NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Age: Origins [OOC/DISCUSSION/EPILOGUE/Charles Dance]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next RP's setting?

Pre-DA:Origins (Fourth Blight? Third Blight?)
14%
Shortly after DA2
50%
DA: Inquisition
14%
Charles Dance, Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies.
21%

Total votes : 14

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:35 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I killed Wynne and then gained support of Circle and Templars alike.

We're starting in a quite familiar town a bit north of Ostagar. Hint: road bandits.

You mean Loathing?

They changed the town name to match the local attitude.

Leliana must be loathing the spies from Orlais looking for her.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:I swear, at this rate, the IC will be called "Elf Age"

I don't see any problems with this. If anything we obviously require more elves.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Good thing I was thinking of creating a dwarven character then...
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Doperland
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Doperland » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Yep. I should join in with a Dwarf, ye' need some Dwarves here.
Just because of the name Doperland, doesn't mean we're all high, I mean, seriously, man....Quote of the undetermined period of time: "Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda
I'm awesome. On Steam(and most other things, actually) I'm called Necrocreature. Add me if you're willing to buy me stuff!
For:The colors Black, Red, White and Swedish Metal. Oh, and this:
Yedmnrutika Gavr wrote:da dopeste fiend

Against:You.- I mean, uh...
I am Doperland! I also go by Necrocreature, Dope, and various vulgar insults.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Dragon Age: A Machine for Elves

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:40 pm

We'll make it through. Somehow...

Maybe we'll have to prohibit elves for a while. In another RP based on Mass Effect, my friend outlawed the race of Turians and biotic classes, to keep diversity. Since everyone wanted to be biotics and no one wanted something like engineer.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Communist Androids wrote:

I don't see any problems with this. If anything we obviously require more elves.

Will you need Orlesian humans? Sadly, I doubt I can spread myself much thinner given the Sports RPing activity I have.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Communist Androids wrote:I don't see any problems with this. If anything we obviously require more elves.

Will you need Orlesian humans? Sadly, I doubt I can spread myself much thinner given the Sports RPing activity I have.

We could always use more French Orlesian humans as well! Could also do with some Humans from Fereldan. Dwarves are good too. Might want to see a Qunari. Orlesian elves could do too. We need more everything.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Communist Androids wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Will you need Orlesian humans? Sadly, I doubt I can spread myself much thinner given the Sports RPing activity I have.

We could always use more French Orlesian humans as well! Could also do with some Humans from Fereldan. Dwarves are good too. Might want to see a Qunari. Orlesian elves could do too. We need more everything.

Everything except Dalish elves.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Communist Androids wrote:We could always use more French Orlesian humans as well! Could also do with some Humans from Fereldan. Dwarves are good too. Might want to see a Qunari. Orlesian elves could do too. We need more everything.

Everything except Dalish elves.

I'm going to see if I can balance posting on three boards. If I join, it's likely to be tomorrow as a human rogue.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:29 pm

:meh: Here goes nothing...

Warrior Application

Name: Ser Emmittyn Theirin

Race: Human

Appearance: Ser Emmittyn Theirin has a smaller stature than most, but makes up for it with a well built body, conditioned for intense close quarter combat. He has sandy blonde hair much like Calian Theirin, however Emmittyn prefers to keep his hair short and neat, so it fits nicely within his helmet. He has deep sapphire blue eyes, a long nose, and an otherwise handsome face, if it weren't for his wounds and scars. Across his left checkbone up to his jaw is a massive scar, another scar on the right side of his face, and some front teeth missing from battle with Orlesian Chevaliers. His right eye is missing from an arrow that nearly killed him, so he wears an eyepatch over the empty socket.

Personality: Emmittyn is a very humble and courteous man, even to his enemies. He is also a dutiful and honorable man, who will devout body and soul to the crown. He is called a natural leader, but he prefers to follow instead, unless pressured to take charge. He will be very frank with those around him, even friends, and will always speak out his mind. Unlike most Humans, he isn't terrified of mages, and is very tolerant and fascinated by them, even though he is a devout chantry believer. He accepts all races, even elves, and was often seen in the Alienage in Highever prior to Ostagar, donating coins and food.

Personal Belongings: Steel longsword(the model from game like the cousland family blade), Steel Commander's Helm, Steel Heavy Chainmail(like the armor of Diligence, but not enchanted), Steel Heavy Chainmail Boot, Steel Heavy Chainmail Gauntlets, 3 lesser health poultices, one sovereign, and a steel kite shield with heraldry of Denerim. (Will change armor tier if needed.)

Bio: Born to the Rebel Queen's younger brother before he died, Emmittyn grew up fighting against Orlais. From an early age, the Rebel Queen noted that he had the making of a great warrior, and had him trained alongside his older cousin Maric. With Maric, Emmittyn mastered fighting with a sword and shield, bowmanship, hand to hand, and horsemanship. He was knighted after the Rebel Queen' death, by Maric himself. Maric and Emmityn became very close, and remained nearly brothers, until Maric and Loghain became sworn brothers. In Emmittyn's eyes, Loghaim stole Maric from him, and he argued with Loghain on strategy to the point that Maric ordered Emmittyn to lead a group of outriders to meet the young Bryce Cousland at Whiteriver. While at Whiteriver he befriended the young lord Cousland, and fought side by side with Bryce, Rendon Howe and Leonas Bryland. The rebel army was slaughtered by the Orlesian forces, and Emmittyn sustained many injuries, and was nearly left behind, if not for Bryce, who charged into Orlesian lines to rescue him. When Emmittyn recovered, he swore his sword to Bryce, and we on to fight many battles against the Orlesians. At the battle of River Dane, he was struck in the eye by a Chevalier, and once again nearly died, this time it was Rendon Howe who saved him(ironically). When Maric took the throne, Emmittyn kept his promise to Bryce, and moved to Highever, and became Bryce's Master-at-Arms. He remained there until Maric was lost at sea. He searched for nearly 4 years, but returned to Highever saddened.

When the Darkspawn surged forth from the Korcori Wilds, he was sent to Orlais by Calian's orders as an envoy to the Empress. After Empress Celine agreed to sent her wardens and soldiers, he began to return to the King's encampment at Ostagar. However he decided to see Highever, to see if Bryce and Fergus left for Ostagar, and to check in on the young Cousland. When he reached the castle, he noticed Arl Rendon Howe's banners strung across the castle walls and gates. He infiltrated the castle that night, and didn't find any trace of the Couslands, or Arl Howe. Immediately he set out for Ostagar to tell Calian of Howe's treachery. When he reached Lothering, he saw the Teryn's men marching through, and knew that Loghain left Calian to die. When Loghain left, Ser Emmittyn remained anonymous, and began to help the Templars prepare to evacuate the city, but most of all hopes for a Cousland to march through.
Last edited by Asyir on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Pelinal for life!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Asyir wrote::meh: Here goes nothing...

Warrior Application

Appearance: Ser Emmittyn Theirin has a smaller stature than most, but makes up for it with a well built body, conditioned for intense close quarter combat. He has sandy blonde hair much like Calian Theirin, however Emmittyn prefers to keep his hair short and neat, so it fits nicely within his helmet. He has deep sapphire blue eyes, a long nose, and an otherwise handsome face, if it weren't for his wounds and scars. Across his left checkbone up to his jaw is a massive scar, another scar on the right side of his face, and some front teeth missing from battle with Orlesian Chevaliers. His right eye is missing from an arrow that nearly killed him, so he wears an eyepatch over the empty socket.

Personality: Emmittyn is a very humble and courteous man, even to his enemies. He is also a dutiful and honorable man, who will devout body and soul to the crown. He is called a natural leader, but he prefers to follow instead, unless pressured to take charge. He will be very frank with those around him, even friends, and will always speak out his mind. Unlike most Humans, he isn't terrified of mages, and is very tolerant and fascinated by them, even though he is a devout chantry believer. He accepts all races, even elves, and was often seen in the Alienage in Highever prior to Ostagar, donating coins and food.

Personal Belongings: Steel longsword(the model from game like the cousland family blade), Steel Commander's Helm, Steel Heavy Chainmail(like the armor of Diligence, but not enchanted), Steel Heavy Chainmail Boot, Steel Heavy Chainmail Gauntlets, 3 lesser health poultices, one sovereign, and a steel kite shield with heraldry of Denerim. (Will change armor tier if needed.)

Bio: Born to the Rebel Queen's younger brother before he died, Emmittyn grew up fighting against Orlais. From an early age, the Rebel Queen noted that he had the making of a great warrior, and had him trained alongside his older cousin Maric. With Maric, Emmittyn mastered fighting with a sword and shield, bowmanship, hand to hand, and horsemanship. He was knighted after the Rebel Queen' death, by Maric himself. Maric and Emmityn became very close, and remained nearly brothers, until Maric and Loghain became sworn brothers. In Emmittyn's eyes, Loghaim stole Maric from him, and he argued with Loghain on strategy to the point that Maric ordered Emmittyn to lead a group of outriders to meet the young Bryce Cousland at Whiteriver. While at Whiteriver he befriended the young lord Cousland, and fought side by side with Bryce, Rendon Howe and Leonas Bryland. The rebel army was slaughtered by the Orlesian forces, and Emmittyn sustained many injuries, and was nearly left behind, if not for Bryce, who charged into Orlesian lines to rescue him. When Emmittyn recovered, he swore his sword to Bryce, and we on to fight many battles against the Orlesians. At the battle of River Dane, he was struck in the eye by a Chevalier, and once again nearly died, this time it was Rendon Howe who saved him(ironically). When Maric took the throne, Emmittyn kept his promise to Bryce, and moved to Highever, and became Bryce's Master-at-Arms. He remained there until Maric was lost at sea. He searched for nearly 4 years, but returned to Highever saddened.

When the Darkspawn surged forth from the Korcori Wilds, he was sent to Orlais by Calian's orders as an envoy to the Empress. After Empress Celine agreed to sent her wardens and soldiers, he began to return to the King's encampment at Ostagar. However he decided to see Highever, to see if Bryce and Fergus left for Ostagar, and to check in on the young Cousland. When he reached the castle, he noticed Arl Rendon Howe's banners strung across the castle walls and gates. He infiltrated the castle that night, and didn't find any trace of the Couslands, or Arl Howe. Immediately he set out for Ostagar to tell Calian of Howe's treachery. When he reached Lothering, he saw the Teryn's men marching through, and knew that Loghain left Calian to die. When Loghain left, Ser Emmittyn remained anonymous, and began to help the Templars prepare to evacuate the city, but most of all hopes for a Cousland to march through.

See, if it were me, I would try and make a character not tied to main canon characters in an RP. Leaves them free to act with the RP group instead of the main character's group.

However, as stated earlier, I'm not important enough to reject/accept it. I can give my opinion though. That's all I got.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Asyir wrote::meh: Here goes nothing...

Warrior Application

See, if it were me, I would try and make a character not tied to main canon characters in an RP. Leaves them free to act with the RP group instead of the main character's group.

However, as stated earlier, I'm not important enough to reject/accept it. I can give my opinion though. That's all I got.

If the OP wants it changed, I'll change it. I think it's a cool backstory. My character never fought at Ostagar though... I see that might be a problem.
Team Pelinal for life!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Asyir wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:See, if it were me, I would try and make a character not tied to main canon characters in an RP. Leaves them free to act with the RP group instead of the main character's group.

If the OP wants it changed, I'll change it. I think it's a cool backstory. My character never fought at Ostagar though... I see that might be a problem.

So far, none of us have either. Why would that have been a problem?

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Any particular roles you guys need filled?
Last edited by Phalnia on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Phalnia wrote:Any particular roles you guys need filled?

I personally want a dwarf or two. Underused in everywhere I've seen. Or basic humans, from anywhere in Thedas. Pretty much, anything but elves. That's already like 75%-80% of our current roster.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Asyir wrote:If the OP wants it changed, I'll change it. I think it's a cool backstory. My character never fought at Ostagar though... I see that might be a problem.

So far, none of us have either. Why would that have been a problem?

Where would we all meet up at? Lothering?
Team Pelinal for life!

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Phalnia wrote:Any particular roles you guys need filled?

I personally want a dwarf or two. Underused in everywhere I've seen. Or basic humans, from anywhere in Thedas. Pretty much, anything but elves. That's already like 75%-80% of our current roster.

Would it be better if I were a minor lord in service of Bryce instead?
Team Pelinal for life!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Asyir wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I personally want a dwarf or two. Underused in everywhere I've seen. Or basic humans, from anywhere in Thedas. Pretty much, anything but elves. That's already like 75%-80% of our current roster.

Would it be better if I were a minor lord in service of Bryce instead?

I think that would be much better.

And yes. We're meeting in Lothering. Shortly after the fight at Ostagar. So I assume we'll be fighting a losing battle against the Darkspawn that wiped the town off the map (that's just my guess. Not certain, but probable).

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012

Postby Valentir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Warrior Application
Name: Ian d'Angevine
Race: Orlesian
Appearance:
Personality: WIP
Personal belongings: Equipment, potions, and so forth.
Bio: WIP

Warrior Application
Name: Victoria d'Angevine
Appearance:
Last edited by Valentir on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Asyir wrote:Would it be better if I were a minor lord in service of Bryce instead?

I think that would be much better.

And yes. We're meeting in Lothering. Shortly after the fight at Ostagar. So I assume we'll be fighting a losing battle against the Darkspawn that wiped the town off the map (that's just my guess. Not certain, but probable).

Hmmm. Am I allowed to edit my app. I don't want to create a whole new one. Maybe I'll wait for the OP first. Hopefully I can RP as this character, but if not, I understand.

On a different level, technically most players would've meet a canon character beforehand. Like a circle Mage would know Irvin, Wynne, Gregoir, Cullen, Uldred etc. I thought in my app somewhere I mentioned him and Loghain hate each other, and Loghain wouldn't allow him near the throne.
Team Pelinal for life!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Valentir wrote:Warrior/Rogue Application
Appearance:

Warrior/Rogue Application
Appearance:

Can you specify which character is which class? Delete half of the "title" Dutchy put in the code and leave the one that character is. I would assume Ian is a warrior and Victoria a rogue, but you never know.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012

Postby Valentir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Valentir wrote:Warrior/Rogue Application
Appearance:

Warrior/Rogue Application
Appearance:

Can you specify which character is which class? Delete half of the "title" Dutchy put in the code and leave the one that character is. I would assume Ian is a warrior and Victoria a rogue, but you never know.

Ah, oops. I'll do that now.
Both are warriors, actually. Ian wields a massive two-handed sword, Victoria using sword and shield.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Asyir wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I think that would be much better.

Hmmm. Am I allowed to edit my app. I don't want to create a whole new one. Maybe I'll wait for the OP first. Hopefully I can RP as this character, but if not, I understand.

On a different level, technically most players would've meet a canon character beforehand. Like a circle Mage would know Irvin, Wynne, Gregoir, Cullen, Uldred etc. I thought in my app somewhere I mentioned him and Loghain hate each other, and Loghain wouldn't allow him near the throne.

Probably should wait. I don't want to cause you to change if you don't want to.

And I can't think of a canon character Soren would have met. Maybe some random elves or a keeper, but no one I'm going to try and tie in to my backstory. Maybe he could have been a first, but that would require magic. And I applied as a warrior. Maybe I'll ask Dutchy if I can edit to reflect him being a first. Would explain his studiousness.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Asyir wrote:Hmmm. Am I allowed to edit my app. I don't want to create a whole new one. Maybe I'll wait for the OP first. Hopefully I can RP as this character, but if not, I understand.

Probably should wait. I don't want to cause you to change if you don't want to.

And I can't think of a canon character Soren would have met. Maybe some random elves or a keeper, but no one I'm going to try and tie in to my backstory. Maybe he could have been a first, but that would require magic. And I applied as a warrior. Maybe I'll ask Dutchy if I can edit to reflect him being a first. Would explain his studiousness.

Seeing how King Maric is dead, King Calian is dead, the Couslands are dead(maybe), there's really no canon characters ties to except Loghain, whom my rp character hates vehemently.

On another side, an elf with a great sword? Should be interesting.
Team Pelinal for life!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse