NATION

PASSWORD

2014 (Modern world, OOC/Signups, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Farendale
Envoy

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Farendale » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Legendardisch wrote:-Legendardisch-

You realize i'm Israel, right?
JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU
Move to Sunalaya!
Proud member of the Sunalayan Union
My RP Population is 304,378,000
My citizens are not Farendians, they are Farendites. For MT RPs, I am the Republic of Farendale.

Role-Plays i'm involved in:
2014 Modern RP (I'm Israel)

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 pm

@EU people, you guys should be doing whatever it takes to make Ukraine pro-EU. If Ukraine remains pro-Russian, it will join the EAU and spell disaster for your relationships and your chance to stop the EAU from spreading.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 pm

I realize that I'm Germany and part of the EU and all(I think, don't really know much about the EU), but I really don't care about the Ukraine.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Volvek wrote:I realize that I'm Germany and part of the EU and all(I think, don't really know much about the EU), but I really don't care about the Ukraine.

No but its the fact that if they join the Eurasian Union that will become established in 2015 by Putin, then its a foothold into Europe that will be a big threat. Belarus is in Europe, yes, but if a more developed nation like Ukraine falls to the EAU, then it will become a threat in the future.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Farendale
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Farendale » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Volvek wrote:I realize that I'm Germany and part of the EU and all(I think, don't really know much about the EU), but I really don't care about the Ukraine.

No but its the fact that if they join the Eurasian Union that will become established in 2015 by Putin, then its a foothold into Europe that will be a big threat. Belarus is in Europe, yes, but if a more developed nation like Ukraine falls to the EAU, then it will become a threat in the future.

So true...
JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU
Move to Sunalaya!
My citizens are not Farendians, they are Farendites. For MT RPs, I am the Republic of Farendale.

Gujiristan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gujiristan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:19 pm

mumble gibber domino theory mumble mumble
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, a tooth for a tooth makes the dentures industry the largest in the world. Capitalism always profits for some reason.
The day everybody gets human rights is the day that there will be no more humans left.

I hail from Hong Kong, a bastion of freedom precariously balanced on the edge of China.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Guess it's a good thing I was born in 'Murica.
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"

Farendale
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Farendale » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Volvek wrote:Guess it's a good thing I was born in 'Murica.

I was born in 'Murica and live there today. :p
JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU
Move to Sunalaya!

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Tiberium Imperium wrote:
Official Name of Nation:
Republic of Iceland

Population estimate:

Head of State:
President Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson

Head of Government:
Prime Minister Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson

Capital City:
Reykjavik

A brief rundown of the military

Army:
Iceland has currently no standing army, aerial defense if provided by EU nations.

Air Force:
Provided by the EU.

Navy:
10 Patrol ships.

Anything else? (Nukes, Chemical Weapons, Missiles, anything that doesn't fit in the other ones)
Nope.

Describe the Government system:
The government is both a representative democracy and a parliamentary republic. The parliament the Alþingi (Althing) has 63 seats, elected from all over Iceland by a universal vote. The President of Iceland is ceremonial but serves as a diplomat, real political power rests in the Prime Minister, currently Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson, a representative of the Framsóknarflokkurinn (Progressive Party).

Describe the economy:
Iceland is abundant in Fish, its primary source of income is renewable energy sources such as Geothermal and Hydroelectric power. Minerals are abundant and a thriving tourist industry exists, because of Iceland's large geothermal pools which decorate the country.

Describe the state of Foreign Affairs:
Iceland is renowned around the world. It is currently a member of the UN, NATO, EFTA, and OECD. Iceland has diplomatic and commercial contacts with almost every nation on earth and is mainly non-aligned. Iceland is also a member of the Nordic Council. Iceland is also a member of the European Economic Area.

Describe the state of the nation internally: (Just how it's doing in general, basically)
Iceland is very stable at this time. With the recent election of the center-right Independence Party and the Centrist Progressive Party the government and economy is stabilized. After the Icelandic financial crisis and revolution the nation is recovering very well.

Any additional notes:
Nope.

RP example:

Accepted, welcome to the RP.

Also, that Italian app is looking good so far.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Good luck with the coup Venezuela, your going to get some quick United States response when that happens i'll tell you.

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Would it be possible for me to play as Far Right paramillitaries in the US?
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Galter Gulcher wrote:Would it be possible for me to play as Far Right paramillitaries in the US?

What I would recommend, is allowing you to start a political party, and then creating a Paramilitary wing and train them up. You need a party to have the paramilitary wing.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Waztaskio wrote:Good luck with the coup Venezuela, your going to get some quick United States response when that happens i'll tell you.

I'd choose wisely how you'll go about responding to the coup. May I remind you another war of intervention will not be good for deflating economy and trade sanctions will hurt you more than me. Plus what's it to ya, my business is my business back off.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Waztaskio wrote:Good luck with the coup Venezuela, your going to get some quick United States response when that happens i'll tell you.

I'd choose wisely how you'll go about responding to the coup. May I remind you another war of intervention will not be good for deflating economy and trade sanctions will hurt you more than me. Plus what's it to ya, my business is my business back off.

We shall see...

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Well, seems like everything to be said already has been.

Also, EAU? Threat? What are they gonna do, sanction us? The only thing they can do is compete on the market, which, really, isn't terrible, nor is it avoidable. Ukraine in EU would be nice though.

Gujiristan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gujiristan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote: Anyway, the Hong Kong app will need to be approved by the Jade Confederacy who is playing as China. If they approve you're in.

Still nothing from the Jade Confederacy... :|
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, a tooth for a tooth makes the dentures industry the largest in the world. Capitalism always profits for some reason.
The day everybody gets human rights is the day that there will be no more humans left.

I hail from Hong Kong, a bastion of freedom precariously balanced on the edge of China.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 am

Alleniana wrote:Well, seems like everything to be said already has been.

Also, EAU? Threat? What are they gonna do, sanction us? The only thing they can do is compete on the market, which, really, isn't terrible, nor is it avoidable. Ukraine in EU would be nice though.

The EAU is a security threat to your nation. As well it will have the world's largest supply of oil and such. It will be a force to compete with in the future. Also since Russia is expected to be a food super power in the 2030's that'll be a threat to the EU. But I guess that's not soon, the point still stands. Stop them from forming.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 am

Russia needs to make the opening post to the Winter Olympics....
*Huzzah he lives!*

Fesconia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fesconia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:23 am

Is China or the UK or India or the US taken?

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 am

Fesconia wrote:Is China or the UK or India or the US taken?

Check the OP list. I believe all of those are taken (besides maybe India). But China hasn't posted yet and we need some stuff soon from everyone. I would suggest taking India if someone hasn't yet.

Edit: This is the 420th post, lets just stop the thread here on a 'high' note :3
Last edited by Bujahla on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Bujahla wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Well, seems like everything to be said already has been.

The EAU is a security threat to your nation. As well it will have the world's largest supply of oil and such. It will be a force to compete with in the future. Also since Russia is expected to be a food super power in the 2030's that'll be a threat to the EU. But I guess that's not soon, the point still stands. Stop them from forming.

Security threat in what way?

threat
θrɛt/Submit
noun
a person or thing likely to cause damage or danger.
"hurricane damage poses a major threat to many coastal communities"

If they invade me, then USA nuke their ass. If they land troops here, I shoot 'em. If they phuq around with bonds and stock securities, well, I can do that better.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

threat
θrɛt/Submit
noun

If they invade me, then USA nuke their ass. If they land troops here, I shoot 'em. If they phuq around with bonds and stock securities, well, I can do that better.

Well okay then.....
*Huzzah he lives!*

Owlowiscious
Attaché

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Owlowiscious » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:30 pm

I'd play as the European Union, only I don't think I would be very involved if I did. So, here goes (:

Official Name of Nation: Federative Republic of Brazil.
Population estimate: 201,032,714
Head of State and Government: Dilma Rousseff.
Capital City: Brasilia.

A brief rundown of the military
Army: 200,000
Air Force: 75,000
Navy: 75,000
Other: With the 10th largest Armed Forces in the world, Brazil is a force to be reckoned with militarily. Brazil does not possess any nuclear or chemical weapons. It is a strong supporter of complete nuclear and chemical disarmament around the world. Brazil does, however, have sufficient resources and the technology to produce nuclear weapons. Brazil is not involved in any territorial disputes or other conflicts with neighbours. The Brazilian Armed Forces have a strong tradition of participating in UN Peacekeeping Missions. The current major Brazilian military objective is to form a strong, blue water navy that can protect its interests at sea, in partnership with its large brown water navy which patrols and protects Brazils vast system of rivers and lakes, as well as it's coast. The Navy currently operates 107 ships, including an aircraft carrier. The Air Force operates 822 aircraft and 214 helicopters. The Army operates almost 30 000 vehicles in all; the majority logistical. It operates almost 500 tanks.
Describe the Government system: Federal Presidential Republic with a bicameral executive.
Describe the economy: Brazil has the 7th largest GDP in the world. As part of the BRIC Group, it is one of the fastest growing in the world and is predicted by many economists and analysts to become the fifth largest in the decades to come. It ranks first among Latin America and second in the Americas in most rankings of economies. Tourism is a major economy, creating the most service based jobs. The economy is mixed, with exports including iron, steel, ethanol, soy, aircraft, cars, and technology. However, the economy does face problems; corruption alone costs Brazil $41M and the Brazil Cost makes trading in Brazil difficult for foreign businesses.
Describe the state of Foreign Affairs: Brazil enjoys cordial relations with most nations. It uses it's status as an emerging global power and current regional power to not only provide financial aid to many countries, but also to provide assistance and technology to implement reforms and help stimulate growth. Foreign policy is, ultimately, down to the wishes of the President.
Describe the state of the nation internally: Brazil is a stable first world democracy. However, it does have many internal problems. The lack of infrastructure has made communication between those in the remote Amazon regions and the rest of Brazil difficult. Illiteracy is a major problem in those regions, as is child and mother mortality. Tribes are still discovered on an irregular basis that have little or no knowledge of the outside world. The country has a large gap between the rich and poor. Recently, riots have occurred in major, Southern and Western cities such as Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Salvador over this problem.
Any additional notes: Don't think so (:

RP example: I've been in around 30 RPs on Nationstates, under three different names - I'd prefer not to list them (taps nose). I don't have any RP examples on this account - sorry (:

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Bujahla wrote:

threat
θrɛt/Submit
noun

'USA nuka their ass.', yeah. That made me laugh. No nation on Earth will simply just fire a nuke at anybody without sparking global thermonuclear war, which you might as well just 'bite the bullet'. It would be easier, quicker, and a lot less messy, though messy nonetheless.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Actually to stop this EAU crisis, USA will pass a bill to allow for oil refining in Alaska, therefore solving this future oil conflict from harming us.

Edit: And so it does not come out as MG, I was going to do this after Venezuela does his stuff anyway, so yea. So it was being planned ahead of time.
Last edited by Waztaskio on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse