NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: OOC (New Version/Semi-Alive?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 pm

I dont mean to nitpick New Strausberg but there are several things wrong with your post.
First off, even today with the limited technology we have, it is unlikely a radio broadcast from washington D.C is going to reach all over America.
Radio signals just cannot reach that far.

And with this rp being 50 years after an apocalypse, it is highly unlikely it would even reach out of the general vicinity of washington D.C.
It would be 3dog's situation in fallout 3 all over again.

And one radio station covering all frequencies and canceling everything else out? That is reserved for emergency government broadcast systems which I feel are unlikely to be working this long after the apocalypse. Nor would it be possible for it to do that for all of America due to all the radio rely towers that just arent functioning anymore.

Suffice to say, assuming any of that works at this point, it probably wouldnt work very much past the confines of whatever this rp's version of the fallout 3 map is.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 pm

A quick message to everyone who has a car get ready for reqularly scheduled programming radio to come back. As we speak your good liberators in the Pitt and Washington D.C. are working hard to get our radio communication back up and running to broadcast the message of the new American leader all over the Americans wasteland and eventually the world. Won't thay be great? Also I need suggestions for songs I'll start playing over the radio

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:And if electra's group is looking for a gated community, they can go to seattle like Merida is planning on doing.

I already found one like, last year for them to go to. I just need to find it again. I specifically dug for ones in the Colorado Springs area (Where they are)

Oh. Well good. I'm sure the Cowden group cant wait to meet them. Maybe they will get there before all the destructive fun is over.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Ameige wrote:I dont mean to nitpick New Strausberg but there are several things wrong with your post.
First off, even today with the limited technology we have, it is unlikely a radio broadcast from washington D.C is going to reach all over America.

And with this rp being 50 years after an apocalypse, it is highly unlikely it would even reach out of the general vicinity of washington D.C.

And one radio station covering all frequencies and canceling everything else out? That is reserved for emergency government broadcast systems which I feel are unlikely to be working this long after the apocalypse. Nor would it be possible for it to do that for all of America due to all the radio rely towers that just arent functioning anymore.

Suffice to say, assuming any of that works at this point, it probably wouldnt work very much past the confines of whatever this rp's version of the fallout 3 map is.

Like I said it's a work in progress which has already been adressed. -.- maybe next time pay attention to what's happening not trying to be an ass but I've already been scolded not to mention we already established a lot of this

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Corrian wrote:
Okay, so I got a few options:

Here, which based off the website I got it from, has FREAKING BIG HOUSES, bigger than our characters really need, but eh. Like, two options say they have 3,980 square feet of space. The area has a decent concrete wall that would at least make things better for keeping people out. Better than these crappy, generic walls I see on a couple of the ones I looked at, anyway. The area has about 14 homes that all look to be around the same size. Fairly small, which probably works for our little group and all. Though I know that logically they'd probably be pretty run down with nobody in them after 50 years, especially as wood houses, but eh.

Here, which probably has the nicest wall, but the place is freaking huge. The home thing says 4,200 square feet, for one. But not only that, but the area has about...127 homes. I doubt our characters need that many...

Here, which also has big homes, at like 3,600 square feet. The biggest home I've ever lived in was like 3,200 in Maine and we got that one for a ridiculously good deal. Of course, in this RP, house prices don't matter. There might be a couple of places that are even bigger, that might work for other things that they might want. Like Woodrow's bar :P. Or shops. Or headquarters, whatever. Pretty good wall here, as well. I see two entrances for the place, though one section of the area also appears to be rather empty. Like they ran out of money to build more houses or something. So they have open space for building their own things, if they like. Also looking closely at this one spot, it kinda looks like the one entrance doesn't have a full wall, but we can pretend it does. This area seems to have about 37 homes, plus that mostly empty space.

Here, which probably has the most logical home sizes, at 1,500 square feet. Smaller than my current home, which isn't huge. But it also has the crappiest fence (The metal one, not the wood one). And the homes are rather close together. Some look like two homes in one, too. Which makes it harder to count, but I think it goes to about 50 or so

Personally, I'd probably go for the 1st or 3rd one, despite the home sizes, but figured I'd throw it out and see what the opinion of the others would be. If we want to do the gated community idea period :P

Found my old post on the gated community thing...from a year and ...3, 4 months ago? Damn, can't believe it has taken this long to come from discussing them arriving at the group to them JUST getting out of the group. We need to keep this moving faster :P. It's almost been up 2 years now and technically not much has happened.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Ameige wrote:I dont mean to nitpick New Strausberg but there are several things wrong with your post.

Like I said it's a work in progress which has already been adressed. -.- maybe next time pay attention to what's happening not trying to be an ass but I've already been scolded not to mention we already established a lot of this

My apologizes. I saw some random chitchat about people catching up with each other IC and you saying stuff about coming back
and your post for a new character app and after that I just skimmed over the rest of it.
Didnt think there would be anything super important in there. My bad.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Ameige wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

My apologizes. I saw some random chitchat and your post for a new character app and after that I just skimmed over the rest of it.

It's fine, I juse say in the future you might want to, mostly to save yourself from big posts like you just made over issues already discussed *hugs *

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Ameige wrote:
My apologizes. I saw some random chitchat and your post for a new character app and after that I just skimmed over the rest of it.

It's fine, I juse say in the future you might want to, mostly to save yourself from big posts like you just made over issues already discussed *hugs *

In my defense, I read ooc pages like most people read magazines. If there isnt anything that I should be bothered to look at in the first few parts, I just skim through.
And most of that page was people talking about stuff that didnt relate to my characters so I didnt bother to fully read everything.

But I will try to pay more attention now just incase. *hugs back*

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Corrian wrote:
Corrian wrote:

Here, which based off the website I got it from, has FREAKING BIG HOUSES, bigger than our characters really need, but eh. Like, two options say they have 3,980 square feet of space. The area has a decent concrete wall that would at least make things better for keeping people out. Better than these crappy, generic walls I see on a couple of the ones I looked at, anyway. The area has about 14 homes that all look to be around the same size. Fairly small, which probably works for our little group and all. Though I know that logically they'd probably be pretty run down with nobody in them after 50 years, especially as wood houses, but eh.

Here, which probably has the nicest wall, but the place is freaking huge. The home thing says 4,200 square feet, for one. But not only that, but the area has about...127 homes. I doubt our characters need that many...

Here, which also has big homes, at like 3,600 square feet. The biggest home I've ever lived in was like 3,200 in Maine and we got that one for a ridiculously good deal. Of course, in this RP, house prices don't matter. There might be a couple of places that are even bigger, that might work for other things that they might want. Like Woodrow's bar :P. Or shops. Or headquarters, whatever. Pretty good wall here, as well. I see two entrances for the place, though one section of the area also appears to be rather empty. Like they ran out of money to build more houses or something. So they have open space for building their own things, if they like. Also looking closely at this one spot, it kinda looks like the one entrance doesn't have a full wall, but we can pretend it does. This area seems to have about 37 homes, plus that mostly empty space.

Here, which probably has the most logical home sizes, at 1,500 square feet. Smaller than my current home, which isn't huge. But it also has the crappiest fence (The metal one, not the wood one). And the homes are rather close together. Some look like two homes in one, too. Which makes it harder to count, but I think it goes to about 50 or so

Personally, I'd probably go for the 1st or 3rd one, despite the home sizes, but figured I'd throw it out and see what the opinion of the others would be. If we want to do the gated community idea period :P

Found my old post on the gated community thing...from a year and ...3, 4 months ago? Damn, can't believe it has taken this long to come from discussing them arriving at the group to them JUST getting out of the group. We need to keep this moving faster :P. It's almost been up 2 years now and technically not much has happened.

That last link is pretty much what I had planned for Merida but maybe the houses spaced out a bit more.
Being able to walk 2 feet and your at your neighbor's house is a bit too close for comfort.

But the upper middle class soccer mom type housing is generally what I had in mind.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Ameige wrote:
Corrian wrote:Found my old post on the gated community thing...from a year and ...3, 4 months ago? Damn, can't believe it has taken this long to come from discussing them arriving at the group to them JUST getting out of the group. We need to keep this moving faster :P. It's almost been up 2 years now and technically not much has happened.

That last link is pretty much what I had planned for Merida but maybe the houses spaced out a bit more.
Being able to walk 2 feet and your at your neighbor's house is a bit too close for comfort.

But the upper middle class soccer mom type housing is generally what I had in mind.

Maybe you should look up gated communities near seattle
Times are looking grim these days~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Well I doubt anyone from D.C will be able to hear it but once the Cowdens take over Cheyenne mountain, Im sure there will be transmission devices in there.
And if necessary, Im sure they could hire some people to help rebuild some radio rely towers to boost signals and such.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Corrian wrote:
Corrian wrote:

Didn't we decide on the third one or something?
Times are looking grim these days~

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 pm

God I just realized I have a crap ton of logistical work to get baxk too. I still need to deflood the pitt. Get thay back up and running. Then I need to get more manual labor for the pitt, start bylding roads again, execute the infected population, start fixing power lines, get some type of massive ass generator going possible it's gonna be nuclear that's if I'm lucky, if not I'm a need alot of water and hydro power again if im lucky, after that I need to find some way to get those radio towers working again. God its gonna be a pain in the ass but it will be worth it

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:10 pm

New Strausberg wrote:God I just realized I have a crap ton of logistical work to get baxk too. I still need to deflood the pitt. Get thay back up and running. Then I need to get more manual labor for the pitt, start bylding roads again, execute the infected population, start fixing power lines, get some type of massive ass generator going possible it's gonna be nuclear that's if I'm lucky, if not I'm a need alot of water and hydro power again if im lucky, after that I need to find some way to get those radio towers working again. God its gonna be a pain in the ass but it will be worth it

Oh yeah I forgot. Pittsburg is the flooded/bombed out city in the last of us that you have to swim through full of crumbling ruined buildings.
Ha! Good luck!

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Ameige wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:God I just realized I have a crap ton of logistical work to get baxk too. I still need to deflood the pitt. Get thay back up and running. Then I need to get more manual labor for the pitt, start bylding roads again, execute the infected population, start fixing power lines, get some type of massive ass generator going possible it's gonna be nuclear that's if I'm lucky, if not I'm a need alot of water and hydro power again if im lucky, after that I need to find some way to get those radio towers working again. God its gonna be a pain in the ass but it will be worth it

Oh yeah I forgot. Pittsburg is the flooded/bombed out city in the last of us that you have to swim through full of crumbling ruined buildings.
Ha! Good luck!

Yea when last I left we had finished pumping out a single factory and the lights where a bit of a problem. So where slowly...I mean very slowly getting it running

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:26 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
Ameige wrote:
Ha! Good luck!

Yea when last I left we had finished pumping out a single factory and the lights where a bit of a problem. So where slowly...I mean very slowly getting it running

Well good luck with that. Im sure the Cowdens will have trouble themselves. I cant imagine everything will still be working after 50 years.
Though given its inside a mountain and built to withstand all sorts of things, Im sure most of the stuff is still functioning or at least easily repaired.
Who knows, maybe the Cowdens will be able to communicate with the Neo-Confederacy some day.

Most government bunkers have a direct line to the white house if what I read on the internet is to be believed.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Ameige wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Well good luck with that. Im sure the Cowdens will have trouble themselves. I cant imagine everything will still be working after 50 years.
Though given its inside a mountain and built to withstand all sorts of things, Im sure most of the stuff is still functioning or at least easily repaired.
Who knows, maybe the Cowdens will be able to communicate with the Neo-Confederacy some day.

Most government bunkers have a direct line to the white house if what I read on the internet is to be believed.

Interesting, perhaps when the Neo-cons get the power situation sorted there end will at least be set

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Terintania wrote:Didn't we decide on the third one or something?

I think so, yeah.

Ameige wrote:Most government bunkers have a direct line to the white house if what I read on the internet is to be believed.

That sounds like conspiracy theories to me. Seems a bit..extreme.
My Last.FM and RYM

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 pm

I wanna make a mass murder for some reason I need to let out some emotional steam...would that be ok? Like it would be a bit gruesome no main characters would due but alot of people of the west coast are about to die horribly I'm a try to push you guys east lol

What I hope to soon turn the pitt into

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e2/The_Pitt_Uptown.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120910210440
Last edited by New Strausberg on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:26 pm

New Strausberg wrote:I wanna make a mass murder for some reason I need to let out some emotional steam...would that be ok? Like it would be a bit gruesome no main characters would due but alot of people of the west coast are about to die horribly I'm a try to push you guys east lol

Seems a little excessive. Especially since your guys are on the east coast, anyway, and the west coast is a little far away. Also, my people ain't moving :P

But I can still try and create something, not sure what, so you actually HAVE something to do...Since most of us are either in central US or the west coast.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:Most government bunkers have a direct line to the white house if what I read on the internet is to be believed.

That sounds like conspiracy theories to me. Seems a bit..extreme.

Well you got to bear in mind that governmental bunkers have to be informed if the president or pentagon people are coming so they can get ready.
Or be able to call and warn the president away from certain bunkers if something has gone wrong.
They would need a straight line that isnt blocked up by all the panicky transmissions of people tying up the lines trying to get ahold of relatives or 911 or whatever.

The only reason a president or pentagon people would hide out in a bunker is if something bad is going down and if it is everyone else would be freaking out and tying up the civilian phone lines and radio lines and such.

Doesnt seem too far fetched to me for bunkers meant to house the important people would have a line to the important buildings.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:47 pm

New Strausberg wrote:I wanna make a mass murder for some reason I need to let out some emotional steam...would that be ok? Like it would be a bit gruesome no main characters would due but alot of people of the west coast are about to die horribly I'm a try to push you guys east lol

What I hope to soon turn the pitt into

(Image)

There are allready several people in or going to seattle and a group in california.
Aside from the central US people, you cant get much further than the edge of the united states.

And yes I know someone allready commented on this. But sometimes some clarification is needed on whats going on.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Ameige wrote:
Corrian wrote:That sounds like conspiracy theories to me. Seems a bit..extreme.

Well you got to bear in mind that governmental bunkers have to be informed if the president or pentagon people are coming so they can get ready.
Or be able to call and warn the president away from certain bunkers if something has gone wrong.
They would need a straight line that isnt blocked up by all the panicky transmissions of people tying up the lines trying to get ahold of relatives or 911 or whatever.

The only reason a president or pentagon people would hide out in a bunker is if something bad is going down and if it is everyone else would be freaking out and tying up the civilian phone lines and radio lines and such.

Doesnt seem too far fetched to me for bunkers meant to house the important people would have a line to the important buildings.

Oh, when I was thinking line, I was thinking like a tunnel, and I was confused. That makes more sense.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:08 am

Corrian wrote:
Ameige wrote:

Oh, when I was thinking line, I was thinking like a tunnel, and I was confused. That makes more sense.

Oh, well then no. As far as I know there arent any bunker tunnels that go right to the white house.
But the current president is building a bomb shelter under the whitehouse I hear. But thats modern stuff, not 2013 stuff so that doesnt count.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:04 am

Sorry for the Merida post taking so long. I got part way through a post and Im just stumped. Im not sure what to do with the father/daughter group.
Do I offer them a ride? Would they find it creepy and random for merida to do such a thing? Do I just let them know merida will be in town for awhile and if they want anything, to come see her? I want merida to interact with them some how but Im not really sure how to go about having some random girl they never met before interacting with them out in the middle of an abandoned town. Im sure they are allready quite spooked as it is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse