NATION

PASSWORD

2025: The Second Cold War {OOC/OPEN!!}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

2025: The Second Cold War {OOC/OPEN!!}

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 pm

This is a reboot/remake of a RP created by Yanalia

Teh IC

This RP is set in the future. The setting is a three-way Cold War between an ultra-conservative United States, a partially united Europe, and the newly formed imperialistic Russia.

Here's the timeline of the backstory:

Timeline, 2013-2025

September 2013: Renewed Chechen terrorist efforts result in the destruction of Russian infrastructure and lives. Meanwhile, protests against Putin's undemocratic reign continue.

December 2013: Putin cracks down on Chechen attacks and sends Russian troops to occupy Chechnya.

April 2014: Protests over the occupation of Chechnya begin in Russia. President Obama condemns the actions of the Russian administration.

June 2014: Putin has ignored the protests but continued occupation of Chechnya. In one large protest, Russian troops fire on civilians. The world recoils at the growing repressive regime of Putin.

July 2014: Putin issues an official apology for the killings and places Russian officers who ordered them on trial. These show trials only anger the populace, who increasingly dislike Putin.

May 2015: The Russian economy plunges downhill in response to sanctions handed down by world powers. Protests and tensions rise. United Russia's approval rating hits an all-time low.

December 2015: Capitalizing on dissatisfaction, the newly formed ultra-nationalist Greater Russia Party wins big in the State Duma. Despite their clear victory, the GRP is granted 25% of the Duma seats, an improvement of 6%.

During 2016, the instability of Russia scares the nations of the European Union. In elections, Europeans overwhelmingly support greater EU unity in this difficult time. Euroskeptical parties lose representation due to the growth in support. In Russia, Putin cracks down hard on protests in order to support the legitimacy of his government. United Russia's situation grows desperate. A weakened Russia is taken over by the GRP, while the unexpected death of Vladimir Zhirinovsky virtually kills the Liberal Democrats' chances for Duma control. Objective polls show the GRP polling an incredible 75% support.

November 2016: In the US, as minorities grow larger and larger, the Republicans are defeated in the 2016 elections. The Democratic Party controls the Presidency and Congress. Dissatisfied ultra-conservatives form the Founders' Dream party. This party is almost fascist in its platform. It is mocked by the public for it's mediocrity.

April 2017: Confident in their victory the previous election, the Democrats fulfill few of their electoral promises. Corruption is rampant among Congress, but is not generally noticed by the American populace. The approval rating of the Democratic Party falls dramatically over the course of a few months. In Russia, a desperate Putin begins to compromise with the ultra-nationalists. Seeing their popularity on a huge surge, the GRP refuses compromise, demanding that it's plans be put into effect immediately.

December 2017: Democratic complacency allows the US economy to plunge once again. Despite this and the uproar from citizens, the Democrats remain skeptical of any defeat, given the unpopularity of the Republicans.

March 2018: United Russia falls under in the Russian presidential election. Gennady Zyuganov of the GRP carries the vote by too large a margin to allow for any deceit on the part of Putin.

November 2018: The Founders' Dream party gains seats in the House and Senate on a platform of racial unity and American exceptionalism. The Democrats now hold a tenuous majority while Republicans cling to only a few seats in the House.

January 2019: The GRP dissolves the Russian Federation and forms the The Greater Russian Republic (GRR). United Russia is banned and Putin jailed following the formation of the GRR, this leaves the GRP as the only party within the new Russia. The hyper-nationalism of Founders' Dream resonates within the American people. Euroskepticism is essentially exterminated in Europa. In fact, with the creation of the ultra-nationalist Russia, Germany and France begin plans for unification. Europe waits in fear at the actions of Russia. The economic crisis in the US deepens, also affecting the world economy, while the ultra-nationalists successfully revitalizes the Russian economy after major reforms are made.

April 2019: Gennady Zyuganov calls for friendship between the Greater Russian Republic and European nations. The hope for cooperation among Russia and Europe is renewed.

July 2019: Zyuganov dies under highly suspicious circumstances. Soviet-style hardliners take control of the GRP. Russian military funding increases to unprecedented levels.

June 2020: The Greater Russian Republic suddenly and unexpectedly invade and annex the Ukraine. Other nations are too timid to respond to Russian aggression. The Democrats in the U.S condemn the Russians.

January 2021: With their plans accelerated due to the crisis in Europe, France and Germany merge to form the European Democratic Federation. The capital is Paris. They invite other nations to join. The new EDF informs the UN that it will succeed France's place on the UN Security Council.

February 2021: The Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg join the EDF.

November 2021: Switzerland, Austria, Poland, and Denmark all request entry into the EDF, they're quickly admitted as the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th districts of the EDF respectively.

November 2022: Right before US elections, the GRR places agents in the Belorussian and Kazakh governments to gain political power. As a result of the cowardice to take further action against Russia plus the economic depression in the U.S, the Founder's Dream party wins a majority in the U.S elections but not the presidency.

December 2022: The leftist minor parties of America are disbanded by the FDP. The Democrats remain. US military spending, which had been subdued to economic depression and Democratic policies, is increased largely. Eastern European nations flock to the protection of the EDF. The Baltic nations, firmly nationalist, stay the course of independence. Former Yugoslavia, as well as Romania, Bulgaria, and Greece, also remain independent.

February 2023: The United States begins to ramp up nuclear weapons production. While the GRR ascertain political control of Belarus and Kazakhstan, they begin to make plans of invasion the Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

March 2023: Seeing an opportunity to extend influence, the People's Republic of China proposes an alliance with the EDF. Faced with the prospect of increased Russian aggression in Asia, the EDF reluctantly agrees in exchange for promises of democratization. With tacit EDF support, China places political operatives to create satellite states in Mongolia, Nepal, Bhutan, and Burma.

June 2023: The EDF's agreement with the PRC incites popular backlash. In Canada, a Founders' Dream replica, pro-USA party take control of the government. Canada effectively becomes a US satellite state in the eyes of many. The GRR invades the Baltic states in a unsurprising fashion, their defenses are no match to the overpowering Russians and they surrender by the end of the month. The EDF informs Russia that it will place heavy sanctions if they continue their aggression further into Europe.

December 2023: The GRR ramps up its nuclear weapons program in response the EDF's hostilities. Kazakhstan and Belarus both fall prey to the Russian political invasion scheme, they gain control of government and ask for absorption into the GRR. The Greater Russian Republic accepts and amends the constitution to create the Greater Republic of Eurasia. Mongolia, Nepal, Bhutan, and Burma finally fall to the Chinese invasion of their government, they absorb Nepal and Bhutan and make satellite states out of Mongolia and Burma.

April 2024: Spain and Portugal join the EDF. Alarmed by US and Russian nuclear testing, Europe rapidly accelerates its own nuclear program. The EDF withdraws from NATO and demands a withdrawal of all US forces from its lands immediately, the United State's complies with no questions asked. The GRE also condemns the US military presence in Europe.

May 2024: With it's economy still recovering and under pressure from two superpowers, the US is forced into negotiation with the EDF. In exchange for US withdrawal from Europe, Europe agrees to cut funding to pro-EDF parties in the UK. The Treaty of Cairo is a big win for the EDF.

November 2024: The Founders' Dream party runs on a platform accusing the Democrats of betraying the US in the Treaty of Cairo. Although this allegation is not exactly true, their repeated lies combined with the desire of the people for a scapegoat give the Founders' Dream a landslide victory. Their presidential candidate, Walter McMullen, is elected. Founders' Dream has almost total control over Congress. The GRE launches political invasions of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Turkey.

January 2025: Preying on fears of EDF-Russia alliances and using its huge victory as pretext, Founders' Dream party outlaws the Democratic Party as well as all other parties except for the Republican Party, which is now mainly made up of fellow ultra-conservatives. Democrats are persecuted by the government. President McMullen is given dictatorial powers in the state of emergency and elections are suspended. Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia fall victim to the political invasion made by Russia and are absorbed by the GRE, Turkey also falls victim but aren't absorbed. Rather, they become a vital satellite state to the GRE because of it's positions within NATO

If you're too lazy to read all that, here's a brief summary

The European Democratic Federation contains all of Europe except the Balkans and the rest of the Southeast. Scandinavia is not in the nation but has extremely good relations with Europe. The UK, meanwhile, is in danger of becoming a US satellite, although the EDF is discreetly violating the Treaty of Cairo in order to prevent this.

The Greater Republic of Eurasia consists of the Russia, the Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan,Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and the rest of the Baltic states. It has a vital satellite state in Turkey because of it's NATO membership and take advantage of it's NATO knowledge any chance they can get. It is still looking to expand further in Asia and into Southeastern Europe, since it is blocked as it is by the EDF in most of the East.

In Asia, the People's Republic of China, who is in a shaky quasi-alliance with Europe and have the additions of Nepal and Bhutan, attempt to block Russian expansion. They continue to grow their influence in the region. They have satellite states in Mongolia, Burma, and North Korea. North Korea is also beginning to make plans of invading the South upon American withdrawal, which is expected in the very near future.

In North America, the United States has been taken control of by ultra-conservative radicals who have disposed of opposition parties in the U.S and have practically suspended the U.S Constitution subtly so the populace doesn't recognize disposition of their fundamental liberties. Canada has became a satellite and Mexico is in danger of doing the same.

You could play as any country, most have stayed the same over the years, but we will need a GRE, U.S, EDF and China player. Since this is already alternate history, I'm open to other countries being alternate, as long as you've got a reasonable backstory for it. This backstory must start from the current state of the nation in 2013.

Rules: You know, the standard. I really shouldn't have to go into them.

App:

Code: Select all
[box][b][size=150]Nation Info: [/size][/b]
    [b]Nation Name:[/b] (FORMAL NAME ONLY)
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Head of Government[/b]

[b]Government Form:[/b]
    [b]Ideology:[/b] (Political, not economic)
    [b]Nations within Sphere of Influence:[/b]
    [b]Civil Freedoms:[/b]
    [b]Political Freedoms:[/b]
    [b]Economic Freedoms:[/b]

[b]Military Branches[/b]
    [b]Each Branches' Size:[/b]

[b]History of your nation from 2013 until 2025: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S)[/b]

[b]Goals for the Nation:[/b] (what do you plan on doing with it?)

[b][size=150]RP Experience:[/size][/b]
    [b]RP's you are currently in:[/b]
    [b]RP's you were in the past:[/b]
    [b]Link to best (or good) RP sample:[/b] (is required)
    [b]How active will you be?:[/b]
    [b]Why'd you choose this nation?[/b] (just interested in seeing why people pick stuff)
    429  - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

If you want to be some type of organization, here's an app for it

Code: Select all
[box]
    [b]Organization Name:[/b]
    [b]Leader:[/b]
    [b]Foundation Date:[/b]
    [b]Head Officials:[/b]
    [b]Base of Operations:[/b]
    [b]Countries Located In:[/b]
    [b]Countries Supported By:[/b]
    [b]Number of Personnel:[/b]
    [b]Supported Ideology:[/b]
    [b]Main Goal:[/b]
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Roster of the RP

The United Arab Republic - Zataristan

The United States of America - Jade Confederacy

The Kingdom of Sweden - Glovania

The Greater Republic of Eurasia - The New Greek Republic

The People's Republic of China - Epraria

The New Commonwealth of the United Kingdom and Ireland - Kelmet

The Federal Republic of Australia and New Zealand.

The European Democratic Federation - Great Istanistan

The Confederal Council for Arab States in the Gulf - Bentus

Organizations

The United Citizens of America - Photana

The World Liberation Army - Lunas Legion

The Combined Syndicates of America - Waztakio

The Legione di Cesare d'Italia - The imperial canadian dutchy
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 pm

History of the RP
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 pm

-sorry, my car takes up alot of space-
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Always up for cold war RPs. Reserving the US

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:Always up for cold war RPs. Reserving the US

Noted, the United States is reserved.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 pm

I hope this one gets off the ground :unsure:
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:I hope this one gets off the ground :unsure:

eh, dont worry about it. I had trouble setting off cold war era RPs too. Guess not too many people share the same interests

Zataristan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zataristan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:23 pm

Reserving Iran.
Time to continue my nuclear project MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers."

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:I hope this one gets off the ground :unsure:

eh, dont worry about it. I had trouble setting off cold war era RPs too. Guess not too many people share the same interests

Well, I was hoping this would appeal because the former had a lot of interest, plus it's futuristic so that's a bonus, right?

Zataristan wrote:Reserving Iran.
Time to continue my nuclear project MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Noted, Iran is reserved.

I think I'll take the GRE if we take off.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Zataristan
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zataristan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:33 pm

About the tech,what level is it?Black Ops-2ish?
Last edited by Zataristan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Islam began as something strange and will go back to being strange, so glad tidings to the strangers."

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Reserving EDF.
Zataristan wrote:About the tech,what level is it?Black Ops-2ish?

Probably this, along with Call of Duty: Ghosts tech.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Zataristan wrote:About the tech,what level is it?Black Ops-2ish?

Eh, not too familiar with the whole Call of Duty tech as I refused to play them after they made MW3. So, I'm not sure if it would be that. All I can say is, well-funded armies would be already owning, and producing more of, next generation equipment.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:46 am

Reserve New Zealand, because what the hell, right?

EDIT: Actually, unsure on where to take this. I may get an app up for something, but don't hold anything for me.
Last edited by The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zataristan
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Zataristan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:12 am

Nation Info:
Nation Name:Iran
Head of State:Ayatollah Hussein Abbas
Head of GovernmentPresident Iskandar Rahman

Government Form:Unitary presidential Islamic Republic
Ideology: Islamic Conservatism,Islamic Democracy.
Nations within Sphere of Influence:Syria,Lebanon,Afghanistan
Civil Freedoms:4/10
Political Freedoms:4.5/10
Economic Freedoms:5/10

Military BranchesIslamic Revolutionary Guards,Islamic Republic of Iran Armed Forces(Ground),Iranian Air Force,Iranian Navy,Iranian Strategic Missile Defense Force(fictional,if that's okay)
Each Branches' Size:
-IRGC:95,200
-Armed Forces:450,000 Total
-Airforce:90,000
-Navy:50,000
-SMDF:3,000

History of your nation from now until 2025: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S)
Basically at 2014,Iran continues to build up its military until Putin's regime ended.Iran finds an alternative to old Russia under Putin,which is China who had become allies of Iran.At 2020,the president from the Alliance of Buildiers of Islamic Iran Iskandar Rahman got elected.He is a well known Khomeinist.Same with the Ayatollah,Hussein Abbas who had replaced Ali Khameini due to his death.Iran improved its economy throughout the year following Assad's victory in Syria.Now,it had completed the stealth fighter project Qaher 313 and Iran had carried out several space program throughout the year.Next in the list is the nuclear program.

Goals for the Nation: Establish relations with China while also being pro-neutral to Russia.Build up and modernize army.Continue Nuclear Programs,and space program

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in:2014 RP(Syria&Algeria),Bujalha's 2016 RP(Iran)
RP's you were in the past:Aznazia's Cold War RP(Soviet Union),Limborg's 2014 RP(Syria&Algeria),Bujalha's 2016 RP(Iran)
Link to best (or good) RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=290352
How active will you be?:3-4 post a week the least.
Why'd you choose this nation?I love Iran as you can see :p
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Sharko Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sharko Federation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:36 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
Nation Info:
Nation Name: (FORMAL NAME ONLY) The Republic Of Angola
Head of State: Baraka Jambavi
Head of Government Jamba Savimba

Government Form:
Ideology: (Political, not economic) Capitalizt
Nations within Sphere of Influence:America, Singapore, France and Finland
Civil Freedoms: 7/10
Political Freedoms:4/10
Economic Freedoms:3/10

Military Branches
Each Branches' Size:The Angolan Armed Forces (AAF) is headed by a Chief of Staff who reports to the Minister of Defense. There are three divisions—the Army (Exército), Navy (Marinha de Guerra, MGA), and National Air Force (Força Aérea Nacional, FAN). Total manpower is about 110,000.[citation needed] Its equipment includes Russian-manufactured fighters, bombers, and transport planes. There are also Brazilian-made EMB-312 Tucano for training role, Czech-made L-39 for training and bombing role, Czech Zlin for training role and a variety of western made aircraft such as C-212\Aviocar, Sud Aviation Alouette III, etc. A small number of AAF personnel are stationed in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa) and the Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville).

History of your nation from now until 2016: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S) In 2014, Angola signed a peace treaty with America & France. 2015, Singapore Sends Humanitarian Aid Due To Civl War. 2016, they start building a missile program and space program. New president was elected and they started building up military.

Goals for the Nation: Turn Angola Into A Superpower(what do you plan on doing with it?)

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292289
RP's you were in the past: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292695&hilit=Ft
Link to best (or good) RP sample:The 1st Link (is required)
How active will you be?:VERY
Why'd you choose this nation? I Love Angola (just interested in seeing why people pick stuff)
The Kingdom of Eastern Gaau (鮫)
"吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲!//吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲."

FACTBOOK | MILITARY | ANTHEM | EMBASSY PROGRAM

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 am

Nation Info:
Nation Name: United States of America
Head of State: President McMullen
Head of Government President McMullen

Government Form:
Ideology: Anglo-American supremacy
Nations within Sphere of Influence: Canada, Cuba, Japan, S. Korea, United Kingdom, Mexico, and Israel (notable pro-American governments and satellites). The US also hold extensive influence in south east asia and the middle east, having mutual security guarantees with Thailand, the Philippians, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. The US has a well established hegemony in the Americas (apart from Venezuela and Bolivia) and considers the Latin America its backyard. Ties are being reestablished in Oceania as the US is funding pro-American parties in Australia.
Civil Freedoms:7/10
Political Freedoms:5/10
Economic Freedoms:8/10

Military Branches US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coastguard
Each Branches' Size:
Army: 550,000
Navy: 400,000
Marines: 200,000
Air Force: 370,000
Coast Guard: 50,000
History of your nation from now until 2016:
2020:Cuba was thrown into turmoil when Rual Castro died, leaving a huge power vacuum. Sensing an opportunity to beef up it image at home and to remove a troublesome neighbor, the US invaded the island nation and quickly overthrew the communist government. It then established the protectorate of the Republic of Cuba, making it a satellite state.
2024:Seeking to re emulate its success in Cuba and draw attention away from domestic issues, the US intervenes in Venezuela. US marines captured major coastal cities and secured vital infrastructure around the country in the opening weeks. However, Venezuela has yet to fall and government forces have withdrawn into the interior of the country. The US backed opposition and intervention forces are gearing up to capture the rest of the country.
Goals for the Nation: Preserve remaining spheres of influence and add Mexico and the UK to the list of satellite states. To contain the rise of China and Russia and prevent their influence from reaching the Americas.

RP Experience: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=211187&start=1025
RP's you are currently in: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=293591
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=293623&start=100
RP's you were in the past: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=211187&start=1025
Link to best (or good) RP sample: (is required) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=211187&start=1025
How active will you be?:Depending on how active the RP is
Why'd you choose this nation? I have the most experience regarding the US and its alternate history scenarios.

Kelxo
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelxo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:49 am

Nation Info:
Nation Name: (FORMAL NAME ONLY) Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina
Head of State: President Ibrahim Žaimović
Head of Government Prime Minister Elvir Bašić

Government Form: Republic within the EDF
Ideology: (Political, not economic) Democratic Socialism
Nations within Sphere of Influence: Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia, Macedonia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic are our closest allies if that is what you mean.
Civil Freedoms: Medium
Political Freedoms: Medium
Economic Freedoms: Low

Military Branches Land Army, Navy, Air Force, Special Forces
Each Branches' Size: Army - 19,000 - Navy - 17,000 - Air Force - 16,000 - Special Forces - 10,000

History of your nation from now until 2016: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S) In EDF.
Goals for the Nation: (what do you plan on doing with it?) Make it a even better place, hopefully expand the economy and civil rights.

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: Slavska RP and a few Esquarium ones
RP's you were in the past: A couple of ones from Esquarium.
Link to best (or good) RP sample: (is required) - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=291672 That's my best RP. I'll admit, I'm not the best RPer but I'm looking to expand my abilities in RP.
How active will you be?: Very active.
Why'd you choose this nation? (just interested in seeing why people pick stuff) - I'm Part Bosniak.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:52 am

Sharko Federation wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
Nation Info:
Nation Name: (FORMAL NAME ONLY) The Republic Of Angola
Head of State: Baraka Jambavi
Head of Government Jamba Savimba

Government Form:
Ideology: (Political, not economic) Capitalizt
Nations within Sphere of Influence:America, Singapore, France and Finland
Civil Freedoms: 7/10
Political Freedoms:4/10
Economic Freedoms:3/10

Military Branches
Each Branches' Size:The Angolan Armed Forces (AAF) is headed by a Chief of Staff who reports to the Minister of Defense. There are three divisions—the Army (Exército), Navy (Marinha de Guerra, MGA), and National Air Force (Força Aérea Nacional, FAN). Total manpower is about 110,000.[citation needed] Its equipment includes Russian-manufactured fighters, bombers, and transport planes. There are also Brazilian-made EMB-312 Tucano for training role, Czech-made L-39 for training and bombing role, Czech Zlin for training role and a variety of western made aircraft such as C-212\Aviocar, Sud Aviation Alouette III, etc. A small number of AAF personnel are stationed in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa) and the Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville).

History of your nation from now until 2016: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S) In 2014, Angola signed a peace treaty with America & France. 2015, Singapore Sends Humanitarian Aid Due To Civl War. 2016, they start building a missile program and space program. New president was elected and they started building up military.

Goals for the Nation: Turn Angola Into A Superpower(what do you plan on doing with it?)

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292289
RP's you were in the past: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=292695&hilit=Ft
Link to best (or good) RP sample:The 1st Link (is required)
How active will you be?:VERY
Why'd you choose this nation? I Love Angola (just interested in seeing why people pick stuff)

Why is France in your sphere of influence when it's part of the EDF? Also Angola would never be able to get France, Finland and Singapore in it's sphere of influence.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:55 am

Epraria wrote:Why is France in your sphere of influence when it's part of the EDF? Also Angola would never be able to get France, Finland and Singapore in it's sphere of influence.

I think he meant the other way around. Hes in America and France's sphere, which in turn means in Europe's sphere. No idea why Finland and Singapore in there though.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:57 am

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Epraria wrote:Why is France in your sphere of influence when it's part of the EDF? Also Angola would never be able to get France, Finland and Singapore in it's sphere of influence.

I think he meant the other way around. Hes in America and France's sphere, which in turn means in Europe's sphere. No idea why Finland and Singapore in there though.

Oh well. I'm either going to take Russia(Again...) or the EDF.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:20 am

Epraria wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:I think he meant the other way around. Hes in America and France's sphere, which in turn means in Europe's sphere. No idea why Finland and Singapore in there though.

Oh well. I'm either going to take Russia(Again...) or the EDF.

Take Europe. Geek will cover Russia. We would then need a China player

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:25 am

Jade Confederacy wrote:
Epraria wrote:Oh well. I'm either going to take Russia(Again...) or the EDF.

Take Europe. Geek will cover Russia. We would then need a China player

i'm already making an app for Europe. Though i'm having trouble finding suitable areas for a sphere of influence outside of Europe and military numbers.
Myansaland wrote:

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:30 am

Nation Info:
Nation Name:The European Democratic Federation
Head of State: President Jasper Cobus
Head of Government: President Jasper Cobus

Government Form:Semi-Presidential parliamentary federal republic
Ideology: Democracy, Pro-Europe.
Nations within Sphere of Influence: Scandinavia, The Balkan nations, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Morocco, Western Sahara. DRC, Congo, Angola, Mozambique, Chad, CAR, Madagascar, Cameroon, gabon
Civil Freedoms: 8
Political Freedoms: 7
Economic Freedoms: 9

Military Branches:
The European Democratic Army
The European Democratic Air Force
The European Democratic Navy
The European Democratic Marine corps
The European Foreign Legion
Each Branches' Size:
Army: 600,000
Navy: 290,000
Air Force: 375,000
Foreign Legion: 12,000
Marine Corps: 160,000
[/b]

History of your nation from now until 2016: (If you aren't EDF, China, GRE, or the U.S)

Goals for the Nation: Preserve European independence and make sure the EDF stays intact, Stop the Russians from spreading further into Europe and stop the UK from becoming an American satellite.

RP Experience:
RP's you are currently in: Nation creation 2015 and the une main de fer.
RP's you were in the past: Tons.
Link to best (or good) RP sample: Come on NGR you know me by now.
How active will you be?: Moderate to high.
Why'd you choose this nation?: I honestly want to play as an united Europe for once and i would have taken Russia but i play far to much as Russia these days.
Last edited by Epraria on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myansaland wrote:

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:31 am

Epraria wrote:
Jade Confederacy wrote:Take Europe. Geek will cover Russia. We would then need a China player

i'm already making an app for Europe. Though i'm having trouble finding suitable areas for a sphere of influence outside of Europe and military numbers.

Yea, your gona have to fudge the numbers a bit. The US accounted for a large part of Europe's defense, but Europe united would need less defense as a whole. Europe's influence would be North and Central Africa as well as the Balkans and Nordic countries.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse