NATION

PASSWORD

2100 - Dusk [OOC/Sign-Ups/ MANY NATIONS OPEN!!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

2100 - Dusk [OOC/Sign-Ups/ MANY NATIONS OPEN!!]

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

2035 - How Few Remain

OP: Myself
Co-OPs: Pimps Inc .

Welcome to the 2035: How Few Remain Nation RP sign-up page! Please read the rules and regulations below! [/b]

Here's a brief outline of what is below:
-1- A description of the RP
-2- A map of the RP
-3- IC, UNGA, UNSC, Alliance threads, meetings/conferences, etc
-4- A list of countries and their players(Roster)
-5- Applications for Key Powers( USA, Poland, Mexico, Japan, Turkey )
-6- Applications for regular nations
-7- The Rule of the RP
-8- Announcements

The 2035 Nation RP: How Few Remain

The collapse of Russia, the Labor Shortage, Climate Change. These are the great events that shaped the Blakanization in the first half of the 21st Century. With the end of the Little Cold War in 2023, the Eurasian Union, and ultimately Russia (the Union State) ceased to exist, fragmenting across ancient cultures long since forgotten by the world until that point. The Tartars, the Don Cossacks, and the Yakuts all found themselves independent for the first time in centuries, while the Finns retook their long lost Karelian territories, while the Visegrad Gruop poached numerous territories from Western Russia. Any semblance of order has taken a decade to emerge, made no easier by an endless effort to secure former Russian nuclear arms from upstart powers like the Samara Republic.

While Russia fragmented, China's economic troubles over the last ten years finally came to fruition in the Market Crash of 2027. While China had officially been in a state of recession for more than nine years, the Crash of 2027 made deep demographic problems in the Chinese, and ultimately the world economy apparent. With the loss of the south Greenland Ice Sheet in 2025, and the subsequent rise in global sea levels by 7 meters, China found themselves facing open revolt in much of the country, a revolt that cost them the territories on their western peripheries and made their northern border porous to foreign influence. To prevent the collapse of the world's third largest economy, the US, intervened directly, pumping over a trillion dollars into the Chinese economy and deploying US Naval detachments to provide relief to refugee flooded cities like Hangzhou. China's collapse also spelled the end for a number of Cold War era institutions like the World Bank, which was never able to secure any significant capital from cash strapped European powers, who were dealing with their own refugee crisis in the low countries. This is often seen as the direct precursor for the eventual dissolution of the United Nations, as American interests in China conflicted with those of Japan, a country desperate for labor to supplement its demographic crisis of an aging population and a xenophobic culture.

As the developing world's coastal cities drowned, across the globe, only the wealthiest cities managed to save themselves from falling beneath the waves by hastily constructed sea walls. Tokyo, Washington DC, New York, and London all found themselves fighting to survive against the seven meter rise in global sea levels. CO2 production had finally stymied by the 2030s with the Electric Vehicle revolution, but the demand for energy put ever greater strain on the global economy, even with Helium-3 shipments from Luna and new improvements in Solar energy. All of this was ultimately secondary in the global zeitgeist when compared to the Population Crisis that drove the Recession of 2027. The election of 2028 saw a new administration that made several attempts to save the global economy with economic theories left over from the Reagan and Obama administrations, but to no success. This led to the election of Dylan James Price to the Presidency. President Price pushed for an aggressive immigration incentive program to attract skilled immigrants to the US to close the labor gap met by an aging population and increased global demand for high tech goods and services. This is where a silver lining to the rising tide became apparent; as more urban centers found themselves underwater, the displaced populations could fill the labor shortage in the developed world, taking advantage of the new immigration incentives, none more aggressive than those of the United States and Canada (though with the first people's more aggressive calls for independence, Canada was still far behind the US in incentives). Millions of Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese, Nigerian, Chinese, Indian, and Bengali immigrants flooded into North America as their home countries drowned, driving the United States population to 400 million citizens.

While the United States took an incentive approach to solving its demographic problem, the Turks and Japanese took a more direct approach. With the fall of Russia, and China in such a weakened state, the Japanese and Turks took more aggressive military action to secure their regional interests, and export industry to surrounding territories to supplement their population problems. Turkey was aided by ancient ethnic ties to neighboring states and a grateful US, who supported their effort to stabilize the Middle East, while Japan exploited the power vacuum in Eastern Pacific Rim to secure national interests. It was in these years that the seeds for a new global conflict were sewn.

Below is the official map of this RP. It shows major powers (with or without players) and nations belonging to players. This map will be updated as often as possible.

Map:

Links:
IC thread: Coming Soon
UN thread: Coming Soon

Roster:
Here's a list of the nations and their players. This is not a list of the only countries allowed to be played.

Accepted Nations:
United States of America: Of The Rnclave

Mexico: Pimp Inc

Reserved:

Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgent Groups

Corporations

Applications:
Several powers are essential to the playing of this RP. See instructions for application farther down. Please consider playing a power if any are available. If you are playing one of these powers, I except you to do some more research so that you know your nation inside and out.

Applications for nations:
Code: Select all
[box]
[b]Basics[/b]
Name of Nation(informal):
Formal Name of your Nation:
 Population: (the population of your nation estimate)
Denonym:
 Flag:
 Country and Territories (Preferably a map):

[b]Government[/b]
Head of State:
 Head of Government:
 Government Style:
 Capital:
Civil Rights /10:
Political Freedom /10:
Economical Freedom: /10:

[b]Economical Stats[/b]
Description of economy:
GDP as of 2035 ( Be realistic ):
 GDP/Per Capita:
 Main Import:
 Main Export:
History:

[b]Military Information[/b]
Description of Military( Training and equipment ):
Military Branches:
 Active Size of Military:
 Reserve Force:
 Primary Weapon (Rifle):
Secondary Weapon(Handgun):
 Number of Tanks:
Number of APC/IFV/IMVs:
Number of SPGs:
Number of MLRSs:
 Number of Hypersonic Aircraft/Interceptors:
Number of Attack Drones:
Number of Transport and Trainer Aircraft:
 Number of VTOL's:
 Number of Light/Medium Bombers:
 Number of Heavy Bombers:
 Number of Artillery:
 Number of Naval Vessels:
Number of Satellites:

RP Sample:

429 (It helps to find apps)[/box]

Application for Rebel Groups:
Code: Select all
[box]
 Name of your Rebel Group:
 Country that you are rebelling in:
 Base of Operations:
 Number of Followers/Members:
 Why you are rebelling:
 Popular support:
 Quality of Weapons, from 1 to 10:
 Suppliers:
 429 (It helps to find apps)[/box]

I will be background checking all of your application for accuracy. You will not be accepted until your application is as accurate as can be. Don't worry, I will help you out if you don't know any information.
Last but certainly not least, there are a few rules to go over:

Rules:

Timescale:
In this RP, I will be generally directing the timescale, although you are welcome to help out with that in the game. Because of the nature of the way RPs like this work, a single day can elapse over countless posts, or a single post can advance the timeline by a month. All that is asked is that no-one advance the timeline unreasonably. By this I mean that if two nations are at a conference and are engaging in discussions, some other player can't make a post that takes place a week in the future. That being said, try to keep such conferences to a minimum in order to keep the timeline moving. And be aware of the limitations that exist in communication technologies at this time.

Waging War:
Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. This is - 2100, people! Troops are constantly hampered by the technological limitations of the day, which I will go into more detail about below:

Technology:
Understanding the limitations of your nation's technology is important. Make sure that you play according to that technology.

Know How to Lose:
This is the biggest problem I see in RPs, and I have no doubt that some dummy will cause this issue at some point. In every battle, at every second, every side tries to describe some heroic definitive victory move, a "checkmate" if you will, that causes their army to emerge victorious. This results in an incredibly childish back-and-forth and makes the game un-enjoyable. if you are losing due to decisions made earlier on, then for god's sake lose! Don't try to make up some bullcrap about a single unit of soldiers that manages to survive and win the day, that's not how real war works. Now, I'm not saying that occasionally, in certain circumstances, definitive heroics aren't allowed. If I catch anyone breaking this simple rule of integrity in a major way, there will be one warning, followed by out-the-door.

Meta-Gaming:
This is the last point I need to make. What is meta-gaming? Well, when the British start thinking about negotiating a takeover of Mexico, and suddenly Mexico boosts it's military numbers way up and is put on high alert, that's meta-gaming: because Mexico couldn't possibly know exactly what the British were thinking. This is unacceptable. Also, you must declare espionage before you commit it, (either on the OOC or IC) you can't just say that you committed espionage and knew the enemy's plans after you had decimated their entire army.

Announcements:
IC thread is up!

That is all, enjoy!
Last edited by Of The Rnclave on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 am, edited 17 times in total.
What don't you understand? I CAN'T DIE!
As if that gives you an excuse to live.

Smoke the Meth Bobby. Smoke it All

Me lookin' hella swaggy
DragonBall Super Trailer#1

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Basics
Name of Nation(informal): Democratic Russia
Formal Name of your Nation: The Union of Federated Capitalist States
Population: 612,000,000
Denonym: Russians
Flag: Flag
Country and Territories (Preferably a map): The -Stan nations, Siberian Federal District, and Mongolia

Government
Head of State: President Dmitri Kostov
Head of Government: Prime Minister Peter Malikov
Government Style: Federal constitutional republic
Capital: Novosibirsk (New Petrograd)
Civil Rights /10: 7
Political Freedom /10: 7
Economical Freedom: /10: 9

Economical Stats
GDP as of 2014: 60 trillion? IDK.
GDP/Per Capita: 50,000?
Main Import: Foodstuffs
Main Export: Military weaponry
History: The UFCS was formed in 2038 after several Russian generals united their lands comprising most of the Siberian Federal District. The new nation, called the Union of Federated Capitalist States, went on a conquering rampage soon after under the brutal military regime of General Petrov Malatsk. The Union's military forces went through most of the former Soviet republics in Central Asia, trouncing their weak militaries and even managing to annihilate Afghanistan which had resisted the Soviets' efforts to aid the satellite government that was aligned with them.

Heading down and encountering Pakistan, an initial non-aggression pact was made in 2040, but the UFCS disregarded this a year later when hundreds of thousands of Russian troops poured across the border and stormed Islamabad. The war ended with the total annexation of Pakistan into the UFCS in 2045. Mongolia was peacefully annexed in 2061. By now, the Malatsk dictatorship had mostly been overthrown and replaced with the moderate Kasparov-led government. Now it looks hungrily to China and Inner Mongolia under the Kostov government, hoping to restore Russian supremacy in Asia.
Military Information
Military Branches:

- Union Federal Army
- Union Federal Air Force
- Union Federal Navy
- Federal Space Administration Forces

Active Size of Military: 350,000 (with an extra 55,000 for FSAF forces)
Reserve Force: 100,000 (with an extra 25,000 for FSAF forces)
Primary Weapon (Rifle): IW-97
Secondary Weapon(Handgun): M-1 Spear pistol
Number of Tanks: 4,500
Number of APC/IFV/IMVs: 7,623
Number of SPGs: 4,231
Number of MLRSs: 1,230
Number of Hypersonic Aircraft/Interceptors: 300
Number of Attack Drones: 4,900
Number of Transport and Trainer Aircraft: 450
Number of VTOL's: 3,500
Number of Orbital Bombers: 72
Number of Shuttle Bombers: 27
Number of Artillery: 12,000
Number of Naval Vessels: 310
Number of Satellites: 2,300
Number of Kinetic Strike Systems: 16
Number of Moon Bases: 3 (New Vladivostok, New Moscow, New Sevastopol)
Number of Missile Stations: 47
Number of Spacecraft: 20

RP Sample: You know me

429 (It helps to find apps)

WIP
Last edited by Marsisian on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

The rule on the whole "waging war" still has 2016 in it

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Also, how will the stats work since we have to write stats from 2016 when it is 2100.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Kargintina wrote:The rule on the whole "waging war" still has 2016 in it

Yeah I fixed it, and the GDP said 2014 as well

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Also, how will the stats work since we have to write stats from 2016 when it is 2100.

I'm working on it,sorry, should've done a little more planning

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Two more questions:
1. Is 2016 canon to this?
2. Can I have a simple wrap up of the history that is looong

Mangjukoia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangjukoia » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Basics
Name of Nation(informal): Thailand
Formal Name of your Nation: Empire of the Rattanakosin
Population: (the population of your nation estimate)
Denonym: Thai
Flag:

Country and Territories (Preferably a map): Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and Indonesia

Government
Head of State: King Rama XII
Head of Government: Premier Chayan Sarit
Government Style: Constitutional Monarchy
Civil Rights /10: 7/10
Political Freedom /10: 7/10
Economical Freedom: /10: 8/10

Economical Stats
GDP: 2,305,500,000,000
GDP/Per Capita: 5,857
Main Import: Machinery, Gold, Timber
Main Export: Petroleum, Timber, Agricultural products
History: Since the rise of aggression in Asia, Thailand's had another military coup in which they had taken power again. The nationalist group that took power with a majority of the support coming from the military, rose to retake the Thai former territories, causing some uproar in neighboring nations. In the start of the Third World War, Thailand took up it's former name, the Rattanakosin Kingdom, and started it's territorial campaign with Laos and Cambodia. After taking the countries, they used those resources to take the rest of Indochina. After the Indochina campaign, the nation of a united federation of Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Brunei, was targeted. In 2070, These large nations fought each other mainly by air and naval forces, as most of the area where the war was fought was over the seas and small islands. In the end, Thailand came on top over their federation, gaining more territory.

Military Information
Military Branches:
Ground Forces of Southeast Asia
Naval Forces of Southeast Asia
Air Forces of Southeast Asia (Includes Space Units)
Active Size of Military: 813,000
Reserve Force: 201,650
Primary Weapon (Rifle): HBRA3
Secondary Weapon(Handgun): PS-5D
Number of Tanks: 600
Number of APC/IFV/IMVs: 1,300
Number of SPGs: 100
Number of MLRSs: 50
Number of Fighter Jets/Interceptors: 540
Number of Attack Aircrafts: 430
Number of Transport and Trainer Aircraft: 700
Number of Helicopters: 370
Number of Artillery: 340
Number of Naval Vessels: 684 (Mostly PT Boats)
Number of Satellites: 28
Number of Kinetic Strike Systems: In development
Number of Moon Bases: 1
Number of Missile Stations: 6
Number of Spacecraft: 30

RP Sample:

429 (It helps to find apps)

Will add/delete anything necessary to meet requirments.
Last edited by Mangjukoia on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Kargintina wrote:Two more questions:
1. Is 2016 canon to this?
2. Can I have a simple wrap up of the history that is looong

No it's not and just a moment

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 pm

The TAR-21 was made in the 2000s. You should probably change that.
Last edited by Marsisian on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Marsisian wrote:The TAR-21 was made in the 2010s. You should probably change that.

And it's 2100, we have exoskeletons and incredibly advanced weaponry, armies aren't larger then 150-200k, you really don't need many infantry units, battlefields are no longer 1-2 miles in size, there anywhere from 20-30 miles wide, and happen worldwide and in space

Me lookin' hella swaggy

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 pm

Could I reserve China?

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:56 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Could I reserve China?

Looks like you and me will be rivals.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Of The Rnclave wrote:
Marsisian wrote:The TAR-21 was made in the 2010s. You should probably change that.

And it's 2100, we have exoskeletons and incredibly advanced weaponry, armies aren't larger then 150-200k, you really don't need many infantry units, battlefields are no longer 1-2 miles in size, there anywhere from 20-30 miles wide, and happen worldwide and in space

Wut?
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Of The Rnclave wrote: And it's 2100, we have exoskeletons and incredibly advanced weaponry, armies aren't larger then 150-200k, you really don't need many infantry units, battlefields are no longer 1-2 miles in size, there anywhere from 20-30 miles wide, and happen worldwide and in space

Wut?

Guess you're just not used to this scenario.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Marsisian wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Wut?

Guess you're just not used to this scenario.

No, I try to stay realistic. I believe anything past 2030ish is science fiction with no way to prove if something would be possible.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Of The Rnclave wrote: And it's 2100, we have exoskeletons and incredibly advanced weaponry, armies aren't larger then 150-200k, you really don't need many infantry units, battlefields are no longer 1-2 miles in size, there anywhere from 20-30 miles wide, and happen worldwide and in space

Wut?

I'll explain it to you tommorow, just make an app bro, then we can settle our Mexican American war

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Marsisian wrote:Guess you're just not used to this scenario.

No, I try to stay realistic. I believe anything past 2030ish is science fiction with no way to prove if something would be possible.

But that's why it's fun. Exoskeletons. Lasers. Starships.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Marsisian wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:No, I try to stay realistic. I believe anything past 2030ish is science fiction with no way to prove if something would be possible.

But that's why it's fun. Exoskeletons. Lasers. Starships.

Yup

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Also, Rnclave, I can see you've used the ISA assault rifle from Killzone.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Of The Rnclave wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Wut?

I'll explain it to you tommorow, just make an app bro, then we can settle our Mexican American war

Where would I start?
How would the weapons work?
How many, how much?
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Marsisian wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Could I reserve China?

Looks like you and me will be rivals.

Yeah, probably.
Pimps Inc wrote:
Of The Rnclave wrote:

Where would I start?
How many, how much?

Have you never done a FT RP before?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Marsisian wrote:Looks like you and me will be rivals.

Yeah, probably.
Pimps Inc wrote:Where would I start?
How many, how much?

Now that I think about it.....no.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Yeah, probably.

Now that I think about it.....no.

You have quite a bit to learn, then.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:18 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Now that I think about it.....no.

You have quite a bit to learn, then.

Yes, especially since all of these possibilities, we don't even know if their possible.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse