NATION

PASSWORD

A House Divided [OOC / Medieval / Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

A House Divided [OOC / Medieval / Open]

Postby Aden Protectorate » Wed May 07, 2014 4:44 pm

A HOUSE DIVIDED

United we stand; divided we conquer

Made with influences by Evarii by Arcerion and Game of Thrones

IC TO COME SOON

MAP

AN INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the continent of Shareima. A cold land just north of the Paltiac Ocean and surrounded by the Baliac Ocean on the Northern and Western shores. To the east is the inhospitable Desert Byan, which has been walled of to keep out the Barbarian tribes that roam the Desert Byan. The land of Shareima has long been ruled by many houses.The minor houses picking up the scrapings of the major houses.

The major houses squabbling for the Vacant Throne of Ussex, vacant for Hundreds of years since the Death of the Last King of Ussex, Micheal II. To keep control of the argumentative houses, the Regent in the capitol of Ussex, under control of the House of Ussex, convened the General Congress with representatives from every house, free city and bloc of power to advise the Regency, effectively subjugating them all into the service of the Kingdom of Ussex.

It is now Jaisan (January) the 1st of the Year 222 A.M. (After Micheal), two months ago the aging Regent of Shareima, Emile Sax-Wazen and Ussex has died. For centuries the Regency has been chosen from the House of Ussex. The Regent had no heir, the General Congress, seeing its chance to rid itself of the crumbling rule of Ussex unanimously dissolved itself. The time has come for houses to become dynasties, for dynasties to attain thrones, and for thrones to survive a millennium.

GAMEPLAY

This RP will follow the escapades of the Royal Houses of Shareima, ancien or noveau as they attempt to dominate each-other and gain control of the Land of Shareima. Players can play as a major or minor house, a Free City or as a Ducal State under the control of another existing House.

The two types of Houses will be Minor and Major. Major houses will be large and powerful houses who control a sizable portion of the continent and that exert powerful influence on their surroundings. These houses will be the top contenders for the ultimate Crown of Ussex, the vacant crown that could give the house the bears it the ultimate weapon in the land.

The second type of House is a minor house. Minor Houses are smaller, weaker or significantly weaker than a major house. These houses are either cadet branches of a Major House or a vassal of a Major House. These houses usually are used as pawns by larger Houses, but with the right amount of skill and tactic (and significantly more effort) these Houses could attain ultimate power.

Free cities are cities, usually wealthy ports that are autonomous of auxiliary control. They usually have significant trade power, such real life examples include the Serene Republic of Venice, Athens, Sparta etc. The fourth type of entity you can play is as a Ducal State, these entities are independent state in which the Head of State is a member of an already existing houses. The fourth and fifth options will not be able to be played until a significant amount of people have joined this RP. I will also allow two players to roleplay as "Oligarchic Republics" of a sort not unlike the Most Serene Republic of Venice. To roleplay as one of these please contact me so I can provide you with an app.

SOCIAL STRUCTURE

This Roleplay will be set in a time not unlike or own 12th century A.D., technology will be akin to that of the 1200's in Europe.
it is necessary to have a basic knowledge of the structure of medieval society, customs and technology to be able to roleplay with us. As in our medieval times everything is run by the feudal system, Nobles at the top, followed by Knights, followed by Merchants, followed by Free Peasants and serfs at the bottom.

Religion and culture is very important, three prevailing faiths dominate Shareima. The first called Veidusism which is centered around the belief in the harmony of nature and cooperaton between every living being. This religion is notoriously pagan and the believers of Veidusism believe in a pantheon of thousands of gods, with the main god being Veidu, who takes the form of a white oak and spreads his branches of love throughout the world. Veidusism is most prominent in the Northern lands of Shareima.

The second religion known as Cetridivinism is founded on the belief that four beings rule the world, and that each one is a fraction of one all-powerful god. Each of the four gods represents either East, West, North, South, the four sacred directions; and one of the four sacred elements, either Water, Fire, Earth or Air. This religion is most prominent in the Southern and Western areas of Shareima and was until recently the official religion of the now dissolved Kingdom of Ussex.

The third religion is known as Viensidivism. Which advocates the belief of one god who rules all. The Viendsidivistic bible, the Sanctrium states that their god, created everything, and everyone in the world. They live by a strict set of protocols known as the Victum, that advocate discipline, community and cooperation. As such societies believing in this religion have developed a very communal and warrior lifestyle.

The cultural arrangement of Shareima is much akin to that of Europe. With the East and North are Germanic, Scandinavian and Slavic, which in this RP we will call Sascician. The South is populated by Latin-likes who are called Escadiac and the West are Briton-Celtic who shall be called Gothian. I will allow individual players to name regions.

ROLEPLAY LAWS

1. My word is law, obey it and the RP will be fine and so will you.
  2. Use COMMON SENSE! Seriously don't time skip and automatically know where the enemy is, their are no radars and satellites in this time period. I will judge your posts and if its unreasonable then don't even post it.
  3. No godmodding, trolling, flaming, number spamming . And guys, make sure you aren't an ass.
  4. Character development, such as back-stories, histories and personalities is good and frankly encouraged, it really helps the quality of the RP.
  5. No one liners and vague weird posts that has bad grammar. You must have a MINIMUM of 8 sentences, unless it is a simply yes or no post. One liners lead to confusion and the vagueness makes people assume you godmodded. Also spell the best you can and use correct grammar! I can't stress it enough how bad some people's grammar is on this site and its frankly disturbing. Also use correct words! Yea isn't yeah as in yes.
  6. Put OCC posts here, and IC's in the IC, simple right?

CADRE

Aden Protectorate, Supervisory Cadre (OP)

APPLICATION

Code: Select all
[box][Blocktext][b]HOUSE APPLICATION[/b]
[b]NAME OF HOUSE:[/b]
[b]HOUSE SIGIL:[/b]
[b]HOUSE CHARACTERISTIC (what trait(s) define your house):[/b]
[b]HOUSE HISTORY:[/b]
[b]HEAD OF HOUSE (full name and titles):[/b]
[b]HEAD OF HOUSE BIO:[/b]
[b]HOUSE TITLES:[/b]
[b]LANDS CLAIMED:[/b]
[b]RP EXAMPLE:[/b]
429 - Do Not Delete it helps me find apps[/Blocktext][/box]

ROSTER

NAME PLACE ON MAP USER APPLICATION

????? #1 Aden Protectorate Not Available
Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 pm

tag for interest

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Wed May 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:tag for interest

Great.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed May 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Eh, im finding it hard to create a app with little to no background. What are some of the place's name? What are each region like? What kind of technology are we talking about?
Edit: Also, a example app would be nice, with a full history
Last edited by Jade Confederacy on Wed May 07, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Wed May 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:Eh, im finding it hard to create a app with little to no background. What are some of the place's name? What are each region like? What kind of technology are we talking about?

Sorry I am making a paragraph about that no. So imagine this to be like Europe, the north and east are Germano-Slavic, Latin to the South and Celtic to the West. I would rather not name places as I would like the player to be as imaginative as possible. The technology is around that of the 1200's.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:Eh, im finding it hard to create a app with little to no background. What are some of the place's name? What are each region like? What kind of technology are we talking about?

Sorry I am making a paragraph about that no. So imagine this to be like Europe, the north and east are Germano-Slavic, Latin to the South and Celtic to the West. I would rather not name places as I would like the player to be as imaginative as possible. The technology is around that of the 1200's.

Alright. But also, does the #1 on the map signify the territory of the House or the entire Kingdom? If I read the OP correct, the did the Kingdom encompass the whole globe?

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Aden Protectorate wrote:Sorry I am making a paragraph about that no. So imagine this to be like Europe, the north and east are Germano-Slavic, Latin to the South and Celtic to the West. I would rather not name places as I would like the player to be as imaginative as possible. The technology is around that of the 1200's.

Alright. But also, does the #1 on the map signify the territory of the House or the entire Kingdom? If I read the OP correct, the did the Kingdom encompass the whole globe?

It signifies the territory of the House that I reserved. The Kingdom collapsed, sorry if that was not clear I am doing some updates so that it will be more clear.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Wed May 07, 2014 5:14 pm

I dont know about this. This seems overly ambitious.
1)there is no set basis for the world your building so everything will have to be made from scrap
2)there is no set history
3)there is no set map depicting which culture should be where
4)there isnt even a reference point from where the world building can start
The world of Ice and Fire took over 10K pages to flesh out and the Eastern regions are still a blur. Maybe you will have more luck with making a medieval Europe or game of thrones setting?

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Wed May 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:I dont know about this. This seems overly ambitious.
1)there is no set basis for the world your building so everything will have to be made from scrap
2)there is no set history
3)there is no set map depicting which culture should be where
4)there isnt even a reference point from where the world building can start
The world of Ice and Fire took over 10K pages to flesh out and the Eastern regions are still a blur. Maybe you will have more luck with making a medieval Europe or game of thrones setting?

I realize this, I am making a history. I am also making a map for that. I just wanted to put this out there so I could see the initial reaction and improve it as it got along.

Arcerion
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcerion » Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I am here, just barely though. A lot of work and not a lot of time. Expect low-intensity activity but long posts.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I went to a fight once but then a hockey game broke out.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Tue May 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I think this kind of died. But if we get more people involved then we can begin with this.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Tue May 13, 2014 4:09 pm

CLOSED.

The United Beallian Republican States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Beallian Republican States » Tue May 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:CLOSED.

What do you mean? I'm about to signup!
Hail, The United Beallian Republcian States

All Hail Beallius Ousporus, third of his name, of the House Beall, Lord of the Beallians, and Protector of the Realm!
___________________________________________________________________________________________
"We May Be Beallian, but what are You?"

Proud Member of The Darwin Allied Republics

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Tue May 13, 2014 4:20 pm

If thats the case then it is no longer closed. But I am currently working on another RP with someone else and this may become second priority.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Beallian Republican States » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:If thats the case then it is no longer closed. But I am currently working on another RP with someone else and this may become second priority.

This is a really good Idea!

All Hail Beallius Ousporus, third of his name, of the House Beall, Lord of the Beallians, and Protector of the Realm!
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Beallian Republican States » Tue May 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:If thats the case then it is no longer closed. But I am currently working on another RP with someone else and this may become second priority.

And Also when you are done making the other RP can you TG the link to me?

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm

The United Beallian Republican States wrote:

And Also when you are done making the other RP can you TG the link to me?

Of course.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Beallian Republican States » Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
The United Beallian Republican States wrote:And Also when you are done making the other RP can you TG the link to me?

Of course.

BTW my Application is almost done!

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Beallian Republican States » Tue May 13, 2014 4:38 pm

HOUSE APPLICATION
NAME OF HOUSE: House Trodanian
HOUSE SIGIL:

HOUSE CHARACTERISTIC (what trait(s) define your house): Very Rich and will do anything for a Higher Throne, Geniuses run in the family, Many of our family line were famous military commanders
HOUSE HISTORY: House Trodanian started with Sir Trodan, a knight from loyal to Ussex. He was a brilliant commander using many effective tactics to defeat his enemies. Later when he reached his thirties the King of Ussex granted him a large Keep and the surronding Lords as vassels to him. He was now know as High Lord Trodan Trodanian of Highrock
HEAD OF HOUSE (full name and titles): High Lord Damalis II of House Trodanian; High Lord of Highrock; Lord of Highrock Keep; Marshal of the King or whoever sits on the Ussex throne.
HEAD OF HOUSE BIO: Damalis II was the firstborn son of High Lord Antibra IV of House Trodanian. Damalis show great sword fighting abilities and was named his father's Spire early on. He when to war at the age of 18 under his father with the nearby Lord who was rebelling against their rule which was crushed easily. He soon married Johana Retones, a daughter of one of the many Lords of Highrock, and they had 2 children, Nevanti, and Vortalis. After his father's death he took control of Highrock and has been ruling ever since.
HOUSE TITLES: High Lordship of Highrock; Lordship of Highrock Keep
LANDS CLAIMED: Mountains on the Edge of the Map know as the Damli Mountains
RP EXAMPLE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294834429 - Do Not Delete it helps me find apps

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Tue May 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Accepted but could you please add more history and detail?
Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse