NATION

PASSWORD

New Imperialism - AH RP v 2.1 [OOC, Signup]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How fun is this RP?

The best, or nearly the best
22%
Among some of the much better ones
38%
Somewhere above average
16%
Pretty decent; not bad
No votes
Not so great; seen better
2%
Really not much
5%
Not at all, whatsoever
19%

Total votes : 64

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Allen keep in mind that Calt has that chunk of India.

Carathon
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carathon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Paketo wrote:allen, i feel like that since i worship Zeus, Pontus, apollo etc, you are gonna have too much fun causing stuff in my nation as the will of the gods :p

:P huehue
Aldelxane wrote:Are the Maldives claimed? That'd probably be a good use of land claims for a mercantile nation bordering the Indian Ocean.

They're claimed by Britty.
Carathon wrote:
I believe Luna, who had the Crusader State reserved, dropped the Holy Land for some South American country. I'm confused about rather if Cyrenaica is claimed or not, because I heard contradictory statements about the Greek guy's claims. I'll drop Socotra, and the Sahara is almost completely unhabitated, and only colored on the map because the Pastoral nomads who live there pay a vague sort of suzerainty to Alexandria, is de-jure claimed by Aegpytus and quite frankly simply looks better on the map.

Lunas dropped it in favour of someone else taking over, I thought. Cyrenaica is claimed; all Greek colonies were dropped other than Cyrenaica. And that's actually much of the reason I asked you to drop :p if you look at an de facto control maps from before the 1900s, you'll find that the Sahara's geographical borders always defined control. here is one example; you can see that it's very much the local climate that defines the borders, and the Sahara is unclaimed. You can de jure claim them, but in reality, no state society is going to be maintain any sort of valid control there for quite some time, and since we'll be passing into the era when control (at least by Europeans) does become possible, the map needs to represent de facto control, at least in Africa.

Ah fair enough. I'll ask Lunas about the middle east, but a shame about Cyrenaica, I suppose.
I am from the United States, just so you know.

Male.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I'm checking over now.

Would you be willing to cut back in Afghanistan and the Caucasus, and get more in India and the -stans?

http://i.imgur.com/ZRwhAe6.png

Like this?

Get more in the -stans, you'd take Turkmenistan and some of Uzbekistan & Kazakhstan. And less in India (from that map) since you've extended into Calt's territory. But roughly like that, yeah.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZRwhAe6.png

Like this?

Get more in the -stans, you'd take Turkmenistan and some of Uzbekistan & Kazakhstan. And less in India (from that map) since you've extended into Calt's territory. But roughly like that, yeah.

http://i.imgur.com/zRXccEC.png ???
I'm really tired

Aldelxane
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldelxane » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Since the Maldives are claimed by Britain, I'll likely need to ally with them so that my merchant ships can resupply at the Maldives on the way to trade with India and the rest of Southeast and East Asia.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Last day of school today, I'll have more time for this roleplay hopefully.

Sabara
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm

What's open?
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Alleniana wrote:@NGC, take Alsace-Lorraine and the rest of the Rhineland and get rid of that enclave in the south, thrice-kurwa. The dot (whose name I forget) in the south sort of implies a disunited south Germany. And France doesn't want nor own Alsace-Lorraine.
Aldelxane wrote:I guess that works. I'll try to pull back as much as possible while still keeping a toehold in Kenya, to make sure that the Europeans can't colonize the entire thing before I can expand.

Should be fine. If you just take ethnically Somali lands, it's a-ok.

Crap, that means a bigger French frontier.Hohenzollern is an essential part of Prussia. Nvm

One prov? Does Morocco count as one prov?
Last edited by The Khedive on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Pacificana Islands
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificana Islands » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Who's that Caucasus region going to?

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Pacificana Islands wrote:Who's that Caucasus region going to?

Whatever that Russian state to the north is. Maybe. I have to like my gains in the stans before I officially cede it.
I'm really tired

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:10 pm

The Khedive wrote:
Alleniana wrote:@NGC, take Alsace-Lorraine and the rest of the Rhineland and get rid of that enclave in the south, thrice-kurwa. The dot (whose name I forget) in the south sort of implies a disunited south Germany. And France doesn't want nor own Alsace-Lorraine.

Should be fine. If you just take ethnically Somali lands, it's a-ok.

Crap, that means a bigger French frontier. Sigmaringen is an essential part of Prussia.

no hohenzollern sigmaringen k

no, one Vicky 2 prov. :P And not in North Africa. Consider some bit of grain/gold/ivory/slave coast.

The Khedive
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Khedive » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Khedive wrote:
Crap, that means a bigger French frontier. Sigmaringen is an essential part of Prussia.

no, one Vicky 2 prov. :P And not in North Africa. Consider some bit of grain/gold/ivory/slave coast.

But if I colonised earlier I would be allowed to have more than one?
A tug springs at the strings from Seljuq Kyiv.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Khedive wrote:

Allen, I don't want to cede Crimea for some shit ass Stan lands. http://i.imgur.com/zRXccEC.png
I'm really tired

Sabara
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Have any part of the British Isles been claimed?
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

Pacificana Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificana Islands » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Whatever that Russian state to the north is. Maybe. I have to like my gains in the stans before I officially cede it.

So...me? :p

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Khedive wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Wittelsbach_Arms.svg/2000px-Wittelsbach_Arms.svg.png

Wittlesbach>Hohenzollern
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Pacificana Islands wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Whatever that Russian state to the north is. Maybe. I have to like my gains in the stans before I officially cede it.

So...me? :p

I thought that was TNL
I'm really tired

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Application

Name: Nestorian Empire
Symbols: Georgian Cross, Nestorial Eagle
Claims: Orange
Power: Secondary Power, if only for lack of colonies

Government Structure: Theocratic Constitutional Monarchy. The Divine Writ, a Codex of Religious based Laws and Rights forms the Constitution of the nation. The Imperator, elected from the Descendants of Nestorius by the Council of Patriarchs, is also the head of the Nestorian Church of the East. As Patriarch of Nestorius, he wields vast religious power. As Emperor, he also wields great secular political power. The Council of Patriarchs mostly handles Church-related issues, and is independent of the Secular Government. However, they also form the Judicial portion of the government, and can review laws passed by the Assembly that they deem immoral and have them rewritten or revoked. Imperial Writs can not be reviewed by the Council, but by the Assembly, which is elected by district from the Nestorian and Old Eastern Church Male population. Likewise, the Imperator can propose Writs base don the will of the Council. The day to day dealings of the Empire are largely Secular, though a few offices, like the Office of Approved Religions, is Religious in nature.
Ideology/Policy: Nestorian Christianity, Divine Right of Nestor, Expansionism. Generally speaking, Christian Nations are Good Nations and will be treated diplomatically, Muslim Nations are all enemies and must be destroyed, and Pagan Nations are not really nations.
Leaders: Patriarch of Nestorius and Imperator Yusuf Nestorius, Assemblymen John Brown, Council Patriarch Tamar Nezerene
Capital City: Nestorius(Tehran)

Population: ~50,000,000 (Assuming very little mongol devastation in the 12th-13th Century)
Primary Ethnic Group: No Dominant Ethnicity
Minority Ethnic Groups:(Majority) Persian, Georgian, Kurdish
Description of Ethnicity: IRL Persian, substitute Nestorian for Islam
Language: Nesserese, a merger of Persian and Latin
Religion: Nestorian Church of the East

Foreign Relations: Good Relations with most of it's neighbors, sans the Crusader States and Arabia.
Military Information: A large and well trained mixed conscript-volunteer force. This is due to the spread out nature of the Empire, with various isolated land borders and many enemies located along the peripherals. The navies of the Caspian, Azov, and Black Sea Fleets are composed of older iron armored sailing ships and monitors. The Indian Ocean Navy is composed of a few battleships, cruisers, and frigates. The Hormuz Fleet is composed of Cruisers and Monitors. The Army utilizes both cavalry and infantry, with the steppe heritage of parts of the Empire providing excellent horse and rider for the Light Cavalry. Heavy Cavalry is uncommon, but Dragoons are, due to the large nature of the Empire. Light Infantry, Skirmishers, and Scouts are a goodly portion of the Army, while the rest fight in traditional European Fashion. The Gardner Gun and Gatling Guns are now in widespread usage, and 75mm and 150mm Artillery is provided organically to most Battalions.
Army Size: 300,000 men in four Armies.
-75,000 Army of Iraq
-75,000 Army of Persia
-50,000 Army of Caucuses
-100,000 Eastern Army
Navy Size: 100,000 men, including Naval Infantry, in Five Fleets
25,000 men in Naval Infantry and Support(Bases, Hosptials, etc)
15,000 Indian Fleet
15,000 Black Sea Fleet
10,000 Hormuz Fleet
5,000 Caspian Flotilla
5,000 Azov Flotilla

Economic Policy: State Distributionist Capitalism. Domestic Companies still dominate, though Foreign companies are allowed into the country, if and only if Nestorian Companies are allowed into that company's country under the same terms. Outside of the major industries, most companies operate under distributionist
Economic Situation: Stabilizing growth after a crash in the 70's and a meteoric growth period from 75-78. The Manufacturing sector is flourishing, and the rise in manufactring has lead to a rise in mining and and an increase in Infrastructure. There are several National Railroads now.
Infrastructure: Railroads connect most major cities and major mining towns. A canal system in Mesopotamia and Irrigation system has increased fertility and production there. Roads do exist, but most national travel is by rail road.
Imports & Exports: Imports: Textiles, Advanced Machined Components Exports: Raw Materials, Manufactured Goods, Foodstuffs, Oil, Petrochemicals
Currency: Denatus

History:
Pre-Imperial Era

65AD - The Church of the East spreads into Persia
101AD - The Church has gained a large following, and the Persians, eager to weaken Christianity and the West, allow them autonomy in a small northern village called Tehran.
317AD - The Ecclesiastical Diocese of Tehran becomes the Patriarchy of Tehran.
466AD - Nestorians flee to Tehran for asylum from the condemning Latin Church
523AD - Nestorian Christianity and the Church of the East merge into the Nestorian Church of the East. Tehran is renamed Nestorius, Nestorius' son Nestor declaring himself Prince of the Nestoria and Patriarch of Nestorius.

Imperial Era-

525AD - Civil War erupts in the Sassanid Empire. The Ecclesiastical Diocese of Nestorius declares independence, and with the significant christian majority and Nestorian Plurality in the north, manages to hold off both sides.
526-535 - The newly christened Nestorian Empire holds off the war torn Sassanids.
536 - Sassanids collapse, dozens of small kingdoms arise in their place.
540-580 The Nestorian Empire slowly expands north into Georgia and Immenti.
595 - Nestori II dies without a heir, Civil War ensues between the Eastern Rite Nestorians(Nestorians who merged with the Eastern Church and believe the Patriarch can be anyone of Nestorius Family) and the Old Nestorians(Who believe that only Nestor's direct male descendant can be Patriarch)
599 - Eastern Rite Nestorians win, Old Rite's die out. Yusuf Nestoxi becomes Patriarch, he is from a Cadet Branch and of both Latin/Byzantine and Sassanid descent.
615 - Conquest of Qom
750 - First Islamic-Nestorian War ends with Nestorian defeat at Ectabana
750 -1150 - Islamic Nestorian Wars end with the Siege of Basra and Sack of Mecca. Islam is split politically between India and Anatolia/Arabia. Seljuks raided and migrated in the ensuring chaos in the mid 1000's.
1200-1300 Mongol Invasions. Southern Persia is conquered, along with Oriental Sassania. The Nestorians hold the Mongols at the Qom in the south and at Tbilisi to the North.
1334 - The subsequent Mongol collapse and resurgence of islam leads to a series of new conflicts. By this time, Nestorianism and Islam have all but dominated the area.
1350-1460 Second Islamic-Nestorian Wars. The Nestorian Empire takes Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain,and Qatar. Ends with the Ottomans shifting attention to Europe and Nestoria shifting attentions to the East.
1489 - Nestor Maxis III, nephew of the current Patriarch, is killed in Istanbul by thugs. Pure coincidence, but it sours relations between the Empires.
1550 - Islamic Revolt in Southern Sassania. Put down brutally.
1650-1750 - A series of wars with Arabia, mostly victories for Nestoria.
1764 - Conquest of Crimea
1801 - Industrial Revolution
1810 - Rebellion in Pakila. Put down.
1865 - Conquest of Smikhanate.
1872 - Launch of the first battleship, the HNESS Nestorius
Miscellaneous: All Hail Nestor
RP Example: NI
Last edited by The Holy Dominion of Inesea on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm really tired

Pacificana Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificana Islands » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Pacificana Islands wrote:So...me? :p

I thought that was TNL

Im Russia, TNL is some Slavic country. He won't be able to get to it after I invade eastern Ukraine anyway. :p

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Alleniana wrote:Get more in the -stans, you'd take Turkmenistan and some of Uzbekistan & Kazakhstan. And less in India (from that map) since you've extended into Calt's territory. But roughly like that, yeah.

http://i.imgur.com/zRXccEC.png ???

Yeah, like that. I'll show you an edited version.

Largely to Persia, and some to Ruthenia. You'll have a decent portion too, though.

The Khedive wrote:
Alleniana wrote:no hohenzollern sigmaringen k

No. The French have 2 or 3, I can't tell, the Dutch have 1, the British have 4 (under direct control), the Portuguese have... 8-ish? Scandinavia has 1. Nobody else has any IIRC.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:http://i.imgur.com/zRXccEC.png ???

Largely to Persia, and some to Ruthenia. You'll have a decent portion too, though.

The Khedive wrote:

No. The French have 2 or 3, I can't tell, the Dutch have 1, the British have 4 (under direct control), the Portuguese have... 8-ish? Scandinavia has 1. Nobody else has any IIRC.

Yo.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:http://i.imgur.com/zRXccEC.png ???

The Khedive wrote:

Truthfully, I'd like one part of Crimea.
I'm really tired

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Mangjukoia wrote:How's this now that I've done some editing to it.

Application

Name: Greater Japanese Empire
Symbols: Rising Sun and Chrysanthemum
Claims: Island of Hokkaido and Southern Sakhalin
Power: Small Power

Government Structure: The government is a single-party state with an “allegiance” towards the [Insert Power Here], focused more on keeping order and peace, while at the same time, secretly plotting to take back Japan. The people are relatively uncompressed, focusing on building it’s economy, military, and state.
Ideology/Policy: Nationalist, Expansionist, and partially Militarist
Leaders: General Kobo Fukunaga
Capital City: Sapporo

Population: 600,000
Primary Ethnic Group: Japanese, Ainu, and [Insert Power’s People Here]
Minority Ethnic Groups: Chinese, and Korean
Description of Ethnicity: Japanese and Ainu
Language: Japanese, Ainu, and [Insert Power’s Language Here]
Religion: Shinto and/or Buddhism are the majority, freedom of religion is allowed.

Foreign Relations: The Greater Japanese Empire is fairly isolationist and a protectorate/puppet state to the [Insert Power Here].
Military Information: The military is small and holds their traditional sense.
Army Size: 9,000
Navy Size: 600 (Using small junk ships)

Economic Policy: The major economies such as industry are nationalized. Most other economies are private. All economies are small though.
Economic Situation: The economy is small, but growing.
Infrastructure: Slightly mediocre at best. Police stations are stationed on every few kilometers away from each other on roads. Architecture is mostly traditional everywhere. Roads are the core connecting the island.
Imports & Exports:
Exports: Pottery, Swords, Jade, Textiles, Art
Imports: Weapons, Machinery, Steel
Currency: Japanese Yen

History: Much of the history of Japan stayed on it’s course until the Mongol invasion. When the Mongols invaded, much of Japan had become separated. As the Mongol horde swept through most of Japan, the Imperial Court and a single Shogunate moved to the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido. While Hokkaido was not taken by the Mongols, it was futile to fight or retake the land from them. The Japanese had later set up a false puppet state, giving into the [Insert Power Here]. In the public eye, they are seen as traitors to Japan, in secret they work to make things easier for the Japanese. To appease Mongols from lurking on Hokkaido to kill the Imperial Family, they had pretended to have hunted them, going to the lengths of beheading volunteers who bore resemblance towards the Imperial Family if proof of death was necessary. In later years, [Inser Power Here] penal colonies and European trading posts sprung up on the island. Exiles and the native people of Hokkaido make up the majority of the population. To the most recent of days, the Imperial Family had been forgotten by a majority of the populous, a Pro-[Insert Power Here] government is followed, and the Japanese live life as they had been.
Miscellaneous: Hokkaido is Japan and Japan is there.
RP Example: Not very extensive, 2100: A New Century

Portuguese friend says hi. (I am said power)
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Buj, does that also mean that there are still Portugese companies holding several economical sectors in Gran Colombia? And I do want to ask for weapons and military equipments, or buy it from Portugal.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:19 pm

sorry to say this Inesea but i really think you should have a smaller land claim because of the Seljuks. We need them to have their invasion and conquer persia to have the ottomans be able to form as a turkish state. You would probably be able to reconquer a pretty good amount of persia but i don't think having all of persia some of india and a good chunk of the stans would work.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse