NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World Hearthwood (OPEN Sign-Up/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Expect true neutral or neutral evil out of me.

:?

-----

Now comes the hard part.... writing the first post.

Gamma World: Hearthwood

Healthwood is a quaint little village, celebrating it's establishment. The sun shown brightly on this day.

Flyntan Lee whistled his way down the river towards town when his trance was interupted; "Hi Mr. Lee!" shrilled Sarah Olm in joy, "Coming to Founding Day?" Flyntan smiled in his usual way, "Wouldn't miss it for the stars!" he shouted back with a slight bow, and tip of the hat. As he looked up he saw a rather puzzling sight as the young girl fled from a horde of pigs that chased her down the road.

Susan Olm stood in front of the two poles at the town entrance overseeing the raising of the banner which stretched from one pole to the next with green, and red stripes; "Now raise the banner just a little more on the left, no, no my left, that's you charl-" her speech was interrupted by the sound of Sarah Olm's scream as she ran up the road followed by a horde of pigs. The pigs ran beneath the ladder causing it to shake as Charles maintained his balance, dropping his end of the banner. "SARAH!" she cried out as she ran after them, the pigs heading straight for her nicely layed Pumpkin Pies, disrupting the small street cart causing it to tilt over. A young humanoid near by tried to stop the cart with his power of telekinesis, but in his efforts launch one of the pies into the sky. Granny, the eldest of the communities citizens watched it sore with a slight amusement upon her face.

Tana had her head down, eyes closed, and a hand on the head of a child chanting a slight blessing when the mother gasped. Tana opened her eyes, and looked up just in time to activate her 2nd skin, a force field; which did little good, as the pie still landed upon her face. Causing Granny to chuckle, as she made her way to the podium shaking her head. Tana shot a glare towards Susan who was making her way though town to try to catch up with the pigs. Susan caught her glare; "It wasn't meeee, I swear!" she said drawing Tana's attention to the pigs which scurried out of town. James Milton, town physician had reached forward, and caught Sarah before she could have been chased out of town by the pigs. James turned to Irene Black, whom he had been speaking to only moments before. As usual, Irene seamed unaffected by the event.

Shortly after, a young lad entered town with a grin, Lawrence; trying to conceal his inner joy.

----

How's that?
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Harbertia wrote:

-----

Healthwood is a quaint little village, celebrating it's establishment. The sun shown brightly on this day.

Flyntan Lee whistled his way down the river towards town when his trance was interupted; "Hi Mr. Lee!" shrilled Sarah Olm in joy, "Coming to Founding Day?" Flyntan smiled in his usual way, "Wouldn't miss it for the stars!" he shouted back with a slight bow, and tip of the hat. As he looked up he saw a rather puzzling sight the young girl fled from a horde of pigs that chased her down the road.

Susan Olm stood infront of the two poles at the town entrance overseeing the raising of the bannor which streched from one pole to the next with green, and red stripes; "Now raise the bannor just a little more on the left, no, no my left, that's you charl-" her speech was interrupted by the sound of Sarah Olm's scream as she ran up the road followed by a horde of pigs. The pigs ran beneath the ladder causing it to shake as Charles maintained his balance, dropping his end of the bannor. "SARAH!" she cried out as she ran after them, the pigs heading straight for her nicely layed Pumpkin Pies, disrupting the small street cart causing it to tilt over. A young humanoid near by tried to stop the cart with his power of telekinisis, but in his efforts launch one of the pies into the sky. Granny, the eldest of the communities citizens watched it sore with a slight amusement upon her face.

Tana had her head down, eyes closed, and a hand on the head of a child chanting a slight blessing when the mother gasped. Tana opened her eyes, and looked up just intime to activated her 2nd skin, a forcefield; which did little good, as it still landed upon her face. Causing Granny to chuckle, as she made her way to the podium shaking her head. Tana shot a glare towards Susan who was making her way though town to try to catch up with the pigs. Susan caught her glare; "It wasn't meeee, I swears!" she said drawing Tana's attention to the pigs which scurried out of town. James Milton, town physcician had reached forward, and caught Sarah before she could have been chased out of town by the pigs. James turned to Irene Black, whom he had been speaking to only moments before. As usual, Irene seamed uneffected by the event.

Shortly after, a young lad entered town with a grin, Alexander; trying to conceal his inner joy.

----

How's that?

Seems good so far... Interesting to see the villagers interact.

I wonder... Might there be some tension of some kind between James and Tana? They seems to use different methods to achieve a similar goal.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Charmera wrote:Seems good so far... Interesting to see the villagers interact.

I wonder... Might there be some tension of some kind between James and Tana? They seems to use different methods to achieve a similar goal.

Sure, I'd like to see that :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 pm

I'd like to get the IC, using this post, I just need to know if it's approved, since it includes a mixture of our characters, before hand, or if players would like to modify it's content in relation to character portrayal.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:42 pm

It looks fine to me. I still don't have a character though.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:It looks fine to me. I still don't have a character though.

I'll wait :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

It may be this evening. Also today is my Birthday. I turn 18 at 11:32 AM.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:It may be this evening. Also today is my Birthday. I turn 18 at 11:32 AM.

Congratulations :lol:
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Finished on my first set of characters:

Lawrence and Alexandra Solomon

:meh: Creepy, it's going to take some getting use to on my part when it comes to them. I, can tell the community is going to also. As they don't really fit in with the loop, a little dark.

I've managed to pass over any concern about the father having been a mechanic, as I'm sure there are some things machinery in village... like a water mill, or some other kind of mill, or some odd bits here, and their; or the alcohol driven vehicles that have survived the years.... I'm sure the community is a little ashamed that something like that would have happened, and don't like to talk about it. I should probably ask; why did Pamela dislike her children? Was, she a Radioactivist zealot who believed that having normal children was some sort of punishment for wedding a normal man like Jeffry, or sign that their union had not been blessed by Atom; thus causing friction in the marriage, thus leading to his heavy drinking?

...eureka... that's it.

Yes, that sounds right. How many religions are there in Gamma World?

Maybe mechanic was a bad idea... would farm worker be more suitable?

------

I should also work on more 'normal' characters as well I suppose...
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 am

Personal Freedom wrote:It may be this evening. Also today is my Birthday. I turn 18 at 11:32 AM.

On the assumption that your happy about turning 18, happy birthday and congratulations PF!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:45 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
:meh: Creepy, it's going to take some getting use to on my part when it comes to them. I, can tell the community is going to also. As they don't really fit in with the loop, a little dark.

I've managed to pass over any concern about the father having been a mechanic, as I'm sure there are some things machinery in village... like a water mill, or some other kind of mill, or some odd bits here, and their; or the alcohol driven vehicles that have survived the years.... I'm sure the community is a little ashamed that something like that would have happened, and don't like to talk about it. I should probably ask; why did Pamela dislike her children? Was, she a Radioactivist zealot who believed that having normal children was some sort of punishment for wedding a normal man like Jeffry, or sign that their union had not been blessed by Atom; thus causing friction in the marriage, thus leading to his heavy drinking?

...eureka... that's it.

------

Farm hand sounds a little off as well, somehow something industrial seems needed; handy man, or smithy.

Their are many different religions in the Gamma World, formed though attempts to understand the world around them, though three of them are the most common, having a presence on all four corners of the globe; Servants of the Eye, Followers of the Voice, and Radioactivists. Most communities, even if they don't belong to one of these factions, may believe some element of the faith, for example, Radiation, and Mutation may be seen in a mystic light, and while the Knights of Genetic Purity are not a religious order, they do treat mutants as a sort of spiritual evil, teaching that Pure Strain Humans possess an innate good that humanoids lack. Radioactivst doctrine teaches that mutational defects are signs of a waning faith, or punishment from Atom. Local religions may share the belief that defects are signs of divine punishment, or the effect of being cursed. Some communities may have turned to worshiping, or holding reverence towards, beings that seem 'magical', or greater then they; possessing powers they do not understand.

Random Thoughts
"Tempt not the might of Atom, for his wraith is the blaze of a thousand suns!"

"Thus Atom destroyed the city, and left behind his divine glow, so that we may attain salvation!" :p
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
...eureka... that's it.

------

Farm hand sounds a little off as well, somehow something industrial seems needed; handy man, or smithy.

Their are many different religions in the Gamma World, formed though attempts to understand the world around them, though three of them are the most common, having a presence on all four corners of the globe; Servants of the Eye, Followers of the Voice, and Radioactivists. Most communities, even if they don't belong to one of these factions, may believe some element of the faith, for example, Radiation, and Mutation may be seen in a mystic light, and while the Knights of Genetic Purity are not a religious order, they do treat mutants as a sort of spiritual evil, teaching that Pure Strain Humans possess an innate good that humanoids lack. Radioactivst doctrine teaches that mutational defects are signs of a waning faith, or punishment from Atom. Local religions may share the belief that defects are signs of divine punishment, or the effect of being cursed. Some communities may have turned to worshiping, or holding reverence towards, beings that seem 'magical', or greater then they; possessing powers they do not understand.

Random Thoughts
"Do not tempt the might of Atom, for his wraith is the blaze of a thousand suns!"

"Thus Atom destroyed the city, and left behind his divine glow, so that we may attain salvation!" :p

Sounds just like a scripture, gives it a sense of genuity.

I do look very forward to this RP :)

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Sounds just like a scripture, gives it a sense of genuity.

I do look very forward to this RP :)

As am I :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Sorry about the lateness. Tons of crap happened.

Lenora
Species: Shifter (Humanoid)

Lenora is the last member of a family that lived in Hearthwood for many years. Both of her parents are now deceased, apparently killed by a savage bear-like creature only a few years ago from which she only escaped by hiding, and many have said she has adjusted extremely well to her being orphaned. She still maintains her cheerful demeanor and kind nature though some have commented on her being a bit odd at times.

In reality, she is a shifter, a genderless creature stealing the life and form of a human to fit into society. She has assumed a gender and form and is unlikely to break it unless discovered. The original Lenora was left all but dead by the beast that devoured her parents. The dying girl was encountered by the shifter that has taken her place and quickly dispatched. The new Lenora's initial adjustment was a bit rough. She had little knowledge of the life she replaced and for a while acted very out of character, but this was given to be a condition of her traumatic experience. Now she is as much of the girl she replaced as the girl was herself.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Sorry about the lateness. Tons of crap happened.

Lenora

Lenora is the last member of a family that lived in Hearthwood for many years. Both of her parents are now deceased, apparently killed by a savage bear-like creature only a few years ago from which she only escaped by hiding, and many have said she has adjusted extremely well to her being orphaned. She still maintains her cheerful demeanor and kind nature though some have commented on her being a bit odd at times.

In reality, she is a shifter, a genderless creature stealing the life and form of a human to fit into society. She has assumed a gender and form and is unlikely to break it unless discovered. The original Lenora was left all but dead by the beast that devoured her parents. The dying girl was encountered by the shifter that has taken her place and quickly dispatched. The new Lenora's initial adjustment was a bit rough. She had little knowledge of the life she replaced and for a while acted very out of character, but this was given to be a condition of her traumatic experience. Now she is as much of the girl she replaced as the girl was herself.

Still, a little dark, but, interesting. It, reminded me of the following from the rule book;

Mutation

Actual Metamorphosis

Range: Touch Type: Conscious Physical
Duration: Variable Use: Constant
Number: Self Damage: None

Character can change into any living entity it is touching, and gains all the attributes, and abilities (including mutations) of the entity into which they change. The change lasts until the character resumes their natural form, or adopts that of another entity the character is touching, or until the character reshapes energy. When hit by any type of energy weapon (such as a a laser) the character automatically absorbs, and reshapes the energy from the weapon, shooting it from the body in any direction they choose as if firing a laser of the same power. Upon doing so, the character immediately resumes their natural form. Reshaping energy is automatic, it's not with in the character's control, the character can not decide not to do so, and will revert to their original form following the energy's release. This power can not be used to transform into an inorganic object, or entity (like a Robot).

I, suppose I'd be ok with a character like 'Lenora', though I'd insist upon using the above power if one does play a 'shifter'. In the case that you do decide to pursue the character I suggest one be prepared to take on another character in case 'Lenora' is discovered under less then favorable conditions.

Are these terms acceptable, or would you like to go with a different character? I will admit, 'Lenora' could work, and I can imagine some situation where I'd like to have insight into her thoughts.

Edit: I've come to find we all like monsters to some degree. I'm also aware that I'm not suppose to be the OP or anything more then a fellow member of the group, so, I really shouldn't be like this (asking if these terms are acceptable).
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 am

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:Sorry about the lateness. Tons of crap happened.

Lenora

Still, a little dark, but, interesting. It, reminded me of the following from the rule book;

Mutation

Actual Metamorphosis

Character can change into any living entity it is touching, and gains all the attributes, and abilities (including mutations) of the entity into which they change. The change lasts until the character resumes their natural form, or adopts that of another entity the character is touching, or until the character reshapes energy. When hit by any type of energy weapon (such as a a laser) the character automatically absorbs, and reshapes the energy from the weapon, shooting it from the body in any direction they choose as if firing a laser of the same power. Upon doing so, the character immediately resumes their natural form. Reshaping energy is automatic, it's not with in the character's control, the character can not decide not to do so, and will revert to their original form following the energy's release. This power can not be used to transform into an inorganic object, or entity (like a Robot).

I, suppose I'd be ok with a character like 'Lenora', though I'd insist upon using the above power if one does play a 'shifter'. In the case that you do decide to pursue the character I suggest one be prepared to take on another character in case 'Lenora' is discovered under less then favorable conditions.

Are these terms acceptable, or would you like to go with a different character? I will admit, 'Lenora' could work, and I can imagine some situation where I'd like to have insight into her thoughts.

Edit: I've come to find we all like monsters to some degree. I'm also aware that I'm not suppose to be the OP or anything more then a fellow member of the group, so, I really shouldn't be like this (asking if these terms are acceptable).

I'll work on it. I don't know why, but I was thinking back to the Kitsune I had planned for the Fae RP and how I had her all planned out. She would kill one of her daughters each generation and take thier place. I then thought about a similar replacement and thought about the classic D&D doppelgänger. As for the transformative powers, I believe they function to allow a nearly identical copy of any humanoid from size 3-10ft. That would be the only power poesssd. I also believe that the longer she or it would have to study the target, the better the transformation. For example, quickly killing and replacing a target may allow eye color our some other distinctive feature to be over looked.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Mutation

Actual Metamorphosis

I'll work on it. I don't know why, but I was thinking back to the Kitsune I had planned for the Fae RP and how I had her all planned out. She would kill one of her daughters each generation and take thier place. I then thought about a similar replacement and thought about the classic D&D doppelgänger. As for the transformative powers, I believe they function to allow a nearly identical copy of any humanoid from size 3-10ft. That would be the only power poesssd. I also believe that the longer she or it would have to study the target, the better the transformation. For example, quickly killing and replacing a target may allow eye color our some other distinctive feature to be over looked.

I've given it some thought, and realize that 'Lenora', if allowed with out the capability of being discovered by means other then 'oh she seems different', wouldn't work well. Proving she's not her should be possible by some other means then accusation, and testimony, thus the laser shot. It still maintains some drama, as if she's not a shifter, the injury could be fatal or sever, and she'd likely not forgive them for thinking her some monster. The actual metamorphosis power would also make it so that she can't change into something else while maintaining Lenora's form, for the original is dead. Lenora isn't around for her to touch, and a corpse that's been rotting, and hidden (or other wise disposed of) isnt' going to provide her the right material to change again. This would give the shiftier incentive to maintain the guise, though it also means that playing a shifter using the power of Actual Metamorphosis wouldn't have much point. Sure you can change form, but you'd loose the form of Lenora.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:

-----

Flyntan Lee whistled his way down the river towards town when his trance was interupted; "Hi Mr. Lee!" shrilled Sarah Olm in joy, "Coming to Founding Day?" Flyntan smiled in his usual way, "Wouldn't miss it for the stars!" he shouted back with a slight bow, and tip of the hat. As he looked up he saw a rather puzzling sight as the young girl fled from a horde of pigs that chased her down the road.

Susan Olm stood in front of the two poles at the town entrance overseeing the raising of the banner which stretched from one pole to the next with green, and red stripes; "Now raise the banner just a little more on the left, no, no my left, that's you charl-" her speech was interrupted by the sound of Sarah Olm's scream as she ran up the road followed by a horde of pigs. The pigs ran beneath the ladder causing it to shake as Charles maintained his balance, dropping his end of the banner. "SARAH!" she cried out as she ran after them, the pigs heading straight for her nicely layed Pumpkin Pies, disrupting the small street cart causing it to tilt over. A young humanoid near by tried to stop the cart with his power of telekinesis, but in his efforts launch one of the pies into the sky. Granny, the eldest of the communities citizens watched it sore with a slight amusement upon her face.

Tana had her head down, eyes closed, and a hand on the head of a child chanting a slight blessing when the mother gasped. Tana opened her eyes, and looked up just in time to activate her 2nd skin, a force field; which did little good, as the pie still landed upon her face. Causing Granny to chuckle, as she made her way to the podium shaking her head. Tana shot a glare towards Susan who was making her way though town to try to catch up with the pigs. Susan caught her glare; "It wasn't meeee, I swear!" she said drawing Tana's attention to the pigs which scurried out of town. James Milton, town physician had reached forward, and caught Sarah before she could have been chased out of town by the pigs. James turned to Irene Black, whom he had been speaking to only moments before. As usual, Irene seamed unaffected by the event.

Shortly after, a young lad entered town with a grin, Lawrence; trying to conceal his inner joy.

----

How's that?

Impressive. I like it.

Sounds exactly like something Lawrence would plot.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Sounds exactly like something Lawrence would plot.

Just what I had in mind :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:I'll work on it. I don't know why, but I was thinking back to the Kitsune I had planned for the Fae RP and how I had her all planned out. She would kill one of her daughters each generation and take thier place. I then thought about a similar replacement and thought about the classic D&D doppelgänger. As for the transformative powers, I believe they function to allow a nearly identical copy of any humanoid from size 3-10ft. That would be the only power poesssd. I also believe that the longer she or it would have to study the target, the better the transformation. For example, quickly killing and replacing a target may allow eye color our some other distinctive feature to be over looked.

I've given it some thought, and realize that 'Lenora', if allowed with out the capability of being discovered by means other then 'oh she seems different', wouldn't work well. Proving she's not her should be possible by some other means then accusation, and testimony, thus the laser shot. It still maintains some drama, as if she's not a shifter, the injury could be fatal or sever, and she'd likely not forgive them for thinking her some monster. The actual metamorphosis power would also make it so that she can't change into something else while maintaining Lenora's form, for the original is dead. Lenora isn't around for her to touch, and a corpse that's been rotting, and hidden (or other wise disposed of) isnt' going to provide her the right material to change again. This would give the shiftier incentive to maintain the guise, though it also means that playing a shifter using the power of Actual Metamorphosis wouldn't have much point. Sure you can change form, but you'd loose the form of Lenora.

I imagine she doesn't bleed normally. I don't know Harb, what are you thinking?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

I imagine she doesn't bleed normally. I don't know Harb, what are you thinking?

That's a harder question to answer, partially as a question wasn't expected. I've got a lot of thoughts, most of which I've shared with shifting detail. I wouldn't consider a bleeding test very good, she's not one of the Changelings from Deep Space Nine, and even then she'd have away to get past such a test. I can tell you want to play a monster type character, and am trying to work away to do so while maintaining some sort of standard. I do suspect you've had Flyntan cast as the mysterious beast that slew the parents of the original Lenora, and thus that the rumors are true, or that someone close to Flyntan (or has some connection) is responsible. I have considered the Irony of campfire stories, and had briefly posted the ending of a story, told by Susan. A scary monster story; as having been 12 years under the care of the Purist she'd most likely heard a lot, and though tolerant- I'm getting off track again, but I think you get my thoughts, or not, I could elaborate if that is your wish, though I don't see how it would help for me to do so. I do understand that I've provided you with very little to choose from, and understand that this is firm, am thankful it was not taken as malicious.

Edit: I greatly seek a resolution of some form.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:I imagine she doesn't bleed normally. I don't know Harb, what are you thinking?

That's a harder question to answer, partially as a question wasn't expected. I've got a lot of thoughts, most of which I've shared with shifting detail. I wouldn't consider a bleeding test very good, she's not one of the Changelings from Deep Space Nine, and even then she'd have away to get past such a test. I can tell you want to play a monster type character, and am trying to work away to do so while maintaining some sort of standard. I do suspect you've had Flyntan cast as the mysterious beast that slew the parents of the original Lenora, and thus that the rumors are true, or that someone close to Flyntan (or has some connection) is responsible. I have considered the Irony of campfire stories, and had briefly posted the ending of a story, told by Susan. A scary monster story; as having been 12 years under the care of the Purist she'd most likely heard a lot, and though tolerant- I'm getting off track again, but I think you get my thoughts, or not, I could elaborate if that is your wish, though I don't see how it would help for me to do so. I do understand that I've provided you with very little to choose from, and understand that this is firm, am thankful it was not taken as malicious.

I didn't intend for that... I was thinking of something else when I created Flyntan, an interesting adventure for D&D known as family secrets was at the back of my mind. As for Lenora... I was just looking for a different type of character. I decided I wanted to play a female and probably a near human creature. I just want to add some variety to our little community. I don't think I could play an intelligent animal.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

I didn't intend for that... I was thinking of something else when I created Flyntan, an interesting adventure for D&D known as family secrets was at the back of my mind. As for Lenora... I was just looking for a different type of character. I decided I wanted to play a female and probably a near human creature. I just want to add some variety to our little community. I don't think I could play an intelligent animal.

I can see that, as intelligent animals seems more Sae's forte' haha.

(and I imagine Susan taking, to some extent, a Mr. McGregor approach to them, should they decide to get into her crops :lol: )

I suppose I simply misread your actions when trying to determine motive. Still, when it comes to the 'Shifter' race, I still maintain what I said about 'accusation, and testimony'; yet acknowledge your attempts to provide such with mild things. It's just she's been in the community too long for those methods to be effective... I'm happy to provide any assistance in working on a humanoid character, as I will admit, most of the character so far are Pure Strain Humans, and we could thus use some diversity :)

Any ideas for a near human? I'd like to get started discussing, so I can provide assistance :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:03 pm

I have no plans. I just want a female character that is different. I tried (and can't play) androids. I don't have any idea for what is to make her different.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:I have no plans. I just want a female character that is different. I tried (and can't play) androids. I don't have any idea for what is to make her different.

Alright, should she be noticeable different, or should her deviations be easy to conceal?
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse