NATION

PASSWORD

2015 (Modern world, GA-UN Resolution Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

2015 (Modern world, GA-UN Resolution Thread)

Postby Waztaskio » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

OOC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184
IC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283474
General Assembly Discussion Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=290989#p19540224
Security Council Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=281686

The General Assembly votes on many resolutions brought forth by sponsoring states. These are generally statements symbolizing the sense of the international community about an array of world issues. Most General Assembly resolutions are not enforceable as a legal or practical matter, because the General Assembly lacks enforcement powers with respect to most issues. The General Assembly has authority to make final decisions in some areas such as the United Nations budget.

General Assembly Resolutions are generally non-binding on member states, but carry considerable political weight, and are legally binding towards the operations of the General Assembly. The General Assembly can also refer an issue to the Security Council to put in place a binding resolution.

ONLY USE THIS FOR RESOLUTIONS

What you can do?:
  • Consider and approve the United Nations budget and establish the financial assessments of Member States;
  • Elect the non-permanent members of the Security Council and the members of other United Nations councils and organs and, on the recommendation of the Security Council, appoint the Secretary-General;
  • Consider and make recommendations on the general principles of cooperation for maintaining international peace and security, including disarmament;.
  • Discuss any question relating to international peace and security and, except where a dispute or situation is currently being discussed by the Security Council, make recommendations on it;
  • Discuss, with the same exception, and make recommendations on any questions within the scope of the Charter or affecting the powers and functions of any organ of the United Nations;
  • Initiate studies and make recommendations to promote international political cooperation, the development and codification of international law, the realization of human rights and fundamental freedoms, and international collaboration in the economic, social, humanitarian, cultural, educational and health fields;
  • Make recommendations for the peaceful settlement of any situation that might impair friendly relations among nations;
  • Consider reports from the Security Council and other United Nations organs.

Format for Resolutions:
To:
United Nations,
General Assembly, United States of America

Date: [Insert Date]

United Nations General Assembly Session

[Resolution Number:(0A-100000E depending on additions)]

Preamble

[Insert it here ((This section should provide your reasons for the necessity of your resolutions. Why is your topic something that should be addressed by the United Nations?))]

What you propose?

[Divide into Section's and Subsections to explain your resolution]

What should we expect if this is enacted?

[Insert here((If this is enacted, what do you think will happen to the targeted country?))]

Signed,

[Insert your Name]
[Country Name ((EXAMPLE: United States of America))]

Code: Select all
[table][td][tab=1][/tab][blocktext][floatleft][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uUSCw_OQS7U/UFsbtC43cLI/AAAAAAAAAco/CC_iwH4OOoM/s320/United-nations-UN-flag-picrure.png[/img][/floatleft][align=right][i][b]To:[/b]
United Nations,
General Assembly, United States of America[/i]

[b]Date: [/b][u][Insert Date][/u][/align]
[align=center][b][i]United Nations General Assembly Session[/i][/b][/align]

[align=center][b][i][Resolution Number:(0A-100000E depending on additions)][/i][/b][/align]

[hr][/hr]

[i][size=150][b][align=center]Preamble[/align][/b][/size][/i]

[Insert it here ((This section should provide your reasons for the necessity of your resolutions. Why is your topic something that should be addressed by the United Nations?))]

[i][size=150][b][align=center]What you propose?[/align][/b][/size][/i]

[Divide into Section's and Subsections to explain your resolution]

[i][size=150][b][align=center]What should we expect if this is enacted?[/align][/b][/size][/i]

[Insert here((If this is enacted, what do you think will happen to the targeted country?))]

Signed,
[hr][/hr][i][u][Insert your Name][/u][/i]
[b][Country Name ((EXAMPLE: United States of America))]
[/b][/blocktext][tab=1][/tab][/td][/table]

Rules:
Use the SPOILER tag for talking about your resolution and voting. Much more organization.
Last edited by Waztaskio on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 pm

To:
United Nations,

Date: July 1st, 2015

[Resolution Number:0-23523A]

Preamble

Denmark has seen a radical change from a democracy to a Monarchy, without the People getting a say.

What you propose?

The King of Denmark be declared illegitimate, and the former government restored to power.
Peacekeeper forces to be deployed by neutral states to ensure that this process goes smoothly

Denmark will return the original state.

Signed,

Peter Wittig
Federal Republic of Germany
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Roski wrote:
To:
United Nations,

Date: July 1st, 2015

[Resolution Number:0-23523A]

Preamble

Denmark has seen a radical change from a democracy to a Monarchy, without the People getting a say.

What you propose?

The King of Denmark be declared illegitimate, and the former government restored to power.
Peacekeeper forces to be deployed by neutral states to ensure that this process goes smoothly

Denmark will return the original state.

Signed,

Peter Wittig
Federal Republic of Germany

Moved to discussion thread for voting and discussion: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=290989#p19540224

Grafulk Shayneshall
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grafulk Shayneshall » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:24 pm

To:
United Nations,
General Assembly, United States / People's Republic China

Date: [July Second]

[Resolution Number:1411b

Preamble

In order to prevent the further suffering of innocents, the Folketing has noted that it is necessary to reduce tensions. Therefor, we put forth this bill in hopes of accomplishing this, and securing peace and stability in Northern Europe.
What you propose?

Recognizing
That current events have led to an unacceptable potential for violence in the region. As a democratic and peaceful country, it is our duty to assure the safety of everyone.

Proposing
That
1a. Slesvig be demilitarized, and turned into a territory jointly governed by Kongeriket Danmark, and Bundesrepublik Deutschland
1b. Holsten be demilitarized
2 Danish emergency responders be sent to Berlin and other areas affect by the civil war, in order to assist survivors.
3 A non agression pact be signed between Deutscheland and Danmark
4 The Folketing be allowed to elect a king from Fredrik's sons.

A more stable region, and a greater cooperation on the world stage.

Signed,

Helle Thorning-Schmidt
Kongeriket Danmark
Last edited by Grafulk Shayneshall on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse