NATION

PASSWORD

Midnight in Moscow, Mk.II [Preliminary Banter]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:43 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:Question: If I create an economic trading group, can my protectorates/dominions/etc join in or do I need a player to decide for them?

You could probably apply enough diplomatic pressure that the RNG would be ridiculously skewed in favour of them joining, and if they don't join then apply some military force to force them to do so.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:44 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:Question: If I create an economic trading group, can my protectorates/dominions/etc join in or do I need a player to decide for them?

They auto-join.

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:
Greater Mid West wrote: If that does not take away my freedom of decision and do not fall under your influence, then yes.

Idk, ask your psychotic master, the USC (which happens to be friendly to me), if that would affect your influence.

Only master of satellite states. I'm ally of Argentina if he agrees.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Generic Info
Nation Name: Austrian Empire
Symbols:

Homeland Population: 57,398,099
Imperial Population: 4,046,500 (Austrian West Africa)
Location/Claims: 28
Capital City: Vienna

Government Info
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: You want the absolute jist? Austria is fucked, plain and simple. The first three or so IC posts will deal with the break-up of the Empire into Austria and Hungary as separate states. Emperor Charles shall be at the head of the Vienna Accords that seal the fate of the two nations. Afterwards, I'll decide on if I want to play as Austria or Hungary, though I may end up choosing Hungary for the HUSSARS!
Ideology: Defeatism (huehuehue). This really does not matter as Hungary and Austria will be split soon anyways.
Leader/s: Charles I of Austria, Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Dying and in need of freedom. Austrians, Hungarians, Czechs, all that mess, are about to become free peoples as the rebellion has all but won the war and peace settlements are in effect.
Religion: Roman Catholic, mostly.
Ethnicity: I CAN'T LIST THEM ALL! German, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech, Italian, Moravian, Polish, Romani, Romanian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, and Jewish
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Fukken Austrians
Other Cultures: Non-Austrians.

Economy/Infrastructure Info
Brief Description of your Economy: ded. But on more realistic terms, Charles I of Austria has been attempting to modernize the nation following the Great War as part of a program usher in equality by liberating the poor, disenfranchised masses. With this in mind, he broke up a major of the landed estates and seized their capital wealth, reinvesting it in equal parts of the Empire. Though showing great progress, it would not stop the agitation of rebellion and the thought of freedom. Because of this, A-H is not as much as a backwater as it is usually thought of, but the Hungarian Revolution has painted the empire's economic progress in poor light.
Main exports: Agricultural Goods, Industrial goods, petroleum, chemicals, electricity, and textiles
Main imports: Machinery, Raw materials, weaponry
Brief Description of your Infrastructure: In the west, decent and well maintained, while in the east, the story is a bit different. Most of the roads and railroad tracks are new, but not as extensive as in the western part of the Empire. Much of the planned production in that area has been disrupted by the Hungarian Revolution so although it is better than OTL, it is still behind the rest of the continent.

Military Info
Army:
  • 36,000 Officers
  • 414,000 NCOs and troops
  • 87,000 horses (estimate)
  • 1,200 artillery pieces

To Note: Mostly even split between Austrian and Hungarian aligned forced as the Revolution progressed. Many volunteer and militia units are still active and their number is unknown.

Navy:
  • 8 Dreadnoughts
  • 9 Pre-dreadnoughts
  • 4 Coastal defence ships
  • 3 Armoured cruisers
  • 9 Light cruisers
  • 30 Destroyers
  • 36 Torpedo boats
  • 27 Submarines

The only decent force in the Empire. The Navy has been effectively split by the Revolution, but as of late, most are under the control of the Hungarians.

Air Force:
  • 5,431 aircraft
  • 413 seaplanes

Aircraft Inventory:

• Etrich Taube
    • Lohner L
    • Lohner C.I
    • Fokker A.III
    • Fokker E.III
    • Knoller C.II
    • Hansa-Brandenburg B.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg C.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg D.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg G.I
    • Aviatik B.III
    • Aviatik D.I
    • Albatros B.I
    • Albatros D.II
    • Albatros D.III
    • Phönix D.I

Very shoddy and in smaller numbers (and quality) than other Great Powers' air arsenals. Most planes are German models that were domestically produced.

Diplomacy Info
Brief description of your Foreign Policy: Isolationist as per the Revolution. Austrians had sought foreign assistance, but the Hungarians were able to keep others out.
Protectorates/Dominions/Satellites: Claims dominion over Bosnia
Alliance/Alignments: German bros for lyfe. Germany is probably okay with letting the Austrian Empire crumble so that it can nom on the German bits.
Other aspects: Nien.

Other Info
Goals: There are no goals, Austria is doomed and nothing can save it. No asspulls or miracles. Hungary is finally throwing off the shackles.
History: WIP, won't really matter as A-H will be no more in like, a week or so. The only real difference is that Charles I of Austria is actually trying to help everyone be equals and pursued realistic economic policies that helped keep the national economy afloat, but could not save the nation from doom.
RP Sample: no pls buj vouch for me
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by Neros on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Neros wrote:

Generic Info
Symbols:
Imperial Population: No colonies for Mother Austria

Government Info
Brief Explanation of Government: You want the absolute jist? Austria is fucked, plain and simple. The first three or so IC posts will deal with the break-up of the Empire into Austria and Hungary as separate states. Emperor Charles shall be at the head of the Vienna Accords that seal the fate of the two nations. Afterwards, I'll decide on if I want to play as Austria or Hungary, though I may end up choosing Hungary for the HUSSARS!
Ideology: Defeatism (huehuehue). This really does not matter as Hungary and Austria will be split soon anyways.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Dying and in need of freedom. Austrians, Hungarians, Czechs, all that mess, are about to become free peoples as the rebellion has all but won the war and peace settlements are in effect.
Ethnicity: I CAN'T LIST THEM ALL! German, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech, Italian, Moravian, Polish, Romani, Romanian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, and Jewish

Brief Description of your Economy: ded. But on more realistic terms, Charles I of Austria has been attempting to modernize the nation following the Great War as part of a program usher in equality by liberating the poor, disenfranchised masses. With this in mind, he broke up a major of the landed estates and seized their capital wealth, reinvesting it in equal parts of the Empire. Though showing great progress, it would not stop the agitation of rebellion and the thought of freedom. Because of this, A-H is not as much as a backwater as it is usually thought of, but the Hungarian Revolution has painted the empire's economic progress in poor light.
Main exports: Agricultural Goods, Industrial goods, petroleum, chemicals, electricity, and textiles
Brief Description of your Infrastructure: In the west, decent and well maintained, while in the east, the story is a bit different. Most of the roads and railroad tracks are new, but not as extensive as in the western part of the Empire. Much of the planned production in that area has been disrupted by the Hungarian Revolution so although it is better than OTL, it is still behind the rest of the continent.

Military Info
Army:
  • 36,000 Officers
  • 1,200 artillery pieces

To Note: Mostly even split between Austrian and Hungarian aligned forced as the Revolution progressed. Many volunteer and militia units are still active and their number is unknown.

Navy:
  • 8 Dreadnoughts
  • 9 Pre-dreadnoughts
  • 3 Armoured cruisers
  • 9 Light cruisers
  • 30 Destroyers
  • 36 Torpedo boats
  • 27 Submarines

The only decent force in the Empire. The Navy has been effectively split by the Revolution, but as of late, most are under the control of the Hungarians.

Air Force:
  • 5,431 aircraft
  • 413 seaplanes

Aircraft Inventory:

• Etrich Taube
    • Lohner L
    • Lohner C.I
    • Fokker A.III
    • Fokker E.III
    • Knoller C.II
    • Hansa-Brandenburg B.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg C.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg D.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg G.I
    • Aviatik B.III
    • Aviatik D.I
    • Albatros B.I
    • Albatros D.II
    • Albatros D.III
    • Phönix D.I

Very shoddy and in smaller numbers (and quality) than other Great Powers' air arsenals. Most planes are German models that were domestically produced.

Diplomacy Info
Brief description of your Foreign Policy: Isolationist as per the Revolution. Austrians had sought foreign assistance, but the Hungarians were able to keep others out.
Alliance/Alignments: German bros for lyfe. Germany is probably okay with letting the Austrian Empire crumble so that it can nom on the German bits.

Other Info
Goals: There are no goals, Austria is doomed and nothing can save it. No asspulls or miracles. Hungary is finally throwing off the shackles.
History: WIP, won't really matter as A-H will be no more in like, a week or so. The only real difference is that Charles I of Austria is actually trying to help everyone be equals and pursued realistic economic policies that helped keep the national economy afloat, but could not save the nation from doom.

I don't have time to read this now, but I read the goals and holy fuck you almost made me fall out of my chair for whatever reason.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Neros, A-H has got a colony in the form of an annoying brown splotch around the Gambia.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Bujahla wrote:

They auto-join.

Idk, ask your psychotic master, the USC (which happens to be friendly to me), if that would affect your influence.

Only master of satellite states. I'm ally of Argentina if he agrees.
So you ok with GB investing some economic aid?

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Bujahla wrote:

They auto-join.

Awesome. Mkay, half-the-world, coalition of Feline-Lover States for the win! :lol:
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Neros, A-H has got a colony in the form of an annoying brown splotch around the Gambia.

Oooooh! I want it! Neros, want to let me RP what happens to the colony and take over if your empire is falling?
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:Hey Mish, would you be interested in selling French Guiana to Brazil?

Not under Communist control; it's under the control of the Third Republic, which will lose France itself.

So, not really, from the perspective of the Third Republic. In case you get other ideas, the Republic would happily appeal to the USC or Britain to save Guiana from local nations.

Bujahla wrote:Oh, I suppose I must ask for permission, but may I do a Young Plan with your nation? I'd imagine you'd want that since it'd rebuild your economy with help from the strongest in the world. Note, this is directed at the Third Republic, not the communists.

Yassss, gurl, yasss. More investment. More support. More resources and supplies!

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:Will you forgive my existence though?

Not until you turn Communist! >:(

Ja, sure, it's all good.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Neros wrote:

Generic Info
Symbols:
Imperial Population: No colonies for Mother Austria

Government Info

Population Info

Military Info
Army:
  • 36,000 Officers
  • 1,200 artillery pieces

Navy:
  • 8 Dreadnoughts
  • 9 Pre-dreadnoughts
  • 3 Armoured cruisers
  • 9 Light cruisers
  • 30 Destroyers
  • 36 Torpedo boats
  • 27 Submarines

Air Force:
  • 5,431 aircraft
  • 413 seaplanes

Aircraft Inventory:

• Etrich Taube
    • Lohner L
    • Lohner C.I
    • Fokker A.III
    • Fokker E.III
    • Knoller C.II
    • Hansa-Brandenburg B.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg C.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg D.I
    • Hansa-Brandenburg G.I
    • Aviatik B.III
    • Aviatik D.I
    • Albatros B.I
    • Albatros D.II
    • Albatros D.III
    • Phönix D.I

Diplomacy Info

Other Info

I don't have time to read this now, but I read the goals and holy fuck you almost made me fall out of my chair for whatever reason.

Since he has RPed with me too much, he caught my pessimism, haha :lol2:
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:53 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Reservation:
Nation Name: Republic of Hispanica
635 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

You guys, post extremely fast.

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Bujahla wrote:-snip

You know me. Fuckin' A-H, cannot into surviving at all. Like, surviving isn't even a goal anymore, that's how bad it is.

Lunas Legion wrote:Neros, A-H has got a colony in the form of an annoying brown splotch around the Gambia.

Gross, dirty African peasants. I hereby declare them expelled from my glorious, failing regime.

Fortunagen wrote:

Oooooh! I want it! Neros, want to let me RP what happens to the colony and take over if your empire is falling?

What nation are you anyways? I'm taking full control of the Austrian Empire's collapse anyways, so I'll let the colony fall to proto-ebola mixed with a deadly case of polio.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Trisian wrote:You guys, post extremely fast.

Not fast enough! This thread must grow at a faster rate than China >:( (Well, more like China's growth before it slowed down)
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Bujahla wrote:

Nope, I happen to dislike you and thought you were not here. I may just leave because you're here.

More realistically though, it's because nothing can save the rotting empire of the Habsburgs. I plan to end it here and now, no more beating around the bush. I play my nations realistically, deal with it.

Not fast enough! This thread must grow at a faster rate than China >:( (Well, more like China's growth before it slowed down)

WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING
Last edited by Neros on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Fortunagen wrote:

If Lenin loses in Russia, Finland shall have to get past the glorious Red Navy to invade what will become the African Socialist Union.

Trisian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Dear god, my WIP app is already buried like 15 pages, and I just went to school and football practice.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Trisian wrote:

Dear god, my WIP app is already buried like 15 pages, and I just went to school and football practice.

Haha. I ma afraid of logging off because I know when I come back, it will probably be 3x times the size when I left. :p
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Trisian wrote:

That's NS for you. It has 2 speeds; a rape train with no brakes, or brakes with no train.

Trisian
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Trisian wrote:Dear god, my WIP app is already buried like 15 pages, and I just went to school and football practice.

Haha. I ma afraid of logging off because I know when I come back, it will probably be 3x times the size when I left. :p

Don't go to sleep, it will probably reach page 50 by the time you wake up.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Trisian wrote:Dear god, my WIP app is already buried like 15 pages, and I just went to school and football practice.

That's NS for you. It has 2 speeds; a rape train with no brakes, or brakes with no train.

:rofl:

That made me laugh in RL

Trisian wrote:

Don't go to sleep, it will probably reach page 50 by the time you wake up.

^ My worse nightmare :lol2:
Last edited by The Grand Republic of Hannover on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Neros wrote:

Nope, I happen to dislike you and thought you were not here. I may just leave because you're here.
Woah there. Chill pill needed!

I am having a hard time keeping up too

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Greater Mid West wrote:
Neros wrote:Nope, I happen to dislike you and thought you were not here. I may just leave because you're here.
Woah there. Chill pill needed!

It might be sarcasm.

But this post might also be sarcastic.

And your post may, also, be sarcasm.

So, have fun figuring out what is sarcastic.

Greater Mid West
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mid West » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Greater Mid West wrote: Woah there. Chill pill needed!

It might be sarcasm.

But this post might also be sarcastic.

And your post may, also, be sarcasm.

So, have fun figuring out what is sarcastic.
lmfao. It is not inception, it is sarception.
But he does sound very bitter lolz
Last edited by Greater Mid West on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Oooooh! I want it! Neros, want to let me RP what happens to the colony and take over if your empire is falling?

If Lenin loses in Russia, Finland shall have to get past the glorious Red Navy to invade what will become the African Socialist Union.

Did you mention the existence of a Red Navy? Hah! Silly communist!
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse