NATION

PASSWORD

Risky Business[Sign-Ups/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Keznov
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

I'll just say Levinsky might need someone to do his dirty work, it will be a well paid job. :p
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 am

Again, not my best IPO but it should suffice to get everyone started.

Fat Tony's funeral will be in a week or so and every character will be invited from the criminals to the politicians to civilians who probably never even knew who he was. Your seating inside the church and at the funeral will be determined based on the De Santa's view of your importance in the criminal underworld as it stands.

Let's get started mates.
The Valyrian Imperium
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩۩۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Keznov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 am

First Valerian Empire wrote:

Again, not my best IPO but it should suffice to get everyone started.

Fat Tony's funeral will be in a week or so and every character will be invited from the criminals to the politicians to civilians who probably never even knew who he was. Your seating inside the church and at the funeral will be determined based on the De Santa's view of your importance in the criminal underworld as it stands.

Let's get started mates.

What row do you think Levinsky will get? :p
that I must bow so low?
a lion still has claws,
that lord of Castamere,
and not a soul to hear.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:06 am

I do know Lomonosov won't be too high. :P
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 am

Uh OP, I'd appreciate it if you could list all the people involved and their jobs, both legit and illegal - including businesses.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:23 am

Romberg wrote:Uh OP, I'd appreciate it if you could list all the people involved and their jobs, both legit and illegal - including businesses.

Yikes.. That's a task.
The Valyrian Imperium
''Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.''

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 am

Better start now then. :P

Or else, I can do it for you say tomorrow, since I'm the next post after you?
Proud Member of Astyria.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblivion2 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:36 am

That awkward moment when your nearly done an amazing post, you look at the person's post whom you're basing your own off, and then you realize that you had misread the key detail that would have made your post awesome, forcing you to find another angle entirely.
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Devoted student of Alternative History
Proud Canadian

“What man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place?”
- Unknown

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:37 am

Romberg wrote:Better start now then. :P

Or else, I can do it for you say tomorrow, since I'm the next post after you?

Done and Done.... Even added a list of locations and what side of town their own.

Oblivion2 wrote:That awkward moment when your nearly done an amazing post, you look at the person's post whom you're basing your own off, and then you realize that you had misread the key detail that would have made your post awesome, forcing you to find another angle entirely.

Sucks mate.. We've all been there.
The Valyrian Imperium

Romberg
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 am

Thanks 1ValEmp :)
Proud Member of Astyria.

Frostorn
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostorn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Full Name: Howard Frost
Occupation: Unemployed. Most of the time he is a messenger boy for gangs and sometimes transports drugs.
Personality: Intelligent, agile, quiet, acts innocent.
Brief Background: Howard is an orphan and he never knew where he was born. He was taken in by a kind old woman known as 'Mam' when he was five. He has no memory of his parents.He is a quiet kid. He is fast and intelligent and he knows every secret way in East Skyline. He still goes to school but everyday after school he would be transporting drugs or sending messages. Most mobsters in East Skyline know of Howard and they don't mess with him, because the old woman loves him very much and has connections in high places.
Appearance(Picture or Description): Asian, messy black hair, Harry-Potter glasses.
Criminal Record: None
Last edited by Frostorn on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Just a heads up: My internet service provider is being a pain in the rear so my posting will be limited until Thursday evening. I apologize in advance for the trouble tgis might cause. I have appointed a Deputy OP and he has full authority over the thread in my absense.
The Valyrian Imperium

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:11 am

Cy, I guess Robert would have seen Sandra while he walked into the lounge?
wat.

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:00 am

Can I still join?

Full Name: Vincent Casey (presently), AKA the Gray Man.
Occupation: Officially a bartender at the Mended Drum, officiously a hitman. Or rather the hitman.
Personality: Completely variable. He usually acts kind, quiet and self-effacing, but he can adopt any personality at a split-second's notice. While on an assassination proper, he is cold, aloof, unhesitant and supremely confident. He dislikes killing bystanders, as it gives off a sloppy image, and children, because it makes him feel bad. He loves fruit.
Brief Background: "Vincent" was born in Eastern Europe to a poor family in what was de facto a slum. He grew up in more or less constant violence, learning to fight from the moment he could walk; he was subjected to frequent - well, constant - familial abuse, and had to fight for his life numerous times in the streets.
When he was eleven, he accidentally killed his parents while defending himself from a particularly gruesome case of abuse, and was sent to an orphanage, which wasn't much better. A year later, the place mysteriously burned down, and he was the sole survivor; his wounds turned out to be light, and he was soon healed. He was then sent to another orphanage, from which he escaped to embark as a clandestine on a boat bound for the Philippines.
There, he was taken in and trained by an eskrima teacher, gaining some fame in the local fighting pits and developing great acrobatic skills during his training sessions in the jungle. He eventually went to search for more martial arts training in Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Thailand; at the age of 19, an accomplished martial artist, he came back to the Philippines and briefly enrolled in their military, becoming an elite soldier at the age of 21. At this point, his adoptive father, the eskrima teacher, died in a gang war: Vincent resigned from the military and went on a killing spree, massacring both the concerned gangs gruesomely.
Wanted by the police, he changed his identity thanks to underworld contacts and escaped on a boat bound for Mexico, where he got accepted into a university as a student in chemistry. He soon found, however, that he couldn't adapt to a peaceful life, and got involved with the drug cartels, soon rising to prominence among the local and even the national hitmen; when Interpol noticed and came by to check on things, he decided to disappear, murdered all his close contacts and emigrated to South Africa for a few years, then to the US, where he found his most profitable business in Skyline.
He currently works as a bartender at the notorious Mended Drum; to get into contact with him, people must first talk to his secretary and assistant, a little girl called Ann (more or less his adoptive daughter), who is usually seen walking around town, and if she so wishes she will introduce them to the Gray Man in his HQ (a small apartment downtown).
The De Santa family have been his primary clients for a while now, frequently using him to terrify and destroy their opponents, but he doesn't have any particular attachment to them.
Appearance: Something like this (imagine an extremely athletic body, like a dancer's); however, he typically wears uniformly gray clothes when on an assassination, and brightly colored, weirdly-patterned ones otherwise. When not on missions, he also typically wears a brightly-colored felt hat with a gray silk hatband, and small glasses. He is a master of disguise, and can make himself unrecognizable if he so wishes.
Criminal Record: Wanted by Interpol for 42 murders, possession and carry of illegal weapons and substances, third-degree manslaughter, fraud, identity theft, robbery, blackmail and various other offenses, but they've got essentially no information on him besides his existence, so the search is pretty much dead.
Last edited by Mnar Secundus on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Walabam wrote:Cy, I guess Robert would have seen Sandra while he walked into the lounge?

Let me work on it.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Tagging out of interest, I'll make an App later if this is still open.

I was tempted to make an assassin, but it seems that you've got plenty.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

First Valerian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby First Valerian Empire » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Mnar Secundus wrote:Can I still join?

Full Name: Vincent Casey (presently), AKA the Gray Man.
Occupation: Officially a bartender at the Mended Drum, officiously a hitman. Or rather the hitman.
Personality: Completely variable. He usually acts kind, quiet and self-effacing, but he can adopt any personality at a split-second's notice. While on an assassination proper, he is cold, aloof, unhesitant and supremely confident. He dislikes killing bystanders, as it gives off a sloppy image, and children, because it makes him feel bad. He loves fruit.
Brief Background: "Vincent" was born in Eastern Europe to a poor family in what was de facto a slum. He grew up in more or less constant violence, learning to fight from the moment he could walk; he was subjected to frequent - well, constant - familial abuse, and had to fight for his life numerous times in the streets.
When he was eleven, he accidentally killed his parents while defending himself from a particularly gruesome case of abuse, and was sent to an orphanage, which wasn't much better. A year later, the place mysteriously burned down, and he was the sole survivor; his wounds turned out to be light, and he was soon healed. He was then sent to another orphanage, from which he escaped to embark as a clandestine on a boat bound for the Philippines.
There, he was taken in and trained by an eskrima teacher, gaining some fame in the local fighting pits and developing great acrobatic skills during his training sessions in the jungle. He eventually went to search for more martial arts training in Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Thailand; at the age of 19, an accomplished martial artist, he came back to the Philippines and briefly enrolled in their military, becoming an elite soldier at the age of 21. At this point, his adoptive father, the eskrima teacher, died in a gang war: Vincent resigned from the military and went on a killing spree, massacring both the concerned gangs gruesomely.
Wanted by the police, he changed his identity thanks to underworld contacts and escaped on a boat bound for Mexico, where he got accepted into a university as a student in chemistry. He soon found, however, that he couldn't adapt to a peaceful life, and got involved with the drug cartels, soon rising to prominence among the local and even the national hitmen; when Interpol noticed and came by to check on things, he decided to disappear, murdered all his close contacts and emigrated to South Africa for a few years, then to the US, where he found his most profitable business in Skyline.
He currently works as a bartender at the notorious Mended Drum; to get into contact with him, people must first talk to his secretary and assistant, a little girl called Ann (more or less his adoptive daughter), who is usually seen walking around town, and if she so wishes she will introduce them to the Gray Man in his HQ (a small apartment downtown).
The De Santa family have been his primary clients for a while now, frequently using him to terrify and destroy their opponents, but he doesn't have any particular attachment to them.
Appearance: Something like this (imagine an extremely athletic body, like a dancer's); however, he typically wears uniformly gray clothes when on an assassination, and brightly colored, weirdly-patterned ones otherwise. When not on missions, he also typically wears a brightly-colored felt hat with a gray silk hatband, and small glasses. He is a master of disguise, and can make himself unrecognizable if he so wishes.
Criminal Record: Wanted by Interpol for 42 murders, possession and carry of illegal weapons and substances, third-degree manslaughter, fraud, identity theft, robbery, blackmail and various other offenses, but they've got essentially no information on him besides his existence, so the search is pretty much dead.

Accepted
The Valyrian Imperium

Mnar Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mnar Secundus » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks!

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!

San Monteriano
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby San Monteriano » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Full Name: Walter Bishop
Personality: An often cranky man in person, Judge Bishop has an ambitious, greedy mind, seeing the volatile circumstances of Skyline as an opportunity to rake in wealth. When it comes to business, he is a no-nonsense, ruthless individual lacking morals in his unscrupulous dealings. He, nevertheless, indulges in certain vices; prostitute, for instance, are his speciality.
Brief Background: Born in the suburbs of Los Angeles, Bishop grew around streets where corruption and crime were rife; they infected every crevasse of life, some way or another. After graduating from Harvard Law School, he returned to his home and joined a firm to fight against such subversive corruption. However, his idealism faded away with ages, and he learnt to not only accept it, but thrive in it.

He made the bench in 1991, serving in Los Angeles County before being assigned to Skyline Superior Court. He used his crooked nature to manipulate the criminal underworld there, threatening prosecution and worse if people refused to cooperate with his demands. The death of Anthony "Fat Tony" De Santa had upset the balance of power in Skyline, and Bishop needed to reassert his authority. And he wasn't a man to piss off.

Appearance: Here
Criminal Record: No official record.

OOC: If accepted, I'd also like to create another character which is the complete opposite of this one. Just thought it would be fun for some sort of judge to get in on it all.
Last edited by San Monteriano on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monarch: Caterina I, HRDM
Prime Minister: Cristina S'Forza (PD)
Capital: San Monteriano (city)
National Language: Italian; English
Demonym: San Monteriani/Monterianese
RP Population: 62.5 million
Anthem
Cosmopoles wrote:
Tunasai wrote:Why would he make this up though?

Can I interest you in these magic beans I'm selling?

Ceannairceach wrote:If I were optimistic, I'd never be pleasantly surprised.

Wisconsin9 wrote:Every vegetarian and vegan in the world is sitting back and laughing cruelly at you right now. Or at least one is. Eh, close enough.

Tagmatium wrote:Yes - anything else is wishful thinking or wilful ignorance.

Without the EU, the UK is nothing but a backwater with delusions of grandeur and a history of empire.

"RENLY IS NOT RIGHT!" - Galbart Glover

Frostorn
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostorn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Am I accepted?
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Walabam wrote:Cy, I guess Robert would have seen Sandra while he walked into the lounge?

Let me work on it.

Okie dokie!
wat.

Keznov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:13 am

Walabam wrote:
Cylarn wrote:
Let me work on it.

Okie dokie!

Levinsky is also coming so he might see her :p
that I must bow so low?
a lion still has claws,
that lord of Castamere,
and not a soul to hear.

Oblivion2
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oblivion2 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Don't mind me for awhile. Just seeing how things are going before I make my post
Warhammer 40k Enthusiast
Devoted student of Alternative History
Proud Canadian

“What man is a man who does not try to make the world a better place?”
- Unknown

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Full Name: Борис Стоянов (Boris Stoyanov)
Personality: Arrogant, Rude, Seld-Centered, Tough
Brief Background: Boris was born in the Bulgarian City of Varna, 28 years ago. Fleeing an oppressive Communist Government, Boris's family fled to America, never to return. There, unable to find employment, they turned to petty theft and robberies. His Father joined a Gang, but died two years later after the Police busted them and he died in the shoot-out. His Mother died from Cancer. 2 years after that. Orphaned, and barely 19 years old, Boris joined the De Santa Gang. It was there that his life got set on the track it is on now. He has remained with them for as long as he could shoot. One day, while performing yet another Assassination, a mission that was really a set up, the police caught him and both of his Hands were shot. Trapped in Prison and unable to break out without help, Boris is simply waiting for one of Numerous Gang Lords to get him out.
Appearance: (Picture or Description):
He's the guy with the gun.
Criminal Record: Numerous Armed Robberies, Blackmail, Speeding Tickets, Assaults, and Several Murders. In other words, he's in prison for life unless a gang lord decides to bust him out.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Edited my post.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse