NATION

PASSWORD

The New Modern World (AH, OOC/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Afghanistan or Iraq?

Iraq
33%
Afghanistan
67%
Another Country (Detail it in a reply)
No votes

Total votes : 3

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Marsisian wrote:So I'm only going to be playing West Germany?

At least to start, and maybe re-unite the east if the U.S.S.R won't cause to much trouble for you.

:shock:

Hmm.
Last edited by Marsisian on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Jainun wrote:Very tempting to join this rp, but all this info seems a bit much

My RP's end up turning out to be awesome! So, it is your choice really.

Jainun
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Ye if you can, reserve me for Nationalist Indonesia/Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei (basically all the spice islands including Malaysia

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Waztaskio wrote:
Jainun wrote:Very tempting to join this rp, but all this info seems a bit much

My RP's end up turning out to be awesome! So, it is your choice really.

Can it match the power of 2020: ABNW.

Jainun, its your choice, but since you're still getting the ropes, id suggest sticking to one RP for now. Not to impose on Waz, just for your betterment. Its still you're choice though and up to you :)

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 pm

The Vaktovian Empire wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:My RP's end up turning out to be awesome! So, it is your choice really.

Can it match the power of 2020: ABNW.

Jainun, its your choice, but since you're still getting the ropes, id suggest sticking to one RP for now. Not to impose on Waz, just for your betterment. Its still you're choice though and up to you :)

Don't worry, I got this :D now for army size, what percentage of the population would be at least semi realistic or should I us modern day numbers?
Last edited by Jainun on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alouite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Reserving East Germany. If they are united in this then I reserve Germany.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Can I reserve the Brazilian Empire?
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Alouite wrote:Reserving East Germany. If they are united in this then I reserve Germany.

You're in an extremely bad position as East Germany, you know. It looks like I shall unify shortly after the IC starts.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Alouite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Marsisian wrote:
Alouite wrote:Reserving East Germany. If they are united in this then I reserve Germany.

You're in an extremely bad position as East Germany, you know. It looks like I shall unify shortly after the IC starts.

Oh, then I'll rp good ol' France if you'd reserve me that.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Alouite wrote:
Marsisian wrote:You're in an extremely bad position as East Germany, you know. It looks like I shall unify shortly after the IC starts.

Oh, then I'll rp good ol' France if you'd reserve me that.

I'm not a Co-OP. I'm the West Germany player.

Zataristan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zataristan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Reserve PRC please.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers."

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Alouite » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Marsisian wrote:
Alouite wrote:Oh, then I'll rp good ol' France if you'd reserve me that.

I'm not a Co-OP. I'm the West Germany player.

That last bit was directed at Waz, to avoid double posting. But I figured you were the West German player.
Hyman Minsky

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:10 pm

NS Name: Jainun
Nation Name: Indonesian Confederacy
Head of State: President Ade Halim
Head of Government: President Ade Halim
Flag:Image

Claims: MD Indonesia, Brunei, Malysia, and Singapore
Capital City: Jakarta

Government Form: Presidential Federal Republic
Ideology: Nationalism, wants to claim Indo-China, East Timor, and Papua New Guinea for herself
Foreign Policy: Interventionism. Friendly to Western nations and looks for friendly relations with Japan. Very opposed to Communism
Domestic Policy: Conservatively based, the government does not offer many services to those in poverty or economic equality, but does have small pensions and minimum wage and small welfare
Civil Freedoms /10: 5
Political Freedoms /10: 6
Economic Freedoms /10: 9

Military Size: 900,000 Active, 1,500,000 Reserve
Military Description: The Tentara Nasional Indonesia, is headed by the President Ade Halim as Commander-in-Chief. If is comprised of 4 divisions, the Angkatan Darat (Army), the Angkatan Udara (Air Force), the Korps Pasukan Khas (Special Forces), and the Angkatan Laut (Navy). The military is more of a massive defensive force, they know Indonesia better than anyone else, the special forces uses harassment tactics and guerrilla tactics, then while the enemy is turning their heads in confusion, they get hit with a full frontal assault by the Indonesian ground forces

The technology employed is modern weaponry, some locally produced like the Pindad SS1 and the Pindad P1, to Leopard 2's from Germany.
Strengths and Weaknesses: The is primarily focused on operating defensively, in her home country. Fighting wars in other territories weakens her best weapon, surprise
Law Enforcement: Law Enforcement is up to the Provinces, each creates their own police force to monitor the territory.
Intelligence agencies(Domestic and Foreign): Foreign: Badan Intelijen Strategis
Domestic:Badan Intelijen Negara

Description of Your Nation's Economy: The Indonesian Economy is a booming capitalist economy, Indonesia exports many things, has a near monopoly on palm oil, bur coal briquettes and petroleum gas lead the economy in exports. Others include: Crude Petrol and rubber.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The Legislature is one house, lead by the President who is elected once every 6 years and may serve 2 terms.
History of your Nation: Following Indonesian independence, Sukarno would not stop until the Spice Islands were under is control, he pursued strong diplomatic relations to Malaysia and Brunei and under his guidance, they flourished, eventually petitioning for annexation.

In 1968, the Indonesian Confederacy was born, comprising of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei, they created a united front against the Communist threat. The country knew that if they were to be successful against the Red Star, they would have to industrialize and fast. So began the long hard road to industrialization. They allowed foreign investment and their nation blossomed into a very strong and influential country in South East Asia
Population of entire nation: 230,000,000

429 - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Jainun on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Reserving the United Kingdom of Great Britain and possibly all of Ireland in the name of the Crown!
Last edited by Ptolemais on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Ptolemais wrote:Reserving the United Kingdom of Great Britain and possibly all of Ireland in the name of the Crown!

Psh, how cliche XD

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Jainun wrote:NS Name: Jainun
Flag:(Image)

Ideology: Nationalism, wants to claim Indo-China, East Timor, and Papua New Guinea for herself
Foreign Policy: Interventionism. Friendly to Western nations and looks for friendly relations with Japan. Very opposed to Communism
Domestic Policy:

Military Size: 1,900,000 Active, 2,500,000 Reserve
Military Description: The Tentara Nasional Indonesia, is headed by the President Ade Halim as Commander-in-Chief. If is comprised of 4 divisions, the Angkatan Darat (Army), the Angkatan Udara (Air Force), the Korps Pasukan Khas (Special Forces), and the Angkatan Laut (Navy). The military is more of a massive defensive force, they know Indonesia better than anyone else, the special forces uses harassment tactics and guerrilla tactics, then while the enemy is turning their heads in confusion, they get hit with a full frontal assault by the Indonesian ground forces

The technology employed is modern weaponry, some locally produced like the Pindad SS1 and the Pindad P1, to Leopard 2's from Germany.
Strengths and Weaknesses: The is primarily focused on operating defensively, in her home country. Fighting wars in other territories weakens her best weapon, surprise
Law Enforcement: Law Enforcement is up to the Provinces, each creates their own police force to monitor the territory.

Description of Your Nation's Economy: The Indonesian Economy is a booming capitalist economy, Indonesia exports many things, has a near monopoly on palm oil, bur coal briquettes and petroleum gas lead the economy in exports. Others include: Crude Petrol and rubber.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The Legislature is one house, lead by the President who is elected once every 6 years and may serve 2 terms.
History of your Nation: Following Indonesian independence, Sukarno would not stop until the Spice Islands were under is control, he pursued strong diplomatic relations to Malaysia and Brunei and under his guidance, they flourished, eventually petitioning for annexation.

In 1968, the Indonesian Confederacy was born, comprising of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei, they created a united front against the Communist threat. The country knew that if they were to be successful against the Red Star, they would have to industrialize and fast. So began the long hard road to industrialization. They allowed foreign investment and their nation blossomed into a very strong and influential country in South East Asia

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Might want to add a Domestic Policy, then I'll review this. Also, your military is HUGE! You might REALLY want to cut back on that before that bankrupts you.
Last edited by Waztaskio on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Domestic Policy: Conservatively based, the government does not offer many services to those in poverty or economic equality, but does have small pensions and minimum wage and small welfare

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Is this better, I have a very large pop, so I figured maybe a little less than 1% of the pop, but yea suppose it was a bit big :lol2: , is this better?

Zataristan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zataristan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Er...i'll change my reservation to USSR
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers."

Glovania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 am

Hello Waz! I am glad you sent me that telegram - the old RP was freakin great! Now, you wouldn't mind if I was to use my old nation, would you? It looks like you are using yours.

Either way, I humbly reserve Canada.
Last edited by Glovania on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Bernard Montgomery, 24 March 1976, eight times in total.

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

Keznov
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 am

I'd like the USSR, but it seems Zataristan wants it...so I'll claim India please?
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Puerto Tyranus
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Puerto Tyranus » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 am

How's this? I think History is probably too short, but I'm running out of steam right now. I'll rewrite it later if I have too.

NS Name: Puerto Tyranus
Nation Name: The Hellenic Royal Republic (Free Greece)
Head of State: King Konstantínos II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nauplius Tymon
Flag:

Claims: Peloponnese, Crete, Cyclades, Ionian Islands
Capital City: Patras

Government Form: Constitutional Monarchy
Ideology: Cultural Conservatism
Foreign Policy: The HRR is a mostly inward-focusing nation, with one exception: The Communist Balkan States. In any action in which the CBS are involved, you will find the HRR involved in some way on the other side. Because of this, it's easy to see that they despise the USSR. While not exactly a pro-free market nation, their opposition to the USSR has driven them into somewhat close relations with the USA and have accepted aid from the US in some of their activities against the Communist Balkan States.
Domestic Policy: With high praise heaped upon the culture of Greece, assimilation of any immigrants is highly encouraged. National Infrastructure and Education come shortly following that in governmental support, a side effect of their quasi-war with their Communist neighbors. Beyond that, certain government-licensed monopolies hold control over most vital national resources (i.e. steel, electricity, water, ect.) and farming is monitored heavily. Non-vital resources are usually left in the private sector, with only a few exceptions in certain districts.
Economic Freedoms /10: 3

Military Size: >1% (~21,000 [~13,000 active, ~8,000 reserve])
Military Description: The Hellenic Royal Armed Forces (Ελληνική Βασιλική Ένοπλες Δυνάμεις [EVED]) rely moderately on NATO weaponry in their land and air forces (i.e. most infantry and armored units are nearly identical to their US/French/British counterparts beyond some "local touches"), however, Greek Shipping is alive and well and allows for the Greeks to produce their own Naval vessels. The EVED follows the military doctrine of Mission-type tactics, a doctrine within which formal rules can be selectively suspended in order to overcome "friction". It encourages commanders to exhibit initiative, flexibility and improvisation while in command.

40% of the military is in the Navy,
15% is in the Air Force,
20% is in the Coast Guard,
and
25% is in the Army

The Navy has 56 vessels:
1 Light carrier
3 Cruisers
9 Destroyers
15 Frigates
10 Corvettes (2 minesweepers, 1 Seabed Scanner, 7 General Purpose)
2 Submarines (Non-nuclear)
16 Fast Attack Craft (PT-esque Boats)

The Army is organized into 2 Brigades and 1 Spec Ops Company
One Brigade handles defense of the main peninsula while the other is stationed across the islands
The Spec Ops Company does most of the foreign intervention work

The Airforce has 12 wings of Aircraft:
2 Interceptor Wings (One based on Crete, one in Tripoli)
1 CAS Wing (Based in Corinth)
4 Bomber Wings (One on Crete, two in Corinth, One in Patras)
4 Escort Wings (Same spread as bombers)
1 Multipurpose Wing (Based in Tripoli)

The Coast Guard maintains 5 Corvette-class vessels, 20 Fast Attack Craft, and 3 Helicopter Carriers (Each of which has a helicopter compliment of 4)
They and the Navy are based out of 9 ports around the Nation, one in the Ionian Islands, three on the Peninsula, three on Crete, and one in the Cyclades

Strengths and Weaknesses: While skilled at what they do (i.e. limited interventions and naval interdiction), the EVED have not waged open war in a long time. Their Spec Ops Units are some of the best, but their regular Army is Sub-par. Their Airforce is focused on bomber warfare in support of their regular army, so their CAS and Multirole units are lesser used and underfunded while their Escort planes and Bombers are almost top-of-the-line. Their Navy is very, very good at patrolling and policing its own waters, but lacks the punching power to really go on the offensive against distant targets. Their current lack of a Marine Force limits the operational scope of their Navy a great deal and limits their options on the offensive. Their Coast Guard has very skilled rescuers, but lacks the ability to really travel or operate beyond national waters.
Law Enforcement: The National Hellenic Police (Εθνική Ελληνική Αστυνομία [EEA]) operate at all levels of the law with a regular police force, highway patrol, SWAT, and Ranger units. They are provided funding from the public and are run by Royally-approved individuals voted in by Parliament (the backwards of the US Supreme Court appointments). Each of the Nation's eight districts are appointed a District commissioner in this way. Under the commissioner, all positions can be hired in or promoted up to. While somewhat lax on white-collar crime by the higher-ups, the police are generally just and have good oversight.
Intelligence agencies(Domestic and Foreign): The Hellenic Royal Intelligence Agency (Βασιλική Ελληνική Υπηρεσία Πληροφοριών [VEYP]) handles all intelligence and counter-intelligence operations for the HRR. They mostly handle domestic issues like counter-terrorism, counter-intelligence, and international crime (Drug trafficking, human cargo, ect.).

Description of Your Nation's Economy: While the Traditional fishing, agriculture, and tourism are still strong sources of income, the manufacturing, mining, and shipping industries are on the rise due to governmental pressures. The Private sector owns about 60% of the economy, with the other 40% under governmental thumb.
Description of Your Nation's Government: Following the succession of the HRR when Communist rebels took over northern Greece, the Greek Communist Party was outlawed, leaving a very right-wing parliament and the return of the Greek King to those who wished him back. There are three major parties in the HRR: The Royalists, the Conservatives, and the Nationalist Party. The Royalists seek to maintain the current status quo politically, but also have more liberal leanings than the other two parties as well as being the biggest Supporters of NATO. The Conservatives (of who Nauplius Tymon is one) seek to expand the power of parliament and place a bigger focus on domestic policies, being more isolationist than the Royalists. The Nationalist Party, however, places nearly all the focus on foreign policy and anything that expands it: a larger diplomatic corps, more embassies, more military funding, ect. They also support the military takeover of the lands lost to the Red Menace during the Greek Civil War and breaking the Constantinople Accord.

The King has oversight of most domestic policy. The Prime Minister handles most foreign policy.

Current Parliamentary split:
42% Royalist
28% Conservative
30% Nationalist Party

History of your Nation: Following the Greek Civil War, the Royalist forces of Greece were forced into the southern half of the country and lost nearly all their island territories before peace was brokered with the Communist rebel forces funded by the Bulgarian Government. Angered at the loses in territory and massaging a wounded ego, the Greek government-in-exile voted unanimously (after their left-wing members were thrown out into the street from the small town hall they had taken residence in) to bring back the monarchy in a slightly more expanded purview than the British method, as a slap to the face of their foes. After claiming the king back from his forced vacation in France, the new government set itself up to be anti-whatever Communist Greece was, bringing them into conflict with most Balkan states but greatly improving their relations with Turkey. Soon enough, US Marshall Plan funds and weapons were flooding the country, and the small Peninsular Nation set about trying to reclaim lands from their Communist neighbors.

Having kept most of the original Greek Navy when they fled, the HRR was able to take back Crete and most of the Cyclades islands with minimal fighting on the islands themselves. True conflict began over the Ionian Islands late into the war as the Communist Greece was able to recover and reform their shocked military and mount a bloody defense that was only broken by the aid of US-sold aircraft. Feeling confident after their successive conquests, the HRR laid siege to the Communist Greek capital in Athens and attempted a Naval invasion of Rhodes. Failing to receive aid from NATO cause both of these assaults to fail spectacularly, destroying most of the HRR's Naval units and killing somewhere between 4,000 and 6,000 soldiers.

Successfully quelled, the public of both nations called for peace and, soon enough, the Constantinople Accord was written, banning full-scale military operations between the two nations. Since then, both sides have tested the waters of the Accord with covert strikes and encouraging dissent through whatever means necessary.
Population of entire nation: ~1,941,300*

429 - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Puerto Tyranus on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."
-Commander William Adama
I'm Roman Catholic, so there's that. If you have any questions about what Roman Catholicism really does, I guess I can help. You should probably go to a priest to ask, but I know some things.
Total Population: 1,103,000,000
Criminals: 49,954,494
Elderly, Disabled, & Retirees: 144,083,650
Military & Reserves: 110,182,685
Students and Youth: 195,506,750
Unemployed but Able: 121,075,077
Working Class: 482,197,344
Defcon: 3

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:48 am

Zataristan wrote:Er...i'll change my reservation to USSR

Quite a big job, so hope your ready for LOADS of posting and problems.

Glovania wrote:Hello Waz! I am glad you sent me that telegram - the old RP was freakin great! Now, you wouldn't mind if I was to use my old nation, would you? It looks like you are using yours.

Either way, I humbly reserve Canada.

Thank you for the compliments :hug:. You might have to edit some stuff in your old app to get it to fit into the 1980's feel we are in.

Keznov wrote:I'd like the USSR, but it seems Zataristan wants it...so I'll claim India please?

India will be reserved for you.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:55 am

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Setting your population to 198,000,000. Everything else can stay the same.

Puerto Tyranus wrote:How's this? I think History is probably too short, but I'm running out of steam right now. I'll rewrite it later if I have too.

NS Name: Puerto Tyranus
Nation Name: The Hellenic Royal Republic (Free Greece)
Head of State: King Konstantínos II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nauplius Tymon
Flag:
Claims: Peloponnese, Crete, Cyclades, Ionian Islands
Capital City: Patras

Government Form: Constitutional Monarchy
Ideology: Cultural Conservatism
Foreign Policy: The HRR is a mostly inward-focusing nation, with one exception: The Communist Balkan States. In any action in which the CBS are involved, you will find the HRR involved in some way on the other side. Because of this, it's easy to see that they despise the USSR. While not exactly a pre-free market nation, their opposition to the USSR has driven them into somewhat close relations with the USA and have accepted aid from the US in some of their activities against the Communist Balkan States.
Domestic Policy: With high praise heaped upon the culture of Greece, assimilation of any immigrants is highly encouraged. National Infrastructure and Education come shortly following that in governmental support, a side effect of their quasi-war with their Communist neighbors. Beyond that, certain government-licensed monopolies hold control over most vital national resources (i.e. steel, electricity, water, ect.) and farming is monitored heavily. Non-vital resources are usually left in the private sector, with only a few exceptions in certain districts.
Economic Freedoms /10: 3

Military Size: >1% (~21,000 [~13,000 active, ~8,000 reserve])
Military Description: The Hellenic Royal Armed Forces (Ελληνική Βασιλική Ένοπλες Δυνάμεις [EVED]) rely moderately on NATO weaponry in their land and air forces (i.e. most infantry and armored units are nearly identical to their US/French/British counterparts beyond some "local touches"), however, Greek Shipping is alive and well and allows for the Greeks to produce their own Naval vessels. The EVED follows the military doctrine of Mission-type tactics, a doctrine within which formal rules can be selectively suspended in order to overcome "friction". It encourages commanders to exhibit initiative, flexibility and improvisation while in command.

40% of the military is in the Navy,
15% is in the Air Force,
20% is in the Coast Guard,
and
25% is in the Army

The Navy has 56 vessels:
1 Light carrier
3 Cruisers
9 Destroyers
15 Frigates
10 Corvettes (2 minesweepers, 1 Seabed Scanner, 7 General Purpose)
2 Submarines (Non-nuclear)
16 Fast Attack Craft (PT-esque Boats)

The Army is organized into 2 Brigades and 1 Spec Ops Company
One Brigade handles defense of the main peninsula while the other is stationed across the islands
The Spec Ops Company does most of the foreign intervention work

The Airforce has 12 wings of Aircraft:
2 Interceptor Wings (One based on Crete, one in Tripoli)
1 CAS Wing (Based in Corinth)
4 Bomber Wings (One on Crete, two in Corinth, One in Patras)
4 Escort Wings (Same spread as bombers)
1 Multipurpose Wing (Based in Tripoli)

The Coast Guard maintains 5 Corvette-class vessels, 20 Fast Attack Craft, and 3 Helicopter Carriers (Each of which has a helicopter compliment of 4)
They and the Navy are based out of 9 ports around the Nation, one in the Ionian Islands, three of the Peninsula, three on Crete, and one in the Cyclades

Strengths and Weaknesses: While skilled at what they do (i.e. limited interventions and naval interdiction), the EVED have not waged open war in a long time. Their Spec Ops Units are some of the best, but their regular Army is Sub-par. Their Airforce is focused on bomber warfare in support of their regular army, so their CAS and Multirole units are lesser used and underfunded while their Escort planes and Bombers are almost top-of-the-line. Their Navy is very, very good at patrolling and policing its own waters, but lacks the punching power to really go on the offensive against distant targets. Their current lack of a Marine Force limits the operational scope of their Navy a great deal and limits their options on the offensive. Their Coast Guard has very skilled rescuers, but lacks the ability to really travel or operate beyond national waters.
Law Enforcement: The National Hellenic Police (Εθνική Ελληνική Αστυνομία [EEA]) operate at all levels of the law with a regular police force, highway patrol, SWAT, and Ranger units. They are provided funding from the public and are run by Royally-approved individuals voted in by Parliament (the backwards of the US Supreme Court appointments). Each of the Nation's eight districts are appointed a District commissioner in this way. Under the commissioner, all positions can be hired in or promoted up to. While somewhat lax on white-collar crime by the higher-ups, the police are generally just and have good oversight.
Intelligence agencies(Domestic and Foreign): The Hellenic Royal Intelligence Agency (Βασιλική Ελληνική Υπηρεσία Πληροφοριών [VEYP]) handles all intelligence and counter-intelligence operations for the HRR. They mostly handle domestic issues like counter-terrorism, counter-intelligence, and international crime (Drug trafficking, human cargo, ect.).

Description of Your Nation's Economy: While the Traditional fishing, agriculture, and tourism are still strong sources of income, the manufacturing, mining, and shipping industries are on the rise due to governmental pressures. The Private sector owns about 60% of the economy, with the other 40% under governmental thumb.
Description of Your Nation's Government: Following the succession of the HRR when Communist rebels took over northern Greece, the Greek Communist Party was outlawed, leaving a very right-wing parliament and the return of the Greek King to those who wished him back. There are three major parties in the HRR: The Royalists, the Conservatives, and the Nationalist Party. The Royalists seek to maintain the current status quo politically, but also have more liberal leanings than the other two parties as well as being the biggest Supporters of NATO. The Conservatives (of who Nauplius Tymon is one) seek to expand the power of parliament and place a bigger focus on domestic policies, being more isolationist than the Royalists. The Nationalist Party, however, places nearly all the focus on foreign policy and anything that expands it: a larger diplomatic corps, more embassies, more military funding, ect. They also support the military takeover of the lands lost to the Red Menace during the Greek Civil War.

The King has oversight of most domestic policy. The Prime Minister handles most foreign policy.

Current Parliamentary split:
35% Royalist
25% Conservative
40% Nationalist Party

History of your Nation: Following the Greek Civil War, the Royalist forces of Greece were forced into the southern half of the country and lost nearly all their island territories before peace was brokered as the Bulgarians quit funding the conflict. Incensed at their losses, the Greek government-in-exile voted nearly unanimously (after their left-wing members were thrown out into the street from the small town hall they had taken residence in) to bring back the monarchy in a slightly more expanded purview than the British method. After claiming the king back from his forced vacation in France, the new government set itself up to be anti-whatever Communist Greece was, bringing them into conflict with most Balkan states but greatly improving their relations with Turkey.
Population of entire nation: ~1,941,300*

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Considering the fact you look to have done your research, I will let the history slide a little. I love this app for Greece, and you are accepted :)!

Novacom
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:04 am

NS Name: Novacom
Nation Name: Los trabajadores del Estado, de la República Federal de Centroamérica (The Workers State of the, Federal Republic of Central America or FRoCA), Informally known as Centroamerica(You are encouraged to include both its formal name and its informal name)
Head of State: Chairman Fernandez Sevoroa
Head of Government: General Secretary Kristina Fuevala
Flag:
(Put in Spoiler)
Claims: http://s30.postimg.org/vdhzy4zv5/Centra ... c_Poss.png
Capital City: Karatá

Government Form:
Ideology: Syndicalism
Foreign Policy: The República Federal de Centroamérica, has had to tread a careful line over the years ensuring that it does not get caught up in the cold war, this is in no small part due to the distaste both for the Soviet Union’s perverse mockery of a workers state and a hearty dislike for the conduct of the west against those who would differ from them. Pragmatism has however won out over emotionalism and numerous deals and agreements have been made both in the interests of the people of Centroamerica and the workers of the world caught in between blind power mongers, which is not to say however that the Federal Republic will not defend itself from aggression and has done so on several occasions.
Domestic Policy: Domestic Policy is determined every four years during the Congreso de Sindicatos, or Congress of Trade Unions during which the local workers councils are re-elected based on the votes of their members, which would then elect a new series of Delegates for their local Syndicate, who would then in turn elect delegates to the national federation which would then vote on the direction of internal policy, this has frequently led to varying ideological platforms operating different organs of governance, more often than not however a coalition of platforms directs the broad strokes of state while the Unions on their respective levels ensure the voice of the people is heard and their will enacted. (How does your nation internally operate?)
Civil Freedoms 8/10: By sheer reality of their system the people of Centroamerica enjoy unparalleled freedoms, the right to free speech among other things is dearly cherished as part of the bedrock of the Syndicalist movement and while disagreements between the differing ideological platforms are frequent they all agree that without the voice and will of the worker the Syndicalist Revolution could never succeed.
Political Freedoms 10/10: Any Centroamerican may hold political office, they simply need to be able to demonstrate the ability both practically and theoretically in order to gain the votes from their peers, however it is ever made clear that those in power are Delegates, not representatives and are thus easily recalled should their actions not be in line with the will of the people. The entire nation votes on future “governments” during the Congress of Trade Unions, during which local trade unions elect delegates which in turn then elect delegates to regional Syndicates who then in turn elect Delegates to national Federations who in turn then vote on issues and platforms to create the basis of the government for the next four years, truly no other state can boast such direct democracy as the Syndicalist State!
Economic Freedoms 6/10: Economic freedoms are a somewhat more nebulous subject, collective ownership of the means of production means that while a person may be free to advocate a different path, unless they are able to convince their peers they must abide by the collective will of the Workers Commune’s.

Military Size: 510,000 In active Service, 820,000 Reservists can be called up and be combat ready within two months.
Military Description: The Federal Military is an entirely volunteer force, and is highly trained motivated and well equipped, doctrinally they favour rapid swift pinpoint strikes to destabilise and throw an enemy off balance. Small unit tactics are prevalent along with the healthy application of air power, in the last twenty years the Centroamerican Navy has received a healthy amount of attention with an ambitious research and development and naval construction program being initiated, chief amongst which is a Carrier development program. Originally Centroamerican equipment was of comparatively poor quality interspersed with both surplus from the United States and the Soviet Union, in time however domestic Design Bureau’s began creating indigenous designs for military use and then iterating upon them. By the 1980’s Centroamerica possessed the beginnings of parity with nations such as France and Italy but would be several years before equalling one of the two major superpowers, a fact that would remain much like the Federal Republic, distinctly under the radar due to foreign policy.
Strengths and Weaknesses: The Centroamerican military has by in large pioneered small unit combat operations both offensively in the form of guerrilla warfare, rapid insertion, marine landings and aerial infiltration. While the Federal Republic does maintain a small force of tanks, the terrain of the nation is ill suited to such fighting and as a result the practical application of the sound theories of armoured warfare is somewhat lacking, additionally the fact that by in large since it’s re-organisation into a professional fighting force both its equipment, tactics, organisation and methods are untried. In terms of Aerial and Maritime Operations however Centroamerica is oft referred to as an unknown David to the more traditionally known goliaths.
Law Enforcement: Crime is by in large a rarity in Centroamerica, the workers state being the ideal both in idea and in reality, however a modest constabulary does exist as a subset of the armed forces, the Yellow Jackets are a rare site in the cities with the exception of those near the Panama Canal.
Intelligence agencies (Domestic and Foreign): Due to the highly Communalistic nature of Centroamerica internal security is by in large a much more simple process. That is not to say there have never been instances of discovered spies and the like, most notably was during the second congress when a bomb attempt and then subsequent assassination attempt was discovered against the speaker of the Anarcho-Syndicalist Platform, Antonio Che Guellas. Subsequent investigation unearthed an American network designed to overthrow the workers states, through careful application of this knowledge several high ranking American Intelligence officials were captured and their actions greatly publicised, the ensuing embarrassment to the United States ensured the safety and relative free hand in defending itself against Aggression by Colombia and Mexico in 1958, in a brief conflict that lasted barely three months. Both nations still protest that they were justified in their actions ascribing it to an as of yet unnamed Centroamerican Intelligence Bureau

Description of Your Nation's Economy: The Economy of Centroamerica is both highly developed and diverse and is often referred to as the Centroamerican Jaguar, organised along Syndicalist lines local industries are ran by local Trade Unions with input from local Syndicates, which are groupings of similar trade Unions on a regional level and overseen by Federations which are national groupings of Syndicates. The economy is highly stable and efficient due to a highly motivated worker base which is in no small part attributed to the solidarity society of Centroamerica, one attribute worth noting is the complete lack of private ownership of motor vehicles instead Centroamerica boasts one of the most advanced and extensive public transport systems in the world.
Description of Your Nation's Government:The Government, as such as it could be called that is organised along Syndicalist lines, and is elected every four years, during the Congress of trade Unions, a process beginning at local level when local Trade Unions elect Delegates to represent them in the Regional Syndicates, whom in turn then elect Delegates to the National Federations who in turn will the debate ideology and policy and vote on who shall form the government, this is frequently done by members of an Ideological Platform, Delegates who follow a strain of Syndicalism and have lain out their policies for our they would run one of the Commissaries for the next four years and beyond. There have been various Ideological Platforms, such as the Dominant Anarcho-Syndicalists, the Social-Reformists, Syndicalist-Union, Techno-Syndicalists, National-Syndicalists and Eco-Syndicalists.
History of your Nation: The ideal of a united Central American state has been a long treasured ideal in the hearts and minds of much of the populace of the region, an ideal denied by petty bickering and politicking of an entrenched elite, it was not until the 1930’s when the changing world situation and upheavals brought about by the advent of Communism that this would begin to change. Initial Negotiations had been ongoing since the early 1920’s with little progress being made one way or another, this would in time change during the second world war when low level strikes began to break out in the Central American Nations in protest of various policies and political scandal, the status quo however would be forever destroyed when an altercation between strikers and local law enforcement escalated leaving thirty nine strikers dead and a great deal more injured. In less than three weeks vast sections of the Central American states were out of the various governments control, and it would not be long before these small “havens of order” would be swept away in a civil war unnoticed by a world too focused on the war to end all wars.

It was during late 1944 that the various parties sat down at Juticalpa and began discussing the future, initially it seemed that no agreement would be reached until the Trade Unions who had called for the initial strikes threatened to walk out of the talks and act unilaterally that an agreement was made, the Federal Republic of Central America (FRoCA) was born. The trade unions movement held a pre-eminent position in the interim government and set about organising the new state along Syndicalist lines by 1946 the preparations were completed for the first Congreso de Sindicatos, or Congress of Trade Unions, to be held, at first there was some confusion as to what this entailed and the whole process took four months before finally the Anarcho-Syndicalist Platform in coalition with the Social Reformists secured a majority and begun a series of programs to develop the nation. One of the first acts was an expansion of both the nations industry and a considerable investment in sending away the best and brightest in vast numbers to foreign centres of study so that upon their return the foundations for a native Centroamerican Institute of learning could be established.
These first four years were perhaps the hardest of all as great pains were made to meld several different nations into a glorious whole, and low level famine’s did little to ease matters, however by the time of the second congress the situation began to improve but not enough to salvage matters for the Social Reformist platform which was assigned much of the blame for the hardships. Their high level disputes over policy common knowledge throughout the nation they did however retain enough of a share to remain in coalition with the Anarcho-Syndicalists although in reduced numbers. This change in the balance of power allowed the Anarcho-Syndicalists to implement wide ranging reforms and bring about true syndicalism.

The economy was completely re-organised along Syndicalist lines with domestic policy harmonised in line with these efforts to foster a healthy sense of community and solidarity. It was at this time however that the external situation began to become a factor, as the first winter of the cold war began to set in, a winter not helped by strikes and agitations in Mexican and Colombian border regions. These efforts were endorsed by neither the Anarcho-Syndicalists nor the Social-Reformists nonetheless were a source of great friction between both one another and the three states. Industrialisation was however helped along somewhat by an outreach to the United States and Soviet Union by the Social Reformists, who at the time controlled the office of the Commissary of external affairs.
By the advent of the third Congreso de Sindicatos, the development of a solid economic base was underway and the first graduates were beginning to return home, the efforts of the workers were lauded and after a short debate the Anarcho-Syndicalist platform won an overwhelming majority and began implementing a series of plans designed to dramatically expand Centroamerica’s now modest industrial base and to formally establish a new Intellectual, Scientific and Educational community with the long term goal of achieving Parity with both the Americans and the Russians, a goal that was often derided as overly ambitious by the Social-Reformist platform that argued the resources could be better spent bettering the lot of the workers of the world.

The next Congress would mark an abrupt change in fortunes for the Social-Reformist platform as Mexico and Columbia, having been plagued with agitators and unrest in the bordering regions declared war on the Federal Republic placing the blame for the local agitators and strikes on Centroamerica, the invasions would eventually grind to a halt due to extensive guerrilla campaigns culminating in the disastrous battle of Patzun in which the Mexican Second Army was captured or killed in less than two days, which by sheer chain reaction caused a complete military rout on both fronts. With Mexico now severely depleted in available manpower for immediate use, and Columbia by a complete collapse in morale, they sought to expand the conflict by wooing Cuba and Jamaica into the conflict, however within days od formal declarations workers Militia stormed Havana and Kingston who declared their immediate intention to federate with Centroamerica.

Shortly thereafter an armistice was signed and borders redrawn and reparations agreed upon, this new expansion however was a source of instability for the next decade as the new citizens at first struggled to adapt to the communal spirit so vital to the Syndicalist state. By the time of the sixth Congress however many of these problems had been dealt with due to a lengthy series of intergrationalist policies and the now ferociously healthy economy of the original Federal Republic. This Congress saw the emergence of three new platforms, that of the National-Syndicalists, the Techno-Syndicalists and the more minor Eco-Syndicalists, the three movements came about as a result of the downfall of the Social-Reformists, minor splintering within the Anarcho-Syndicalists and the feeling that a new path in general was needed.

In the end though the Anarcho-Syndicalists retained their majority, which they would retain for the next five Congresses with coalitions being formed during three of them, it was during this period that the Military of Centroamerica was reorganised following a nationwide debate, and the transition from workers militia’s to a professional standing army began.

It was during the tenure of the eighth Congress that the Anarcho-Syndicalists secured now and forever their place in the nation’s history books, after a lengthy series of negotiations and protests, during this time securing an agreement to begin repatriating the Panama Canal back to Centroamerica.
Population of entire nation: 167,891,000

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

Good to have you back Waz and I'll be doing some tweaks here and there but planning on using my old one :)
Last edited by Novacom on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:06 am

NS Name:Waztaskio
Nation Name: The Commonwealth of Australasia
Head of State: Governor-General Bill Hayden
Head of Government: Prime Minister Paul Keating
Flag:

Claims: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee48 ... Amap-1.png
Capital City:Canberra

Government Form:Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Ideology: Social conservatism, Liberal conservatism
Foreign Policy: The foreign relations of Australia are influenced by its position as a leading trading nation and as a significant donor of humanitarian aid. Australia's foreign policy is guided by a commitment to multilateralism and regionalism, as well as to strong bilateral relations with its allies. Key concerns include free trade, terrorism, economic cooperation with Asia and stability in the Asia-Pacific. Australia is active in the Commonwealth of Nations.

Domestic Policy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia# ... erritories
Civil Freedoms /10:9
Political Freedoms /10:8
Economic Freedoms /10:9

Military Size:56,000 active, 48,000 reserves.
Military Description: Australasia has a well prepared Army, that is supplied by America, Britain, France, as well as many minor backers. It activily participates in international military drills, but maintains a small, yet effective military.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Australasia has a well prepared military, that is trained in Tropical, and Jungle Warfare. The only weakness, is it hasen't seen combat since 1945, and is rusty in terms of modern warfare. Also specializes in infiltration missions.
Law Enforcement: The Police are separated on a Local, State, and Federal level. WIth no Gendermarie force currently in place. The Federal Police are under the Attorney-General's Department, which oversees justice in the commonwealth.
Intelligence agencies(Domestic and Foreign): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au ... e_agencies

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Australasia is a wealthy country with a market economy, a relatively high GDP per capita, and a relatively low rate of poverty. With jobs in Mining, Agriculture, Finance, Services, and Tourism. It is a booming industry all around. With the GDP totaling 600 Billion, with a Purchasing power of 200 Billion.

Description of Your Nation's Government: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government ... ve_Council The only thing that I will change, is the Federal Executive Council is a advisory Council with the same name. It just helps the Governor-General Authorize stuff.
History of your Nation:After the defeat of the Axis in WW2, Australia and New Zealand enjoyed high-relations, at how their combined effort managed to defeat the Japanese Empire, and win WW2. Although, it was of no strategic purpose to them as they got no land gains, they learned together they would be way more effective, then alone. In 1948 the Consolidation of Resources act, was signed, to promote growth between the two countries, a share in resources to sell of, and a shuffle of politicians to learn more about the inner workings of each country.

In 1953, The two nations enjoyed such close relations, that immigration, tourism, economic growth, were at a all time high, and the politicians from both side, began settling and learning about one another, and the more they did, the more they liked. They then in 1954 signed the Military Modernization Plan, which was a merge of Military personal into one combined might. With New Zealand military officials and Australians working together, as they were both under the crown of England, they enjoyed even a stronger relation with each other, then they did with the crown, but still answered to it. In 1955, the new combined structure embarked to Malaysia in a mission to keep the peace in that area, for whatever happened, in which the The Federal Republic of Malaysia. With this, in 1960 the mission had ended, and they signed the Australasian Combination Act of 1960, in which the two formally merged.

Which due to the earlier acts, wasn't a big change at all. And this is where we are now.
Population of entire nation:17,900,000

429 - DO NOT REMOVE

My app! :)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse