NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu May 15, 2014 7:09 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Shrugging as he handed off the supplies to Kale, who Bran didn't realize why the nickname of her stuck, she did have some clothes now, so Bran wasn't much too weirded out getting near her. He pawned off the supplies to her, and then realized that not many people he was with remembered Vaffleheim as much as he did. Giovenith would, probably remember a bit of it, Dani possibly more (He still didn't recognize her), but he knew the most out of these people . . .

Raising an eyebrow at Marcus' antics, he shrugged, and headed over to the Teen.

"Marcus. They'll listen to you more, right? How about I relay some directions and suggestions?"

He looked out the door, buttoning the last few buttons on his coat.

"We're not getting there by nightfall. We'd need to hole up someplace, get to the Canal tomorrow morning. There's an Bank near the entrance, could use that if it's still standing, had a big metal vault."

Marcus nodded at Bran. "That would be perfect. Hey, Torii! Bran knows a good spot to aim for."

The boy gestured for his teen companion to join them so Bran could explain what they were looking for. He looked to Dia and Varona as well in the hope that they'd overheard.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu May 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Insidious pursed her lips thinking for a second as her skin settled on a dark blue shade. "I think it used to be called...San Francisco, but it was renamed Isis by Empress Theagan. Its one of the largest Luxan cities and is the headquarters of FleshMoulders and Eden Inc. the two largest genetic companies."

San Francisco was where the boxes of Rice-A-Roni came from, or at least that's the first thing that popped into Naomi's mind. It was a treat of some sort. She had some back at the apartment but she gave up trying to prepare the stuff inside after accidentally setting a fire on the stove.

"Will you go to one of those?" she asked. "FleshMoulders sounds meh. Too hard and masculine. Eden sounds like a place for beauty. Oh, I bet they do wonderful skin alterations there."

The thought of flesh being molded reminded her of the flesh that had been cooked down in the caldron. Naomi's skin certainly didn't change color but an anxious look came into her eyes. "Insidious, will Aegis be okay? Can we go see him now? I'm so worried about him." The girl couldn't explain why, even if asked. Aegis had somehow found a place in her heart despite his somewhat cold attitude. It was his kindness towards her that had impressed her most. Most people humored her or thought her stupid; she was simply inexperienced in worldly things and, like a child, still learning. He didn't mock or laugh at her. He didn't humor her. He simply allowed her to be herself and that made all the difference to her. She would have stayed by his bedside and sung to him until he was well - had Ogoti allowed it, which he certainly wouldn't have! - and the thought of any dear person suffering was almost too much for the little god to bear.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu May 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Varona's eyes glanced over the two as she heard them. A bank vault? That was as solid a shelter as they come. A great stepping stone on their journey. The things were designed to resist even the most complex break-ins, usually. She wondered why bomb shelters weren't designed like vaults for a second before shrugging it off. "That, coming anyone with a better idea of the city layout than I, sounds like a good enough shelter for tonight to me. We should start heading over there, now." She hated to keep doing this, but it was true. They weren't going to get there by standing around, and everything seemed to be sorted, so the only logical thing to do now would be to take the first step. She was still taking the rear guard position, as her rifle needed a minimum amount of range for her to operate it efficiently.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu May 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii smiled at Nick again and replied. "Do I climb? Well, I don't climb much anymore, but I guess I enjoy climbing. I like climbing real high, usually trees, or buildings. I'm scared of getting hurt and all that, but there's this kind of rush you get when you're really high up, that just amazing."

Nick's little display in her mind made her feel warm. It was nice, something to distract her from the desolation around them. She had a feeling that she would like spending time with the cat.

Towards the end of Torii's speech, contact had been maintained for long enough so that the communication became two-way.

<Yeah, that's one- hang on-> The warmth was enjoyable, but it didn't seem logical for it to be from a few minutes in the future. He'd picked up stuff from others before- it was probably Torii's-

Nick's eyes widened, and Torii would feel a sense of realization, a bit of surprise, and as though something kind of made sense (in addition to a bunch of other emotions mentioned previously.) He hadn't thought of this before, but- maybe this could be used to their advantage? (Torii would feel a bit of hope, a bit of excitement, and a bit of pride join the melange of emotions.) The cat got the idea that being as quiet as possible was desirable at the moment-

The cat secured his position, clinging to the girl's appendage. <Torii- listen.> He sounded more serious than he had been at any other time when speaking to her. <At times, my power lets me pick up- oh, and please don't move. Anyway, on the kinds of things that I can communicate to others. I know time I'm in contact is part of it, but there's more to it than that. Currently, I'm getting some emotion from you. I want you to try something- just, try to say something. Not out loud, though. Like I'm doing.> After all, others had managed exactly that. (The woman in the dining room and the guy in black from the redecorated dining room who was Death or something, to be specific.)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Tribblequest

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu May 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:Tribblequest

Damn that old crone and that infernal horn. She's worse than Fram! Rache elbowed ChryS and before pulling his host from his reverie. Gemetzel likewise drew Ru'hOff back to consciousness.

The Cultists hadn't technically slept. Their minds had slipped into a cocoon while the Daemons had remained awake and seized control. Sleep would have risked the chance of dreams, and dreams might lead to thoughts which would negate the cultists' beliefs... or advanced them. It would have been dangerous for three humans to suddenly be found in that Klingon house, and more dangerous for the house to be under the subconscious dreams playing unchecked through the cultists' minds. The Daemon pair had passed the night speaking softly in a growled language, recounting old times or discussing issues regarding Atosh and his ilk.

Both men shook the silk from their minds and surveyed their surroundings. The crones requests weren't so unfamiliar to them. They'd put in their share of work in gratitude for the excellent meal. An hour meant a chance to void the wastes and wake up the mind. Ha'nS would have killed for a strong cup of coffee.

"Mezran," his voice was low enough to not intrude on any hangovers the others might be suffering from. "Dawn comes and there are Tribbles to slaughter."

It wasn't long before everyone in the guild were awake and preparing themselves for the task at hand. The mood was a growing tension in the room, as though the bloodlust in the Klingons were boiling rapidly and threatening to explode at the slightest twitch. It could be the way a warrior glanced at another, or one shoving another aside to get to the food on the table (what little there was left on it), any little thing. Mezran observed them all in silence, having been prepared faster than most of veteran warriors in the guild. Their armor differed also, many of which whose armor were thick leather with only a few metal plates, while others preferred to keep their outfits as light as possible; perhaps some sort of scout. One warrior passed by Mezran, the hulking figure was a sight to see, the Klingon's bicep was as big as the captain's leg and he wore a variant warrior's outfit that looked more like a short dress than anything else. Still, it seemed to have suited the Klingon and everyone in his way promptly moved away.

"Warriors!" The old crone shouted, her voice bounced off the stone walls, her stance stoic and coiled, as though she were also ready for battle against the vermin. "You've been given your instructions; head north, a quarter's day journey from here and you will see the enemy. Do not spare any, show no pity to these creatures. Remember that they live for nothing but to multiple and consume everything in their path! However, if you encounter one of those dishonorable petaQ'pu that belong to Molor, do not hesitate to feed them to the novpu'! Q'apla, honorable warriors, I will see you all at sundown!"

Every Klingon in the room cheered and hollered, so much so that Mezran was convinced their voice alone would topple the building if it kept on much longer. Minutes later, every soul in Varth's Chosen marched out the guild hall, greeted by the citizens of Varth who greeted them in cheers. They were not the only guild to move out this day, as several others ahead of them were already out also.

--//\\--

"Spread out! The novpu' are everywhere!" A Klingon ahead of them said. The forest here was thick in heat, the sun's warmth having been taken and multiplied by several orders. It was stifling and Mezran understood why so many of their guild chose the lighter armor. Being a Klingon, he didn't complain, appreciating the added difficulty to the quest. His legs burned from the march and his lungs fell short as they were in higher altitude.

"ChryS, Ru'hOff, Ha'nS," Mezran called after behind him. His gaze was fixed upon a cave. The interior was pitch black and the faint cooing sounds of those vermin echoed lightly, enough for the Klingon to pick it up. They were far enough from the others, not that the other cared, too focused on their own duties and whatever glory awaited them. "This way," he said, indicating the cave and taking out his mek'leth and d'ktahg. "Let us finish this and be on our way!"

This never gets old. No matter how many days she saw, she would always love the heat, and the feeling of sweat trickling down from her scalp and neck to fall down her back.

She wished she were her normal height, but carefully kept any hint of it from reaching her face so Hans and Rudolf wouldn't turn her back. Becoming short and blonde again in the middle of a bunch of Klingons would probably end with her and others in very many pieces. Chrys grinned a toothy smile, tapped the tip of her tongue against the back of her teeth in lieu of sticking it out as she normally would have, and swept out her own blade.

Now how to sneak away one of the critters for themselves...?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu May 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Torii heard the calls for her to come to the others, and she wanted to, but first...

She lifted a finger to signal them to wait a moment, then looked down at Nick again. "Say something?", She though. "Like what? Hello?"

She was just thinking it, but Nick would probably hear it if he was right about what he was testing. He would pick up some emotions from Torii as well: Excitement, anxiety, calm, determination, relief, and worry. She could act normal, and communicate well with her friends, but she had a lot of confusing feelings pent up inside.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri May 16, 2014 4:35 am

Giovenith knitted her face in concerned thought as the others talked. "Guys, aren't many older bank vaults literally airtight? If this one is and we shut the door behind us, we could suffocate after a few hours, maybe even less since there's more of us all breathing at once. Plus how would we open it from the inside?"

Giovenith wasn't sure how much Bran knew about this bank, and inside pretty much trusted him to reassure that there were ways to circumnavigate those problems, but still felt it was worth bringing up anyway. Holding their throats and weakly beating against a fortified, impenetrable door until the world went black was a pretty grim way to go. Not to mention, in this situation, ironic. She'd always wanted to avoid an ironic death.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 am

"We slept in the lobby with no problem, even though anything that wanted to could have marched through the door. They were kept out by FUBAR, or whatever it's called." Bran reasoned. "We don't have to actually shut the vault if it's open, we could leave it a crack open too, jam it with something so it stays open?" He shrugged, looking to Marcus for ideas. He didn't get how he was being disagreed with. Marcus was basically the leader of the teens, wasn't he?

"Well, anyways, that's my idea."

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri May 16, 2014 8:25 am

"Worst comes to worst; We leave the vault door cracked open and have a couple people on watch. That's still 5 out of the 6 sides covered." Varona said to Giovenith. She then looked to Bran. "That machine wasn't the only reason they stayed out." She said, politely reminding him of her sacrificing a decent night's sleep for the sake of their safety and peace of mind while they had slept. Then again, sleep deprivation wasn't in Varona's vocabulary. She could go three days straight without sleep in the field, though she liked to avoid it coming to that if at all possible.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 am

quote="Cerillium";p="20107196"]
Primordial Luxa wrote:Insidious pursed her lips thinking for a second as her skin settled on a dark blue shade. "I think it used to be called...San Francisco, but it was renamed Isis by Empress Theagan. Its one of the largest Luxan cities and is the headquarters of FleshMoulders and Eden Inc. the two largest genetic companies."

San Francisco was where the boxes of Rice-A-Roni came from, or at least that's the first thing that popped into Naomi's mind. It was a treat of some sort. She had some back at the apartment but she gave up trying to prepare the stuff inside after accidentally setting a fire on the stove.

"Will you go to one of those?" she asked. "FleshMoulders sounds meh. Too hard and masculine. Eden sounds like a place for beauty. Oh, I bet they do wonderful skin alterations there."

The thought of flesh being molded reminded her of the flesh that had been cooked down in the caldron. Naomi's skin certainly didn't change color but an anxious look came into her eyes. "Insidious, will Aegis be okay? Can we go see him now? I'm so worried about him." The girl couldn't explain why, even if asked. Aegis had somehow found a place in her heart despite his somewhat cold attitude. It was his kindness towards her that had impressed her most. Most people humored her or thought her stupid; she was simply inexperienced in worldly things and, like a child, still learning. He didn't mock or laugh at her. He didn't humor her. He simply allowed her to be herself and that made all the difference to her. She would have stayed by his bedside and sung to him until he was well - had Ogoti allowed it, which he certainly wouldn't have! - and the thought of any dear person suffering was almost too much for the little god to bear.[/quote]

Insidious nodded “They’re both a bit of a tossup. FleshMoulder is known for making more practical products, extra organs increased abilities, but Eden’s more cosmetic in nature so I think I’ll get it from them.” Insidious sighed “Perhaps…if Primordial is doing what I think he’s doing then he may need some time. Without the DEiMOS we are very weak. Primordial is probably working on it but without all of the necessary tools it will probably take some time.”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Nex had simply continued to sit and listen while the others talked and planned. He marked the canal on the map as where he thought they should go, and where he thought might be best to get to the canal and whatnot, then folded it up and stashed it in his pocket, saying 'see you later' to Am, in the hopes that he would, in fact, see him later. He wasn't quite sure who they planned to have lead or guide them, so for now he kept the map, though he planned to give it to whoever was going to guide them, because, you know, it might be useful for their leader/guide to know where they should go. For now, though, he just followed and listened.
Times are looking grim these days~

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Dia stepped back and looked her over more closely, the corners of his eyes wrinkling up in caution. At a loss, he shrugged, helplessly. A handful of minutes passed, and then he cleared his throat uncomfortably and tried again.

"Do you have to have anything to offer, to be worthy?" It was a strange attitude to have.

Dani shrugged, "I know a lot about the Drones, which right now seems to be all I have. My fighting skills aren't much of what they used to be.." She said, briefly reminiscing to a darker time in her history, a time she partially longed for. She looked at her hands, smiling up at him in a frail chuckle, "Not very good with a punch... never was, actually.." She said, holding her hands in various positions, she never did enjoy human hands, why had she only known this now?

"You seem better suited here, I just sort of got dragged along... how convenient..." She remarked, looking at the Drone, who was readying to follow along.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri May 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii heard the calls for her to come to the others, and she wanted to, but first...

She lifted a finger to signal them to wait a moment, then looked down at Nick again. "Say something?", She though. "Like what? Hello?"

She was just thinking it, but Nick would probably hear it if he was right about what he was testing. He would pick up some emotions from Torii as well: Excitement, anxiety, calm, determination, relief, and worry. She could act normal, and communicate well with her friends, but she had a lot of confusing feelings pent up inside.

It started out sounding a bit staticky, fading in and out, but by the time Nick received "Like" Torii's words had become clear and emotions, being, again, the form of thought with which the cat was most experienced, would almost flow between the two. Fortunately, said emotions were at this point very similar- Nick found himself himself feeling calmer as Torii would feel a bit of surprise and as though she'd succeeded.

<Whoa, cool! It worked!>

Soft brown fur brushed against the girl's other ankle as the cat (maintaining contact) excitedly nuzzled it.

Soon enough, however, something else would rush into Torii's mind- an increased, primal fear. It might, easily, have been a mere case of the cat's brain being over or under stimulated, or of suppressed emotions bubbling to the surface, and Torii would learn that through the connection at that time...it also, of course, could stem from Nick's other power...
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri May 16, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Torii did feel rather surprised at her succeeding, and a little sense of accomplishment too. It wasn't every day that a normal teenage girl got to establish a telepathic link with an abnormal cat, after all. Maybe for Halloween they could go as Sabrina and Salem?

Nick's sudden bubbling up of fear startled Torii, and she jerked away in fright, looking at the cat strangely. "Nick...", She said quietly. She was scared, too, and Giovenith's example of what could happen in the bank vault probably put her off of sleeping in such a thing. She'd rather stay up with Varona. Actually, she should probably go meet up with everyone now, and so she made her way towards the group, but waved for Nick to follow along.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri May 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Nick had enjoyed briefly basking in the shared sense of accomplishment, but all too soon Torii's jerking away broke the "link" (which wasn't exactly a link, at least not a very permanent one, and was actually more neurally than paranormally based.) He meowed as this occurred, and then again in response to Torii's "Nick..." and the strange look accompanying it.

Did I do something wrong? The cat pawed, again, at her foot, although establishing of a connection at that point (lacking access to exposed skin) was hit-and-miss; he missed, so to speak. <What->Torii started walking- 's going on?

He followed as she walked away, somewhat reassured by the wave.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Fri May 16, 2014 6:21 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"We slept in the lobby with no problem, even though anything that wanted to could have marched through the door. They were kept out by FUBAR, or whatever it's called." Bran reasoned. "We don't have to actually shut the vault if it's open, we could leave it a crack open too, jam it with something so it stays open?" He shrugged, looking to Marcus for ideas. He didn't get how he was being disagreed with. Marcus was basically the leader of the teens, wasn't he?

"Well, anyways, that's my idea."

"I believe that the effectiveness of the vault would depend on where in the bank it was located, if I am in a position to comment," Ray spoke up. He really wasn't doing much aside from standing around in his coat, and the mind could occasionally ponder away from the cold and think about other things. Home wasn't something that he necessarily wanted to think about, since he was afraid that it would obscure his thought process. So Ray instead spoke.

"There must be something else along the way, in the case that we don't make it to the canals by nightfall. And aside from spending much more time on deciding where to go, I don't know if we won't." With that, the realization came to Ray that he very well could have just been speaking without much reasoning, and thus he cut off his point and left the speaking to Marcus.

After all, the teen did know what he was doing, right?
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri May 16, 2014 6:49 pm

"I'm fine with any place with a roof over it really," Kale said as she put the medicine onto Joe, "Any shelter would do. Nothing out in the open." After she was done, Joe stood up to his normal position. He was always an odd plant. He could carry a lot of weight despite the fragile appearance. He had to if he was supposed to carry injured people.

Kale looked around to the others. She was feeling a bit lonely and wanted to talk with someone. She saw Torii and was excited to talk to her, but noticed something was off. She looked... scared. Kale quickly walked over to her, a concerned look on her face. "Torii? You okay?" she said in a worried tone.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat May 17, 2014 6:43 am

"We can figure it out all the way once we get there," Giovenith said, gently pushing the topic to the side and making her way toward the opening. "Come on everyone, the day is short." Varona had a point about the 5 out of 6, it would be better to be surrounded by the protective walls of the vault even with the door open than just the rickety old building.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat May 17, 2014 6:58 am

"Whelp, I'm ready to head out." Bran stated, dislodging himself from the wall he was leaning against, and stepping forward with the group. He had stood by Marcus, but now stepped over to Torii. He could always walk with her, but he had no idea if she was going to talk the whole way or not. That would be annoying even if it was anyone, but still, he could walk with a friend.

"Let's move it, Torii." Bran smiled and gave her a pat on the back.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat May 17, 2014 7:02 am

Mists had cleared by mid-morning. The group moved along their course, directed towards the bank Bran had suggested. Nick and Tora scouted ahead while the others remained as a gaggle behind them. The Drone and Varona took rear.

It's presumed that Am ghosted them; he would have remained concealed in the shadows if so. Other things, darker and more negative in intent, moved with them as well. There was a sense of being watched. It was as if the universe itself had turned inward to reflect upon this strange and out-of-place group. Everything about the group sung loudly to some observers, the newcomers' voices and energy as resounding in their hearts as a fly's leg plucking a spider's silken strand.

The going was very slow at first as the party carefully picked their way through (or climbed over) debris. The rubble took on new features as they went however, and by noon they found themselves in a more recognizable area. Homes, small businesses and restaurants were quickly losing the fight to the elements. Ramshackle structures gave way to buildings by 2PM. The glass in these was long gone and they had an unwholesome air to them. Humanity's touches become more apparent: an old newspaper stand quietly rusted under the meager shade cast by a dead oak. Weathered signs advertised sales or enticed shoppers to come in and try deli meats or free coffee. The wind caused loose doors to creak. Strange vermin darted away at their approach.

A greying dome loomed ahead of them. This was the First Vaffelhelm Bank that Bran remembered from better times. It's main doors stood out against the marble structure, eternally yawning to reveal a dark interior.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

Dia hadn't spoken while the group moved out, mindful of the unseen eyes ghosting them. It wouldn't ordinarily have been an eerie feeling, especially to someone who trusted Fate only to be herself. Full of caprice, with whims that turned on a dime. This was Vafflehelm, however, and he knew better.

"Information is power," he said finally to Dani with more than a tinge of irony. His and Chrys' tendencies to unleash hell at the slightest provocation had mellowed considerably during their time with the rest of the residents. For real combat, though, they knew that reality well.

"It might help to think of it as just another form of fighting." His mouth twisted as he thought again of Allspice.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat May 17, 2014 8:46 am

Cerillium wrote:Mists had cleared by mid-morning. The group moved along their course, directed towards the bank Bran had suggested. Nick and Tora scouted ahead while the others remained as a gaggle behind them. The Drone and Varona took rear.

It's presumed that Am ghosted them; he would have remained concealed in the shadows if so. Other things, darker and more negative in intent, moved with them as well. There was a sense of being watched. It was as if the universe itself had turned inward to reflect upon this strange and out-of-place group. Everything about the group sung loudly to some observers, the newcomers' voices and energy as resounding in their hearts as a fly's leg plucking a spider's silken strand.

The going was very slow at first as the party carefully picked their way through (or climbed over) debris. The rubble took on new features as they went however, and by noon they found themselves in a more recognizable area. Homes, small businesses and restaurants were quickly losing the fight to the elements. Ramshackle structures gave way to buildings by 2PM. The glass in these was long gone and they had an unwholesome air to them. Humanity's touches become more apparent: an old newspaper stand quietly rusted under the meager shade cast by a dead oak. Weathered signs advertised sales or enticed shoppers to come in and try deli meats or free coffee. The wind caused loose doors to creak. Strange vermin darted away at their approach.

A greying dome loomed ahead of them. This was the First Vaffelhelm Bank that Bran remembered from better times. It's main doors stood out against the marble structure, eternally yawning to reveal a dark interior.

The visible part of the bank looked to the cat's eyes as though it hadn't been disturbed by even a whisper in years. Nick wasn't quite superstitious, but seeing magic, being abnormal himself, being told of myth and religion, and growing interested in literature had combined to result in a healthy respect for the unknown... especially when it did not even come in mortal guise...

It didn't seem like a good idea to break that silence. At least not quite yet. The footfalls of the group, even unaccompanied by voices, doubtless would. But he and Torii didn't have to. If they moved slowly, he could guide her steps to make almost as little noise as his own- and, of course, neither would actually need to make a sound to communicate, if a two-way connection were to be established.

Turning slightly away from the door, Nick pressed himself against the girl and explained his thinking. She'd feel (along with other emotions) anxiety and unease, (at least partially) courtesy of Nick, during this period. [i]<Think something at me, to make this happen?>

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 am

Torii happily walked beside Bran for a good portion of the trip, saying only a sentence or two as they traveled. She seemed apprehensive at leaving him to scout, but it was what she had established for herself in the group, and so she went.

She didn't think that she had ever been to a bank, but this one looked large for a bank...or did it? She followed the Cat as quietly and quickly as she could, and hunkered down near a piece of debris as he established a link. "You mean, to make the bank open? The city? I don't understand.", She thought.

"Once we're all in the bank, we'll have to check out the vault. What Gio said earlier, about being stuck in one? I don't like the thought of that. It scares me, so I might just find my own little area, or keep watch wit someone else for the night."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 am

Varona, in the rear guard, knew better than to just play tagalong to the rest of the group. She stayed behind, stepping no more than five feet into surrounding buildings as they made their way to the bank. She took the unorthodox and pesky routes along the way. Ones that would take a more careful step around to navigate. These paths would not be a problem for her, since she was operating alone in the back, and would hopefully discourage any and all other things that may be ghosting the collective she agreed to protect. The ruins of the old city gave her a slightly off feeling, but then again that was a common feeling for a place such as this. She wasn't put off by it creeping around her and following her like a shadow everywhere she stepped because she was used to it by now, and the others had each other's company to alleviate that feeling.

Still, just because she was used to that feeling, didn't mean she ignored it. She clung to it like a lifeline, knowing full well it would keep her alert. Nothing had gone wrong so far, so she was just waiting for something to happen. The suspense was killing and easing her at the same time. Every second that passed was a second closer to something suddenly becoming a problem, but it was also a second that they were closer to their goal. She kept her eyes on the sides and behind the group, occasionally looking to the sky for anything representing a Demon creature or the like. If any of the others had taken a look back, they might've asked themself the question "Did we leave Varona behind?" as her presence seemed to almost vanish when they left.

Achievement

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Sat May 17, 2014 11:32 am

Monfrox wrote:Varona, in the rear guard, knew better than to just play tagalong to the rest of the group. She stayed behind, stepping no more than five feet into surrounding buildings as they made their way to the bank. She took the unorthodox and pesky routes along the way. Ones that would take a more careful step around to navigate. These paths would not be a problem for her, since she was operating alone in the back, and would hopefully discourage any and all other things that may be ghosting the collective she agreed to protect. The ruins of the old city gave her a slightly off feeling, but then again that was a common feeling for a place such as this. She wasn't put off by it creeping around her and following her like a shadow everywhere she stepped because she was used to it by now, and the others had each other's company to alleviate that feeling.

Still, just because she was used to that feeling, didn't mean she ignored it. She clung to it like a lifeline, knowing full well it would keep her alert. Nothing had gone wrong so far, so she was just waiting for something to happen. The suspense was killing and easing her at the same time. Every second that passed was a second closer to something suddenly becoming a problem, but it was also a second that they were closer to their goal. She kept her eyes on the sides and behind the group, occasionally looking to the sky for anything representing a Demon creature or the like. If any of the others had taken a look back, they might've asked themself the question "Did we leave Varona behind?" as her presence seemed to almost vanish when they left.

"We should hurry up, we're quite far behind" - August said after putting his hand on Varona's shoulder. He was also lagging behind, but that's mostly because he left the Building the last and took a look around while walking towards the bank.

"Splitting up and going away from the main group will only increase our chances of an enemy attack and lower our counter attacking force." - August said and drew out his sword. - "I feel like we are in a danger here, we should move."
Hannibal Lecter's Inspiration of the AXIS PACT!
I am the real Lith. Isle of Lithonia is a fake!

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.
Yes, I prefer NS rather than Eurovision.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
United Great Britian wrote:-really lame app-

If I was the OP, I would reject this immediately.
However, Allen doesn't like my harsh/just technique, so there's hope.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse