NATION

PASSWORD

Martial Magic Episode 1: Beginning of The End

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Martial Magic Episode 1: Beginning of The End

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 am

Many years ago, in a time of great conflict and war, there was a man named Rynhart. Rynhart was a great master of the martial arts, going so far as to awaken his inner powers (now known as chi). Rynhart harnessed his chi, and combined it with his martial arts, creating the first martial magic.

Rynhart eventually and took in two disciples: Gregori and Holden. Gregori was the elder disciple, and had a better grasp of martial magic than Holden, developing his personal martial magic of shadow. Holden, the younger, tried as hard as he could with his martial magic of light.

Eventually, Holden grew strong while Gregori stagnated. Gregori grew jealous of Holden, and performed a ritual meant to give him limitless power. The ritual bestowed Gregori with a nigh-limitless supply of chi, and eternel life. Once Rynhart found out, he banished Gregori from his school. In a fit of rage, Gregori attacked Rynhart, mortally wounding him, then retreating, never to be seen again. Holden discovered Rynhart, and Rynhart tasked Holden, and his lineage, with defending martial magic and the world from Gregori. Then Rynhart passed on.

Centuries later, in the modern age, Holden's descendant Ray founded a school for martial magic on a mountain, close enough to civilization for supplies but far enough for seclusion. He had heard about Gregori, and other martial mages, disturbing the peace worldwide. With haste, he founded the school and invited chi-gifted students to his dojo. People with chi, up till their teenage years, are still malleable in the arts. After they reach the graduating age of high school, the chi, if untrained, will dissipate, and you will become normal. So he invited teens and children, and did all he could to gather a force to train and protect these children while they grow in power, for they are humanity's last hope.

OOC

Ray flung open the doors of the dojo, or at least, that's what it looked like on the outside. Or maybe more of an Asian palace? The "school" was a huge compound on a hill, with buildings, dorms, and classrooms residing along the hillside. One could see the town in the distance, though Ray could not remember the name for the life of him. It was somewhere outside New York, he knew that.

Anyways, waiting outside were the students who had woken up earlier, eager to learn. or not. He recognized James, the earth MMA fighter from Oklahoma, who enjoyed roughing up other students. Jase, the street-fighting electricity mage. Nice kid, entertaining too. Alejandro, a user of the Southern Dragon Claw and fire magic, from the southwest. Or maybe Mexico? He could be from outside the US, but he speaks English well enough. And Ai, one of his few female students, and from China too! She used many Chinese martial arts, and spacial magic. He still hasn't seen the full extent of her powers.

Regardless, he began to speak to the students, known and unknown. "Good morning students. If you could not tell, I am Ray Williams, and welcome again to the Martial Magic Academy. Here, the instructors and I will help you to master your unique skills, and make you stronger, for whatever your purpose may be." He still hadn't told them about Gregori. Children shouldn't be troubled by such worries. "Now, if you all will follow me to the main hall? We shall begin there." He folded his arms and walked inside.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:49 am

Alejandro looked around admiring the scenery. He always thought oriental style buildings and designs were quite interesting. He followed Ray "So, what's the deal? One second I'm running and the next someone's getting robbed and I immolate the guy. I mean a few broken bones wouldn't worked, but I don't think 3rd degree burns over 65% of his body was... Ah what's the word? JUSTIFIED! That's the word! Justified!" Alejandro shouts. He was almost always in a decent mood. There were a couple times where his anger got the best of him, but for the most part he vent via shouting. "It looks like ya got some kids here. I certainly hope you're not planning on doing something stupid! Because-Because, these are impressionable youngsters. They should be in school learning about... what the capital of Idaho is or some stupid triangle bullcrap!" Alejandro droned on and on.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alejandro looked around admiring the scenery. He always thought oriental style buildings and designs were quite interesting. He followed Ray "So, what's the deal? One second I'm running and the next someone's getting robbed and I immolate the guy. I mean a few broken bones wouldn't worked, but I don't think 3rd degree burns over 65% of his body was... Ah what's the word? JUSTIFIED! That's the word! Justified!" Alejandro shouts. He was almost always in a decent mood. There were a couple times where his anger got the best of him, but for the most part he vent via shouting. "It looks like ya got some kids here. I certainly hope you're not planning on doing something stupid! Because-Because, these are impressionable youngsters. They should be in school learning about... what the capital of Idaho is or some stupid triangle bullcrap!" Alejandro droned on and on.

"All will be made clear in good time, Alejandro. And these 'children' will learn their schoolwork. As will you. Since you cannot, or rather would not like to, go to town everyday to learn, there are educational learning facilities located here too." He gestures to the left, at a grouping of 4-5 buildings clumped together. "Those are for your normal education. That is the western edge of the compound. The martial arts facilities are located northwards, the magecraft facilities eastward, and the domestic area is to the south. By 'domestic,' I mean your living quarters, as you should know by now. They contain a bed, lavatory, small kitchen, a desk for your schoolwork, and enough room to practice your arts. " Ray continued walking to the dojo, speaking more to the newcomers than to Alejandro now.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Ray flung open the doors of the dojo, or at least, that's what it looked like on the outside. Or maybe more of an Asian palace? The "school" was a huge compound on a hill, with buildings, dorms, and classrooms residing along the hillside. One could see the town in the distance, though Ray could not remember the name for the life of him. It was somewhere outside New York, he knew that.

Anyways, waiting outside were the students who had woken up earlier, eager to learn. or not. He recognized James, the earth MMA fighter from Oklahoma, who enjoyed roughing up other students. Jase, the street-fighting electricity mage. Nice kid, entertaining too. Alejandro, a user of the Southern Dragon Claw and fire magic, from the southwest. Or maybe Mexico? He could be from outside the US, but he speaks English well enough. And Ai, one of his few female students, and from China too! She used many Chinese martial arts, and spacial magic. He still hasn't seen the full extent of her powers.

Regardless, he began to speak to the students, known and unknown. "Good morning students. If you could not tell, I am Ray Williams, and welcome again to the Martial Magic Academy. Here, the instructors and I will help you to master your unique skills, and make you stronger, for whatever your purpose may be." He still hadn't told them about Gregori. Children shouldn't be troubled by such worries. "Now, if you all will follow me to the main hall? We shall begin there." He folded his arms and walked inside.

Ai was gladdened by the familiar architecture featured by the school. She had never been out of China before, so coming here was a decision that she had to made with a heavy heart. However she and her family had agreed that she needed to learn about how to utilize her abilities to better help her family in the long run. Though they do not trust about this man that seemingly appeared out of no where offering to tutor her about her powers, she had little choice in the matter. As the teacher led them in, she politely made her way into the school when one of the other students started asking him about their curriculum. She listened eagerly without looking at both of them directly as she followed, her steps soft, silent and graceful. It would be impolite for her to simply... what was the term, ah yes, "butt in" in the middle of a conversation.
MTG RP: The Academy (Co-OP) IC/OOC
The Beginning of a Paradox (Co-Op) IC/OOC
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC
MTG; Fakey Fakerness of Cards

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 am

Nothrend wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Ray flung open the doors of the dojo, or at least, that's what it looked like on the outside. Or maybe more of an Asian palace? The "school" was a huge compound on a hill, with buildings, dorms, and classrooms residing along the hillside. One could see the town in the distance, though Ray could not remember the name for the life of him. It was somewhere outside New York, he knew that.

Ai was gladdened by the familiar architecture featured by the school. She had never been out of China before, so coming here was a decision that she had to made with a heavy heart. However she and her family had agreed that she needed to learn about how to utilize her abilities to better help her family in the long run. Though they do not trust about this man that seemingly appeared out of no where offering to tutor her about her powers, she had little choice in the matter. As the teacher led them in, she politely made her way into the school when one of the other students started asking him about their curriculum. She listened eagerly without looking at both of them directly as she followed, her steps soft, silent and graceful. It would be impolite for her to simply... what was the term, ah yes, "butt in" in the middle of a conversation.

Upon reaching the dojo, the doors opened for the group and everyone walked in. Ray walked across the room, to a shrine for the founder of Martial Magic: Rynhart. The shrine also had a copy of Ray's amulet, which acts as a communication device between teachers and alerts Ray only on the status of Gregori. Speaking of... "Everyone, I nearly forgot. I will need all of you to demonstrate your arts to me. I need to understand your abilities, and place you in according classes. The education will be taken from your previous school, but this must be graded personally. After completion of this, you will receive an amulet like mine, but without the colored gem. Your gem will be clear, until you display your powers. Then, it will become the color of your magic. Don't worry about how, just approach when ready, one at a time, and show me your power."

Ray beckoned behind him, and an instructor appeared from behind a screen door. "I'm Anthony Corbin. I'll be one of your instructors at MMA. I'll also be assessing you right now. So come at me." Anthony lowered himself into a fighting stance, waiting for a student to approach.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Nothrend wrote:

Upon reaching the dojo, the doors opened for the group and everyone walked in. Ray walked across the room, to a shrine for the founder of Martial Magic: Rynhart. The shrine also had a copy of Ray's amulet, which acts as a communication device between teachers and alerts Ray only on the status of Gregori. Speaking of... "Everyone, I nearly forgot. I will need all of you to demonstrate your arts to me. I need to understand your abilities, and place you in according classes. The education will be taken from your previous school, but this must be graded personally. After completion of this, you will receive an amulet like mine, but without the colored gem. Your gem will be clear, until you display your powers. Then, it will become the color of your magic. Don't worry about how, just approach when ready, one at a time, and show me your power."

Ray beckoned behind him, and an instructor appeared from behind a screen door. "I'm Anthony Walker. I'll be one of your instructors at MMA. I'll also be assessing you right now. So come at me." Anthony lowered himself into a fighting stance, waiting for a student to approach.

"More school work? I graduated highschool to get AWAY from all the crap! I was going to be a sheriff until I started shootin' fire outta my hands. You know how hard it will be to hold a gun if my hands light the gunpowder?! VERY! I could lose my hand!" He says making wild hand gestures. "Alright. I'll go first." He says. "So, do I show you my powers by fighting this guy or just do it? Best I can do right now is the old Bugs Bunny thing. Y'know? With his thumb and usually uses it to light a cigarette? Actually, I can shoot sparks if I wave my hand hard enough." He says and sees Mr. Corbin. "Alright. So we do some high octane fighting stuff?" Alejandro says and gets into his fighting stance. Feet firm but ready to kick and his hands in front of his chest similar to claws ready to grab and twist.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Upon reaching the dojo, the doors opened for the group and everyone walked in. Ray walked across the room, to a shrine for the founder of Martial Magic: Rynhart. The shrine also had a copy of Ray's amulet, which acts as a communication device between teachers and alerts Ray only on the status of Gregori. Speaking of... "Everyone, I nearly forgot. I will need all of you to demonstrate your arts to me. I need to understand your abilities, and place you in according classes. The education will be taken from your previous school, but this must be graded personally. After completion of this, you will receive an amulet like mine, but without the colored gem. Your gem will be clear, until you display your powers. Then, it will become the color of your magic. Don't worry about how, just approach when ready, one at a time, and show me your power."

Ray beckoned behind him, and an instructor appeared from behind a screen door. "I'm Anthony Walker. I'll be one of your instructors at MMA. I'll also be assessing you right now. So come at me." Anthony lowered himself into a fighting stance, waiting for a student to approach.

"More school work? I graduated highschool to get AWAY from all the crap! I was going to be a sheriff until I started shootin' fire outta my hands. You know how hard it will be to hold a gun if my hands light the gunpowder?! VERY! I could lose my hand!" He says making wild hand gestures. "Alright. I'll go first." He says. "So, do I show you my powers by fighting this guy or just do it? Best I can do right now is the old Bugs Bunny thing. Y'know? With his thumb and usually uses it to light a cigarette? Actually, I can shoot sparks if I wave my hand hard enough." He says and sees Mr. Walker. "Alright. So we do some high octane fighting stuff?" Alejandro says and gets into his fighting stance. Feet firm but ready to kick and his hands in front of his chest similar to claws ready to grab and twist.

She was quite interested when Mr. Ray described about the arcane amulet having the ability to attune to her power. She had heard of such artefacts, but she was not sure where from. Perhaps from her grandfather, who had taught her of her martial arts and all that she know about the world hidden under technology. When the instructor appeared to test the students, she was going to volunteer to go first. But when the boy known as Alejandro decided to go first, she took back the step that she was going to take. Perhaps she was too eager. Regardless, observing what the instructor could do would be wise.
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Tony stayed in his position. "You first. I'll at least give you students that courtesy."

Ray chuckled behind them. This may even be entertaining, he thought.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Friederike stayed quiet as the group was being shown around the dojo. Even though her scowl remained the constant facial expression, she was rather impressed with the decorations of the place. It was a huge step up from the crumy gym she had stayed at for the last 6 years or so. The smell of sweat and old socks was replaced by a sweet flowery fragrance. The only indicator of her former slum life was the grimy leather jacket she wore and her mud covered shit-kickers.

As they were getting a tour, Freddy made mental notes of everyone who was around her. To here, none of them really looked all that promising. Freddy was more masculine that the other females in the group so they weren't a threat. The boys didn't look like accomplished fighters and only one of them was well tone. She bet that none of them grew up in the streets and she knew that she had the beat when it come to aggression and brutality. When Ray announced that they would be showing him their skills, Freddy gave a slight smirk.

Finally an opportunity to scare the shit out of them. Freddy thought to herself as she watched the first volunteer demonstrate his fighting style.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Alejandro moved quickly and grabbed Tony's right wrist while at the same time swinging his right foot into the bend of Tony's leg.

Vrijeme
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Jase Dianli stood near the back of the group, absorbing everything being said by Ray and the other students. He was especially impressed by the dojo. He watched with excitement as the first student, Alejandro, walked up to fight the teacher. Electricity began to crackle along his arms. Jase could feel it, but didn't care, his adrenaline fueling it. He just smiled and waited his turned, his hair standing on end and electricity coursing through him.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:49 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alejandro moved quickly and grabbed Tony's right wrist while at the same time swinging his right foot into the bend of Tony's leg.

Tony fell with the leg sweep, but he made sure to pull Alejandro's arm away from him while he did, effectively throwing Alejandro across the room from his starting position. He rolled with him, using Alejandro's weight to carry him, and landed opposite him.

"Good, good." Ray said. "You can use your powers, but for those of you coming next, please alert us to your powers. I don't want anyone getting too hurt."

Tony reached into his back pocket, and popped open a switchblade.

"Tony can control metal. Oh but Tony, don't hurt them too badly."

"No promises." Tony replied gruffly.

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

James Paulson stood beside the girl in the leather jacket, quirking an eyebrow at Ray. "This'll be just like home with my ol' man," he said quietly, grinning slightly. He wore a black shirt with faded jeans that had seen better days. His old, worn leather cowboy boots let out a loud thunk when ever he took a step. Paulson scratched the stubble on his cheeks and chin, watching as Alajandro demonstrated his fighting style and skills.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:59 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alejandro moved quickly and grabbed Tony's right wrist while at the same time swinging his right foot into the bend of Tony's leg.

Tony fell with the leg sweep, but he made sure to pull Alejandro's arm away from him while he did, effectively throwing Alejandro across the room from his starting position. He rolled with him, using Alejandro's weight to carry him, and landed opposite him.

"Good, good." Ray said. "You can use your powers, but for those of you coming next, please alert us to your powers. I don't want anyone getting too hurt."

"Alright. This time I'm going to use mine. Although I only can do the one which is more... flashy. You'll see." He says and immolates his hands. "A switchblade? What kinda crazy ass school is this?!" He says and flings his hands at Tony only letting out sparks and a lot of smoke. "Burn! BURN!" He says and the fire starts to spread up his arms. The flames felt good. Really good. The center of the flame coming from his hand condensed and instead of him throwing sparks he through a sphere roughly twice the size of a baseball at Tony.

Vrijeme
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:08 pm

A man walked into the dojo wearing green outfit which looked like it belonged to a sensei of a karate dojo. He had a small, black mustache and goatee, as well as a long ponytail braided down his back. He wore flat, brown shoes and had an air of calm and peace around him. The man walked into the dojo and took his place beside Ray. He bowed slightly.

"Sorry I am late," he said, "I had lost myself in meditation. I assume we are sparring with the students?"

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:31 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Tony fell with the leg sweep, but he made sure to pull Alejandro's arm away from him while he did, effectively throwing Alejandro across the room from his starting position. He rolled with him, using Alejandro's weight to carry him, and landed opposite him.

"Alright. This time I'm going to use mine. Although I only can do the one which is more... flashy. You'll see." He says and immolates his hands. "A switchblade? What kinda crazy ass school is this?!" He says and flings his hands at Tony only letting out sparks and a lot of smoke. "Burn! BURN!" He says and the fire starts to spread up his arms. The flames felt good. Really good. The center of the flame coming from his hand condensed and instead of him throwing sparks he through a sphere roughly twice the size of a baseball at Tony.

Tony swung his blade at the fire, turning the blade into a small wall to block it. The fire stuck to the steel, and Tony condensed the fire inside a sphere of metal, snuffing it out. He then rushed at Alejandro, pulling his right arm forward, sliding behind him, and putting the reformed blade to his throat. It was still warm.

"Done." He said simply. Removing the blade and pocketing it, he spun Alejandro around to talk. "You seem capable, but your weakness is control. That was a fine move in the beginning, but you need to keep stable even if thrown. Also, remember that martial magic is meant to be used with martial arts, so perhaps coming at me with your flaming fists would have been a good follow-up to the fireball. Overall, you did well." Tony bowed, and then stepped back over to Ray.

"Alrighty then!" Ray said cheerfully. "Who's next? You can choose any of the present instructors to spar with." Ray noticed Ishi come in. "Ah Ishi. You're just in time. You just missed a sparring between Tony and Alejandro here." He gestured to the two combatants. "Fine match, and now it is another student's turn."

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Tony swung his blade at the fire, turning the blade into a small wall to block it. The fire stuck to the steel, and Tony condensed the fire inside a sphere of metal, snuffing it out. He then rushed at Alejandro, pulling his right arm forward, sliding behind him, and putting the reformed blade to his throat. It was still warm.

"Done." He said simply. Removing the blade and pocketing it, he spun Alejandro around to talk. "You seem capable, but your weakness is control. That was a fine move in the beginning, but you need to keep stable even if thrown. Also, remember that martial magic is meant to be used with martial arts, so perhaps coming at me with your flaming fists would have been a good follow-up to the fireball. Overall, you did well." Tony bowed, and then stepped back over to Ray.

"Alrighty then!" Ray said cheerfully. "Who's next? You can choose any of the present instructors to spar with." Ray noticed Ishi come in. "Ah Ishi. You're just in time. You just missed a sparring between Tony and Alejandro here." He gestured to the two combatants. "Fine match, and now it is another student's turn."

"Considering I've only ever been in one fight with a guy who had no idea what he was doing I'd say that went well! Yeah yeah.... Fire burns and I like watching it." He mutters standing back up and walking off the ring. "You just wait until I figure out how this fire thing works!" He shouts.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:45 pm

"This one will be honoured to go next," Ai bowed to Ray and Tony as she approached the place that Alejandro and Tony had just sparred on. She had seen what the instructor could do - not nearly enough, but if it was just sparring then she had no need to go full force in this one. This would be a great time to train herself against a metal user as well. But then again, she had always been willing to try new things. Risks would always elevate her skills to another level and thus, she picked the instructor that had just came in.

She approached the man in the green garb and bowed again, "I will be honoured if you will spar with me, master." Some slight distant away, she prepared herself as she extended both her arms with her palms facing downward, and both feet rooted on the floor. However, as soon as she'd done that, her entire form gave others the feeling as if she became wind and water - fluid yet formless. "My name is Ai, and my power is most appropriately described as 'Space'." Her voice soft, but filled with confidence.
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC

Vrijeme
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Nothrend wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Tony swung his blade at the fire, turning the blade into a small wall to block it. The fire stuck to the steel, and Tony condensed the fire inside a sphere of metal, snuffing it out. He then rushed at Alejandro, pulling his right arm forward, sliding behind him, and putting the reformed blade to his throat. It was still warm.

"This one will be honoured to go next," Ai bowed to Ray and Tony as she approached the place that Alejandro and Tony had just sparred on. She had seen what the instructor could do - not nearly enough, but if it was just sparring then she had no need to go full force in this one. This would be a great time to train herself against a metal user as well. But then again, she had always been willing to try new things. Risks would always elevate her skills to another level and thus, she picked the instructor that had just came in.

She approached the man in the green garb and bowed again, "I will be honoured if you will spar with me, master." Some slight distant away, she prepared herself as she extended both her arms with her palms facing downward, and both feet rooted on the floor. However, as soon as she'd done that, her entire form gave others the feeling as if she became wind and water - fluid yet formless. "My name is Ai, and my power is most appropriately described as 'Space'." Her voice soft, but filled with confidence.

Ishi smiled, nodding slightly, then taking his place on the mat. He jumped into the air and landed in a Hung gar stance. The laid-back look in his eyes was soon replaced by one of determination. His eyes lit up in a smile, while his face remained blank. Daqiu would save the pleasantries for after the sparring session, for now, he would simply be the teacher. He gestured for her to make the first move.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Vrijeme wrote:Ishi smiled, nodding slightly, then taking his place on the mat. He jumped into the air and landed in a Hung gar stance. The laid-back look in his eyes was soon replaced by one of determination. His eyes lit up in a smile, while his face remained blank. Daqiu would save the pleasantries for after the sparring session, for now, he would simply be the teacher. He gestured for her to make the first move.

Ai watched his move, and could at least deduce that this teacher is a user of Hung Kar Kuen, a type of hard martial arts from the south of China. From Canton, to be exact. Now, to understand which Hung Kar Kuen form he used. As he motioned her to move first, she smiled and nodded. She darted a step forward, and her palm blasted towards his abdomen. No tricks, it was a direct and no nonsense attack.
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC

Vrijeme
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Nothrend wrote:
Vrijeme wrote:Ishi smiled, nodding slightly, then taking his place on the mat. He jumped into the air and landed in a Hung gar stance. The laid-back look in his eyes was soon replaced by one of determination. His eyes lit up in a smile, while his face remained blank. Daqiu would save the pleasantries for after the sparring session, for now, he would simply be the teacher. He gestured for her to make the first move.

Ai watched his move, and could at least deduce that this teacher is a user of Hung Kar Kuen, a type of hard martial arts from the south of China. From Canton, to be exact. Now, to understand which Hung Kar Kuen form he used. As he motioned her to move first, she smiled and nodded. She darted a step forward, and her palm blasted towards his abdomen. No tricks, it was a direct and no nonsense attack.

Ishi took a quick step back, bringing his arms together and up, a wall of earth rising. The blast was strong enough to breath the wall, but not to get past it. Wan smirked and took a step forward, pivoting on his right foot and slamming his left foot hard onto the floor. A chunk of rock, about twice the size of his head, jumped into the air and was met with a kick from the warrior. The rock went flying towards Ai. Ishi quickly ran forward, using the earth to propel him into the air. He landed on the other side of her, ready to see what she would do, face him or deflect the rock. Somehow, he had a feeling she would find a way to do both, she seemed resourceful to him, but that was just his perception.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Vrijeme wrote:
Nothrend wrote:

Ishi took a quick step back, bringing his arms together and up, a wall of earth rising. The blast was strong enough to breath the wall, but not to get past it. Wan smirked and took a step forward, pivoting on his right foot and slamming his left foot hard onto the floor. A chunk of rock, about twice the size of his head, jumped into the air and was met with a kick from the warrior. The rock went flying towards Ai. Ishi quickly ran forward, using the earth to propel him into the air. He landed on the other side of her, ready to see what she would do, face him or deflect the rock. Somehow, he had a feeling she would find a way to do both, she seemed resourceful to him, but that was just his perception.

As a wall of earth rose before her, her smile did not change as she struck the wall with her palm. The wall did not even cracked as her palm strike connected, but that was not her intention anyway. The wall was not going to stop her though. She gracefully jumped and scaled up the wall, just in time to see a giant rock flying towards her from down below. Clever. She extended her palms towards the rock flying towards her, and with a pull-then-push motion she redirected the rock from ramming towards her to ram into Ishi, whom she noticed was now on the other side of the wall. As soon as the rock left flying towards him, she jumped down from the wall and then set up her stance again, arms extended and palms downward. The wall blocked her sight so she couldn't see the form that he used, but by the looks of it he had already melded his powers with his martial arts. This would be... difficult. But Tai Chi Quan was not an offensive type of martial arts. She would have to bide her time and seize opportunities as they present themselves.
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC

Vrijeme
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Nothrend wrote:
Vrijeme wrote:

As a wall of earth rose before her, her smile did not change as she struck the wall with her palm. The wall did not even cracked as her palm strike connected, but that was not her intention anyway. The wall was not going to stop her though. She gracefully jumped and scaled up the wall, just in time to see a giant rock flying towards her from down below. Clever. She extended her palms towards the rock flying towards her, and with a pull-then-push motion she redirected the rock from ramming towards her to ram into Ishi, whom she noticed was now on the other side of the wall. As soon as the rock left flying towards him, she jumped down from the wall and then set up her stance again, arms extended and palms downward. The wall blocked her sight so she couldn't see the form that he used, but by the looks of it he had already melded his powers with his martial arts. This would be... difficult. But Tai Chi Quan was not an offensive type of martial arts. She would have to bide her time and seize opportunities as they present themselves.

He smiled as the rock connected with his fist, shattering into pebbles. Ishi placed both hands on the wall of rock and began to push, slowling building momentum. Soon, he had enough and with a swift kick, the wall was sent sliding towards Ai. Ishi planted his feet firmly into the ground, bent his knees and brought his hands up. His left hand was open, as his left side was the side towards the wall, grabbing at it through the earth. Daqiu closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the earth, and waiting. At the last second, he would pull back and clench his fist, turning the wall into dust. That was the plan anyway, but it all depended on how Ai reacted.
Last edited by Vrijeme on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Vrijeme wrote:
Nothrend wrote:

He smiled as the rock connected with his fist, shattering into pebbles. Ishi placed both hands on the wall of rock and began to push, slowling building momentum. Soon, he had enough and with a swift kick, the wall was sent sliding towards Ai. Ishi planted his feet firmly into the ground, bent his knees and brought his hands up. His left hand was open, as his left side was the side towards the wall, grabbing at it through the earth. Daqiu closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the earth, and waiting. At the last second, he would pull back and clench his fist, turning the wall into dust. That was the plan anyway, but it all depended on how Ai reacted.

As soon as she saw the wall sliding towards her, all she could think was how direct his attacks had been. No imagination at all. At last moment the wall was going to hit her, she triggered her power. Space. She could feel herself exist between life and death, existence and destruction. She blasted forward with speed as the wall went through her. Visually, it was like the wall passed through a hologram. She could only be in that form and phase out in a few seconds - and if she couldn't, she would have been forcefully ejected and be blown away by the resulting force. As she phased back into existence, her palm thrust forward towards her teacher. This would likely be her final move for the spar.
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC

Vrijeme
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Nothrend wrote:
Vrijeme wrote:

As soon as she saw the wall sliding towards her, all she could think was how direct his attacks had been. No imagination at all. At last moment the wall was going to hit her, she triggered her power. Space. She could feel herself exist between life and death, existence and destruction. She blasted forward with speed as the wall went through her. Visually, it was like the wall passed through a hologram. She could only be in that form and phase out in a few seconds - and if she couldn't, she would have been forcefully ejected and be blown away by the resulting force. As she phased back into existence, her palm thrust forward towards her teacher. This would likely be her final move for the spar.

He had been unprepared for what had just occurred. Ishi's plan had been to press her against the wall, but stop stone just as it touched her nose. This was unexpected. He nodded his approval and smiled, until she thrust her palm towards him. He was sent flying back, away from Ai. As he flew through the air, he managed to connect his mind to the earth behind her and pull them towards him, thus towards her. They would rise as pillars and clasp around her wrists, should everything go right. Wan felt himself falling and braced from impact. As he touched the ground, he rolled, ending on one knee.

"Impressive." he said.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse