NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Louisiana Blues | Archives and Field Guide

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Fallout: Louisiana Blues | Archives and Field Guide

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Welcome to hell. The southeast was mostly spared from the nuclear holocaust that obliterated many of America’s once great cities. While the South was largely untouched by the bombs, radiation tainted the Mississippi, and much of the land surrounding it, including much of Louisiana. After a time vault dwellers began to exit their vaults and repopulate the much changed south. The rich and fertile land that their ancestors once knew was destroyed, and replaced by something else, something alien. New Orleans was turned into a veritable swamp, with nearly two thirds of the city submerged in at least several feet of irradiated sludge that had once qualified as water. Much of the flora and fauna that blanketed the land was changed into mutated versions of those in the past. Alligators that were commonly fifteen feet in length grew into massively bloated monsters, easily as reaching over twenty feet in length. All life seemed hostile and well suited to the new environment. But, not only were there new creatures for the vault dwellers to fend off, it seemed that many pre-war peoples had fled into the swamps and devolved into something far less than human.

The vault dwellers fled their vaults and started new homes amongst the long abandoned cities of old. Large communities sprang up in Baton Rouge, and Lafayette. Trade began to flow with the Mississipi, and everything seemed to be going so well. Then word of a new vault beneath the bogs that New Orleans had turned into. Members of the Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, and all manner of characters came from near and far to get a crack at the priceless treasure. Depending upon who you asked, the contents of the vault were wildly different. But, with both the Enclave and Brotherhood coming, whatever lay within the vault had to be priceless indeed.

With all the traffic flowing seamlessly up and down the Mississippi, bandits, brigands, and murderers have come to bring chaos and despair too many travelers hoping to get a stake of the rumored treasures of the Bayou State. The criminals have set up a lawless settlement south of Baton Rouge, in the ruined pre-war city of Morgan City. The rival bandit gangs own different parts of the city, and oftentimes fight street to street over control of one block or another. The tribals, deformed by generations of inbreeding have come out of their holes to brutally defend their territory from the invading foreigners. It seems little has changed in America. War has touched the East, War has reached the West, and soon, war will come to the South. Because war, war never changes.

Hey man, Crawdaddy Jenkins here. I wrote up this handy field guide to include a whose who of the most notable people, a handy guide to the cities and their important locations, tips on the regions and landmarks that comprise the local geography, information on the tribes and factions all busy making their mark on the world, the plants and animals you should probably avoid, and much much more. So read up traveler and heed the words that are written on these pages. If you can't read... you better get someone to read it for you cuz audiobooks went the way of the dodo a long time ago brother.

- With love for y'all,
Crawdaddy
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Swamp Lore

Hey there brothers and sisters it's Crawdaddy Jenkins again to let you know that this is not always going to be the most comprehensive guide to Louisiana without help from y'all so I left some room in the back for you to fill out if you see something new and exciting or strange and deadly. You can fill one of those pages out for yourself, and one for ol' Crawdaddy so that he can make sure it gets put in the new editions of his big book of swamp stuff.
- Happy Vault Hunting,
Crawdaddy

Here are some more applications for if you want to add a new creature, plant, landmark, or region to the lore of the RP. You'll have to paste these into the OOC filled out with your submission first for the OP and Co-Ops to accept first before they can go here, they are in an easy to use format and put here in their codes.

Code: Select all
#animal
[b]Name of animal:[/b]
[b]Submitted by:[/b]

[b]Where does it live?:[/b]
[b]Is it dangerous?:[/b]
[b]Is it Carnivorous?:[/b]

[b]Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has:[/b]

#plant
[b]Name of Plant:[/b]

[b]Where does it live?:[/b]
[b]Is it dangerous?:[/b]
[b]What kind of plant is it?:[/b] (Examples would be root, vegetable, fruit, tree, flower, you get the idea)

[b]Describe the plant and any unusual traits or abilities it has:[/b]

#place
[b]Name of Landmark:[/b]

[b]Where is it located?:[/b]
[b]What type of Landmark is it?:[/b] (Examples would be Business, House, Ruins, etc.)

[b]Describe the Landmark:[/b]

#area
[b]Name of Region:[/b]

[b]Where is it located?:[/b]
[b]What type of region is it?:[/b] (Pretty much just swamp, marsh, coast, or wasteland)

[b]Describe the Region:[/b]
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Map of Louisiana and Her Regions

He's also a cartographer brothers and sisters. You can call him Cartographerdaddy!
- Crawdaddy
Last edited by SaintB on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:50 pm

~Major Settlements~

Defiance- Based in the pre-war city of Lafayette, Defiance has been around nearly since the fall of America. The Louisiana 256th Infantry Brigade, being stationed in Lafayette at the time of the Great War. Once the bombs fell, the Louisiana Brigade, seeing that America had fallen, took charge of Lafayette and instituted a Military governorship. With the backing of the Louisiana Brigade peace and order was brought to Lafayette and its surrounding area, but over time the military began abusing their power. During the present time, the 50th governor of Lafayette rules over Lafayette with an iron fist. Because of Defiance's corrupt rule, they often come at odds with the people of Baton Rouge, and recently some skirmishes between their forces have taken place in the no-man's land between the two settlements. Roughly a thousand and a half people inhabit Defiance, and almost half of those are serving in some capacity in the military.

Providence- The largest of the settlements in Louisiana, Providence is a democracy governed by a council of individuals from the populous, and a mayor who is elected by the council. The council, however, is mainly comprised of members of the leading families, and it is rare if anyone else gets a seat. The community has been wracked by a number of murders committed by an unknown party, they have been trying to get help from anyone who will help them get rid of the serial killer, or killers. Providence is located in Baton Rouge, and is undeniably the strongest of the settlements. Around two thousand souls inhabit Providence, with several hundred of those serving in the military.

Hellenia- Caesar wasn't the only man to find tomes detailing ancient history. Alexander Holland discovered a book when he was still a boy about a man with a very similar name, but his life was very different from Holland's. As Holland grew up in Alexandria, he grew the notion that he should be like Alexander, a conqueror. And, being the son of an influential family, it was certainly possible. Once he got to manhood, Alexander took on his new persona, and within a few short years, was named the King of Alexandria. He renamed the city to Hellenia, and has changed his society's entire structure similar to that of Ancient Greece, but with a modern twist. But Hellenia was still the weakest of Louisiana's settlements, and so it remains. However, should Alexander take to conquering the tribes near his lands, he will soon come to rival even Providence. Just under a thousand people make up Hellenia proper, and roughly a third of that serves as a soldier.

Vendetta- Hailing from the once proud Morgan's City, Vendetta is a lawless town of ruffians who seek only to satisfy their own perverted machinations. Vendetta is ruled by numerous gangs of varying sizes. They cater to the sick and depraved, oftentimes being slavers, bandits, and murderers, who come to sell the fruits of their work, or simply to have a good time. Some a thousand people live in Vendetta, and most of those people are armed and dangerous.

Rat City- Out of the flooded ruins of New Orleans, Rat City has grown. A number of people who fled into the sewers as the bombs fell, returned to the surface and made their home in the ruined city. Rat City is home primarily to Prospectors and those who hope to get a few caps out of said prospectors. Rat City has no real form of government, it does however, have a number of powerful merchant and scavenger guilds that are widely respected by the local populous. One of the smaller cities, Rat City has around seven hundred people that call it home, though Rat City doesn't really have any form of military, there is a volunteer guard company that patrols the city and roads leading in and out.

~Canon Factions~

Brotherhood of Steel Outcats- While the Capital Wasteland chapter deals with the problems of pre-war Washington D.C. The Outcasts have come south to claim the fabled treasure of the Mississippi. They are currently Natchez, Louisiana, but their speedy progress south will soon bring them to New Orleans.

Enclave- A group of Enclave soldiers have come south from Chicago to New Orleans in search of the Vault, and it's treasure. They are currently in Natchitoches, Louisiana.

Caesar's Legion- A group of Frumentarii have been in the area for nearly 6 months, speaking with various tribes of South-Western Louisiana in a bid to ally themselves with said tribes. However, in the recent weeks a Centuria has arrived from Flagstaff, and is ready to look for the Vault and reshape Louisiana into Caesar's own image. They are holed up in the ruins of Lake Charles.

~Tribes~

Amazons- The Amazons are a small group of solely female warriors, who are said to prey on lone male wanderers. They take them away and are never to be seen or heard of again. Not much is known about this group, yet they certainly exist, and are always on the move.

Inbreds- They have no collective name, nor are they a centralized group. There are at least a dozen different petty tribes of these mutated humans. While they only look vaguely human, they are said to trade with the occasional merchant. However, they primarily keep to themselves, and only strike when they feel threatened, or when someone encroaches upon their territory.

Saints- A tribe of humans, many of whom descended from members of the New Orleans Saints Football team. Taking the name, the Saints, from their ancestors, the Saints are a small tribe operating in the area between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. They, however, are far from saintly. They are major suppliers of drugs, and many other less than admirable services. They often do business with Vendetta, and on occasion Rat City.

The Crosses- A tribe akin to The Followers of the Apocalypse to the West, the Crosses take their name from the pre-war organization, the Red-Cross. Unlike the Followers, the Crosses often use violence to stop the spread of harmful drugs to the innocent. They have become an almost legendary organization in many of the Southern settlements for their fierce protection of the locals, which leads them to be in almost perpetual conflict with Vendetta and the Saints.
Last edited by Elerian on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

And Reserved

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

~Major Settlement Militaries~

Vendetta
City Proper: Somewhere around 900 to 1,000 who the hell knows with all the crime.
Surrounding Regions: Picked clean.
Total Population: Unknown, estimated 1,000
Military Force Statistics:
Training: Mixed Bag
Size: ??
Vendetta is a mixed bag of the desperate, the greedy, and the dangerous with few exceptions. The training and equipment of the various militants there is impossible to measure beyond the fact that it ranges from orphans armed with tire irons to professional mercenaries with enough artillery to level a smaller settlement if they didn't mind the expense of doing so. Force and violence are every bit as important as hard currency to the people of Vendetta who apply it liberally in their everyday lives. Individual gangs might war with one another but a true threat to the city would be met with resistance from every corner.

Rat City
City Proper: 567
Surrounding Regions: 115
Total Population: 682
Training: Militia
Size: ??
Rat city's militia force is entirely comprised of volunteers protecting their home. It has no real command structure to speak of but usually the militia members defer to the most senior members for command. They lack uniforms but wear yellow scraps of cloth around one arm (it varies between militia squads as to exactly where and which arm they wear it). Their weapons too are in no way standardized but generally each member has a firearm of some sort and often a melee weapon for backup. Being mostly swamp folks and scavengers Rat City's fighters are surprisingly good at laying ambushes and using guerrilla tactics, they are highly motivated to defend their families and livelihoods and are a major thorn in the side of anyone who comes looking to cause trouble in Rat City.

Providence
City Proper: 2,056
Surrounding Regions: 229
Total Population: 2,285
Training: Good
Size: 570 (220 active, 280 reserves)
Providence's army is commanded by the Marshal of Providence who is elected from the highest ranking officers of it. Providence soldiers are armed primarily with R91 assault rifles but because of occasional lack of supply reserve troops might be armed instead with 9 or 10mm machine guns. Providence's uniforms consist of grey pants and tan shirts with black boots, officers wear black berets while enlisted men wear tan or grey boonie style caps, rank is indicated on the left breast of the uniform by chevrons for enlisted men and stars for officers. Soldiers are allowed to wear armor that they purchase but the city does not provide any standard protection, soldiers can also provide their own weapons but if it's ammo varies from 5.56, 9mm, or 10mm they will have to provide that was well. Providence's soldiers drill on a regular basis and are trained in marksmanship and first aid. Fighting for a city as prosperous as Providence has also instilled the soldiers with a high amount of moral.

Defiance
City Proper: 1,477
Surrounding Regions: 132
Total Population: 1,609
Training: Regular
Size: 302 (131 active, 171 reserves)
Defiance's military is descended from the 256th Louisiana Infantry and is thus organized along the lines of pre-war America with the exception that the city's military governor acts as the army's general. Two colonels serve as his subordinates one in charge of active duty personnel and the other in charge of reservists. Most soldiers serve as riflemen and are armed with R91 assault rifles, they make up nearly 80% of all the combat units. A little more than 1 in 10 combat soldiers are support gunners armed with light machine guns and the best 5% of shots serve as marksmen and are armed with marksman carbines or sniper rifles. Defiance's soldiers wear olive green uniforms left over from the old world with the old world rank insignia, the most veteran soldiers and all officers are also issued combat armor and helmets. While Defiance is the smaller city with a correspondingly smaller army than Providence she has been able to hold her own against her rival city because of superior training and equipment.
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:55 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:Faction name: The Bundle of Knives

Faction Leader: Warlord Cornelius White

Faction numbers:
-200 Fighting troops: Not particularly equipped much better than many other forces one may find in this land, but what makes them special though really is their training and discipline which is quite good comparably to any random band of tribal and town militias. They have individually been handpicked by Cornelius from battle hardened veterans of his many campaigns and from men and women he found that he was impressed with.
-50 Support troops: For the most part their job is to help maintain the operations of are forces they range from skilled craftsmen(blacksmiths,cobblers), Officers, signalers and medics, all the way to Cornelius's personal companions and council(treasurer, spymaster, secretary, etc)
-436 Civilians: Non-Militants within his realm who he for the most part makes pay tribute in exchange for protecting them from both external and internal sources, and from his wrath. They are simply regular people ranging from carpenters, to farmers and everything in between.
-0 Allies: Civilians and Combatants not under my direct control, they are principally composed of allied tribes in the area and their peoples as of now.
Faction Bio:
The War band of Cornelius, known simply as "The Bundle of Knives" are a rather tough bunch composed of troops from many walks of life all united under Cornelius's banner.They are governed under their code "The Oath of Knives" and a strong hierarchy, are rather disciplined compared to many other forces of this land and show it quite well on campaign. For all intents and purposes these troops are an amphibious band of mercenaries, they are transported via ship, principally war canoes, in more wetter areas otherwise moving on foot creating a very mobile force. They are principally armed with rather basic weaponry like Hunting rifles and pump action shotguns though they have been able to acquire a few more nicer weapons like light machine guns and even mortars.

Starting Location: Arcadia, Bienville Parish, Louisiana

Goals:
-Whatever Cornelius tells them
-Power and Glory
-As of the moment, take over Arcadia and work their way up from there.

Character Name: Warlord Cornelius White

Appearance: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Pyle_pirate_handsome.jpg

Equipment:
-Wool Cloak
-Belt of knives
-Assault rifle
-Binoculars
-Slouch hat
-Leather Armour(fallout3)
-Cow boy boots

Skills:
SPECIAL Skills
-Strength(4)
-Perception(5)
-Endurance(4)
-Charisma(5)
-Intelligence(8)
-Agility(7)
-Luck(7)
Other skills
-Herbology, knowledge of plants and the medical uses
-Good with long guns
-Melee combat skills
-Trapping
-Survival in the woods
-Path finding, finding where he needs to be and getting their in a timely fashion
-Knowledge of training others

Personality:
Has a strong sense of justice and honor, can be described as rather puritanical in some cases. He can be quite patient though is kinda wary though this can be a useful trait this makes it so that sometimes he will miss opportunities and not take the initiative in certain matters. He is strict but fair and an overall good judge of character in people, he wont discriminate really so long as you are loyal and have strong character. Highly intelligent and a rather lucky fellow for the most part, most cant beat him at a game of chess or cards for the most part.

Motives:
-Desire for power and glory
-Genuine concern for the people of this land and their plight
-Wishes to establish himself as a warlord

Backstory: 36, male. He was born a long time to a small tribal band living and surviving somewhere in the swamp for the most part relying on trapping animals for meat and skins to sell to others for goods. By the time he was a boy he took to the woods begging, stealing, foraging a hunting food from surrounding areas, and even entertaining others for the occasional crumb. He was taught the traditional skills of his people shooting, hunting, knowledge of various plants for healing purposes, etc. A raid by slavers cost the lives of his family and rendered him an orphan. He would join and eventually lead various bandit groups that preyed on travelers and the like for their valuables which he would sell in town. Unlike his fellow bandits he had vision and desired more than the occasional cheap trick and thrill and set himself upon that path. He found that selling his services to others was a much more profitable and stable endeavor and soon became a mercenary then mercenary captain who would go on various expeditions and raids for the highest bidder. He has been all over the state and seeing the chaos and overall plight of the people of this land has had an affect on him and he has become more conscious of this fact. With his ambition mixed in with his desire for glory he has decided to go further on the path of the sword and take the next great step of a conqueror. Where it leads him is for fate to determine and only time can tell. He is a man who has earned much renown from his many adventures across the land, his prowess fighting in many different rumbles and skirmishes and killing a few men all over Louisiana and the surrounding area, and tournament victories has earned him note. He has turned down multiple offers of vassalage preferring the freedom of the road and the company of his troops for the most part though now as he ages the settled life is becoming more appealing. He has no wife nor family honestly he never has seem to show much interest in one yet, though his many tournament wins and battle fame have earned him the eye of a few lasses.

RP examples:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317262
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=306413

Anything else we should know?:
First post will be of my character being in the process of taking over the town of Arcadia, so there's that.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 am, edited 18 times in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Palonitr and Howland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Palonitr and Howland » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Character Name:
Urban Felix

Appearance:

Equipment:

Slaver's Duster (Modified Regulator's Duster with Combat Armor Vest)

Slaver's Helmet (Modified Welding Helmet)

Lever Action Shotgun

45. Auto Pistol

Machete

Cattle Prod

20 Gauge Shotgun Shells

45. Auto Ammo

Several Slave Collars

A Brahmin Water Jerkin

Several types of meat such as Squirrel, Brahmin and Yao Guai

6 Stimpacks

Healing Powder

Pack Brahmin

Skills:
Tag:
Survival
Guns
Barter
Repair
Lockpicking

Personality:

Urban is a ruthless man due to his upbringing in the irradiated swamps of Florida. As in a early age, Urban had been introduced into the slave trading business of Florida and had learnt to barter and haggle with costumers older than himself. Urban had developed sociopathic tendencies due to obvious reasons. He is patient, calculative and has a gift into making people contract Stockholm Syndrome

Motives:
To start his own slaver nation in Louisianna and become big enough to take revenge on the Slaving families of Florida.

Backstory:
Born in the ruins of Miami, Urban was the 7th son of a minor Slave Baron. He was educated and trained from a young age to become a slaver. He learned to haggle, barter, shoot, sweet talk and other things. When he became 16, Urban was ordered by his father to take up a great slaving expedition into the ruins of Georgia. He went on it along with several of his father's men and spent a great part of a year enslaving tribals, raiders and wastelanders. Upon his return to his home in Miami, Urban found out that his father's rivals had slaughtered his family and divvied the spoils between themselves. Urban and his party had been ambushed during their escape from florida. Urban's men sacrificed themselves in order let Urban escape with a pack Brahmin into Louisianna. Now he is currently going to Morgan City.

RP examples:
In my signature

Anything else we should know?: Urban is a really great cook.

Chrysaor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrysaor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Character Name: Hugo Sandoval

Appearance: He’s a 45 years old man but looks much older. He’s tall with grey eyes and greying dark hair. His body is lean, almost skinny though he often wears baggy clothes that make him looks bigger. With a big bushy beard and a wild mass of hair that his hat barely kept a lid on, he looks like a kind of dusty Santa Claus. His face is kind and his mannerism gentle. unless he’s fighting that is.

I imagine him looking like an older, more gaunt Oscar Isaac. Here would be what he looked like when he was a Centurion.

Equipment:
-Weapons: A machete gladius named Chico, a hunting rifle and some ammo.
-Armor: A cowboy hat, thick gloves, a worn duster with many pockets, custom-made gecko leather armor.
-Other: 4 stimpaks, a stealthboy, antivenoms, a flask, matches, food items, The Collected Works of Shakespeare which is torn in half.

Skills:
-Highly skilled in melee and hand-to-hand combat.
-Survival and stealth skills.
-Not terrible with a rifle.
-Educated & cultured.

Personality: Hugo is like your eccentric uncle, that one uncle you like best. He is a nice, jovial fella who kept to himself and doesn’t want any trouble. To most, he's just another kindly gentleman who's probably a war veteran. Though he looks like a doddering mountain man and walks at a slow pace, his mind is sharp & quick witted. His favorite thing in the world is talking to strangers, telling them tall tales about places he'd been to. He's intelligent and educated too. The man enjoys classic poetry- from John Donne to Shakespeare and teaching local children how to recite a few verses is something he greatly enjoys.

On the other hand sometimes he is not all there, a side effect of the stealth boy. The device also gives him slight paranoia and emphasizes the effects of his PTSD. Hugo is aware of all these effects and tries to use that thing as little as possible. Finally is his all-consuming hatred of Caesar's Legion, it is one of the very few things that can makes him lose his cool.

Motives: Make the world a better place by killing as many Caesar's Legionnaire as possible.

Backstory: Born in 2236 in the Grand Canyon region, he was only 10 when Caesar's Legion conquered his tribe- which was one of the first. He was given the name Claudius Davus and trained gruelingly to become legionnaires like all his peers. His bravery and skills in the battlefield helped him rise quickly through the ranks and gained recognition from Caesar himself. By the time he was 25, Claudius was already a decorated hero and a Centurion of the Legion with an entire Centuria under his command. His Centuria- the Blood Hounds, was instrumental in the defeat and assimilation of many barbarian tribes in the Arizona region. He was a skilled and tough leader but fair and kind, a true father to his man. Many legionnaires looked up to him more than they do to Caesar....

By 2277 shortly after the persecution of Joshua Graham- Caesar's most loyal, Claudius realized the Legion that once brought order and peace to the land now brought only brutality. He publicly speak out against Caesar's increasing cruelty which caused considerable stir as he was popular among the Legion's lower ranks. Claudius started and open rebellion against Caesar, but before he could amassed the necessary support Caesar ordered the execution of the entire Blood Hound Centuria.

Claudius and his men plus every vocal supporter were then crucified and left for dead on the Arizonian desert. Through sheer power of will, Claudius survived for 3 days until he was found and rescued by a traveling band of Followers of the Apocalypse. After he was nursed back to health, Claudius changed his name to Hugo Sandoval and moved as far east and away from the Legion as he could. He somehow ended up in Rat City working the odd jobs and protecting the locals from raiders, tribals and other native wildlife. Then Caesar once more got people right at his doorstep and it's clear to him now that he can't escape his past. Hugo's determined to keep them out of New Orleans, he does not expect he'll live through it but he'll try to take down as many of them as he could. His main tactics is guerrilla warfare, picking off Legionnaires one by one with his rifle or preferably ambush them in close combat with Chico -his machete gladius.

Anything else we should know?: He's bisexual.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 pm

Character Name: Crawdaddy Jenkins

Appearance:

Equipment:
A radio station.

Skills: Crawdaddy Jenkins is a master song spinner baby as well as a smooth cat who gets on with all the ladies, Crawdaddy is also very good at referring to himself in the third person man.

Personality: Ain't nobody smoother than Crawdaddy baby and he is friend to all things, living, dead, irradiated, inbred, or some combination thereof. Crawdaddy loves you all brothers and sisters.

Motives: He just loves the music and wants to share his passion with the bayou brother, he also strives to inform people about the goings on in the rapidly changing world.

Backstory: Crawdaddy Jenkins (also known as Crawdaddy, or CJ) started broadcasting from his undisclosed location 'round Nawleans way' sometime in the last couple of years. His big barritone voice and and smooth creole-esque accent have been the company of many a lonely wanderer or itinerate swamp dweller ever since and they have willingly embraced his companionship. Somehow through means that are mysterious and secret he has been able to keep up on currrent events as far as Baton Rouge and seems to have a never ending selection of blues, jazz, bluegrass, and rockabilly music to entertain the post apocalypse world with 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. He has become so beloved that even the raiders won't harm the equipment at his many broadcast substations throughout the swamps and bogs of Louisianna. Its not known if he fulfills requests for songs.

RP examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=277545

Character Name: Rocky

Appearance: http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/mods/1 ... 974129.jpg

Equipment: "Up Armored" Regulator Duster and the trademark hat and sunglasses. Assault Carbine, 77 5mm rounds, Colt 6520 10mm pistol, 36 10mm rounds, 100 bottle caps, 2 cartons of cigarettes, and a trench knife named Carver.

Skills: TAG: Firearms, Speech, Medicine
Others: Explosive, Melee

Personality: Tries to be a genuine good person, doesn't know how well he accomplishes that though. Generally helpful and friendly if a bit rough at the edges.

Motives: Found new chapters of the Regulators and see as much of the world as he can.

Backstory: Way up north about thirtyish years ago maybe where the national capitol once existed the boy known as Rocky was born to typical wasteland scavengers, or slavers, or slaves, or something, whose names are unimportant because Rocky never knew them. For some reason the bouncing baby boy was abandoned outside Rivet City but was luckily adopted by Louis and Louanne who worked as Rivet City Security. He had a more or less typical Rivet City childhood, cramped and dark but full of adventure and fun. He also learned how to read and write and count and do maths thanks to Rivet City's school system which is not a common thing in the DC wastes. Once it was decided he was an adult Rocky followed his parents in the law enforcement profession.
While he liked helping Rivet City stay safe Rocky was quickly bored with standing around waiting for trouble to stumble over to him. Why couldn't they go looking for trouble instead? Why not take the proactive approach? Why not just nip it in the bud before innocent bystanders end up getting shot, or eaten, or enslaved? After about a year of this kind of thinking he finally brought his concerns to the head of security, a man named Harkness, and after a long discussion about the hows and whys he got his answer "What? Are you crazy kid?"
A few more months passed and like many young wastelanders the adventure bug bit him in the ass so he resigned his post and joined a caravan heading to Megaton as a guard. Little did he know that this fateful trip to Megaton would be the single most important event in his life and as fate would have it; there in Megaton he met Sheriff (and Mayor) Lucas Simms who told him about the Regulators. The Regulators were a group of men and women who protected the remnants of civilization by doing exactly what Rocky wanted to do, go out into the wastes and kick some bad guy buttocks! He was sold.
His life has since been devoted to the Regulator cause, he eats, breathes, and sleeps Regulator! Now he is on a special assignment to travel south and find civilized people in need of some help and begin a new chapters for the Regulators.

RP examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=241153

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Character Name: Victor Robinson

Appearance: Something along these lines.

As for what he looks like without his power armor on, let's just say he looks like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Equipment: Enclave power armor, a plasma rifle, microfusion cells, food, and water.

Skills: Victor is skilled in the use of energy weapons and, to a lesser extent, regular guns; he also has basic medical skills, although not nearly enough to the extent of an actual doctor.

Personality: Loyal, holding an unshakable loyalty to both the Enclave and to his fellow soldiers. He takes his duties as an Enclave soldier very seriously, never questioning the legitimacy of the Enclave and its ideals; needless to say, he isn't particularly fond of traitors. Moving on from his sense of loyalty to the Enclave, Victor is an honorable, although by no means chivalrous person. Killing or robbing innocent people isn't something Victor would do, although he certainly wouldn't bust his ass trying to do good deeds. Off-duty, Victor enjoys gambling and drinking, his two vices.

Motives: Helping the Enclave is his primary motive, and he would never even consider betraying them.

Backstory: Victor Robinson was born at Navarro, in the year 2242, shortly before the NCR took over. He, along with his family, fled to the east coast and the Capital Wasteland following the fall of Navarro to group up with the rest of the Enclave remnants, although, unfortunately, his mother was killed by raiders during the trip and Victor never met her. His father was a well respected Enclave soldier and veteran, who had served in the Enclave for many years; needless to say, Victor was highly pressured to be like his father. He was raised to be loyal to the Enclave, and was personally taught by his father how to shoot and fight, his father influencing him greatly. As soon as Victor was able to, he became a soldier like his father, enlisting in the Enclave Army, where he fought on numerous missions, quite a few of which were fought alongside his father.

Over the course of his military career, Victor gradually became a battle hardened veteran like his father, having his combat skills honed both through training and first-hand experience. Proving himself to be a highly capable soldier, Victor quickly received a highly respected reputation amongst his Enclave comrades, Victor being the perfect model of a loyal and dependable Enclave soldier. When word of the vault beneath New Orleans was spread, Victor was one of the soldiers chosen to secure the treasures of the vault in the name of the Enclave, being assigned to a strike team and being sent to Louisiana on a vertibird. Needless to say, Victor was honored to be chosen for such an important task and embarked on the mission with great enthusiasm.

The mission, however, went down south rather quickly when his team's vertibird crashed due to a major malfunction; Victor was the only survivor of the crash. The rest of the team all killed by the crash, Victor was left alone to deal with the dangers of the Louisiana and to regroup with another Enclave strike force. Having only a vague knowledge of the geography of the region, Victor headed towards Baton Rouge, which was fairly close to where his vertibird had crashed and which was one of the only settlements Victor actually knew of. After being attacked by raiders several times on the way (having dealt with them fairly easily, considering his vastly superior training and equipment), Victor found his way into Baton Rouge, which is where he is currently at, waiting for another Enclave team to show up.

RP examples: It's kind of about ponies, but this should work good enough as a RP example.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=322167

Alternatively, this is a slightly older example, but it should also suffice.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=314104

Anything else we should know?: He's also gay.

Lingria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lingria » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Character Name:Jule Denny Sawyer

Appearance:

Equipment:Chinese Assault rifle, Merchant armor, 256 Caps, and 200 Assault rifle bullets

Skills:
Sharpshooting-He grew up learning how to shoot and is quite good at it,
Knowledge-Jule seems to be the only one of the family who realizes his mistakes
Survival-When he was 12 he got lost in the forest and had to live there for a couple months

Personality:Jule is a kind heart and loves his sister to the point of killing people to protect her,
He also loves animals

Motives:To be live happily with his family

Backstory: Jule was born to a small family out in Louisiana, When he was 2 his parents were killed by Sawyer Brutes and kidnapped him. He grew up being treached their beliefs and is very much different then the rest of his 'Family' Growing up Jule always thought his family were weird and often denied eating other people. So Jule grew up being the reject in the family but that all changed when he was 16, Someone caught him doing the 'funky' with his little sister (Not that little, Like 15) and his prestige in the family increased greatly to the point of his grandfather demanding they get married, The option of marriage is still on debate

RP examples:No thanks

Anything else we should know?:Brother-Sister incest!
The Danish Confederacy - Waifu of the South, The United Eastern States of Europe- Waifu Islander, Mirakai -Waifu of kinks, New Babylonia - da kewtiest waifu, & Derpopoliss - mai best bud. are my Waifu's, & I love them

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Be careful, CC lurks in the sigs
I was running through the streets with my rows - Julius Caesar, on Londonium.

Neo-Chicago
Minister

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Chicago » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Nationstates Name: Neo-Chicago

Faction name: Order of the Gatekeepers

Faction Leader: Jeremiah Alexander

Faction numbers: A force of 70, calling themselves "Apollo Militants" wear hazmat suits reinforced with pieces of scrap metal, scavenged from various New Orleans hospitals, painted a blinding silver and gold. They are led by Jeremiah himself, who wears a frayed red makeshift cape as well. Weapons used include modified assault rifles for the senior militants, laser rifles for 20 of the rest, various shotguns for those who prefer ranged and weren't able to get any of the better weapons, and for those that prefer melee weapons, shishkebabs and trench knives. There are about 110 citizens as well, most of them carrying some variant of knife, however, and many arming themselves with 9mm and similar pistols.

Faction Bio: The Order of the Gatekeepers are a group of citizens from Vault 62, a vault that was situated beneath the Timkin Wildlife Management Area. Considering that New Orleans was something of a "supernatural hotspot", the line between folklore and reality eventually blurred, and midway between the time of entering and exiting the vault, the vault's citizens were taught of vampires and witches just the same as they were math and science. After leaving the vault, Jeremiah saw a cross in the sky, and declared it to be a sign. They soon stole weapons from a former National Guard depot just outside New Orleans. They also scavenged various hospitals, eventually finding a total of 100 hazmat suits, as well as quite a few stimpacks. After that, they took over the remains of the St. Louis Cathedral, where Jeremiah saw the cross, and dedicated themselves to killing all creatures such as vampires. However, as these creatures did not exist in reality, and they had no depiction of them, the Gatekeepers eventually turned on the creatures tainted by radiation, such as the ghouls. To them, the terms "vampire" and "ghoul" were literal synonyms. When confronted with technology they had no knowledge of, such as more advanced robotics and forms of electricity, they condemned it, and burned its creators and users at the stake. They eventually restored and reinforced the St. Louis cathedral, christening it the Haven of St. Louis.

Starting Location: Haven of St. Louis, just outside of Rat City

Goals: To eradicate Louisiana of creatures tainted and deformed by radiation, and to rid it of the abominations that were once normal animals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Name: Jeremiah Alexander

Appearance: When not in his hazmat suit, he wears a dusty pre-war suit:

Equipment: Armor of Preservation (Jeremiah's hazmat suit and red cape combo), Lance of St. Louis (An AER14 Laser Rifle found in the St. Louis Cathedral, painted gold. Modified with parts found at the National Guard armory), three stimpacks, three and a half packs of cigarettes, and a silver-painted shishkebab.

Skills: Incredibly charismatic as well as very bold, a surprising prowess in science, and a sizable strength.

Personality: Jeremiah is a very faithful person, who attempts to do good in his eyes. He has a very noticeable presence in a room, and tends to be a natural-born leader.

Motives: To lead the Gatekeepers to victory over all things he deems unholy and profane, mainly the irradiated creatures.

Backstory: Jeremiah grew up in Vault 62, and was part of the third and final generation to be born in it. He is the great grandson of the first Overseer of Vault 62, and as such was named the leader of the Gatekeepers. His life in Vault 62 wasn't very notable, but he was one of the main spreaders of the vampire folklore. After exiting the vault, he saw the cross overhead St. Louis Cathedral in the distance, and knew to move the vault residents to it. His crusades began when a ghoul attempted to enter the Cathedral of St. Louis. He completely disintegrated the "foul beast", and put its ashes in an urn which he displayed on the altar in the St. Louis Cathedral. He is the main priest of the Haven of St. Louis, and regularly converts citizens of Rat City. Unlike other people who want to purge all those who were tainted by radiation, he seeks only to slay all those who have been physically and behaviorally deformed by the radiation. Many Gatekeepers informally call him "St. Alexander", although he does not condone the calling of him it, as he believes he is not worthy of sainthood until he purges Louisiana of the foul beasts once and for all.

RP examples:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=323818
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326448

Anything else we should know?: Jeremiah is a smoker, and claims tobacco to be the very "gift of God."
If I'm not online, I'm probably playing something on my Xbox One, so bear with me.
Pro: Second Amendment, Patriotism, Space Exploration, Freedom, Life, America, Justice, Science, Conservatism, Economic Freedom, Industry, Capitalism, Libertarianism, Establishmentarianism, Manifest Destiny, 1950s America.
Anti: Leftism, Socialism, Religious Fundamentalism, Extreme Feminism, Censorship, Political Correctness, Fascism, Excessive Gun Control, Subsidies, Religious Extremism, Affirmative Action, Authoritarianism, Political Correctness.
I am a 14-year-old male with an ENTP-A personality, and I am a self-described Neo-Conservative. Live in Indiana, I'm an atheist, and I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Character Name: Désiré "D" Monet

Appearance: (Prefer not to, sorry. I like trying to describe characters) About 5"10, light brown hair which is about 3 inches long with the front spiked up naturally, green eyes, 172 lbs and in good condition (good stamina, good muscular:fat ratio and good muscles in general allowing him to survive for so long). Monet is about 24 years old and possesses a small beard around his face (from not shaving, but it's a good looking beard).

Equipment:

.308 Winchester Browning X-Bolt Hunter Rifle (A bunch of rounds scattered within his survival bag and his vest pockets. No counted number)
9x19mm SW SD9 Pistol (Possesses 4 16-round magazines)
Multipurpose Survival Knife
4 Stimpacks
2 Sleep Medication Tablets (Helps Monet sleep when the going gets tough)
1 800mL Reusable Canteen
120 Bottle Caps
2 Snares
1 Bear Trap
1 Ball of Twine

Skills:

From his time in the swamps of Louisiana (exaggeration, he doesn't usually go in there), Monet is a good hunter, being experienced to tracking, trapping and hunting animals and, if he needs to, people.
Monet is a good public speaker, able to make a point and get it across quickly and efficiently
Monet is self reliant on the environment, thanks to his hunting trips with his brothers, while sometimes he will go to civilization to search for items he cannot find in the wild alone
Monet, in his limited time in civilization, has had numerous uses for weapons against people. As a result he has moderately good weapons handling skills.

Personality:

Sarcastic, cold and calculating to most people he meets. The few he trusts and knows well, he can be warm and good natured as well as a joker sometimes. Due to the stress and conditions he is under, Monet suffers from sleep deprivation sometimes which usually results in frustration and anger being taken out on others.

Motives:

Monet does not possess a specific goal to achieve in Louisiana, instead his main focus is to survive the brutal conditions of the fallout, against anything that may come against him.

Backstory:

Monet's roots can be tracked back to the Acadian Deportation from New Brunswick, Canada where his ancestors made the trip down to Louisiana to start life anew. While the Acadians were not initially welcomed into Louisiana, Monet's ancestors managed to settle down and integrate into the local population. When he was born in a small village in northern Louisiana called North Point, Monet's parents insisted that the children were all taught French and English, regardless if they ever used French in the harsh outside environment of the world. As a result, Monet is bilingual, able to speak French and English fluently. As well, even though it was tough on the family's money, Monet's parents tried to have the typical French Canadian Catholic Family, a lot of children. Out of the 7 children who were born, only Monet, his two older brothers and younger sister have managed to survive into adulthood.

In their teenage years, Monet would usually traverse parts of the wilderness with his older brothers in search of food and interesting valuables. This started Monet's passion for the apocalyptic environment in Louisiana. Although he rarely visited the deadly swamps and groves, his interest and curiosity would eventually get the better of him.

When he was 19 years old, Monet was originally supposed to head West to Nevada to enlist in the ranks of the NRA for good pay alongside a few friends that he had made in Louisiana. That plan went down the drain a few days after they set out as they were ambushed by a group of raiders, who, after an extensive firefight between the travellers and the raiders, managed to overcome the group, killing two of the five members before they scattered. Monet managed to survive the encounter, fleeing to the south further into the depths of Louisiana. This was where Monet was struck with reality as he watched plenty of horrifying things make their way to him in hopes of killing and eating his body for a snack. It was also where Monet realized that he could not rely on the hopes of a civilization rebirth, and thus he began to live off the land, picking off wild animals and skinning, gutting and cutting them up for food and for trade in civilizations. He was what many called, a trapper, or what his enemies call, a poacher. Due to his good business supply to local merchants, Monet began to build up a local reputation around small villages as a survival trapper/, who survives and makes his pay off of the land. However, with the recent incursions of the Legion in his trapping territory has jeopardized his ways of living. It is something he cannot live for.

Neo-Chicago
Minister

Founded: Aug 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Chicago » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:09 pm

#area
Name of Region: The Chapel Bend (colloquially referred to as The Bend)
Submitted by: Neo-Chicago

Where is it located?: The ruined New Orleans neighborhoods of the French Quarter, Algiers Point, Marigny, Bywater, and the Far Eastern part of the Central Business District
What type of region is it?: Urban Swamp, buildings covered in vines, flooded, etc.

Describe the Region: The Chapel Bend got its name from the large number of churches, cathedrals and the like in the area. Encompassing the St. Louis Cathedral, the Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church, Mt. Olivet Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, Holy Angels Convent, Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos Parish, Greater Liberty Baptist Church, Timothy Trumpet of Truth, St. Paul Lutheran Church, and many others, it's probably safe to say that it is a region with one of the largest amounts of ruined churches in the wastes. Commonly referred to as Gatekeeper Country as they were the first group to lay claim to it, it features an uncommonly large number of ghouls, possibly due to proximity with the Old Pre-War Military Base, which is unfortunate for said ghouls considering the Gatekeepers refer to them as vampires and are very hostile towards them. Other features of this region include the ruins of WWOZ radio, which has been taken over by the Gatekeepers, the Bourbon Stretch, probably the most dangerous street in all of the Louisiana Wastes, the infamous Audubon Swampland, an area that was once an aquarium, but now is a habitat for deep sea creatures that have long since adapted to the swamps, and are now nightmarish predators, and The Cage, formerly Chartres-Pontchartrain Mental Hospital, now home to a fearsome group of mutated abominations that have bred and are consumed by psychosis, almost no longer even recognizable from when they were human.

Creatures:
#animal
Name of animal: Muckdweller

Where does it live?: Louisiana, mostly in the southern swamps but also heavily concentrated in the mideastern hardwood forests. Concentrated heavily around Scout Island, the ruins of Sorrento, Waterford 3 Nuclear Power Plant, and the heavily polluted and irradiated ruins of Garyville.
Is it dangerous?: Yes, although staying away from heavily concentrated areas helps. There’s usually always at least one or two in the vicinity of you in the swamps, though.
Is it Carnivorous?: Yes.

Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has: The Muckdweller has evolved to perfectly fit the irradiated swamps of Louisiana. They're thought to have originated from somewhere around Kilona, probably the nuclear power plant that’s in the area. All expeditions to the plant have provided inconclusive results, as most that have dared to explore it have either gone missing or have completely lost their minds, probably due to whatever it was they saw in the plant. Regardless of its origins, the Muckdweller is a hulking mass, cloaked in a tangled mass of vines and other swamp foliage. Although slow, these creatures are incredibly deadly, snapping a person in half with ease. They appear to use chunks of earth as a sort of armor, however it only makes them resistant to regular bullets. Muckdwellers are incredibly durable, usually only being able to be killed by some sort of explosion. Armor-piercing bullets are capable of piercing the thick shell-like armor of hardened mud and less-than-hardened mud in a pinch, however. Felling them with a laser rifle is possible, although it's extremely costly and is usually not worth the ammo it takes.
Their skin is somewhat resistant to normal bullets as well. The strategy of a Muckdweller is often to conceal itself, as the texture of its legs combined with the vines and plants covering in it make it possible for it to disguise as a tree. It is incredibly adept at silence on swamped terrain, but will not be likely to follow onto a road unless it has already been sighted. Muckdwellers are completely immune to radiation and other forms of pollution, as they were born from a swamp already heavily polluted. Not much else is known about the beast, except for the fact that it prefers to hunt during the night, but will attack any creatures it feels are intruding on its land, to protect its young.

#animal
Name of animal: Gutter

Where does it live?: Audubon Swampland, Mississippi River around the Chapel Bend
Is it dangerous?: Extremely so.
Is it Carnivorous?: Yes.

Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has: The Gutter, as it's now called after the butchering of its original name, the Gator, is a river creature known for its speed and jaw strength. Those bitten by the Gutter are injected with an incredibly lethal poison that is capable of killing within the hour. There is no known cure, and it is known to follow poisoned victims and feast on their remains, eating humans whole. There are several spike like bones jutting from the Gutter's back, and while their purpose is unknown, they are incredibly sharp and are known to cut to the bone if contacted. Tribals often use these bones for swords and other melee weapons. The creature has a lower jaw that extends farther, as its mouth is incapable of housing its four center teeth, the middle two which extend over half a foot. These teeth are primarily used as cutting instruments, and natives will often remove them to use for knives and blades. The gutter is also a land animal, and has feet with a rough circumference of one foot, somewhat ironically. It is built like a tank, and an odd feature of it is the fact that it can retract or protract its legs, two a maximum length of two feet. It is also capable of turning its head completely, however not around; rather, sideways, so it is essentially capable of inverting its head and vision. These are often mistaken for mangled corpses, and those who mistake it for that die fairly quickly.
Last edited by Neo-Chicago on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.
If I'm not online, I'm probably playing something on my Xbox One, so bear with me.
Pro: Second Amendment, Patriotism, Space Exploration, Freedom, Life, America, Justice, Science, Conservatism, Economic Freedom, Industry, Capitalism, Libertarianism, Establishmentarianism, Manifest Destiny, 1950s America.
Anti: Leftism, Socialism, Religious Fundamentalism, Extreme Feminism, Censorship, Political Correctness, Fascism, Excessive Gun Control, Subsidies, Religious Extremism, Affirmative Action, Authoritarianism, Political Correctness.
I am a 14-year-old male with an ENTP-A personality, and I am a self-described Neo-Conservative. Live in Indiana, I'm an atheist, and I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:27 pm

#area
Name of Region: "The Front"
Submitted by: Ontorisa

Where is it located?: Northern Louisiana/Southern Mississippi
What type of region is it?: A desert-like wasteland with plenty of ridges and valleys. On the flat plains however, there are oasis of fresh water with tress growing around them.

Describe the Region:

The Front, as it is nicknamed, is a main passage for travellers going from Louisiana to the Mississippi wasteland. It also possesses some of the most diverse animal species in all of Louisiana from the magnificent Backcush to the Selki. The Front, as much of a paradise as it sounds, is a harsh environment to survive in if one is not conditioned/guided/used to the difficult landscape of the region. At times, especially during the night when the Backcushes are at their most dangerous, the Front has claimed many lives of inexperienced drifters, traders, hunters and explorers. However, knowing the Front can be something that is extremely useful, able to traverse the valley, which at times becomes a labyrinth of canyons, streams and caves, and the surface, which is mostly nothing but desert-like plains with the occasional oasis of freshwater and trees.

Due to the severity and lack of willing guides, the Front has not been militarized due to the dangers of maintaining a force there due to the hostile wildlife and environment. As a result, the Front is mostly used as an entrance, exit and hunting ground for local hunters and poachers.

#animal
Name of animal: Backcush
Submitted by: Ontie

Where does it live?: The Front
Is it dangerous?: Very, especially during the night
Is it Carnivorous?: The Backcush is a carnivore.

Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has:

The Backcush is a prized hunting target for its fur, its meat and simply looking at how the Fallout has affected the Black Bear population of Louisiana. The Backcush has a fifth leg growing out of its chest and a small dark pink mushroom-like thing growing out of its forehead. During the daytime, the Backcush is harmless, navigating around the Front very slowly mostly by using its nose, its ears and its paws while having its hearing increase thrice-fold since it does not use its sight. During the nighttime however, the Backcush becomes a lighting fast predator, able to run long distances easily and hunting anything that is unlucky to be caught by it. Its hearing returns to normal, still sensitive but not as sensitive during the nighttime due to its sight being used as well. The sight of the Backcush is a thermal-like vision similar to that of a snake's, nullifying the handicap of darkness. The fear of this amazing predator is mostly light and loud noises like gunshots.

Overview:
- Sensitive hearing, especially during the daytime when the Backcush's vision is not used
- Strong, fast and a superb hunter during the nighttime
- Afraid of light and loud noises like gunshots
- Good using its nose, paws and ears to navigate during the daytime
- Tough to hunt
- Everything about it is valuable, especially the fur (sells for 200 caps/3 inches) and meat (400 caps/pound for the best meat, 180 caps/pound for the worst)

#animal
Name of animal: Jengal
Submitted by: Ontie

Where does it live?: The Front
Is it dangerous?: Alone, no, in packs, yes.
Is it Carnivorous?: The Jengal is an omnivore, mostly scavenging on its own. In packs however, they can take down almost anything, except for Backcushes.

Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has:

Jengals are similar to dogs, their appearance can be summed up as that. They travel in packs of nine to twelve strong and are strong jumpers as well as attracted to canned food (consider it to be their domestic sense). As well, Jengals are also inedible, eating meat of Jengals would probably infuriate more Jengals if one was to run into them, as cooked Jengal has a distinctive smell to it. Being a pack animal, Jengals hunt in packs, mostly during the daytime in surprise attacks, however, they can also hunt at night as well.

Overview:
- Fast, small and aggressive
- Pack animals, usually travel in packs of 9 to 12
- Attracted to canned food items that are opened
- Inedible, cooked Jengal has a specific smell to it attracting other Jengals who will attack on sight
- Valuable fur, which sells for 100 caps/3 inches
Last edited by Ontorisa on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Nationstates Name: Virenna

Faction name: The Southport Sweethearts

Faction Leader: Gideon "Le Comte" Roseville

Faction numbers: 111

40 prostitutes
20 boxers
37 paid thugs
14 actual members

Faction Bio:

One of the most powerful gangs of Vendetta, the Sweethearts control "the Southport"- the boardwalk and piers of the southern side of the ruined city. The gang earned its name when its founders, Gideon Roseville and his sister Vivian, first rose to prominence in the rough town through their many brothels; Gideon, a pugilist, quickly set up a boxing ring and gamblers' den as well, and soon the Sweethearts' turf became the hot spot for any wastelander looking to have a good time before losing their short lives to the brutal Morgan City streets. While wealthy, Gideon is careful to recruit only those he can deeply trust-though the Sweethearts hire many thugs to handle daily operations, actual membership in the gang is much more tight; the Sweethearts operate more like an exclusive club than the other more motley, open bands of the riverside town. The members of the gang are identified with the signature Sweetheart tattoo and it's said that they are generally secretive, seductive, and clever, much like their enigmatic leader.

The Rosevilles' ambitions know no bounds, and it's whispered that soon they'll be making moves to control the whole city.

Starting Location: Vendetta

Goals: To continue raking in cash and expand until all of former Morgan City is in Sweetheart control.

Character Name: Gideon Roseville, also referred to as "Le Comte" because of his great influence in Vendetta

Appearance:

Equipment:

-ballistic fist
-scoped .44 magnum (40 rounds of ammunition)
-black silk button-down shirt
-light beige dress pants
-brown leather shoes
-aviator sunglasses
-a bottle of whiskey
-800 caps

Skills: A good shot and a great boxer, Gideon is also intelligent and highly charismatic, always knowing just the right words to say to get what he wants.

Personality: Gideon is clever and calculating, calm and seductive, with a constant atmosphere of mystery and power about him. Despite never having lived in it, many people who've met him claim he "makes you think of the Old World...he's got that aura about him."

Motives: To expand his gang and power throughout Vendetta, and to protect his sister and their interests at all costs.
And to find his mother.

Backstory: While Gideon and his sister Vivian may be riding the waves of fortune now, it wasn't always this way. They were both born to a madame in one of the various rowdy bordellos of Vendetta, until her lover-their father- was killed in a petty squabble all too common in that wretched Sodom of the southern wastes. Although it was unconventional (but then again, what was conventional after the bombs fell?), Gideon and Vivian did have a semi-normal childhood because of the great love of their mother, who did everything she could to give the world to her children, always making sure there was food on the table and clothes on their backs, whispering to them ancient stories of exotic lands to drown out the cries and gunfire of the riverside boardwalk. She could even afford them some luxuries and basic literacy. Despite all the blood and the pain of Morgan City, they were happy. As happy as kids could be in those days, anyway.

Soon Gideon's mother found a new lover and just like that, again, he was taken from her-dead from a plague that swept through Vendetta in the bitter heat one summer. She was devastated, and although she promised her children she would one day return, she set off one day and never came back. Gideon and Vivian, recognizing they could be thrown out to the streets and destitute at any moment now, quickly took control of their mother's business and expanded as Gideon joined a fist-fighting pit and even whored himself out to earn extra cash and prevent Vivian from ever having to degrade herself.

Slowly, day by day, Gideon's influence grew, and he began to cultivate a reputation for himself in the Southport part of town. Everyone began to talk about him and seek out loans, favors, and advice; Gideon made sure to play rivals against each other and constantly work for his own advantage, acting swiftly and ruthlessly to put down threats. When people secretly sought him or his most trusted employees out, or were just simply heading down to one of the Rosevilles' now numerous brothels or boxing pits, they said they "were off to see my sweetheart." The name stuck, and as Gideon could afford security and all the perks of fine living, while finally taking complete control of Soutport, the Sweethearts, his closely weaved array of confidantes, lieutenants, and agents, took their place as one of the ascendant gangs of Morgan City, Gideon himself nicknamed "Le Comte", the Count.

Only his most trusted companion, Vivian, knows what he really seeks in the depths of his heart, because she shares this desire- to find out the fate of their long-vanished mother.

RP examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=271652
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=323643

Anything else we should know?: Gideon's Theme
Last edited by Virenna on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Character Name: Nuka-Cola Frankiler

Appearance:

Equipment:
1xR91 Assault Rifle
48x 5.56 Rounds
1xFrag Grenade
Binoculars
2x Cans of Beans n' Beef
1x Purified Water
Map of the region
Zippo
Roving trader outfit
Toolbox
Condems

Skills:
Fixing things: He can fix most any man made contraption, things from radios to engines to guns. If its been built, Nuka-Cola can fix it.
Perception: His Uncle Carburetor used to say "Dat boy can see through anything I tell ya what he got smarts man oh yes he do he can tell when you be lyin."

Personality: He has been described by many as a lunatic, and by others as a "pretty fun guy to be rownd ay tell yer what." If you get on his nerves, he might respond in kind with things like filling up your gas tank with Nuka-Cola or replacing your medications with water pills but for the most part if no serious harm was done, it will just be a big joke to him.

Motives: To protect Rat-rod town from bad people, to build awesome machines, and to just keep on living.

Backstory: His pappy, Sunset-Sarsaparilla was the head honcho of Rat-rod town, a large community of tribal in what used to be Grand Isle.When he was 15 however, his pap died in a drag racing accident, and a cat named Crankshaft took over the town for a while, as he was well respected as a top mechanic and with the best drag racing time and a nearly undefeated record. Four years later, Crankshaft retired and Nuka-Cola who had become a respected fighter and a good scavenger became "Head honcho"

RP examples: Burial in the Snow

Anything else we should know?: Nuka-Cola owns somewhat functioning hot-rod truck he built himself. And while its not necessarily a truck, more like a deathtrap, it still gets him places.

==============================='

Nationstates Name: Galter Gulcher

Faction name: Rat-Rod Town

Faction Leader: Nuka-Cola

Faction numbers: 117 People, with 98 Soldiers as the town fallows the ideology that everyone over 13 is a soldier. Full time guards account for about 23 people.

Faction Bio: The few people on Grand Isle who survived the initial months formed a community overtime, local bayou dwellers also immigrated to the island and helped the new community build its self up in exchange for taking . Town-Hall meetings were established and the towns sheriff and his deputies from before the war made sure order remained intact. What was left of the destroyed highway was destroyed and converted into levies at low lying points. A couple uninhabited houses were also converted into levies and the land used to farm.

Over the years, the town developed some unique traditions, like people building there own motorized vehicles to hold drag races with, witch eventually became the cities main form of entertainment, and all Grand Isle citizens became natural mechanics, this was do much so, that the city was renamed Rat-Rod Town by outsiders, then the locals adopted the name.

Grand Isle sees alot of trade from merchants travelling by boat around the Gulf, on one occasion a man came as far from Yucatan, and that caused a bit of stir. There are 12 boats located on the Island, and there owners frequently sail or motor them around, collecting scrap and trading as far as Providence or Rat City, and exploring the Bayou hunting Crocs or scavenging for valuable items in abandoned river side homes or beached ships. To do this, they have:
2x Steamboats, the S.S. Dukes Ploy (long lost sister ship of the Duchess Gambit) and the S.S. Comet.
2x Tugboats, the M/V Frog and the F/V Bayou Runner,the M/V Frog is currently however going under desperatley needed repairs for its hull and engine.
2x Skiffs, neither of them in fully working order.
1x Canoe, typically carried on board a SS as an auxiliary vessel.
5x Rowboats.

Starting Location: Grand Isle

Goals: Remain free from the outside, establish trade lines all over the Gulf and up the Mississippi.
Last edited by Galter Gulcher on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Faction

Nationstates Name: Krugmar

Faction name: The L'Auberge Syndicate

Faction Leader: Albert L'Auberge

Faction numbers: 45 Casino and Hotel workers - Civilians. Work in the Casino and Hotel in a variety of jobs.

25 L'Auberge Thugs - Low quality. They usually work in keeping the Casino running smoothly, though sometimes they do the dirty work behind the scenes. Ten are armed with .32 pistols, the other fifteen are armed with combat knives.

10 L'Auberge Security Guards - Medium Quality (Same level as average NCR soldier). They make sure that the Casino is safe, they are led by Chief Adams. They are all armed with assault rifles and 10mm pistols.

1 Chief Adams - High Quality. Former NCR ranger who deserted for reasons he has no disclosed, has worked for the L'Auberge Casino and Hotel for some time now. Armed with a combat shotgun.

3 Protectrons - Very low quality. Work as greeters and coat-takers at the entrance of the casino. Armed with inbuilt laser pistols for defence.

5 Mister Handies - Civilians. Four work as cleaners and helpers, with one named Mister Jeffrey being the personal butler to Albert. They are armed with a Flamethrower, but will only use it in defence.

Faction Bio: The L'Auberge Casino survived relatively well when the bombs dropped, it's generator was damaged but not beyond the point of repair. One of the first settlers of Providence, a man named Francis, found the L'Auberge casino relatively intact and decided to make it his own. He changed his name to François and started the 'Frenchification' of his family. He took the Casino's name as his own surname, and established a story about how his family had built it before the Great War. He used up all of his money and hired builders and technicians to rebuild the casino, getting it running and ready for business within the year.

The prospect of gambling and other vices brought in travelers from around Louisiana and elsewhere, possibly helping Providence to grow. The L'Auberge family established themselves as one of the leading families, with the head of the family always having a seat in the Council. The Casino has continued to grow, recently under Albert the section containing the hotel was repaired and opened up, allowing it to rival even the great casinos in New Vegas. The casino rarely respects the laws of Providence, all matter of crime is done inside it, though the authorities usually turn a blind eye.

Starting Location: Providence

Goals: To make as much profit as possible, to expand the L'Auberge business and to gain more political influence within Providence.

Characters

Character Name: Albert L'Auberge

Appearance: Albert

Equipment: A silenced 10MM pistol, switchblade.

Skills: Albert's expertise is in his charisma, he is often able to win over people to his way of thinking and barter good prices. Aside from this he is skilled in Small guns and Stealth.

Personality: Albert often puts on a charismatic, warm demeanor that can usually win people over. In reality he is a cold and brutal man, showing no mercy to anyone except his own family. He is cruel and willing to kill anybody who gets in his way.

Motives: To establish the L'Auberge families prominence in Providence, to expand the L'Auberge business, to eliminate any potential rivals, and to find his sister Ariane

Backstory: Albert was literally born and bred in the casino, the eldest son of Martin and Vanessa L'Auberge. He had a younger brother named Pierre and a younger sister named Ariane. His upbringing was relatively lonely, gaining little to no affection from his parents who were busy running the casino. He always fought with his more impulsive and hotheaded brother, until Pierre gave Albert reason to murder him. Martin and Vanessa covered up the murder, claiming that Pierre had simply run away into the wilderness. Albert's relationship with his parents grew more and more distant and hostile, until he could bear it no longer. He had the cook poison their meals, causing them to drop dead suddenly in the midst of dinner. Albert had the cook arrested and executed, using his family name to get his way. He was then easily elected to his father's seat on the Council.

Albert ran the casino with extreme efficiency, squeezing out as much profit as he could. He hired more thugs and established a permanent security force under Chief Adams. He is married to Cloe L'Auberge (formerly Chloe Fletch) and has a son around 15, Claude, and an 18 year old daughter, Emeline. He treats his children far better than his parents treated him, trying to make time for them as much as possible. Several years ago he had the hotel area of the casino refurbished and repaired and opened it for business. He and his family currently stay in the Penthouse suite of the casino. His younger sister Ariane was abducted around four months, Albert believes that she was taken by some of the tribals. He was deeply saddened by the kidnapping, Ariana having been the only family member he was close to, and has resolved to hire mercenaries to find her if she is still alive.

RP examples: Gaea

Character Name: Lieutenant SB-11 'Sawbones'

Appearance: He is now a certified Doctor

Equipment: Plasma Caster, Flamethrower, Surgey Saw (all inbuilt).

Skills: Initially programmed as a soldier, Sawbones has excellent skill in dismembering, disintegrating and scorching. Due to the scribes interference, he is also now skilled in Medicine and Surgey and is still very upset about this.

Personality: His programming as a Mister Gusty means that he is a stereotypical patriotic American soldier. Time spent doing a job he hates however has left him moody and sarcastic, though no less patriotic and willing to kill.

Motives: To kill all Commies, to protect America, heal all the wounded he finds, to find a way to stop healing all the wounded he finds and last, but certainly not least, to remove those damned red crosses the Brotherhood painted on to him.

Backstory: Sawbones was commissioned in 2075 as a new range of Mister Gutsies were needed to keep order back home in America. He was never deployed to the front lines, instead working with the national guard to keep the general populace in order. He was damaged in late 2077 and taken to the Pentagon where they were to extract the footage of the riot that damaged him. He was partially repaired, able to boot up his systems in time to witness the bombs drop. He survived the bombing, being in one of the lower levels which were generally sheltered from the direct hits, though the radiation killed the officials and scientists with him.

He sat in that small room for almost 200 years, keeping himself sane by watching clips of the Great War and the riots and shutting himself down for long periods of time. He was eventually found by the Brotherhood of Steel and was fully repaired. He was reactivated and was set to work guarding the facility. 17 years before his freedom, he was shocked by an overloading generator which created several errors within his programming. He had the capacity to learn anything, yet his behavioral limitations remained. He hid his new intelligence from the Brotherhood when they set him to work as a medic bot, though he could not hide his incompetence caused by his intended use for killing, not healing. It was after he sawed off one of the scribes arms when she had simply broken it that the Brotherhood finally decided to do something about him. Several scribes were assigned to fix the faulty Gutsy and were successful.

They removed the behavioral limiters still shackling Sawbones, though this inadvertently removed the loyalty programming they had added in. He continued treating patients, far more efficiently now, for several weeks until he saw his chance to escape. Unfortunately on his travel out of the Capital he was shot at by some of the local Super Mutants, one of his eye stalks is now damaged. He has since traveled a great distance, making sure to stay away from the Citadel forever. He has recently arrived in Louisiana, ready to kill some communist mutants and perform some botched surgeries.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Name of animal: Devil Gator
Submitted by: SaintB

Where does it live?: Swamps, rivers, lakes, and bayous.
Is it dangerous?: Yes
Is it Carnivorous?: Yes

Describe the animal and any unusual traits or abilities it has: The devil gator is a rare type of mutated alligator that haunts the wetlands of Louisiana. The scales on top of their heads by their eyes have grown outward to form a pair of distinct hornlike shapes which is where their name comes from. Devil gators behave like their normal cousins but they are much bigger; often between 25 to 40 feet long, they have tougher hides, greater strength, and often give off enough radiation to cause radiation sickness if someone sticks around too long.
Despite the danger devil gator hunting can be a lucrative gamble for the skilled or foolhardy. Devil gator hides are thick and tough and can be tanned into a bullet resistant leather almost as tough as combat armor and some tribes stretch it over old world hubcaps to make excellent shields. Devil gator teeth are used to make weapons as well, the best warriors in the Amazon tribe often use clubs that are studded with rows of the teeth as weapons and javelins and arrows tipped by the smaller ones. Even the 'horns' are valuable as decorations, but all the parts first need to be treated with Rad-Away or extract from the wand blackroot before they are safe to use. Devil gator meat is inedible because of the radioactivity.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Name of Plant: Wand Blackroot
Submitted by: SaintB

Where does it live?: Brightly lit areas around marshes, ponds, creeks, and rivers.
Is it dangerous?: No
What kind of plant is it?: Flower/Root

Describe the plant and any unusual traits or abilities it has: The wand blackroot is a plant that can grow as high as 5 feet tall that is native to Louisiana and Texas marshlands. Its identified by its dark green leaves with white smooth almost furry bottoms and by its flowers that grow at the top from tube-like growths at the end of its stalk. Perhaps unsurprisingly wand blackroot's roots are the valuable part of plant as they can be boiled in water to create a tea that helps relieve the symptoms of radiation, it has the same effect when chewed but also causes violent stomach pains.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Canon Flora and Fauna

Big Horner: Big horners came down from ol' Arkansas and Texas and while not common in the wild there are a couple large herds in the hills of Texarcana. The domesticated population far exceeds the wild one with ranchers in Texarcana, Crossroads, and the prairie of Arcadiana all raising big horner for their meat and hides.

Brahmin: The Brahmin is the most common domesticated animal in the Child of the Mississippi and can be found in every region even outnumbering dogs. The lion's share of of our fine beef comes from the plains of Arcadiana where the brahmin outnumber the people!

Giant Mantis: The mantis is a common pest in the forests of Crossroads, Texarcana, and The Florida Parishes. They also occasionally show up in the bogs of the Big Easy. They steer clear of Arcadiana for some reason though.

Punga Fruit: A domesticated version of this fruit was brought to the docks of Rat City from traders in Florida who claimed they got it from Maryland. Some farmed it for a while but it never took but the damn things now grow wild all over the Big Easy and into the western part of Arcadiana.

Night Stalkers: Less than a decade ago these monsters just showed up in Texarcana probably crossing over from the desert in Texas. If you can believe it these things are worse than jengals and have taken over as the chief predator in the region. So far they haven't pressed farther south.

Spore Plant and Spore Carrier: Crawdaddy has no idea how they got here, sometimes even the plants want to eat you. While the Big Easy and Arcadiana's wetlands are exactly lousy with them the fact that they even exist is bad enough.

Giant Leech: Welcome to the bayou, you'll find these anywhere and everywhere there are swamps... so anywhere and everywhere.

Parlingua: Crawdaddy has heard they call them deathclaws everywhere else but what do they know? You can find these guys anywhere you don't want to be.

Mirelurks: The Cajun Country varieties are descended from crawdads, snapping turtles, and catfish.

Bloatflies, Giant Ants, Giant Rat, Mole Rat, Radroaches: Because those things are everywhere.

Happy trails baby;
Crawdaddy
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse