NATION

PASSWORD

Before the Fall: A Coward's War(AoT SNK RP, OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Before the Fall: A Coward's War(AoT SNK RP, OOC, OPEN)

Postby Joshulia » Sat May 24, 2014 9:04 pm

If you're reading this then you have at least a little interest in this Role-play, so I all I ask is that you read this OP in its entirety, thanks :lol:

Death.

That's all that populates our world.

Well, that and the Titans.

Monstrous giants that appeared from nowhere around a hundred years ago and drove humanity to its near extinction. That's when our ancestors found The City. A huge stretch of land, dominated by three walls of increasing heights, that were, seemingly, created to harbor Humanity's remains.
Wall Maria, standing at fifty meters, is the primary, and smallest of the walls, standing ten and twenty meters shorter than her sisters Rose and Sina.

The governing figure of this new land, the Lineage of Riess, created a new form of military, one that dealt with the threats outside their territory, and within. This was accomplished through the division of their forces into three branches, the Military Police, the elite of soldiers who operate within the heavily populated interior as a force to enforce law and justice, the Stationary Guard, troops who operated on and below the walls, repairing, patrolling, and protecting their respective cities from Titan threats, and the Survey Corps, a group who pushes humanity's boundaries and attempts to reclaim areas beyond the walls.

The Special Operations Squad, a group of Survey Corps troops who operate under Squad Leader Zephryus Caliphate, has a special mission. Formed 69 years after the founding of the wall, the men and women of this brigade give their lives in search of humans that exist outside the walls, and are widely considered the strongest and craziest humanity has to offer.

And they're hiring.

Within the barracks of the Shiganshina district sits Captain Caliphate and his officers, awaiting their new arrivals to begin the 26th expedition beyond the Wall.

OOC:
Hey everybody, I've had this idea in my head for a while and I've finally had time to make an OP, and I hope y'all feel the same way about it as I do. It's been a concept I've had for a while, based off the anime Attack on Titan, I've added and taken away from it without the guiding hand of a critic, so if you have an idea, criticism, or tweak you think of, speak up, I'm always open to advise!
And on another note, I've seen RPs die out simply because their operators were to far apart and didn't interact, so we will all be starting out in the barracks of the city Shiganshina along the outer wall Maria.

The Tech

3DMG- The Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear, also called Vertical Maneuvering Equipment, is a set of gear developed by humans that allows great mobility when facing the Titans in combat. The gear allows the user to fight in a 3D space as opposed to a 2D one. The gear itself takes the form of a body harness that encompasses much of the body below the neck. Though using it will allow a skilled user great mobility, it carries a large risk of overtaxing the user's muscles, thus special physical conditioning is required to use this gear. Some tools involved in the apparatus include:

Handgrips
Piston-shot grapple-hooks
Gas powered mechanism
Iron Wire Propeller with Plug in Blades
They are always paired with a set of blades, used to cut the nape of the Titan's necks
Firearms- Because firearms are unsuitable for dispatching Titans, they have not progressed very far technologically and are almost always overshadowed by the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear. However, they are still regularly used by the Military Police and other human-to-human security relations. The Survey Corps also uses flareguns to communicate over long distances.

The type of firearm used is based on the flintlock mechanism, where a piece of flint ignites the powder and fires the gun, which must be reloaded after every shot. Currently, rifles (or muskets) and pistols are the only firearms seen in the story.

Although the firearms within the walls are low-tech, they do have some modern applications. During the battle of Trost, one of the most notable features of the firearm is the lack of smoke it produces. Indicating that it uses modern gunpowder, which creates a large flash, compared to black-gunpowder which produces a massive cloud of smoke when fired.
Cannons-Cannons were the primary weapon used to engage Titans before the development of the 3D maneuver gear.

Despite the ability of a cannon to blow a Titan's head off in one shot, half of all Titans will merely regenerate their heads; the only certain way to kill a Titan is to destroy the nape of its neck. Cannons are still used in static defense positions, most notably on the Walls and near gates during Wall breaches. As such, they are used most often by the Stationary Guard.

The cannons contain two different rounds: pomegrenades and grapeshots. Pomegrenades are high explosive rounds used to attempt to kill a Titan by destroying the nape of the neck in the blast. Grapeshots are the more traditional cannon round and are mostly used to slow down Titan advances with their wide dispersion shots.

The Races

Humans- Well, after taking refuge behind the walls, humanity began anew, making the best of their new world, developing technology, practices, and ideals, exemplified by The Church of the Wall, a cult that worships the wall as a god given miracle, the new military system that divided the soldiers into three divisions, and the Kingdom that was founded.

Titans-Titans greatly resemble human beings in that they are bipedal creatures with the same number and arrangement of limbs and features one would expect in human beings. They are all deformed by human standards to a greater or lesser degree, ranging from minor abnormalities in proportions (enlarged head, small limbs etc.) to apparently lacking skin and subcutaneous tissues, although they do not bleed from such deformities, indicating that they perhaps possess some other mechanism to compensate for this. The vast majority of Titans are masculine, although all Titans lack sex organs, and their method of reproduction (if any) is currently unknown.

Titans almost universally possess widened mouths with an enormous number of small, square teeth, though some have been known to possess only canines. Still, the majority of Titans have been shown to lack canines, although possibly not incisors and use incisors in their primary activity – eating humans. They apparently do not possess a complete or functioning digestive tract, merely a stomach-like cavity that eventually fills up with what they swallow, forcing them to regurgitate after consuming a certain amount before being able to continue eating more humans they encounter in their rampage.

Behavior
Titans are compelled to seek out and devour humans for reasons currently unknown, as they do not derive any real sustenance from them; they did not taste human flesh for nearly a century after the walls went up, but this did not affect their activity or numbers. It should also be noted that once a Titan has filled what passes for its stomach with dead humans, it regurgitates them in a giant ball and continues eating more as soon as possible.

It should be noted, as mentioned above, that Titans eat humans for no other apparent purpose than killing them. They ignore all other animals and any non-human forms of life. It appears to be a mere will to slay, perhaps triggered by a hormonal response of some sort. And almost all Titans act solely based on it.

Most Titans have no intelligence at all and many are simply mindless beasts, easy to trick, distract or deceive, thus allowing their one weakness, the nape of the neck to be exploited by the swords every soldier carries. *Note- Titans have extreme regenerative properties.

Titan Shifters-Titan Shifters are humans in possession of the "Titan's power", which allows them to transform into Titans. They are able to direct the powers and abilities of a Titan with purpose, and unlike regular Titans, retain their human intelligence. It is often noted that Shifters are more powerful than regular Titans.

To transform, they must suffer an injury that draws blood (often self-inflicted), while having a solid goal or belief in mind at the moment of injury. After transformation, their human bodies appear to be in the Titan's nape of the neck, where they control their Titan bodies. Their human bodies are also merged with the Titan's flesh inside, rendering them immobile. It is also visible that their eyes are connected within the body of the Titan, presumably for optic vision outside the body.If a Shifter's Titan form is pushed to its limit, its human form will emerge from the nape of its neck. But if a Shifter's Titan form is not exhausted, then its human form can partially emerge from the Titan form in full consciousness.

The Titan Shifters also gain the Titan's ability to regenerate, capable of vastly improved healing abilities and even regenerating lost limbs even in their human forms. However, regeneration from severe injuries such as lost limbs can strain their powers and prevent them from transforming for a period of time. It is also shown that they are not safe from regular Titans, and will be attacked even while transformed, via eating them, so much to an extent that Titans will ignore humans to get to them.A notable trait of the Shifters is their lack of skin, and special abilities unique only to their Titans.

Squad Setup
A special team of the Survey Corps, the smallest branch of the military, with a maximum size of 50 soldiers, the Special Operation Squad's already limited number is further lowered by constant losses on expeditions.

Erwin Smith is the 13th Commander, with 4 Squad Leaders, one of which being Zephyrus, serving directly beneath him. A single Senior Team Leader serves beneath them, supervising 8 Team Leaders in the field. The Legion also has 6 specialized Medical Officers, 5 Veterinary Officers in charge of caring for their horses, and 5 Remuneration Officers that serve concurrently with Team Leaders. The SOS operates in a similar manner, headed by a Squad Leader, who is in turn assisted by a Team Leader, who is in charge of two other leaders, each of which possess their own teams.

Their stable also includes a total of 50 specially-bred horses. These horses are noted to be exceptionally valuable, and bred for great speed, stamina, and calm temperament.
Roster-
Squad Leader/Captain- Zephyrus Caliphate

Senior Team Leader- Shiloh Dente
Team Leader-
Team Leader-

Medical Officer-
Scout(x2)-
Engineer- Markus Direan
Science Expert-

Corporal(x3)- Simon Ridgefield, Seiko Fujiwara
Private(x12)

Rules:
1. I am the OP, and my word is law for I am god
2. No one-liners; it's not really that hard guys
3. Follow the average PttM rules
4. No godmodding
5. Respect your fellow RPers (To an extent)
6. If you are leaving the RP, please notify me in the OOC or through TG so I can strike you down with a holy vengeance
7. If you want to play a Titan Shifter, TG me and I will give you the okay or not
Code: Select all
(Delete all bracketed statements)
[b]Name:[/b][hr][/hr] [b]Age:[/b](15-40) [b]Gender:[/b](Male, Female, Non Binary, etc.) [b]Ethnicity:[/b](After so many years, most races have simply blended together, pureblood races are rare)
[b]Rank:[/b] (Private, Corporal, Team Leader, etc.)
[b]Preferred Weapons:[/b] (Adding to the necessary blades)
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] (Survey Corps, 92nd Trainees Squad, or the Military Police)
[b]Kill Count:[/b] (N/A for Trainees, and in X Solos and X in Teams format)
[b]Grad Rank:[/b] (1-35)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[hr][/hr][b]Appearance:[/b] (Picture or description, I don't care either way)[hr][/hr][b]Stats:[/b](There's no limit on points, but try to make it fair and make your arguments)
Battle Skill   
X/10
Initiative   
X/10
Strategy   
X/10
Teamwork   
X/10
Close Quarters Combat
X/10
Intelligence
X/10
Ranged Weaponry
X/10
3DMG Manuverability
X/10
(Insert whatever skill your character would excel in)
10/10

*Note* This is only for certain articles of the application
Grad Rank- Basically where they graduated in regards to their classmates, only the top ten are allowed entrance in the Military Police.
Species- If you want to be a Titan Shifter, TG me and don't tell people you want to be, we want their identities to be a secret
WPL
Last edited by Joshulia on Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat May 24, 2014 9:23 pm

~reserved~

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 12:19 pm

~reserved~

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun May 25, 2014 12:47 pm

JOKES ON YOU JOSH I DON'T HAVE A SISTER
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Illan wrote:JOKES ON YOU JOSH I DON'T HAVE A SISTER

YOURE ABOUT TO MATE

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun May 25, 2014 12:56 pm

SNK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Anyway, here as a...what, co-OP? What am I, josh?

what am i???
:^)

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Aona wrote:SNK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

what am i???

King my good sir. You are King.

.......just kidding, you can be coop mate.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:01 pm

FUCKING SCORPIONS

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Aona wrote:SNK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

what am i???

King my good sir. You are King.

Yo I wanna be coop
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Illan wrote:
Joshulia wrote:King my good sir. You are King.

Yo I wanna be coop

Well........only you two have posted........maybe once we get more people sure

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Anyway, time to work on Zephryus......

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun May 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Joshulia wrote:Anyway, time to work on Zephryus......

Team leaders are okay to make, yes?

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Aona wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Anyway, time to work on Zephryus......

Team leaders are okay to make, yes?

And the senior one

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun May 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Aona wrote:Team leaders are okay to make, yes?

And the senior one

Cool, I'll make an app today then ^^

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Aona wrote:
Joshulia wrote:And the senior one

Cool, I'll make an app today then ^^

Awesome!

Morrow den
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sun May 25, 2014 2:03 pm

This looks awesome tag I am going to make an app later
My old sig cringe

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Morrow den wrote:This looks awesome tag I am going to make an app later

Coolio, thanks mate

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun May 25, 2014 2:23 pm

DIBS ON A TEAM LEADER
Above even The Boss

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Illan wrote:DIBS ON A TEAM LEADER

Pppssssstttttt.........we're gonna kill you off

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sun May 25, 2014 2:40 pm

I wan to be a private so I can hide behind the better troopers :p
My old sig cringe

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Name: Zephyrus Caliphate
Preferred Weapons: Despite its limited usefulness, the Squad Leader carries a rifle on his person at, almost, all times
Birthday: January 29th
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 80 kg
Affiliation: The Survey Corps
Kill Count: 23 Solo, 19 in Teams
Grad Rank: 3
Bio: WIP

Appearance: WIP
Stats:
Battle Skill
9/10; Widly considered to be one of the greatest Titan killers alive currently
Initiative
7/10; As a squad leader, he is driven in his goal to protect humanity
Strategy
9/10; He was put in charge of the Squad for a reason, his tactical mind was the result of working under Commander Erwin for years
Teamwork
6/10; It's almost as if the poor teamwork trait comes hand in hand with combat proneness, examplified in Zephyrus
Close Quarters Combat
7/10; An average combatant, he can hold his own when fighting many combatants in closed areas
Intelligence
7/10; While above average, Caliphate isn't a genius, obviously, and as such he travels with his vanguard of officers to weigh their opinion on matters
Ranged Weaponry
8/10; A relatively useless trait, he can still fire a rifle and cannon with great accuracy
3DMG Maneuverability
10/10; Unmatched in his preformance, Zephyrus is widely considered to be one of the, if not very best, in the territory
Human vs Human Combat
10/10; When in training, Caliphate received top scores in hand to hand combat, and was eventually moved to instead fight instructors, rather than fellow students
Last edited by Joshulia on Mon May 26, 2014 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sun May 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Can I be in the Military police?
My old sig cringe

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Morrow den wrote:Can I be in the Military police?

If they're assigned to the SOS yeah sure

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Morrow den wrote:Can I be in the Military police?

If they're assigned to the SOS yeah sure

Cool they were always my favorite division in the show even though they are corrupt
My old sig cringe

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun May 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Joshulia wrote:If they're assigned to the SOS yeah sure

Cool they were always my favorite division in the show even though they are corrupt

.........The Bitch Brigade......

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse