NATION

PASSWORD

What Lies In the Dark RP(IC; Chapter Two started)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

What Lies In the Dark RP(IC; Chapter Two started)

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:24 pm

[OOC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=271077&view=unread#unread]

Chapter One: The Beginning

Credit for the following post goes to Wyethalania

Within an incased exhibition table at the Pascoag Historical Society, the remaining possessions of a Mr. Leopold Eldridge rest in ageing forlornness. Beneath the crystal-clear Plexiglas, a human molar, a yellowing journal, a severely dented daguerreotype camera, an immaculate pocket watch, and remarkably clear photos of the New England countryside and one furtively of a pantry sit as testaments to the existence of a man largely regarded as a myth in the local area.

The placards over the objects read:
Daguerreotype- Model: 1855 Ferrier Standard
-An early camera noted for pristine, clear pictures that help to proliferate the common usage of said devices to the public. Yet, photos easily smudged if touched too often, which quickly led other cameras to dominate the market.
-Given to Mr. Eldridge by the Belington Travel Company to photograph the countryside so that when he returned he could create a Travel Guide to the area.
-Found near his body.

Pocket Watch- Model: 1849 Schleswig Crafters
-A common pocket watch of the time.
-Found within Mr. Eldridge vest’s fob.

Pictures of the New England countryside
-357 photos recovered from a strong box in the burnt remains of Sear’s Manor.
---321 were sent to the Belington Travel Company; the rest—mostly duplicates—were sold at auction.
---4 were donated to the Pascoag Historical Society and are on display:
-----A: an ageing barn. B: a bridge over the Hudson River. C: a pantry.* D: a woman.**

*Noted for the smudged area where the Eldridge’s Fairy is reportedly seen. This photo was found folded inside of his pocket watch.
**Identified by some local scholars to be a Ms. Tuttleman of Albany

A Molar of Mr. Eldridge
-When found on the morning of December 26th, this was the only tooth found within his mouth.
-It is has long been believed that in a fit of lunacy he pulled out the rest of his teeth before fleeing Sear’s Manor, which he burned to the ground during a snowstorm.
-The autopsy performed by the local doctor stated he died of hypothermia from being stuck in a snowdrift, but inexplicable injuries covered his entire body—often attributed to self-inflicted wounds, but believers of Eldridge’s account support the local legends of the Fairies.

The Journal of Mr. Leopold Eldridge
-Found in his breast pocket.
-Several pages were found torn out and destroyed, haphazardly, from the journal.
-Records most of Mr. Eldridge travels across New England and his sentiments thereof.
-Noted for the last few pages where Mr. Eldridge’s writings slowly show his own derangement form reality caused by his snowbound occupancy of Sear’s Manor.

The Journal fragments presented thusly:

Journal of Leopold Eldridge

4/07/1856
In my first entry of this new journal, I must remark upon the grievous and irritating loss of my old one. I have spent no more than three days in New York City since arriving on the Verona when these unruly Americans set fire to my hotel with their infernal revel rousing fireworks. Within moments, the dilapidated structure and most of my possessions ascended to the high heavens in the ashes of their former selves. Fortunately, I saved my daguerreotype as I fled that abominable inferno.

This country’s “Independence Day” is absolutely nauseating: the people are drunken and rowdy in the streets, the stores are closed and dressed up like trollopes, and the cuisine is noxious and unbearable. Give me the Queen’s Birthday and a mincemeat pie any day.

19/07/1856
I have finally acquisitioned a wagon for my business. The tavern keeper’s deal seemed more than generous. Quite a respectable man he seemed. Maybe these Americans are not as bad I believed. Now, nothing shall stop me from beginning my photographing journey. First to Albany and then I will see where I go from there. My images will amaze Mr. Beresford when I return to Liverpool. I have already thought of a name for my traveling book: “Picturesque Scenes of New England.” It has a nice ring to it.

My budget is limited, but people always love portraits, so I shall not want in my wanderings. Today, I photographed a lovely couple. I adore the way a daguerreotype gives an unfathomable illusion of presence and detail to the depicted objects. The Lady’s dress flounces out in shimmering curves from the silvery plate, and the Gentleman’s moustache appears almost gruffly tangibly as well.

21/07/1856
A broken axel… I now see why that barkeep was so eager to sell me his wagon: the rapscallion.

25/07/1856
On the road again… I spent a critical amount of my reserves on repairs and that exhortative innkeeper snatched every quid he could out of me. He forced me to hand over several of my prints to settle my debts. I will have to return to New York City to retake those precious cityscapes.

18/08/1856
I have not written in a while. Albany abounds in charming little spots and the people are clamoring for my photographs, so I have been far too busy even to think about writing—let alone do it. In fact, I have been so busy that I nearly ran out of the chemicals needed for the imaging process. Luckily, I found an economical pharmacy to replenish them. It was especially difficult to acquire sodium thiosulphate for a suitable price. I never imagined this would have been a problem; the standard of living in Britain is so high that when I first saw the prices here I thought it would be cheap, but I earn so much less. “C’est la vie,” as my tutor used to say.

27/08/1856
Leaving Albany was such sweet sorrow. I shall truly miss the companionship of Ms. Tuttleman; her scones and other personal aspects were the toast of the county. The dallied pinkness of her cheeks shone through the silver sheen of her daguerreotype so brightly. I was sad to part with the likeness, though the copy I made shall keep my watch in great company inside my pocket fob.

6/09/1856
Making great progress through the Green Mountains to Montpelier, my collection is vastly expanding with these rustic images. They should catch a nice sum in Liverpool.

22/11/1856
After making several passes through New Hampshire, Massachusetts with a prolonged stay in Boston, and Connecticut, I find myself in the small village of Pascoag, Rhode Island. There are no lodgings open in town due to the Governor’s proclamation of some Americanized version of “Thanksgiving” this year. Therefore, every Tom, Dick, and Harry relation is here stuffing his or her face with food. These yanks have so many perverted English holidays.

23/11/1856
A blizzard hit Pascoag today. I am so bitterly cold in my wagon. At least my horses found safekeeping a local stall.

24/11/1856
I have decided to winter in Pascoag. The snow is simply too deep to travel anywhere far, and I have heard winter gets quite nasty. I will find a house to quarter in if possible. The lodge, more like a brothel, is too filthy to keep my work in for any extended length of time.

This Thanksgiving holiday is more cultured than I previously imagined it to be. Very close to my ones in my home. So many memories come floating back.

28/11/1856
Thanks be to God. I finally managed to lease a house. It may be a few miles out of town, but it is the perfect location for undisturbed wintry photos. I was initially skeptical of the dwelling from the low price the family offered me, but after seeing the impressive edifice, I agreed right away.

The house’s Greek Revival architecture complimented the spacious hallow it occupied. It was also fully furnished and quite modern. When I asked them why they were renting the house, they responded, “Because no one would buy it” in a quick voice. I didn’t press them further, and they left hurriedly as soon as I signed the agreement. The wood must be rotten, I thought.

2/12/1856
I cannot find anything wrong with this building: the walls are solid, the floors spic, and the cupboards span. I even check the roof and it is perfectly intact. In the cellar, I found the mason’s date and it was built only two years ago. Someone must have died here… these silly Americans and their silly superstitions. There are no such things as ghosts…

I have stocked up on enough food and supplies to last me until March, so there is no need to go to town other than to attend Church or take and sell photographs. I would really not care to go to town either: these people treat me as if I was a living corpse ever since I moved in to what I learned is called “Sear’s Manor.”

This place has an amazing view of surrounding forests. I caught a shot of snowy owl feasting on a large mouse, maybe a rat, on branch outside my bedroom window. This species of owl is very rare in this part of the country. After I took the shot, it screeched an ominous sounding call and flew off into the night: a chillingly majestic sight indeed. It appeared a sir If I saw a man in my house today, however it was only a shadow...

13/12/1856
The days are so long, and I am so bored. There is absolutely nothing to do. I can only take photographs of snowflakes and snow drifts for only so long. Also, I fear my mind may be starting to wander as I swear I am starting to hear small whisperings coming from the walls. I know it is only the winter’s wind billowing by…

The sooner spring strolls by, the happier I will be. I cannot wait to see the heaths of Yorkshire, again. The melancholic desertedness of my current lodging reminds me of my childhood home in Gimmerton. Every morning, I would go out to the barn to milk the cows with my father. The udders were always disturbingly cold. Afterwards, we would go into the pastures to look after the sheep. He always warned me not to wander to far or the fairies would get me. I would stay at his side like a scarred calf. Look at me now, taking pictures all across New England for the Belington Travel Company. I am so glad Uncle Edwin paid for me to Allensferd; without him, I would never have received this job and been brought to this wonderful country.

15/12/1856
I lost my frame chiseler today. I laid it on the kitchen counter last night and now it has just vanished. I must have left it somewhere else.

It snowed all day yesterday perfectly pure white snow covering the entire ground. Even though today was unusually calm and free from blustery winds, I still heard the faintest gusting from the walls, but it sounds more like disdainful chackling now. Why would it sound disdainful? Surely, it is only my mind passing the time in idle thoughts.

19/12/1856
Writing help takes my mind of the loneliness. Well, it isn’t exactly loneliness… I am not alone even though there is no other human for miles. I wish there were. If only I could reach them, but the snow is so deep. There are small tracks in the snow… tens, no—hundreds of them all around the house. They’re watching me… whispering amongst themselves. I’ll catch one. I’ll catch one…

21/12/1856
The faintest impression, but I have it. I have it! A face, the tiniest face I have ever seen, but a face nonetheless, disappearing behind a jar of preserves. I rigged my daguerreotype to flash with the opening of the panty door, and in the corner of the shot, there it was the ephemerality of a fairy but with the features of a devil. I am not mad! I am not mad!!!

22/12/1856
The whispers are angry now. They want the picture, but they shall not get it. No, they never shall!

24/12/1856
Christmas is but mere hours away, but I fear I may never see it. My daguerreotype is the only thing keeping me alive. The flashes scare them away if only for a minute, but I am running out of chemicals and they are being accustomed to the novelty. Nasty, little demons they are. Their whispers they don’t even try to hide any more. I am a dead man. If only I could escape… It just keeps snowing.

25/12/1856—Morning
I have seen Christmas Day; the day, they are quiet—mostly—during the day, but tonight is the end. Early this morning before dawn, my treacherous eyes closed just for a moment and the malignant whispers waggled away the last of my chemicals.

They would have stolen my daguerreotype if I hadn’t heard the metallic knock of their mischievous hands against my camera. I brushed them away with my broom, my one remaining weapon, but they stabbed and pricked me from all around with small needles and my own frame chiseler. I just rolled on the floor hoping to smash them beneath me. They retreated, but not out of any fear of me—but merely to prolong my suffering. Damn you, Uncle Edwin!!!

25/12/1856—Afternoon
If the weather lets up for only a moment, dear God, a moment… I’ll escape and burn this place to the ground... [Abrupt ending].

25/12/1856—Evening
Oh God… they won’t stop. They’ll never stop. They want my teeth. If I give them all, maybe… [Abrupt ending]

25/12/1856—Night
Run… [Abrupt ending]
[/quote]

Not far from Eldridge's possessions, lay several books, all containing eerily similar content to each other. Some told of the local stories of fairies, the others examined various photos with strange content, all frighteningly realistic and usually deemed as evidence for the existence of 'black fairies' and other...entities.

A sunny autumn day.
The first family to move into Sears drive slowly drives up to their house, starting to unpack, while something watches them from afar.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Azaflaza
Senator

Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:56 am

A black 4x4 and moving van drove up to house number 10 on the new Sears drive. Once they stopped it was a family of 4 that got out of the car, Scott, his wife Jessie, his son Matthew and his daughter Kayleigh, the Goodwins had arrived. The two company workers got out the van and opened the back of it which revealed many boxes, suitcases and furniture.

Scott stood with his family, all looking at their new home, "So what do you guys think?"

Matthew looked at it, unimpressed, "Its a lot smaller than the other houses."

Scott looked upset at his sons remark before Jessie came to the rescue, "Yes Matty, but ours will be the best home and I think it looks marvellous."

"Thanks darling." Scott said he turned and gave a grateful smile to his wife.

"Daddy, can I go and explore?", questioned Kayleigh while giving him a facade that no one could say no to.

"Alright, but stay in our plot and don't wander off." Jessie had noticed a pond at the end of the street, "Oh and stay away from that pond!" She called out as Kayleigh was already several meters into the garden.

One of the company workers came up to Scott carrying a box full of their possessions, "Sir, where would you like us to put your things?"

"Oh, yes, sorry. Here I have a key." He hurriedly walked up the path and put the key into the door, turned it and opened the door. It revealed a large open plan entrance, with a stair case forming a L shape with its platform in the middle. "Here, just put the stuff there." He pointed at an empty space on the floor while putting his other arm around Jessie's shoulders.
"So, here we are. Following the american dream"

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:25 am

Azaflaza wrote:A black 4x4 and moving van drove up to house number 10 on the new Sears drive. Once they stopped it was a family of 4 that got out of the car, Scott, his wife Jessie, his son Matthew and his daughter Kayleigh, the Goodwins had arrived. The two company workers got out the van and opened the back of it which revealed many boxes, suitcases and furniture.

Scott stood with his family, all looking at their new home, "So what do you guys think?"

Matthew looked at it, unimpressed, "Its a lot smaller than the other houses."

Scott looked upset at his sons remark before Jessie came to the rescue, "Yes Matty, but ours will be the best home and I think it looks marvellous."

"Thanks darling." Scott said he turned and gave a grateful smile to his wife.

"Daddy, can I go and explore?", questioned Kayleigh while giving him a facade that no one could say no to.

"Alright, but stay in our plot and don't wander off." Jessie had noticed a pond at the end of the street, "Oh and stay away from that pond!" She called out as Kayleigh was already several meters into the garden.

One of the company workers came up to Scott carrying a box full of their possessions, "Sir, where would you like us to put your things?"

"Oh, yes, sorry. Here I have a key." He hurriedly walked up the path and put the key into the door, turned it and opened the door. It revealed a large open plan entrance, with a stair case forming a L shape with its platform in the middle. "Here, just put the stuff there." He pointed at an empty space on the floor while putting his other arm around Jessie's shoulders.
"So, here we are. Following the american dream"

A blonde, feminine figure watched the family from afar in the forest. The light wind caused her hair to follow the wind while the black suit she was wearing almost perfectly fitted in with the forest. She was almost invisible, however one could still sight her as a faceless figure she was. The cold wind shakes the trees and bushes, giving the scene a somewhat mysterious appearance. The figure took something out and started writing in an unknown language, a language never known by any civilisation.
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Azaflaza
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Kayleigh was running around the back garden playing with her doll when she stopped suddenly, staring out at the forest that flanked the fence. She could see something but couldn't identify it. Something yellow blowing about in the faint wind. She began to step closer....

"Kayleigh!? Come on in love, its bloody freezing. You still need to pick your room." Jessie walked out into the garden looking for Kayleigh who had now forgotten about what she saw in the woods and began running into the house through the open glass doors at the back of the building. Jessie followed after her closing the doors before taking a moment to stare at the spot Kayleigh was looking at, curious at what it was that caught her attention. After a few seconds she disregarded it and moved off.

By this point all of their things had been brought in and the haulage van was driving off down the street. Both Matthew and Kayleigh rushed up the stairs, racing each other for the best room, with Scott and Jessie slowly following them. "God, I can see why they called it New England, same flipping weather. I thought you said it was warmer over here?" Scott laughed at her remark, "Its nearly winter, what do you expect?"

"Oh I don't know, it's going to feel creepy tonight with us being the only others on the street and the rest of civilisation miles away."

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:18 pm

shameless re-post for an entry with some minor edits, I dunno how my last one even passed as an intro >_>

Sears Drive was a small enclosed community and Connor was beginning to wonder if something this closed was a good thing for the two of them. Three, he reminded himself. Four, he reminded himself again. The houses were of various sizes but big and spacious from just the look of them on the outside. Having driven a few hours out of New York, their move was official the moment they opened the doors to the new home. Everything they left packed was transported ahead of them, unloaded and unpacked inside by the movers and Rosario, who had insisted she go ahead of them to put everything in their place with the exception of a few boxes.

"Are we there yet, pa?" Stiles asked lightly, the kids intense eyes were looking out at the neighborhood, likely to see if any kids were out that he could make friends with. Of the three of them, Stiles was likely to have it the hardest, being in a new place, making new friends; though the social part would likely be easier if there were indeed kids around, Stiles made friends quickly and usually kids gravitated to him because of his openness. The SUV was moving below 20mph through the street, so far no kids, yet. As the vehicle strolled through the street, Connor took the opportunity to get a good look around. The few times he came with Jason was always in the evening after work. This was the first time during the day and it was completely different. The same atmosphere existed, peaceful, clean, charming, safe, everything a family could hope for. Though Connor had his reservations, the skepticism in him wouldn't have it any less.

"Almost there, buddy," Jason said with a smile looking at the backseat. "Excited to see your new room?"

Stiles nodded to that response and his face showed some concern, "You think they'll be other kids around here? I hope so! Oh dad, can we build a treehouse!?" Stiles said excitedly, eyes full of anticipation.

Connor chuckled but gave a shrug, "Don't see why not. Ask pa to help you."

"Oh, smart. I do all the heavy lifting while you do... what?" Jason turned his attention on Connor while Stiles cheered in triumph at the back.

"Get to see you strut around," Connor smiled sweetly and batted his eyes in a dramatic fashion. "Besides, we both know you're already planned it in your head for the tree house."

"I'm not admitting to anything," Jason said with a grin and turned his attention back to the road. He pulled into the driveway and parked set the SUV to park, killing to engine soon after. "Here we are, bud, let's go see inside."

Stiles was out of the SUV before either of them could unbuckle their seat belts, rushing toward Rosario who waited for them at the front door.

"Hi, my little chiquito, did you miss Auntie Rosario?" Rosie had scooped the young boy in her arms and gave him a warm hug, "Are you hungry? I've got some chicken soup ready." Stiles nodded happily, holding Rosarios hand as they walked into the house together.

Connor was still seated in the vehicle, Jason hadn't left either. He knew what was on Connor's mind, but he'd rather draw it out of him than speak his thoughts. "Everything okay, babe?"

"This place is huge," Was all Connor managed out. His eyes darted back and forth, the usual way he always did as though he was analyzing and contemplating things that he could and couldn't react to, as though finding something wrong or something right. He nodded absently, "I'm just... guess I'm a little nervous starting in a new place."

"I know," Jason replied, he reached out and squeezed Connor's hand. "But it's gonna be great. I have a good feeling about this."

Connor rolled his eyes, "You always say that."

"Have I ever been wrong?" Jason asked with a knowing grin.

"Yeah yeah, let's get inside already before Rosario starts barking at us."

"Too late," Jason replied on cue as Rosario came back to the front door.

"Mijos, get in here before I give your dinner to Stiles." Rosario said with a smirk and gestured for them to hurry in. "I got the office set just the way you like it, Jason. I hope I got it right, it took sometime. The movers were lazy."

"I hope you showed them, Rosie," Jason said walking up to giver her a peck on the cheek after Connor.

"I also took their tip," she added matter of fact, nodding. She smiled then, "Welcome to your new home!"

Chernarusk
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernarusk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Andrew Stokes
03 Sears Drive

The wind blew Andrew's shaggy brown hair about in the wind as he closed the door to his '07 Chevy Tahoe. The sound of the door closing shut caused a flock of birds to jump from the tree they were and fly off into the partly cloudy sky above him. Andrew watched as the men working with the moving company worked to move what little he had into the large house's foyer. As the men finished one of them walked up and asked him to sign a paper on a clipboard, signing off on their services. He obliged and signed his name on the line marked with an X, before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, cupping his palms to do so. He stood there for a moment as the moving van drove off observing the house from the outside, and then got up from leaning on his Tahoe and walked into the house.

It was eerily quiet, enough to hear a pin drop from another story, but Andrew's mind had long been immune to any sort of sense of fear. Looking around he realized the house had been left completely stocked with top-of-the-line appliances, and it even appeared they had installed his old Dish Network system in advance of his arrival, as if trying to impress him. Nevertheless, they had achieved their goal and Andrew sat down on the leather couch in the living room off to the right of the foyer, he turned on the TV and relaxed, closing his eyes and trying to push any negative thoughts his brain conjured up out of his head- a rare experience that he only felt at certain times.

"DONG...DONG...DONG" Andrew was woken up to as the grandfather clock he had just found out about marked the hour. Rubbing his eyes he got up from the couch and ran his fingers through his hair. Noticing he still he had his jacket on, he took it off and hung it on the coat rack by the door. Looking at all of the boxes, he sighed, and began hauling things around the house. A few boxes of filled with literature and his laptop up to the master bedroom, a few boxes of kitchenware to the kitchen, some blankets to a hall closet upstairs, and then came the box of ammunition and his .45 Glock Pistol as well as his reloading set. Andrew was an avid shooter, though he never took anything too seriously or got involved in competition. As he picked up the box, he looked around for a door to the basement he let out another sigh as he struggled with the box and held it with one hand and his knee as he opened the door to the basement. But after he did so, something stopped him, like the other side of the door was a brick wall, something told him to stop, put the box down and close the door. Taken over by this odd gut feeling, he stopped closed the door, which opened towards him, and put the box down, even going as far as pushing the heavy box full of lead in front of the door. He wasn't sure why he'd done this, but just knew that he did and didn't think anything else of it. After he was done, he walked up to the upstairs hallway where the grandfather clock was, opened the glass door to the hammers, and wrapped them all in rags to keep them from ringing.

Walking over the windows in the front of his house, he began opening the blinds to let some light in from the sunny day outside, still dreary and cloudy in his eyes. After doing so he turned on the lights in the foyer and living room and went back into the kitchen. He'd loaded some of the drawers with some whiskey about thirty minutes ago and hesitated, but eventually overtaken by his depression he opened the Jack Daniels bottle and poured some of it into a shot glass. He twirled the drink in his hand and then felt it run down his throat as he threw his head back, and then let out a whiskey-stained breath of relief. Looking back at the bottle of whiskey, his depression now winning over him, he picked it up and walked to the living room, where he sat, repeating the process of fill-twirl-drink until he eventually grew tired and groggy and fell into a sleep on the couch yet again.
What? My name sounds like the map in Day Z? I didn't even notice...weird. -_-

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:41 pm

Jack was on patrol duty and decided to drive by the new housing development on Sears Drive. He’d heard about the murders there when he was a kid, and didn't think it was necessarily a good idea to build a whole development there, especially considering the killer was still at large, but whatever, it was beyond his paygrade. He drove past the development and continued on his patrol, relatively uneventfully. He wasn't much of a conversationalist, and hadn't said much to his partner in the car, Briggs. Trying to make conversation, he said to her “Hey, you eve hear about those murders back in ’99? Apparently the guy that did them is still on the loose. Kind of gives me a bad feeling”. He said as he continued driving, hoping to get a call to ease his boredom.
Last edited by Hornesia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:06 pm

The Day Before
With a clear alto voice that reverberated pleasantly through the crisp autumn air, an effervescent woman hummed a twisted tune while traipsing gracefully around the gaged and bound Mr. Opfern—the Sears Drive Real Estate agent. The rotund, middle-aged man, tied to a chair, eyed her in terror as a small stream of blood flowed slowly down the left side of his pasty forehead. About an hour ago, he came a crossed her in apparent distress at the side of one of the wooded country roads leading to Sears Drive.

He stopped to help after he recognized her as Miss Helena from the main office in Pascoag. The firm hired her unexpectedly a few months ago after they bought the rights to sell the Sears properties. From the start, she often talked about how nice retirement must sound. He slugged it off as youthful ignorance; Mr. Opfern loved work too much and how could he resist the commissions? While she seemed entirely sweet and innocent, he now thought her psychotic. After leaving his car on the roadside to help her, he followed her on a path into the woods. His blundering body broke every twig, but her graceful build never left an impression. After arriving in a clearing, she knocked him down with a branch and tied to him to a chair. He awoke to this:

Every time she disappeared behind him, her gloved hands daintily played with his unkempt hair. He squirmed piteously as this sadistic play continued. After several minutes of this, the ethereal woman stooped suddenly in a smooth motion before him as she rested her head on her hands upon his lap. Looking up with bright eyes that fluttered elegantly with her prostration, the woman in a childishly, doleful voice beseeched, “Now, Mr. Opfern, we told you should take a trip, a leave of absence, retire. I wish you would have listened to us. But you didn’t, so we decided, on your behalf, to give you a vacation any way. Isn’t that nice of us?” Her head rolled as she gave a twittering laugh. Her gloved hands flippantly played with her long, luscious hair.

She continued in a slightly more serious tone, though her frivolous cavorting persisted, “You’ll be leaving soon. My friends are almost here to take you away. Shhh… do you hear that [she places her hand over his lips]…. [dramatic pause] That’s them. They are so happy to meet you, Mr. Opfern. I can’t believe you almost didn’t get to, but now everything is in order.”

She stood up and announced, “Enjoy your retirement with my friends, Mr. Opfern. I will make sure your accounts are in order at work… [Her face darts off to the woods] I best be going. My friends are quite eager to make your acquaintance.” She smiled merrily and left the gagged man to his fate. With her light tread leaving no imprint, her elegant body ambled tritely out of the woods. Her ears detected a faint squeal, but nothing that carries beyond a mouse’s squeak in the dark.

Arriving on the roadside, she walked airily by the Mr. Opfern’s empty car and smiled. He must be enjoying his retirement, she thought.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
Should Cities Touch The Sky?
Is There An Election In Marche Noire Or Are You Just Happy To See Us?
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous
Some Enchanted Evening That Was

High Commander (16th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Court Justice (15th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Chief Justice (14th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (13th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (12th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (11th R.E.C. of the CoC)
F.A. Minister (9th R.E.C. of the CoC)
F.A. Secretary of the I.L.N.
I.A. Secretary of the I.L.N.

Azaflaza
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:22 am

Scott and Jessie were at the door putting on their coats. By now almost everything had a place and the children were settling into their rooms, despite their best efforts, mam and dad got the master bedroom. "Matthew keep an eye on Kayleigh will you while we go and meet some of the new neighbours that arrived before", Jessie shouted upstairs.

Matthew was in his room playing on his iPad,"Yes, ok!" He wasn't really going to do much, what was the point? She was only down the hallway playing with her dolls as always. But anyways what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

Scott and Jessie open the door and stepped out. The door closed by itself with a gentle slam due to the slight wind and they made their way over number 5, taking the shortcut over the gardens of the unoccupied houses. The house was clearly holding a nice family atmosphere just from the aura it gave off. They walked up the path and knocked on the door ready to meet their new neighbours.
Last edited by Azaflaza on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 am

Richard Drove into Sears Drive on a Harley Davidson Motocycle he was there because of a new job at Sears Drive. He was fired to be a private cook to a family that lived there. He went over to house number 8 and waited for the family to come to the house. As he waited he took out a cigarette and started to smoke it.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 am

It has been a long drive and both Anna and Lucy had fallen asleep, the only reason why William didn't was because he was driving. Caesar, Lucy's fat, fluffy and notorious male cat, was wildly meowing away as he didn't have the slightest idea as to why exactly was he forcefully put into some weird moving object and had to leave his home. Meanwhile Ms Germanotta, their housekeeper, who had gone with them to the new house for the first time, was looking outside the window. In any case, the trip took quite a few hours and now they were almost there. Driving past an abandoned car and a subsequent investigation scene was the point where Anna would wake up. She sighed as she looked around, understanding that they weren't just there yet, however, since she has been to the place right before the construction has finished, she started to see that they were very close to the house.

A few more minutes and they were there. Anna got out and the slam of her door woke Lucy up. Meanwhile a somewhat scared Caesar awaited for Anna to open the car door. "Come one, kitty, you're free." She said as she opened the car door from Lucy's side, Caesar jumping out as quick as possible, followed by Ms Germanotta and a playful and enthusiastic Lucy. Anna greeted the cook and gave Germanotta the keys to get everyone in while she helped William bring in their things.
Political Graph

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 am

Jessjohnesik wrote:It has been a long drive and both Anna and Lucy had fallen asleep, the only reason why William didn't was because he was driving. Caesar, Lucy's fat, fluffy and notorious male cat, was wildly meowing away as he didn't have the slightest idea as to why exactly was he forcefully put into some weird moving object and had to leave his home. Meanwhile Ms Germanotta, their housekeeper, who had gone with them to the new house for the first time, was looking outside the window. In any case, the trip took quite a few hours and now they were almost there. Driving past an abandoned car and a subsequent investigation scene was the point where Anna would wake up. She sighed as she looked around, understanding that they weren't just there yet, however, since she has been to the place right before the construction has finished, she started to see that they were very close to the house.

A few more minutes and they were there. Anna got out and the slam of her door woke Lucy up. Meanwhile a somewhat scared Caesar awaited for Anna to open the car door. "Come one, kitty, you're free." She said as she opened the car door from Lucy's side, Caesar jumping out as quick as possible, followed by Ms Germanotta and a playful and enthusiastic Lucy. Anna greeted the cook and gave Germanotta the keys to get everyone in while she helped William bring in their things.

Richard went into the house and started to look around. Then he went towards the kitchen and started to make lunch for the family. He was making roasted chicken. As he cooked he started to hum to himself and sing a old hymn he heard back in England.
Last edited by Shark isle on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inquilabstan
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:17 am

Earlier that day

As the crisp breeze of Autumn caused the leaves outside to dance about in a colorful ballet, a middle-aged man swore lowly in an eastern tongue, as his damned alarm went off. Reaching blindly towards his bedside table, Salim Hussein put in a futile effort to turn the accursed thing off. Waving his hand about, he knocked over a book, a plastic cup, and a can, which as it hit the floor, spewed out assorted stationary. Finally finding his tormentor, Salim switched it off, before rolling onto his stomach and pushing himself up. Blinking rapidly as he sighed and got out of bed, he didn't bother folding his sheets. Trudging over to the bathroom, he set about with his business. As he looked int he mirror, he decided that he might as well leave the razor in it's place, as he ran his hand across the rough stubble that covered his cheeks. Walking over to the space infront of his bed, he unfurled a mat pointing towards a green plaque covered in elegant golden writing, superimposed on the outline of a dome and a domed tower. Placing a skullcap upon his head, he knelt down. Getting up after his prayers were done, he headed towards his kitchen, browsing the items in his small refrigerator and pantry, before settling upon the last packet of oatmeal in the box. Gazing at the smiling man in the wig and hat, he tore open the corner, before pouring it into the pot of boiling water infront of him. Opening his refrigerator, he took out some thin strips of meat, before placing them in a pan where they sizzled and crackled. Interpretations be damned, the prophet mandated the consumption of the pig's flesh when such was required, and right now, he really needed some bacon. As he sat down and glanced at the paper, the dreaded buzz of his cellphone could be heard. "Absolutely brilliant. Another poor dead bastard to attend to. Or perhaps a goon holding up a conveniance store. Why can't these people kill and rob each other slightly less frequently?" Picking up his phone, he heard as the voice on the other end described your run of the mill disappearance. "Right, be over. Where is this again? Where? God dammit, there goes the rest of my tank." Quickly finishing the remnants of his meal, he placed the dishes in the sink, before gathering his assorted paraphernalia of occupation, and heading out of his door. As he climbed down the stairs to the basement of the apartment building, he checked his to-have-done list. "Keys? Papers? Bills? Groceries? No. Clean the fishtank? Clean the car? Dammit, not that either." As he opened the door the old car before him, he wondered as to how long it would be before he got a call from Van Pelt.
☭ The People's Socialist Republic of Inquilabstan ☭
Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Cosmopolitan – 58% Secular – 73% Visionary – 53% Anarchistic – 26% Communistic – 92% Pacifist – 18% Ecological – 54%

INQUILABSTANI TRIBUNE: Jamshedpur: Students protest alleged medical exam paper leakage. Matrapuram: Onset of rain excites farmers. Laltara: ILEL unveils new low cost tablet. Bishkek: Security forces kill four militants following two hour firefight. Laltara: Foreign ministry holds talks with Emmerian ambassador regarding conflict in Suafrika.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 am

Inquilabstan wrote:Earlier that day

As the crisp breeze of Autumn caused the leaves outside to dance about in a colorful ballet, a middle-aged man swore lowly in an eastern tongue, as his damned alarm went off. Reaching blindly towards his bedside table, Salim Hussein put in a futile effort to turn the accursed thing off. Waving his hand about, he knocked over a book, a plastic cup, and a can, which as it hit the floor, spewed out assorted stationary. Finally finding his tormentor, Salim switched it off, before rolling onto his stomach and pushing himself up. Blinking rapidly as he sighed and got out of bed, he didn't bother folding his sheets. Trudging over to the bathroom, he set about with his business. As he looked int he mirror, he decided that he might as well leave the razor in it's place, as he ran his hand across the rough stubble that covered his cheeks. Walking over to the space infront of his bed, he unfurled a mat pointing towards a green plaque covered in elegant golden writing, superimposed on the outline of a dome and a domed tower. Placing a skullcap upon his head, he knelt down. Getting up after his prayers were done, he headed towards his kitchen, browsing the items in his small refrigerator and pantry, before settling upon the last packet of oatmeal in the box. Gazing at the smiling man in the wig and hat, he tore open the corner, before pouring it into the pot of boiling water infront of him. Opening his refrigerator, he took out some thin strips of meat, before placing them in a pan where they sizzled and crackled. Interpretations be damned, the prophet mandated the consumption of the pig's flesh when such was required, and right now, he really needed some bacon. As he sat down and glanced at the paper, the dreaded buzz of his cellphone could be heard. "Absolutely brilliant. Another poor dead bastard to attend to. Or perhaps a goon holding up a conveniance store. Why can't these people kill and rob each other slightly less frequently?" Picking up his phone, he heard as the voice on the other end described your run of the mill disappearance. "Right, be over. Where is this again? Where? God dammit, there goes the rest of my tank." Quickly finishing the remnants of his meal, he placed the dishes in the sink, before gathering his assorted paraphernalia of occupation, and heading out of his door. As he climbed down the stairs to the basement of the apartment building, he checked his to-have-done list. "Keys? Papers? Bills? Groceries? No. Clean the fishtank? Clean the car? Dammit, not that either." As he opened the door the old car before him, he wondered as to how long it would be before he got a call from Van Pelt.

Van Pelt appeared from the forest with gloves and one of the crime scene investigators. While the investigator went to her car to get some things she needed, Van Pelt saw Salim and decided to greet him, co spidering that they weren't on anything either and Lisbon was working in the forest with a few of the others where the trail ended.

"Hey Salim." Grace greeted with a friendly smile. "Someone's late again." She added jokingly.
Political Graph

Inquilabstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 am

Looking up at Van Pelt, as he looked into his bag, he grinned and waved back. "Not my fault! If you had this damn overhyped horse-cart for an automobile as I have, you would be late too." Looking at the abandoned vehicle, he frowned, furrowing his forehead. "So, what have we here? No signs of forced entry or a struggle here. And from what I see," he said, as he pointed to the undergrowth, "Only one set of tracks, going into the forest."
Cosmopolitan – 58% Secular – 73% Visionary – 53% Anarchistic – 26% Communistic – 92% Pacifist – 18% Ecological – 54%

INQUILABSTANI TRIBUNE: Jamshedpur: Students protest alleged medical exam paper leakage. Matrapuram: Onset of rain excites farmers. Laltara: ILEL unveils new low cost tablet. Bishkek: Security forces kill four militants following two hour firefight. Laltara: Foreign ministry holds talks with Emmerian ambassador regarding conflict in Suafrika.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 am

Inquilabstan wrote:Looking up at Van Pelt, as he looked into his bag, he grinned and waved back. "Not my fault! If you had this damn overhyped horse-cart for an automobile as I have, you would be late too." Looking at the abandoned vehicle, he frowned, furrowing his forehead. "So, what have we here? No signs of forced entry or a struggle here. And from what I see," he said, as he pointed to the undergrowth, "Only one set of tracks, going into the forest."

"It's not one set of tracks, Salim. It appears as if someone was dragged all the way into the forest. Yes, dragged. We found a few drops of his blood in the snow as well. It's as if he just disappeared there. As if he dragged himself out there and just proofed into the air." Van Pelt explained with some concern to the peculiarity of the situation.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Graph

Inquilabstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 am

Looking forth more closely, squinting a bit, he nodded in agreement. "Ah yes. That does indeed appear to be the case." Standing up, scratching his chin, he pondered the situation. "What was the splatter pattern of the blood? Dammit, are you sure that it just ends there? From the depth here, it looks like our friend wasn't quite of an ideal figure. Did the path of the dragging end near a fence or a tree perhaps? Unlikely as it is from these marks, there could be a chance that this is someone faking a disappearance. But that will depend on the splatter pattern, won't it?"

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 am

Inquilabstan wrote:Looking forth more closely, squinting a bit, he nodded in agreement. "Ah yes. That does indeed appear to be the case." Standing up, scratching his chin, he pondered the situation. "What was the splatter pattern of the blood? Dammit, are you sure that it just ends there? From the depth here, it looks like our friend wasn't quite of an ideal figure. Did the path of the dragging end near a fence or a tree perhaps? Unlikely as it is from these marks, there could be a chance that this is someone faking a disappearance. But that will depend on the splatter pattern, won't it?"

"Nope. Ends just there. In the middle of a relatively open spot in the forest." Van Pelt continued. "And we found a few drops of blood only. However our specialists say that the snow is less deep in that area and it looks as if someone could've cleared the soaked in blood snow and replaced it with normal snow." She added, getting more confused of the case.

"Van Pelt! Salim!" Lisbon shouted to the two. "I have found the tiniest piece of cotton on a bush. But that's it." She told them.
Political Graph

Inquilabstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 am

"Van Pelt! Salim!" Lisbon shouted to the two. "I have found the tiniest piece of cotton on a bush. But that's it." She told them.[/quote]
Turning his head to Lisbon, he looked back. "Shall we?" As he started walking in the direction of his colleague. "I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation is that the area under the snow has been dug out, leading to supposed drag patterns, but I suspect that it won't be the case. Otherwise, I hate to say this, but such replication is, well to be frank, is quite impossible."

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:32 am

"Well, nothing fits in this case at all, really." Lisbon boldly stated. "I'll go and give the cloth to the specialists, you go to the apparent crime scene." Lisbon said and walked off in the direction of the specialists, leaving Van Pelt and Salim to go and check everything out for themselves.
Political Graph

Inquilabstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:50 am

Salim gazed upon the ground in incredulity, chewing upon the piece of gum in his mouth with great vigor. "What the hell? What the hell?!" Turning to Van Pelt, he was initially unable to speak. "I'm sorry, but this is physically impossible. The patterns clearly indicate that the individual was pulled this way, and couldn't have left any other way. The site here has probably been covered up, but that still can't explain where the hell the body went!"

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Azaflaza wrote:Scott and Jessie were at the door putting on their coats. By now almost everything had a place and the children were settling into their rooms, despite their best efforts, mam and dad got the master bedroom. "Matthew keep an eye on Kayleigh will you while we go and meet some of the new neighbours that arrived before", Jessie shouted upstairs.

Matthew was in his room playing on his iPad,"Yes, ok!" He wasn't really going to do much, what was the point? She was only down the hallway playing with her dolls as always. But anyways what they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

Scott and Jessie open the door and stepped out. The door closed by itself with a gentle slam due to the slight wind and they made their way over number 5, taking the shortcut over the gardens of the unoccupied houses. The house was clearly holding a nice family atmosphere just from the aura it gave off. They walked up the path and knocked on the door ready to meet their new neighbours.

The door bell rang while Rosario was cleaning up the kitchen after Stiles. How one boy managed to make a whole mess at the table still baffled her, but she suspected it was only because he thought goofing around at the dining table (when it wasn't dinner time) was perfectly alright. It didn't help that Connor joined in on the fun, though to her relief he didn't make a mess, instead trying to mitigate it. Stile had run up to his room, gathering whatever toys, books and clothes that were set for him with Jason helping out while Connor went into the office to straighten things out there.

Pulling off her mitts, she padded down the hallway and toward the front door, taking a look to the left to see who could be outside. Seeing two people she didn't recognized, Rosario unlocked the door and partially opened it. "Hello," she said politely, "Can I help you?"

Azaflaza
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Azaflaza wrote:Scott and Jessie were at the door putting on their coats. By now almost everything had a place and the children were settling into their rooms, despite their best efforts, mam and dad got the master bedroom. "Matthew keep an eye on Kayleigh will you while we go and meet some of the new neighbours that arrived before", Jessie shouted upstairs.

The door bell rang while Rosario was cleaning up the kitchen after Stiles. How one boy managed to make a whole mess at the table still baffled her, but she suspected it was only because he thought goofing around at the dining table (when it wasn't dinner time) was perfectly alright. It didn't help that Connor joined in on the fun, though to her relief he didn't make a mess, instead trying to mitigate it. Stile had run up to his room, gathering whatever toys, books and clothes that were set for him with Jason helping out while Connor went into the office to straighten things out there.

Pulling off her mitts, she padded down the hallway and toward the front door, taking a look to the left to see who could be outside. Seeing two people she didn't recognized, Rosario unlocked the door and partially opened it. "Hello," she said politely, "Can I help you?"

The door opened slightly to reveal the face of a woman, looking a little bit nervous about the situation. Jessie spoke first, "Hi, my names Jessie, and this is my husband, Scott. We're your new neighbours, we just moved in to number 10. We thought we'd come and meet some of the other people in the estate." As Jessie was explaining who they were Scott just did what he does best, smile and look charming.

Over back in the house, Kayleigh had gotten bored of her room already and want to explore the rest of the house. She walked down stairs and strolled around eventually stumbling upon the garage which had a small steel closet door. She opened it and crawled inside discovering a 2x2 metre room. It was completely bare apart from a vent at the back, it was perfect for a small den for her. Now she had a little project to work on while she gets settled in.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Azaflaza wrote:The door opened slightly to reveal the face of a woman, looking a little bit nervous about the situation. Jessie spoke first, "Hi, my names Jessie, and this is my husband, Scott. We're your new neighbours, we just moved in to number 10. We thought we'd come and meet some of the other people in the estate." As Jessie was explaining who they were Scott just did what he does best, smile and look charming.

Over back in the house, Kayleigh had gotten bored of her room already and want to explore the rest of the house. She walked down stairs and strolled around eventually stumbling upon the garage which had a small steel closet door. She opened it and crawled inside discovering a 2x2 metre room. It was completely bare apart from a vent at the back, it was perfect for a small den for her. Now she had a little project to work on while she gets settled in.

"Oh," Rosario said, a bit more enthusiastically. She closed the front door momentarily to unlocked the chain and swung it open. "We just moved in ourselves. Let me go get the boys for you. I'm Rosario, I'm the housekeeper. Please," she ushered in with a rapid twirl of her arm, "Come in, come in. Living room is right there, make yourself comfortable, I'll be back in a moment."

She smiled at the two of them as they walked in and quickly made her way down the hallway, "Connor, mijo, you have guests. Jason and Stiles, come on down chicos," she said moving up the stairs quickly.

Connor heard from afar, on the phone with a client, half paying attention to the man at the end of the line, "No, no, I'm not paying for another test survey when we already did one for the same site. You tell the carrier those surveys are valid for six months and then it expires.... no, we haven't even hit two! Yes, yes, do that, thanks." With that he hung up, a little frustrated that he had to work when he actually needed to unpack. The office was still a mess and Connor was beginning to dislike the idea of having work in his home. Stepping out, he padded his way down the hall and into the living room, noticing their guests as Rosie had said.

"Hello," he said with a friendly smile, "I'm Connor, nice to meet you two."

Azaflaza
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Azaflaza » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Azaflaza wrote:The door opened slightly to reveal the face of a woman, looking a little bit nervous about the situation. Jessie spoke first, "Hi, my names Jessie, and this is my husband, Scott. We're your new neighbours, we just moved in to number 10. We thought we'd come and meet some of the other people in the estate." As Jessie was explaining who they were Scott just did what he does best, smile and look charming.

"Oh," Rosario said, a bit more enthusiastically. She closed the front door momentarily to unlocked the chain and swung it open. "We just moved in ourselves. Let me go get the boys for you. I'm Rosario, I'm the housekeeper. Please," she ushered in with a rapid twirl of her arm, "Come in, come in. Living room is right there, make yourself comfortable, I'll be back in a moment."

She smiled at the two of them as they walked in and quickly made her way down the hallway, "Connor, mijo, you have guests. Jason and Stiles, come on down chicos," she said moving up the stairs quickly.

Connor heard from afar, on the phone with a client, half paying attention to the man at the end of the line, "No, no, I'm not paying for another test survey when we already did one for the same site. You tell the carrier those surveys are valid for six months and then it expires.... no, we haven't even hit two! Yes, yes, do that, thanks." With that he hung up, a little frustrated that he had to work when he actually needed to unpack. The office was still a mess and Connor was beginning to dislike the idea of having work in his home. Stepping out, he padded his way down the hall and into the living room, noticing their guests as Rosie had said.

"Hello," he said with a friendly smile, "I'm Connor, nice to meet you two."

They turned and saw a man, both of them smiling at him. But this time Scott took charge and went to shake hands with Connor while introducing himself, "Hello Connor, nice to meet you. My name's Scott and this is my gorgeous wife, Jessie." Jessie herself shook hands with Connor after Scott giving her own greeting, "Hi nice to meet you too." She then took a step back as Scott began explaining why they were here.

"Well we should probably explain ourselves. We just moved into house number 10 and felt it appropriate to meet our neighbours and make friends. We are planning on going around every house and inviting everyone to a dinner party at our house. If they have kids they can bring the kids and they can all make friends while we hopefully do the same, we hope it will be the foundations of a community among us. But of course if its not your thing we understand."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse