NATION

PASSWORD

A New World: (Post Apocalyptic RP) (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should the IC characters besides the Mayor and Jonah have any bearing in this RP?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 8

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

A New World: (Post Apocalyptic RP) (OOC/Signups)

Postby Alouite » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:12 pm

The New World

It was a calm peaceful yet unusual day in Jericho, Kansas and it was going to go to hell. A new family from D.C. moved into town. Mayor Johnston Green had a successful re-election a year back. Sheriff Carl Lockley hasn't seen a murder in his career. Jonah Prowse, the town gang leader had a bunch of bandits that occasionally would conduct robberies along Route 70's many cities. The closest town with a Costco and Home Depot was Glen Bern, a few miles down 70 towards Junction City. A man, son of the mayor, and after five years of secretive service in Ravenwood Private Military Corps over in Iraq and Afghanistan, returned home with no intent to share his experiences overseas and set out for San Diego. Though it was a bit strange, the slow, tired town could handle it. But soon something far more sinister was about to happen. It was September 15th, 2014 when it would happen. Across America the biggest terrorist attack in history would occur. And it would wipe out millions and counting for time to come. America would see its hardest test. A Trial by Fire.

You are a citizen of Jericho. Whether a farmer, a lawyer, a shopkeeper, a policemen or a day to day laborer you live here and will see the biggest change that a small Kansas town could see. Jericho is heavily armed with guns, however, hardly any residents are war veterans, something that helped Mayor Green win his election. Bailey's Tavern, the only pub in town located on main street is where you go for each football season and as a nice friendly hearted pub, families are welcome for dinner. The Mayors office is in the large town hall along with the sheriffs office. The Medical Center is on the other side of the central part of town. You live either in the Center of the town, the outskirts, or are a farmer. The biggest farm in the city owned by Stanley Richmond helps provide local food to the town and a salt mine which supplies it and Glen Bern with salt while exporting across the county. Several farmhouses run on generators but others don't and the wide majority couldn't last for more than a week or so without a decent refill.

The Mayor Johnston Green is the long time mayor of Jericho, he is not affiliated with any political party and though is conservative at heart does not allow it to corrupt his politics as mayor. He looks out for the town, allowing it to thrive with its small 4,700 person population. He served in the Vietnamese War as a US Army Ranger Sergeant and is a brave, generous and kind man. He works with Sheriff Lockley who is a bit more conservative but has kept the peace for his ten years as sheriff. The Jericho Police are well armed and supplied thanks to low crime rates in a conservative county which continuously resupplies police stations with ammunition regardless of the crime rate. The deputies are very loyal and as they live in the city, they try to look out for it. However, with what's coming their way, everythings about to get complicated.
To say war never changes is wrong, the reasons we use never change, but what means we have of doing it will forever worsen.

Realism and Rules
-No Metagaming god damnit! You don't know whats going on out there unless someone tells you!
-No Godmodding either. Thats just uncool and a sloppy reason to have to be kicked from the rp.
-Radiation, Starvation, Thirst, Disease and yes People can kill you. This isn't Hollywood, you're not invincible.
-No Hollywood Guns, this applies to having to reload and have set ammunition. No one gets military grade weapons unless I say so. And don't ask for it at the start, then you won't ever get it.
-Phobias Oh My! Yes, be scared, when you see mushroom cloud it isn't the time for a celebration.
-No psycho killing. No psychopath characters, this is a small town with no murder rate in forty years. You can kill people, but not randomly, after all, these are the neighbors you've known all your life.
-Gangs don't exist in this town. The only 'Gang' is Jonas Prowses group, they are ruthless and will be more so when the bombs hit, but unless you're with him, you're not a gang member. And yes, he doesn't have AK's and M4A1's at his disposal.
-Guns. Guns. Yes you all get to have guns. But no one gets a military grade weapon, and most of you only get hunting rifles, shotguns and various pistols (particularly glocks).
-If you become a police officer. Realize the access to M16's and Grenades are not for your to abuse.
-Family out of town? Sorry they're not coming back for a while. The nation itself's gonna be on the brink of survival.
-Have fun or I'll kick you from the rp. Got it? :p

Town Map

The Great Application
Name: (Easy enough)
Ethnicity: (Hispanic, Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian, East Prussian [Genetically, not politically or culturally])
Culture: (American[like from the US] or Hispanic [Family from Latin Nations can do this for you])
Appearance: (Picture would suffice)
Personal Views: (On the city)
Occupation: (Farmer, Police Officer [deputy], Doctor, Salt Miner, Shopkeeper, Mayor's assistant, etc.)
Weapons: (You may all have a gun or two. Especially Police and Farmers who can have three)
Bio: (Paragraph or more)
Housing Location: (Use the map for reference)
Does your house have basement?:
How many rooms are in your house?:
Vehicle: (No sports cars allowed. Pickups, Compact Cars, SUV's and maybe Muscle cars. Luxury 70's and 80's cars allowed if you want an '83 Cadillac :p )
Questions + Concerns:
-101- KEEP ON FOR ME TO FIND APP
Last edited by Alouite on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:13 pm

List of the Accepted:
Alouite: All NPC's and God: Alive
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alouite
Postmaster-General

What we know about the situation:
Absolutely Nothing

Neighboring Settlements of survivors known:

N/A

Key People in power over the town
-Mayor Johnston Green
-Sheriff's department and police
-Jonas's Gang
-The Farming Community
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

RP Physics

Fighting:
(Some of this was already mentioned in the rules)
-No Hollywood Guns, you have a set amount of ammunition and need to reload once a magazine runs out.
-No Invincibility, I will have characters die if their survival is unlikely, I'll only do it rarely and likely with the players consent
-Aim is not perfect for you nor horrible for the enemy, you'll hit as often as someone as good as you.
-Hand to Hand is not an exception, even then I am going to rp the opponent
-You will not coincidentally find a gun or knife next to you to use. Maybe a rock, but reaching for it is using time.

Scavenging:
Simply put, you open a door and ask for what you get in the OOC, I tell you, you rp it in the IC. Don't expect a laser guided missile launcher. You won't get one.

Cussing, Cursing, whatever you Fucking call it:
-Its okay IC, don't abuse it. In the OOC, please do not flame, you could be kicked my a moderator
-Rarely do I allow racist words, the people of Jericho are generally Progressive Conservatives and not so racist

Getting Drunk of High
Allowed, If you drink eight beers and pretend to be fine I'll put in an event that makes you drunk. Fair and square. For that matter a joint of weed or bottle of moonshine will do the same thing in a single go.

Addiction
Just like real life if you start binge drinking and chain smoking you'll be addicted to it. Lucky for you Marijuana users in the IC, just like in real life this rarely affects you.

Sexual Intercourse
I don't want this RP banned or t\o recreate like thirty whatever shades of gray. The TV show didn't explicitly show it so you're keeping it at PG-13, you can sleep with someone and make a reference to it in the morning, that's it.

Driving cars, Planes, Helicopters, Boats, Tanks, etc.
You need to learn it before doing it. Then your skill varies.

Shooting Guns
Aim is based on how long you've practiced (including hunting) and how good your vision is.

Making food, Farming, Gunsmithing, Repairing Cars, Repairing Radio's, etc.
Find the parts and someone that can do it. The average person can't repair a broken engine and no one can do it without a single tool or car part. For farming this means supplies, the know how, seeds (or existing plants), and livestock. Etc.

Eating and Drinking:
These two things will influence life and death. I wont be too extreme when it comes to how much you're eating, but if you never eat, you will get weaker and your fighting and working strength will decline.

Radiation:
Can Kill you and your family and friends. Be wary of where you go, what and who you touch and what you eat and drink. Without warning some things you encounter will be irradiated if there is a realistic potential for them to be.

Weather: Will change. Just like real life.
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Currencies:
The Good Old USD *US Dollar for those that know little of Currency abbreviations
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Events

Events will be done throughout the RP. They will help me further help progress the In-Game storyline. This could be from a storm to an enemy force arriving to a much more bountiful harvest than expected.
Last edited by Alouite on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Bump. :(
Hyman Minsky

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:37 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMETHING IN KANSAS!!!!!

WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!

AND ACTUALLY KNOW THINGS!!!!!

WICHITA!!!!!!
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

One of P2TM's only Kansans!
Proud Putinist

"From space there are no Borders just geographical landmarks" - Le me.
Hall of Failed RP's!
SOLAR a Space character RP
Men of Steel a WW2 Tank Crew RP
Skys of Thunder:Korea a Aircraft Character RP
Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night Character RP DOA

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Sounds good!
Hyman Minsky

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm

Alouite wrote:Sounds good!

Ill get an App up soon.
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Name:John Howler
Ethnicity:A mix of Native american, German and Irish.
Culture:American
Appearance:WIP when i find a good picture. (Picture would suffice)
Personal Views:Being new to the small town he had just moved into, it seems relatively peaceful and the Police force must be good if there hasn't been a murder in 40 years. He doesn't like how the Roads go in some parts of the town.
Weapons: Colt 1911 .45 ACP (You may all have a gun or two. Especially Police and Farmers who can have three)
Bio:Jogn Howler has Just now moved into the Town from Wichita which is relatively larger Compared to Jericho, he is used to the Bigger city life. He has cooking training from one of the Local Colleges there and has lived by himself for the past 3-4 Years. he doesn't know anything about this town or anyone that lives in it but doesn't expect anything too bad here. He moved out of Wichita because he had lived there for most of his life and wanted to go somewhere else. he chose Jericho because of its Police force and its size. (Tell me if i need anymore)
Housing Location: Down the road from Baileys Tavern (Use the map for reference)
Does your house have basement?: No.
How many rooms are in your house?: 1 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen/Liveing room and 1 Bathroom Total: 3 rooms

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Jeremy Beaver wrote:Name:John Howler
Ethnicity:A mix of Native american, German and Irish.
Culture:American
Appearance:WIP when i find a good picture. (Picture would suffice)
Personal Views:Being new to the small town he had just moved into, it seems relatively peaceful and the Police force must be good if there hasn't been a murder in 40 years. He doesn't like how the Roads go in some parts of the town.
Weapons: Colt 1911 .45 ACP (You may all have a gun or two. Especially Police and Farmers who can have three)
Bio:Jogn Howler has Just now moved into the Town from Wichita which is relatively larger Compared to Jericho, he is used to the Bigger city life. He has cooking training from one of the Local Colleges there and has lived by himself for the past 3-4 Years. he doesn't know anything about this town or anyone that lives in it but doesn't expect anything too bad here. He moved out of Wichita because he had lived there for most of his life and wanted to go somewhere else. he chose Jericho because of its Police force and its size. (Tell me if i need anymore)
Housing Location: Down the road from Baileys Tavern (Use the map for reference)
Does your house have basement?: No.
How many rooms are in your house?: 1 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen/Liveing room and 1 Bathroom Total: 3 rooms

Accepted.
Hyman Minsky

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm here to pester you in both Skyrim and Kansas simultaneously. :p

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Servinta wrote:I'm here to pester you in both Skyrim and Kansas simultaneously. :p

This is what Kansas has to say to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:32 pm

Jeremy Beaver wrote:
Servinta wrote:I'm here to pester you in both Skyrim and Kansas simultaneously. :p

This is what Kansas has to say to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI

Servinta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:36 pm

I'll post my app tomorrow in any case.

We
Will
Meet
Again..................... :twisted:

Most likely in Kansas.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 am

I just want six rpers so we can start.
Hyman Minsky

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:52 am

Based off the TV series I'm guessing?

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 am

Gyrenaica wrote:Based off the TV series I'm guessing?

Yes.
Hyman Minsky

Felix Dote
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Dote » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:48 am

I made up my mind: I am definitively interested in this RP.
Gyrenaica, good to see you. Hope we can have a good RP this time (unlike the mess the other one was).
I will be posting my app shortly!

Felix Dote
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Dote » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:42 am

Name: Felix Dote
Ethnicity: Anglo-Saxon, American
Culture: American
Appearance: Light skinned, dark brown hair with somewhat green-blue eyes.
Personal Views: Quiet peaceful, and not very active. Neighbors are friendly, and it's an easy life.
Weapons: An M1911A1, .45 ACP pistol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M1911 ... istols.JPG
Bio: Felix Dote graduated as a General Practicioner shortly before he decided to move to the quiet town of Jericho. Tired of the political squablings on TV, and hearing the protesters screaming that war was inevitable, Felix thought that moving to Jericho might be a welcome change of scenery, having lived his whole life in the city. Being accepted as a resident of the Jericho Medical Center, Felix has a relatively quiet day most of the time, with barely anyone ever visiting the hospital. Sometimes in the weekends, Felix likes to drive to a near-by town so that he can get some practice with shooting his M1911, a gift by his friends after graduation. At their insistance, Felix took some courses on gun handling, gun safety and gun maintenance. Althought he will not be a perfect shooter, or be able to maintain an AK-47 any time soon, he can maintain his M1911 quiet competently, and will be able to hit a man-sized target within 30 meters or so about.
Housing Location: In purple, below the hospital:

Does your house have basement?: No
How many rooms are in your house?: 4. A bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and a bathroom.
Vehicle: A Honda Accord 2002 in good condition (decided to go modest on this one :P)

Questions + Concerns: Just concerned with getting the RP going! I want it to go very well, as I can tell that it has the potential to go far. But it depends if people want to put the effort in or not!

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 am

Felix Dote wrote:Name: Felix Dote
Ethnicity: Anglo-Saxon, American
Culture: American
Appearance: Light skinned, dark brown hair with somewhat green-blue eyes.
Personal Views: Quiet peaceful, and not very active. Neighbors are friendly, and it's an easy life.
Weapons: An M1911A1, .45 ACP pistol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M1911 ... istols.JPG
Bio: Felix Dote graduated as a General Practicioner shortly before he decided to move to the quiet town of Jericho. Tired of the political squablings on TV, and hearing the protesters screaming that war was inevitable, Felix thought that moving to Jericho might be a welcome change of scenery, having lived his whole life in the city. Being accepted as a resident of the Jericho Medical Center, Felix has a relatively quiet day most of the time, with barely anyone ever visiting the hospital. Sometimes in the weekends, Felix likes to drive to a near-by town so that he can get some practice with shooting his M1911, a gift by his friends after graduation. At their insistance, Felix took some courses on gun handling, gun safety and gun maintenance. Althought he will not be a perfect shooter, or be able to maintain an AK-47 any time soon, he can maintain his M1911 quiet competently, and will be able to hit a man-sized target within 30 meters or so about.
Housing Location: In purple, below the hospital:

Does your house have basement?: No
How many rooms are in your house?: 4. A bedroom, a kitchen, a living room and a bathroom.
Vehicle: A Honda Accord 2002 in good condition (decided to go modest on this one :P)

Questions + Concerns: Just concerned with getting the RP going! I want it to go very well, as I can tell that it has the potential to go far. But it depends if people want to put the effort in or not!

Accepted. Also, bump. This RP is still open.
Hyman Minsky

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:01 am

Taggity tag
What don't you understand? I CAN'T DIE!
As if that gives you an excuse to live.

Smoke the Meth Bobby. Smoke it All

Me lookin' hella swaggy
DragonBall Super Trailer#1

Felix Dote
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Dote » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 am

Another reason I grabbed the 1911:
"Another interesting “safety feature” of the M1911 was first observed by Massad Ayoob. In the event that a bad guy might get your gun away from you, confusion about the controls of the cocked and locked M1911 could cause him enough hesitation to give you a chance to either get the gun back or flee. The current generation of thugs have cut their teeth on double action semi-autos and revolvers and many do not know how the M1911 operates. Ayoob tested this with people who were unfamiliar with pistols by giving them unloaded pistols of various designs and measuring how long it took them to figure out the controls and make the hammer drop. The M1911 proved to be considerably slower to fire than double action guns in the hands of those who are unfamiliar with the gun".

Guessed I picked the safest gun!
The link: http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/tech/cockedandlocked.htm

It talks about gun safety. Apparently, the M1911 has 2 manual safeties, and if treated properly, will never discharge accidentally, and ammo is widely available. It also technically has better stopping power than the 9mm.
Last edited by Felix Dote on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:42 am

Felix Dote wrote:Another reason I grabeed the 1911:
"Another interesting “safety feature” of the M1911 was first observed by Massad Ayoob. In the event that a bad guy might get your gun away from you, confusion about the controls of the cocked and locked M1911 could cause him enough hesitation to give you a chance to either get the gun back or flee. The current generation of thugs have cut their teeth on double action semi-autos and revolvers and many do not know how the M1911 operates. Ayoob tested this with people who were unfamiliar with pistols by giving them unloaded pistols of various designs and measuring how long it took them to figure out the controls and make the hammer drop. The M1911 proved to be considerably slower to fire than double action guns in the hands of those who are unfamiliar with the gun".

Guessed I picked the safest gun!
The link: http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/tech/cockedandlocked.htm

It talks about gun safety. Apparently, the M1911 has 2 manual safeties, and if treated properly, will never discharge accidentaly, and ammo is widely available. It also technically has better stopping power than the 9mm.

What?
Anyways, I am gonna have to shut down this RP if there is no more applicants to it. Sorry guys!
Hyman Minsky

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse