NATION

PASSWORD

Forge of Empires - AH RP [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:The Dissolution of PIL, this is my only serious disagreement
apart from my personal Hatred of Republicanism and the Arroganese XD

Well, Milan would withdraw, is more the thing. Meaning that the PIL wouldn't be very powerful or prominent anymore.

Oho a Traitor in our midst?
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:25 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:
Well, Milan would withdraw, is more the thing. Meaning that the PIL wouldn't be very powerful or prominent anymore.

Oho a Traitor in our midst?

Yep, the Pope. Which is why Milan's leaving. Head of PIL sides with non-PIL member and is virulently anti-Milanese, then Milan's not sticking around.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Oho a Traitor in our midst?

Yep, the Pope. Which is why Milan's leaving. Head of PIL sides with non-PIL member and is virulently anti-Milanese, then Milan's not sticking around.

The Pope is not head of PIL......
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

The Pope is not head of PIL......

He kinda is. Milan and Naples certainly aren't, and Genoa/Venice haven't posted about being the head, so I'm 99% sure it's still the Papacy.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:The Pope is not head of PIL......

He kinda is. Milan and Naples certainly aren't, and Genoa/Venice haven't posted about being the head, so I'm 99% sure it's still the Papacy.

We have not had an Election for the New leader after the death of the last pope.
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

We have not had an Election for the New leader after the death of the last pope.

Which means until we can, the Papacy retains the head, and the Pope is the head of the Papacy. It's been more than a few months since the last Pope died.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:We have not had an Election for the New leader after the death of the last pope.

Which means until we can, the Papacy retains the head, and the Pope is the head of the Papacy. It's been more than a few months since the last Pope died.

And? I can roll up and take that title forcibly from the Pope any day, He holds not true power untill he is elected in Naple's eyes.
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

And? I can roll up and take that title forcibly from the Pope any day, He holds not true power untill he is elected in Naple's eyes.

Milan can't, though, so Milan's just going to bail out of the PIL overall, as a partial concession to Aragon.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:And? I can roll up and take that title forcibly from the Pope any day, He holds not true power untill he is elected in Naple's eyes.

Milan can't, though, so Milan's just going to bail out of the PIL overall, as a partial concession to Aragon.

And Whats Aragons concession to you?
And once again Naples is alone.
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

And Whats Aragons concession to you?

Nothing.

Milan wants the war to end so Milan can focus on other things. Aragon wants Milan to leave Savoy entirely though -- not just the current territory of the Free Savoy Republic. To appease Aragon, and to escape the potential political power of the Pope, Milan would leave the PIL, allowing Aragon to save face/their reputation.

And Naples won't be alone! I imagine Milan would keep alliances of convenience going with Naples.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:And Whats Aragons concession to you?

Nothing.

Milan wants the war to end so Milan can focus on other things. Aragon wants Milan to leave Savoy entirely though -- not just the current territory of the Free Savoy Republic. To appease Aragon, and to escape the potential political power of the Pope, Milan would leave the PIL, allowing Aragon to save face/their reputation.

And Naples won't be alone! I imagine Milan would keep alliances of convenience going with Naples.

It would be quite Hypocritical for us to remain your allies, when you depose our cousins and while we will be protesting the New Spanish Republic
e

Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Mishmahig wrote:So, Savoy Crisis conclusion:

Proposal: borders remain constant with one or two provinces switching hands. Aragon and Milan recognize and guarantee the existence of the Free Republic of Savoy. Milan absorbs the remnants of Savoy as a semi-autonomous state which will then be reformed into the Republic of the Lombards when Milan falls to republicanism. The PIL gets dissolved, and the Pope is removed from higher political power, retaining control only over the Papal States.

This crisis has been going on for way too long IC and OOC. Let's resolve it.

How could 'Milan absorb the remnants of Savoy' if 'borders remain constant with one or two provinces switching hands'?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Again I apologize to anyone who is relying on a reply/action/whatever from Scotland.

College apps should be done this weekend, which frees me up immensely. The like tenth or eleventh version of my essay is done and I still have one more to go, and that is what takes so long.

Will be able to go in and fill in all my posts with responses/whatevers for everyone and likely get a new post up.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:So, Savoy Crisis conclusion:

Proposal: borders remain constant with one or two provinces switching hands. Aragon and Milan recognize and guarantee the existence of the Free Republic of Savoy. Milan absorbs the remnants of Savoy as a semi-autonomous state which will then be reformed into the Republic of the Lombards when Milan falls to republicanism. The PIL gets dissolved, and the Pope is removed from higher political power, retaining control only over the Papal States.

This crisis has been going on for way too long IC and OOC. Let's resolve it.

How could 'Milan absorb the remnants of Savoy' if 'borders remain constant with one or two provinces switching hands'?

Currently there's the Duchy of Savoy fighting the Free Republic, with Milan and Aragon supporting their respective sides. Going by the map in the OP, we can switch a few provinces to one side or the other, depending on how we want the war to go, and then have the Duchy of Savoy absorbed into the Kingdom of the Lombards once the war is over. It would not be the full Duchy of Savoy, because the Free Republic of Savoy would hold a sizable tract of land, thus, 'remnants'.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:47 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Again I apologize to anyone who is relying on a reply/action/whatever from Scotland.

College apps should be done this weekend, which frees me up immensely. The like tenth or eleventh version of my essay is done and I still have one more to go, and that is what takes so long.

Will be able to go in and fill in all my posts with responses/whatevers for everyone and likely get a new post up.

It amazes me that Americans have to write essays for university. We in the UK just put exam results on an application, write a personal statement and send it off.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Currently there's the Duchy of Savoy fighting the Free Republic, with Milan and Aragon supporting their respective sides. Going by the map in the OP, we can switch a few provinces to one side or the other, depending on how we want the war to go, and then have the Duchy of Savoy absorbed into the Kingdom of the Lombards once the war is over. It would not be the full Duchy of Savoy, because the Free Republic of Savoy would hold a sizable tract of land, thus, 'remnants'.

There is no independent Duchy of Savoy, no political institution exists that brands itself as such. The 'old' regime has either joined the Republic or defected to Milan, which holds the title Duke of Savoy but not the apparatus of state, nor has it seized any land bar whatever it would have on the way to Geneva.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

There is no independent Duchy of Savoy, no political institution exists that brands itself as such. The 'old' regime has either joined the Republic or defected to Milan, which holds the title Duke of Savoy but not the apparatus of state, nor has it seized any land bar whatever it would have on the way to Geneva.

The political institute would be the old regime that supports the Duke of Milan as the Duke of Savoy. Independence is not the issue here.

Also, this is the proposal for the conclusion of the war, not the current situation.
Last edited by Mishmahig on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Delsola wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Again I apologize to anyone who is relying on a reply/action/whatever from Scotland.

It amazes me that Americans have to write essays for university. We in the UK just put exam results on an application, write a personal statement and send it off.

Ironically, our schools could care less about our Writing Score on the SATs, yet they want this magical essay that we have to write for them. You'd think that our SAT Writing Score would have more importance bc of how they treat the essays. Tbh an essay can make or break your admittance to schools too. And the amount of content we are supposed to put in it in under 650 words is amazing as well, and rather hard. It is all about showing, not telling. So really you cannot say anything about yourself, but rather have to show it through a story. Can't write about sports or family. Those are the two "forbidden" topics bc everyone does it. We spent a few days working on these in AP Lit, and the normal Lit classes, who really need this advice bc the essays for the AP kids don't matter as we will likely get accepted regardless because of our grades alone, spent less than 40 minutes prepping and most of them wrote poor essays in under an hour with little to no "training". At least they got something, a lot of the public schools around here don't even make the college essay part of the Lit course for senior year.

American colleges are odd. They want diversity and grades and not as important as you might think. To some, skin color, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. is more important than your GPA and SAT scores, which says a lot about our higher education system.

I've spent nearly a month working on these essays and applications in general now, it's extremely stressful and everyone is super high strung and you are basically constantly walking on ice with everyone, at least the AP students, who all do early action to at at least one school. Very few non-AP students at my school do early action bc they either don't know where they want to go or just don't feel like doing the work yet.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Ironically, our schools could care less about our Writing Score on the SATs, yet they want this magical essay that we have to write for them. You'd think that our SAT Writing Score would have more importance bc of how they treat the essays. Tbh an essay can make or break your admittance to schools too. And the amount of content we are supposed to put in it in under 650 words is amazing as well, and rather hard. It is all about showing, not telling. So really you cannot say anything about yourself, but rather have to show it through a story. Can't write about sports or family. Those are the two "forbidden" topics bc everyone does it. We spent a few days working on these in AP Lit, and the normal Lit classes, who really need this advice bc the essays for the AP kids don't matter as we will likely get accepted regardless because of our grades alone, spent less than 40 minutes prepping and most of them wrote poor essays in under an hour with little to no "training". At least they got something, a lot of the public schools around here don't even make the college essay part of the Lit course for senior year.

American colleges are odd. They want diversity and grades and not as important as you might think. To some, skin color, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. is more important than your GPA and SAT scores, which says a lot about our higher education system.

I've spent nearly a month working on these essays and applications in general now, it's extremely stressful and everyone is super high strung and you are basically constantly walking on ice with everyone, at least the AP students, who all do early action to at at least one school. Very few non-AP students at my school do early action bc they either don't know where they want to go or just don't feel like doing the work yet.

The only thing you have to do beyond your tests (A-Levels) for our unis is write a personal statement, unless you're applying for medicine, Cambridge or Oxford. It's 4000 characters and most people do like five drafts, I did my first one four days before the deadline and my physics teacher said it was the most perfect engineering personal statement he'd ever read, so that shows how hard it is over here. I've already got a conditional for Manchester.

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

The political institute would be the old regime that supports the Duke of Milan as the Duke of Savoy. Independence is not the issue here.

Also, this is the proposal for the conclusion of the war, not the current situation.

Okay that makes more sense to me now. But the land on the map seems very incorrect to me. Milan has never specifically captured any areas, and certainly hasn't secured up to the far Northern border with the Anglois for example.
If the King of Milan gave up claim to the title of Duke of Savoy, but demanded provinces x, y and z as de jure part of whatever title as a kind of compensation, I'd be happy to agree to that. The stuff about the PIL is between you and the PIL though.

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Savoy Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Delsola wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:

Okay that makes more sense to me now. But the land on the map seems very incorrect to me. Milan has never specifically captured any areas, and certainly hasn't secured up to the far Northern border with the Anglois for example.
If the King of Milan gave up claim to the title of Duke of Savoy, but demanded provinces x, y and z as de jure part of whatever title as a kind of compensation, I'd be happy to agree to that. The stuff about the PIL is between you and the PIL though.

Milan won't exist much longer; it'll be redeclared as the Kingdom of the Lombards, so renouncing the claim to the title of Duke of Savoy is fine.

Now, the map is the tricky area. What would you suggest, preferably with an image?

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:49 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Problem with the writing section is the test readers seem not to actually read it too much. They just give a general brush over and move on to the next.
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Mishmahig wrote:
Delsola wrote:

Milan won't exist much longer; it'll be redeclared as the Kingdom of the Lombards, so renouncing the claim to the title of Duke of Savoy is fine.

Now, the map is the tricky area. What would you suggest, preferably with an image?

Huehuehue So I will finally be the sole holder of the Duchy of Savoy.
e

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Mishmahig wrote:

Huehuehue So I will finally be the sole holder of the Duchy of Savoy.

The, uh, title yes. The territory, not really.

Also, I'd like to partition a piece off into the Swiss cantons, so the Duchy would be split into three -- the Kingdom of the Lombards, the Free Republic of Savoy, and the Swiss <whatever>.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse