NATION

PASSWORD

History of Man III (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:10 am

Aurixa wrote:

Confirmed. :)
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Vaxon
Post Marshal

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaxon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:15 am

I have no idea how to open...
Greetings, If you're reading this, YOU ARE A STALKER!
Now, in all seriousness, I am an American Male.
Greater Mackonia wrote:"A car carrying a Communist a Capitalist and a Fascist breaks down, the Communist implores for the three to unite and push the car forward, though it may take significant time and misery. The Capitalist declares that the three should hire a taxi, though it will be costly and the taxi only has room for two. The Fascist gets in the car, sounds the horn and pretends the car is still moving."

-A Mack Saying.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:33 am

Vaxon wrote:I have no idea how to open...

Perhaps contacting the outside world?
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:00 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:@Fortunagen:

Landing and dispatching cavalry in that manner on Easter Island will be rather difficult if not impossible. The huge line of fortifications that bisects the island is a rather large barrier, and you'd have to land on one side or the other. Land on the US side and if the Polynesians suddenly see a cavalry unit coming at their lines, they'll shoot. Land on the Polynesian side and it'll be considered an invasion and they'll shoot. The bombardment fleet will stop shelling if you try to enter Nač Moto to talk with the pro-US troops, but won't go off station. Trying to approach Tē Moto in force will likely provoke a military reaction.

So if you want to contact the sides, I would guess sending a smaller auxiliary ship toward each port is a better idea, rather than trying to do so overland.

Well, the cavalry are waving a parlay flag and yelling at everyone to stop shooting and stuff, plus they are the only ones in horses(Who dafuq there has horses already?) and they are the only ones wearing really fancy uniforms on the Equilibrian side, so I'd hope your guys would be able to tell that is wasn't your average soldiers. That works, right?
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Vaxon wrote:I have no idea how to open...

Oh hi! I actually sent you an IC message asking to allow trade with your nation. I'm in south America.

@Horus, I'm not sure how much you've got but my claims are:
1. The Osytrr colony in South America (so make it a different color, like a musky green... wait u're color blind crap... well whatever color works for you)
2. I purchased the Rylonian Cape Colony so the southern one
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Bujahla wrote:@Horus, I'm not sure how much you've got but my claims are:
1. The Osytrr colony in South America (so make it a different color, like a musky green... wait u're color blind crap... well whatever color works for you)

1. I'm not color-blind. Only deuteranopic. This basically means that the occasional colors will look very similar. But only a few.
2. Could you provide proof that Reatra gave you part of his/her land? I need to have that.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Fortunagen wrote:Well, the cavalry are waving a parlay flag and yelling at everyone to stop shooting and stuff, plus they are the only ones in horses(Who dafuq there has horses already?) and they are the only ones wearing really fancy uniforms on the Equilibrian side, so I'd hope your guys would be able to tell that is wasn't your average soldiers. That works, right?

If it's changed to a single officer, yes. A whole unit approaching the front line, in a situation where war's already been raging for a few months, is still going to be subject to a shoot-first, ask-later impulse, especially since this is the first news the men on the front line are getting of your arrival. A single man with a flag of truce is less likely to be engaged, and even if he is, less likely to get hit until he approaches close enough to see the flag.

Quirina wrote:Maybe the reawakening of the "miracle of the world". I dunno. I have many things for Spain in mind, maybe rewinding back what Spain was. I really dunno.

I'm still questioning Polynesia's ability to make ships and guns.

Question all you like. You won't get an answer while I'm sleeping.

Quirina wrote:My only questions were the capability of Polynesians to make guns and make large ships, despite the fact that all of Polynesia only consist of small islands, where productivity is impossible until the 1900s or so.

Why is productivity impossible? What somehow makes the natives of the islands incapable of making anything until the year 1900 dawns and they are suddenly imbued with divine knowledge on how to use tools? The islands, even in IRL history, were quite heavily populated at this time.

Initial shipbuilding knowledge was largely imported. Some from Asia, some from Europe, wherever ships could be purchased. Some came when people immigrated to take part in the whaling industry, and it was around this time that the first docks were constructed to build and service these ships, which further developed local experience. The Polynesians then worked their way up from medium junks to larger ships, experimenting until they reached their current designs.

And lo, you have no interactions with Japan. Japan is the only nation in Asia that was blessed by Spain in handing the power of gunpowder through interaction in the 1600s. If you started to detail the history of Polynesia in the 1600s, how did you acquired such technology to proceed to muskets and rifles without any interaction to a nation that possessed such tech?

Is Spain somehow the sole-source proprietor of all gunpowder technologies? Because strangely, by 1800, it seems that everyone, their mother, their uncle, and their cousin twice-removed has it and is trading it since it is no longer a secret. Even the Rawhitiroans had basic gunpowder technology in the 1600s (go read their wiki page), and Polynesia had interaction with them.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:35 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Bujahla wrote:@Horus, I'm not sure how much you've got but my claims are:

1. I'm not color-blind. Only deuteranopic. This basically means that the occasional colors will look very similar. But only a few.
2. Could you provide proof that Reatra gave you part of his/her land? I need to have that.

pic of the telegram
And my inbox is too small. I'll just TG him to verify it with you.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Bujahla wrote:
HorusLand wrote:1. I'm not color-blind. Only deuteranopic. This basically means that the occasional colors will look very similar. But only a few.

pic of the telegram

no idea what first part means
Also, how can your inbox be too small? It's infinite, but it deletes older messages. :/

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Bujahla wrote:
pic of the telegram

no idea what first part means
Also, how can your inbox be too small? It's infinite, but it deletes older messages. :/

Well I guess it deleted it then
*Huzzah he lives!*

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Bujahla wrote:
HorusLand wrote:no idea what first part means

Well I guess it deleted it then

Send me a TG linking Reatra giving you the land. You have the entire weekend, I won't be updating until then.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:05 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:If it's changed to a single officer, yes. A whole unit approaching the front line, in a situation where war's already been raging for a few months, is still going to be subject to a shoot-first, ask-later impulse, especially since this is the first news the men on the front line are getting of your arrival. A single man with a flag of truce is less likely to be engaged, and even if he is, less likely to get hit until he approaches close enough to see the flag.

Okay, I can do that.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:58 pm

I apologize for not posting in the IC as of late. I've just been having severe writer's block lately :( I'll be sure to get a post in the IC up by tomorrow, though.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 am

HorusLand wrote:
Alleniana wrote:By the way, Horus, might want to update Merry Christmas to Happy New Year or something now

no
that would jinx it
jinxing christmas is totally acceptable
jinxing new year is heresy >:c

:'(
sowwy

Polynesia has had many links with gunpowder, shipbuilding nations, and though they aren't as good as Europe, that should be fairly clear, as chances are even Shackefold isn't.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:02 am

Alleniana wrote:
HorusLand wrote:no
that would jinx it
jinxing christmas is totally acceptable
jinxing new year is heresy >:c

:'(
sowwy

Polynesia has had many links with gunpowder, shipbuilding nations, and though they aren't as good as Europe, that should be fairly clear, as chances are even Shackefold isn't.

Shacklefold has relations with Japan and Bakarus so I don't think they won't have a good gunpowder technology.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Okay, is THIS Iran:

Because if Iran is Turkmenistan, then you are completely off your game, Horus. :/
Also, I saw that you gave Thrace, the other half of Istaymus that belonged to Ukraine for years.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Equalium wrote:Okay, is THIS Iran:

Because if Iran is Turkmenistan, then you are completely off your game, Horus. :/
Also, I saw that you gave Thrace, the other half of Istaymus that belonged to Ukraine for years.

The player applied as Iran
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 pm

East Asia is going to hell again.

Prepare yourself, Ryukyu. You are about to experience the Chinese for the first time, in an offensive battle, against you, and the first time to see the Chinese Navy in action.

This is what happens when you don't co-operate with us, nor listen to the anger that Taiwan has against you.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Equalium wrote:Okay, is THIS Iran:

The player applied as Iran

Horus said I can have a part of it though because I invaded it before he became a player.
Frisivisia wrote:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Equalium wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:The player applied as Iran

Horus said I can have a part of it though because I invaded it before he became a player.

What does that have to do with the name, though? Just because you got the Iranian part of their land doesn't change their name from what it is now
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

ANOTHER FEKING UPDATE!!

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:03 pm

New factbook for my nations,

~ Ukraine ~

Nation Name: The Ukrainian Empire
Population: 49 Million
Military Numbers: 360,200
Leader: Czar Nikolai III
Capital City: Kiev
Largest City: Prypiat
Notable Cities; Odessa, Donetsk, Mijoskopol (A city in northern Pontus), Tbilisi, Antalyasberg, (Gomel, Belarus), M'insk.
Location: Ukraine Proper (excluding two territories owned by Dacia), Belarus, Caucasus, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Pontus region of Turkey and the other half of Istamus (Constantinople/Istanbul). Colony in: Togoland, Mali, Burkina Faso and Benin. Ex colony: The United States of Natalya.
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Ideology: Feudalism
Economy: Agriculture, Coal Mining, Iron Mining, Weapons Manufacturing. The economy is pretty strong, and on a scale of 77/100 in measures of economical strength. It had weakened down a bit, but only to 76, but it continues to weaken.
Religion: Orthodox Erhamism
Anything else: 1847 is fast approaching... :blink:
Anthem of Ukraine

------
~ Mosuite China ~

Nation Name: The Mosuite Dynasty of China
Population: 58 Million (870,000 Taiwanese Refugees)
Military Numbers: 94,000 (Much military training in the past 8 years)
Leader: Empress Xia Jilnglia, Prime Minister Zhuge Zhang
Capital City: Kaifeng
Largest City: Qingxi
Government: Absolute Monarchy with a Representative Imperial Council.
Ideology: Matriarchal Feudalism with some aspects of Capitalism.
Economy: Agriculture, Science, Textile and Lacquerware making. Mosuo's economy is possibly one of the best in East Asia due to it's devotion to it's economy. It's 97/100 in scale rating, and it's still booming and thriving through it's strong economical roots. Mosuo's devotion to it's economy makes it in exchange, them not really focusing on military despite having the plentiful of resources and budget surplus. However recently, Mosuo had been actually training an army for a few wars that had broke out. The economy is decreasing a bit due to military training, but the economy still remains pretty strong due to no overland invasions of China yet.
Religion: Daoism.
Anything else: Mosuo's military is building because of the wars that they are involved in.

------
NOTE: This is an NPC, but since they are in China in exile, they are semi-controlled by China. They are an open player still. This is NOT an application, but for a person to take if they want.
The Republic of Taiwan (Government-in-exile)

"For our Friends, For our People, For our Taiwan"
"為我們的朋友、 為我們的人民,為我們臺灣"
"私たちの台湾のための私達の人々 のための私達の友人のため"

Anthem
Freedom,
Our aim shall be:
To found a free land,
World peace, be our stand.
Lead on, comrades,
Vanguards ye are.
Hold fast your aim,
By sun and star.
Be earnest and brave,
Your Country to secure,
One heart, one soul,
One mind, one Taiwan!

Nation Name: The Republic of Taiwan
Population: 850,000 (the Taiwanese who live in exile). 17 Million Inhabitants as of LAST recorded population census before conquest
Military Numbers: 2,000 Ground Forces in exile in Qingxi.
Leader: President Xiao-Xiu Yokolin (in exile in Qingxi)
Capital City (And Largest City): Taipei (currently occupied by Ryukyu)
Capital in Exile: Qingxi, Mosuoite China
Government: Oligarchy Republic in exile.
Ideology: Semi-Capitalistic Oligarchy with some aspects of Feminism.
Economy: Fishing, Minor Industries such as Lumber, Coal Mining and Silk Production.
Religion: Daoism
History:
Taiwan is a country that had been found by China in the 1100s in Taipei previously known as Tishkashu and the island being named Suoxing until an election renamed it to Taiwan in the 1500s. The Taiwanese had been a colony and later commonwealth country until finally receiving independence from China in 1799 after a formal agreement of leaving China's Commonwealth system. The Taiwanese had always had self-autonomy as a semi-independent country from China for the last 200 years. Upon independence, Taiwan had now gained full control of the island and materials. Since the the Chinese had left a great influence upon the Taiwanese people and adopting things from Japan, the Taiwanese had created their own identity, and formed the Taiwanese language from mixing the dialects from their two strongest allies that they had remembered. Japanese and Mosuo Chinese had became the official languages of the nation, but Taiwanese is recognized as the most commonly spoke language amongst the peoples.

After the Taiwanese were taken over by Ryukyu, many Taiwanese had been exiled to Qingxi, and had pressed the Empress to take military action to retake the island. Although there were some who support Ryukyu, the Taiwanese people remain extremely unhappy on occupation and brutal takeover of the island after being independent.

Anything else: Remade the Taiwan factbook. It's now efficiently, a government in exile.
Last edited by Equalium on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Frisivisia wrote:

Equalium
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:
Equalium wrote:Horus said I can have a part of it though because I invaded it before he became a player.

What does that have to do with the name, though? Just because you got the Iranian part of their land doesn't change their name from what it is now

Dude, i'm serious, did you not read the posts I had with Horus before?

He allowed me to claim some of it.
Frisivisia wrote:

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Equalium wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:What does that have to do with the name, though? Just because you got the Iranian part of their land doesn't change their name from what it is now

... I never said anything against that. I just want to know what that has to do with the naming issue?

Oh, wait, I see what you mean. Sorry about the confusion on my end :palm: I think the reason why you didn't get the rest is because Ukraine is pretty pluckin' big compared to other countries.
Last edited by Neo-Assyrian Empire on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Information
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Why does Taiwan somehow have a population of 47 million, more than twice what it has today, while all of China has a population that is only barely 10 million higher?
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Equalium wrote:
Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:What does that have to do with the name, though? Just because you got the Iranian part of their land doesn't change their name from what it is now

Dude, please convince me that you are not colorblind. Please. Gray is gray, green is green. If you want to claim unclaimed land, please do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse