NATION

PASSWORD

The Anime RP (OOC/Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:These look good, but regarding the powers I'd like to know:
a) What on Earth does 21 kilotons of energy mean?
b) What is the extent of the necrokinesis? That is, how easy is it for them to kill people and other such things?
c) For how long can Divine Wind be employed at a time?
d) What's the extent of Flaming Kyuujutsu? That is, how destructive/deadly/etc. can it actually be?
Once you answer these questions (and possibly adjust their power if I deem them to be too OP) I'd be happy to accept both apps.

A) Means this. The name hints at its origin. Though, now that I think about it, perhaps it should be dialed-down to a quarter of that.

B) This is going to be a multiple answer: (1) As to the difficulty of killing people, think of the power acting like low-dose radiation poisioning, or frost bite. The longer you stay the focus of it, the worse off you'll be. It would mainly be used to weaken a target, in preperation for the actual coup de grace killing move. (2) Other such things would include calling on and raising the dead in physical form. This ability would only pretain to dead individuals from their time periods.

C) I assume until the Zero is shot down. Did you have a time limit in mind?

D) Well, you a lot of flaming arrows puncturing your body and anything in the immedite area :p I would think that indiscriminte property damage would be involved as well, with fire being involved
Last edited by TriStates on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:39 pm

TriStates wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:These look good, but regarding the powers I'd like to know:
a) What on Earth does 21 kilotons of energy mean?
b) What is the extent of the necrokinesis? That is, how easy is it for them to kill people and other such things?
c) For how long can Divine Wind be employed at a time?
d) What's the extent of Flaming Kyuujutsu? That is, how destructive/deadly/etc. can it actually be?
Once you answer these questions (and possibly adjust their power if I deem them to be too OP) I'd be happy to accept both apps.

A) Means this. The name hints at its origin. Though, now that I think about it, perhaps it should be dialed-down to a quarter of that.

B) This is going to be a multiple answer: (1) As to the difficulty of killing people, think of the power acting like low-dose radiation poisioning, or frost bite. The longer you stay the focus of it, the worse off you'll be. It would mainly be used to weaken a target, in preperation for the actual coup de grace killing move. (2) Other such things would include calling on and raising the dead in physical form. This ability would only pretain to dead individuals from their time periods.

C) I assume until the Zero is shot down. Did you have a time limit in mind?

D) Well, you a lot of flaming arrows puncturing your body and anything in the immedite area :p I would think that indiscriminte property damage would be involved as well, with fire being involved

a) Yeah, it'll have to be reduced. Only gods, fully-awakened magical girls, and a few very high-level angels and demons would be able to cause that much destruction all on their own. Perhaps you could be able to destroy a large building? I think that it should also have some exhausting effect on the user. Give me a scale of what you had in mind and I'll tell you whether or not it's ok.
b) Sounds good.
c) That should be fine. I don't see it as something that would be used often anyways.
d) That should be ok, as long as it's not some ridiculously large amount of arrows that's impossible to counter or avoid.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
TriStates wrote:a) Yeah, it'll have to be reduced. Only gods, fully-awakened magical girls, and a few very high-level angels and demons would be able to cause that much destruction all on their own. Perhaps you could be able to destroy a large building? I think that it should also have some exhausting effect on the user. Give me a scale of what you had in mind and I'll tell you whether or not it's ok.
b) Sounds good.
c) That should be fine. I don't see it as something that would be used often anyways.
d) That should be ok, as long as it's not some ridiculously large amount of arrows that's impossible to counter or avoid.

I think thats an good idea. For more exact measurements, lets say 1,362 feet or 110 stories. Something equivalent to that would be the Twin Towers, or the Sears Tower. Naturally the destruction of such a large object would tire Saito sufficently. What do you think.

As for D, don't worry, I won't pull a 300 and blot out the sun :p
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

TriStates wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:

I think thats an good idea. For more exact measurements, lets say 1,362 feet or 110 stories. Something equivalent to that would be the Twin Towers, or the Sears Tower. Naturally the destruction of such a large object would tire Saito sufficently. What do you think.

Sounds good.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:10 pm

TriStates wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:

300 searing hot arrows won't blot out the sun, 5,000 would more likely do the trick.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Trying to think of a disadvantage for my next character, problem is the best off thing I've got for him would be Arrogant (just by pulling stuff out of the list).

Figuring this is the likest thing for his weakness - Hidden hero: He's going to go heroic on the occasion, although he won't admit that's a hero ever and that there's actually an agenda behind his reason for acting heroic.

He's a shady neutral guy who's genuinely going to be passive about fights he loves knowledge (another thing that could potentially be a weakness somehow), intellectually (mostly in wisdom, none of the battle strategy though) he's somewhat like General Iroh without the bscrazy part or Gandalf without the children/fun loving part and a darker tune of magic.
Broadside dead ahead!

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Raktio wrote:
TriStates wrote:300 searing hot arrows won't blot out the sun, 5,000 would more likely do the trick.

Hollywood disagrees
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
TriStates wrote:

Sounds good.

What about me?
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Sounds good.

What about me?

I'll check on it in a minute, don't you fret.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
What about me?

I'll check on it in a minute, don't you fret.

Too late! I'm fretting!!!
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Re-did my character, ready for OP approval.

Name: Andreas Takeshi
Species: Android (Previously Human)
Appearance:

Personality: Extremely reserved, yet incredibly rude and arrogant to a fault when talking to another person. He's one of those quiet people who whenever they speak, they just spew pure venom, except Andreas does it indiscriminately to whomever is unlucky enough to be in his cross-hairs. Perhaps deep down he has some redeeming qualities, but getting to them requires talking all kinds of unwarranted verbal abuse.
Likes: Hand-to-hand combat (preference for Judo and Boxing), Sports, Electronics, Pets, Food, Impressionable people
Dislikes: Useless conversations, Affection, Randomness, Other people
Strengths/Abilities: Android Body, Cyber Mind, Enhanced Combat, Regeneration (Master Level)
Weaknesses: No Friends, Many enemies, Technology-dependent (and shit like an EMP, for lack of a better turn, would probably shut him off), Criminal history, Underestimates every opponent.
Powers: N/A
Bio:
A bonafide rebel and trouble-maker, Andreas was born to a Greek visa-worker and a native Japanese woman, both of whom gave little to the boy's development. He fell in with the wrong crowd almost too easily, and due to his size, always dwarfed his companions and thus became known as a the meat and muscle of whoever he hung around with. Andreas began a life of crime, and got his first arrest at age 13 for shoplifting. He soon began to partake in much more organized crimes and families, developing a name for himself as this quiet, bruising fellow who could knock out some teeth with a straight face. Thus, the Yakuza began to use his immense strength to their own ends, becoming a kind of debt collector, bouncer, and hit man the superiors would send in to knock some heads around.

However, he also attracted the attention of rivals, and soon he had a bounty on his head. Shot, stabbed, beaten, and left for dead, Andreas was on the verge of death when he made it to the hospital. Thanks to his loyalty to the Yakuza, and their connections to high-end robotic technology, they were able to transform him into a completely robotic body, as his old one was too far gone beyond any sort of medical repair. This served a dual purpose for the Yakuza as well, it showed that they will protect their own, and it made Andreas owe them a life debt, meaning he would be closer tied to the organization. Plus, who wouldn't want an android protecting them in their latest drug exchange rather some random guy off the street? Andreas loved his new body, and quickly set out to test it's limits, which he found hard to reach.

He's now a gruff, take-no-prisoners sort of guy, but still doesn't talk too much. Never saw the need to do much talking when you could do something instead. He's never afraid to start a fight or cripple another person just for an off-color comment, but he has shown personal restraint when needed. He's the kind of guy you always see walking down the sidewalk and everyone clears a path for him, not out of respect, but out of fear. To Andreas, those could pretty much be the same thing.

Additional Information: He enjoys going to the gym, mostly because his android body makes him far stronger than anyone there. Just a force of habit from his old days, even though he has no need to work out. Completely gutted and re-did my character because fuck nice guys.

Anime Attributes:
Qualities: Dramatic Entrance, Delinquent, Jerkass, Jerk With A Heart Of Gold
Advantages: KO, Fast, Skilled: Hand-to-Hand Combat
Disadvantages: Arrogant, Accidental Innuendo, Thickheaded,

Theme Song: such angst
RP Sample: Okay.
Last edited by Neros on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Jainun wrote:-snip-

Not the best RP sample I've ever seen, but it looks like you've put a lot of effort into your app and your RPing looks decent enough. Accepted.
Hetland 2 wrote:-snip-

Accepted.
Neros wrote:-snip-

Accepted.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Now that I'm accepted, what's happening in thread?

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Name: Kevin McCuloch
Species: 1/8 dragon 7/8 magic human (in other words shadow person)
Appearance:
This suit with this [urlhttp://sword-canes.com/CANE-SWORD-SKULL.jpg]cane[/url] (it actually doesn't look like that since everything's black, read bio for actual description)
Personality: He is a person of great intellect and enjoys talking with people as well as reading (typically ancient) texts of knowledge. Genuinely he's fairly passive and patient (makes him a good councilor as well, and he won't go out of his way to be patient). He tends to keep down just how much magic he uses for fighting since he's got the skills and knowledge to take down someone else with less power than they have, bringing his full might into battle however is worse than a single magic girl since he's capable of using advanced things beyond the comprehension of most people.
Likes: Gaining knowledge, people interested in learning, and philosophy
Dislikes: Idiots, (and even worse) people not willing to learn, being prevented from finding out information and knowledge.
Strengths/Abilities: Sword fighting, finding tings, researching, learning.
Weaknesses: He's got a never going to actually heal completely leg which makes him have a few leg related problems including stiffness, aches when it's cold or wet (as well as cause him to limp slightly), and inhibits his running. (trying to think of a second, likely will be just how much he thirst for knowledge will drive him)
Powers: He's able to do magic (more knowledge in necromancy, nethermancy <shadow magic>, arcane, and summoning, but still a great deal in other areas), One type of magic he's paticularaly good at due to sheer amount of practice is portal creation
Bio: He grew up in a uncharted (in the sense that Hogwarts is impossible to find) town used to death, killing, and necromancy (therefore also undead) being a common thing. When he was old enough to be responsible with magic he began to learn necromancy and seconded with nethermancy. He learned things very fast and was proven to be a natural welder of the arcane forces, his teachers afraid that he would be much more powerful than them attempted to limited his studies. He however managed to acquired books to learn from none the less, from his father's secret library where he studied every single book advancing his knowledge far beyond his years and he practiced in secret expanding his own capabilities beyond most necromancers would ever achieve. His life took a different turn at the age of 16 when his girlfriend (17, and a vampire) and himself had a car accident the other car had crushed the front passenger side totally crushing his right leg where you could hear the stomach lurching crunch and the sound of a bone snapping. He used necromancy to temporarily hold his girlfriend in a non-feral state (he was bleeding) than using nethermancy he tore his way out of the car (imagine shadow tentacles than using it as a brace than walking away while letting her feast on the people in the other car than blowing both up when she was clear. Later he tried to fix his leg up, however screwed up and was stuck with it mostly healed, enough that all he needed was a cane for walking. Using materials not of this universe he crafted himself a cane. It is made a black material with a silver skull on top with black eyes which if you stare into them they seem to go to infinite depths. The canes black length had the feeling of different shades of darkness which seemed to shift and change as though it was alive (which it's not). The cane was more than a creation meant for the purpose of assistants for walking, it is actually a sword-cane. The sword its self was dark enough that it absorbs the light from its surroundings creating a shadowy aura to it. The blade's more than razer sharp capable of cutting through most materials known to man as though they were butter, however Kevin's hardly ever seen reason to pull it out. Although not an expert he's fluent in fighting with it as a cane and as a sword. A few months after his leg was as healed as it was going to get he left the place to explore the world. On of his fist stops was family in North America where he spent three months with his grand father and semi-distant cousin who was married to a Native American. Before leaving the country his grand father gifted him with a old Ford T-bird which was ironically possessed by a actual Thunderbird. He also has visited a few other places as well collecting artifacts here and there and made himself a library of ancient text.
Additional Information: He's got a collection of artifacts including the face of a skull (jawbone included) which he uses for when he's fighting. It seals to his face and effectively looks as though it is his face it also allow him to instill fear into people who looks it it, enough to paralyze the weaker minded.

Anime Attributes: (optional, but you should use them anyway)
Qualities: Delinquent, Berzerk button, Out of nowhere, Magnificent bastard (this may fail him a few times though, and when it does it's going to be a very big ouch)
Advantages: Skilled (Magic)
Disadvantages: Hidden hero: He's going to go heroic on the occasion, although he won't admit that's a hero ever and that there's actually an agenda behind his reason for acting heroic.

Theme Song: (Link to a song on YouTube or some other site; optional)
RP Sample: (A link to an RP post of yours or a couple of paragraphs demonstrating your writing.)

[url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard]Magnificent Bastard[url/]
Broadside dead ahead!

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Wait... now I'm really confused. Is the IC up or not?

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm

The IC has not been put up yet, but it will soon.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm

TriStates wrote:The IC has not been put up yet, but it will soon.

Damn.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Mother of god you've piqued my interest.

Must...resist...Alucard-ing all over the floor...

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

Not the best RP sample I've ever seen, but it looks like you've put a lot of effort into your app and your RPing looks decent enough. Accepted.

Accepted.

Accepted.

At first I thought that comment towards Jainun was directed at me, and was like, jeez man, that's some tough standards you have.

But then I remembered to read names and such!

The V O I D wrote:Mother of god you've piqued my interest.

Must...resist...Alucard-ing all over the floor...

1v1 me kid get rekt

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Is there room for one more? Pretty please?

@Neros.
oi i will rekt u m8 i swer on me mum. 1v1 irl rite now, scrub. :p

Jainun
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:

Accepted.

Accepted.

Lol I should have done the first page of the RP instead of that one, or maybe the brief SAO similar RP I was in

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The V O I D wrote:Is there room for one more? Pretty please?

@Neros.

Not if you write like that bro.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Is there room for one more? Pretty please?

@Neros.

No worries, I'm a professional RPer. I promise.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:41 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

I dunno. Somehow that sounds even sketchier.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:42 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Can you give me a couple of RP samples to look over?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse