NATION

PASSWORD

2014-The Real World IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

2014-The Real World IC

Postby Limborg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:25 am

OOC:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289898

Remember:
Put the date in your post
Put a flag in your post (please don't use a flag that covers half your post)

We will start at June 1st 2014

Karthalia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Karthalia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 am

The Republic of the Philippines

June 1st, 2014

The Philippines.... the Pearl in the Orient... such beauty.. but look what we've made of her. Years of Pollution, Wars and Politics ravaged her once grandeur it's only a matter of time tha- The President was suddenly interrupted by his Sister. Kris.. what are you doing here? Im just here to announce that i'm leaving my celebrity life and become a... you guess it let me guess.. Politics? His brother Replied Gets mo' na? she told his brother in a boisterous Manner. Kris' alam mo na ba na meron akong tungkulin? he Asked her in their Native Language.. Fine im leaving... she replied.

Hours Later....

Mr. President! ABS-CBN is here to ask a question. Is it live?.. the President asked Yes it is.. his Secretary replied. Then let them in!.. Afterwards the President prepared himself for the Incoming Interview. Alberto (Philippine Foreign Minister), can you please confirm that we are buying Two More Hamilton class frigates? Yes sir. in-fact we already prepared the Money needed for two more Corvettes. Alberto replied. Good.. then the President is about to enter the room full of Press....
well...

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:17 am

State of Israel, June 1st, 2014

A public conference happened in Tel Aviv to discuss the current events in Syria. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu proclaimed a speech about Israel's stance in Syrian civil war and the defense of Israel's interests in Golan Heights.

"Our nation is seeing the continuing violence in Syria as a threat to our positions and interests in the Golan Heights, a core part of the State of Israel. Our Minister of Defense says there are reports of fighting near the Hebrew-Syrian Border and even attacks against our border guards. To protect our citizens and interests in the Golan Heights, we ordered to send our military to keep safety in the region.

12,000 Israel soldiers were sent to rebase in Golan and patrol the territory. There were already reports of fighting between the Free Syria Army and Israel Defense Forces.

Also, in Golan Heights, various petroleum companies started the exploitation of oil reserves in the region. There is an estimated 2 million cubic meters worth of oil reserves in the region, and Israel's economical freedom and protection attracted oil companies.
Hannibal Lecter's Inspiration of the AXIS PACT!
I am the real Lith. Isle of Lithonia is a fake!

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.
Yes, I prefer NS rather than Eurovision.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
United Great Britian wrote:-really lame app-

If I was the OP, I would reject this immediately.
However, Allen doesn't like my harsh/just technique, so there's hope.

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 am

Iran

June 1st, Tehran, Iran

Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei held a public speech on the Azadi square, It was a unique thing for Khamenei to hold a public speech and so over two million Iranians had traveled to the square. In alot of major cities large tv screens where present so people could watch the speech live.

"For many years our independence has been challenged. Time and time again we overcame these challenge and we will contiue to overcome thsese challenges! The west, led by the Americans and the Zionist regime have questioned Iranian independence for far to long. I declare that this time ends right now! We will not tolerate any of their actions anymore, we will do wathever it takes to ensure our independence and our freedom. We will not take any orders from anyone anymore. In the past years we have shown everybody that Iran is not a country to be fooled with. Even the sanctions of the imperialist world did not stop us from improving our relations, trade and military. We have the right to reclaim our status on the international stage and we will do that starting today!"

Crowds of people cheered for the strong language of Khamenei, all across Iran people supported him and his plan.
The speech however was only the simple part. Khamenei now had to imply his promises. After the speech he called all ministers and the president together. In the meeting it got clear that Khamenei got full support for his plan, and so the ball started to roll.
The officials debated for hours about certain issues, but they now had their answers and solutions.
While the majority of the talks where about the west and Iran's foreign policies, they also took a serious look at Syria. Iran had the legal obligation to protect Syria in case of war and it was clear that this more a war then a revolution. Decisions where quickly made on the issue and Iran desided to act on its legal right.

Iran to hold biggest Military Reforms since 1979
Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan told presstv that Iran is going to hold a major military reform. He stated that it would be bigger than ever seen in Iran. He also sated that Iran will prepare itself against any foreign threat with these reforms and added that Iran would take meassures into its own hands if needed.
Last edited by Limborg on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Zenoch
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

June 1st, 2014, Ottawa, Canada

Postby Zenoch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:51 am

Steven Harper, Prime minister of Canada, had just signed a bill that would enhance the production of Green energy across the nation. It mostly included the constriction of electricity producing windmills that would be placed on the plains of central Canada and produce electricity.
He then welcomed in his minister of defense to speak on other maters.

"I find Iran's recent actions... Disturbing, to say the least." Harper said.

"Yes, unfortunately, there is not much reason for Canada to intervene in such matters. We have little need for their oil, since we produce our own, and we do not have many allows in that region, save for Israel." The man said.

"The Israelis can hold their own, no doubt. Still, we need to do something to show we disapprove of Iran's actions." Harper said.

"I'll make a speech detailing this plan." The minister of defense said as he handed Harper a folder of papers. Harper looked over the papers and approved.

Two hours later, press confrence
The minister of defense walked onto the podium. This was a routine press conference, so not many reporters were present.

"In light of recent actions taken by the government of Iran, the Canadian government is going to institute a number of sanctions on the Iranian government." The press leaned forward, supposed at the sudden seriousness of the meeting.
"From now on, until Iran ceases their military growth, all trade of minerals and technology from Canada to Iran will stop." He finished, and walked off the podium, not waiting for questions.
Last edited by Zenoch on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aireh
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aireh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:58 am

1st June, 2014
Dublin, Ireland

"Taoiseach?" The voice called from behind the door. It was the voice of his secretary, Sarah Kelly, a woman in her mid twenties from the south of the country. She had been in his service for just six months now, and was faring quite well.

"Come on in, Aoife." The Taoiseach spoke without raising his head. He was buried in his work, sifting through a large binder of pages on his desk, a heavy black ink pen in one hand. As his secretary walked in he raised his eyes. The first think to catch his attention was her tied up auburn hair. It was made even more pronounced by her pale white skin, and her deep green eyes were set in a pair of thick frame glasses. He didn't speak a word when she entered the room until she was right up at his desk, setting down another folder.

"More reports on the Garda investigations. Brutality claims, incompetency, mishandled investigations ... " Sarah explained. "Looks like we could be here for a while." She spoke the last sentence with a soft touch, looking away from him as she did so. She grabbed a small stack of files and went to the coffee table situated in front of the fireplace in the office, which was unlit. It was already almost nine in the evening and both herself and the Taoiseach had been here at least twelve hours handling the ongoing crises with the national police force, An Garda.

As Sarah sat down on the large couch at the coffee table, her own stack of files piled up on the hard wood surface, she positioned herself facing slightly away from the Taoiseach at an angle. Untying her hair, she reached for the first file, discretely glancing over at the politician as she did.

Earlier that same day, a committee meeting between several government ministers and a number of potential investors took place in Leinster House. The conference room taken was quite a large one, and around the large elongated table sat the Ministers for Trade, Jobs, Enterprise and Transport. Along with them sat several large investors, most of whom were Irish but there were also a couple of European investors.

The topic at hand was the possible creation of a new semi-State body - Irish Motor. The name of course was up for re-branding, but the idea was the straight forward enough. The goal was to develop a semi-state company to manufacture a car specifically designed for the Irish domestic market. The car would not be designed to compete with major names like Volkswagen, Toyota or Ford, but instead it would be a single model economy car, standardized throughout. There was a massive influx of new drivers on the roads recently with even more projected over the coming years, and studies since 2008 have consistently shown that people are leaning towards buying more economical cars with lower road tax, insurance and running costs. All of these factors and others combined gave the potential market for a domestically produced car at around 30,000 sales per year.

Entrepreneur John Devlin, who spearheaded the idea to the government several months ago, led the presentation to the committee with a presentation. Devlin was himself an auto enthusiast, and produced one off unique vehicles from his garage in County Monaghan - a business that was not faring well recently.

"So, from that we project a potential market of around thirty thousand people domestically, as well as the possibility of limited sales to the EU and our other trading partners." As he finished there was a short pause. One of the hopeful investors was quick to fire a few questions however.

"What level of funding would this project require?" The inquirer was a middle aged woman, with sharp features and the face of pure emotionless.

"We are aiming for a government handout of up to one hundred million euros, and a further one hundred million from you, our investors."

Another dozen or so question were launched at Devlin and his proposal, but he tackled them with pure professionalism. He already had several of the ministers on his side, but there was no way they could secure further funding for the project unless they had some private investors on their side also. Luckily by the end of the two hour conference, the Irish Motor project was looking promising. Of course, there was still huge amounts of work to be done.
Last edited by Aireh on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:24 am

Republic of Austria

Minor Economic Reforms
A list of minor economic and political reforms have been made in Austria
  • Men are now defended by Abuse laws
  • Restrictions on firearms very slightly reduced
  • Small portions of marijuana legalized
  • Human trafficking cracked down on more by Federal Police
  • Austria reaches out to the United States to decrease the European Union's dependency on the Russian Federation

Internal/Foreign Affairs
The President and Chancellor sit down in a chair, in order to discuss a way to help Europe and America as a whole. They had already come on the agreement to push Europe into trading more with the United States, in order to keep the European Union falling, as it has become evident that Russia will. However, the President is still uneasy about opening oil trade with nations like Iran, and Venezuela. They continued to talk, eventually reaching the following concessions
  • Push EU dependence on America, not Russia
  • Attempt to push Germany and France to purchase some of the Okinawa oil fields from China or Brazil
  • Attempt to push America into investing in North Korea's REE deposits
  • Attempting better relations with nations in the Middle East and South America
  • Attempt to push the EU to purchase oil from Iran, Brazil, and Venezuela

Foreign Communication (all are heavily encrypted)
To: The President of the United States of America

Hello, I have opened this communication to attempt to help the European Union, and in turn the economy of the entire world. The European Union depends on Russia as a natural gas provider, and also an oil provider. Threats of late have frightened us here, though we personally do not depend on Russia, that Russia intends to use this at an advantage to a major crisis soon. Please help Austria push for the European Union to become dependent on the United States, and not the Russian Federation.

To: The Office of the President of Canada

We have sent communication to the United States of America, and we wish for your help as well. The European Union is dependent on the Russian Federation for Oil and Natural Gas. We wish for you the help us push the European Union to be more dependent on our friends in the Americas, as I fear the Russian Federation may use the dependence again in a future crisis.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Winovia
Minister

Founded: Nov 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Winovia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

United States of America
June 3, 2014

Sanctions Against Russia
Due to Russia acts of aggression and its threat to the sovereignty of Ukraine, all travel to and from Russia is banned. In addition to this all Russian Imports will receive a 35% tariff, and prices of exports to Russia will be increased by 15%. Theses sanctions are an attempt to get Russia tow withdraw from Crimea. President Obama is encouraging all of his allies to follow suit.

Middle East Policy
Starting today American military presence in the Middle East will decrease drastically. The United States has decided to mostly withdraw itself from the region, and allow them to solve their own problems. In order to keep its influence in the region, not all troops will be leaving. These withdrawals are an effort to increase Relations with Middle Eastern nations. President Obama wishes to increase relations with nations such as Egypt and Iran, while maintaining rekations with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Cyprus.

Tax Reforms
President Obama called a meeting today with Democratic and Republican congressional leaders. The main topic of the meeting was tax reform, while other topics were discussed. The president has been pushing for lower taxes for the middle and lower class, but has been strongly opposed by Republican leaders. The meetings today were positive but they are scheduled to continue all week.

Foreign Communications
To: Islamic Republic of Iran

For far too long our two nations have had broken, for a lack of better words, relations. I intend to mend those broken relations, and to change Iran's view of the West. I will admit that the United States was once a hypocritical imperialistic nation, but not anymore. We are now focused on national sovereignty, diplomacy, and peace. The United States is starting something new, and I would like for you to be a part of it. I am inviting you to Washington D.C. to further discuss these matters.

Signed,
Barack H. Obama

To: Members of Nato

We have imposed sanctions on Russia, due to their acts of aggression in the Ukraine. We encourage all of you to do the same and show Russia that their actions will not be tolerated.

Signed,
Barack H. Obama
Last edited by Winovia on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Her Majesty Queen Sophie I | Prime Minister Michelle Harper
WinoviaGov.wi | WinoviaEmbassy.wi | WCNN.wi

Aurinsula
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurinsula » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:11 am

All across the world, China's diplomatic tentacles quiver with energy. Where to begin?

First off, Iran. Iran and China are old, old pals, going all the way back to the Revolution. In fact, China gave Iran nuclear assistance back in the 80s and 90s - it's true, look it up. In any case, the Chinese economy is desperately reliant on sweet, sweet Iranian crude. Several purchasing agents from Sinopec applaud politely during the Supreme Leader's speech, and queue up neatly to renew their long-term purchasing contracts. With them is a sealed letter from the Chinese foreign minister, Wang Yi, to the effect of the following:

Hi hi hi, it says. Well, it doesn't really say that; it in fact begins with a florid and official diplomatic salutation. But we are translating for our own enjoyment, not for literal accuracy. It continues thusly:

Hi hi hi, my good Iranian friends. You know that China always has your back, even if we don't always show it. The USA and us are in a really complicated dance right now, because we're so dependent on one another economically, so sometimes we have to turn you down for things so as not to make them mad. And we're sorry about that, we really are. But we're on your side, and we're always happy to purchase your oil and pay a fair price for it, too, and in return we are always happy to give you assistance in whatever you need. In fact, since you've got all these guys here from Sinopec - that's our state oil company - since they're all right here, if you need to talk about expanding your refineries and extraction, go for it. We're full-speed ahead. Yours, Wang Yi, Foreign Minister, China PR

So that's Iran.

Meanwhile, Kazakhstan gets market diplomacy. The Chinese Ambassador to Kazakhstan extends his country's good wishes for whatever local holiday they are having, or are about to have, or have just finished having, and Chinese minerals and industrial companies continue to bid aggressively for Kazakh minerals, and manufacturers continue to peddle their wares there without any interference from Beijing. China and Kazakhstan were both members of the Shanghai Cooperative Organization, the SCO - and it was no secret that the Chinese were trying to wrest control of the organization away from Russia. This, in the Chinese view, required a great deal of make-nice.

Meanwhile, the new government in Egypt got the royal treatment. The Chinese Ambassador to Egypt - who had spent the entire turbulent transition period whistling a jaunty tune, from inside the embassy - emerged to extend Chinese recognition to the new government, and assured their new president that China meant business, that they would pay a fair price for as much oil as they were willing to sell, and that if Egypt had any needs, China was always willing to provide friendly and neutral assistance.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia was all bound up with the USA, and there was no point in trying to dislodge them. So China sent its fond good wishes, and called it a day. Peaceful co-existence.

Meanwhile, the Russian situation required great care and caution. Truth be told, the Chinese didn't care much about the fate of Crimea; it meant exactly nothing to them. But Russia's new acquisition certainly raised tension, and got everybody antsy, and gathered ominous clouds over the sunny meadows of international diplomacy. It was important to China that the status quo be preserved as much as possible. So, the Chinese Ambassador to Russia presently had nothing to say. It could be brought up at the next SCO meeting, or maybe at the BRICS.

In North Korea, the Chinese worked through both their legitimate networks - diplomats in Beijing, diplomats in P'yongyang, and other highly-placed parties - and through their underground networks (which they had, because of course they did), both to try and find out Fatty 3, I mean Kim Jong-un's disposition towards greater cooperation with Red Uncle. It was the hope of the Chinese that Kim the Third could, perhaps, simply be bought over the counter to do what China required. The Chinese budget for special gifts - XO cognac, fast cars, sashimi dinners, Chunghwa cigarettes, karaoke parties, prostitutes, and even a little junk - was truly bottomless.

Finally, down in the Philippines, the Chinese were predictably two-faced, as always. On one level, the Chinese ambassador was like, look, this is all for internal consumption, we're sorry about this, we have to put on a show to keep the people tuned in, and this is all play-acting. On another level, though, the Chinese media was filled with inspiring stories about the stern grey ships of the PLAN keeping their vigil over what they called Nansha - the South China Sea - which was, of course, Chinese; check the name. The PLAN increased the deployment of warships around the Scarborough Shoal, and instructed more fishing boats to go there. Finally, agents within the Philippines got in contact with local members of the Bamboo Network, the huge Southeast Asian Chinese diaspora, and tried to enforce some discipline, offering various inducements to remember that race was forever. True to form, the Network generally rowed with Taiwan, but Chinese were Chinese wherever they went, and they generally followed the money.

The rest of the world received non-descript good wishes. Preserve, at all costs, the status quo. This was the mission of China in the 21st century.

Zenoch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Ottowa, Canada.

Postby Zenoch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:12 am

Roski wrote:
To: The Office of the President of Canada

We have sent communication to the United States of America, and we wish for your help as well. The European Union is dependent on the Russian Federation for Oil and Natural Gas. We wish for you the help us push the European Union to be more dependent on our friends in the Americas, as I fear the Russian Federation may use the dependence again in a future crisis.

June 2nd
Harper immediately wrote back a message to Austria:
The Canadian government would love to increase oil and natural gas trade with Austria and the rest of Europe. We shall open free trade with all nations in the European Union, and offer a discounted price for both oil and natural gas.

After this, Steven Harper proposed a bill to send prospectors across Canada to search for any new deposits of oil or natural gas. In addition, a 4% price reduction was awarded to oil gong to nations in the European Union.

NDHQ (national defense headquarters
Captain Willard Scott looked over the plans for the ship. The first aircraft carrier for the Canadian navy, the HMS Cartier, would begin construction within the week. This would continue an ongoing process of creating a fully functional military for Canada apart from the UK's.

"She'll be a beauty all right." The captain said to an engineer.

"Indeed, though I fear she'll be put to use soon after her making." The man responded. It was true, tensions were high right now in the world, and it was inevitable that violence would occur. Though he doubted Canada would be the center of conflict, Willard was certain they would get involved somehow.
He walked away without saying another word.

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 am

Iran

June 2, Tehran, Iran

The military factories had started to run on high speed to get all equipment finished, high military officials in the meanwhile where working on serval requests, if Iran where to complete this reform they had to get new equipment and licenses to build their military equipment. At the same time military researchers where busy to find a way so they could reverse-engineer the equipment that was originally from "hostile" countries. The reform would be based on the defenses of Iran, its goal was to make Iran a fortress on its own, wich could not be taken. This reform would take at the very least a few years to complete, especially in the navy.

In Canada where other happenings. The Iranian representative was recalled to Iran and so he cleaned his desk at the Omani embassy, who had given him a room since the closer of the Iranian embassy. Iran officially stated that it had cut off all ties with Canada becouse of their "irresponsible" actions. The Iranian representative stated that Canada should follow the US example, who had announced it would retreat itself from the Middle-East.

In the east of Iran troops had gatherd, they would soon fly to Syria in order to defend the goverment and to restore order. Iran earlier desided to increase the Quds forces in Syria to 10,000 and this was the result. In Syria they would train and advice the Syrian forces and the militia's loyal to him. Iran's goal for this increase was to stop the terrorists from gaining any ground and to effectively push them out of the ground they controlled at the moment.
All soldiers who where send to Syria where older than 35, meaning that they had plenty of knowledge on warfare and plenty of knowledge to share with the Syrian goverment. The increase of soldiers was done in secret and Iran would continue to deny any Iranian precense in Syria.

Iranian ambassador to Canada "Listen to your ally"
The Iranian ambassador to Canada commented on the actions made by Canada yesterday. The Iranian ambassador stated that Canada should listen to its ally and that its actions would have consequences on the Canadian-Iranian relations. He further stated that Iran officially cut ties with Canada in response to this "nonsense".
Last edited by Limborg on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aireh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aireh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:19 pm

2nd June, 2014
Dublin, Ireland

The Garda issue was finally being put to rest. Over the last nine months the national police force known as An Garda Síochana have been under scrutinous investigation following accusations by several members of the force. Whistle-blowers Sergeant McCabe and ex-Garda Wilson leaked to the press a long list of investigations which were mishandled by the force, as well as countless files of abuse of powers, brutality and negligence which were never brought before the court or Garda Ombudsman. A gritty investigation into the force proved the whistle-blowers right but still the Minister for Justice held out and defended his leadership of the branch.

Today, An Taoiseach Enda Kenny made a public announcement, apologizing to the Garda members which released the files for their suffering since. He also made public his intentions to supervise new reforms to the Garda which would prevent further negligence from occuring and also fired his Minister for Justice, Mr. Alan Shatter.

After the speech on national television, Kenny returned to his office for a few hours to unwind. He leaned back into the black leather chair and gazed up at the ceiling, his shoes resting on the pale hardwood desk. As he breathed a heavy sigh, there was a knock at the door. He gave no response but still it opened and around the corner peeped the head of Ms Sarah Kelly. She gave a smile, showing her pearly white teeth before quickly entering the room and closing the door behind her.

The Taoiseach gave a smile as he saw her, remembering the previous night when they both toiled away over the files before today's speech, and what happened after. He took his feet down from the desk and sat forward a bit in his chair. Gracefully she came and sat on one of the comfortable little dining style chairs in front of his desk. She leaned back almost seductively and crossed her legs.

"Mr. Taoiseach," she said with a sly smile, "I was wondering ... " She paused for a minute to look into the eyes of the Prime Minister.

"Wondering what?" he inquired.

"Wondering if .." she sat forward suddenly, and leaned her elbows on the desk between them, extending her right arm forward, the sleeve of her blouse fell down slightly to reveal a small microphone taped to her wrist. It was within a foot of the Taoiseach's face. "... you would be able to comment on the events of last night?"

The Taoiseach's face went pale as he realised what was happening. He sat back in his chair, but his weight was barely on it before he stood up and walked around to the side of his desk. "Get out of my office right now."

"But, baby!" she laughed, standing up. She held the microphone up, taunting him. "This was here last night too, you know."

"Get the fuck out of my office!" he roared. His face was reddening and his breathing heavy. So many things rushed through his mind he didn't know where to begin or what to do first. No matter which way he pitched it to himself, his political career was over.

Despite the recent happenings of the Taoiseach, the rest of the government continued as normal. Another issue the country faced simultaneously with the Gardaí crises was the trouble with multi-national companies. The Republic benefited greatly from the presence of the corporations here - they provided over a hundred thousand jobs and in return gave considerably lower tax rates than anywhere else in Europe. This combined with the fact it was the only English-speaking country in the Eurozone made it a favourite for the American multi-nationals. However, investigations have shown that year after year, several of these corporations have not handed over their accounts for review, and have not made any payments to the Irish government either in tax or otherwise.

Public unrest was high concerning this and the Fine Gael government actively tried to pull strings to get some form of payment from the companies. Failing this, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade appealed to the home country of the corporations themselves, the USA.

To President Barrack Obama,

Mr. President, I write to you today to request a meeting with you in person regarding the presence of American multi-national corporations in Ireland. For a long time now our two nations have enjoyed very close political and economic relations, and Ireland has been happy to play host to American companies as a European headquarters. American companies benefit from us being the only English speaking country in the EU single currency market, our highly educated workforce, high-tech information industry and our low level of corporation tax.

However, for a number of recent years investigation have shown that American corporations here, namely Apple Inc., have been taking advantage of our situation, and have refused to give information on profits made in Ireland and the EU and have withheld their tax payments. The value of these undisclosed accounts could be worth an estimated €3 billion to the Irish exchequer. I request that we may meet in person to discuss this issue as well as other issues regarding our bi-lateral relations ie, mutual immigration/emigration, standing trade treaties, debts and future treaties and agreements.

As leader of the United States and the Free World I realise the fullness of your schedule. Should you be unable to meet in person I would be more than happy to play host to an American delegation here in Ireland.

Yours sincerely,
Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade,
Joe Costello

Zenoch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NDHQ, Canada

Postby Zenoch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:23 pm

June 2nd, 2014

"The situation in Syria just intensified." General Marcus Hams told his subordinates, who had been called to a meeting late that night. "We have I just received news of a massive troop movement in Iran. All indications show they are heading for Syria, no doubt to support Assad.

"How many?"

"Over 5,000, we estimate. Now I don't want any Canadian troops in conflict, but we can't let the regime gain any ground here."
The decision was made to equip a ship to go to the Canadian base in Haifa. The warship would carry 500 CSOR to the region, along with weapons that could be given to the rebels if deemed necessary. The soldiers would not engage enemies unless attacked first, and would only serve as a symbol of Canada's presence in the area.

The next morning, Steven Harper gave a speech about the recent events in the middle east. He highlighted the hypocrisy of the Irianian government, emphasizing that they cannot logically demand that Canada withdraw any troops while they themselves insert more and more soldiers in the region.
Last edited by Zenoch on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperium Nova
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Nova » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Russian Federation

Russia, Moscow, Kreml
01/06/2014 13:00

The government of the Russian Federation had recently finished their monthly meeting to discuss future directives for the ministries and the country as a whole, but also to recap what had happened in the month before. The past month had been a largely calm month for Russia, at least in comparison to the earlier months and the Crimean Crisis and the Kreml officially recognising the Transinistrians as their own republic.

The original plan regarding this was to finish off the whole Crimean Crisis with an intervention into Moldavia via Ukraine. If the Ukrainians would refuse, they would just make a short detour to Kiev and that problem would be out of the way. Sure, some consequences with the west may arise if so, but Russia could just claim to protect the Transinistrians right to their own land. However this was all spoiled, and Russia instead chose a more, diplomatic way. Russian diplomacy though, with warships.

Now Russia's main topic was if priorities would be to try and mend the relationship with the west or follow the new way of conflicts and establishing a Russian hegemony in Eastern Europe. And since so far talks with the Ukraine had gone nowhere, and their government still being in shambles, the more aggressive policy seemed to be favoured. This line also had support from the President Vladimir Putin, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and the military. The Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev supported the more diplomatic ways. However the whole government was in agreement, that there would be no return to the US world supremacy of the post-Cold War era.

Russia would also initiate more cooperation with the post-Soviet states, at least those in the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Eurasian Economic Community. It was still their goal to reach a Eurasian Union in 2015. This however required the rest of the member states to agree. The most important parts were Belarus and Kazakhstan, there was not much hope for Ukraine to be a direct part, at least not in the beginning. Focus would be put on Kazakhstan, they would be essential to the Russians.

In other foreign policy, Russia was to strengthen its ties with China, Iran, Syria, North Korea and Venezuela. Traditional allies of Russia, and now Russia needed friends more than ever.

Avissia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Avissia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Romania

Romania Today

Our President has today announced that he will be guaranteeing the Independence of Montenegro and Kosovo, stating that "All further attempts to challenge the independence of the states, by Serbia, or any other state for that matter, will be made to suffer, whether it be by economic sanctions, or by direct military intervention."

Furthermore, the Romanian Government has voted strongly against a proposal to terminate Romanian involvement in NATO. However, the Ministry of Defence has announced that all deployed troops in Afghanistan will be brought back home by September this year.

In other news, there have been numerous rallies in Eastern Romania today, again organised by the Romanian-Moldavian Unification Movement. The Foreign Office have not yet stated whether or not unification talks are on the cards, as a delegation on the matter returns on the 6th.

Karthalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Karthalia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Q: Mr. President what's our move with the Bangsamoro Movement?

From what i heard, Muslim leaders are celebrating from their so called Victory

A:It's not their victory but is a victory for all of us

Q: what do you think of Scarborough shoal? Its just a rock right?

A: Sources say it has Trillions of Barrels of oil or maybe Billions if you were so inclined to believe.

Ah. so with these oil resources, we could be par with Saudi's Oil power?

I believe so. but what we need are investors, but first we need to secure that location, I already ordered 3 Corvettes and a Frigate to secure the region.

Q: From this moment.. who is our greatest ally?

A: The west. the United States have aid us in all ways since our independence.

Q: Last question; Will we put an oil rig there?

A: We've been saving Billions of pesos on this one. as Part of the PDAF will be for the Newest Oil rig; Kalayaan

'' Thank you Mr. President for this Interview '' the Media-man told the President '' No thanks.. after all it is freedom of press right?'' the President replied. then he goes to his room to rest.
Last edited by Karthalia on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
well...

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 pm

The Republic of Kazakhstan

June 7th, 2014

Astana, Kazakhstan

President Nursultan Nazarbayev walked into his office, carrying the usual folder of papers, and other pieces of information about internal and foreign affairs. Nazarbayev sat in the leather chair that had awaited his arrival all morning and began reading his briefing. The President couldn't keep focus, being up late last night reading over the new military bill that had been passed by the Kazakh Congress. He stretched before slowly standing up and making him a cup of coffee and taking a sip of it as he began to sit down once again.

He was immediately much more focused on his reading. First thing up, the actions of Iran. Iran had boldy taken a move that had even further segregated itself from the West, as it is currently now investing in making it's military much more effecient than it has been before. Then, even more boldly, taking matters into it's hands and telling the Canandian Ministry to fall back on it's firmly stated opinions on Iran. Though the president seen these actions to be a step in the wrong direction, he didn't want to jeopardize Kazakhstan's chance to build on Iranian-Kazakh relations, which Nazarbayev was focused on increasing since taking leadership.

Next up, Romania has voted to withdraw from NATO and begin recalling troops that were apart of NATO missions back home to Romania. Nursultan was glad to hear that another country had seen the light and chose to reject the ideals projected on the rest of the world by countries like the United States. He intended to make a better relationship with his Romanian counterparts with this news.

Turning to the next page, he was glad to see something about Kazakhstan's greatest ally, Russia. Government reports show that Russia seems intent on initiating more and better relations around the region, no doubt to help achieve the formation of Eurasian Union, which President Nazarbayev was in total support of. Being the largest economy in Central Asia, it was apparent that Kazakhstan was the main focus of the Russians.

The last page that concerned foreign policy was about North Korea's recent discovery of large rare Earth elements within it's borders. The Hermit Kingdom of North Korea would most likely not be interested in letting forein investors operate inside of the secular state. Unless, of course, the investing nation was on good terms with North Korea, and supported the country with almost no dissent against it. So, to get ahold of the great economic chance that has came up, the president decided to form a new relationship with the belligerent state.

He picked one final stack of papers, this stack however was the Military Reform Act of 2014, which would reorganize the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan into several new sections of the army. This would keep the Republican Guard, Armed Ground Forces, Air Force, and a Riverine Force. It would also be creating several branches of military. This includes, the Kazakh Angency of Military Intelligence that will be a spying force and such. The Spetsial'noye rabocheye usiliye, or Special Operational Force, would be created for special operations, and Kazakhstan Missile System
would all be formed as part of the reform. The bill would also progressively increase the active number of troops up to 400,000, and reserve force 700,000, and would also be looking to improve the quality of equipment used by the military. After looking the bill one final time, he signed it into law.

Khabar News Agency

Military Reform Act Passed

President Nazarbayev signed the Military Reform Act of 2014 today, this means that the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan will undergo a significant improvement. Active military numbers will increase to 400,000, while the reserve force will be increased to 750,000. The reserve force, however, is expected to be cut in the near future. New braches of the military will be formed in order to make it easier for national security to be ensured. As a result of the bill's passage, the government will be reaching out to various suppliers for more modern weapons.

To: The Government of Iran
From: Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Subject: Improved Relations
Encryption: HIGH

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that the recent actions of Iran may further itself from the West, with that said, the Republic of Kazakhstan is in support of your actions, and is interesed in further developing our relations with each other to ensure a long, and prosperous future for the both of our nations.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: The Romanian Government
Subject: Relations

To Whom It May Concern,

I have noticed that the Romanian Legislature has decided to terminate it's membership within NATO. The Republic of Kazakhstan as a whole would like to commend your for this action, and would be glad to begin molding a new relationship between our two great nations so that future generations of Romanians and Kazakhs will stand side by side with each other, no matter what the topic is.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation
Subject: Eurasian Union Meeting

Mr. Putin,

According to my sources, it seems that The Russian Federation is more now than ever in beginning talks for a Eurasian Union. I would like to notify you, President Putin, that the Republic of Kazakhstan is completely on board, and wishes for a meeting to discuss the formation to procede at the earliest possible time.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: Kim Jong-Un, Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un,

It has came to my full attention that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea may contain up to 2/3rds of the world's rare Earth element supply. Now, whether you are or you aren't interested in allowing foreign investors into Korea to observe it, the Republic of Kazakhstan would open relations between our two great nations by constructing an embassy in Pyongyang, and Korea constructing one in Astana.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Al Saud Riyadh Royal Palace
Outskirts of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

If the heat of the desert was something the people of Riyadh often complained about, the contrary ran with the occupants of the palace complex that stood on the quieter outskirts of the city. Here in the shade of trees and filled with the sound of running water, the richest and most powerful men in the Middle East congregated to discuss the latest events in the region and around the world. Despite the exterior of peace and amicability between the men, undercurrents still roiled, and it seemed like this idyllic scene was seething with black intrigue.

King Abdullah watched carefully from his shaded seat as the representatives of the ulema and the government ministers sat down, a cold glass of water given to each one of them by the passing and silent servants. While the Saudis managed to work together to oppose external enemies, the internal enemies were the ones to be watched for. There were those younger members of the House of Saud whom had seen the modern world outside the borders of the kingdom and had come to agree with greater reforms and liberalism, something that the aging king could not and would not grant so quickly. Although there was much international and domestic pressure to further economic, political, and social reforms, Abdullah was still quite in the conservative camp. On the other hand, there were those ultraconservatives who wished to destroy everything that the family worked for ever since the founding of the modern Saudi state. If cutting off oil supplies to the West was any indication of just beginning of their demands, it was safe to say that the king was never going to seriously consider their proposals either.

The animosity between the different factions of the family, whether it be by tribal loyalties, ideological, or even petty grudges, was enough to warrant assassination. After all, previous Saudi kings had been overthrown and killed before, and Abdullah was not going to be one of those people.

Then there were external enemies that had to be dealt with. Iran along with its ever present Russian backers, always seemed to advancing its Shi'ite and revolutionary pejoratives, to the annoyance of the Arab states. After all, even if Iraq could be considered a majority Shi'ite nation, for goodness sake, Syria was on the opposite end of the spectrum. And then there were the Shi'ite riots in the Gulf states like Bahrain, where the Saudis had to send troops to back the Sunni royal family to prevent a pro-Iranian government from possibly ever being installed. If anything, the Saudis were ready to actively oppose Iranian and Russian interference in the region. Western influence, while equally distasteful, at least brought with it the stabilizing forces of economics and advanced technology needed combat terrorists and dissidents who appeared in endless droves.

And unlike the expansionism that was found in those states like Russia, Iran, and to a lesser extent China, the West was clearly more interested in making money than advancing political borders, despite what some might claim. If any indication of the kingdom's continued repression of minorities, guest workers, and women was to be stated, it was clear that this statement was true. Of course, in the interest of maintaining power for the family without having the need to rely on endless droves of family members and strenuous daily efforts on running the kingdom, there were going to be reforms, whether people liked it or not.

"Your Majesty, we have indication that the Persians are preparing to upgrade their military," stated the foreign minister," In a public announcement and signed by law, the Iranians and Kazaks have begun modernization and expansion of their military programs. We must be ready to counter this as soon possible."

"The war in Syria seems to be dragging on with high causalities on both sides," said another minister," The rebels whom we supply and partially control are slowly being whittled down by the combination of Assad's forces and those groups from Iran. In addition, I fear that the Islamist forces may have infiltrated the forces, which may reflect badly on us."

The king nodded after hearing this.

"We still need economic reforms and social reform to placate our citizens," added the finance minister," Our efforts in the region will come to naught if domestic unrest destabilizes the country. Your Majesty's excellent decision to allow women to join the Consultative Council and the Shura Council is seen by some radicals as not going far enough to bring reform to the nation."

Abdullah raised his hand and looked towards the ulema, whom were silently discussing the implied proposals. One of their number spoke up.

"My king, while we find that a brother who fights a brother as being injust in the eyes of Allah and words of Muhammad Our Prophet," he began," Clearly, those who stray from the path and yet dare challenge and oppress our brethren are heretics in the eyes of Islam. The heretic who thus govern that which known as Persia have overstepped their bounds in opposing us in Syria, where a Shi'ite dictator holds sway over our flock. The ulema have decided that to act in opposition is within sanction of the words of the Prophet."

"In addition, the ulema believe that while allowing the people full say in national affairs is not within sanction," the man continued," Giving them more freedoms is not without precedent. Our forefathers and the Kingdom which our Prophet himself governed did not have such practices that which the first king of the Modern State advocated. To change our society thus is within reason and sanction of our Prophet."

The king nodded before ringing a bell. The assembled people stood up, and silently left the room, knowing that the king had already decided what to do.

Saudi Arabia News

Following a short session of royal meetings, King Abdullah declared that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be undertaking further socio-economic reforms as a result of Arab Spring demands. The king previous earmarked several billion dollars in housing improvements and other social services, as well as allowing women to join the advisory Shura and Consultative Councils. However, critics of the royal family responded that this was not enough to see true democratic control of the country, which the royal family obviously opposes. With the support from the ulema, the Kingdom would begin allowing the following:

• foreign citizens and non-Muslims may visit the Holy Sanctuary in Mecca
  • women are allowed to drive
  • women are not obligated to wear headwear
  • women may own property
  • women are entitled to rights and freedoms afforded to male citizens, excluding the right to vote in Municipal elections
  • foreign guest workers may not be maltreated and can utilize legal defense in event of injury

In addition, the government has agreed to open freer trade in the special economic zones in bid to attract more foreign investment. Oil supplied to foreign nations can be increased provided that renegotiation of prices and trade be conducted.

On the regional front, the Kingdom condemned Iranian influence in the Syrian Civil War, noting that Syria is a sovereign state and that the use of state-funded terrorists and special forces on the part of Iran is interference in another nation's internal affairs. The Saudi government moved to offer to buy 50 Eurofighter Tyhoons from European Union nation at market price as well as 50 Challenger IV tanks. The Saudi Defense Ministry offered to buy any strategic weaponry from the United States at a maximum cost of USD$ 5 billion, the largest defense procurement in the history of the country. In addition, the king offered to allow Western nations to station forces in Saudi Arabia for a yearly base fee of USD$ 50 million as to help defend the state against intervention. Already, the Saudis have intervened in other states to prevent a destabilizing of the region, the prime example being the Kingdom of Bahrain which saw protest over royal rule earlier last year as part of the Arab Spring.

Some foreign and Islamist critics have accused the Saudis of already supplying the Syrian rebels, which can also be certainly applied to other Arab monarchies. The Saudis have only responded that they recognize the Syrian National Council as the true and legitimate government of Syria and will not stand for the deaths of innocents perpetrated by marauders who are defended by the Assad government and its allies.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 pm

조선민주주의인민공화국

The state-run news agency began running at the usual time, the usual crew, usual background, but with a few out of the blue announcements for the people of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. The broadcasting woman smiled widely as the intro jingle played, before being givern a nod from a camera-man off screen. "Our great and supreme leader, Kim Jong-Un, has announced new steps of progress in the eternal march of Korean greatness. The great nation of Kazakhstan has recently seen the light, and our glorious leader has agreed to the formation of official diplomatic relations! Yet another nation finally sees the evils of the west, and knows Korea is truly the defender of freedom."

"Secondly, after numerous confirmations, our Supreme Leader and the glorious government of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have announced the existence of over two hundred million tons of Rare Earth Elements and Minerals in North Korea, double what the world supply was estimated at prior to the find! The Supreme Leader has been quoted as saying that it is yet another feather in the hat of the Korean people, in their glorious march. Already worldwide, greedy capitalist nations lust for Korean resources, but our Supreme Leader has made a promise to keep the resources of the Korean people in the hands of the Korean people!"

"Thirdly, the Supreme Leader has announced, in conjunction with the government of our glorious nation, a new policy named the Rainbow Plan. Though specific details have not been announced, the Supreme Leader assures the people that the Rainbow Plan will serve to bring further prosperity to our glorious nation! Finally, it has been announced that this year's Day of The Sun festival will be the most grand in our nation's history, all people of the nation count down the days until April 15th, 103!"

Unidentified construction yard/launchpad, somewhere near Pyongyang
Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un watched as the stages of the newest Unha rocket were dragged onto the construction yard carefully. The Unha-3 was the launch vehicle that had successfully put North Korea's first satellite into orbit, and Kim Jong-Un was relying on the same basic design with a few changes to enhance the design. This was to be the Unha-4, which would put into orbit a second North Korean satellite, a more advanced observation satellite named the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4. Construction of all the parts had finished already, but the rocket needed to be ready for launch, and with the Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 connected, by the Day of The Sun celebration. It would be launched on April the 15th to commemorate the birth of Kim Il-Sung, the father of the modern Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Kim Jong-Un was relying on the Unha-4 as a huge propaganda piece in his Rainbow Plan, everything needed to go perfectly.

Addressed Towards: Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Directed By: Pak Ui-chun, Foreign Affairs Minister of North Korea
ENCRYPTION: High

After due discussion among the North Korean government it has been decided that Rare Earth Element resources in North Korea are likely to remain in North Korean control for the foreseeable future. However, we are most open to improving diplomatic relations with the nation of Kazakhstan. We are happy to provide a site for an embassy in the Munsudong Diplomatic Compound, Pyongyang, and we are in the process of appointing an official ambassador and embassy staff to be sent to Kazakhstan.

Dutifully,
Pak Ui-Chun, Foreign Affairs Minister

Aireh
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aireh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:01 pm

2nd June, 2014
Dublin, Ireland

John Devlin, the self made business man who had somehow landed himself as the face of 'Irish Motor'. He was being allocated funds left right and center from private investors and government bodies .. totaling it up he had a projected eighty million euro currently in the projects budget, with more to come if things went smoothly. The car which would bring the company to light was a small sedan. It would have a small, efficient engine and would come will the absolute bare minimum of extra features. The entire goal of the project was to create an inexpensive car that would see low insurance premiums, low tax and easy maintenance.

John still hadn't secured an engine for the car however. All of the major European manufacturers would flat out refuse to collaborate on the project, they would lose out on sales. If there were to be someone who made just engines rather than cars however .. that was it. He knew exactly who to contact, and he got working on it immediately.

To whom it may concern, (Austria - Steyr Motors)

I write to you regarding a current program bein run by the Irish government known as the 'Irish Motor Project'. The aim of this project is to produce an economy car for the domestic Irish market. I, John Devlin, have been appointed as head of the project committee and am a leading member of the design and engineering team.

For this project we face the problem that we don not have the expertise sufficient enough to produce a cost-effective powerplant for the automobile and have received no co-operation from other European automobile manufacturers. We would be very interested if Steyr Motors would be willing to design and produce a small, low cost diesel engine for the car.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have and look forward to your responce,
CEO John Devlin.

CEO he thought to himself. Technically he was committee head slash project leader, but neither of those really carried the same weight as 'CEO'. Content with his draft, he sent it off for dispatch.

Karthalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Karthalia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Republic of the Philippine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ABS-CBN

MANILA - Sources say that the Philippine navy will acquire more Hamilton class cutters this year and a Submarine in 2016. Malacañang Palace has stated that in order to Preserve peace upon the shoals one must put this case up in the United Nations. furthermore the President has stated that; I'm not sure of what will happen actually kaya, we are asking the United States of America for military and financial assistance. when asked; How is our navy doing? the President replied; From a basis. we have sent 2 Frigates and 3 Corvettes over there and yet that is still not enough to hold the Scarborough shoal. this is the calm before the storm.. yes China did withdraw but were' here to protect the National Integrity of our Nation right? anyways she might soon be attracted to our Vast Oil fields in Scarborough.

BRP. Gregorio Del Pilar - a Philippine Navy Hamilton Class cutter.

he also Added; For the first time on Philippine History, this Administration will have the Biggest Military Expenditure on Philippine history but we are also focusing on our Infantry and our Airforce, we already have Allocated budgets for 4 Apache Helicopters, 6 F-15 Fighters and 20 More APC's all ordered from either America or South Korea. this is Kristine Reyes live at the Palace.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Malacañang Palace

P-noy, are you ready to write a Communique to the United States of America? Alberto asked, Yes, I am ready. the President then went to his communications room and then sent a letter to the American President.

Dear Leader!

Encryption: IMPOSSIBLE

I am here on behalf of the Filipino People as you know we are a Very Loyal ally to the US. we are here to ask Military and Financial support in funding Operation Kalayaan: to Set up oil rigs and provide Military Security Assistance you get LOTS of Oil if you do. and would you like them to take Philippines then Hawaii then... you?

Signed,

Benigno Aquino - Philippine President.

Outside the Chinese embassy Hundreds of Filipino protested. Despite efforts of the Philippine National Police. the Barricades were overrun and the Protesters burn the Chinese Flag

ImageImageImage
well...

Aurinsula
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurinsula » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Red Uncle was busy at work; the Chinese continued apace their strenuous yet lackadaisical diplomacy.

TO: H.E. Nursultan Nazarbayev, President, Republic of Kazakhstan
FROM: Foreign Secretariat of the Central Military Commission, People's Republic of China
RE: Defense tender

To his Excellency Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of the Republic of Kazakhstan,

The Chinese people regard with great interest Kazakhstan's tireless work to expand and modernize its defense systems and achieve its rightful pre-eminence in Central Asia. Please regard China as a friend of the Kazakhs; we are prepared to offer a good price on any defense procurement as you may require in the course of your self-determined path to modernization. As we are both members of the Shanghai Cooperative Organization, China is always pleased to offer its friends a helping hand.

Friends! Friends! Friendship with China wasn't so bad; they were not a demanding people. To be more precise, they were a non-obligatory people. The amount of money and materiel that would likely change hands was trivial to the Chinese, but the presence of direct payment - rather than being given it as hypothetical aid - made it much more honorable for the Kazakhs to accept it; purchasing something was always better for one's esteem than being given it.

TO: H.E. V. V. Putin, President, Russian Federation
FROM: Office of the Foreign Minister, People's Republic of China
RE: Eurasian Union

To His Excellency Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, President of the Russian Federation,

At the present time, we regard efforts to the formation of a "Eurasian Union" of Russia with Central Asian republics, e.g. Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan etc., other factors notwithstanding, as being non-conducive to good relations within the Shanghai Cooperative Organization.

That second message was about as direct as the Chinese get in terms of, 'hey, don't do this or we'll get mad.'

Finally, in terms of direct negotiation, the Standing Committee of the Politburo elected to simply summon the North Korean ambassador to meet with them in Zhongnanhai, and asked him to explain how the North Koreans saw their new mineral situation and what they intended to do about it.

But there was also, of course, indirect negotiation. The Philippine President's statement to the press that there were trillions of barrels of oil under the Scarborough Shoal were an out-right fabrication, but it gave them a chance to lay the screws on him. So, as per usual, they elected to operate on multiple levels.

First, they transferred a flotilla of ships to the South Sea Fleet - three of their newest frigates, led by the 7,000 ton destroyer Lanzhou. With these additional ships, it was now possible to keep a 24/7 presence in the region. Any Filipino ships attempting to enter the shoal were turned away. Message: "We aren't giving this up without a fight."

Second, they floated an offer from their embassy in Manila, even as it was surrounded by Filipino protesters. The Chinese envoys insisted that this was not a deal-breaker, that good relations were still in everybody's interest, and that it was better to resolve this bilaterally rather than involve other nations. Message: "There's still a way to deal."

Third and finally, they got in contact with their friends in Washington, DC. Their message to the Americans was simple: This is a bilateral issue. We want to get this resolved quickly and quietly, and we can't do that if tensions go up - our people will get antsy and demand a hardline stance. In order for this to be clean, we need a clear space to solve this. Message: "Let us handle this on our own."

Truly, the best diplomacy was multi-faceted.

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 am

Iran

June 7, Tehran, Iran

The days passed quickly and alot of work still had to be done.

Syria
The 10,000 "special forces" in Syria where splitted into different groups, with all kind of different purposes.
700 men where orderd to train pro-Assad militias and the Syrian army, a firm two thousend men would march along with these militia's and the army to give advise on how to combat the terrorists.
Thousend men where send to Damascus in order to protect the city and to engage enemies in neighbouring villages, 1300 men where orderd to do the same in Aleppo. The remaining 5,000 would form their own devision and they would, together with the Syrian army and local militia's, launch an assult on Ar Raqqah, wich had been a stronghold for extremists for a long time. The soldiers only had the basic equipment and fully relied on the Syrian army when it came to air support and tanks. The generals however where confident that they could make the difference. For now they would leave the Kurdish held area's at ease, this was an issue for later.

Tehran, Iran
President Hassan Rouhani had recieved serval messages from both friendly and hostile nations. It was time to finally reply to them.
The first one he read came from the US, and while Rouhani agreed to it, he wasn't allowed to go. Khamenei had no intrests in a neutral or good relation with the west. Rouhani, either way, replied to the message, to see what he could do while still pleasing his leader.
Adressed to: Barack H. Obama

We have no intrest in your offer as long as the sanctions are still working. Iran desires to hold a new meeting with the P5+1 to make a deal. Perhaps after that, we will hand out for a normalization of relations with the United states.
Iran encourages the United States recent actions on its middle-eastern policies, however i ask you to talk to your allies, mainly Canda, who still acts hostile towards our nation and our people. I hope to meet you someday in the future.

Signed by,
Hassan Rouhani, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Adressed to: Nursultan Nazarbayev

I welcome this message and Iran sees great potential in our relations. We wish to hold talks about visa free travel, an increase of trade and perhaps the possibility of holding joint military drills. You can discuss this with the Iranian ambassador, he knows about it and will be in charge of that. I hope that our relation will continue to grow and that we may remain friendly towards eachother untill the end of days.

Signed by,
Hassan Rouhani, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran

After he wrote the messages he went to a meeting between Iranian oil companies and Sinopec, the Chinese oil company. Becouse of the economic sanctions Iran had to increase and to improve its oil position. While he was there serval issues where discussed. Matters in wich Iran needed inverstors. In particularly, Iran needed serval constructions to hold up its position as an oil rich country.
-Oil refineries
-A new terminal to increase the oil trade
-New offshore oil platforms

Rouhani then continued to a press meeting, on the Saudi comments.
"President, what is your reaction on the Saudi alligations of Iran's involvement in Syria?" one reporter asked.
"We state, again, that Iran has no presence in Syria and that we do not see any need to send troops. We are obligated to our laws, wich prevent us from helping out our ally." Rouhani responded.
"And how about the alligations against Saudi-Arabia sposoring islamic extremsits in Syria?" Another reporter asked.
"We strongly condem any nation who supports these terrorists, There is only one legitimate Syrian goverment and that stands under leading of Bahsar Al-Assad."
"Thank you President, and what is your opinion on the latest Saudi actions in their own country?"
"Iran supports the recent laws that where taken by the Saudi-goverment. We hope that they will continue this path, towards a more open Saudi-Arabia."

After the meeting Rouhani met with the parliment of Iran, mainly to discuss the national issues, in that meeting serval achievements where made:
-10 National parks where formed, this was done to preserve the Iranian nature wich had been ruined in the past years. One of these parks would be as large as Belgium itself.
-Servel enviromental laws where passed, also to preserve the nature in Iran.
-The age limit of the Basij militia had been changed from "no age limit" to "14 till 60". This was done mainly to reduce the amount of members and to combat the possibility of childsoldiers.

Rouhani Praised Saudi Internal change, but condemmed its comments on Syria
In a press meeting Hassan Rouhani praised Saudi-Arabia for its improvements on human rights, this came after the Saudi goverment passed serval laws that drasticly improves woman rights and the rights of foreign workers.
At the same moment Rouhani condemmed the Saudi comment on Syria. Saudi-Arabia has been known as a firm supporter of the terrorists in Syria and the two regularly accuse eachother of involvement in the war.
Last edited by Limborg on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Karthalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Karthalia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am

Republic of the Philippine.

The President was outraged when he heard that the Filipino fishermen were being turned back home in their own territory. I need an Emergency Press conference over here. the president told his Secretary.

in an hour 8 Major Nation-wide News stations and CNN was covering the Live Television broadcast..

People of the Philippines.. we are here upon the UN asking to reconsider our territory. China has forced our own fishermen to get out of our own Exclusive Economic Zone was just an absurd act of Aggression we ask the United Nations to see that the Philippines has a 200 Mile EEZ while china's Nine-dash territory claims Most of the South China Sea.. we are here to stand for the integrity of our own people. we Request all nations to stay calm and be at peace. the Military is at standby and that the Philippine Fleet would not tolerate any blockade made by the chinese. we again ask our Western Partners to help us at this situation and we would like USS Washington - the US Carrier at the Shoal to help protect Philippine interest under the act of the Mutual Defense Treaty between the US and the Philippines. then the President then went out of the Press conference and wrote a Letter to Iran.

Republic of the Philippines

Greetings.

I am here on behalf of the Filipino people asking for your help on our Newly initiated Oil rig project WELL WITHIN OUR EEZ. any nation that will telegram you to shut this transaction down please ignore them since this is well within our EEZ. please help guide us on this Project.

Sincerely,
President Benigno Aquino.
Last edited by Karthalia on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
well...

Avissia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Avissia » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:00 am

The New Greek Republic wrote:
The Republic of Kazakhstan

(Image)

June 7th, 2014

Astana, Kazakhstan

President Nursultan Nazarbayev walked into his office, carrying the usual folder of papers, and other pieces of information about internal and foreign affairs. Nazarbayev sat in the leather chair that had awaited his arrival all morning and began reading his briefing. The President couldn't keep focus, being up late last night reading over the new military bill that had been passed by the Kazakh Congress. He stretched before slowly standing up and making him a cup of coffee and taking a sip of it as he began to sit down once again.

He was immediately much more focused on his reading. First thing up, the actions of Iran. Iran had boldy taken a move that had even further segregated itself from the West, as it is currently now investing in making it's military much more effecient than it has been before. Then, even more boldly, taking matters into it's hands and telling the Canandian Ministry to fall back on it's firmly stated opinions on Iran. Though the president seen these actions to be a step in the wrong direction, he didn't want to jeopardize Kazakhstan's chance to build on Iranian-Kazakh relations, which Nazarbayev was focused on increasing since taking leadership.

Next up, Romania has voted to withdraw from NATO and begin recalling troops that were apart of NATO missions back home to Romania. Nursultan was glad to hear that another country had seen the light and chose to reject the ideals projected on the rest of the world by countries like the United States. He intended to make a better relationship with his Romanian counterparts with this news.

Turning to the next page, he was glad to see something about Kazakhstan's greatest ally, Russia. Government reports show that Russia seems intent on initiating more and better relations around the region, no doubt to help achieve the formation of Eurasian Union, which President Nazarbayev was in total support of. Being the largest economy in Central Asia, it was apparent that Kazakhstan was the main focus of the Russians.

The last page that concerned foreign policy was about North Korea's recent discovery of large rare Earth elements within it's borders. The Hermit Kingdom of North Korea would most likely not be interested in letting forein investors operate inside of the secular state. Unless, of course, the investing nation was on good terms with North Korea, and supported the country with almost no dissent against it. So, to get ahold of the great economic chance that has came up, the president decided to form a new relationship with the belligerent state.

He picked one final stack of papers, this stack however was the Military Reform Act of 2014, which would reorganize the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan into several new sections of the army. This would keep the Republican Guard, Armed Ground Forces, Air Force, and a Riverine Force. It would also be creating several branches of military. This includes, the Kazakh Angency of Military Intelligence that will be a spying force and such. The Spetsial'noye rabocheye usiliye, or Special Operational Force, would be created for special operations, and Kazakhstan Missile System
would all be formed as part of the reform. The bill would also progressively increase the active number of troops up to 400,000, and reserve force 700,000, and would also be looking to improve the quality of equipment used by the military. After looking the bill one final time, he signed it into law.

Khabar News Agency

(Image)

Military Reform Act Passed

President Nazarbayev signed the Military Reform Act of 2014 today, this means that the Armed Forces of Kazakhstan will undergo a significant improvement. Active military numbers will increase to 400,000, while the reserve force will be increased to 750,000. The reserve force, however, is expected to be cut in the near future. New braches of the military will be formed in order to make it easier for national security to be ensured. As a result of the bill's passage, the government will be reaching out to various suppliers for more modern weapons.

To: The Government of Iran
Subject: Improved Relations

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that the recent actions of Iran may further itself from the West, with that said, the Republic of Kazakhstan is in support of your actions, and is interesed in further developing our relations with each other to ensure a long, and prosperous future for the both of our nations.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: The Romanian Government

To Whom It May Concern,

I have noticed that the Romanian Legislature has decided to terminate it's membership within NATO. The Republic of Kazakhstan as a whole would like to commend your for this action, and would be glad to begin molding a new relationship between our two great nations so that future generations of Romanians and Kazakhs will stand side by side with each other, no matter what the topic is.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation
Subject: Eurasian Union Meeting

Mr. Putin,

According to my sources, it seems that The Russian Federation is more now than ever in beginning talks for a Eurasian Union. I would like to notify you, President Putin, that the Republic of Kazakhstan is completely on board, and wishes for a meeting to discuss the formation to procede at the earliest possible time.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: Kim Jong-Un, Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un,

It has came to my full attention that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea may contain up to 2/3rds of the world's rare Earth element supply. Now, whether you are or you aren't interested in allowing foreign investors into Korea to observe it, the Republic of Kazakhstan would open relations between our two great nations by constructing an embassy in Pyongyang, and Korea constructing one in Astana.

Signed,
Nursultan Nazarbayev

To: Kazakhstan
Encryption: High

You seem to have misunderstood our recent press release. We have voted to stay a part of NATO, and our withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan will not change our relationship with NATO or the EU. We are still interested in an improvement in relations, should you still be interested too.

Signed,

Victor Ponta-Prime Minister

To: All NATO and EU members
Subject: Military Design Request
Encryption: Medium

As a part of our military modernisation program, we are in need of extra military designs. We therefore request that we are sent designs for modern tank and submarine designs, to help our army and navy.

Signed,

Victor Ponta-Prime Minister
Last edited by Avissia on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse