maybe there was a spot in the sea where there is a dove and a dragon they are... Lodav rolled his eyes. Im taking this to literally aren't I? He thought about the dove. It was a symbol for many things in different cultures. Goodwill, prosperity, peace... Peace.. Seek wisdom from peace. Well that would be helpful, having some peace. And the sea is a symbol for.... Lodav stopped. The sea and peace. It made perfect sense now.

I guess that makes sense in context, but that can't be right. Why would I do that? Lodav stood. "Well, it's better than nothing." Lodav mumbled "Might as well follow his words." Lodav shot down the chamber in a bolt of light. The lift rocketed from his realm and into the sky. For a while he searched over the great blue expanse of the seas. He hoped she would be easy to find. it would be a lot simpler that way. Eventually he felt her presence below a certain area of water. He dove down underneath the waves, sending up a spray of steam. He could see her ahead, slowly coming into veiw. He warily floated down about ten yards away. He did not know what to say, for he did not visit her often, much less ask her anything like he was about to. "Mirayeset... Hi." Lodav stumbled awkwardly.

The goddess, reduced to this form from what had once been a near regal appearance, sat alone still. From ten yards, one might not have noticed her troubled condition. She seemed to simply sit in a bubble. It was mysterious that she would be this far down, a region she almost never ventured to, and that she would be here of all places rather than fixing a problem or being in her palace. She found her palace enjoyable, after all. Most people did, but to her it was a very comfortable home to return to whenever she pleased. It was, however, only when Lodav spoke that any sort of attention was gifted to him, and it was mostly certainly not positive.

The goddess darted her gaze to him with a fearful, pained expression. "Go away!" she shouted with a faltering voice, following up with a strong oceanic burst to forcibly shove Lodav from her position. The current did not hurt, though it was strong, and it could be noted that she had no intention to cause any harm. Even still, the frightened form stayed huddled in her unusual air pocket under the sea. After the forceful current, she did not make another move. She simply looked with her betrayed eyes, and then looked away, seeming ashamed as to not only what she had just done, but also to be in the presence of another god. In her current state especially, she felt utter embarrassment, as this form was entirely contrary to her usual sweet, calm, and warm nature. Now, instead, she was weak, cold, and wavering. Even still, she made no apology, nor did she make another attempt. She seemed almost stunned, but she would quickly resume her pitiful silence.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:32 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

The goddess, reduced to this form from what had once been a near regal appearance, sat alone still. From ten yards, one might not have noticed her troubled condition. She seemed to simply sit in a bubble. It was mysterious that she would be this far down, a region she almost never ventured to, and that she would be here of all places rather than fixing a problem or being in her palace. She found her palace enjoyable, after all. Most people did, but to her it was a very comfortable home to return to whenever she pleased. It was, however, only when Lodav spoke that any sort of attention was gifted to him, and it was mostly certainly not positive.

The goddess darted her gaze to him with a fearful, pained expression. "Go away!" she shouted with a faltering voice, following up with a strong oceanic burst to forcibly shove Lodav from her position. The current did not hurt, though it was strong, and it could be noted that she had no intention to cause any harm. Even still, the frightened form stayed huddled in her unusual air pocket under the sea. After the forceful current, she did not make another move. She simply looked with her betrayed eyes, and then looked away, seeming ashamed as to not only what she had just done, but also to be in the presence of another god. In her current state especially, she felt utter embarrassment, as this form was entirely contrary to her usual sweet, calm, and warm nature. Now, instead, she was weak, cold, and wavering. Even still, she made no apology, nor did she make another attempt. She seemed almost stunned, but she would quickly resume her pitiful silence.

Lodav steadied himself in the wake of her push. Like a man who had caught himself from falling off a cliff, He was starled at first. It was not like her to resort to any form of violence, even one as tiny as this little retaliation had been. For a moment Lodav forgot about his own problems and worries, wondering what could possibly make her look so frail. "Mirayeset..." Lodav floated closer to her. He moved to put his hand on her shoulder, but stopped himself. She did not seem to be in the mood for such things. "What is wrong? Are you hurt?"

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Vardaelia had long slumbered, recovering her power. And now it was time for her to return. Her eyes snapped open, and slowly she rose, rising from the very heart of the Earth, her greatest sanctuary, to the surface. The earth opened and she came out, Her essence and power humming around her. Vardaelia had returned, and the earth loosed its joy. Flowers bloomed, wolves howled, harvested plants gave forth crops beautiful and bountiful. The Chief Goddess was back, and she would have words with Selena. She stretched forth her hand, and out of the Earth came a greatsword, covered in vines, made from the strongest and most powerful metals of the Earth, obsidian, steel and iron. The hilt was green wood, it too hummed with her power. And then, she arrayed herself in armor, not earthen mud, as some would have supposed, nay, but true armor that would stop all earthly weapons, and many divine ones too. She thrust her greatsword towards the distant moon, a threat, a fulfillment of a promise, green eyes blazing. And then, she vanished in a green light, preparing her assault upon the moon and its goddess in her domain.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Lodav steadied himself in the wake of her push. Like a man who had caught himself from falling off a cliff, He was starled at first. It was not like her to resort to any form of violence, even one as tiny as this little retaliation had been. For a moment Lodav forgot about his own problems and worries, wondering what could possibly make her look so frail. "Mirayeset..." Lodav floated closer to her. He moved to put his hand on her shoulder, but stopped himself. She did not seem to be in the mood for such things. "What is wrong? Are you hurt?"

She seemed to cringe at hearing the voice again. Lodav was persistent, it seemed. She sighed, building up the nerve to so much as speak the smallest word, before she gave her answer. "I...I can't do this anymore" she spoke with a wavering voice, "I just can't. Caelum is dead, the Dark Pantheon threatens what little stability if left, Selena has gone into rebellion, Syeli has gone mad and I am apparently on her list of the damned, and now..." she spoke this all somewhat quickly, getting a bit choked up at the end, "Now Ornara has killed so many....and she hates me."

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:50 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

She seemed to cringe at hearing the voice again. Lodav was persistent, it seemed. She sighed, building up the nerve to so much as speak the smallest word, before she gave her answer. "I...I can't do this anymore" she spoke with a wavering voice, "I just can't. Caelum is dead, the Dark Pantheon threatens what little stability if left, Selena has gone into rebellion, Syeli has gone mad and I am apparently on her list of the damned, and now..." she spoke this all somewhat quickly, getting a bit choked up at the end, "Now Ornara has killed so many....and she hates me."

Lodav opened his mouth to speak, but halted. He realized that he had absolutely no idea what to say. The emotional pain Mirayeset was experiencing was obviously of an astronomical amount. Lodav bit his lip. " I... Am not good with these things." Lodav looked down in embarrassed shame. "I am a warrior. I fight for order and do not think beyond anything else. " Lodav looked to the dark ocean waters. A small fish swam by quietly in a lethargic dance. How petty and weak this creature was, and yet how much he would give to be in its place. He might give up all he had just to let the weight of responsibility be lifted from his shoulders, if for but a moment. To be free to choose you own destiny, to live a life with a little bit of consideration for yourself instead of constantly being at the care of others, and to die knowing you lived well and true. To be content, if for but a whisper of a passing second.

"They don't listen do they? They sit and bicker over their pride and dignity when their is neither something to be proud of nor a demonstration of dignity present. And here I am, having acted no better than a single one of them." Lodav considered for a moment. Then he remembered something he was told long ago. Something his father and master had told him. "A wise man once told me that the weight of the sky is to be bared upon those who rise above it. By those willing to climb the highest mountain and hold it in place, in spite of the winds that blow them down or the heat that beats upon their shoulders. When the storms come, they shall feel it's wrath. But when the sun shines, they will see from their mountain the beauty of the world not witnessed by any other." Bending over, Lodav looked into the deep, tearful eyes of Mirayeset. " I guess the storms are here. What can we do but await its end?"

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Lodav opened his mouth to speak, but halted. He realized that he had absolutely no idea what to say. The emotional pain Mirayeset was experiencing was obviously of an astronomical amount. Lodav bit his lip. " I... Am not good with these things." Lodav looked down in embarrassed shame. "I am a warrior. I fight for order and do not think beyond anything else. " Lodav looked to the dark ocean waters. A small fish swam by quietly in a lethargic dance. How petty and weak this creature was, and yet how much he would give to be in its place. He might give up all he had just to let the weight of responsibility be lifted from his shoulders, if for but a moment. To be free to choose you own destiny, to live a life with a little bit of consideration for yourself instead of constantly being at the care of others, and to die knowing you lived well and true. To be content, if for but a whisper of a passing second.

"They don't listen do they? They sit and bicker over their pride and dignity when their is neither something to be proud of nor a demonstration of dignity present. And here I am, having acted no better than a single one of them." Lodav considered for a moment. Then he remembered something he was told long ago. Something his father and master had told him. "A wise man once told me that the weight of the sky is to be bared upon those who rise above it. By those willing to climb the highest mountain and hold it in place, in spite of the winds that blow them down or the heat that beats upon their shoulders. When the storms come, they shall feel it's wrath. But when the sun shines, they will see from their mountain the beauty of the world not witnessed by any other." Bending over, Lodav looked into the deep, tearful eyes of Mirayeset. " I guess the storms are here. What can we do but await its end?"

The light analogy between current times and a storm, the mountain in the middle of it all, might've seemed lost to the goddess had her reply not clarified. "That is what I fully intend to do.....down here." was her comeback, and it was true. She was, for once, simply sitting by, waiting for all the pain and troubles to just go away. As she had already said, she was done. She simply could not take it all anymore, everything that had happened in less than a week, it was all simply too much for her. With that quick response, she turned back to her silence, perhaps waiting for a reply from Lodav, but also perhaps wishing he'd go away. It was unclear to them both.

That one fish in particular left rather quickly, leaving the ocean devoid of light and life except the two deities discussing the troubles of the world. It could then be seen why Mirayeset had chosen this place for her isolation. It was dark, having very little light except for the most distant of faint twinkles from the creatures of the deep seas. It was quiet, and in her bubble especially since the water did not penetrate in any form, thus even the ambient bubbling or the muffled sound of an underwater current did not reach her ears. No life, no light, no sound, this seemed the perfect spot for Mirayeset to fuel her depression.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

The light analogy between current times and a storm, the mountain in the middle of it all, might've seemed lost to the goddess had her reply not clarified. "That is what I fully intend to do.....down here." was her comeback, and it was true. She was, for once, simply sitting by, waiting for all the pain and troubles to just go away. As she had already said, she was done. She simply could not take it all anymore, everything that had happened in less than a week, it was all simply too much for her. With that quick response, she turned back to her silence, perhaps waiting for a reply from Lodav, but also perhaps wishing he'd go away. It was unclear to them both.

That one fish in particular left rather quickly, leaving the ocean devoid of light and life except the two deities discussing the troubles of the world. It could then be seen why Mirayeset had chosen this place for her isolation. It was dark, having very little light except for the most distant of faint twinkles from the creatures of the deep seas. It was quiet, and in her bubble especially since the water did not penetrate in any form, thus even the ambient bubbling or the muffled sound of an underwater current did not reach her ears. No life, no light, no sound, this seemed the perfect spot for Mirayeset to fuel her depression.

Lodav ached inside with grief. He pained for the goddess so. She had given to into despair, and there was little he could do. He could not make Her leave for the rest of the world, that was her choice. He wanted to, but he couldn't. After a moment he remembered why he had come. "I need your help with something. Not anything major, i mean... It isn't a huge task. There is something wrong... With me. I think you may be the only one who can help."

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

Lodav ached inside with grief. He pained for the goddess so. She had given to into despair, and there was little he could do. He could not make Her leave for the rest of the world, that was her choice. He wanted to, but he couldn't. After a moment he remembered why he had come. "I need your help with something. Not anything major, i mean... It isn't a huge task. There is something wrong... With me. I think you may be the only one who can help."

She looked to him, "I...suppose I can give it a try. What's the issue?" she questioned, trying to keep herself calm enough to actually think on this. She was most certainly not in the proper mood nor the proper condition to answer the qualms of other gods, but her own nature would not let her reject this. Even if she did not want to do this, she felt that she had to, and she would put aside her petty emotions, even if for just a moment, to lend what assistance she could.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Stana had a look of displeasure on his face as he sat on the island after failing to destroy the last monster."Damn him, damn him" said Stana to himself "That monster will only spread chaos now because i failed to take him down. What can i do now?". A ghostly white figure then wondered out from the thick trees near Stana and spoke "The benevolent one gives cries of frustrations over a uncompleted task". The figure walked closer to Stana eventually sitting down on the ground a few feet away from him.

"yes Sygara, a uncompleted task that will cause suffering to many now. I have no clue as to my next move" replied Stana to the ghost. "I would suggest going to see your mother in ti.." spoke the ghost before being cut off by Stana. "you know well enough that my mother has left this existence" shot Stana with uncharacteristic venom. Sygara raised his eyebrow before continuing "I know that well enough and was going to say that she is no longer here so you should consult flames instead".

"the flames are my existence Sygara. You think i have not yet looked for a answer in them. My mother gone, the flames unknowing, there is no answer for me" said Stana woefully. "look not in the flames old friend but at the flame itself." replied Sygara before fading away. Stana's eyes snapped open in realization and Stana immediately left the isalnd for his domain.

He would arrive next to the hearth and immediately he stuck his hands in the hearth, pulling flames from it and shaping them into the figure of a man. The figure would stand 6 feet tall and stana spoke unto it "Life is yours my servant. I give thee the name, Hesti, the first of the Hesti kind. You will be my protectors of earth. the protectors against mine enemies.". Once Stana finished speaking, the flame figure started to move and began to kneel saying "master"
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 am

Ornara

As the morning Sun rose above the Aracian city-states, its warming rays fell upon the familiar landscape. The collective of independent polities functioned almost like a microcosm of a separate land, isolated from the rest of the continent by the ocean expanse to the east and the Great Forest to the west. The city-states had developed into a mixture of thriving cultures and societies hardly seen beyond their borders, each with their own unique history and beliefs. It was said that in a journey along the coast of Aracia, one saw more than in the entirety of the Empire itself. But today, as the world awoke to the call of its parental star, the stretch of coast was uniform in its destruction.

Trees torn from their roots mingled with cobblestone and shattered structures in a great blight visible form high above. The wave had torn a dark scar into the flesh of the land as it had struck in the night, rending apart anything in its path before its energy was finally dissipated by the Earth. In the darkness, when much of the populace had been sleeping, the rage of the oceans had been unleashed. Years later, the immense crash of the breaking of the wave would haunt and traumatise the survivors, as they tried to pick up their shattered lives and broken families.

Zrixith whistled in Ornara’s mind at the sight of the devastation, breaking the silence that had reined as the pair floated invisibly above the coast.
You really went all out didn’t you? This must have been a slaughter, I can’t even imagine how long it’ll take the mortals to recover. She sounded impressed at what her companion had wrought in her anger. You’ve been holding out on me!

Ornara’s eyes darted away from the consequences of her actions, her mind lost in turmoil. Had she really done this? Yes, she remembered it: the anger, the sadness she had felt upon finding her mutilated children. She had wanted those responsible to suffer and had simply acted on instinct without thinking. Zrixith’s initial glee at the display of power was slowly subsiding as she realised that Ornara was hardly sharing in her sense of triumph.

“I – I didn’t mean for this to happen, Zrixith.” Ornara’s voice was weak, as if she wanted to make herself small and unseen while shying away from the sight before her. “But, I was just so angry…”

Come now, I was there. Zrixith noticed Ornara wince and decided that perhaps a different tact was required. They killed your children, butchered them like babes in the cradle. Even after you had pledged that they would be safe in your arms, remember that? Ornara didn’t answer, but Zrixith could sense her acknowledgement. It was they who forced your hand and sealed their own fate.

“I know. But I had only meant for the city that had sent the fleet to be struck! Not the whole coast.”

Zrixith paused. She hadn’t really considered that. But now that the issue had been raised, Zrixith had to admit that the attack had been a little unrefined for her tastes.

It was unfortunate, but unavoidable. Zrixith stated bluntly. Although the guilty were punished. All’s-well-that-end’s-well, no?

Ornara shifted. “I – I know, it’s not that. A single Akeanian is worth more than a hundred of them after all.” Zrixith rose a metaphorical eyebrow in surprise. “It’s just – “ Ornara paused. With a sudden effort and determination, she forced the weight on her chest into words – expressing her fear. “What will Hahvulon think?”

Zrixith had been preparing a litany of comforting encouragement for her companion, hopeful in her ability to improve her mood. Yet when Ornara spoke, the gears of Zrixith’s mind suddenly ground to a halt. Of everything that Ornara could have said, this had been the last that Zrixith had been expecting.

Eh?

Either ignoring or unaware of Zrixith’s mental seizure, Ornara continued – feeling something of a relief at having it off of her chest. “He’s always talking about his desire for peace, even between the two pantheons.” She mused, “All this death and destruction, I don’t know if he’ll approve. But if I could explain it to him, then I’m sure he’ll understand.” Ornara groaned, “I just don’t know the right way to do it. What do you think?”

Zrixith’s mind was still steadily processing what had just occurred. But slowly a rising tide of anger forced its way up her throat. What do I think?! Ornara was taken aback by the fury in the voice. Of everything – everything – that has occurred, this is what you choose to weigh upon your conscience? Zrixith was stunned by disbelief, how could Ornara be so immature! Did you perhaps forget our encounter with Caelum? Or the strength of that mortal of his? Or that the Stel-Natians are quite clearly receiving outside assistance? But of course that all pales in comparison to the opinion of your precious Hahvulon. Oh, how selfish of I to neglect such an issue of such import. Zrixith’s voice was laced with sarcasm, and Ornara responded defensively.

“He’s the King of a Pantheon, remember?” She immediately regretted her words and their childish undertones.

Zrixith scoffed. Oh please, King in name only. That coward was gifted the powers of a Pantheon and has accomplished nothing more but to promise to help maintain the status quo. I’m amazed that anyone could be so willing to extend their subservience.

“Take that back, Zrixith – you know that Hahvulon didn’t have any choice. The alternative was a war which we could not win, you said as much yourself.” Ornara felt a rising bile in her throat, her own anger starting to challenge that of Zrixith as the pair locked horns. “And he actually cares and listens to us, it isn’t all about power.”

The voice was in no mood to be corrected or disproven. Zrixith laughed, her tone venomous and meant to hurt. Oh please, don’t be so naïve. What right do you have to even think of yourself occupying such a place in his eyes, hmm?

Ornara recoiled from the words. “What do you mean?” A string of self-doubt had inserted itself into her voice.

Sensing the upper-hand, Zrixith pressed her advantage. There’s no use playing dumb, I’m in your head remember? The Goddess felt that victory was at hand as she prepared a coup d’état. You and I both know that Hahvulon has eyes only for one.

Ornara’s heart writhed, the fight quickly fleeing from her body. “You – you don’t know that, Zrixith.”

Once again the voice laughed. Can you really be that blind? The Goddess of Love and Beauty and the self-centred, rash little girl – was there ever any contest? Zrixith immediately regretted her words as Ornara reacted as if she had been punched. But she was still too angry to apologise or rescind the statement. After all, it was true and Ornara would have had to come to terms with it sooner or later. But she quickly felt the fire that had fuelled their argument dying. Ornara’s mouth opened to contest, but she couldn’t think of the words. She remembered the way that Hahvulon had gazed at Brynja, her envy at seeing that look, and how he had seemed determined to avoid talking about the Goddess’ role in the formation of the Dark Pantheon. Zrixith was right, of course.

The voice sighed, deciding that it was best for her companion not to dwell on the subject. We have much more pressing issues to deal with, in any case. A cloud of smoke billowing on the horizon had caught her attention. Initially she had thought it the result of Ornara’s tantrum, but it was much too far inland and she found herself curious.

“Yes, of course.” Ornara’s response was pained, and Zrixith felt another pang of regret – perhaps it had been too early for the girl. She had always been the more emotional of the pair, after all. Ornara shut her eyes, forcing her mind to clear. Zrixith was right, the Akeanians were in grave danger – she couldn’t waste her time feeling sorry for herself. And with that thought, Ornara began to make her way to investigate the source of the Chaos afflicting the Aracians.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:42 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

She looked to him, "I...suppose I can give it a try. What's the issue?" she questioned, trying to keep herself calm enough to actually think on this. She was most certainly not in the proper mood nor the proper condition to answer the qualms of other gods, but her own nature would not let her reject this. Even if she did not want to do this, she felt that she had to, and she would put aside her petty emotions, even if for just a moment, to lend what assistance she could.

"It's hard to explain. It's like...um.... How do I say this? I have a... Thing. Inside me. You saw how I have been acting lately with the bursts of anger and recklessness. There is something... Well, I had better just show you." He reached for Mirayeset hand slowly as she looked at him confused. He guided it upward toward his head and placed it gently upon his temple. Lodav closed his eyes, and with a sigh opened his mind to her.

Light shine forth into Mirayesets mind, his essence being seen on its fundamental level. It was beautiful, flowing forth in glorious Archs of luminescence. Every fiber of his being hummed in a symphony of the purist order and goodness. But then, as one looked further, they could see a small smudge on the fiber of light that contaminated it's splendor. The dark black splotch gave way into another, and another, until it was everywhere. Swaths of dark oily blackness that hissed and moaned. It engulfed a section light with a snarl, but an arch of lighht vaporized it once again. The darkness kept multiplying and fighting to gain the upper hand, but the light kept it from escaping. Inside of Lodav raged a war between himself and an entity more vile than anything ever seen. A battle waged forth more brutal than any ever faced, one that wrought more pain and destruction than any other, and Lodavs mind was its battle field, scarred and torn in ways no one could ever know.

Lodav withdrew wih a thought. He did not wish to scare her, though it was doubtful that he wouldn't. He had not even shown her the worst of it, but this was all she needed to see. This was all he wanted anyone to ever see if his dark side.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Asterdan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 am

Hahvulon sighed as thought over the events that had occurred recently. The death of his father, the creature that led to the creation of the Dark Pantheon, the attack on the Janna. Hahvulon had returned to his elven form, resting his head in his hands. He was sitting on a cliff, overlooking the sea, unsure of what to do. Someone was attacking Ornara's people, and there were Gods joining in the fight against her. Chaos was reining and Syeli was plotting.

Hahvulon looked over the horizon, his eyes blazing red. His hair turned white and his teeth grew like those of a vampire. It was time. The Elders were no longer fit to rule. Perhaps the Dark Ones were on to something.

"Ornara!" he called, turning into his Godly form and traveling for her.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:43 am

The NAR wrote:
Kaoiluja wrote:

"I know" whispered Percy. "Its all part of the strategy. What I did made people think you aren't as strong as you really are. So if things go wrong, they'll underestimate you. You'll have the upper hand. Trust me, I know the way the mind works"

"These are my people. You need not fear them. Honestly, they practically hugged you and carried you in on their shoulders compared to how they treat others." She looked at him sternly. "Do not take these things lightly. They will be watching your every move. A warriors trust is something you must earn, and pulling out a few fighting tricks or even saving their life does not make you worthy of it. Don't take is personally though. This is just how it works."

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:05 am

Kaoiluja wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

"It's hard to explain. It's like...um.... How do I say this? I have a... Thing. Inside me. You saw how I have been acting lately with the bursts of anger and recklessness. There is something... Well, I had better just show you." He reached for Mirayeset hand slowly as she looked at him confused. He guided it upward toward his head and placed it gently upon his temple. Lodav closed his eyes, and with a sigh opened his mind to her.

Light shine forth into Mirayesets mind, his essence being seen on its fundamental level. It was beautiful, flowing forth in glorious Archs of luminescence. Every fiber of his being hummed in a symphony of the purist order and goodness. But then, as one looked further, they could see a small smudge on the fiber of light that contaminated it's splendor. The dark black splotch gave way into another, and another, until it was everywhere. Swaths of dark oily blackness that hissed and moaned. It engulfed a section light with a snarl, but an arch of lighht vaporized it once again. The darkness kept multiplying and fighting to gain the upper hand, but the light kept it from escaping. Inside of Lodav raged a war between himself and an entity more vile than anything ever seen. A battle waged forth more brutal than any ever faced, one that wrought more pain and destruction than any other, and Lodavs mind was its battle field, scarred and torn in ways no one could ever know.

Lodav withdrew wih a thought. He did not wish to scare her, though it was doubtful that he wouldn't. He had not even shown her the worst of it, but this was all she needed to see. This was all he wanted anyone to ever see if his dark side.

Once it was over, Mirayeset quickly drew her hand back into her bubble, removing the seawater from her glove to dry it and placing the water back outside of the bubble. She then closed her eyes, which still appeared in despair, and thought for a moment with what ability she could muster. "This is.....unusual. Difficult." She sighed, "L-look, I can't think right now..." she opened her eyes and looked to him, "You are free, as you always have been, to use my realm's resources to relax all you need, but....I just...I can't..." and with that her eyes began to water once more, which she so cleverly hid by burying her face in her knees and attempting to remain and silent as she could. It was degrading and embarrassing to be seen like this, and the depression which she suffered made it no better. This, perhaps, was why she had such an initial violent reaction, because she felt she wanted to be alone. Despite the desire for loneliness, she could not help but nonetheless feel better, even if the smallest bit, by not being isolated. She would not let it off, though. She simply hoped that the problems would be resolved on their own.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse