NATION

PASSWORD

Martial Magic OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serious question. Would you all rather:

A) Create more characters yourselves.
26%
B) Invite more people to MMA.
21%
C) A and B.
53%
D) Not have an evil school (if so, explain why).
No votes

Total votes : 19

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Fesconia wrote:
*Sees cookie thief* "You are to be arrested for committing the most terrible crime ever imaginable- 'you stole a cookie'. Catch that cookie thief! And since I discovered the thief, I shall get a fair share of the cookies. 90% would be a good amount.

You'll never convict me! *Eats cookie* Now the evidence is gone!

*Tackles cookie thief and does CPR without the mouth to mouth until cookie flys out of mouth. Grabs the cookie from the air then runs.* I've got the cookie now!

Fesconia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fesconia » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:16 pm

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You'll never convict me! *Eats cookie* Now the evidence is gone!

*Tackles cookie thief and does CPR without the mouth to mouth until cookie flys out of mouth. Grabs the cookie from the air then runs.* I've got the cookie now!

"Hey! Now you stole the cookie. I want it! It's not fair!" *runs after new cookie thief.*

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Glovania wrote:
Volvek wrote:Can you explain what you mean by crystal manipulation and mimicry?

Manipulation is basically the creation, shaping and general manipulation of crystal, mimicry is having a body made up of crystal - but not all the time, only when she wants to be.

I dunno about that.. I mean, being able to create them from nothing seems kind of GM'ish if you ask me, as well as being able to change the entire body in to it. Mostly because crystal is one of the hardest substances on the planet, and would make him almost impossible to be hurt or even die.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Volvek wrote:
Glovania wrote:Manipulation is basically the creation, shaping and general manipulation of crystal, mimicry is having a body made up of crystal - but not all the time, only when she wants to be.

I dunno about that.. I mean, being able to create them from nothing seems kind of GM'ish if you ask me, as well as being able to change the entire body in to it. Mostly because crystal is one of the hardest substances on the planet, and would make him almost impossible to be hurt or even die.

True but say you add a laser or intense heat and pressure would destroy it maybe even high intense water pressure ( maybe not the last one) but vol is right though I would just take away the mimicry but for the manipulation say keep it but tone it down a bit.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 pm

I dunno, I mean being able to create crystals would basically be a free ticket to infinite wealth even though that probably wasn't your intent. Plus that would be unbreakable weapons and armor
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"

Glovania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Volvek wrote:I dunno, I mean being able to create crystals would basically be a free ticket to infinite wealth even though that probably wasn't your intent. Plus that would be unbreakable weapons and armor

Thought it might be. How about no mimicry, and manipulation means that she can only expand/create from existing crystal - so if there's a sapphire (for example) she could create more sapphire, but not - say - emerald - as long as physical contact with the existing sapphire is maintained.

Never thought about the infinite wealth part. Oh well - I needed a way to make my own weapons - ie not having to carry them around, but having them when needed - and I've always had a thing for crystal-based powers/magic.
Last edited by Glovania on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by Bernard Montgomery, 24 March 1976, eight times in total.

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Glovania wrote:
Volvek wrote:I dunno, I mean being able to create crystals would basically be a free ticket to infinite wealth even though that probably wasn't your intent. Plus that would be unbreakable weapons and armor

Thought it might be. How about no mimicry, and manipulation means that she can only expand/create from existing crystal - so if there's a sapphire (for example) she could create more sapphire, but not - say - emerald - as long as physical contact with the existing sapphire is maintained.

Never thought about the infinite wealth part. Oh well - I needed a way to make my own weapons - ie not having to carry them around, but having them when needed - and I've always had a thing for crystal-based powers/magic.

Well since crystals are solids the really limits the weapons used to like blades javelins and chains. Maybe cross bows but i really don't think that'll work bows and Long distance weapons are out of the question and guns. With defense I truly don't think making shield could be harmful but expanding shaping and contracting the crystal should take some time depending on the size. So that'll be a huge draw back in battle. Also you could calculate wight if you want.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Both of those ideas would make it more acceptable.

Netherholm
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Netherholm » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Name:Endan Johnson
Appearance (pics are OK): 4'8", black hair, brown eyes, skinny
Home (country/state & city): Tupelo, MS, US
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Taekwondo the art in general emphasizes kicks and punches thrown from a mobile stance. Taekwondo training generally includes a system of blocks, kicks, punches, and open-handed strikes and may also include various take-downs or sweeps, throws, and joint locks. Pressure points, known as jiapsul, are used, as well as grappling self-defense techniques borrowed from other martial arts such as Japanese judo, Korean hapkido, and Korean wrestling or ssireum.
Element of Magic: Chi/Qi manipulation
Personality:naive and friendly, serious in class but playful outside of it
Short Bio: Endan was born in a normal lower middle class family and for the most part had a pretty peaceful childhood. His older sister began to take Taekwondo 5 years ago, and Endan ended up joining shortly after. Endan ended up being naturally talented at Taekwondo and became quite good at it. Endan's power awakened one day when he was sparring and his opponent suddenly went rigid in the middle of the match. At the same time his opponent froze, Endan felt a great strain, and his opponent regained mobility. Endan decided to ignore the incident but shortly after that more incidents began to happen. Endan finally received an invitation from the academy, which he accepted in hopes that he could get better control over his power.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Netherholm wrote:Name:Endan Johnson
Appearance (pics are OK): 4'8", black hair, brown eyes, skinny
Home (country/state & city): Tupelo, MS, US
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Taekwondo the art in general emphasizes kicks and punches thrown from a mobile stance. Taekwondo training generally includes a system of blocks, kicks, punches, and open-handed strikes and may also include various take-downs or sweeps, throws, and joint locks. Pressure points, known as jiapsul, are used, as well as grappling self-defense techniques borrowed from other martial arts such as Japanese judo, Korean hapkido, and Korean wrestling or ssireum.
Element of Magic: Chi/Qi manipulation
Personality:naive and friendly, serious in class but playful outside of it
Short Bio: Endan was born in a normal lower middle class family and for the most part had a pretty peaceful childhood. His older sister began to take Taekwondo 5 years ago, and Endan ended up joining shortly after. Endan ended up being naturally talented at Taekwondo and became quite good at it. Endan's power awakened one day when he was sparring and his opponent suddenly went rigid in the middle of the match. At the same time his opponent froze, Endan felt a great strain, and his opponent regained mobility. Endan decided to ignore the incident but shortly after that more incidents began to happen. Endan finally received an invitation from the academy, which he accepted in hopes that he could get better control over his power.

We can have ten year olds why has no one told me about this

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm not sure about Chi manipulation.. Or the age.

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Volvek wrote:I'm not sure about Chi manipulation.. Or the age.

Just checked it said something like this on the first page teenage years and high school. Unless a teacher. So the power I have no clue
Last edited by BlackDeath27 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 pm

Glov, I believe you were here earlier, and we could recover your character if you wanted.

Netherholm, it's nice to see you back from the graveyard, but that power doesn't work. Chi is what let's others use their powers, and if you could manipulate that you could stop powers. Qi is something entirely different here, and that would be the stopping of bodily functions. Both are things I deem OP, and the age might be accepted. Out of reverence to our history together.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Glov, I believe you were here earlier, and we could recover your character if you wanted.

Netherholm, it's nice to see you back from the graveyard, but that power doesn't work. Chi is what let's others use their powers, and if you could manipulate that you could stop powers. Qi is something entirely different here, and that would be the stopping of bodily functions. Both are things I deem OP, and the age might be accepted. Out of reverence to our history together.

Perhaps. I'm surprised you remembered me. Eh what the hell - I was the awkward guy wasn't I?

West Aurelia wrote:Three times more Americans have married Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola. I'm not worried.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:07 am

Glovania wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Glov, I believe you were here earlier, and we could recover your character if you wanted.

Perhaps. I'm surprised you remembered me. Eh what the hell - I was the awkward guy wasn't I?

That wanted to go out with Kaya <3

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:27 am

Volvek wrote:
Glovania wrote:Perhaps. I'm surprised you remembered me. Eh what the hell - I was the awkward guy wasn't I?

That wanted to go out with Kaya <3

Oh shit, yeah! Don't think I will revive him tho, mainly for that reason.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:29 am

Daw.. But he was adorable. :C

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:36 am

My plan just crashed and burned

Glovania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glovania » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:34 am

Volvek wrote:Daw.. But he was adorable. :C

I'll bring him back if you want... Hooray for awkwardness!

Fesconia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fesconia » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:54 am

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Volvek wrote:I'm not sure about Chi manipulation.. Or the age.

Just checked it said something like this on the first page teenage years and high school. Unless a teacher. So the power I have no clue

It says the age must be between 8 and 19 in the rules-

The Templar High Council wrote:You must be between the ages of 8 and 19. Older people have no chi to train, and younger are too young.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I have no idea what to post...
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:I have no idea what to post...

Well where is your person at

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:I have no idea what to post...

Well where is your person at

Memoir's out on the courtyard shooting targets with his airsoft guns, and Havyril's in his room smoking.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

BlackDeath27
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
BlackDeath27 wrote:Well where is your person at

Memoir's out on the courtyard shooting targets with his airsoft guns, and Havyril's in his room smoking.

How about going to the dojo or cafeteria to pass the time I am waiting on vol to respond to my jack post and I think I still need to post for Alice for temp.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:08 pm

BlackDeath27 wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

How about going to the dojo or cafeteria to pass the time I am waiting on vol to respond to my jack post and I think I still need to post for Alice for temp.

HAve Memoir go bug Jack some more? Sounds fun.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse