NATION

PASSWORD

World of Conquest V.3 [REBOOT/OOC/SIGN-UPS]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Slavicska
Secretary

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavicska » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Oops, logged in with the wrong account.

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 pm

a simple misunderstanding,no biggie (smalls) :p

Zgraja
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 pm

Slavicska is my other nation.

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Zgraja wrote:Slavicska is my other nation.

Ah.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 pm

Slavicska wrote:
Zgraja wrote:Nation Name: The British Empire

Nation Claims(You cannot make your own nation): The Red

Capital City: London

Nation Leader: King Ronald I

Nation Leader Description (History and physically): Ronald was born the first son of King William IV in 1805. Ronald took the throne in 1837 at the age of 32 when his father died. Ronald stands at 5'7" with short brown hair and green eyes. He is of muscular build having spent most of his 20's serving in the navy. While serving, Ronald achieved the rank of Captain while serving most of his time in the West Indies. Upon his return to London in 1833 he was made Duke of Clarence and St. Andrews. He is a fairly quiet man who shows little emotion.

Previous Nation Leader and Description: William IV was the previous leader of The British Empire, and the father of Ronald I.

Form of Rule: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy

Population(If you are top ten, or Australia, Italy or Mesopotamia, I have posted your pop above):
250 million

Military Population (no more than 5% in times of peace, check above to see if I have not given you your military pop): 130,000 standing, 1,200,000 reserve

Basic History of Nation:
Pre-history: Little is known of the people that called the British isles home before the Celts arrived. During the Iron Age the British isles saw an influx of Celtic peoples throughout.

Classical period: In 55 BC Julius Cesar began the invasion of Britannia, however the conquest did not start until 43 AD during the rain of Claudius. The Romans were able to extend their rule to the southern three quarters of the island, however the line was drawn at Hadrian's Wall. Roman rule lasted until 409 AD.

Early Medieval period: During the 5th century the Saxons invaded Britain and Anglo-Saxson kingdoms were formed. Around 600 AD seven kingdoms emerged, during this time the Anglo-Saxson kingdoms were christianised. In the 9th century Vikings from Denmark and Norway conquered most of the Britain save the kingdom of Wessex under Alfred the Great. Alfred the great was able to re-conquer and unify England for most of the 10th century and early 11th century, however a new series of Danish invasions led to the complete subjugation of England by Canute the Great. Eventually Danish rule was overthrown by Edward the Confessor and the house of Wessex was restored for about two decades until his death in 1066.

Late Medieval period: In 1066 William, Duke of Normandy proclaimed that he was the rightful heir to the English throne and invaded England. He defeated King Harold II at the Battle of Hastings and proclaimed himself King. He strengthened his regime by appointing loyal members of the Norman elite to positions of authority, building castles across the country and taking a census of his kingdom. This book is refered to as the doomsday book. The late medieval period was characterized by many battles between the English and French which culminated in the Hundred Years' War, from which the French emerged the victors. The monarchs during this period belonged to the houses of Plantaganet, Lancaster, and York.

Early Modern period: In 1485, after the Battle of Bosworth Field, Henry Tudor was crowned King of England and known as Henry VII. His reign brought peace and stability to England and art and commerce were able to thrive. During this period Henry VII and his son Henry VIII increased the power of the English monarch greatly. Henry VIII also made us of the Protestant Reformation to seize the power of the Roman Catholic Church by confiscating the property of the monasteries and declaring himself the head of the new Anglican Church. When Queen Elizabeth I ascended to the throne in 1558 England was thrust into a golden age. It was the height of the English Renaissance. It was during this time that the English began exploring and settling in the new world know as the Americas. Due to tensions between the English and the Spanish the Anglo-Spanish war erupted which lasted from 1585-1604. In 1588 the Spanish unsuccessfully tried to invade England with the Spanish Armada. In 1603 James VI, King of Scots, became the became the new King of England when his cousin Elizabeth died without husband or child.

Modern period: On May 1 1707 the United Kingdom of Great Britain was born shortly after the parliaments of Scotland and England ratified the Treaty of Union. The era was very prosperous with Britain expanding its influence around the world. From 1700 to 1850 Great Britain was involved in 137 wars and, apart from losing the American War of Independence, was generally successful at war. During the 1760s and 1770s relations between the thirteen colonies and Britain became increasingly strained, primarily because of resentment that the British could tax the Americans without their consent. Disagreement turned to violence and in 1775 the American War of Independence began. The following year the colonists declared themselves independent from Great Britain on July 4th 1776 and with economical and naval assistance from France, went on to win the war in 1783. In 1801 the British merged with the Irish forming the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. In 1812 the British once again went to war with the Americans. In 1801 King Ronald's grandfather George III took the throne. In 1820 it was passed to George IV and in 1830 it was passed to William IV. In 1837 King Ronald I took the throne upon his fathers death.

Basic Summery of Current Situation(Also may be posted above for your nation): Poor Great Britain; having lost the US, Australia, and New Zealand, never having Gibraltar or South Africa, and having to share Canada and India has definitely put a dent in the power of the English. However, Great Britain is no nation to scoff at. With significant colonies on every continent, most of which are larger than any other nations’, Great Britain presence is still around. Along with this, Great Britain has the best infrastructure in the world, as well as the highest native literacy rate the world has seen. This, along with significant industries throughout its Empire, puts Great Britain among the most powerful nations in the world.

Basic Plans for RP: Continued expansion into south and Eastern Africa in an attempt to close the gap between Madagascar and British claims on the western edge of Africa. Establishing British authority in the world while also maintaining peace.

RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=282621

Good. I love it. Now we have to wait for Kiwi's post. I want to compare these.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:21 am

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Hey, any IC ETA?

ETA will be now, but, do not post invasions and such. We do not have enough players. Also, I need a Co-OP. Who is up for it?

Alright.
And I would be.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Slavicska wrote:

Good. I love it. Now we have to wait for Kiwi's post. I want to compare these.

nvm, I didn't realize someone else wanted to be the brits. I think I might be portugal, but I'm making an RP right now involving china-spain cold war, so I'm pretty busy.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:57 am

Reserve France please, as the precious OP no longer does, I'll apply tomorrow, I'm having computer troubles.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:39 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:Reserve France please, as the precious OP no longer does, I'll apply tomorrow, I'm having computer troubles.

Alright. Britain is now taken!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:Reserve France please, as the precious OP no longer does, I'll apply tomorrow, I'm having computer troubles.

Alright. Britain is now taken!

Huh?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:10 am

Alleniana wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Alright. Britain is now taken!

Huh?

Wait.. Did you reserve Britain or was it the other guy?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:12 am

Alleniana wrote:Huh?

Wait.. Did you reserve Britain or was it the other guy?

I'm Australia. But what has France got to do with Britain?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:16 am

Alleniana wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Wait.. Did you reserve Britain or was it the other guy?

I'm Australia. But what has France got to do with Britain?

I was telling him that since he will be reserving France, Britain will now be led by the other guy. I am editing the IC tomorrow, so please be patient. You can still post on the IC, just no expeditions, setting up colonies, invading, etc..

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 am

Alleniana wrote:I'm Australia. But what has France got to do with Britain?

I was telling him that since he will be reserving France, Britain will now be led by the other guy. I am editing the IC tomorrow, so please be patient. You can still post on the IC, just no expeditions, setting up colonies, invading, etc..

Oh, ok, I see.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Alleniana wrote:I'm Australia. But what has France got to do with Britain?

Is that intended towards me? If so, is it that I can't do any of those things ever or just until I finish my app?

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:36 pm

Nation Name: The Empire of Catalonia
Nation Claims: the blue + fiji
Capital City: Barcelona
Nation Leader: Marcel Ventura
Nation Leader Description: Marcel has only recently gained the throne, but has lots of promise. A direct contrast of his brother (who is rumored to be a bastard), Marcel is tall, slim, and rather handsome. He has a disfigured gimp arm, that ruins the effect though. Despite his arm, Marcel is impressive and intimidating, and a good ruler and diplomat.
Previous Nation Leader and Description: Fiacre Ventura was a short, fat, unimpressive man who sat upon the throne for barely a month before the nation got so fed up with his nonsense that he was booted and his brother set up in his place.
Form of Rule: Constitutional Monarchy
Population: ~200,000,000
Military Population: 200,000 standing army, 1,600,000 reserves
Basic History of Nation:
1470 - The Kingdom of Aragon is invaded by Castile
1470 - Aragon and Navarre form defensive alliance against Castile
1473 - Aragon and Navarre convince Portugal to declare war on Castile
1474 - Castile loses war against Aragon-Portugal-Navarre alliance
1479 - King of Navarre dies, King of Aragon rules both Kingdoms
1481 - Aragon changes it's name to Catalonia
1492 - The Portugese "discover" America
1546 - Malaria outbreak in northern France, royal family dies
1546 - King of Catalonia becomes King of France as well
1553 - Catalonia starts war with Castile
1555 - War ends in stalemate
1584 - War with Britain, ends in stalemate
1599 - Basque revolution ends with the establishment of a constitution
1634 - Corsica and Sardinia annexed
1678 - Minor border war with Castile
1759 - Aragonian dynasty overthrown, Venturan dynasty established
1793 - War with Castile, minor territorial gain
1801 - Conflict with Britain in the Punjab
1850 - present day
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Catalonia is currently in a very good position. Their military has just been upgraded to be supplied with volley guns, and is mobilized on the Ebro river, overlooking Castile. Catalonia is preparing for war, and is ready.
Basic Plans for RP: Destroy Castile, economically prevail over the HRE
RP Sample: not again... do I really have to again?
Last edited by Hippie Kiwis on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:18 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:Nation Name: The Empire of Catalonia
Nation Claims: the blue + the solomon islands and fiji
Nation Leader Description: Marcel has only recently gained the throne, but has lots of promise. A direct contrast of his brother (who is rumored to be a bastard), Marcel is tall, slim, and rather handsome. He has a disfigured gimp arm, that ruins the effect though. Despite his arm, Marcel is impressive and intimidating, and a good ruler and diplomat.
Previous Nation Leader and Description: Fiacre Ventura was a short, fat, unimpressive man who sat upon the throne for barely a month before the nation got so fed up with his nonsense that he was booted and his brother set up in his place.
Basic History of Nation: WIP
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Catalonia is currently in a ver good position. Their military has just been upgraded to be supplied with volley guns, and is mobilized on the Ebro river, overlooking Castile. Catalonia is preparing for war, and is ready.

I believe Australia owns the Solomon Islands and Fiji. It's not marked on the map, but most minor islands aren't.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 am

Alleniana wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:Nation Name: The Empire of Catalonia
Nation Claims: the blue + the solomon islands and fiji
Basic History of Nation: WIP
Basic Summery of Current Situation: Catalonia is currently in a ver good position. Their military has just been upgraded to be supplied with volley guns, and is mobilized on the Ebro river, overlooking Castile. Catalonia is preparing for war, and is ready.

I believe Australia owns the Solomon Islands and Fiji. It's not marked on the map, but most minor islands aren't.

what about just fiji then?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I believe Australia owns the Solomon Islands and Fiji. It's not marked on the map, but most minor islands aren't.

what about just fiji then?

I imagined Australia to own this:
http://i.imgur.com/VSkfZzj.png
Fiji appears to be ok.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 am

Alleniana wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:what about just fiji then?

I imagined Australia to own this:
Fiji appears to be ok.

seems reasonable. Now 6/7 of the continents with have a little Catalonian flag waving on them.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:37 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I imagined Australia to own this:
Fiji appears to be ok.

seems reasonable. Now 6/7 of the continents with have a little Catalonian flag waving on them.

:p
Fiji isn't technically part of the continent
If I wanted to, I could define myself as the only nation to own a whole continent.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 am

Alleniana wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:seems reasonable. Now 6/7 of the continents with have a little Catalonian flag waving on them.

:p
If I wanted to, I could define myself as the only nation to own a whole continent.

I don't believe in Australia, I believe in Oceania.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 am

7/7 if scottish'll let me set up whaling bases on antarctica

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:
Alleniana wrote: :p

I don't believe in Australia, I believe in Oceania.

Eh, Oceania has strange definitions. Some have it go from Hawaii to Sumatra.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 am

Alleniana wrote:
Hippie Kiwis wrote:I don't believe in Australia, I believe in Oceania.

Eh, Oceania has strange definitions. Some have it go from Hawaii to Sumatra.

I think of it as Australia + leftovers

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse