NATION

PASSWORD

Medieval rp IC (private)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ben M
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Leto felt a sharp pain in his chest. He tried to lean forward but fell back. He couldn't breathe he tumbled backwards and tried to break his fall. He feel on his head however unknown to him as he immediately blacked out.

Squires ran forward as the crowd gasped. The king stood immediately and rushed down onto the field as his knights cried in protest about safety. The crowd began to boo as leto was carried off. A squire presented Gariel with Leto's horse. The crowd started hissing and throwing things. The king had left with Leto. Leto had a huge gash on his forehead. The squires stripped leto and ran outside with his armor presenting it to Garile with the horse. The crowd was livid. Knights were called in to restrain the crowd as people tried to jump onto the field. The king strode out looking worried.

"ENOUGH. I AM JUST AS MAD AS YOU." The crowd cheered as Tyri turned to face Audric. Tyri locked his glare in Audrics eyes. "But not at Gariel. At Leto." The crowd fell silent in shock. "Leto knew what he was doing. He was no spring chicken, the only season in the north is winter." The crowd chuckled, Tyri turned to face Gariel. "However, Gariel, you must learn to control your pride. It is our custom, as was told to you, to let he nobles win. No offense to you or your people but Leto is far more important than you. And as a skilled jouster you should have seen that he was tired. Im disappointed in you to. So Gariel, you should win," The crowd booed, "But i think that you did a bad thing. Therefroe you will joust Sir Yarmer, who WOULD have beaten Leto anyway. If leto dies, you die. I am fining you all of Leto's things that you won, and 6 platinum knights. Now let the jousts continue." The king whirled around and sped towards lets medical tent. Yarmer hastened to suit back up, he had been watching the jousts.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 pm

On the outside Alathos held a straight face, but his resolve was running out, he stood up and left the booth before bursting into laughter, he quieted himself before anyone noticed, one of his subordinates came out to see what was wrong

"Theres nothing wrong" Alathos said as he wiped a tear away from his eye "im just... never mind, lets go back into the booth."

Alathos returned to the booth and sat down, settling back into a resolve of a straight face, his secretary leaned over and asked what the hell is he so happy about.

"Well you know how im makeing my profit here correct? asked Alathos "Well with what happened this plan is going to be easy., if Yarmer wins the Dalentari are going to be pissed that the king fined and made him joust Yarmer, but if Gariel wins then the Facilicans we be even more enraged. Either way i can easily get the money, And Tyri's reaction is priceless, he might have just wrecked all relations with the Dalentari, we will have to wait and see what will happen."

With that Alathos saw some of the Fasilican royalty looking at him strangely, so he leaned back into his chair and darkened his mood. He couldnt wait to see the outcome of the next joust, things were only going to heat up from here.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Garfunclia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Garfunclia » Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Garfuncle XVII watches intently as this scene plays out before him. He thinks to himself, "If Leto cannot be injured than his presence in the joust should've been mentioned before hand or he shouldn't have participated at all."
This was once a quote of Ben M saying something stupid, but he unfortunately made me change it because he has my password. Just know that what he said was highly stupid. Also, I did all the grammar editing for him in the Lull RP. Not even that could save it.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -8.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97

Personality Type: INFP-T
"Heavy stones fear no weather..." -Of Monsters and Men

TALK BERNIE TO ME

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Wed May 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Alathos turned to Garfuncle XVII and said

"I think its an honor thing, like if Leto didnt participate then he would have dishonored himself. Honestly i cant understand the prospect of jousting for honor, i mean its not like they sell the equipment they win, they keep it as a prize or something, which is ridiculous because they dont make any money."
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah

Garfunclia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Garfunclia » Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Garfuncle XVII speaks to Alathos: "I agree. I feel like this shouldn't be at fault of Gariel in any way. He has to give his horse and armor up if he loses and he has to lose because of Fascilian tradition. I'm not going to disrespect foreign laws, but I personally do not agree with this."
This was once a quote of Ben M saying something stupid, but he unfortunately made me change it because he has my password. Just know that what he said was highly stupid. Also, I did all the grammar editing for him in the Lull RP. Not even that could save it.

Political Compass:

TALK BERNIE TO ME

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Alathos leaned over again and spoke

"Honor holds alot of value in this society, and it seems that personal stature means alot to Gariel, which is not going to go well when Yarmer and him clash, mostly because Yarmer is going to be looking for some sort of revenge, if you can call it that, hes looking for honor, and to earn it he thinks he has to beat Gariel, i dont know how this will work out. Also ive heard you know your way around beutiful words on paper, Poems i think? Ive read a couple and i think they are great, you should write something about this whole event, i would love to read it."

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Da- neid listened casually. he got up from the booth as they discussed the events. he made his way to Leto's tent. He felt sorry. He didn't know where his loyalties lied. He didn't like Leto much, He was to much of a tight ass. But he felt some affinity for the man and the country. Yet at the same time he felt foreign and Ythalitan. He didn't know what to do. He ended up by the flap to Leto's tent. He pushed inside to the surprise of the king. Da-neid ripped his VERY expensive silk shirt and used it as a sling for for lets arm that had fallen under him i a weird direction during his fall. He had made his mind up, he was both Ythalitan and Fascilian, but his colleges cam first.
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Wed May 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Gariel was silent, his brow furrowed in a look of utter confusion.
Audric's face showed no hint of his emotion but his eyes revealed his fury. He did not yell, yet all heard his voice and all heard the anger that it barely contained. "Sire. First of all, Gariel does not speak your tongue. Second of all, In Dalentarin customs, Gariel is equal in rank to Leto, and there for Leto is not more important than Gariel, and Gariel is not at fault for breaching customs of which were obviously not told to him anyways. Third of all, I do not appreciate you threatening one of my, 'Dukes', as your people might call it, Nor am I pleased with your grace's assumption that you may punish those you do not have jurisdiction over. Any punishment Gariel receives for customs breached will be decided by me. In event of a breach of your laws, my citizens, while with in your borders, will follow those laws and accept punishment for them if they are breached. As this is not a breach of written laws, and is a breach of customs, I and only I have jurisdiction over Gariel. If you wish to have Gariel punished then you must confer with me and I will consider doing so."
Last edited by Quazin the Great on Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Wed May 14, 2014 7:53 pm

As the squires brang Gariel Leto's horse and armor he shoed them away and said "no" in a heavily accented Facilican, such as he had done every time he had been presented withe the armor and horse.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

the kings face went bright red.

"You....are.....out.....of....line. Sit......down....and....we....may.....discuss...this....later. For now i have jursidciton. These are game held in my ancestors honor. YOU and you "DUKE" are dishonoring me and my grandfather. You come here and injure my right hand man in the north then DARE defy me in front of my subjects. You have come here and therefore are under OUR laws. What i say is LAW. NOW SIT DOWN. Pray to whatever god you believe in that i discuss this with you later "Sire". AS for Gariel he will joust Yarmer. I have said it and it is so (You wouldn't recognize this phrase but it is an ancient kingly phrase representing kingly power. the crowds eyes go wide at this.) Leto will be healed. I don't give a damn whether Gariel speaks or doesn't speak. He should have been notified of the customs before hand. THEREFORE the blame lies on you. YOU are LUCKY i don't reprimand you more than i have. NOW sit down and honor my ancestor. LET THE JOUST CONTINUE" He waves his hand dismissiveley. Audrics chair is removed from the kings's box seats and placed with the common nobles (A HUGE SLIGHT) the king goes to sit down and the trumpets blare. YArmer positions himself at one end of the tourney field.

Garfunclia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Garfunclia » Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Garfuncle XVII raises a hand to catch the attention of the crowd. He speaks: "I wish not to cause any trouble, and if you wish to ignore me than I would be glad if you do. I simply wish to say that these are games, and I feel that WE should ALL keep these competitions as recreation and not hostility. I respect the laws of all nations and do not wish raise any dispute, but I only wish to retain the peace. Thank you to all those who've taken the time to hear me out."

Political Compass:

TALK BERNIE TO ME

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 pm

The king caught Garfuncles eye and nodded. Hies face was less red. The crowd sat back in their chairs anticipating the games to restart. In their eyes their leader had won the exchange (both countries see differently) The horns blow signifying a bout,.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Wed May 14, 2014 8:24 pm

It was all Alathos could do not to laugh, he was bursting, loud politics always did this to him, he found them hilarious. He calmed down a bit when Garfuncle spoke, but he still had to laugh. When the king turned after nodding to Garfuncle he flipped around and let it out, he almost fell off his chair.

"This is the best fight I've seen since when my father ruled my country." He spoke to no one in particular "damn politics are funny."

"Sir" it's probably not the best thing to laugh at." Said his secretary

"I know but I can't help it, it's always so funny!"

His secretary sighed, what should he have expected.

Alathos grinned at the thought of the next joust, he only hoped that the next would spark a fight worst than this one, because he needed to laugh some more.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am

Audric made no move to sit. He nodded towards Garfuncle and then turned back towards the Facilican king. His voice was was one of perfect control, and showed none of the rage that it had before. "I apologize. I had no intention of dishonoring nor insulting you or your grandfather." His voice quieted so that it was only audible to those in the box, "You may have misunderstood my intentions. I do agree with you that Gariel should be punished, however the punishment that you decreed was not one worth the severity of the issue, especially considering that 6 platinum knights is pocket change for one as wealthy as Gariel. A punishment that would be worthy of the situation would be something such as a demotion, which is only decreable by me. I will allow you the platinum if you wish, but I advise against it, for a demotion would get across much nicer. As for the situation with Yarmer, I have no qualms. It is your choice who fights who and I have no problem with that, nor would a problem of my having in any way effect the outcome in that regard, for you are the host of this tourney and that is your right." with that he turned around and left the box. without a word the rest of the Dalentari in the Box stood up and followed him, even those talking to Garfuncle and the Ythalitan. None looked back.
Last edited by Quazin the Great on Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Thu May 15, 2014 9:53 am

"6 platinums is pocket change?!? Pocket change?!? How poor is this guy, i find that in my shoe sometimes!" Alathos spoke this in a loud whisper, a really loud whisper.

"Sir, please try and remember that by running your country with your private fund you also gain the greatest income in the world, the ENTIRE 10% trade tax. So it is not uncommon that people have less money than you, also it is not wise to say suck things when the Dalentari Master of money is nearby, as it might hurt relations." Alathos secretary whispered all of this into Alathos's ear trying his best to keep quiet enough that the Dalentari would not over hear.

"Oh yeah, its easy to forget when your leave 90% of that back home." responded Alathos outloud

You brought 10%!?!" whispered the secretary "are you crazy?"

"Well i need a little spending money." reponded Alathos

His secretary sighed "If you werent an economic mastermind i would be more worried, just try not to spend it on one thing."

"I think i know how to manage money, i do pay for a whole country, now watch the joust, i want to see if it makes them fight again."

Alathos leaned back into his chair and called for a drink, it was hot and he was thirsty.

Captain republican
Civilian

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain republican » Thu May 15, 2014 10:07 am

The king gave a toothy smile as Audric and the Dalentari walked out. He leaned to his steward and spoke quietly. "The Dalentari are not allowed back. Even tomorrow or the day after. Unless they apologize. You will collect the small fine. Un prepare the Dalentari rooms in my palace. They are not sleeping under any of my roofs. Move Garfuncle and Althalos into the box" The steward nodded and walked off. The king motioned for the joust to continue as knights helped move Althos and Garfuncle in tot he kings box.

"Hello sires. What a display! It seems that diplomatic relations have been botched a bit. Well the better for me! Now i get to enjoy your fine company! To tell the truth Audric and Belfast were quite bland."

Da-neid returned to the box and sat behind the king.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leto came too. Martel informed him of the ban on housing of the dalentari and what went down. Leto managed to croak out that he would house gariel. His squire ran of to notify gariel.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Thu May 15, 2014 10:24 am

Yaegar, the master of money, Laughed loudly and thumped the secretary on the back, "why you shure are the paranoid one arn't you?" He said in his deep rumbling voice, "Hurt relations? HA! no offence taken on our part. Audric was simply being modest. Gariels armor alone is easily worth what you have in your pocket." he stroked his beard "at least from an assessors standpoint, if you counter in the rarety the craftsman ship and the title it brings with it. although he may not keep it for long. the 'demotion' Audric was talking about has some... unfortunate reprocussians"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 am

"Gariel!" Audric called from the minor nobles booth in dalentarin, "your actions show you unworthy of the title you carry. You are hereby stripped of your title of Master. Don a comrades armor and horse, for you are stripped of yours" Gariel nodded submissivly and exchanged armor and horse with one of his fellow Dalentarin jousters. The eyes of the Dalentarins listening widened in suprise. A few broke out in fervent chatter. "You may regain your title after you have proven yourself worthy of it"

"see?" yaegar said to Alathos, "unfortunate reprocussions. In Facilican terms, Audric just demoted a Duke to a knight. somewhat over the top, but such is the way of my peoples"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Thu May 15, 2014 10:38 am

"Hmmphh, maybe I'll buythat armor off him, if he can't use it now, it seems like a nice gift for my uncle......" Alathos's thought trailed off.

"I'm just trying to make sure he doesn't ruin anything by accident." Reassured the secretary

"No really" Alathos said as his thought snapped back "I'll offer approximately 2367 platinum knights, I do hope he's selling, it looks like a nice collectible. But that's beside the point, I now have to move because apparently laughing at royalty is FROWNED upon... in this establishment. So now I have to go, have a nice day."

Alathos them picked up his chair and left the booth, his secretary apologized profusely and grabbed his chair and left as well.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Thu May 15, 2014 11:05 am

Yaegar laughed as the left, "If you are serious about buying it than ask Audric. currently it's not Gariels property." He waved and chuckled to himself, "If only he had asked when Gariel owned it. He might have taken an offer as a compliment"
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Thu May 15, 2014 7:30 pm

"HOLY SHIT!!!" Shouted Alathos. He the quickly remembered he was not in the other box and sat down and apologized, Tyri would have probably been upset if he was not also on his feet.

Following 2 rounds of 2 broken lances on each side they had charged at the start of the round not knowing the phenomenon that would befall them. As each charged in they both made a vital mistake, Gariel had been tense enough to misplace his gripping on his sword, and Yarmer had dropped his head down to early, These mistakes made for a split second of error that resulted in the slight displacement of each jousters defense, the end result was that both jousters were dismounted at almost the same time. When it happened the entire crowd stood up in awe, and the round was called a tie, as it was too close to determine who had been dismounted first.

"Wow" said Alathos as he sat back into his "sudden death time i guess."

The two jousters recovered extremely quickly and both were ready to go again. They both checked everything over before charging, and that round ended with 2 more broken lances, it seemed as though they were dead equals. The match was finally won in the 5th round of sudden death when Gariel dipped his lance low and waited for Yarmer to put his head down, then he brought the lance up high and caught him just enough in the shoulder to tip him off his horse, Yarmer fell gracefully and suffered no major injuries. Gariel was declared a winner, and they two shook hands in the middle of the field.

"Wow" reflected Alathos "That took forrreeeevvvveerrrr, but it was worth it, what a magnificent joust."

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Thu May 15, 2014 8:20 pm

(From Fasilica)

Tyri sucked his teeth as Joffrey gracefully tumbled down. He was annoyed. If only Yarmer had beaten the mercenary. Joffrey would be pissed he lost. Tyri was annoyed that the Fascilians lost. Oh well there was still archery and the melee. The crowd was booing. He stood and said "Now now, gariel won this one. (He nodded to audric as the crowd quiets down.) The world is not fun if we always win! Good luck in the finals." He sat down and let out a stream of curses under his breath. The knights near him were doing the same. Tyri zoned out for the last joust.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Postby Drakmah » Fri May 16, 2014 7:28 pm

The last Joust went exactly as Alathos predicted, well rigged really, Denethor put up a good enough fight in order to make it believable, he let his guard slip at the right time in the right spot and caught a clean unmounting by Gariel, Alathos played his part and expressed disappointment, but when he learned the sum of money he made he couldnt help but smile. He tried to make every trip profitable, and now he could relax as his quota had been filled.

"So umm... ah yes, your grace" asked Alathos "what event do we have the privilege of watching next?"

Ben M
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Sat May 17, 2014 7:08 am

The king looked up when Alathos spoke.

"Tonight is a feast. Tommorrow is archery. Then another feast. Then there is the Meleé. Then a final feast. Now if you will edxcuse me i must check on Leto." Tyri rose and nodded as he left. However he didn't leave in the direct of Leto's tent.

Quazin the Great
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Quazin the Great » Mon May 19, 2014 6:50 am

After his final joust Gariel stripped of his borrowed armor and donned a blood red suit with golf infringement. "Hagirial, brother" he said to his servant after he had dressed, "Let us visit the medical tent. You must translate for me", Hagirial bowed, a hint of a smile touching his lips. "Of course sir, right this way". The two men walked to leto's medical tent.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░
░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓
♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse