NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Louisiana Blues | OOC | Dead | Final Post Pending

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where do you want the next installment to be set? You can choose two.

Poll ended at Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Omaha Nebraska
No votes
Saint Louis Missouri
7%
Hawaiian Islands
20%
Portland Oregon
13%
Southern Florida
13%
Detroit Michigan
33%
Charlotte North Carolina
13%

Total votes : 15

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SaintB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Tayner wrote:
SaintB wrote:I meant for use in this RP, its way too contemporary by like 40 years.

I'm a radio DJ, contemporary music pays my fucking bills lol. I have nothing against it.

So no Johnny Cash?

I already played some Johnny Cash with Crawdaddy actually. Anything before 1965 is fair game.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:25 pm

SaintB wrote:
Tayner wrote:So no Johnny Cash?

I already played some Johnny Cash with Crawdaddy actually. Anything before 1965 is fair game.

Did you? I didn't catch it. Darn. My musical timeline isn't good, but I'm gonna ask, any good Elvis songs?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Tayner wrote:
SaintB wrote:I already played some Johnny Cash with Crawdaddy actually. Anything before 1965 is fair game.

Did you? I didn't catch it. Darn. My musical timeline isn't good, but I'm gonna ask, any good Elvis songs?

There might be a few Elvis songs that re blues and meet the timeline.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:30 pm

SaintB wrote:
Tayner wrote:Did you? I didn't catch it. Darn. My musical timeline isn't good, but I'm gonna ask, any good Elvis songs?

There might be a few Elvis songs that re blues and meet the timeline.

Ok.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Tayner wrote:
SaintB wrote:There might be a few Elvis songs that re blues and meet the timeline.

Ok.

Heart break hotel maybe.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Shadyrya
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:28 pm

As someone relatively unfamiliar with the Fallout universe, what kind of tone will this roleplay have? Is the focus more on survival or action?
Shad :)

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Shadyrya wrote:As someone relatively unfamiliar with the Fallout universe, what kind of tone will this roleplay have? Is the focus more on survival or action?

That depends on how you want to play your character or faction.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Okay, so I could make a character focused on realism and survival and no one would have a problem. Sounds good, I'll be making an app.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Character Name: Makai Butler

Appearance: Makai. Around six foot, 180 pounds. Wearing faded khaki jeans, military boots, a black t-shirt and a jacket something like Denzel Washington's in the Book of Eli.

Equipment: Backpack something like this, a belt knife, a Swiss army knife, a hatchet, a .38 special magnum with 17 bullets, a week's worth of food/water, a tarp, and a bandanna.

Skills: Agile and quick. Good common sense. Good brawler both with his fists and his knife. Literate. Great sense of direction. Resilient.

Weaknesses: Bad shot. Too trusting.

Personality: Makai is a pretty alright guy. He can be arrogant sometimes, but generally he has a laid back demeanor and likes to help out. He isn't one for acting tough and tries to keep his chill with everyone. Makai isn't good at resolving conflicts but he generally never starts them.

Motives: Makai just wants to survive and enjoy himself the best he can.

Backstory: WiP :(.

RP examples: Give me a moment and I'll pull a couple up, I just recently (15 minutes ago, haha) revived this account.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Shadyrya wrote:Character Name: Makai Butler

Appearance: Makai. Around six foot, 180 pounds. Wearing faded khaki jeans, military boots, a black t-shirt and a jacket something like Denzel Washington's in the Book of Eli.

Equipment: Backpack something like this, a belt knife, a Swiss army knife, a hatchet, a .38 special magnum with 17 bullets, a week's worth of food/water, a tarp, and a bandanna.

Skills: Agile and quick. Good common sense. Good brawler both with his fists and his knife. Literate. Great sense of direction. Resilient.

Personality: Makai is a pretty alright guy. He can be arrogant sometimes, but generally he has a laid back demeanor and likes to help out. He isn't one for acting tough and tries to keep his chill with everyone. Makai isn't good at resolving conflicts but he generally never starts them.

RP examples: Give me a moment and I'll pull a couple up, I just recently (15 minutes ago, haha) revived this account.

Hrm. I remember you from somewhere.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:10 pm

Republic of Coldwater wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:Nationstates Name: Republic of Coldwater

Faction name: Lord's Rangers

Faction Leader: Ambrose Winfield (Will make application)

Faction numbers: The Lord's Rangers are a small, but effective force of 150 personnel. 100 of the people are Combatants, namely Rangers, who are equipped with repeaters and a revolver for good measure, and wear their distinctive hats, leather armor and rebreathers. The Rangers are small in number, and usually operate in two men fireteams, where they undertake vigilante justice and their other goals. The other 50 people are 30 engineers, who fix and produce weapons, 12 medical personnel, who tend to the wounds, and 8 religious personnel, who are tasked with preaching to the other personnel, and also to spread Christianity.

Faction Bio:
From Vault 88 came a group of people who were children of military veterans and paranoid anti-government religious fanatics, Vault 88 had a precarious history, with violent power struggles, and goals over what can be done. In the midst of the malaise in the region, a group of 22 men left the Vault in search of a better place to live in. Equipped no more than a few repeaters and revolvers, the men ventured out into the irradiated wasteland. In the beginning, they dwindled in numbers, mainly from the unfamiliar and fearsome fauna of the mutated swampland, but a few raiders and other forces.

Soon, the men of Vault 88 arrived in a area in what was once a Prairie. Needing to settle down, they did, and used the wood from the forest to build their small settlement. Soon, more joined into the small settlement, and many were allowed in, but those who didn't convert to Christianity in time were killed. The town was then named after the third book of the Bible, Leviticus.

Leviticus now acts as the main hub of the Lord's Rangers, but also as a home for many unaffiliated individuals, and from here, the Lord's Rangers act out Vigilante Justice, and also try their best to spread Christianity to the people of Louisiana.

Starting Location: A small town named Leviticus, 50 miles west of Defiance in the Prairie

Goals: Be a force of justice and law and order for the people of Louisiana, Instill Christianity to the populace, Wipe out any other religions

Character Name: Ambrose Winfield

Appearance:

Equipment: Leather Armor .45-70 Repeater .357 Revolver Breathing Mask Hat

Skills: Marksmanship, Hunting, Living off the land, Leadership

Personality: Ambrose is best described as an ambitious, somewhat naive man with a medium temper. He is known by his men for being a dedicated person who would go to great lengths to accomplish his goals, and would dream quite big, which has been to his service and detriment in the past.

Motives: Ambrose was indoctrinated with Christian Supremacism, and as a result, his main motive for running the Lord's Rangers is to spread Christianity and to wipe out or convert what he refers as "Infidels", which are those who adhere to other religions.

Backstory: Ambrose Winfield was born in the sectional Vault 88. One side were the descendants of military veterans, and the other side were descendants of religious fanatics, which were constantly at odds with each other. Winfield was born to the religious sect, and as a result, he was indoctrinated with Dominionism and militant Christian supremacy, and was known for fighting with non-christians in his childhood. Despite his contempt for non-christians, the precariousness of the Vault made him resent the Vault even more. As a result, he mustered some 25 men, and on one eerily quiet dawn, his group ditched the Vault, and went to the swampland.

In the beginning, Winfield's men withered as a result from the seemingly unpredictable fauna in the region. Soon, his men went down to 12 people, and by then, they reached a prairie, which they found suitable land for settling down. They took wood from the forests and constructed a city out of it. Soon, the town grew, and most were conscripted into the Lord's Rangers, a new organization founded by Winfield to instill Christianity to the people of Louisiana and undertake Vigilante justice. Now, the town is sized at 220 men, 150 of which are members of the Lord's Rangers, and it is one of the most religious towns in the area, having a large church, and being named after Leviticus, the third book of the Holy Bible.

RP examples:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=319053&
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327543&p=23178048#p23178048
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=326638&

Anything else we should know?:

May someone review my applications?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Elerian does faction apps, I'm also really busy working on an RP of my own or Id at least take a look for you, I might later tonight.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Character Name: Ambrose Winfield

Appearance:

Equipment: Leather Armor .45-70 Repeater .357 Revolver Breathing Mask Hat

Skills: Marksmanship, Hunting, Living off the land, Leadership

Personality: Ambrose is best described as an ambitious, somewhat naive man with a medium temper. He is known by his men for being a dedicated person who would go to great lengths to accomplish his goals, and would dream quite big, which has been to his service and detriment in the past.

Motives: Ambrose was indoctrinated with Christian Supremacism, and as a result, his main motive for running the Lord's Rangers is to spread Christianity and to wipe out or convert what he refers as "Infidels", which are those who adhere to other religions.

Backstory: Ambrose Winfield was born in the sectional Vault 88. One side were the descendants of military veterans, and the other side were descendants of religious fanatics, which were constantly at odds with each other. Winfield was born to the religious sect, and as a result, he was indoctrinated with Dominionism and militant Christian supremacy, and was known for fighting with non-christians in his childhood. Despite his contempt for non-christians, the precariousness of the Vault made him resent the Vault even more. As a result, he mustered some 25 men, and on one eerily quiet dawn, his group ditched the Vault, and went to the swampland.

In the beginning, Winfield's men withered as a result from the seemingly unpredictable fauna in the region. Soon, his men went down to 12 people, and by then, they reached a prairie, which they found suitable land for settling down. They took wood from the forests and constructed a city out of it. Soon, the town grew, and most were conscripted into the Lord's Rangers, a new organization founded by Winfield to instill Christianity to the people of Louisiana and undertake Vigilante justice. Now, the town is sized at 220 men, 150 of which are members of the Lord's Rangers, and it is one of the most religious towns in the area, having a large church, and being named after Leviticus, the third book of the Holy Bible.

RP examples:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... &t=319053&
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p23178048
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... &t=326638&

Anything else we should know?:

May someone review my applications?

Sorry for the wait. You're gonna need to reduce the population down to at least 200 or lower.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Elerian wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:May someone review my applications?

Sorry for the wait. You're gonna need to reduce the population down to at least 200 or lower.

Edited

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:18 pm

Elerian wrote:

Edited

It includes the town. Anyone in your faction, and or under your control counts into the two hundred limit.

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Elerian wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:Edited

It includes the town. Anyone in your faction, and or under your control counts into the two hundred limit.

Check the character app, down to 200.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Elerian wrote:

Check the character app, down to 200.

Mkay, you're free to post.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:58 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Character Name: Makai Butler

Haha yeah, we did a couple roleplays together in late '13 or so believe. The one I remember in particular was a nation one you made that had a wonderful premise and rule set.

Edit: On the subject of a birth, I believe?
Last edited by Shadyrya on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:

Haha yeah, we did a couple roleplays together in late '13 or so believe. The one I remember in particular was a nation one you made that had a wonderful premise and rule set.

Ah, yes, you're correct. Ah, that was a pretty good RP. I remember looking for you when I was going to do a revival, but I never got around to it because there wasn't enough interest.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Haha yeah, we did a couple roleplays together in late '13 or so believe. The one I remember in particular was a nation one you made that had a wonderful premise and rule set.

Ah, yes, you're correct. Ah, that was a pretty good RP. I remember looking for you when I was going to do a revival, but I never got around to it because there wasn't enough interest.

I would love if you could get one off the ground.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Ah, yes, you're correct. Ah, that was a pretty good RP. I remember looking for you when I was going to do a revival, but I never got around to it because there wasn't enough interest.

let us know when your app is done for this one.

Shadyrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:30 pm

SaintB wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:

let us know when your app is done for this one.

Was planning on doing so.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby SaintB » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm thinking of making a faction app for the Louisiana Regulators but probably not until Rocky actually starts trying to establish them. For now its plugger chasing time.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm waiting for shit to happen at Vendetta. I haven't posted in a wile.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:23 pm

SaintB wrote:I'm thinking of making a faction app for the Louisiana Regulators but probably not until Rocky actually starts trying to establish them. For now its plugger chasing time.

TG me when you need me for that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse