NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World Hearthwood (OPEN Sign-Up/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 pm

OH :o

The community doesn't have a name yet!
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Irene Black should work.

Anything else we need to determine?

Well, we've got a loose idea of a local lore; the founding of the settlement, how some see the Lil, and an idea of the valley as being surrounded by mountains, having a river that runs though it, some hills, and dense woodland.

We have enough to begin, though we can always expand a bit. We know the village has a library, an Inn, Fishery (up river), a pumpkin farm....

At the moment I suppose the most vague aspect is how the village is actually managed, though it seems a simple topic to handle. I've suggested a Mayor-Council government for simplicity, and the ability to have our characters involved in community politics (to have a say in how the community responds to a situation). The model I've suggested is the kind where the council is more an assembly of anyone old enough to have a say, rather then a group of select men, or elected officials.

Indeed, that would make sense. With a Mayor being elected from the council every so often.

Harbertia wrote:OH :o

Hearthwood?
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 pm

Charmera wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Well, we've got a loose idea of a local lore; the founding of the settlement, how some see the Lil, and an idea of the valley as being surrounded by mountains, having a river that runs though it, some hills, and dense woodland.

We have enough to begin, though we can always expand a bit. We know the village has a library, an Inn, Fishery (up river), a pumpkin farm....

At the moment I suppose the most vague aspect is how the village is actually managed, though it seems a simple topic to handle. I've suggested a Mayor-Council government for simplicity, and the ability to have our characters involved in community politics (to have a say in how the community responds to a situation). The model I've suggested is the kind where the council is more an assembly of anyone old enough to have a say, rather then a group of select men, or elected officials.

Indeed, that would make sense. With a Mayor being elected from the council every so often.

Indeed!

Harbertia wrote:OH :o

Hearthwood?

I'm up for that name, we should wait to see what Personal Freedoms thinks of the name, and if he has any suggestions of his own.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:30 pm

The IC should probably begin a bit free formed, though we should give some thought on how to get our characters together. I know my inital suggestion was that our main characters be rather young (12 to 16) though, I can see that may be difficult, though having at least one such character for each of us would give us some characters who can associate with each other while the adults are busy doing other things.... So far I seem to be the only one to have though of a young character, and it seems that as players we shall have to focus on all our characters equally.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:32 pm

Harbertia wrote:The IC should probably begin a bit free formed, though we should give some thought on how to get our characters together. I know my inital suggestion was that our main characters be rather young (12 to 16) though, I can see that may be difficult, though having at least one such character for each of us would give us some characters who can associate with each other while the adults are busy doing other things.... So far I seem to be the only one to have though of a young character, and it seems that as players we shall have to focus on all our characters equally.

I could come up with another younger charecter for this soonish.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Charmera wrote:I could come up with another younger charecter for this soonish.

Alright, and I should be able to get an IC up latter (it's 2:36 AM here, and I should be getting in bed soon).

Edit: And I'm back! Morning! yeah!
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 am

Hi guys.

I had been meaning to join this thread the day it was created but I fell down with a nasty infection and had to be sent to hospital for 2 days.

i'm glad I'm back now though, I can get back to RPing. Can anyone get me up to speed on anything major I've missed please?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Hi guys.

I had been meaning to join this thread the day it was created but I fell down with a nasty infection and had to be sent to hospital for 2 days.

i'm glad I'm back now though, I can get back to RPing. Can anyone get me up to speed on anything major I've missed please?

Well you haven't missed much, the previous page filled in some community details, which I haven't got up on the OP post. So far PF, I, and Charm have contributed some characters, and background; thus giving the community a certain character to it. At the moment we've got to the point where we could start, though we need a name for the community. At the moment, Charm, and I are considering Hearthwood; and are now waiting to see if others approve (PF, and your self), or have suggestions of their own. You should give the posts a review, and perhaps contribute to the local personalities :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 am

I like the name Hearthwood, it has this nice close knit feel to it.

I'll start work on some characters now.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:I like the name Hearthwood, it has this nice close knit feel to it.

I'll start work on some characters now.

Excellent :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Should the community be doing anything in particular when we begin; preparing for some sort of celebration (an anniversary perhaps, or harvest festival)?
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Finished on my first set of characters:

Lawrence and Alexandra Solomon

Pure Strain Humans

Ages: 14

The twin siblings came from an abusive home, living under a negligent father and mentally unstable mother. Their father Jeffry Solomon worked as mechanic though his performance was often mediocre at best and suffered from alcoholism. Their mother Pamela worked as a seamstress and unlike her husband was renowned for her work but was a religious fanatic who directed verbal inflictions against her children.

At some point when the twins turned 10 their mother was found hanging against her bedroom door - dead. The same day their father failed to show up to work and was missing. Eventually he mysteriously arrived back home completely intoxicated and collapsed. When taken in for examination he was pronounced dead from excessive drinking. The true nature of the events that took place that day were never fully made clear though it to some extent gave them an eerie and black sheep label of coming from a clearly disturbed background.
Eventually they were moved to another family.

Lawrence is considered the 'quite one' of the twins. His main hobby is art though he finds himself unable to draw human faces. He cares deeply for his sister who seems to be his only true friend. To most he displays a reserved and soft spoken demeanor and can even act sociable if needed. However he holds nothing but content for the local religion of Lil as a joke and is known for avoiding religious gatherings and for lacking a community spirit.

Alexandra on the other hand is the more outgoing and gregarious twin. She also cares deeply for Lawrence and has a wider circle of friends than her brother and is generally more well liked. Her main hobby is sports and she doesn't hold the same level of disdain for the community religion that Lawrence has an is known for attending religious gatherings often without him or forcing him to attend.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:08 pm

I've got some intersting stuff to post later tonight.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Finished on my first set of characters:

Lawrence and Alexandra Solomon

:meh: Creepy, it's going to take some getting use to on my part when it comes to them. I, can tell the community is going to also. As they don't really fit in with the loop, a little dark.

I've managed to pass over any concern about the father having been a mechanic, as I'm sure there are some things machinery in village... like a water mill, or some other kind of mill, or some odd bits here, and their; or the alcohol driven vehicles that have survived the years.... I'm sure the community is a little ashamed that something like that would have happened, and don't like to talk about it. I should probably ask; why did Pamela dislike her children? Was, she a Radioactivist zealot who believed that having normal children was some sort of punishment for wedding a normal man like Jeffry, or sign that their union had not been blessed by Atom; thus causing friction in the marriage, thus leading to his heavy drinking?
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Still trying to come up with ideas for a younger character...

So far, I'm considering a humanoid Telepath or Empath...

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Charmera wrote:Still trying to come up with ideas for a younger character...

That'd be interesting, especially an Empath.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Inspired by this song.
Its a Murder Ballad to the tune of another Murder Ballad.

There once was a young girl with locks fair,
She should've watched she loved,
She should've taken more care.

She gave her heart to a wandering man,
A miner traveling west,
to take up the the pan,

Said him one day I fare thee well,
And he took up her body,
and down the well she fell,

Many years passed and the body has rotted away,
But the deeds I have done,
They haunt me to this day.

Tomorrow you'll find me at the bottom of that well,
For the deed I have done,
I'll surely rot in Hell

Name: Dakett
Race: Humanoid
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/fantasy-goblin-1-13270894.jpg
Dakett is a scavenger, on that shifts through ruins and caves and makes a living selling recovered relics for a profit. He speaks quickly and fluttery while often glancing over his shoulder as if he expects someone to come up behind him. He tends to be somewhat paranoid and also appears to be quite superstitious. He has only recently come to the settlement and tells of many travels and encounters in strange lands. He has also hinted the he may not stay in town for long.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Still trying to come up with ideas for a younger character...

That'd be interesting, especially an Empath.

Okay:
Catherine Milton
Catherine is a Telepath, though she keeps this mostly to herself, not out of fear of being outcast but because most people tend to be uncomfortable around mind readers. She can only read surface thoughts and intentions so far, but she is developing her power. Despite her secretive nature she is fairly outgoing and friendly if a little socially strange due to her telepathic ability. Her father, James Milton is also not aware of her power, but has suspected something of his daughter lately. People consider her rather strange and odd at times, yet fairly harmless.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Inspired by this song.

A miner traveling west,
to take up the the pan,

And he took up her body,

I'll surely rot in Hell

Dakett is a scavenger, on that shifts through ruins and caves and makes a living selling recovered relics for a profit. He speaks quickly and fluttery while often glancing over his shoulder as if he expects someone to come up behind him. He tends to be somewhat paranoid and also appears to be quite superstitious. He has only recently come to the settlement and tells of many travels and encounters in strange lands. He has also hinted the he may not stay in town for long.

Everyone's going dark on me :shock: I'm still coming to terms with Jarir's character. Perhaps Dakett can come in latter in the RP, much like another set of characters a different individual has suggested. An individual who has not posted on this thread, which, I'm sort of glad has not.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:
Inspired by this song.

A miner traveling west,
to take up the the pan,

And he took up her body,

I'll surely rot in Hell

Everyone's going dark on me :shock: I'm still coming to terms with Jarir's character. Perhaps Dakett can come in latter in the RP, much like another set of characters a different individual has suggested. An individual who has not posted on this thread, which, I'm sort of glad has not.

I haven't even read Jariri's characters yet... I just had Pretty Polly (a different version than the one I linked) stuck in my head.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Charmera wrote:Okay:
Catherine Milton
Catherine is a Telepath, though she keeps this mostly to herself, not out of fear of being outcast but because most people tend to be uncomfortable around mind readers. She can only read surface thoughts and intentions so far, but she is developing her power. Despite her secretive nature she is fairly outgoing and friendly if a little socially strange due to her telepathic ability. Her father, James Milton is also not aware of her power, but has suspected something of his daughter lately. People consider her rather strange and odd at times, yet fairly harmless.

Seems good, I can tell we have quite the cast of characters forming.

Personal Freedom wrote:I haven't even read Jariri's characters yet... I just had Pretty Polly (a different version than the one I linked) stuck in my head.

I really shouldn't complain, as I'm not free of a little shadow, and grey hahaha
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Harbertia wrote:Should the community be doing anything in particular when we begin; preparing for some sort of celebration (an anniversary perhaps, or harvest festival)?
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Should the community be doing anything in particular when we begin; preparing for some sort of celebration (an anniversary perhaps, or harvest festival)?

Perhaps the former. They could be celebrating the formation of Hearthwood as a town.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Charmera wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

Perhaps the former. They could be celebrating the formation of Hearthwood as a town.

Exactly what I was considering :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Expect true neutral or neutral evil out of me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse