NATION

PASSWORD

The Lords of War [OOC/Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Tag because I don't feel like making an app right now.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So how do you get charges since there are only unlanded heroes at the beginning?

Simply ask a nobleman of any city or fief. They'll have something to do, though obviously the extent and reward of charge will vary by region.

Don't know what they will give a young Horse Master with but I hope it will be something that isn't collecting taxes or cattle gathering for villages( that was in the Mount and Blade games).
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Simply ask a nobleman of any city or fief. They'll have something to do, though obviously the extent and reward of charge will vary by region.

Don't know what they will give a young Horse Master with but I hope it will be something that isn't collecting taxes or cattle gathering for villages( that was in the Mount and Blade games).

Oh no, I'm not that harsh :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:Don't know what they will give a young Horse Master with but I hope it will be something that isn't collecting taxes or cattle gathering for villages( that was in the Mount and Blade games).

I was thinking more in line to training soldiers and protecting caravans, that sort.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:Don't know what they will give a young Horse Master with but I hope it will be something that isn't collecting taxes or cattle gathering for villages( that was in the Mount and Blade games).

Clearly, you're giving us 10 Peasants and you expect us to turn them into mighty Cataphracts! ;)
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Clearly, you're giving us 10 Peasants and you expect us to turn them into mighty Cataphracts! ;)

Curses, my most cunning quest line, revealed!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:

I haven't played the Mount and Blade games. How similar are they to this, and do you think it would be worth sending up a signal in the Paradox Games thread? I know some people in there have played them.
piss

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:Clearly, you're giving us 10 Peasants and you expect us to turn them into mighty Cataphracts! ;)

Curses, my most cunning quest line, revealed!

I expect the Imperium's Leader to host feasts whilst his cities are besieged. -nod-
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Shaggai wrote:

I haven't played the Mount and Blade games. How similar are they to this, and do you think it would be worth sending up a signal in the Paradox Games thread? I know some people in there have played them.

I'm drawing a slight amount of influence from them, but only slight. Fiefs are the main part.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Shaggai wrote:

They are similar as your character is a hero that is able to fight for any faction or rebel and make his own faction. Like in Mount and Blade, you can use gold to gather soldiers and upgrade your characters and other important character's equipment and make your own buildings if you have been granted a fief( or rebel if you have taken it for yourself).

But sure, send a signal to the Paradox Games thread and see if some can join since we need more Heroes.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Shaggai wrote:I haven't played the Mount and Blade games. How similar are they to this, and do you think it would be worth sending up a signal in the Paradox Games thread? I know some people in there have played them.

I'm drawing a slight amount of influence from them, but only slight. Fiefs are the main part.

Ralnis wrote:
Shaggai wrote:I haven't played the Mount and Blade games. How similar are they to this, and do you think it would be worth sending up a signal in the Paradox Games thread? I know some people in there have played them.

They are similar as your character is a hero that is able to fight for any faction or rebel and make his own faction. Like in Mount and Blade, you can use gold to gather soldiers and upgrade your characters and other important character's equipment and make your own buildings if you have been granted a fief( or rebel if you have taken it for yourself).

But sure, send a signal to the Paradox Games thread and see if some can join since we need more Heroes.

I'm asking if it's similar enough to warrant posting there specifically, as opposed to in the spaces where general advertising is encouraged.
Last edited by Shaggai on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piss

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Ah, yes, feel free to do so Shaggai. It might be similar enough that some would enjoy it.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:26 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, yes, feel free to do so Shaggai. It might be similar enough that some would enjoy it.

Alright then, I shall do so.
piss

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Shaggai wrote:

Ralnis wrote:They are similar as your character is a hero that is able to fight for any faction or rebel and make his own faction. Like in Mount and Blade, you can use gold to gather soldiers and upgrade your characters and other important character's equipment and make your own buildings if you have been granted a fief( or rebel if you have taken it for yourself).

I'm asking if it's similar enough to warrant posting there specifically, as opposed to in the spaces where general advertising is encouraged.

Oh, well G-Tech answered, I am just the guy who is sitting and waiting for when Orz can start his quest.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:01 pm

A M&B inspired RP... My life is complete. Just a question, do you start as vassals to your respective lords or do you just start there? I'd probably just follow, since my RP capacity is full as it is.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Wolfenium wrote:A M&B inspired RP... My life is complete. Just a question, do you start as vassals to your respective lords or do you just start there? I'd probably just follow, since my RP capacity is full as it is.

More or less, you just start as a wandering fellow. You can take on charges from lords, and swear fealty, if you so wish.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Wolfenium wrote:A M&B inspired RP... My life is complete. Just a question, do you start as vassals to your respective lords or do you just start there? I'd probably just follow, since my RP capacity is full as it is.

More or less, you just start as a wandering fellow. You can take on charges from lords, and swear fealty, if you so wish.

Sounds like M&B alright.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Tag I suppose.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:07 pm

G Tech, do you think it would be worth me writing a back story for my retinue or will their shelf life not be so hot?
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:08 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:G Tech, do you think it would be worth me writing a back story for my retinue or will their shelf life not be so hot?

I was thinking of making a back story for some of the people I will recruit, despite being dead.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:14 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:G Tech, do you think it would be worth me writing a back story for my retinue or will their shelf life not be so hot?

That entirely depends on how you use them. It's conceivably possible for them to live forever, and be upgraded all the way up their respective lines. That said, most battles can claim several lives.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:14 pm

That entirely depends on how you use them. It's conceivably possible for them to live forever, and be upgraded all the way up their respective lines. That said, most battles can claim several lives.

Heh.
Time for a peasant spam! :p

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Heh.

I don't think that will be possible with the supply routes limiting my horseman spam.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Elerian wrote:Tag I suppose.

Yes! More people! Perhaps we'll actually manage to get this to over an IC page!
Ralnis wrote:
Liecthenbourg wrote:Heh.

I don't think that will be possible with the supply routes limiting my horseman spam.

You want spam? The Federation has units that cost 0 gold. That is how you spam.
Last edited by Shaggai on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piss

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Heh.

Well, to be honest, peasants are fairly shit. They're easy to upgrade, as in they don't have to do much to be upgrade-able. But at the same time, as demonstrated in the Example battle, they die rather quickly to real soldiers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse