NATION

PASSWORD

Roman China Expedition (OOC/Signups) Still Very Open!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Roman China Expedition (OOC/Signups) Still Very Open!

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:25 pm

IC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294262&p=19899526#p19899526

It was the year 53 BCE and the Roman Republic was thriving. However, there was something more pressing than even Mark Antony's infiltration of the Egyptian throne, the Scipii's conquests in southern Carthage and Mauritania and even Julius Caesar's conquest of Gaul. There was something that the Roman Nobles and Rich could not get enough of. Silk. This one rare cloth was so valuable its cost rose well above that of gold. And so to acquire this lucrative product, they gathered men from across the Roman Republic to begin this journey. They would begin in Southern Pontus (One of Rome's Allies) where they had a small camp set as a pseudo embassy/ border patrol post. From there they would travel through Armenia from whom they'd acquired the rights to move through. Once through Armenia they would need to secretly move through the generally hostile Parthian Empire and reach Arachosia after moving through Scythian nomadic lands. Once they arrived in Arachosia (A Alexandrian Hellenistic State) they would secure documents that explained where it came from and follow the directions until they could make contact with their people.

Commanded by Legate Augustinus Flavius of the Scipii (who formerly fought the Carthaginian rebels in south eastern Mauritania and a tribe of nomads in Macedon) they were well equipped and commanded with good men, armor, weapons, and foodstuffs. Augustinus knew that his family's fame had diminished since the Second Punic War and that they were always viewed as Greeks rather than true Romans, so he saw this as his chance of redeeming their loss in popularity and tipping the balance back toward them. For the Expedition he was given men from the regions of Rome, Samnium, Siracusa, Macedon, and to a lesser degree from Epirus, Athens, and Sparta. They in total numbered 55 men and were trained as Roman elites. The Greek soldiers would act partially as translators.

NOTE: This is a character based rp and you may have a maximum of two characters. In addition I may allow mercenaries to be hired by Augustinus later on.

NOTE ALSO: This is based of an actual expedition that occurred around this time. Little details are known but only two survived along with several translators translating from Latin to Greek to and Indian Local language and through several Chinese dialects only to be executed in front of the Han Emperor after asking for the secret recipe.

Equipment Allowed:
Personal Weapons: ( *Required and one of the First Two Required)
- Spatha
- Gladius
- *Pugio
- *Hasta
- Javelin
- Pilum
- Plumbata
Body Armor: (Pick One of the Two)
- Lorica Segmentata
- Lorica Hamata
Limb Armor:
- Manica
- Greave
Shield: (*Required)
- *Scutum
Helmet: (*Required)
- *Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc: (*Required)
- *Loculus (Satchel)
- *Water Skin (For Carrying Water, starts out full)
- *Patera (For Cooking with and eating and drinking)
- *Small Miniature Shovel (For obvious reasons and entrenchment)
- *Sudis
- Jewelry
- Denarii
Clothes (Worn under your armor and for casual meetings, pick one or more)
-Tunic (Basic Clothes of the Era)
- Focale (Recommended as it is a sweat cloth worn around the neck and good for covering bleeding wounds)
- Balteus (Recommended if you want a sword belt)
- Braccae (Old Style Trousers)
- Sagum (Kind of like a cloak but shortened for easy mobility and armor
- Paenula (A Roman styled and designed Poncho)
- Caliga (Like Cleats but with sharp spikes on the bottom, very standard footwear)
- Pteruges (A Short and fancy cloak worn by noble soldiers)
Foodstuffs: (Be reasonable in amount)
- Loaf of bread
- Salted and/or Smoked Meat (Similar to jerky)
- Small Bottle of Watered Down Wine
- Small Bottle of Passum (Raisin Wine; Not too alcoholic)
- Salted Snails
- Mollusks (Clams, Oysters and Mussels.Doused in Wine for preservation)

-Not Yet Available-
Personal Weapons: (Pick a few)
- Xiphos
- Armenian Dagger
- Armenian Akontia (Javelin
- Armenian Toxa (Bow)
- Xyston (Spear; Recommended)
- Sfendonai (Sling)
Body Armor:
- Armenian Bornze Armor
- Alexandrian Greek Armor
- Wooden Armor
Limb Armor:
- Greave
Helmet:
- Armenian Helmet
- Corinthian Helmet
Misc:
- Bag
- Coin Purse (Filled with Drachma)
- Zoroastrian Religious Book
- Shovel
- Metal Bowl (For Food)
- Cloth
Clothes:
- Armenian Tunic
- Armenian Cloak
- Armenian Himation
- Armenian Chiton
- Sweat Cloth
Foodstuffs:
- Salted Lamb
- Bread (1/2 Loaf)
- Bread stuffed with slated lamb
- Baked Phyllo
- Watered Down Wine
- Lettuce-Rice Salad (Contained in Metal Bowl and covered with a cloth)
-

Rules: (Three strikes and you're out)
- Obey the OP
- Be Realistic
- No God Mod
- No Metagaming
- OOC flaming
- Realize that you can die (but I will refrain from killing PCs)
-Remember that we fight in Line Formation

Commanders of each line and their Rank (And a * if they are open to an app)
Maro Lucinius - Centurion Princeps Prior and Tribune, Decanus of the First Line
*Thracius Gnaeus - Decanus of the Second Line
Antonius Brennus - Decanus of the Third Line (Therefore the Decanus who helps communicate the Imperator's commands to the Centurion Princeps Posterior)
*Lucius Aulus - Centurion Princeps Posterior, Decanus of the Fourth Line
*Tiberius Marcus - Decanus of the Fifth line

Application: (I will allow one rper to hold the banner and ten Greeks and Macedons)
Name:
Appearance (Describe it):
Ethnicity:
Province of Origin:
Who's line are you going to apply to?:
Equipment: (Listed Above)

Early Roman Ranks:
Tiro (Recruit)
Miles (private)
Munifex: (Supply Carrier; Equal to Miles)
Discens (trainee; above Miles, specialized in one or more weapons)
Cornicen ('the horn blower') equal to Discens
Cornicularius ('administrator'; works with the Imperator; unique unit; above Discens but typically does not get promoted)
Vexillarius (Flag Bearer; Discens, similar conditions to Cornicularius)
Signifer ('the standard bearer'; same as Vexillarius except it had the units flag)
Aquilifer ('the eagle bearer'; held a staff with the republic's symbolic eagle on top
Decanus (Above Discens; Leads an eight man unit)
Duplicarius ('second in command to the Decurion who commanded a single turmae')
Centurion Princeps Posterior ( above Duplicarius;Leads the back half of a unit)
Centurion Princeps Prior (above Centurion Princeps Posterior; Leads the Front half of a unit)
Tribune (Coordinates with other units; above Centurion Princeps Prior)
Imperator (above Tribune; controls an entire unit)
Legatus Legionis: (A Legate of a Legion which in this case is a unit of 55 men)
Last edited by Alouite on Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Map of The World

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Last edited by Alouite on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Info About APPs and other important background information

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Accepted List:

Alouite- Augustinus Flavius, Legate and Imperator of the Expeditionary Legion, and member of the house of Scipii ( and all NPCs)

Cylarn- Maro Lucinius, Centurion Princeps Posterior, Member of Roman Narbonensis with Gallic influences

Reddogkeno101- Flavius Marius, Aquilifer (Likely to keep the position), and member of the Etruscan peoples of Northern Rome

The Templar High Council- Antonius Brennus, Centurion Princeps Prior and Tribune of the Expeditionary Legion, and member of the Integrated Celtic Tribes of Gallia Cisalpina.

Dunegaul- Marcus Pullo, Discens in the Regiment under the command of Centurion Antonius Brennus and from Siracusa.

Nuxipal- Setnahkte, Discens under the command of Centurion Antonius Brennus, From the Ptolemaic Kingdom.

My App:

Application:
Name: Agustinus Flavius
Appearance (Describe it): Dark wavy hair, light beard, Olive Skin, Blue eyes, semi-handsome face 5'11"
Ethnicity: Latin
Province of Origin: Syracusa
Equipment:
Personal Weapons:
- Gladius
- Pugio
- Hasta
- Pilum
- Plumbata
Body Armor:
- Lorica Segmentata
Limb Armor:
- Manica
- Greave
Shield:
- Scutum
Helmet:
- Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
- Loculus
- Water Skin
- Patera
- Small Miniature Shovel
- Sudis
- Pendant of the Scipii royal shield
- 56 Denarii
Clothes:
- Focale
- Balteus
- Pteruges
Food:
- 2 loaves of bread
- Salted and Smoked Meat
- Small bottle of Passum

Combat, Raids, and Looting
Combat:
Good Example: (We only fight NPCs. Any PC that tries to attack another PC will be struck by Jupiter's Bolt of Lightning) I raised my scutum blocking the Scythian's axe as he swung it. After hitting the strong shield I returned by thrusting forward my Hasta impaling him in the stomach and pulling back killing him and leaving him to fall to the ground. Then, to prepare for the next aggressor I swung my shield hitting him in the head and knocking him down allowing me to approach and finish him off.

Bad Example: I raised my shield to block the enemy's attack. Then I countered by stabbing him in the stomach and hit the next enemy in the head. I then prepared to finish him off.

Ugly Example: As he swung his axe I stabbed him quicker and impaled him and his friend behind him leaving them to die.

Raids: You must Coordinate with other fellow soldiers and obey the chain of command. Otherwise Venus will make you love your sword. To the death.

Looting: I will agree with you OOC to what you find in markets, dead aggressors and buildings that you enter after capturing the structure from the enemy forces there.

When encountering other peoples:
-Avoid attacking them w/o reason, you may be outnumbered and w/ the odds against you.
-They don't all magically speak Latin, especially when we get further from Rome. We will frequently be contracting translators, guides and mercenaries to assist us in our travels.
-We WILL see combat and conflict. Even food could eventually lead to such an issue where we would need to kill to survive.
-Slaves will exist, but don't go all harriet Truman on me, it exists in Rome too, and even the slaves dont complain.

Dangers we will see on the journey:
- Illness; Yea, medication wasn't great in the first century BCE.
- Venomous Snakes, Venomous Spiders, Bears, Tigers and More!; They could easily take you down if you don't keep an eye out
- Barbarians, Thieves and Psychopaths, oh my!; Lots of these will be seen as we go on
- hostile tribes, city states and nomadic groups; Similar to barbarians, but better equipped dangerous adversaries indeed.
- Bad Weather; Typhoons, hurricanes, Sandstorms you name it we have it somewhere between Pontus and China.

What about going back?
-Were not there yet, I will post this further down the line.
Last edited by Alouite on Tue May 06, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:46 pm

I will make an app later for this. It looks good.
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Would it be okay if I did an app for a member of a tribe that ruled in Wales on behalf of the Roman Emperor?
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Name: Maro Lucinius.
Appearance (Describe it): Maro is a tall, well-built man who had worked hard to keep his rather muscular and athletic physique. He has fair skin, with a few scars from past battles. He has short brown hair, shaved on the sides but kept somewhat lengthy up top, though not too much.
Ethnicity: Roman-Gaul.
Province of Origin: Gaul.
Equipment: Gladius, Hasta, Pugio, Lorica Segmentata, Manica, Greave, Scutum, Imperial Gallic Helmet, Misc. gear.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Mannon
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannon » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Wow, looks very good. Will definitely make an app when I get on my computer (probably late Sunday).

(Oh and this will be my first real RP :D)
Hello!
Mannon is a developing nation that hopes to thrive and help the international community through peace and trade.

Military is a work in progress, and shall be up and running in the next few days to a week.

A proud member of the New Commonwealth Society

SOLDIERS ON A COMBAT EXCERSISE:
Soldier
Soldier 2
Soldier 3
Soldier 4

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Cylarn wrote:Name: Maro Lucinius.
Appearance (Describe it): Maro is a tall, well-built man who had worked hard to keep his rather muscular and athletic physique. He has fair skin, with a few scars from past battles. He has short brown hair, shaved on the sides but kept somewhat lengthy up top, though not too much.
Equipment: Gladius, Hasta, Pugio, Lorica Segmentata, Manica, Greave, Scutum, Imperial Gallic Helmet, Misc. gear.

Accepted, you will be the only Gaul allowed.
Hyman Minsky

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Alouite wrote:
Cylarn wrote:Name: Maro Lucinius.

Accepted, you will be the only Gaul allowed.

He's a halfie, actually.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Reddogkeno101 wrote:Would it be okay if I did an app for a member of a tribe that ruled in Wales on behalf of the Roman Emperor?

Why would you be in the China expedition if you were a noble in the North Western Empire? (And Rome did not yet control even a little of Britain. They were still busy with Gual)
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Alouite wrote:Accepted, you will be the only Gaul allowed.

He's a halfie, actually.

Yeah, but the Gaul Campaign only just began. Therefore Gallic are generally viewed with mistrust. I'm allowing this because you are a halfie, otherwise it would be very unlikely.
Hyman Minsky

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Application:
Name: Alexsander Reschev
Rank: I don't understand. Lemme get some help on this plox
Face: Blue Eyes, White, Rather pure complection, brown hair about 10cm long
Arms: Tad bit built, visible muscle, small sear mark above left elbow
Legs: Visibly muscular
Torso: (Typical Greek Stereotype for the time)
Ethnicity: Illrayian
Province of Origin: Roman-Illraya
Equipment:
Personal Weapons:
- Gladius
- Pugio
- Hasta
- Javelin
Body Armor:
- Lorica Hamata
Limb Armor:
- Manica
Shield:
- Scutum
Helmet:
- Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
- Loculus
- Water Skin
- Patera
- Small Miniature Shovel
- Sudis
- 102 Denarii
Clothes
-Tunic
- Focale
- Balteus
- Sagum
- Caliga
- Pteruges
Foodstuffs:
- 3 Loaves of bread
- 1oz Salted and/or Smoked Meat
- 1Small Bottle of Passum

Hey guys. This may not be the best app. Please help me.
Last edited by Roski on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Roski wrote:Application:
Ethnicity: Slavic (Russia? Can I into Russia or must I be Roman/Greek?)
Province of Origin: Fino-Ugaria (Again)
Equipment:
Personal Weapons:
- Gladius
- Pugio
- Hasta
- Javelin
Body Armor:
- Lorica Hamata
Limb Armor:
- Manica
Shield:
- Scutum
Helmet:
- Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
- Loculus
- Water Skin
- Patera
- Small Miniature Shovel
- Sudis
- 102 Denarii
Clothes
-Tunic
- Focale
- Balteus
- Sagum
- Caliga
- Pteruges
Foodstuffs:
- 3 Loaves of bread

The Slavs were undeveloped small tribes in the Belarus and Russia-Belarus Border areas in this time, they were very small in numbers and did not make contact with the Romans until the Huns pushed them out in the 300's and 400's CE when they were at war with Rome. If you want to be from the Slavic region of the Balkans be Illrayian from Roman-Illraya.
Hyman Minsky

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Alouite wrote:
Roski wrote:Application:
Ethnicity: Slavic (Russia? Can I into Russia or must I be Roman/Greek?)
Province of Origin: Fino-Ugaria (Again)
Equipment:
Personal Weapons:
- Gladius
- Pugio
- Hasta
- Javelin
Body Armor:
- Lorica Hamata
Limb Armor:
- Manica
Shield:
- Scutum
Helmet:
- Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
- Loculus
- Water Skin
- Patera
- Small Miniature Shovel
- Sudis
- 102 Denarii
Clothes
-Tunic
- Focale
- Balteus
- Sagum
- Caliga
- Pteruges
Foodstuffs:
- 3 Loaves of bread

The Slavs were undeveloped small tribes in the Belarus and Russia-Belarus Border areas in this time, they were very small in numbers and did not make contact with the Romans until the Huns pushed them out in the 300's and 400's CE when they were at war with Rome. If you want to be from the Slavic region of the Balkans be Illrayian from Roman-Illraya.

Edited on there, what is the position thing?
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Roski wrote:
Alouite wrote:
Edited on there, what is the position thing?

Accepted, but what position thing?

EDIT: Oh, the rank? I'll explain it and put it in the OP. Here is the list of ranks and their equivalent:
Tiro (Recruit)
Miles (private)
Munifex: (Supply Carrier; Equal to Miles)
Discens (trainee; above Miles, specialized in one or more weapons)
Cornicen ('the horn blower') equal to Discens
Cornicularius ('administrator'; works with the Imperator; unique unit; above Discens but typically does not get promoted)
Vexillarius (Flag Bearer; Discens, similar conditions to Cornicularius)
Signifer ('the standard bearer'; same as Vexillarius except it had the units flag)
Aquilifer ('the eagle bearer'; held a staff with the republic's symbolic eagle on top
Decanus (Above Discens; Leads an eight man unit)
Duplicarius ('second in command to the Decurion who commanded a single turmae')
Centurion Princeps Posterior ( above Duplicarius;Leads the back half of a unit)
Centurion Princeps Prior (above Centurion Princeps Posterior; Leads the Front half of a unit)
Tribune (Coordinates with other units; above Centurion Princeps Prior)
Imperator (above Tribune; controls an entire unit)
Legatus Legionis: (A Legate of a Legion which in this case is a unit of 55 men)
Last edited by Alouite on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyman Minsky

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Alouite wrote:
Roski wrote:

Accepted, but what position thing?

Rank

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

He's talking about rank, which I assume will require personal research, correct?
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:He's talking about rank, which I assume will require personal research, correct?

Actually, I had trouble finding it myself so I made a list.
Hyman Minsky

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Alouite wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:He's talking about rank, which I assume will require personal research, correct?

Actually, I had trouble finding it myself so I made a list.

Oh... Thanks. I'm working on an app now. My family is kinda Celtic. I like the Celts.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Alouite wrote:Actually, I had trouble finding it myself so I made a list.

Oh... Thanks. I'm working on an app now. My family is kinda Celtic. I like the Celts.

Then I will allow one Celt.
Hyman Minsky

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Name: Flavius Marius
Appearance (Describe it): Orange hair, Blue eyes, fair skin, Medium height, short but strong arms, long legs.
Ethnicity: Etruscan
Province of Origin: Rome
Equipment: Spatha, Pugio, Hasta, Lorica Segmentata, Greave, Scutum, Imperial Gallic Helmet, Loculus, Water Skin, Patera, Small Miniature Shovel, Sudis, Jewellery, Balteus, Focale, Sagum, 2 loaves of bread, 400 grams of Salted meat, Small Bottle of Watered Down Wine.
'Straya

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Application:
Name: Antonius Brennus
Appearance (Describe it): Close cropped brown hair, light stubble on chin, sharp features, and serious expression.
Ethnicity: Celtic.
Province of Origin: Celtic lands on the border of present-day Italy.
Equipment: (Listed Above)

Weapons:
  • Spatha
  • Pugio
  • Hasta
  • Plumbata
Armor:
  • Lorica Segmentata
Limb Armor:
  • Manica
Shield:
  • Scutum
Helmet:
  • Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
  • Loculus
  • Water Skin
  • Patera
  • Shovel
  • Sudis
  • 80 Denarii
Clothes:
  • Balteus
  • Braccae
  • Caliga
Foodstuffs:
  • Dozen slices of meat.
  • 3 Loaves of bread.
  • Half-dozen mollusks.
  • 2 Small bottles of wine.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:11 pm

He can be a Discens

Mannon
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mannon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 am

Application:
Name: Atticus Quadratus
Appearance (Describe it): A short, stocky man, Atticus has a broad forehead. He has blue-greenish eyes and a small nose. He has a relatively dark complexion compared to Romans, as he originates from Spain. He has rather full lips, and as they are chapped most of the time while on sentry or guard duty, he is rather irritable even though he rarely speaks.
Ethnicity: Andalusian
Province of Origin: Hispaniana

Equipment:
Personal Weapons: Hasta, Pugio, Gladius
Body Armor:
-Lorica Segmentata
Limb Armor:
-Manica,
-Greave
Shield:
-Scutum
Helmet:
-Imperial Gallic Helmet
Misc:
-Loculus,
-Water Skin,
-Patera,
-Small Miniature Shovel,
-Sudis,
-a small amount of Denarii.
Clothes:
-Tunic,
-Focale,
-Braccae,
-Paenula,
-Caliga.
Foodstuffs:
-A small bag of salted meat,
-salted snails,
-a small bottle of Passum.
Hello!
Mannon is a developing nation that hopes to thrive and help the international community through peace and trade.

Military is a work in progress, and shall be up and running in the next few days to a week.

A proud member of the New Commonwealth Society

SOLDIERS ON A COMBAT EXCERSISE:
Soldier
Soldier 2
Soldier 3
Soldier 4

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:49 am

Reddogkeno101 wrote:Name: Flavius Marius
Appearance (Describe it): Orange hair, Blue eyes, fair skin, Medium height, short but strong arms, long legs.
Ethnicity: Etruscan
Province of Origin: Rome
Equipment: Spatha, Pugio, Hasta, Lorica Segmentata, Greave, Scutum, Imperial Gallic Helmet, Loculus, Water Skin, Patera, Small Miniature Shovel, Sudis, Jewellery, Balteus, Focale, Sagum, 2 loaves of bread, 400 grams of Salted meat, Small Bottle of Watered Down Wine.

A redheaded Etruscan? Meh, fine, but expect discrimination by locals (Who don't know better) on the journey. Accepted.
Hyman Minsky

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse