NATION

PASSWORD

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA! A Code Geass Character RP (OPEN/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Oranmiyan Palace - Salon
Lagos, Britannian West Africa
The Holy Britannian Empire

"I dislike taking tea properly," Alyse pouted, "It's so dull. Besides, the table is much too small to accommodate all the guests I've invited. Perhaps it would be best to adjourn in the garden. I'll have a pavilion set up to keep the heat at bay." The princess gave a delicate, little yawn, and quickly transmitted the order to the soldiers who she had invited to the small get-together. Then, as though it were the most natural thing in the world, she slipped her arm under Lucius's own and gave him a slight nudge. When they had strolled far enough, she performed a similar maneuver on Lady Highland. They sauntered through the halls of the palace, Alyse tugging at them whenever they fell behind.

Frescoes depicting the history of Africa littered the walls by and the floors over which they passed. In one, a group of tribal shepherds were shown trekking through the barren wilderness of the Sahel. Some clutched spears to their chest, while others carried baskets or pots filled with water, fruits, and grains. Another scene depicted a boy beating off a ravenous lion to protect a ewe, while another showed a girl pounding at a hide drum, lovely in her ceremonial garbs. A second fresco honored the great pre-Islamic conquerors of Africa. Hannibal peered out aghast at the route of his forces at Zama. Masinissa wore an expression of triumphant elation, and his standard bearer held a trumpet between his lips, announcing the victory to all the sons of Africa. In a third, Eweka I was painted with crimson, his legions driving disheveled enemy hordes towards a deep, strong-running stream.

A fourth fresco, less violent than is counterparts, portrayed Mansa Musa on his pilgrimage to Mecca. The great king wore rags, a stylish embellishment from historical fact, and had his hands outstretched, offering bars of gold to the destitute of Cairo. His servants were busy; clothing the naked, washing the feet of the rough-necked poor, feeding the hungry, and giving succor to the weary and thirsty. Alyse smiled a secret smile as they passed this mural. It represented her hope for Africa, especially those regions still controlled by the European Union. She didn't care for the people for their own sake, but the notion of improving the infrastructure and the various lifestyle indexes that engendered nothing but despair in the minds of human rights activists seemed challenging and fascinating. The princess relished a good losing battle.

When they finally arrived at the palatial gardens, an assembly of officers and soldiers of various ethnic heritages stood at attention. Nayram ibn Ali Taider graced the princess and her two guests with a smartly executed salute, as did Baron Jorge Garcia Anibal de Medeiros y de Lisboa and General Amadi Okafar. Nayram was a petite man, with dark, brooding eyes and pretty lips. To the casual observer, he seemed almost effeminate, but their was as much strength in his movements as grace. Giving him a second glance, one would notice that his face and hands were more calloused than a tentative gaze would have suggested. He was a hard man, used to a harsh lifestyle. The gleam in his eyes as they took in his princess left no doubt as to his loyalties.

Lisboa and Okafar were different sorts of men. Lisboa was fat, beady-eyed, and balding, the consummate portrait of the decadent aristocrat who had won his title through bloodline and brown-nosing. Okafar was large and muscular, his appearance not having been softened by the constant hunt for insurrectionists amid the local population. He seemed on edge, and his mouth had a cruel curve to it, but his brown eyes were gentle, affectionate even, as he peered down at the young girl who had brought some semblance of peace to the land he called home. Then, there was Lord Baltaser Alexandre Rafael de Abreu y de Ferreira. He wore a splendid officer's uniform, a scarlet rose clutched between his fingers. "A gift for Your Highness," he crooned softly.

Nayram irately raised in eyebrow. This was a breach of formalities, to say the least. Alyse traded a glance with her trusted confidante, who immediately relaxed, and graciously accepted the offered flower. "I thank you all for coming," Alyse exclaimed cheerfully, "I also extend my gratitude for the service that you have rendered over the course of this last week. I know that together we can prevail over any challenge! Gbogbo awon yinyin Afriika!" A spirited shout traveled throughout the ranks, carrying most passionately among the Nigerian Guard, who recognized the Yoruba language instantaneously. Then, when the silence returned, Alyse introduced her companions. "I give you the guests of honor," she said sweetly, "I present to you Lord Lucius Kingsley and Lady Alice Henrietta Highland!" A flurry of salutes followed, though this time the knights were the most earnest group.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Satine just happened to be in the same base with the Japanese as they questioned their Russian prisoner. He had compassion on the man but still chose to say nothing. After all, they might do the same to him, despite the fact that he had given them a knightmare frame.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 pm

Gunshots rang throughout the Gardens, and voices yelled in the Yoruba language. Nigerian Terrorists came out, and they shot citizens, fighting their way to Alyse and Baltaser. Behind them was James, of all people. His wrist was sewn in a mismatched manner, and he walked as if asleep. He had several bruises, cuts, and Gunshot wounds on his arms and legs, and he was slowly bleeding. His eyes were dejected, and his hair messed up. He slumped in a depressed manner, and stumbled over to Nayram. In a broken, raspy voice, he ordered Nayram: "Get me to the Airport. This is a matter of life or death for thousands of Brittanian troops." He winced from his pain, but slowly steadied himself to look Nayram in the eyes.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse