NATION

PASSWORD

The Historical RP Group HQ 2

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have a sexual fetish?

Yes, more than one
23%
Yes, one
16%
Sort of/maybe/not sure
42%
No
19%

Total votes : 31

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 am

Reatra wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:"Aloha snackbar"
-TNL, 2015

"Gloria a La Superba! Morte a Venezia!"

- RyRy/Remei/René/Riley/Rimak/Rinqa/Reilly/Holy-Fuck-I-Have-A-Ton-Of-"R"-Names, 2015

"Go home Reatra, China is calling."
- Everyone.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:"People don't think history be like it is, but it do"
~NAE, 2015

"History do be like it is but do we do like we is"

-NGR, circa. 2015
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:22 pm

"K."
- General Kryskov Bonaparte, 2035, when asked to retreat from the Battle of Kanerberg Forest.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:29 pm

"We've got eight hours to defeat the Americans, because I don't feel like missing my concubines AGAIN tonight."

- Impirren Riley Soto, defending San Francisco from American armies during the Californian War for Independence.
yee haw it's time for mass line

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Reatra wrote:"We've got eight hours to defeat the Americans, because I don't feel like missing my concubines AGAIN tonight."

- Impirren Riley Soto, defending San Francisco from American armies during the Californian War for Independence.

>Californiay
>independence
ahahaha

*nukes everything*

go back to running out of water

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:42 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Reatra wrote:"We've got eight hours to defeat the Americans, because I don't feel like missing my concubines AGAIN tonight."

>Californiay
>independence
ahahaha

*nukes everything*

#Desalination

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Reatra wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:>Californiay
>independence
ahahaha

*nukes everything*

#Desalination

#Salty

Wait a minute...
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Reatra wrote:#Desalination

#Salty

Wait a minute...

I like that one.

Adurnak
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm

"I'm sorry but what are this and why are you an doing this things?"
-Adurnak upon reading strange messages on his third favourite web page
I can't believe how long I've been on this website

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 am

"Anything's a POD if you're brave enough."

-Caltraham Lincoln, 2015
Last edited by Caltarania on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 am

"This manure stinks."

-Nobody
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:02 am

Reatra wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:"Aloha snackbar"
-TNL, 2015

"Gloria a La Superba! Morte a Venezia!"

- RyRy/Remei/René/Riley/Rimak/Rinqa/Reilly/Holy-Fuck-I-Have-A-Ton-Of-"R"-Names, 2015

Execute this source of heresy, of crimes against logic, of high treason by power of Extraterrestrial Astro-Bats immediately.
-tJS/Jon/John/Jonny/Jonathan, now and always.
Caltarania wrote:"Anything's a POD if you're brave enough."

-Caltraham Lincoln, 2015

Wise words.
*applauds*
Finland SSR wrote:"This manure stinks."

-Nobody

Actually, I'd say most victims of Manure Bombings had that thought.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Here comes The shitty unfinished map of the day!
http://i.imgur.com/8xoecyB.png
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
La Dernière Guerre

"This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years."

-Ferdinand Foch

Theme

The date is the 2nd of March, 1941.

The Second World War has ended.

The Allies have won.

(Image)

In 1889, John Frederick Charles Fuller made the fateful decision to remain with his parents resident in Switzerland. Interested in military affairs, the Francophone Englishman sought out a career as a member of the French Army, which after some deliberation on his citizenship took him up to be educated at Saint-Cyr, and gained the nickname "Petit Napoleon" for his love of the old French Commander.

Jean Fuller, as he began to style himself, served with some distinction in the First World War, and an early supported of the French implementation of armoured units, especially the influential FT16 light tank. The conclusion of the war left Fuller in correspondence with a young man by the name of Charles de Gaulle. Together, they formulated several theories of armoured and mechanised warfare, and despite heated arguments took it upon themselves to spread their concepts throughout the General Staff.

Fuller and De Gaulle failed to instil the same spirit of élan and adventure in their comrades as they felt in themselves, but nonetheless their publications grew to be rather successful, cause for debate within France and abroad among those who could be bothered to translate the rare texts. One particularly influential reader was one Herr Hitler, the leader of the late Third Reich, who adopted Fuller's ideas with gusto. Behind the safety of the Maginot line, however, efforts were made to prepare France for a different war, one that had not been seen before, with a mix of strike and holding units to defend and attack simultaneously.

The War came, in a manner that was largely expected. The vast destructive powers of Nazi Germany spilled into Poland, aided from the East by the armies of the gargantuan Soviet Union, in an Axis of Evil that would surely come to control most of the world. The unattended Siegfried line stood no chance.

Into the Rhineland thousands of French soldiers poured, volunteers all, brave fools willing to die for their country. German conscripts hid in bunkers that were torn apart by well-placed artillery barrages, along a defensive perimeter that was as insecure as it was unfinished. The Wehrmacht was helpless; caught in the East, it swung West only to face an offensive that had already reached Frankfurt. Low on supplies and munitions, it only took a few more months of fighting before exhausted and unable to fight, Germany surrendered in shame.

The utter routing of the German army had a few effects on the political scene. Poland, freed from German occupation, cried liberty at the Russian oppressor while the Allies quietly secured a peace that ensured the country's independence. These days, every week, thousands flow from what used to be Poland into their new country, a greatly-expanded patch of land holding defiantly steady between the bear and the broken steamroller. Belgium, Poland, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, and France, all former belligerents against the Nazi cause have all insisted on vast demilitarised territories, the new defensive positions of the modern age. Italy, defeated even with so little fighting, finds itself increasingly unsure in a world thoroughly opposed to her self-strengthening. A tenuous peace has slipped across Europe, and it is a desperate question to ask whether it will hold.

This is cool. A few map oddities though; e.g. why is Vienna Czechoslovak?
Finland SSR wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Welcome to the Anglospheric Hegemony.

English, English above all.

To be honest, most of my AHs have been subtly designed to allow Latin to remain as world lingua franca, rather than English or French :p
Arcerion wrote:For the world building competition, was there ever a formal thread introduced for it?

No, there won't be until a few days before submission. Which, by the way, is the 1st of August.

The First Historical Roleplay Group Worldbuilding Competition

Welcome one and all to the inaugural Historical RP Group Worldbuilding Competition! Anybody may enter this contest, to create the best universe they can. It will be judged by me, Alleniana, and approximately the best third of entries will be ranked and presented (though lower ranked entries will also be given scores and feedback). There will be no prizes other than bragging rights. There will be clear criteria judged upon, and certain rules, presented below:

Criteria
The entry will be judged in three major categories:
Concept, Detail, Presentation

The concept is the overall idea; the basis, the theme, the principles on which the world is functioning. It is to do with how imaginative and interesting the world is, as a whole. In a way, it also relates to how cohesive considering the overall feel and ideas that it has been constructed with, and how well-devised they are. It may also relate to general realism.

Detail is just that; the detail. It is generally to do more with the effort put in, and the development of the main ideas into actuality. The broader and better explained the world is, the higher it will score on this. Most likely, the more you do (i.e. the more expansive the world), the more thought you put into it, and the better aspects work with each other, the higher the detail score.

Presentation is to do with the way that the work is presented and shown. It relates to how easy it is to access the information, how easy it is to understand it, and how well the concept and detail are conveyed. Aesthetics play a great role in this category. Images, such as flags or maps, that engage with the audience or are of good quality, and formatting/structure will help raise this, in particular.

Rules & Guidelines
1. Do your own work; while you can resubmit work that you have done in the past, that is not preferable, and if that work was a collaboration or uses someone else's format (i.e. a wiki template), it is really toeing the line, and may not be accepted.
2. Try not to reveal or release too much before the fact. It helps prevent copying (after all, no claims of plagiarism can be made if a person never had access to the alleged copied material!), and makes the "grand reveal" grander.
3. You may work in a group with others, but please keep these groups reasonable, like, try not to recruit the whole of /pol/ or something. :P
4. Only one entry per person/group is allowed. If you have submitted, or are part of a group that has submitted an official entry, you may not submit another. If you require clarification on this (i.e. helping without recognition, what constitutes helping, order of submission), TG me.
5. Submission will be on the 1st of August; I will allow submissions a few days before and after (in fact, don't worry about being too early at all), so it's not a hard-set date, but most certainly, you won't be accepted with a submission weeks after that date.

Revision 3

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:
La Dernière Guerre

"This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years."

-Ferdinand Foch

Theme

The date is the 2nd of March, 1941.

The Second World War has ended.

The Allies have won.

(Image)

In 1889, John Frederick Charles Fuller made the fateful decision to remain with his parents resident in Switzerland. Interested in military affairs, the Francophone Englishman sought out a career as a member of the French Army, which after some deliberation on his citizenship took him up to be educated at Saint-Cyr, and gained the nickname "Petit Napoleon" for his love of the old French Commander.

Jean Fuller, as he began to style himself, served with some distinction in the First World War, and an early supported of the French implementation of armoured units, especially the influential FT16 light tank. The conclusion of the war left Fuller in correspondence with a young man by the name of Charles de Gaulle. Together, they formulated several theories of armoured and mechanised warfare, and despite heated arguments took it upon themselves to spread their concepts throughout the General Staff.

Fuller and De Gaulle failed to instil the same spirit of élan and adventure in their comrades as they felt in themselves, but nonetheless their publications grew to be rather successful, cause for debate within France and abroad among those who could be bothered to translate the rare texts. One particularly influential reader was one Herr Hitler, the leader of the late Third Reich, who adopted Fuller's ideas with gusto. Behind the safety of the Maginot line, however, efforts were made to prepare France for a different war, one that had not been seen before, with a mix of strike and holding units to defend and attack simultaneously.

The War came, in a manner that was largely expected. The vast destructive powers of Nazi Germany spilled into Poland, aided from the East by the armies of the gargantuan Soviet Union, in an Axis of Evil that would surely come to control most of the world. The unattended Siegfried line stood no chance.

Into the Rhineland thousands of French soldiers poured, volunteers all, brave fools willing to die for their country. German conscripts hid in bunkers that were torn apart by well-placed artillery barrages, along a defensive perimeter that was as insecure as it was unfinished. The Wehrmacht was helpless; caught in the East, it swung West only to face an offensive that had already reached Frankfurt. Low on supplies and munitions, it only took a few more months of fighting before exhausted and unable to fight, Germany surrendered in shame.

The utter routing of the German army had a few effects on the political scene. Poland, freed from German occupation, cried liberty at the Russian oppressor while the Allies quietly secured a peace that ensured the country's independence. These days, every week, thousands flow from what used to be Poland into their new country, a greatly-expanded patch of land holding defiantly steady between the bear and the broken steamroller. Belgium, Poland, Czechoslovakia, the Netherlands, and France, all former belligerents against the Nazi cause have all insisted on vast demilitarised territories, the new defensive positions of the modern age. Italy, defeated even with so little fighting, finds itself increasingly unsure in a world thoroughly opposed to her self-strengthening. A tenuous peace has slipped across Europe, and it is a desperate question to ask whether it will hold.

This is cool. A few map oddities though; e.g. why is Vienna Czechoslovak?
Finland SSR wrote:English, English above all.

To be honest, most of my AHs have been subtly designed to allow Latin to remain as world lingua franca, rather than English or French :p
Arcerion wrote:For the world building competition, was there ever a formal thread introduced for it?

No, there won't be until a few days before submission. Which, by the way, is the 1st of August.

The First Historical Roleplay Group Worldbuilding Competition

Welcome one and all to the inaugural Historical RP Group Worldbuilding Competition! Anybody may enter this contest, to create the best universe they can. It will be judged by me, Alleniana, and approximately the best third of entries will be ranked and presented (though lower ranked entries will also be given scores and feedback). There will be no prizes other than bragging rights. There will be clear criteria judged upon, and certain rules, presented below:

Criteria
The entry will be judged in three major categories:
Concept, Detail, Presentation

The concept is the overall idea; the basis, the theme, the principles on which the world is functioning. It is to do with how imaginative and interesting the world is, as a whole. In a way, it also relates to how cohesive considering the overall feel and ideas that it has been constructed with, and how well-devised they are. It may also relate to general realism.

Detail is just that; the detail. It is generally to do more with the effort put in, and the development of the main ideas into actuality. The broader and better explained the world is, the higher it will score on this. Most likely, the more you do (i.e. the more expansive the world), the more thought you put into it, and the better aspects work with each other, the higher the detail score.

Presentation is to do with the way that the work is presented and shown. It relates to how easy it is to access the information, how easy it is to understand it, and how well the concept and detail are conveyed. Aesthetics play a great role in this category. Images, such as flags or maps, that engage with the audience or are of good quality, and formatting/structure will help raise this, in particular.

Rules & Guidelines
1. Do your own work; while you can resubmit work that you have done in the past, that is not preferable, and if that work was a collaboration or uses someone else's format (i.e. a wiki template), it is really toeing the line, and may not be accepted.
2. Try not to reveal or release too much before the fact. It helps prevent copying (after all, no claims of plagiarism can be made if a person never had access to the alleged copied material!), and makes the "grand reveal" grander.
3. You may work in a group with others, but please keep these groups reasonable, like, try not to recruit the whole of /pol/ or something. :P
4. Only one entry per person/group is allowed. If you have submitted, or are part of a group that has submitted an official entry, you may not submit another. If you require clarification on this (i.e. helping without recognition, what constitutes helping, order of submission), TG me.
5. Submission will be on the 1st of August; I will allow submissions a few days before and after (in fact, don't worry about being too early at all), so it's not a hard-set date, but most certainly, you won't be accepted with a submission weeks after that date.

Revision 3

OH SHIT FUCK THAT REMINDS ME I NEED TO DO THAT

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Hey Allen, since I don't feel like italicizing everything can I type my stuff on a google docs and make it public and showcase THAT?

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Oi! Who eantd to join me in making an entry in the comtest?
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Oi! Who eantd to join me in making an entry in the comtest?

what's your idea?

broad question, but maybe we can do something.

e: RE: nuclear war AHRP scenarios
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:37 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Oi! Who eantd to join me in making an entry in the comtest?

what's your idea?

JAJAJAJAJA

But in Europe or something. Like Germany, and East and West men and women have to make friends until their respective militaries come (or don't)

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:

what's your idea?

Diadochi...
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 am

Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:what's your idea?

Diadochi...

>denbts

no thx lol

e: very mild hint for my worldbuilding idea
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

The New Lowlands wrote:
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Diadochi...

>denbts

no thx lol

e: very mild hint for my worldbuilding idea

I don't really know what it is

But I think a space race that keeps going.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Reatra wrote:Hey Allen, since I don't feel like italicizing everything can I type my stuff on a google docs and make it public and showcase THAT?

Sure. Any format is ok; Google Doc, Microsoft Word on Dropbox or some file sharer, NS post, etc. so long as it's accessible.

Anyway, it's... what, a week and a bit from submission now? Get ready everybody :P
Last edited by Alleniana on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:01 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:

what's your idea?

Question 21 August 2089
Glory to the Motherland is in the wrong declension.
I'm really tired

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 pm

UnStellar wrote:"Stop acting like self-important philosophers."
- UnStellar

"We are important, unfortunately. Important among the best important people at this group, including you. We all are important."

-Altito Asmoro
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse