NATION

PASSWORD

2014 (Modern world, OOC/Signups, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Why is there a new OOC?
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Marsisian wrote:Why is there a new OOC?

OP is AWOL, need to update country list because people are posting for countries already taken and getting frustrated and leaving.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Farendale
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Farendale » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Columbion wrote:Im going to attack Israel to help out the Palestinian people abit and to get retribution for the popes death (ya know Mossad likes killing people just to start sh!t between nations) and attack Iran to get retribution for the popes death. No fucks with a a mainly Roman Catholic terrorist organization and gets away with it.

I'm Israel...
JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU
Move to Sunalaya!
Proud member of the Sunalayan Union
My RP Population is 304,378,000
My citizens are not Farendians, they are Farendites. For MT RPs, I am the Republic of Farendale.

Role-Plays i'm involved in:
2014 Modern RP (I'm Israel)

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:19 pm

The Broken Russian States wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:The Bundeswehr is purely defensive. Even within the bounds of modern defense, you need UN approval to operate outside of Germany.

I need UN approval to have more than 370k, and that is a waste of time.

AND since there is no USA to stand up to Russia's shenanigans, I have to do it. Italy has to do it. Britain and France do.

Shenanigans?

You seem to belive that Saudi Arabia and Qatar, who have been proved to have helped the terrorists behind Sochi attack are innocent.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Farendale wrote:
Columbion wrote:Im going to attack Israel to help out the Palestinian people abit and to get retribution for the popes death (ya know Mossad likes killing people just to start sh!t between nations) and attack Iran to get retribution for the popes death. No fucks with a a mainly Roman Catholic terrorist organization and gets away with it.

I'm Israel...

Dude, the OOC got moved http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184#p18811842

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Alleniana wrote:They killed people, help me or I lelshitkidstomp

Also, take Belfast? If that's the kinda shit that's going round, I'm going to have to ignore. The IRA can't have more than thousands of members, which I already have in Belfast (soldiers), plus tanks and all the like.

In addition, I never got a response to respond; I'm just being told my people are getting shot up.

dafeq

there's referendums

^
Exactly. Jesus Christ, people. I have thousands of soldiers being reinforced there.

Just read this. Yeah, no, ignoring. IRA overwhelms British Army? Nope.
Consider this official beginning of ignore cannon bombardment.

I'm only going to take the first terrorist attack seriously, for the record. All others, I'm ignoring.

Also, dafuq? Why are people attacking the Vatican, and how is possibly one of the richest organizations in the world failing to protect them?

As to Germany, sure. Help is appreciated, but there's onyl been one terrorist attack from UK POV.

Look of Shankill Road or Peace Walls.

I know, but they are claiming they have done frontal assaults on most military fortifications in NI and won.
Equalium wrote::twisted: Transnistria has been recognized by Belarus...

Let the torture of the little weak nations like Moldova begin :twisted:

Say, is it okay if I make a Moldova app so I can actually split the Mfer? And maybe take Hungary so I can have Hungary recognize the PMR and help them take Moldova?

@Ukraine player, why are you calling your country "The Ukraine" if it's politically not correct? You know that all documents state "Ukraine" not "the" Ukraine because it indicates that Ukraine is a province, not a country.

Hebei is a province, I don't call it 'the Hebei'. Sicilia was a province, I don't call it 'The Sicilia'. 'The' indicates nothing, really. It is of no substance.

The Broken Russian States wrote:France posted just yesterday on here I think.
Britain posted some yesterday, not on IC, but they did.

But what about Italy? I'm not fighting the Federation of Fucking Russia alone.

I need to resolve NI.

As for Russia-Iran, they can go screw themselves; AFAIK, nothing seriously dangerous has occurred. Am I wrong?
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Are you sure on that? Are you REALLYsure Germany can boast the better government?

Lets see;

Top Country in EU (Check)
Government Surplus planned? (Check in both RL and RP)
Top Ten Military? (Check)
Major World Power (Check)

Sorry Ireland, I can screw you over myself, without Britain, both peacefully and not. U mad bro?

If Britain actually tried to get into the EU's nitty gritty, I'm sure it'd hold that title. Other than that though, true. Terrorism in Europe just isn't acceptable. Go do it in Afghanistan, plz.
Limborg wrote:
The Broken Russian States wrote:Here's hoping. Peace talks fail = NATO invades Russian middle eastern allies.

Iran's only demand is the resignment and punishment of the Royal famelies of Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi-Arabia.

Why don't you ask Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II to resign too while you're at it?
Ptolemais wrote:Christ who cares about what the Pope has to say? He's influential, but no one is going to listen to his calls for a damn Crusade. The best course of action isn't invading the Vatican, it's to just humour him and let him pretend that he has actual power.

I can't believe people even want to go to war with the Vatican FFS. It's all war war war war war

He couldn't have been elected, really. By now, the asylum's vans should have arrived.
Columbion wrote:
The Broken Russian States wrote:I will burn Ireland to the FUCKING GROUND if you attack Lima.

Are you asking for Berlin to be a new home for IRA activity?

IRA ain't gonna have a player if you don't fix your act up.

wait, dafuq, new OOC? Does Miaphysite know?

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Look of Shankill Road or Peace Walls.

I know, but they are claiming they have done frontal assaults on most military fortifications in NI and won.
Equalium wrote::twisted: Transnistria has been recognized by Belarus...

Let the torture of the little weak nations like Moldova begin :twisted:

Say, is it okay if I make a Moldova app so I can actually split the Mfer? And maybe take Hungary so I can have Hungary recognize the PMR and help them take Moldova?

@Ukraine player, why are you calling your country "The Ukraine" if it's politically not correct? You know that all documents state "Ukraine" not "the" Ukraine because it indicates that Ukraine is a province, not a country.

Hebei is a province, I don't call it 'the Hebei'. Sicilia was a province, I don't call it 'The Sicilia'. 'The' indicates nothing, really. It is of no substance.

The Broken Russian States wrote:France posted just yesterday on here I think.
Britain posted some yesterday, not on IC, but they did.

But what about Italy? I'm not fighting the Federation of Fucking Russia alone.

I need to resolve NI.

As for Russia-Iran, they can go screw themselves; AFAIK, nothing seriously dangerous has occurred. Am I wrong?
Lets see;

Top Country in EU (Check)
Government Surplus planned? (Check in both RL and RP)
Top Ten Military? (Check)
Major World Power (Check)

Sorry Ireland, I can screw you over myself, without Britain, both peacefully and not. U mad bro?

If Britain actually tried to get into the EU's nitty gritty, I'm sure it'd hold that title. Other than that though, true. Terrorism in Europe just isn't acceptable. Go do it in Afghanistan, plz.
Limborg wrote:
Iran's only demand is the resignment and punishment of the Royal famelies of Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi-Arabia.

Why don't you ask Barack Obama and Queen Elizabeth II to resign too while you're at it?
Ptolemais wrote:Christ who cares about what the Pope has to say? He's influential, but no one is going to listen to his calls for a damn Crusade. The best course of action isn't invading the Vatican, it's to just humour him and let him pretend that he has actual power.

I can't believe people even want to go to war with the Vatican FFS. It's all war war war war war

He couldn't have been elected, really. By now, the asylum's vans should have arrived.
Columbion wrote:
Are you asking for Berlin to be a new home for IRA activity?

IRA ain't gonna have a player if you don't fix your act up.

wait, dafuq, new OOC? Does Miaphysite know?

He does know, and Buhj is the Co-op anyway.

Columbion
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Columbion » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:19 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
The Broken Russian States wrote:As much as I fucked with China, I really don't want to start world war 3.

Not again.

No more euro wars pls.

Peace in europe after Ireland bows to england.

Never going to happen.

Don't worry, the Republic of Ireland has morals but the IRA doesn't. If Germany or England invades you I'll just make London and Berlin inhabitable by dirty bombing both of them :D

Arizona Alliance
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arizona Alliance » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Official Name of Nation:Republic of Ukraine
Population estimate:44,854,065
Head of State:Viktor Yanukovych
Head of Government:Serhiy Arbuzov
Capital City:Kiev

A brief rundown of the military
Army:11,149,646 soldiers and officers of Ukraine
Air Force:43,100 pilots and squardon leaders
Navy:15,470 seamen and admirals
Anything else? (Nukes, Chemical Weapons, Missiles, anything that doesn't fit in the other ones):Missles,Anti-Missle defence

Describe the Government system:The President is elected by popular vote for a five-year term and is the formal head of state. Ukraine's legislative branch includes the 450-seat unicameral parliament, the Verkhovna Rada. The parliament is primarily responsible for the formation of the executive branch and the Cabinet of Ministers, headed by the Prime Minister. However, the President still retains the authority to nominate the Ministers of the Foreign Affairs and of Defence for parliamentary approval, as well as the power to appoint the Prosecutor General and the head of the Security Service.Laws, acts of the parliament and the cabinet, presidential decrees, and acts of the Crimean parliament may be abrogated by the Constitutional Court, should they be found to violate the constitution. Other normative acts are subject to judicial review. The Supreme Court is the main body in the system of courts of general jurisdiction. Local self-government is officially guaranteed. Local councils and city mayors are popularly elected and exercise control over local budgets. The heads of regional and district administrations are appointed by the President in accordance with the proposals of the Prime-Minister. This system virtually requires an agreement between the President and the Prime-Minister, and has in the past led to problems, such as when President Yushchenko used a legally controversial ways to evade the law by appointing no actual governors or the local leaders, but so called 'temporarily acting' officers, thus evading the need to seek a compromise with the Prime-Minister. This practice was very controversial and required review by the Constitutional Court.Ukraine has a large number of political parties, many of which have tiny memberships and are unknown to the general public. Small parties often join in multi-party coalitions (electoral blocs) for the purpose of participating in parliamentary elections.

Describe the economy:In Soviet times, the economy of Ukraine was the second largest in the Soviet Union, being an important industrial and agricultural component of the country's planned economy. With the dissolution of the Soviet system, the country moved from a planned economy to a market economy. The transition process was difficult for the majority of the population which plunged into poverty. Ukraine's economy contracted severely following the years after the Soviet dissolution. Day to day life for the average person living in Ukraine was a struggle. A significant number of citizens in rural Ukraine survived by growing their own food, often working two or more jobs and buying the basic necessities through the barter economy. In 1991, the government liberalised most prices to combat widespread product shortages, and was successful in overcoming the problem. At the same time, the government continued to subsidise state-run industries and agriculture by uncovered monetary emission. The loose monetary policies of the early 1990s pushed inflation to hyperinflationary levels. For the year 1993, Ukraine holds the world record for inflation in one calendar year. Those living on fixed incomes suffered the most. Prices stabilised only after the introduction of new currency, the hryvnia, in 1996.

Describe the state of Foreign Affairs:In 1999–2001, Ukraine served as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council. Historically, Soviet Ukraine joined the United Nations in 1945 as one of the original members following a Western compromise with the Soviet Union, which had asked for seats for all 15 of its union republics. Ukraine has consistently supported peaceful, negotiated settlements to disputes. It has participated in the quadripartite talks on the conflict in Moldova and promoted a peaceful resolution to conflict in the post-Soviet state of Georgia. Ukraine also has made a substantial contribution to UN peacekeeping operations since 1992.Ukraine currently considers Euro-Atlantic integration its primary foreign policy objective, but in practice balances its relationship with the European Union and the United States with strong ties to Russia. The European Union's Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA) with Ukraine went into force on 1 March 1998. The European Union (EU) has encouraged Ukraine to implement the PCA fully before discussions begin on an association agreement. The EU Common Strategy toward Ukraine, issued at the EU Summit in December 1999 in Helsinki, recognizes Ukraine's long-term aspirations but does not discuss association. On 31 January 1992, Ukraine joined the then-Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (now the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe—OSCE), and on 10 March 1992, it became a member of the North Atlantic Cooperation Council. Ukraine also has a close relationship with NATO and had previously declared interest in eventual membership; however, this was removed from the government's foreign policy agenda upon election of Viktor Yanukovych to the presidency, in 2010. It is the most active member of the Partnership for Peace (PfP). All major political parties in Ukraine support full eventual integration into the European Union. The Association Agreement with the EU was expected to be signed into effect by the end of 2011, but the process has been suspended as of 2012 due to recent political developments.
Ukraine maintains peaceful and constructive relations with all its neighbours; it has especially close ties with Russia and Poland, although relations with the former are complicated by energy dependence and payment arrears.

Describe the state of the nation internally: (Just how it's doing in general, basically):Ukraine (Listeni/juːˈkreɪn/; Ukrainian: Україна, transliterated: Ukrayina, [ukrɑˈjinɑ]) is a country in Eastern Europe. Ukraine borders the Russian Federation to the east and northeast, Belarus to the northwest, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova to the southwest, and the Black Sea and Sea of Azov to the south and southeast, respectively. It has an area of 603,628 km2 (233,062 sq mi), making it the largest country entirely within Europe.
The territory of Ukraine was first inhabited at least forty-four thousand years ago. It is a candidate site for both the domestication of the horse and for the origins of the Indo-European language family.
In the Middle Ages, the area was a key center of East Slavic culture, before being divided between a variety of powers. A Cossack republic flowered for a century in the early modern period, but Ukraine remained otherwise divided until its consolidation into a Soviet republic in the twentieth century, becoming independent in 1991.
Ukraine has long been a world breadbasket due to its fertile conditions. The country, as of 2011, was the world's third-largest grain exporter. In 2011, the harvest was much larger than average harvest, and export fees had been lowered. Ukraine is one of ten most attractive agricultural land acquisition regions.
Ukraine is a unitary state composed of 24 oblasts (provinces), one autonomous republic (Crimea), and two cities with special status: Kiev, its capital and largest city, and Sevastopol, which houses the Russian Black Sea Fleet under a leasing agreement. Ukraine is a republic under a semi-presidential system with separate legislative, executive, and judicial branches. Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukraine continues to maintain the second-largest military in Europe, after that of Russia. The country is home to 46 million people, 77.8 percent of whom are ethnic Ukrainians, with sizable minorities of Russians (17%), Belarusians and Romanians. Ukrainian is the official language of Ukraine; its alphabet is Cyrillic. Russian is also widely spoken. The dominant religion in the country is Eastern Orthodox Christianity, which has strongly influenced Ukrainian architecture, literature and music.
Scholars disagree on whether the origin of the name of Ukraine meant "borderland" or "homeland". The form "the Ukraine" was once usual in English. Since the Declaration of Independence of Ukraine the English-speaking world has largely stopped using the article.

Any additional notes:N/A
RP example:N/A
PRO
Capitalism,Freedom,USA,New York,Christianity.Any ally to USA,Arizona,Wachington DC,Japan,Australia,NATO,UK,Hawai

ANTI
Communism,Russia,Rachism,Non-Christians,Iraq,Iran,Socialism,Terrorism,Criminals

The Broken Russian States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Broken Russian States » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 pm

We already have a Ukraine, and if you go to the previous page, there is a link to a new OOC
Somewhat official debating account of Roski

Columbion
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Columbion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 pm

The Broken Russian States wrote:We already have a Ukraine, and if you go to the previous page, there is a link to a new OOC

That Ukraine isn't active and has only posted 2 lines of text in the IC. He should be the new Ukraine.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Waztaskio » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm

STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD, REVERT TO THE NEW ONE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:47 am

Waztaskio wrote:STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD, REVERT TO THE NEW ONE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184

Revert means return
>.>

Also, call a mod to lock it.
/thread

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

Well, if were trying to close it does not help to continue posting on here.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse