NATION

PASSWORD

The Travelers: Chapter I (Fantasy RP, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Travelers: Chapter I (Fantasy RP, IC)

Postby Aona » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Chapter I:
To Find the Lost

Chapter I-- Theme
OOC
OOC Live Chat
CURRENT LOCATION-- Hyirin

~fuck off~
Last edited by Aona on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:^)

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:47 am

Cerdran Disciple's Code
A disciple's debt is always paid:
Once for any simple trade.
Twice for freely-given aid.
Thrice for any insult made.

Arella had traveled for days on foot, days by only the small amount of money she had on her. Many people helped her out happily. Bless the goddess Sintiana for them, she would have never made it otherwise. Normally she had only traveled between her home town of Vertton and Cerdra. The road there was easy and often traveled. But this new path was different, and she had to zig-zag across to different mountain passes to get through. She wore the robes of a Cerdran healer and Cerdra's prestigious Sintianic crest clipped the ties of her hooded capelet together. Anyone with half a wit and the faintest idea of what those robes meant would be give any needed aid. It was almost easy to travel for a week and a half. People who did not know of this figured it out soon enough.

Even though she had been helped through much of the journey, she still had to walk most of it. The boots she had found so comfy for years prior pressed horribly against her feet even when she rested. She bared it, however. She needed to get to the city. She needed to make a good impression. She needed to be one of the Travelers.

Once inside the Hyirin city limits, she found herself in another world. It was posh, astounding, and even nearly rivaled Violet square back in Cerdra. She nearly had to keep her hand on her jaw to keep herself from staring open-mouthed at the architecture. The sky was a lovely shade in late sunrise. The party would be starting soon. She refused to be late.

The courtyard outside the house, however, was empty. She looked around, and tugged awkwardly at her hood. When it came down, it revealed a circlet which she promptly pushed the hair around it away from her face. Might as well not look like she was going to rob the place. She looked up at the large impressive door and knocked once. The door came open slightly and she stepped in, looking around speculatively. She kept her footsteps quiet as she looked around. A record player was playing somewhere, giving the place a very empty feeling.

"Hello?" She asked, loud enough to be heard in the room.
Last edited by Vesperis on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:00 am

Vesperis wrote:
Cerdran Disciple's Code

Arella had traveled for days on foot, days by only the small amount of money she had on her. Many people helped her out happily. Bless the goddess Sintiana for them, she would have never made it otherwise. Normally she had only traveled between her home town of Vertton and Cerdra. The road there was easy and often traveled. But this new path was different, and she had to zig-zag across to different mountain passes to get through. She wore the robes of a Cerdran healer and Cerdra's prestigious Sintianic crest clipped the ties of her hooded capelet together. Anyone with half a wit and the faintest idea of what those robes meant would be give any needed aid. It was almost easy to travel for a week and a half. People who did not know of this figured it out soon enough.

Even though she had been helped through much of the journey, she still had to walk most of it. The boots she had found so comfy for years prior pressed horribly against her feet even when she rested. She bared it, however. She needed to get to the city. She needed to make a good impression. She needed to be one of the Travelers.

Once inside the Hyirin city limits, she found herself in another world. It was posh, astounding, and even nearly rivaled Violet square back in Cerdra. She nearly had to keep her hand on her jaw to keep herself from staring open-mouthed at the architecture. The sky was a lovely shade in sunset. The party would be starting soon. She refused to be late.

The courtyard outside the house, however, was empty. She looked around, and tugged awkwardly at her hood. When it came down, it revealed a circlet which she promptly pushed the hair around it away from her face. Might as well not look like she was going to rob the place. She looked up at the large impressive door and knocked once. The door came open slightly and she stepped in, looking around speculatively. She kept her footsteps quiet as she looked around. A record player was playing somewhere, giving the place a very empty feeling.

Lyns looked up, his expression that of a curious animal. One part indifference, two parts amusement. It was a feminine voice, delicate, seemingly quiet. Lyns didn't know who it was, of course, though he did appreciate their earliness. To be early was to be on time, and to be on time was to be late, after all.

"The corridor on your left, Miss," Lyns called nonchalantly.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:21 am

Aona wrote:
Vesperis wrote:
Cerdran Disciple's Code

Once inside the Hyirin city limits, she found herself in another world. It was posh, astounding, and even nearly rivaled Violet square back in Cerdra. She nearly had to keep her hand on her jaw to keep herself from staring open-mouthed at the architecture. The sky was a lovely shade in sunset. The party would be starting soon. She refused to be late.

Lyns looked up, his expression that of a curious animal. One part indifference, two parts amusement. It was a feminine voice, delicate, seemingly quiet. Lyns didn't know who it was, of course, though he did appreciate their earliness. To be early was to be on time, and to be on time was to be late, after all.

"The corridor on your left, Miss," Lyns called nonchalantly.

Arella continued to look around, taking in all of the house. It looked like the structure of an Inn, but with painted walls and fine furniture more widely spread out. It was all simply lovely, she hadn't seen a place this nice at all during her travels. She heard a calm voice from a room on her left. She would have jumped a little if his voice had any more edge on it.

She straightened up and walked in to the other room. It was dim, with beige walls and wood finishings. It was no less lovely than the room before it, and even seemed out of place. She walked in, noticing a bar counter, and a man stood behind it. He had a very serious face, battle worn, but still young. She walked up, still looking around with some trepidation.

"Hello, I...presume you are Lyns Herah?" She almost nodded to herself, he fit the description. She placed her hand on her collarbone, and set her left hand to her side before bowing deeply. It occurred to her that a formal greeting in Cerdra hardly matched that of Vertton or a passing city Callas. Why would it be the same? She awkwardly half-curtseyed, her face displaying uncertainty. "I am Arella Iona, of the Cerdran Sintianic healer's order." It occurred to her that she still had her hand on her collarbone. She dropped it suddenly. "I apologize..." She said, lowering her eyes. "What is..um...a proper greeting in this region?"

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:34 am

Vesperis wrote:Arella continued to look around, taking in all of the house. It looked like the structure of an Inn, but with painted walls and fine furniture more widely spread out. It was all simply lovely, she hadn't seen a place this nice at all during her travels. She heard a calm voice from a room on her left. She would have jumped a little if his voice had any more edge on it.

She straightened up and walked in to the other room. It was dim, with beige walls and wood finishings. It was no less lovely than the room before it, and even seemed out of place. She walked in, noticing a bar counter, and a man stood behind it. He had a very serious face, battle worn, but still young. She walked up, still looking around with some trepidation.

"Hello, I...presume you are Lyns Herah?" She almost nodded to herself, he fit the description. She placed her hand on her collarbone, and set her left hand to her side before bowing deeply. It occurred to her that a formal greeting in Cerdra hardly matched that of Vertton or a passing city Callas. Why would it be the same? She awkwardly half-curtseyed, her face displaying uncertainty. "I am Arella Iona, of the Cerdran Sintianic healer's order." It occurred to her that she still had her hand on her collarbone. She dropped it suddenly. "I apologize..." She said, lowering her eyes. "What is..um...a proper greeting in this region?"

Lyns smiled, quietly amused by this girl's flustered state. She was young, a few year younger then he, with very soft features. Cute, in a literal sense of the word. She clearly had traveled great distances, and wanted to make a first impression. He stared awkwardly at her bow for a few moments, before smiling again, this time almost fatherly.

"Please stop bowing, Miss Iona. We are both guests of honor tonight, we need not such formalities." He outstretched his hand. "Lyns, as you already know, apparently. I didn't know my name has spread that quickly." He poured a drink for her, handing it to her gingerly. He nodded, and pointed to her pin.

"Then again, I see you are Sintianic. Been a while since I've been to Cerdra, much less seen that medallion. Hopefully it is well." He said, trying to start a conversation. The melody of the record player echoed in the distance.
Last edited by Aona on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Complectus
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Complectus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:48 am

Laila grinned all throughout the city. It was huge and beautiful. She would definitely have to go exploring later. Yknow, if she had time. Her current objective, however, was the residence of that Lyns person who was to be evaluating the candidates. Hyirin was definitely a city for the rich and noble, so she wasn't surprised by the large two story home that greeted her. This was supposedly the place to be.

The door was already open so Laila figured, why not, and invited herself in. Voices seemed to be emitting from the left corridor, so she went that direction. The first thing she saw was the curtsied back end of some Cerdran woman. Second, the awkward stare of a young man before it turned warm. They seemed to be discussing Cerdra. Hmm, Laila had wanted to visit the city, but hadn't yet, she had been exploring the borders of Renedere until coming here to Hyirin. Her bare foot made the wooden board under her creak as she stepped into the room.

"Uh, hello. Is that ale? Ah, just what I needed," she said with a grin, making her way past them both to the table where a large map and empty tankards awaited her. Turning on her toes, she pointed to the young man. "You are that Lyns fellow, right?" she confirmed, hoping she hadn't barged into a random citizen's home.
My hobbies include fuck off and no.

-Wally West
-Cortana
-Samwise
-Altair
-Jack Frost

Check out my fanfic for the Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons crossover (currently on hiatus)

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:05 am

Aona wrote:
Vesperis wrote:Arella continued to look around, taking in all of the house. It looked like the structure of an Inn, but with painted walls and fine furniture more widely spread out. It was all simply lovely, she hadn't seen a place this nice at all during her travels. She heard a calm voice from a room on her left. She would have jumped a little if his voice had any more edge on it.

Lyns smiled, quietly amused by this girl's flustered state. She was young, a few year younger then he, with very soft features. Cute, in a literal sense of the word. She clearly had traveled great distances, and wanted to make a first impression. He stared awkwardly at her bow for a few moments, before smiling again, this time almost fatherly.

"Please stop bowing, Miss Iona. We are both guests of honor tonight, we need not such formalities." He outstretched his hand. "Lyns, as you already know, apparently. I didn't know my name has spread that quickly." He poured a drink for her, handing it to her gingerly. He nodded, and pointed to her pin.

"Then again, I see you are Sintianic. Been a while since I've been to Cerdra, much less seen that medallion. Hopefully it is well." He said, trying to start a conversation. The melody of the record player echoed in the distance.

Arella relaxed a little when he spoke. It was the kind of voice that soothed those who needed it the most. She appreciated that and straightened up. She took his hand and shook it, three strong shakes, as her father had taught her. How had she forgotten, she didn't know. She almost flushed at the mere idea of it.

Then, he noticed her pin. She looked down, noting its still shiny finish. The barest hint of a smile appeared on her lips. But just as she was about to speak once more, another woman walked in the room. She almost raised an eyebrow in confusion but kept a mostly passive face as the woman went straight for the ale. "Cerdra is...uh...well." She said, keeping her eyes on the new guest.

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:13 am

Lyns's eyes lazily glanced from Arella's towars the doorway, where he saw the whit-haired woman enter. She was loud, that was certain. Hearing her request, Lyns gave off a light chuckle, before laughing heartily for a few moments, catching his breath, he poured her a drink, still smiling.

"My apologies for laughing. You caught me off guard. Yes, I am Lyns Herah. This is Miss Iona.....Arella." He nodded in her direction, and slid the ug to her. Before returning to Arella.

"That is good. I trust there have been no more wolfpacks threatening the city walls? That wasn't a particularly fun trip....had to drop my daughter off with a Callas Noblewoman. Haggardly woman."

Complectus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Complectus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:24 am

Aona wrote:Lyns's eyes lazily glanced from Arella's towars the doorway, where he saw the whit-haired woman enter. She was loud, that was certain. Hearing her request, Lyns gave off a light chuckle, before laughing heartily for a few moments, catching his breath, he poured her a drink, still smiling.

"My apologies for laughing. You caught me off guard. Yes, I am Lyns Herah. This is Miss Iona.....Arella." He nodded in her direction, and slid the ug to her. Before returning to Arella.

"That is good. I trust there have been no more wolfpacks threatening the city walls? That wasn't a particularly fun trip....had to drop my daughter off with a Callas Noblewoman. Haggardly woman."

With a nod and a confident smile to each of them, she introduced herself. "Laila. I hope that won't be too difficult to remember," she said sarcastically. Laila finished by taking the mug gratefully and a hearty swig of ale.

"So ...Arella, what is Cerdra like anyways? Besides the apparent wolves, I mean. I've yet to travel there." Some deity surely must have been rolling its eyes at her ridiculous puns. She didn't really care.

-Wally West
-Cortana
-Samwise
-Altair
-Jack Frost

Check out my fanfic for the Rise of the Brave Tangled Dragons crossover (currently on hiatus)

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 am

Sirthi Wa't'hilia

Often, traveling out of water was very exhausting for Sirthi, but considering Hyirin had many sources of water the traveling was made relatively easy for once. Walking through the city streets Sirthi had to suffer many gazes and muffled whispers, she gotten used to this, Merfolk were normally rarely seen so far from the sea, the beaches is the furthest in land they usually venture. Sirthi was one of the few exceptions in this matter as her interest of everything above land was simply to much to keep her in the ocean.

The second thing she had discovered that drew the gazes of many was the fact Sirthi didn't actually wear any clothes, it was true that wile scales covered her body and covered what needed to be covered, but simply not wearing clothes always seemed to disturb most races. That was one of the first discoveries Sirthi made up land, she still wondered whether this was simply because of the idea of nudity with surface dwellers, or the fact that wile everything was covered by scales, not a single curve was hidden, or maybe it was a mix of both.

Arriving at the house of Lyns, Sirthi simply knocked once on the door, it didn't matter that the door was open or closed, her held back nature and what she had learned of surface dwellers so far forced her to wait here for an invitation to enter. This was not just out of courtesy or concern for safety, this was also because she had discovered that even when invited, the sight of her scared people easily so she felt it best to follow customs to the letter when she could, and if she knew them.

So Sirthi waited there for someone to invite her in, she probably also would have to explain that wile looking dripping wet, as she had traveled here mostly through rivers, that her physiology and magic were keeping the drops from leaving her body by any means other than vaporization through heat, so she wouldn't be making a wet mess off everything inside. Not even her feet would leave wet prints behind.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 am

Cyris Sigillus
City of Hyirin

Arriving on horseback, Cyris strolled through the city gates, pulling his steed along with him. This horse had some similarities to Cyris himself; pale-gold skin, a white mane, and the fact that the horse was entirely unaccustomed to this new world. The winter elf didn't have pale gold skin, of course, closer to a white or light grey coloration than anything, but the similarities were still there. As he walked through the gates pulling the reigns of the horse, he got some odd looks from some of the residents, likely due to his appearance more than anything. He currently wore his standard light black armor, along with the usual blue cloths over it. Cyris wasn't sure if these cloths had any significance to it, but he liked them. It reminded him of the curtains and drapes he found hung over the windows back at the Monastery. It reminded him of his home, more or less.

Continuing to stroll through the city, he found a stable not too far from the gates. He decided to leave his equine companion there for the time being, seeing as there probably wouldn't be that much use for a horse in the city. After securing the horse in the stables and futilely telling him that it would be alright, he departed further into the city. Cyris found himself admiring the quite-relaxing surroundings of Hyirin; he had noticed a number of waterfalls flowing from the city outside the gates, and was only greeted with more relaxing vistas upon entering the city. People stood about, happy and jolly, talking with one another as buildings of elegant design stood around them. It truly felt new to Cyris, even after three years of being in this world, he still never tired of seeing happiness about instead of anguish or sorrow. The architecture and scenery of the city was also alien to him, as the monastery he lived in was built to last, not to be pleasing to the eye. The few items of decoration the monastery had was treasured by Cyris though, such as the previously-mentioned curtains, and even an odd statue of a beast that Cyris was told was a "drah-gon". Nevertheless, no matter how much of these spectacles he saw in the world, he enjoyed them immensely.

Cyris was supposed to report to a man by the name of "Lyns Herah" at his home in this very city, regarding an order known as the "Travelers". It all seemed cryptic to Cyris, but if it meant seeing more of the world and meeting new people, he was up for it. He found the specified house that was mentioned in the message he received after a bit of sightseeing and walking; it was a two story house, quite the nice view from the outside of the building. Cyris readjusted the straps of his leather knapsack over his shoulder, and began to walk towards the building, eager to see what awaited him there.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 am

"So I get paid now, right?"

"Beat it kid."

"Wait, what?"

".....You heard me, leave, go away."

"But I just fucking stole a letter from the Travelers, for you, man!"

"Mate, I only asked you to do this cuz I was busy, it was an easy job."

"Fuck you, asshole."

"Well that's a bit rude."

And with that, the man, more of a boy really, whom had recently been screwed over tremendously by the being opposite him, took a swing at the figure half covered by the shadow of an overhanging stone archway. Stowing the red wax sealed letter within the folds of his clothing, Tobius caught the strike and transferred it's momentum into the doorway he'd stood in seconds before.

Reeling from the counter attack, his assailant's hands flew to his, now bloody, face, and brushed over a clearly broken nose, sounding off a scream of pain on his behalf. Then, in an act of desperation, a brick entered the fray on the side of Mr. Pissy, only to be yanked from his inexperienced grasp, dropped to their feet, and it's master have a tooth knocked from a headbutt, rendering him unconscious.

Letting the man fall to the ground, Tobius retrieved the letter he'd just kicked wholesale ass for, broke the seal, and began to read. It's was, oh what's the right word to use for this emotion..... Oh yes! Dull, that's what he was looking for! Dull! Gods, the Travelers were desperate, calling out to convicted felons, healer, and even the bloody northern monks.

This particular letter was addressed to some Knight by the name of Arshdale, but that was quickly remedied with some TLC work and the forging his own name onto the, unofficial looking, papers. The werewolf didn't even know why he was going to this, the Travelers were a dying breed, only one was left if he wasn't mistaken, and weren't exactly rich. If it were only those two variables, he wouldn't attend, instead he'd probably fight a hobo for a sandwich, but there was the X Factor: the new recruits.

Each of them came from across the world, and to do so, one would need a certain level of protection, namely: coin and weapons. The group would be rife with it, not to mention their methods of transportation to the meeting, and would be too busy listening to some speech about their noble quest to kill demons or some shit like that.

Tobius removed the metal mask he wore during 'business hours' and left the alley he'd stood in, picking his way through the crowds of the city and, eventually, finding his way to, what he believed to be, the meeting place......and it was a bit of a strange scene. A naked blue woman was standing in front of the wooden door, knocking on it expectantly.

Doing a double take, Tobius glanced behind himself, thinking he just got punked, and that a group of men with some of those video machines would come running at him from the bushes saying he was on TMV(Televised Music Viewing). But when no one came running, the thief turned his attention back to Blue, and, more exclusively, a belt that hung at her waist, weighed down at a certain part due to a bag of coin.

Passing by a bespectacled Elven man, Tobius approached, silently arriving beside the, now clearly not human, woman. "Cold?" He questioned in his accented voice, attempting to initiate small talk, and keeping his eyes away from the coin filled pouch.
Last edited by Joshulia on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Of planets
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Of planets » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 am

In truth, Lark didn't know why he was requested to come here, and as Lark's feet charged through a mountain pass, all he could think about was why would he be requested to come here? It was true that Lark had wanted to go to this "Traveller's Hall" as it was put to him, however Lark had thought it beyond his capabilities. It was true that Lark had earned some small fame in his time under the knights of the stag and the recent time curtain, but he thought himself fairly ordinary. In truth, Lark was very good, probably among the best martial combatants on the planet. As no one else was currently available, that nice half-ogre was really the only guy they had left to pick from. Yes, Lark thought, that was it.

Lark slowed to a canter as he entered town, he had been running for days with partial sleep and no food, he just wanted to wind down his muscles. There were more than a few stares aimed at Lark as the 7'9 Half-ogre walked about the square outside Lyns' house before Lark eventually let his curiosity get to him, Lark approached the house, expelled a deep breath to combat his inner rage, and entered. There was a small knock before Lark opened the door and ducked his head to gain entry. At the moment it was a small congregation of people, others had not yet arrived (or at least he hoped) and it seemed as though there were... spellcasters. Lark shuddered at the thought of dealing with magic before he tried to draw himself to full height, hit his head, and then introduced himself "Hello, my name is Lark the Unkillable, Bane on magery, the godless, knight of Glaciers, Lord of Ice, owner of the vast pocket, Ranger of Mt. Chakathamore and Alie's ring, slayer of Isild Cain, guardian of arrows, half-man, I was told there was a meeting of heroes..." Lark delighted as he recounted his names and hesitated slightly, most here weren't what you would make of a stereo-typical hero.
Last edited by Of planets on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, call me Planets

My RPs
Major John J. Johnson
The Blue wizards
Elrond halfelven
Tarik Blepharon
Theo Bell, Archon of the Brujah
Lark The Unkillable
Father James Hooper
The Carpenter
Belthazar Cauk
Thorak The Ineffable
Magil Of The Shadows
John Sydney Addams
The Foltests
Grace Caballa
Felix Jaeger
Rohan

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:02 am

Through the streets of Hyirin strolled a young woman, hair lightly colored and glossy, eyes of the same color looking all around her. Lien Lyarail, or Lily, as she preferred to be called, had just arrived at Hyirin after receiving an invitation to the Annual Grand Ball and being told to seek out one Lyns Herah before said ball, and she hadn't known what to expect. Having lived most of her life in a small riverside town, she had never seen a place quite like the grand castle-city before, as even her three years of journeys hadn't prepared her for these sights, and thus she looked around, her curious eyes drinking everything around her. She was, understandably, awed by the city, with its elegant architecture and pristine colors and everything else, the sounds of rushing and falling water combining with the wind and the voices of the birds to form a melody that was, more than anything else, pleasant. Truly, this place was so grand and elegant, she felt it was something alien to her, and that for a moment broke her awe-filled reverie. She wasn't from around here, that much would be obvious to whoever spared a glance at her, but for a moment she worried. This was, after all, a Grand Ball she was meant to attend to. Wouldn't she look too out of place?

Her features were, after all, unlike those of the people of Hyirin, at least as far as she could observe. Her hair ornaments, silvery works of art finely crafted by none other than her own father, which now rested on her head, gave her a foreign look, as well, though she was completely and utterly unwilling to depart with them, considering them a most precious heirloom and a reminder of her home, which she hadn't seen for years now. Her dress was also rather unfitting for these lands, though as it was hidden beneath her white robe, it was not drawing any stares towards her like her hair ornaments did, making her think that it had been a good idea to buy that robe earlier. It also helped her in that it gave her a place in which to store her flute, though her lyre she had to carry on her hands.

But either way, these worries she quickly managed to push aside, for the moment at least. They had summoned her, so, surely they would welcome her despite being different? She couldn't possibly be the only one out of place, after all. If they had invited someone such as her, then odds were they had invited people from all over. This thought conferred her calmness and a greater confidence, and so she continued walking through the streets of Hyirin, looking for the place she had been told to seek in order to find the man she was to meet, Lyns Herah, last of the Travelers according to, well, according to everyone. She did not stop observing her surroundings, though. The errant gazes of the natives were something Lily could easily ignore if she so wished, preventing them from unnerving her, and with that out of the way observing both the beautiful buildings and the bright skies of Hyirin alike was a rather nice thing to be doing.

Finally, she arrived at the place, the abode of Lyns Herah, a two-story building that put most of the places she had spent the night on to shame. Normally, this would be what would have caught her attention and caused her surprise, but that was not the case at all this time. No, the building was not what caught her attention. Lily walked into the courtyard outside Herah's house, and imagine what surprise it caused, particularly to one whose journeys were minor compared to those of many others, to see what appeared to be an unclothed blue woman with strange traits ressembling those of a fish standing outside the building, and what looked from afar like a giant among men walking through the front door, having to crouch in order to do so. All of this mystified her, but it also relieved her.

Why?

Well, she didn't feel out of place at all anymore.

Walking quietly, Lily approached the people who were waiting outside the door, and once there, she did a small one-handed curtsy as a means of greeting, given that she was holding her lyre with the other hand and that she couldn't really speak in order to greet them. She figured it was best to wait out here with them rather than go inside like the giant man had done, so she did just that, and waited.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Streetgrind
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Streetgrind » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:24 am

Hyirin

The City looked just as boring as he remembered. Golden spires blocked out the surrounding forests. Guards walked in the night, fearing the shadows more than what was in them. Temples graced whatever spirit or deity was currently in vogue. Whatever. Erna didn't understand religion. He didn't care for understanding this city. He was born and raised in it, but that did not mean it was his city anymore than a zoo is a lion's natural home. Deep in his bones, he felt that his world was beyond the city walls. That world still called out to him. The pulsating heartbeat of war rang in his ears constantly. Sometimes he could hear the near orgasmic screams of a man having killed for the first time.

It had been years since Erna had returned to his once home. Looking out of the stagecoach's dirty window, he saw how much things had changed. He hadn't returned to Hyirin ever since he got that volunteer assignment in the Hinterlands. For good reason, too. When you are known as the master of ungentlemanly warfare, everyone hates you. Your opponents despise you for being "unfair", which Erna found funny. How can a man be fair in times of survival? Fairness was a restriction in war. Especially the kind of wars he fought in. But that paled to the hatred he received from his allies. The very cities he defended from bandits loathed his apparent brutality and unfairness. Never mind that his brutality had boosted trade. Clearing roads made caravans more common. Hyirin profited, and yet he was loathed and forgotten. Erna took note of every building he couldn't remember from twenty years ago. He liked to think that those new shops, butcheries and markers were built with his blood money. And they didn't even know it.

"Sir?"

Erna looked up from the surgical tubing he had wrapped around his left arm. His linen shirt was pushed up, revealing a scarred and pockmarked arm. A vein bulged, poked by a needle. The needle held a solution of numbing fire, partly opiate based but with an underlying coca extract edge. The stagecoach driver looked as Erna pushed the plunger down and shivered with delight. Erna didn't really care. He had to be sharp. No flashbacks, no flop sweats and no disassociations tonight. He couldn't afford that. Even so, Erna couldn't be on too much, or else he would float away. He let the initial rush subside before he spoke with the coach driver.

"Yes?"

"We're here, Mister...?"

"Homme. Erna Homme." Walking out, he left a bag of 40 silver coins as payment. The driver yelled at him.

"You're the butcher! The Butcher of Gitlow Pass! The murderer! The Ungentleman!" The driver's fist quivered like a raging antennae towards heaven.

"Why yes I am. Don't blame me for carving up the meat you eat." Without further ado, Erna walked up the stairs toward the house indicated by the invitation. Before he walked in, he had to be sure he looked presentable. His overcoat was brown and a bit worn, yet still worked. He wore a plain linen shirt and vest under that, which covered a hidden leather cuirass. Even in his place of birth, there was still a danger. Knives were hidden all across his vest and pants. The only visible weapon he had was a short sword. Pulling down his sleeve, he hid the surgical tubing and the syringe.

He walked into the home, noticing that others had already arrived. He already liked this ball. It was not overly decadent. There were no gold plated golden statues in dedication of wealth and achievement. There was no detached snobbishness of the "world above", but instead a small grouping of others. Erna couldn't imagine a phrase besides "others". It seemed as though the world had searched far and wide for the most disparate group of individuals. There was a man made of stone greeting non uniformed warriors and thieves. You couldn't find a more different group of men and women. He could tell they were warriors by a dull glow they had behind their eyes. Most people had a bright glow in their eyes composed of hope and dreams. Violent individuals had none of that. They knew, deep down inside that they would die painfully on some distant soil. Further down, they knew they would enjoy their death.

"Evening. Erna Homme, butcher of men and good taste. Pleased to meet you."
Lay down, black gives way to blue

Sun Wukong wrote:
Menassa wrote:Why?

You know, I try not to make jokes about Jewish over-sensitivity. But literally one person said they laughed at an antisemitic poster and "Menassa is summoned!"

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:37 am

Joshulia wrote:*snip*
Tobius removed the metal mask he wore during 'business hours' and left the alley he'd stood in, picking his way through the crowds of the city and, eventually, finding his way to, what he believed to be, the meeting place......and it was a bit of a strange scene. A naked blue woman was standing in front of the wooden door, knocking on it expectantly.

Doing a double take, Tobius glanced behind himself, thinking he just got punked, and that a group of men with some of those video machines would come running at him from the bushes saying he was on TMV(Televised Music Viewing). But when no one came running, the thief turned his attention back to Blue, and, more exclusively, a belt that hung at her waist, weighed down at a certain part due to a bag of coin.

Passing by a bespectacled Elven man, Tobius approached, silently arriving beside the, now clearly not human, woman. "Cold?" He questioned in his accented voice, attempting to initiate small talk, and keeping his eyes away from the coin filled pouch.

Sirthi Wa't'hilia

Sirthi looked at the new arrival, she didn't exactly expect someone to talk to her but she wasn't opposed to a conversation wile waiting at the door "Jiiii Oosoyyo Jeech Eeas." were the first words that came from her mouth, it was instinct that made her reply in her native language, not intention and as soon as she realized she began correcting herself "Sssorry, not used to talk in the tongue of the sssurface. I'm not cold, I'm hot, thisss weather ish very warm compared to the deep blue and the light is alwaysss ssso bright. Took days to adjust to that without constantly using my nictitating membranes.".

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

"Nictitating membrane?" Tobius replied, friendly smile now adorning his face, "Love, you'll have to forgive me but I sort of forgot all those biology lessons back in day so I'm not entirely sure what that means." He glanced at the door, wondering if anyone on the other side could hear their conversation.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

Joshulia wrote:"Nictitating membrane?" Tobius replied, friendly smile now adorning his face, "Love, you'll have to forgive me but I sort of forgot all those biology lessons back in day so I'm not entirely sure what that means." He glanced at the door, wondering if anyone on the other side could hear their conversation.

Sirthi Wa't'hilia

As a reply to the stranger his confusion, Sirthi felt like it was better to show than try and explain, both because it was easier to simply see than hear an explanation and secondly because Sirthi wasn't that good in explaining something in the surfacedweller's tongue. She looked at the stranger's face "Look in to my eyes." Having said that she waited until his eyes were fixed on hers and then a secondary set of eyelids closed, a set that instead of closing from the top and bottom closed sideways, one that protected her eyes but she could still see through them "nictitating membranes" having said and shown that she opened her nictitating membranes again.
Last edited by Siliarba on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Alldas Morron
As per usual, Alldas arrived late.
He couldn't travel by carriage, because he was far too heavy for even four horses to carry; there was little reason to augment his traveling speed with magic as well, and why bother when he could enjoy the nature?
People tended to be, at best, interesting, and at worst, annoying and dangerous.
He sighed as he arrived outside the Ball. He didn't know why he'd come; it was a waste of time. No one wanted such a slow and potentially vulnerable golemn, anyhow.

Ah. Whatever.
Alldas shrugged and then walked towards the door.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:21 pm

The sun shined brightly out today. Its warm rays beamed down upon Sandersonia's long body, warming her. It was extremely comfortable. She did this most of the day. She didn't need to steer the ship, nor maintain the supplies. Her meals were brought to her by the chef, so she didn't need to move from her spot. The only time she went to her cabin was to sleep or hide from the rain. Some called her a sloth. Those warmbloods just don't get the joy of feeling the warmth of the sun.

A shadow covered her tail. "Captain. We're docking at the port of Hyirin," said a gruff male voice. She opened her eyes to see her first mate, Feran, standing over her. The man was 6'2', 200 lbs of muscle, dark skinned, and had a head of clean combed black hair which he arranged into a ponytail. "Already?" she said, slightly disappointed. She stretched and yawned loudly. She got up and looked to see the port of Hyirin. It was small in size, due to the limit of space between the rock wall and the sea. But docks covered the coastline, leaving no space unused. There were many vessels docked there as well, from sloops and brigs to war galleys and the large transport galleons which ferried the Renedere army along the long rivers and seas.

"Captain!" a female voice shouted from the stern deck. It was her helmsman, Yala. "I see the signal flags!" Yala said. "Steer the Lily Joy to that dock, Yala!" Sandersonia shouted back. She was told in the letter that there would be a dock reserved for her ship. That reminded her of her reason for being here. She received a letter when she was docked for repairs. She was invited to the Annual Grand Ball in Hyirin. Apparently they were re-uniting the Travelers and she was being invited to part of the group. She would be evaluated by a man named Lyns, said to be the last of the Travelers.

Sandersonia was surprised that Renedere kingdom was inviting her, an infamous pirate, to go to their grand ball, let alone join the most renown group of adventurers known in Renedere. But she was extremely excited. Her eyes glistened after reading it because she was so excited. Joining the Travelers?! It was a once in a lifetime thing. She could sail all the seas, but she never thought she could join the Travelers, especially with her infamy. She remembered when she first read the letter she wanted to sail out immediately, even though their ship wasn't seaworthy yet.

Though, she did have her suspicion. Was this a government attempt to capture her? She was an infamous pirate and this kind of stuff attracted her. The letter did say none of her crew would be arrested on the spot. It even said she would be pardoned along with her crew if she joined the Travelers. She made sure to confirm it was true. Days later she learned that several other people got the same letter as well. With that in mind, she set said for Hyirin.

Sandersonia slithered over the main deck, up the stairs onto the quarter deck, and slithered over to her cabin. She had to get ready for the Ball and the meeting with Lyns. She had many types of clothes from all around the Southern Sea and Renedere. She wanted something comfortable for her, but also beautiful and exotic. She settled on a pink outfit from the Aran Kingdom in the Southern Sea (its a pink arab dancer dress for visualization). She put the outfit on and went over to a cage which housed her toucan. She never really gave it a name, as it liked to name itself. Sometimes it was john, others it was Ricardo. It varied. She settled the toucan onto her shoulder and exited her cabin. The Lily Joy was drifting into port by this point.

"Men! Tie her to port! Ready the gang plank! Tie up the sails!" she said, shouting orders. The job was done in 3 minutes flat. She always prided over her speedy crew. She slithered over the gangplank and onto the dock. She was on land yet again. It always felt different to her. She was used to the sway of a ship. But it was also symbolized something else. The end of an adventure, but also the start of a new one. She turned to her men on the ship. "You're on land again. Feel free to do whatever you want, as long as it isn't criminal," she said. The crew laughed. It was a joke in the crew. They rarely did anything criminal to begin with. She turned back and started slithering her way to the destination.

Sandersonia had been slithering for 20 minutes. The distance from the port to the main city was great. The path was made to carry wagons, making it a long road up to the city proper. She made it to the top, seeing the main city. It was lovely. She had seen many lovely cities out at sea, but she never expected to see one like this inland. She continued onward, looking at the buildings all around her. As she walked, men stared at her, ignoring whatever they were doing to look. Some walked into objects or other people, distracted by her beauty. She paid them no attention. She came upon the Inn that was described in the letter. It was a small in, only two stories, but looked lovely. Other people were gathered outside, which she assumed were the other people that were invited. She slithered up to the door and opened it. She turned her head to the others waiting out side and said, "You don't need to be invited into an Inn."

The inside was as lovely as the outside. It looked as comfortable as a home. Other people were inside as well, surrounding the bar. She assumed these were also the other invites. She slithered up to the bar and rested her elbows upon it. She looked up to the man who she assumed was Lyns. He fit the description alright.

"So, you're Lyns? You look to be a rugged fellow. But that is what I should expect from a Traveler," Sandersonia said, "Though, I don't know why you're running such a homey Inn. You have a soft heart?" She extended her hand to the man for a handshake. "Anyways, I should greet myself. I'm Captain Sandersonia Baem, Empress of the Sea, Snake Princess, infamous pirate, captain of the Lily Joy, yadayada. It's okay if you never heard of me. I never expect people so far inland to pay attention to the seas," she said.

"IIIIIHHH! Most beautiful woman in the world! IIIIIHHH!" screeched the toucan on her shoulder. Sandersonia sighed. "Yeah, that too."
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Cyris Sigillus

After seeing a number of figures pass by him, and a few of them heading to the very house he made his destination, Cyris decided to double time it so he wouldn't miss out on anything. He rushed up the street until he ultimately came upon the outer grounds of the house, stopping for a moment. He shook any dust off of the robed parts of his armor that he may have accumulated on his journey, and let out a sigh. Cyris slowly walked towards the front steps of the house. A number of figures were accumulated there, which drew his attention. A fairly formidable-looking man, a woman with pretty adornments in her hair, and a man conversing with another figure, a blue merfolk, which caught Cyris' attention in a whole different way. He soon realized that the blue woman was adorned with no clothing, which only made him nervous more than anything. Cyris slowly walked up the steps, thinking of what to say as not to make a fool of himself already.

"Good day, everyone. This is the home of Lyns' Herah, correct?" He said in a calm and polite tone, bowing his head slightly as he approached.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Siliarba wrote:
Joshulia wrote:"Nictitating membrane?" Tobius replied, friendly smile now adorning his face, "Love, you'll have to forgive me but I sort of forgot all those biology lessons back in day so I'm not entirely sure what that means." He glanced at the door, wondering if anyone on the other side could hear their conversation.

Sirthi Wa't'hilia

As a reply to the stranger his confusion, Sirthi felt like it was better to show than try and explain, both because it was easier to simply see than hear an explanation and secondly because Sirthi wasn't that good in explaining something in the surfacedweller's tongue. She looked at the stranger's face "Look in to my eyes." Having said that she waited until his eyes were fixed on hers and then a secondary set of eyelids closed, a set that instead of closing from the top and bottom closed sideways, one that protected her eyes but she could still see through them "nictitating membranes" having said and shown that she opened her nictitating membranes again.

"Okay," Tobius said, an amazed look replaced the smile on his face, "that's a new one. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you? I've never seen anyone quite like you before." His eyes widened yet again as a half snake made its way past the group outside and into the bar, what the hell was even going on here?

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Lyns nodded to the new recruits entering, and called towards the ones who evidently stood in the doorway, "It's open, please, join us." He then returned his eyes to the new arrivals, an ogre, a butcher, a lamia, and another man. A Golem stood in the doorway. What a crowd already.

"Lark. I've heard stories. Good to have you. Mr. Homme, I believe we have crossed paths before, at least been in the same city at once. Where are you resident?" Lyns asked, now realizing he would need to make more ale than he thought. He got to work, and produced three glasses, one for Laila, who was almost done with hers.

"Yes, I have heard of the Baem. You're quite infamous on the southern coast. And this is not my inn, merely my home. MY daughter is sleeping upstairs, actually, so I'd appreciate a check on volume." Another drink.

"This is. Cyris, yes?" This was one of the few Lyns actually saw the profiles of. Another drink.

He finally lazily turned to the Golem. "An ogre and a golem already? My, my, they really went wild with the recruitment seals, didn't they? Where are you from?"

Yet.
Another.
Drink.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Siliarba wrote:Sirthi Wa't'hilia

"Okay," Tobius said, an amazed look replaced the smile on his face, "that's a new one. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you? I've never seen anyone quite like you before." His eyes widened yet again as a half snake made its way past the group outside and into the bar, what the hell was even going on here?

Sirthi Wa't'hilia

"I'm of the Merfolk, I guess you surfacedwellers call me a mermaid." Turning her head to the stranger awkwardly moving towards the door she was standing at "Yes I believe this is the place you're looking for as so many others are like myself.". Having said that Sirthi heard that she was allowed entrance and walked inside the room. Sirthi explored the entirety of the room with her eyes, she wasn't used to buildings like these in general. The idea of a chair itself was foreign to her for example. At this stage Sirthi was more a silent observer than anything else, trying to figure out what everything was.
Last edited by Siliarba on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Complectus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Complectus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Laila put her nearly empty mug of ale to the table with a 'clunk!' "Alright," she started, peering around the room at the odd people who had actually entered. "I've been to wondering; why does everyone have these fancy malt-worm titles turning their names into a damned pamphlet?"

With a thumb pointing at herself she continued, "You know what I say when I introduce myself? I say Laila. That's how my people did it. Is it a custom or something to introduce yourself like a king? If so, then by all means, call me Laila the Blessed, the Mistress of Ice, wearer of blue, of the Kalharthi Tribe. That better?"

-Wally West
-Cortana
-Samwise
-Altair
-Jack Frost

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse