NATION

PASSWORD

The Third Age: A Lord of the Rings RP (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:27 pm

The Stonefoot Clan, The Red Mountains
Thorin proceded and walked into the fortress, straight to the throneroom, "Lord Harlan, I'm Thorin III Stonehelm, son of Dáin II Ironfoot, King of Erebor, King of Durin's folk and Lord of The Iron Hills, I came to you with news from my father." he said while he grabbed a letter out of his bag, "My dear friend, Darkness has spread in the west, this new evil cannot bring much good. We, as Dwarves, have to ensure we can live through the time that is upon us. We need to make sure our race stands strong in these times. I ask you to obay the call of the Dwarves, to unite our forces, to go to war. Not long from now we will march on Ered Mithrin and Gundabad, in this holy war we can use every man you can spare. United we can make sure that our race not only survives, but grows." he told as he read the message.

Khazad-Dûm
Dwalin, wandering around for days now, stumbled across a room with a clear Tomb in the middle... Fear struck his hearth, and as he walked towards the Tomb his fear became a reality "Balin Fundinul Uzbadkhazaddumu". Dwalins hearth broke, as he picked up the book from a skeleton next to the Tomb, wich later appeared to be Ori. The book of Mazarbul was the only record of Khazad-Dûm written by Ori and Balin themselves. Dwalin read the book from the first till the last page in one time. He had sat there for hours when he finally closed the book. His anger had grown inside, it had taken a piece from his hearth... Dwalin took the book, and started to walk towards the East gate. He would never be the same again from that day.

Recruiting:
400 Infantry

Finished the upgrades on Erebor
Last edited by Limborg on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Saruman nodded in agreement at the plan Gandalf had presented. Unbeknownst to Gandalf or the rest of the White Council a creature of great evil from the first age lay in wait in Moria along with the innumerable goblins there. Any forces sent there would be decimated and only serve to weaken the forces of good. Saruman smiled and thought "And if they wake the Balrog so much the better."

Results: Continued expansion of the Isengard tunnels. Recruitment of 250 Urak-Hai 250 Orcs 1,000 goblins and 100 Wargriders.
Last edited by Bearon on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:08 am

Rivendell

Runin asked Cirdan, "Would you mind sending some of your Noldor builders and masons with the ships. We are building some fortifications and other things, and they would be very useful." Runin then briefly excused himself to send the messenger dove back to Lady Galadriel telling of the news and the coming reinforcements.
Walking back, he sat back down and said, "Sorry for that. Please, continue."

Caras Galadhon

The fortifications of Caras Galadhon had finally been completed. It consisted of a wall of green earth and a moat called the Deep Fosse. There was also a long stone road leading to different parts of the forest, though it was not used often. The provisions had all been gathered and Caras Galadhon would be able to last a very long siege, if it came to that. Cerin Amroth was also being fortified. The construction of a ballistae to be built behind the hill would start soon, out of sight by any enemy scouts. A wooden palisade would soon be raised up to surround the top of the hill. A barracks was also being built at the foot of Cerin Amroth. The garrisons for some of the newly recruited elves were also here as well as Caras Galadhon as a barracks already existed there.

Building site of Eastern Fortress

The Eastern fortress would be called Garth Amrûn. The walls were still being raised, but the barracks were complete, though they unoccupied for the time being. Rams and ladders would also be built in the future. In the towers, arrow slits would also be made to allow the elves to fire on the orcs in safety. Realizing how impractical dragging the stone all the way from the Misty Mountains, small wagons were built to transport the building materials. With that addition, construction was estimated to be finished at least a month earlier. A battering ram, ballistae and ladders would also be built, though construction had not yet started. The builders were being careful to build much of the fortress out of sight in fear of orc spies, though the hidden Wardens still kept watch in the trees.

Building site of Western Fortress

The name of the western fortress was decided, it would be called Garth Annûn. The barracks for this fortress had also been completed, and the garrison size would be increased to 500 Galadhrim soldiers with the plans to attack Moria. The walls were a third of the way raised, being completed faster that Garth Amrûn due to the closer proximity to stone. A ram, and ladders would also be built, though construction had not yet started.

Training Field at Caras Galadhon

Galadriel and Celeborn had started to consider an attack on Moria to slay the Nameless Terror that dwelt there. Having searched their memories and their lore- books, they realized that their worst fears were true, a Balrog from the days of Melkor was in Moria. The mystery of Durin's Bane was solved. The elves prepared to march on Moria though they waited for the support that the white Council would give. Galadriel and Celeborn had passed through Moria in the Second Age and tried to recall their memories about the place. Once they had they again called together the captains and prepared more tactics for an assault. The elves had started to train themselves to fight in small places and also practiced their cohesiveness and coordination with one another. They also practiced their flanking maneuvers. Galadriel and Celeborn had also considered the possibility of an attack from Dol Guldur. To prepare for that, a very bright light would be built on top of one of Garth Amrûn's watchtowers to blind any orcs crossing the river and warn the elves of any oncoming attack. At Caras Galadhon, a ballistae and 1 warship would be built soon, though like the other siege weapons, construction had not yet started. Due to the barracks, recruitment had shot up even more. 23 more Wardens and 8 Galadhrim builders had been sent to settle Parth Celebrant in order to connect Fangorn Forest and Lórien. The remaining 23 Wardens would join their companions high in the trees to guard Garth Amrûn and other parts of the forest.

North Fangorn Forest

Having realized that 4 outposts would not be enough for 25 elves, the Galadhrim and the Wardens had built 5 more outposts in the trees.The Outposts had ladders that could be drawn up and all of the outposts were connected to each other in the trees. They had been careful not to attract attention and still remained unnoticed to the best of their knowledge.

Parth Celebrant

The 30 elves, walking out of Caras Galadhon had reached Parth Celebrant in a few hours. Feeling awkard in the plains they began to plant all sorts of trees, including mallorn, birch, oak and fruit trees. Since they had taken enough seeds, the new Celebrant forest stretched from the northern part of Fangorn Forest to Lothlórien. The forest grew very quickly, due to the magical mallorn trees Lady Galadriel had brought out of Valinor. They would then build small outposts to protect themselves, similar to those in Fangorn Forest, and then talans for the rest of the settling Galadhrim. They had claimed Parth Celebrant for the Lórien elves.

Recruitment:

105 Noldorin Swordsmen
75 Galadhrim Heavy Archers
75 Galadhrim Spearmen
46 Wardens
25 Galadhrim Swordsmen
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:48 am

Saruman waved his hand indicating the Galadrian's presence or lack thereof was not an issue. "It has been decided by the Council that singular use of this ring is too dangerous which is why I believe it should be brought here to Rivendell or my own dwellings in Isengard for if this is The One we must get it to safety as soon as we can for the ring bearers sake as well as the rest of Middle Earth. Who knows what the ring is doing to the poor creatures mind even if it is not the One. Gandalf now that you are here in the safety of Imaldris where no eyes or ears of the enemy lie in wait will you not tell your peers where this ring is and retrieve it for us?"
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:59 am

Bearon wrote:Saruman waved his hand indicating the Galadrian's presence or lack thereof was not an issue. "It has been decided by the Council that singular use of this ring is too dangerous which is why I believe it should be brought here to Rivendell or my own dwellings in Isengard for if this is The One we must get it to safety as soon as we can for the ring bearers sake as well as the rest of Middle Earth. Who knows what the ring is doing to the poor creatures mind even if it to s not the One. Gandalf now that you are here in the safety of Imaldris where no eyes or ears of the enemy lie in wait will you not tell your peers where this ring is and retrieve it for us?"

I agree, this Ring is too potentially dangerous to remain with this being alone. Let Gandalf take a few others and go bring the ringbearer here to Rivendell. But this Ring may not be able to stay here for long. It is up to Gandalf if he wants to tell us where the Ring is or not. It does not concern me much as long as it is brought to safety soon.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:10 am

Saruman looked sharply at the elf and said "It concerns us all and if Gandalf hesitates in bringing it to safety then I am worried it has already begun to work on his mind and affect his judgment. Regardless of if it is The One or not a lesser ring is still dangerous to those who are not wary or do not themselves know ring lore."

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:15 am

Bearon wrote:Saruman looked sharply at the elf and said "It concerns us all and if Gandalf hesitates in bringing it to safety then I am worried it has already begun to work on his mind and affect his judgment. Regardless of if it is The One or not a lesser ring is still dangerous to those who are not wary or do not themselves know ring lore."

I apologize, Saruman, I meant that it does not matter to me if Gandalf tells us where it is as long as it is brought to safety as you said.
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:21 am

Saruman nodded and said "I misunderstood your intent. I agree though I don't know why he wouldn't. It is of little consequence however. I wish to know more of this proposed assault on Moria. With the goblins infesting the Misty Mountains how will you get through without thorough losses let alone take back Moria?" Saruman questioned honestly curious.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:28 am

Bearon wrote:Saruman nodded and said "I misunderstood your intent. I agree though I don't know why he wouldn't. It is of little consequence however. I wish to know more of this proposed assault on Moria. With the goblins infesting the Misty Mountains how will you get through without thorough losses let alone take back Moria?" Saruman questioned honestly curious.

I have sent messages back home and the elves of Lorien will attack from the east gate when we are ready and after Cirdan's forces have arrived. From there, the forces of the Council will attack from the west gate. We will try to move through unnoticed and then meet up with the rest of the elves. We may be able to surround at least some of the enemy. From there the elf-lords, Istari and the rest of their forces will attack anything else and purge Moria. Hopefully the dwarves will also join us in this assault. But there are still some holes in this plan and I would appreciate more advice on the battle, or on what awaits us in Moria.
Last edited by The Starlight on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:39 am

Saruman looked at the elf gravely and said "Unfortunately I will not be able to take part in the assault on Moria. I am looking to the East. The men of Gondor are failing they have just taken a devastating loss at Osgiliath and there are too few of them left to deal with the infinite hordes of Mordor. I must speak with Rohan in hopes they can spare aid to Gondor and hold back the forces of Mordor whilst you and the rest of the council gain the friendship of the dwarves."

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 am

"Perhaps we could hold off the assault until then, after Saruman talks to Rohan, Gandalf goes to retrieve the Ringbearer, Elrond talks to the dwarves and Cirdan sails down to Lorien. Then we can be at our full strength before attacking. Only at our full strength will we be able to succeed as the Istari are a major part of our assault, for the elves alone will not be able to prevail in Moria." responded Runin.
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:12 am

The Starlight wrote:"Perhaps we could hold off the assault until then, after Saruman talks to Rohan, Gandalf goes to retrieve the Ringbearer, Elrond talks to the dwarves and Cirdan sails down to Lorien. Then we can be at our full strength before attacking. Only at our full strength will we be able to succeed as the Istari are a major part of our assault, for the elves alone will not be able to prevail in Moria." responded Runin.

Saruman waved his hand dismissively "I'll leave the timing and planning to those with more knowledge on warfare then I." Turning to Gandalf he said "Mithrandir will you retrieve the ring and bring it to Rivendell? The fate of Middle Earth is in your hands."
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:52 am

Rhunagaroth, Rhun
As the sun descended upon the Horizon, as farmers returned from the Market and as the Aristocracy began their meals grand and festive banquets, Khamul sat idly in his study writing information down from the book he had retrieved from the Great Library earlier. He had a great plan, one which no one would see coming - frankly, he was surprised such a construction didn't exist there sooner. As he finished a sentence upon the cement that should be used for such a creation, he felt something sharp in the back of his mind.
Like a great bird's reflexes, Khamul's head sharply turned in the direction of Mordor.
Sauron, he called him.
Wasting no time, Khamul gave a mighty screech, typical of the Nazgul and did quite an unexpected thing. Before any of his guards could stop him, Khamul had smashed through the highest window of his Keep and leapt down. Several guards rushed over, expecting to find their lord dead - but to their thankfullness, they were met with the sight of a fellbeast, with Khamul atop, flying off into the distance in the dark night sky, heading for Mordor.

Down below on the ground, a great host marched with torches at hand. 20,000 Easterlings and 2,000 Archers made their way to Dagorland for a mission most important.

Guess what? It's still the same!

Rural Village, Dorwinion
"Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!" the corrupt lord yelled as his hands clutched the curse of bold protectively, in the eyes (Hehe) of the Mouth, it appeared to be like a father holding his son. Regardless, the lord did his bit and with a quick flurry of many-a-keys he opened the large wall cabinet, pulling forth the three Blades Black. The Mouth placed the three in their hilts, as given to him by the Elder Gong. He slung one of the ebony black hilts over his back, whilst keeping the other two at his waist.
"Your dealing here will not be forgotten, Lord of the Village" with a quick, evil and malicious smile the Mouth turned, his cape swiftly turning due to their air created and he departed. Unhitching his horse for the post is what he did next, for he was tired of this place and wished to return to the Gongs. No sooner had he mounted the creature, it had turned to darkness and now night was upon him. This did not bother him in the slightest, for the vision given to him by his master was eternal and everlasting. He reared his horse, digging his metallic boots into its side before it began to gallop rapidly off back towards the Mountains of Rhun.

The Halls of the Stonefoots, The Red Mountains
Harlan Stonefoot twirled his heavy hand around his crimson beard, his mind at thought as he listened to the proposal of the Longbeard. He shifted the hand onto the great amethyst throne and pushed himself upwards and onto his feet.

"Your proposition is most noble, Thorin III. I too long for the day our great cities of Khazad-Dum and Gundabad are returned to the control of the Dwarves, however" his eyes narrowed and he turned to the slightly shorter Dwarf, his chest held high. "I will not obey outright. The Stonefoots are a proud people, we do not follow anyone but the Father Aule. I will send you, for the good of the Dwarven Realm, 3,000 Stonefoot Dwarves equipped with the mightiest armour seen by Dwarves."

Harlan seated himself once more, his heavy cape folding over his throne of purple and his hands intertwining. "Take it as a blessing, Thorin. I ask nothing of you for now, but one day the Stonefoots shall come knocking for a favour in return."
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 am

The Barad-Dur, Plains of Gorgoroth

The High Interrogator applied the poker again, the searing of flesh of the wretched creature, and at long last it sang out.

"Shire! Baggins!"

Beside the twisted Morgul Orc the hooded figure nodded, and walked away at speed, the black cloak swirling about it. This creature stank of the power of a Ring, that which the Ringwraiths knew to be the One. It marked him as if a brand had been pressed into his furrowed brow, and the Dark Lord was hungry for news of his precious. When the first echoes of its touch had been felt there had been much commotion in the Tower, and finally the wretched Gollum had given forth its location. Now his most terrible of servants would gather; the Great Eye knew not of this Shire or this Baggins, but they would be found, and the One torn from their clutches, dead or alive. From the far corners of the Empire of Mordor they came, the Nine, and anew they would be sent forth, hooded and cloaked in disguise as riders in black.

East Anorien

Harmarz, the Uruk quartermaster, shrugged as he looked at the form of the Fellbeast flying off towards the east. Word was about the camp that the Ringwraith had been in council with his captains for the march south when he had simply stopped speaking, and then called for his mount. But it was of no great matter; what the Dark Lord wished, the Dark Lord got, and the commanders of thousands that here were assembled were more than capable of fighting in the stead of the Dead. Varamal, a respected general of the Eastlands, had been left in command of the host. South he marched, and the host went with him. The quartermaster turned, sighing. Thankfully the supply chain of the Barad-Dur was well developed; upon discipline were the armies of Mordor built, order, drills, regimentation. Though each soldier was less in strength of arms than a man of Gondor or an Elf, in their numbers wielded well each could match a foe when fighting in proper formation. Wars were won not by the great warriors, but by powerful generals and roads. Oh, a man who could slay three Orcs with ease was useful, and aided the battle, but wars were about many battles and thousands of soldiers, not one skirmish. With the vale of Anorien beneath the boot of the Orc and Mordor, burned and despoiled, less food would go south to Gondor. And with the spectre of starvation about the urban centers of the south, ah, then the hammer blow would fall hardest. Osgiliath was barely visible in the distance, and thence the host of Mordor marched, outriders about them.

West Emyn Muil

The bridge had been completed, and now crossed the hosts of Mordor in their legions. Here they held another passage across the Great River, and finally they could cast down the western one of the Argonath. The first order of business was to raise a fortress anew upon the western banks of this burbling water. This would be a vital supply line for the campaigns of the Great Eye in the west, and needed to be secured against all foes. Here amidst the craggy hills was some stone mined by the scads of laborers and artisans that moved with the army of the Black Land, and in good time they began using the bands of soldiers to drag the immense blocks on roller towards where the citadel would rise.

Tower of Eyes, South Vale of Mirkwood

West ever did the fortress rising here look; the Elves were hard at work too, but there numbers and hands were far less than those that worked opposite them. Ruined, they called the Orcs, weak and frail. But such sneering would get them nowhere when their woods burned and their blond heads rolled in the dirt. In their thousands the Orcs labored, some on guard against the foe, but more working to finish the crude clapboard road back east towards the eaves of the Mirkwood and Amon Lanc, barely visible in the distance. Along the slowly built track came carts drawn by beasts of burden bearing the corpses of forest giants, for the work that still had to be done to raise the Tower of the Eyes higher still. A brazier it would have, to alert Amon Lanc to any attempts by the Elves to cross the Great River, and a strong garrison to slow even that passing. More could be done though, and would be. Behind the pallisade of the Tower the construction of the light nearly silent craft continued, and behind the fortress itself a new structure was rising. Immense, carried on rollers, the size of a large bridge. It's purpose was unknown, but still the Orcs labored.

Eastern Rhunlad

Coming north from the edges of the Desolation, the forces of Mordor were, though they would never admit it, happy to get out of the gasping volcanic dust and ash plains. Here the land was more friendly to life, even Orcish life, full of little rivulets and stands of trees and deep soil. The Dark Lord was not a foolhardy master; here would come many of the Orcs not fit for war, those that grew the food for his armies and those old or injured to pass on their skills, to work as artisans. Behind the formal armies of Mordor tramped a large number of wagons in a train, full of settlers eager to begin a new life, drawn from the population about the shores of Nirnen. Using their muscles and the axes they carried, many trees were felled upon the plain, and a new outpost was to be erected to watch over the settlements that would spring up in this fertile wide land.

2050 Morannon Orcs at Angfalch
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Far below Katla the setting sun glittered off the massive Blue Mountains. Farther still a sleepy Dwarven hold was toiling beneath the earth. The greedy little Dwarves had taken all the treasure that one of her kind had gathered and had likely murdered him. Katla would get her revenge with fire and blood. Katla swooped down at great speed and when she was withing range of the gates of the hold let loose a massive torrent of flames upon it. It would do little to the gate itself but if any Dwarves were on battlements exposed to the outside world they would be burned. Katla flew back to the gates and gave a mighty roar that signaled to her brood that the time to strike was now.

Katla let loose more flames directed at the gates and the surrounding landscape. As her Trolls neared she clawed and headbutted the gates. It would not be long before they broke before her might.

~Imradis, Tharbad~

Taking Tharbad back from Nature had been an uphill battle. There was hardly anyone left after all these years and Imradis could hardly find anyone out in the wilderness beyond Tharbad proper. However that did not deter Imradis. He would continue trying to rebuild Tharbad back how it was in it's glory days. But first the bridge would need to be fixed and a new town built so Imradis set his people on completing that task. Along with that Imradis set his men to building a barracks in the town. They would need a proper place to be garrisoned in.

But what Imradis really needed was manpower and people to populate his towns. So his guards were sent to Enedwaith to pacify the region and put it under his control. Imradis also encouraged people to come from the north in the Barrow-Downs, Bree, Dunland and the areas near the Shire.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Elerian wrote:~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Far below Katla the setting sun glittered off the massive Blue Mountains. Farther still a sleepy Dwarven hold was toiling beneath the earth. The greedy little Dwarves had taken all the treasure that one of her kind had gathered and had likely murdered him. Katla would get her revenge with fire and blood. Katla swooped down at great speed and when she was withing range of the gates of the hold let loose a massive torrent of flames upon it. It would do little to the gate itself but if any Dwarves were on battlements exposed to the outside world they would be burned. Katla flew back to the gates and gave a mighty roar that signaled to her brood that the time to strike was now.

Katla let loose more flames directed at the gates and the surrounding landscape. As her Trolls neared she clawed and headbutted the gates. It would not be long before they broke before her might.

~Imradis, Tharbad~

Taking Tharbad back from Nature had been an uphill battle. There was hardly anyone left after all these years and Imradis could hardly find anyone out in the wilderness beyond Tharbad proper. However that did not deter Imradis. He would continue trying to rebuild Tharbad back how it was in it's glory days. But first the bridge would need to be fixed and a new town built so Imradis set his people on completing that task. Along with that Imradis set his men to building a barracks in the town. They would need a proper place to be garrisoned in.

But what Imradis really needed was manpower and people to populate his towns. So his guards were sent to Enedwaith to pacify the region and put it under his control. Imradis also encouraged people to come from the north in the Barrow-Downs, Bree, Dunland and the areas near the Shire.

As Hundin spoke with his dwarvern brethren and prepared to assault the goblin positions in the mountains a might bell began to toll throughout the mountain city warning of an approaching enemy followed shortly by a mighty roar. As Hundin shook off his surprise he yelled thunderously "Dwarves! Positions!" Immediately mighty dwarves dressed in plate mail and with long pikes began to gather behind the now shaking and partially open door. Through the cracks that were now evident throughout the large gate the great eye of a dragon stood out as it peered in intent on destroying the dwarves within. As the pikemen settled in front of the door dwarvern axe throwers gathered behind those at the forefront of the army in preparation for the entrance of the dragon. Hundin himself allowed himself to be dressed in mithril chain mail before grabbing his double edged axe and swinging it in preparation.

Results: Recruited 800 Dwarves. Skipped recruitment last page.
Last edited by Bearon on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Najarba, Mountains of Rhun

Mahor kicked out the campfire, stamping it out with his weather-cracked black leather boots. The soot added just another layer of dirt on the Numenorean's attire, and he ran a strong swordsman's hand through the ashen black hair that he and his companions wore in such a close-cropped manner. Nodding to the grim man about him, the great warrior turned to his horse, Mandarb, and mounted with a swift movement, almost as if water coursed down a fall of rocks, inexorable and smooth. Born in the saddle was he, and those hard soldiers that he had gathered about himself were the same. A silent company took up implement and rode west, the jagged peaks of the western borders of Rhun on their right, the sun behind them. A soothsayer had the hardy scion of the line of Maj visited that night; she spoke of power locked away in the depths of an ancient elven fortress, beasts of fell strength and eldritch capabilities, now beneath the very feet of one of the servants of Sauron. Mahor had never journeyed past the borders of the Westlund, fighting only his lord's enemies, but here lurked those who stood against the true ruler of the world, Sauron. He smiled, teeth predatory and sharp. Glory would be won here indeed.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:57 pm

~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Katla blew more fire through the opening in the gate that she had created. As she beat down the gate her minions stood nearby. The Trolls were garbed in makeshift armor salvaged along the way and armed with large clubs. At last the gate heaved and with a mighty crash fell before Katla. With a roar she blew fire down the entrance hallway at the dwarves. What wooden projectiles they threw at her were incinerated, and many who stayed in the way of her flames shared the fate of their projectiles. Moments later she advanced into the entrance hall and barreled past any dwarves who remained. As she passed her tail flailed violently lest any Dwarves follow her, for she would find and take the treasure that was due to her. After she had gone by her minions came in to mop up any remaining Dwarves. They would get no respite from her or any of her minions. Whilst her trolls engaged the remaining Dwarves, her goblins would protect the Troll's flanks and stop any from getting close.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:52 pm

The Olog-Hai were coming along nicely. Gonurl watched, smiling (well, as close to smiling as a spider can get), as one of them ripped a tree entirely out of the ground. His army would be required to build up more before he could attack, but it was coming along well. They would serve quite well again the elves. Gonurl sent off messengers to Rhun, asking for an alliance. As Rhun was not Mordor, and was not ruled by Lord Morgoth's lieutenant, the alliance was to be a simple military one.
18 Olog-Hai
16 Spiderlings
piss

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Elerian wrote:~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Katla blew more fire through the opening in the gate that she had created. As she beat down the gate her minions stood nearby. The Trolls were garbed in makeshift armor salvaged along the way and armed with large clubs. At last the gate heaved and with a mighty crash fell before Katla. With a roar she blew fire down the entrance hallway at the dwarves. What wooden projectiles they threw at her were incinerated, and many who stayed in the way of her flames shared the fate of their projectiles. Moments later she advanced into the entrance hall and barreled past any dwarves who remained. As she passed her tail flailed violently lest any Dwarves follow her, for she would find and take the treasure that was due to her. After she had gone by her minions came in to mop up any remaining Dwarves. They would get no respite from her or any of her minions. Whilst her trolls engaged the remaining Dwarves, her goblins would protect the Troll's flanks and stop any from getting close.

The front line of dwarves were thrown back as the dragon blasted through the gate and swept its mighty limbs across the line of dwarves. Many were thrown about and when the dragon breathed flame it was as if the heat of their own forges had been turned against them. Luckily the dwarves were the hardiest of all races and their armor was wrought by some of the most skilled craftsmen in Middle Earth no other race equaling the dwarves skill in crafting iron. Because of this very few of the dwarves had been fatally wounded and began to gather up again dozens of pike men surrounding the dragon and holding the line against the goblins and trolls. The dwarvern axe throwers and archer wreaked havoc behind enemy lines by firing at the troll and though the shots weren't fatal it caused the great beasts pain and drove them into a frenzy that harmed the goblin hordes around them. Hundin himself jumped into the fray with his royal guard surrounding him and they wreaked untold death and destruction in any goblin that crossed their path. The pike men thrust their spears at the great fire drakes soft belly and the archers continued to disorient and cause havoc amongst the enemy as Hundin and his guard broke the goblin ranks.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:47 pm

~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Katla kept moving towards the treasure that was as good as hers. Before she left the entrance hall however she drenched some of the Dwarves in more dragonfire before leaving, but making sure none of the fire would hurt her minions. Once she was gone the Trolls set about mopping up what was left of the Dwarven defenses. The battle was nearly won.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Despite the dwarves best efforts and brave attempts to reorganize the trolls had been unleashed and continually broke the dwarvern ranks and hurling them so the side killing some and injuring others so that the goblins were able to quickly dispatch them. Hundin seeing this was a losing battle quickly shouted to the dwarves "Flee my brothers! You must flee! Follow me!" As he began slashing and hacking through the goblins in their way carving a path to the exit. Once the opening was created as the goblins were kept at bay by the fierce axes of Hundin and the royal guard the remaining dwarves escaped out of the tunnel leaving the dwarvern hall behind as they fled into the mines to gather their brethren.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:09 pm

~Katla, Blue Mountains~

Katla had planned for this event. Her trolls after finishing off the Dwarves looted their bodies of arms, armor, and valuables before following Katla to the treasure. They had massive wooden chests strapped to their backs for this occasion. While Katla could carry much and more there was too much for her alone to carry on her own. Katla filled her sizable hands and her belly with precious gems, loads of gold, and chests piled high with valuables of all sorts. Her Trolls wide eyed grabbed what they could and stuffed them into pouches and their massive packs. What was left of her Goblin escort filled their pockets and sacks with gold before they all departed the halls of the Dwarves. Katla breathed in the air and gave one last mighty roar to leave with the defeated Dwarves. She then took flight leaving the Dwarven hold with great riches and leaving behind only fire and blood.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:32 am

White Mountains, Eastfold--

Wídfara reigned his horse in and held his hand up in sign for the company to halt. He heard it again. A long, shuddering howl. As he looked around, from the hills nearby sprang a company of orcs riding on the backs of wargs. The leader of the warg-riders shrieked with either rage or glee, and urged his company onward. Several of Wídfara's company let loose arrows, a few of the lead orcs fell dead. The others readied their spears. The two groups crashed into each other. A short but brutal fight folowed. The survivors of Wídfara's company hastened back to Aldburg with the tidings that orcs had returned to the White Mountains again.

Casualties -- 50 orc riders, 15 Rohirrim.

Aldburg, Eastfold, the previous day --

Éomer read his cousin's message. This was bad timing. Things were quiet in the Eastfold, it was true, but there was a tenseness in the air. There had been rumor of battle in Gondor, and it chafed Éomer to not be part of it. He could not, however, leave his sister without aid. Théoden's illness worried Éomer as it had most in the Mark, and the thought of Éowyn left alone with Wormtongue made his blood boil. The Eorlingas lived for battle, but they lived first and foremost for kin. Théoden had taken Éomer and his sister in when their parents had died and had treated them (until his illness) as if they were his own, but deep down, Éomer and Éowyn had only each other. More than battle, more than glory, more than even Firefoot, his horse; she was the most important thing in his life. He went to Grimbold and said "The Prince has asked me to attend to a matter at Edoras in his stead. I leave things here under your command until I return. Send word if anything needs my attention."

"Yes, my Lord." said Grimbold.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Archegnum
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Archegnum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:37 am

The Starlight wrote:Rivendell

Runin asked Cirdan, "Would you mind sending some of your Noldor builders and masons with the ships. We are building some fortifications and other things, and they would be very useful." Runin then briefly excused himself to send the messenger dove back to Lady Galadriel telling of the news and the coming reinforcements.
Walking back, he sat back down and said, "Sorry for that. Please, continue."

"Very well, I will send aid to Lorien." Cirdan gave a kind of queer whistle, and a small bird fluttered in through the window, alighting on his finger. The elf whispered into its ear for a few seconds, then released the bird. It flew swiftly out the way it had come. "There, now my forces will be deployed within the day." he said, satisfied. "And kindly remember, good Runin, that the elves of Lindon are Teleri not Noldor. I doubt my people would be best pleased if they overheard anyone mistaking them for those who slaughtered many of their Kin in the Exile."

Lindon deploys 20 ships carrying 1'950 elven warriors and 50 elven masons

Lindon trains 200 elven warriors
Lindon constructs 3 elven ships
Last edited by Archegnum on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Archipelagian Kingdom of Archegnum

'In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.' Genesis 1:1

Pro: Biblical Christianity, The United Kingdom, Kent, British Overseas Territories, Parliamentary Democracy, Economic Conservatism, Constitutional Monarchies

Anti: Televangelists, the SNP, TOWIE, Americans with superiority/inferiority complexes, Presidential Democracy, Socialist Claptrap, Absolute Monarchies

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse