NATION

PASSWORD

The Years After (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Scotatrova wrote:Oregon
The soldiers stopped at the sight of the explosion and ducked. One called out "Hey! Is anyone out there?! If you are, show yourself!"

Kansas
The soldiers heard a sound and turned to see border patrol officers. One tried to get their attention and waved his hands "Hey! Over here!"

The men stepped into an unarmed jeep, keeping their weapons pointed at the ground as not to set off the men. " Hey! Jeez haven't seen people form another country since my Grandpa told me 'bout them. What you guys be looking for? " The Private asked nicely.
What don't you understand? I CAN'T DIE!
As if that gives you an excuse to live.

Smoke the Meth Bobby. Smoke it All

Me lookin' hella swaggy
DragonBall Super Trailer#1

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Kansas
"Wait there's other nations out there? Ha! I just thought there was life only in the Unifed Sectors. Ah well i guess people will never know what happened to the rest of the world. We are coming in to look for supplies. Where are all you from?
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Panama City, American Imperium
The loud clatter of metal plating clicking together was heard through the streets of the crowded city of Panama, the soldiers that paroled the streets carrying the last of the old world tasers, though only a handful had any ammunition in them, the rest were just for show and the soldiers would rely on swords in combat. Their thick metal armour was based on the old world conquistadors, made to protect them in close combat, and deflect the homemade gunpower weapons they had found in the Reconquista of Dallas. The soldiers bowed their head as a group of cloaked Inquisitors passed them, each watching the faces of every soul they passed, watching for heresy against God or the State. As the soldiers continued along their path,they watched venders trying to sell their wares, from freshly made pastries to precious relics of the old world that would cost a years wages for any of the soldiers. The soldiers continued to march toward the large Imperial residence, pushing their way through the crowds of devoted followers who had appeared to see the great leader with her latest updates on the status of their Empire. As the guards took their positions in front of the gate to the Imperial palace alongside an inquisitor who was there to insure the crowd stayed in line.

Far above the crowd a figure appeared in long white cloth sporting three crowns built into a single crown. He moved his fingers in a cross to the crowd and they quieted "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti, et vetus mundus, the Imperium offers its blessing to its people. We, the servant of the servants of God have the honour to present, her majesty Admiral Alexandra Mendez, embodiment of Imperial might, and savior of the nation." he bowed his head, backing away to the side as a finely dressed young woman walked forward. She wore a green uniform that was based on the look of a man in the history books from the Cuban bunkers known as 'Premir Stalin', with two dozen metals of the old world pinned to the custom made uniform. "Glory to our state, glory to our people, and glory to the old world!" she began, speaking into the microphone that was connected to large speakers in front of the palace. "For years many of you have worked hard on our latest design for steamships, and I am proud to announce today that we shall be launching the first of the newest warships. Armed with 8 banks of Katusha warheads, and the its two gun turrets taken directly from the USS Texas, no ship is better equipped to strike fear into the heretics of the world though use of the old world." she stopped for a moment, and the crowd clapped as she smiled down at them. For a full minute the crowd clapped for the announcement of their new ship, before they were silenced through one movement from their leader. She motioned her hand and two people walked up, the first was a middle aged man dressed in a black naval uniform adorned with Imperium made metals for service, and the second carried an object under a silk sheet. Mendez turned to the man "You, Captain Armando Hornedo, shall be given the honor of commanding the A.I.S. Castro." she pulled the silk sheet from the object to show off a old world laptop, intact and with a blinking white light. The man holding it raised it to show the crowd, the HP symbol shining brightly to them. Mendez then continued "Captain, do you solemnly swear your life, in front of almighty God, to protect this relic of the old world that shall be placed on your ship?" the Captain bowed his head, speaking just loud enough for the microphone to hear him "I do madam." she nodded "and do you promise to sacrifice your own crew, and your life to keep both your ship and your relic out of the hands of Heretics?" he again repeated "I do madam." she then recited the last memorized line for new Captains "And do you understand that the loss of your old world relic is equivalent to treason, and you shall be given no mercy should it be lost." he nodded "I do." Mendez smiled and her assistant handed over the laptop along with a charging cable, as Mendez told him "Then this relic of our past is yours, as is the Castro, serve the Imperium with grace Captain." he knelled and the leader stepped aside to let him kiss a large ornamental ring of their pope, who gave him his final words "Go with god my child, and spread the Faith through force."
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Zazoid
Aasvogel
Natal

The military marched on an open square, practising drill for the first half of their training day that day.
"Commonwealth corps Form up!" Yelled the Rsm, Sergeant Adrian Ellis. The corps formed up on the parade square in 2 platoons of 15 lance corporals with each rank overseen by a corporal and each platoons corporals overseen by a master corporal.
The 2 platoons were were on the parade square. The corporals counted their ranks and told the platoons master corporal their attendance. "Platoons state your ranks!" Yelled the Rsm. "Gentleman platoon 15!" yelled master corporal Christen Swan. "Zulu platoon 15!" Yelled master corporal Dorian Grey.

"Commonwealth corps Attention!" Yelled the Rsm, Sergeant Adrian Ellis, immediately afterwords the corps raised their left leg 90 degrees and placed it down so their heels touched and their feet formed a 45 degree angle between them. Their arms firmly at their sides. "Commonwealth Corps, At ease!" He yelled again and the corps raised their left leg to a 90 degree and placed it down so their legs were shoulder width apart and their hands went behind their back in such a way that their hands overlapped and their middle fingers touched at the tip. "Commonwealth Corps, Attention!" The corps moved again. They continued doing that with such maneuvers as left and right turn, open and close march, forward March and left wheels among others.

Afterwords they marched inside and practised their guns with marksmanship and repair. Cleaning and shooting their issued guns which included A heavy breech loading double-eight bore elephant gun weighing 15 pounds and had a charge of 11 drachms of black powder. Double .500 express, constructed to hold a charge of 6 drachms, a double no.12 central fire keepers shot-gun, full choke barrels. A Winchester repeating rifle. One single action colt revolver with the heavier pattern of cartridge. Each using a same style ammo and cartridge.

They also practised with their issued trench and Bowie knife.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Khan looked over the letter a man would bring to Japan,this is what it read

To: The Great Nation Of Japan

Dear Leader Of Japan,

We the Siberian people wish to make a alliance with you.not a shady alliance a real one...Please accept,we dont know if any other's
survived the Blasts so let's have a alliance to protect our nations.If you accept we will set up a embassy in your capitol.Thank you great Japanese Leader.

Signed From Your Friend
Khan Nicklos
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:01 am

Das Zwei Reichstag
Beneath Berlin
The Brandenburg Empire

Grand Field Marshal Rudolph von Heissing, leader of Das Brandenburg Reich, walked down the busy halls of the new Reichstag towards the Assembly Hall where he was to make a speech on the current situation in the Reich. It was not perfect news but it was not awful either. Let us just say it was in the middle.
Heissing was tall at around six foot two with cerulean blue eyes, Caucasian skin and short blond hair. The man wore a pristine white uniform jacket over a white undershirt and tie. On both sides of the collar was the Iron Cross. The Jacket had gold epaulets and a silver Aiguillette and gold cuff lings. He also had freshly pressed white uniform pants, black jackboots and gloves, and the traditional white military cap. In his right hand was a baton of silver and topped by another Iron Cross. In his left hand he held a folder containing his speech.
Heissing had been one of the top leaders of the Bundeswehr, the German Army back before the war wiped out the united Fatherland. During the war he commanded the troops that kicked the Americans out of their bases in Germany and then staved off a Polish attack from the east. After Germany was wiped out, and the Brandenburg Empire arose, Heissing was chosen by the people to lead them through the darkness. And so he had. He had not only lead them but cleansed their ranks of undesirables so that the German Master Race could live on. He had built up the army to defend them. He did everything for his people. All in the hope that one day he would once again see a unified Germany.
Those thoughts aside he pushed open the doors of the Assembly Room and walked inside. It very much resembled the hall from the original Reichstag only not burnt down and there were more seats. The three hundred or so occupants clapped as he entered and walked down the aisle towards the waiting podium to make his speech. The air was nice and fresh. 'Those new tree's in the Oxygen Centers must be growing well.' Heissing thought as he ascended the steps. Oxygen Centers were a version of power stations in every city across the Reich. They were controlled environments where tree's and other such plants could be grown to supply these Underground Havens. Without them, they could not survive underground.
Heissing stepped up to the podium and set his baton on the edge of it and layed out his speech. He cleared his throat before he started speaking. He started out slow and held back. "My friends, my countrymen. We have built a great society out of the ruins of our once great fatherland. We have had our fair share of problems as well. Such as the fact that we can rarely ever go up. However....." He began adding emotion to his voice. ".....We have pushed on and we have risen up from the ashes. We have maintained a society through an apocalypse. Why you may ask?" Now he spoke with a passion in his voice. "Because we are German! We are the Master Race! We can be kicked and punched but we shall never falter! And we shall never be destroyed! Our new Reich shall stand until we rebuild our shattered Fatherland! It shall protect us and we shall defend it with our lives!" The assembled persons broke out into thunderous applause, however Heissing held up a hand to silence them and they fell quiet. He began speaking again only much more softly and gently. "Gentlemen. Our home was destroyed in a truly horrific manner. Nuclear War. It has made it near impossible for us to stay in most areas of our Reich on the surface. But, think not of that, think of that which you are about to be shown." He directed their attention to a massive monitor in the wall behind him. It was situated between two large banners bearing the Iron Cross. Heissing rolled up his left sleeve to reveal a rather advanced looking wristpad of sorts. He pressed a button and the monitor came on displaying pictures of Germany after the war.
One showed Hamburg, Post-War, in such a way that one could barely tell there was even a city there at all. Apartment Complex's and similar buildings were literally flattened, whilst most skyscrapers had been reduced to burning piles of rubble. The next showed the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin collapsed. The images of Berlin after the Nuclear War made how Berlin looked at the end of the Second World War look like paradise. The rest of the images were similar in nature and quite a few tears were shed in memory of those who had died in that horrid war.
Several minutes later, Heissing turned off the monitor and turned back to the assembled persons with a look of staunch determination on his face. "That my friends, is why we must push on and rebuild. So that such a disaster may never happen again, so that those who died will be forever remembered. We must rebuild our Fatherland and restore its honor and glory. We can only accomplish this by working together. United we stand, divided we fall. Thank you." The Reichstag erupted into thunderous applause once more as Heissing stepped down from the podium and walked once more back up the aisle towards the exit, the three hundred government personnel continuing to applaud as he exited the hall.
However, Heissing was thinking of something that he could not let go of. It was highly unlikely they were the only survivors of this Nuclear Fallout, somewhere in the world there had to be others. And it might do well to contact them or attempt to. 'Perhaps other Germans survived or even the Poles, or the French. Maybe it would do some good to have the Luftwaffe send out some aircraft to see for large activity in other areas of Germany, and Poland.' Heissing thought as he began to think of various other ways to try and find other survivors. At the moment, his only idea was sending up some Fighters to survey the other regions in Germany and areas in Poland.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 am

Maingate, Whitehorse-

A group of Troopers walked down the cracked pavement to a huge walled town, this was Whitehorse, the Captial of the Empire. As the group approached the front gate they where stopped by an another group of Troopers, the City Patrol.

"Halt! ID please!" Said the lead Patrolman

The lead Trooper handed over his ID and later the rest of the group followed in suit. The Patrolman looked at the ID and handed them back "Patrol?" He asked

The Trooper looked at him and nodded "Yea, got a report about bandits attacking the Rast Border post, so we marched out there an found that the post was recently under attacked and the Troopers there repelled the bandits"

"I see, we'll have a good time"

"Thanks" said the Trooper walking away and into the town

The Keep, Whitehorse-
Emperor Frederick paced the room and looked up when a Imperial Guard walked in

"Sir, the Rast Post ha been secured"

"Good, I was beginning to worry about that post, what's that the fourth attack this year?"

"Yes, it is sir......should we send a scouting party to the south and explore British Columbia?"

Fredrick looked up and sighed "Later, we already occupy good land"

"As you wish"
Last edited by Northern Arcadian Empire on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:33 am

Scotatrova wrote:Kansas
"Wait there's other nations out there? Ha! I just thought there was life only in the Unifed Sectors. Ah well i guess people will never know what happened to the rest of the world. We are coming in to look for supplies. Where are all you from?

" We are from the North American Fedeeration, we control quite a bit of land actually. If your in the need of supplies, there's a trade town just 5 miles north of here, called ... Um... New Bern I believe, it's get some stuff to you, or you might head to New Hope, it's the capital of this state, we can take you in 12 hours, or these guys can run you up to New Bern in 3 hours when their shift ends. Until then we can chat, you guys want some food?" The private asked stepping off his vehicle.

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Ost-Prussia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ost-Prussia » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Ikirn von Kurland looked on his nation. The fledging city of kongisberg was doing quite well, as fishers and merchants traded goods. He ordered one of his advisors, for a status report. The advisor said, Kongisberg port is doing well, and the 3 new expansions are helping steer trade to the city. Riga and small coastal towns across the coast of Livonia were small, but provided fuelling stops for the fleet. However, he realized that gotland must become under his control. Gotland was a small island in the mdidle of the baltic sea. it has been fought over by danes and swedes, teutons and germans, and Finns and alanders. It finally became indepedent, but Ikirn was seriously considering a invasion to gain a strong port. Gotland was defended by anti aircraft and anti tanks, and a landing would cost many lives. However, one spot was cruciallly undefended. There was a small window of 5 months before it was forified.
The next day...

Ikirn called the parliment of Livonia et Prussia for a emergencey meeting. He told them of his plans. They was easily coaxed into accepting after Ikirn showed a 6 page paper showing landing spots and preparations.

He then went to the Military high command. The commander of the army and the grand admiral of the navy were ordered to prepare 9,000 soldiers and the navy for a full blockade of Gotland. Also, the 9,000 would land in the spot and take over Gotland.

The landings was a complete success. In the battle of vibble, which was just 3km from Visby, Gotlanders was overwhelmed. Visby was captured and the duke of gotland signed a treaty that formed the Gotlandian Province as part of the Prussian part of the commonwealth.
Base Jumper and Proud.
Likes: Socialism, Nassau. (Go visit, best city ever!) Hate: France in EU4

The Floating Citystate of Serenity
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Citystate of Serenity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:14 pm

“Sure, everything is ending," Jules said,"but not yet"
― Jennifer Egan, A Visit from the Goon Squad

The assault on ruined Rome has been a success so far. Sect A and B had managed to secure most of the southern outskirts of the town. D and C were operating nearer to the epicenter of the ex-capital, where a enormous crater stood out like a sore thumb. Raider groups and Slavers continued to walk the dusty streets, so there was no time to relax for any of the enrolled soldiers.

New Sicily Republic
Operation 'Roam and Acquire'
Sector Salario, Rome, Lazio
Rome Assault Sect D
Squad 8
Emilia

"Miss Franco! R-P-G on our far right!" The soldier Lucieo cried from inside the tank, peering through his binoculars and noticing a heavily armed raider just about to take aim.

"Acquired!" She said back in a thick accent after sighting the enemy as well.

She swiveled the 7.62 MG AA machine gun on-top of the tank, taking aim in a split second.

'Bam, Bam, Bam!...' The gun sounded, rounds flew out and the raider quickly went down.

"Success, Target down!" She responded to the driver.

The crew of the Ariete tank, "Emilia", endured a slight moment of silence as they continued to move forward in the street. This was suddenly shattered by the sound of bullets hitting the side of the tank and created sparks if one viewed from outside.

"Raider hide-out 'bout fifty metres in-front of us" Franco said as she jumped down back into the tank, narrowly avoiding the gunfire.

"Target Set! FIRE!" Eugeo announced, manning the 120mm smoothbore gun and firing a shell into the enemy quarters, the raiders held a surprise look in the windows just before the ruined building collapsed as a result.

It was clear that the NSR had Rome already captured, and not soon after would be the entire old-Lazio region.

The New American commonwealth
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:59 pm

New United States West Birginia

German soldiers who were related to German refugees who fled to America before the 'Great War' as it was being called now, begin to march across the border while marching to an Old Prussian March they brought with them from Germany before the Great War. As they marched across the border, they found a small town full of raiders armed with old U.S Military equiptment, began to attack the unit of 254 men, but that was a foolish idea. Even though the New United States Military uses outdated tech, it has some of the best strategy on the Eastern Seaboard. Within 10 ours, the unit had burned the down to the ground during the siege, and routed all of the major forces of the raiders, with the lost of 7 men in total. Because of this victory, the Unit earned the title of The Prussian Army of the Union, which the soldier took to with pride.

Baltimore Harbor, Maryland

A crowd of Baltimore Citizens crowd around the Baltimore harbor, as 20 new ships, scrapped from old freighters, Fishing boats, and Battleships, which were melted down before being used once more for the American people. As the ships slid down their rap ways, a military band began to play Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean, the march to the New United States Navy. As the ships entered the water, with a loud splash for each, a cannon was set off at Fort McHenry, which was once more in use by the New United States Military. Two of the most notable of the new ships, were two Ironclad Submarines, a type long past and used during the days of the Civil War, and this time, it was more like a Steel-Clad then Iron. As the Ceremony ended, some 301 Marines, Engineers, and Officers boarded the ships, because President Buchanan has authorized the use of the new navy to sail down to New Orleans, to see if the city is open for the taking.

OoC: The Prussian Army of the Union is not hostile to you Rnclave, its more of a scouting army...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

"We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time." ~ Warren Buffett
Muh Freedom
The most Yankeeist Yankee of the Yankee people of NationStates

Luremurg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Luremurg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:37 pm

The Grandest Cagian Council, Egac Salocin, The Holy Land of Absolute Cagery

"You found what, Mr Stevens?" asks Nicolas as he sits in his throne, looking down on a radio operator by the name of Mr Stevens. "I. . .Uh, I discovered a radio signal from a country that calls themselves New Japan." replies Mr Stevens. "YES, YES, YES, I WANT 850,000 PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS BY THE END OF SUMMER, I WANT 1500 SHERMAN TANKS, AND I WANT 2000 P-51 MUSTANGS." Nicolas shouts as he chokes a small Indonesian boy to death. The council members go silent.

"Uh, my god. Don't you think that deadline is a bit to short?" asks a worried council member. "Oh my fucking god, must we have these doubts again. I will have a huge army by the end of summer, and if I don't I'm taking my flames of fury to every baby in Taiwan." Nicolas angrily replies as he strokes a dvd case for Leaving Las Vegas. "We don't even have any factories though my God, you banned them. Remember?" replies the council member. "THEN BUILD FACTORIES, GOSH. ARE YOU ALL FUCKING STUPID." Nicolas cage yells, Nicolas begins to cry. "SOMEONE GO BRING A TV TO MY ROOM, I NEED TO WATCH NATIONAL TREASURE IMMEDIATELY." Nicolas yells as he walks to his room. "Well that's that then. 850,000 soldiers, 1500 shermans and 2000 P-51 mustangs by the end of summer, council dismissed" declares the head council member. The council members seem uneasy as the task seems far to large.

And so, Nicolas Cages dream of a large military may soon be a reality.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Luremurg wrote:
(Image)

"You found what, Mr Stevens?" asks Nicolas as he sits in his throne, looking down on a radio operator by the name of Mr Stevens. "I. . .Uh, I discovered a radio signal from a country that calls themselves New Japan." replies Mr Stevens. "YES, YES, YES, I WANT 850,000 PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS BY THE END OF SUMMER, I WANT 1500 SHERMAN TANKS, AND I WANT 2000 P-51 MUSTANGS." Nicolas shouts as he chokes a small Indonesian boy to death. The council members go silent.

"Uh, my god. Don't you think that deadline is a bit to short?" asks a worried council member. "Oh my fucking god, must we have these doubts again. I will have a huge army by the end of summer, and if I don't I'm taking my flames of fury to every baby in Taiwan." Nicolas angrily replies as he strokes a dvd case for Leaving Las Vegas. "We don't even have any factories though my God, you banned them. Remember?" replies the council member. "THEN BUILD FACTORIES, GOSH. ARE YOU ALL FUCKING STUPID." Nicolas cage yells, Nicolas begins to cry. "SOMEONE GO BRING A TV TO MY ROOM, I NEED TO WATCH NATIONAL TREASURE IMMEDIATELY." Nicolas yells as he walks to his room. "Well that's that then. 850,000 soldiers, 1500 shermans and 2000 P-51 mustangs by the end of summer, council dismissed" declares the head council member. The council members seem uneasy as the task seems far to large.

(Image)

OoC: 850,000 soldiers....

Err, I don' think Scot will agree with that...
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

"We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time." ~ Warren Buffett
Muh Freedom

Luremurg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Luremurg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:44 pm

The New American commonwealth wrote:
Luremurg wrote:
(Image)

(Image)

OoC: 850,000 soldiers....

Err, I don' think Scot will agree with that...

Thats the point ahahah, It won't ever get done.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Unkungunklovo (Government building (word meaning: Elephant))
Aasvogel (capital city (word meaning: Vulture))

The Governing citizens of the nation debated in the their respective chambers. The issue of the day was regarding a recent clash with a neighbouring tribe. The tribe had sent a rading party against them while military was away training and couldn't be reached early, a rare occurrence, and demanded a reaction. Had the monarch been absolute in his powers he could've made a fast reaction but being things as they are that couldn't happen, although the sane system that limited his powers also let the monarchy keep an eye on the nations politics from afar via his representatives and influence things that way, so there was that. Within the hereditary chambers known as the house of Ritz (or Ritz for short) the nobility sat around their Table debating. A noble by the title of count but called Chief Fredrich Heathcliff was outraged and called for immediant action. "This is outrageous! We simply cannot allow those flee bitten savages to come in here, kidnap our people, pillage our lands, and get away with it. I say we send the military in and get our people back and enslave their hides so far back to the Stone Age they won't know which way is left and which way is right!" The other nobles although angry as well were a bit taken aback by his assertiveness and his passion on the subject. They may not have agreed on some of the points he offered but they agreed on one thing, something had to be done, and it likely wouldn't not involve violence and retaliating. "I don't agree with everything you said just now Friedrich" said Chief Farraday Hallson, after which chief Friedrich looked a little upset in an angry sense "But I do agree with you on your main point." Friedrich looked up curious "I agree that we must, retaliate. Surely if our good soldiers can take out an elephant they can remove these warmongers from the land, still I'm not sure about your ideas on slavery" Friedrich interjected "If the wordings getting you don't call it slavery, call it something else. I suggest indentured servitude or penal labour by prisoners of war!"
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Ivalo capital bunker
The reconnection act has been put into law. The Act sets aside millions to connect the many bunkers throughout the nations to each other through means of tunneling. In addition, in the tunnels, there will be more rooms built and farms raised. For more oxygen, many tree seeds from the Norwegian Seed Vault have been brought in to grow trees in the bunkers, to produce enough oxygen to survive off of.

Kola Center for Chemical Research
Rudolf Van Heisenberg was working late, hoping to make some changes to a cure he had long been researching. "Why can't I win? I can't get it, ever! I. Never. CAN. WIN!" He slammed his fist on the table, causing a few experimental liquids to fall over and mix together. "Oh shit." The mixture gave off a putrid smell and produced a heavy fog. "What the hell is this Shi-" he felt a stoning sensation on his toe, and looked down: some of the mixture had fallen onto his shoe and went straight through it. It was now eating away at his toe. He ran to this car, or rather hopped. He didn't make it, as he tripped over the stairs, and fell down the rest of the stairs, breaking his neck.

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:18 pm

German soldiers who were related to German refugees who fled to America before the 'Great War' as it was being called now, begin to march across the border while marching to an Old Prussian March they brought with them from Germany before the Great War. As they marched across the border, they found a small town full of raiders armed with old U.S Military equiptment, began to attack the unit of 254 men, but that was a foolish idea. Even though the New United States Military uses outdated tech, it has some of the best strategy on the Eastern Seaboard. Within 10 ours, the unit had burned the down to the ground during the siege, and routed all of the major forces of the raiders, with the lost of 7 men in total. Because of this victory, the Unit earned the title of The Prussian Army of the Union, which the soldier took to with pride.

A crowd of Baltimore Citizens crowd around the Baltimore harbor, as 20 new ships, scrapped from old freighters, Fishing boats, and Battleships, which were melted down before being used once more for the American people. As the ships slid down their rap ways, a military band began to play Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean, the march to the New United States Navy. As the ships entered the water, with a loud splash for each, a cannon was set off at Fort McHenry, which was once more in use by the New United States Military. Two of the most notable of the new ships, were two Ironclad Submarines, a type long past and used during the days of the Civil War, and this time, it was more like a Steel-Clad then Iron. As the Ceremony ended, some 301 Marines, Engineers, and Officers boarded the ships, because President Buchanan has authorized the use of the new navy to sail down to New Orleans, to see if the city is open for the taking.

OoC: The Prussian Army of the Union is not hostile to you Rnclave, its more of a scouting army...

A group of 100 men watched curiously as a army they had never seen before dueld with a group of raiders they had followed. Curious they marched up slowly ( only being a group of 120 men ) and waved down the foreign warriors, the Cqptain walkign out while his men stayed back and got behind defensive positions, ready to fight the warriors. Riding a JLTV up, they called out to the army, weapons pointed at the ground, but loaded and ready to go if the force was hostile. " Um, hey? Whatcha guys doing out here?" The Captain asked.

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Of The Rnclave wrote:

A group of 100 men watched curiously as a army they had never seen before dueld with a group of raiders they had followed. Curious they marched up slowly ( only being a group of 120 men ) and waved down the foreign warriors, the Cqptain walkign out while his men stayed back and got behind defensive positions, ready to fight the warriors. Riding a JLTV up, they called out to the army, weapons pointed at the ground, but loaded and ready to go if the force was hostile. " Um, hey? Whatcha guys doing out here?" The Captain asked.

West Virginia

The soldiers looked at the man, not knowing what they were saying, do to them knowing primarily German, but the Commanding Officer, who was to German, knew English, so he rode up ahead because he was riding a horse, and began to speak.
"Ve are soldiers of ze New United States of Amerika, ve have been sent to by President John Buchanan to pacify Vest Virginia, then bring it back into ze Union, ve didn't know another country already beat us here." he said in a thick German accent.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Muh Freedom

Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Rnclave » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Of The Rnclave wrote:

West Virginia

The soldiers looked at the man, not knowing what they were saying, do to them knowing primarily German, but the Commanding Officer, who was to German, knew English, so he rode up ahead because he was riding a horse, and began to speak.
"Ve are soldiers of ze New United States of Amerika, ve have been sent to by President John Buchanan to pacify Vest Virginia, then bring it back into ze Union, ve didn't know another country already beat us here." he said in a thick German accent.

"Sorry to make you boys take the trip then, but this is just a territory, and I think the government doesn't want it, perhaps they would sell it to you boys if you send a letter to our boys in Columbus. This is mostly barren terrain anyway. Well nice meeting you boys, catch you later'! The Captain shouted walking back to his truck

Me lookin' hella swaggy

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Of The Rnclave wrote:
West Virginia

"Sorry to make you boys take the trip then, but this is just a territory, and I think the government doesn't want it, perhaps they would sell it to you boys if you send a letter to our boys in Columbus. This is mostly barren terrain anyway. Well nice meeting you boys, catch you later'! The Captain shouted walking back to his truck

"Auf Wiedersehen zhen! I guess ve vill report zhis back to New Vashington City, now boys, ve vill march back to Richmond!" he yelled at his soldiers, and they begun to march back to the New United States territory while Der Hohenfriedberger marsch was being played by the men with Fifes and Drums.
Last edited by The New American commonwealth on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Muh Freedom

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm

The soldiers stopped at the sight of the explosion and ducked. One called out "Hey! Is anyone out there?! If you are, show yourself!"

Kansas
The soldiers heard a sound and turned to see border patrol officers. One tried to get their attention and waved his hands "Hey! Over here!"

Ashland, Oregon
McCowell stood slowly, his rifle pointed at the commanding officer. "There are two mortar batteries homed in on your position. Now, I suggest you kindly inform me as to your origin, and why you are dallying about in the Republic of Cascadia."

Clinton, British Columbia

A dozen more M113s shot forward onto the Caribou Highway. While the smaller convoy had left yesterday with the intention of contacting New Canada, this force was meant for scouting purposes. Kershaw desired British Columbia and was projecting power in bits and pieces to ensure it was understood Cascadia was moving to take it.

Rask Post
The two M113s rolled to a halt. One of the sergeants climbed out of the top hatch. Something was off here. There were soldiers manning the checkpoint. The sergeant raised his rifle and tentatively shouted at the checkpoint. "You! You're the Canadians right?"
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:49 pm

El Salto, Jalisco
Western Mexican Region
The Greater Central American Union

El Salto and its surrounding area was where some of the heaviest, and the bloodiest, of clashes between the military, lead by Captain Hernandes and the local Villistas, lead by a man who liked to call himself Pancho Villa. The small city, took place. Until recently El Salto had been part of a massive tug-of-war between the Villistas and the military - now it remains firmly in the control of the military, where they are evacuating survivors and residents of the area.

El Salto was the result of a conflict that had been going on since the late 2020s - scenes of death, destruction, and suffering were common in the city. One of the right-hand men of Captain Hernandez, and a skilled marksmen and leader, the Sergeant glanced encouragingly at a medic, who was desperately trying to save the life of a soldier who was bleeding profusely. Closely following him were two experienced corporals, both of whom were in his little 'squad' as he liked to call it. They were all on horseback.

As he made his way down to the street, or at least what used to be a street. he saw in the distance a plume of smoke. Gunfire and explosions were so common that it was all white noise to him. His horse skirted around a shallow crater, giving out a nervous whinny.

It was a while before Perón arrived at the Command Center - it was a jumble of tents placed on some sort of grassy field. The rubble had been cleared, although patches of grass seemed to be flattened. Small chunks of concrete were still visible as he dismounted his horse, Perón's corporals quickly following suit.

The Sergeant, with his eagle-like eyes, quickly was able to spot the Captain's tent, which was the largest of them all. It was plain white, but on the outside were the words 'CAPTAIN'S TENT' in bold letters. He entered. The Captain was cautiously studying a map of Jalisco. He had scribbled notes in the corner, and had drawn arrows, most of them going from Western and Central Jalisco to the Eastern part of it.

"Miguel, long time no see!" The Captain stood up, grinning. The Sergeant shook his outstretched hand. "You too, Santiago. But skipping the pleasantries" His gaze shifted to the map "what is the tactical situation, currently?"

The Captain frowned. He began tapping the table with his fingers, "the tactical situation is obscure. We do not know yet - however" He paused, before continuing "we know that our forces are spread too thin. The Villistas have attacked isolated units, and it is easier to break through our lines of defenses because of this. We also have reports of them massing near El Salto, although this has not been confirmed."

"I heard a rumor that they were sending us reinforcements. Is that true?"

"That is true. They are sending two thousand more soldiers to launch an offensive into Eastern Jalisco, but they will not be under my command. I've received a hundred new recruits in the past week, however, although that seems to be all we're getting for now" The Captain shifted nervously as he saw that the Sergeant was staring at the map.

"That is good, no? Why are you not happy?" The Sergeant questioned, looking up from the map.

"I suppose that depends on how you view it. Most likely after we destroy the Villistas we will be assigned to fight another large gang or bandit group or whatever the hell the Supreme General" He spoke the words with obvious distaste "wants us to be. On some major base on the border with the Federation is my best bet."

"I suppose," The Sergeant replied, a little too quickly, "Anyway, do you have any plans against the Villistas?"

"Yes. Hold out until the main force arrives." The Captain said matter-of-factly, "Our forces are spread too thin and we cannot spare the manpower for an offensive. Some of our trade routes have come under attack, so on some days we are not receiving the necessary shipments of food and water to keep our troops alive. Any sort of offensive is tantamount to suicide. The Villistas are a fearsome opponent."

"I see." The Sergeant said, unconvincingly - he had always believed offense was the best defense...

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Confederate States of America
Operation Zippo
Joplin , Missouri
City Hall
Third Platoon
Second Squad

Sergeant Henderson breathed in deeply allowing the cigarette smoke to fill his lungs. It had been one helluva day. All around him the ruins of buildings were either burning brightly or had been reduced to smoldering shadows of their former self's. Nearly an hour ago the fighting had died down to an almost non-existent level after the last bandit stronghold in the city was leveled by a combine armor and artillery attack on the city's main Hall where the major of Joplin had once sat. In addition to that the fierce rain had finally let up. Quickly Henderson jumped to his feet grabbing his rifle and helmet he jogged over to several Confederate Soldiers who were escorting a line of prisoners who were shackled with heavy iron chain.

"Corporal , where the hell do you think you're taking them. " Henderson said with an almost angry tone to his voice.

"Sergeant , We found them holed up in the basement of the city hall , they surrendered without fight. " The man who must've been in his early twenties replied. The man's face was covered in dirt and grime and the exhaustion of the past several weeks was apparent.

"This was a search and destroy mission for a reason Corporal , take the two highest ranking ones and get rid of the rest. " Henderson replied taking another deep drag off his cigarette.

There was a moment of silence before what had been said finally dawned on the prisoners where panic quickly spread among the prisoners. In an effort to conserve ammunition the six Guards charged with taking care of the two dozen prisoners drew bayonets and went about slitting the throats of the prisoners.

Several seconds went by until there were only two of the higher ranking Bandits remaining.

"Don't leave the bodies in the god damn street , stick em in the burn pile with the others. " Henderson shouted after them before taking one final drag off his cigarette before he ditched onto the asphalt and stomped it out with his boot.

Branson , Missouri
Fort Carson
Primary Staging Area for Southern Operations
Military Command Meeting

"Captain Avery , your service record is undeniable however we still will not authorize cross border raids into the NAF. We can not risk such actions as we currently lack the military power on all of our borders to defend against potential retaliation if your team is caught. " Colonel O'Neal replied a very condescending tone filling his voice.

"Sir , i have lead countless raids across our borders on multiple occasions and i have never failed in accomplishing an objective. I would only require a single Huey to insert my team thirty miles across the border so i can destroy the railway link in that area. We could be in and out in less than and hour and it would cripple the NAF's transportation ability and it would be untraceable back to us. " Captain Avery protested.

"Captain , our decision is final. With our current plans we can't take the risk of having our entire future operations grid jeopardized because of some fool hearty raids by some Glory boy Captain." Colonel O'Neal responded.

Silence fell across the room and everyone could visibly see Captain Avery's knuckle's turn white as he clenched his fist. At the back of the room two Guards unsnapped their holsters and their hands hovered around the handles of their pistols.

" Speaking Freely , Sir Every operation i have conducted across our borders has not only been successful but i have not lost a single man in any of my eighty-eight cross border raids. The same can not be said for you Sir or was it a different 'Colonel' O'Neal that lost his entire Battalion to a bandit ambush due to his incompetence. " Captain Avery spat , venom filling his voice.

Silence yet again filled the room and Colonel O'Neal visibly trembled with anguish or anger , either were equally as possible.

"Gentlemen this board is over. Dismissed." Colonel Jackson , who had remained silent though the entire meeting , said. "

St. Louis , Missouri
Mississippi River
Dockyard

"What the hell do you expect me to do ? Half of my workers are sick with Radiation poisoning , Two-thirds of my equipment is inoperable and , oh , by the way. All the god damn metal we have is white hot and we can't even get close to it. And you want me to build Steamships ?! Are you a fucking idiot ? " The thick Scottish accent of Reilly O'Conner cut though the air of the normally silent dockyard.

"Reilly , we need those ships. We've gotta use the river if we want to move our heavy equipment further south. And we can't exactly use our Railway lines as all of those are either undergoing repairs or are being used by private corporations within the Confederacy. The Military can't move their heavy equipment on the roadways obviously so by the rivers is the only option when we're looking at moving things like Tanks , Artillery and large volumes of Soldiers and Material. And unfortunately for both of us , the Military is offering the biggest god damn contract we've ever seen to the company that can supply a reliable transportation route. " Jack Casper replied annoyance filling the air.

"And i say again , what the hell do you want me to do?" Reilly interjected.

"Well we've gotta find a source of steel that isn't 'hot' for one. Then we need to find a way so we can build the ships in the drydock and then transport them into the actual water. " Casper responded his voice drifting out as he thought.

Both men would sit contemplating their path forward into the dark hours of the night. Till eventually they would reach a solution that would shake the very foundation of the Confederacy.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

Northern Arcadian Empire
Senator

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Arcadian Empire » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Mesrane wrote:

Kansas

Ashland, Oregon
McCowell stood slowly, his rifle pointed at the commanding officer. "There are two mortar batteries homed in on your position. Now, I suggest you kindly inform me as to your origin, and why you are dallying about in the Republic of Cascadia."

Clinton, British Columbia

A dozen more M113s shot forward onto the Caribou Highway. While the smaller convoy had left yesterday with the intention of contacting New Canada, this force was meant for scouting purposes. Kershaw desired British Columbia and was projecting power in bits and pieces to ensure it was understood Cascadia was moving to take it.

Rask Post
The two M113s rolled to a halt. One of the sergeants climbed out of the top hatch. Something was off here. There were soldiers manning the checkpoint. The sergeant raised his rifle and tentatively shouted at the checkpoint. "You! You're the Canadians right?"

Rask Post-
The Troopers quickly jumped to there defensive positions when there saw the M113s approaching, then the sergeant stepped up "Oi!!! We are! Who are you guys?" Yelled the NC sergeant he was quite curious about these newcomers the leader seemed American but wasn't sure

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 pm

12,000 Feet In the Air
Over Eastern Europe
Near Former Region of East Prussia

Flying over the shattered remains of Eastern Europe, close to where the region of East Prussia had once been, was a flight of planes which had not been seen since April of 1945 in the last days of the Third Reich. These planes were Arado 234 Turbojet Bombers acting as recon aircraft at the moment to search for activity in the area. There were ten in all.
At that moment a large amount of activity was seen at and near the city of Konigsberg. So the Bombers turned in that direction.

International Open Radio Channel

A message played across the world, originating from Berlin. "Achtung! Achtung! To all Germans around the world who survived the conflict, this message is for you. Our Glorious Fatherland was not completely destroyed and we have rebuilt a great society in Brandenburg. Therefore I, Grand Field Marshal Rudolph von Heissing, formerly one of the top leaders of the Bundeswehr, in representation of the true German people am calling any loyal sons and daughters of the Fatherland home." The message played on an International Open Frequency over and over.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse