NATION

PASSWORD

A War to End All Wars[WWI Roleplay, OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Time Scale?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Month per day
16%
Month per two pages
4%
Month per page.
56%
Two months per day
12%
Two months per two pages
No votes
Two months per page
12%

Total votes : 25

Max Worshippers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Max Worshippers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
They'd have to attack Belgium or Spain or something for the UK to take up arms against them.

If they don't attack Belgium, the German war plans will go to shit. Literally their entire plan for war against France for dozens of years had been the Schlieffen plan; the moment the mobilisation button was hit, everything was set into action for that one, single plan. Unless you get Wilhelm II to randomly override literally everything, pissing off most of the army in the process, they're going to enact the Schlieffen plan. The only other strategy is to stop the bullrush and pile on the numbers at the French border, which would take longer, be extremely disorganised, and only be a stopgap measure until a proper other strategy was devised, which would probably fall to bits because of the annoyed generals, messed up battle plans already, troops taking heavy casualties, etc.

1. I haven't mobilized yet. Therefore the Schlieffen plan has not been enacted yet.
2. I think that if I can lull the French into attacking me I can successfully counter attack.
3. I can defend Elsasss-Lothringren very well and fight a war of attrition.
4. With a position so close to Paris I can bombard it nightly.
We do not need the Seals rant posted in sigs. We really do not.

Das Kaiserreich der Cruor
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Kaiserreich der Cruor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYziyzv ... f8Y0slKEjw

Germany doesn't need to invade Belgium if they seek British help BEFORE the war. That's what AH did with Germany before declaring war on Serbia.
To see Cruor's military, check out my factbook!

Also, ICly, we're not "The Empire of Das Kaiserreich der Cruor" or any of those shenanigans. We're just Cruor.

Current Wars

The Great Byzonic War

Past Wars

The Kirbatian-Draican-Waldensian Conflict - Ceasefire

The Waldensian Civil War - Monarchist/republican victory(Supported Monarchists)

The Cruorian-Karthalin War - Status Quo ante bellum

The Cruorian Civil War - UFS Victory

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Reserve Romania.
N U T S !

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Max Worshippers wrote:
Alleniana wrote:If they don't attack Belgium, the German war plans will go to shit. Literally their entire plan for war against France for dozens of years had been the Schlieffen plan; the moment the mobilisation button was hit, everything was set into action for that one, single plan. Unless you get Wilhelm II to randomly override literally everything, pissing off most of the army in the process, they're going to enact the Schlieffen plan. The only other strategy is to stop the bullrush and pile on the numbers at the French border, which would take longer, be extremely disorganised, and only be a stopgap measure until a proper other strategy was devised, which would probably fall to bits because of the annoyed generals, messed up battle plans already, troops taking heavy casualties, etc.

1. I haven't mobilized yet. Therefore the Schlieffen plan has not been enacted yet.
2. I think that if I can lull the French into attacking me I can successfully counter attack.

the only way to bombard paris will be the Paris Gun
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Das Kaiserreich der Cruor wrote:Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYziyzv ... f8Y0slKEjw

Germany doesn't need to invade Belgium if they seek British help BEFORE the war. That's what AH did with Germany before declaring war on Serbia.

But they didn't, and according to the IC it takes place right after the assassination of the Archduke.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Das Kaiserreich der Cruor wrote:Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYziyzv ... f8Y0slKEjw

no, germany gave them a blank check afterwards saying, any amount you want, we will give it if you declare war
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Maybe you could just completely prevent the entire war if Germany pressured Austria-Hungary into not declaring war on Serbia? Dunno if it would be plausible in a real life scenario but its just right after the assassination

Max Worshippers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Max Worshippers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Paketo wrote:

no, germany gave them a blank check afterwards saying, any amount you want, we will give it if you declare war

Tanganyika and Namibia are awfully expensive.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:Maybe you could just completely prevent the entire war if Germany pressured Austria-Hungary into not declaring war on Serbia? Dunno if it would be plausible in a real life scenario but its just right after the assassination

no, everyone wants war. they want to prove that they are superior to their neighbors. everyone is just wanting for that spark and the archduke is that spark
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Max Worshippers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Max Worshippers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 pm

Paketo wrote:
Soviet Chernarus wrote:Maybe you could just completely prevent the entire war if Germany pressured Austria-Hungary into not declaring war on Serbia? Dunno if it would be plausible in a real life scenario but its just right after the assassination

no, everyone wants war. they want to prove that they are superior to their neighbors. everyone is just wanting for that spark and the archduke is that spark

Yeah Germany needs this war.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Kaiserreich der Cruor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Paketo wrote:

I'd quote two posts at once, but I don't think I can.

The two posts above are both pretty wrong. Germany did give Austria a blank check, however they promised to protect Austria should Russia mobilize, in which they did and so the war escalated from there.

@Chernarus post about UK

The war doesn't immediately start with the assassination of the Archduke. There's about a month or so in between, in which is the time that Austria gave Serbia the ultimatum, Russia gearing up for war, Austria getting Germany's back, etc. The UK declared war on Germany a day after the German invasion of Belgium. France joined because of their alliance with Russia. Should Germany or Austria-Hungary go to the UK and ask for a military alliance or whatever, the UK could consider. The British and the French are both kind of EH on their relation. It's just really going to depend on what the countries in the RP do.

@Chernarus post about AH&Serbia

War in the RP will be forced anyway if it doesn't happen by 1925.

Also, ICly, we're not "The Empire of Das Kaiserreich der Cruor" or any of those shenanigans. We're just Cruor.

Current Wars

The Great Byzonic War

Past Wars

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Das Kaiserreich der Cruor wrote:
Paketo wrote:

I'd quote two posts at once, but I don't think I can.

The two posts above are both pretty wrong. Germany did give Austria a blank check, however they promised to protect Austria should Russia mobilize, in which they did and so the war escalated from there.

@Chernarus post about UK

The war doesn't immediately start with the assassination of the Archduke. There's about a month or so in between, in which is the time that Austria gave Serbia the ultimatum, Russia gearing up for war, Austria getting Germany's back, etc. The UK declared war on Germany a day after the German invasion of Belgium. France joined because of their alliance with Russia. Should Germany or Austria-Hungary go to the UK and ask for a military alliance or whatever, the UK could consider. The British and the French are both kind of EH on their relation. It's just really going to depend on what the countries in the RP do.

@Chernarus post about AH&Serbia

War in the RP will be forced anyway if it doesn't happen by 1925.

Okay, that makes sense.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:If they don't attack Belgium, the German war plans will go to shit. Literally their entire plan for war against France for dozens of years had been the Schlieffen plan; the moment the mobilisation button was hit, everything was set into action for that one, single plan. Unless you get Wilhelm II to randomly override literally everything, pissing off most of the army in the process, they're going to enact the Schlieffen plan. The only other strategy is to stop the bullrush and pile on the numbers at the French border, which would take longer, be extremely disorganised, and only be a stopgap measure until a proper other strategy was devised, which would probably fall to bits because of the annoyed generals, messed up battle plans already, troops taking heavy casualties, etc.

or belgium gives them military access

dirty floppy waffle them then
Max Worshippers wrote:

1. Not enacted, but you have literally no war plans other than the Schlieffen. You'd have to redraw years worth of planning in a single night.
2. ^
3. Attrition won't win you the war; they have the numbers
4. What? From where?

Max Worshippers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Max Worshippers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Paketo wrote:
or belgium gives them military access

dirty floppy waffle them then
Max Worshippers wrote:1. I haven't mobilized yet. Therefore the Schlieffen plan has not been enacted yet.

1. Not enacted, but you have literally no war plans other than the Schlieffen. You'd have to redraw years worth of planning in a single night.
2. ^
4. What? From where?

1. I can defend the now much smaller Western front very well, and wait for France to attack.
3. 8,500,000 VS 13,000,000 Better trained and equipped Troops (And a much larger navy and airforce).
4. Sorry I overestimated the Paris gun. (Fuck)

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Max Worshippers wrote:
Alleniana wrote:dirty floppy waffle them then

2. ^
4. What? From where?

1. I can defend the now much smaller Western front very well, and wait for France to attack.
3. 8,500,000 VS 13,000,000 Better trained and equipped Troops (And a much larger navy and airforce).

but your entire military plan is to capture paris within six weeks then take on russia
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Kaiserreich der Cruor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Paketo wrote:
Max Worshippers wrote:1. I can defend the now much smaller Western front very well, and wait for France to attack.

but your entire military plan is to capture paris within six weeks then take on russia

If he can get the British on his side, he won't need to worry about that as much. He'll just have to hold out on the German-French front, while the British attempt to launch amphibious assaults into France and try to get into Paris.

Yet again, whether Belgium follows the British or not can be important as well. Although a minor power, Belgium can be an annoyance.

Current Wars

The Great Byzonic War

Past Wars

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Belgium will only fight the war if we are invaded bc we are bound to neutrality.

However, our borders will be heavily defended should the war avoid us and if anyone so much as sets foot on Belgian land without an invite we are at war.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Das Kaiserreich der Cruor wrote:
Paketo wrote:

If he can get the British on his side, he won't need to worry about that as much. He'll just have to hold out on the German-French front, while the British attempt to launch amphibious assaults into France and try to get into Paris.

Yet again, whether Belgium follows the British or not can be important as well. Although a minor power, Belgium can be an annoyance.

i think that by now it is guaranteed that britain will remain neutral unless belgium is attacked. Britain has signed several treaties with france and fear germany much more than france as the german fleet is growing to possibly challenge the royal navy
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Moguchiy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Moguchiy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:08 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Belgium will only fight the war if we are invaded bc we are bound to neutrality.

However, our borders will be heavily defended should the war avoid us and if anyone so much as sets foot on Belgian land without an invite we are at war.

Operation Kidnap A British Guy engaged.
,,[_✯_]
,,(-__-)
DONT CLICK
Hurdegaryp wrote:
Pandeeria wrote:It's perplexing, but mostly pissing me off that he posts in such a format.

For one of those mythical creatures that dwell under bridges and who we are not supposed to call by their true name, dukey over there is one of the more formal ones. It's all a poorly executed joke, of course. But, this being NationStates General, it's not as if we have anything better to do than to collectively jump on this thread and start humping it like a mangy dog with poor impulse control.

Max Worshippers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Max Worshippers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Moguchiy wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Belgium will only fight the war if we are invaded bc we are bound to neutrality.

Operation Kidnap A British Guy engaged.

Dress French Speaking Germans as French Soldiers and march into Belgium through Luxembourg (Operation Omlette du Fromage).

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Max Worshippers wrote:
Alleniana wrote:dirty floppy waffle them then

2. ^
4. What? From where?

1. The Schlieffen plan has been planned down to the battalion; to the village, to the supply truck. How can you hope to even begin to devise a plan of that magnitude when war has already begun?
3. Russia? Like, tens of millions?
4. np

even serbs
whywhywhywhywhy
Max Worshippers wrote:
Moguchiy wrote:Operation Kidnap A British Guy engaged.

Dress French Speaking Germans as French Soldiers and march into Belgium through Luxembourg (Operation Omlette du Fromage).
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lex1s8ecQe1qba7mno1_500.gif

Saarth
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saarth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:17 pm

I think from now on everyone should date their post, so its clear when everything is going on.
Also, Germanies entire plan for France revolved around invading Belguim. If they don't do that then they either have a sloppy made on the spot plan that gets a lot of Germans killed, or they take forever to make a plan, by which the Frwnch have likely invaded.

EDIT: And Portugal, don't you have an alliance with Britain and Japan?
Last edited by Saarth on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Alleniana wrote:I better IC post
:?

Yep
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:08 am

Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I better IC post
:?

Yep

I posted that 6 hours ago, fully intending to post ICly, and still haven't.
:lol2:
Doing it now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse