NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Lilian had not been able to explore with Jacob since he was busy, so she decided to wait to do that another day. She had recalled hearing about a celebration in the communal room and decided to join in. Celebrations were fun, right? Lilian's mouth watered once she was close enough to smell the food. "Hey everyo--", Lilian fell silent as she opened the door to the room. "Dude...", she muttered to herself as she scanned the room. It was extravagant, and Lilian wasn't used to seeing so much high quality food. She noticed Flint and sat down next to her. "Hi! How's your wound doing?"
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Flint jumped a bit again, but settled when she saw the familiar face. "Is good. Will have scar, but not serious." Flint said back. Cinnamon raised an eyebrow at Lilian. "I take it this....girl....is the one you said saved your life." Flint nodded. "Yes, not many people are so generous back in homeland as to save one's life without asking for debt to be paid." She turned to Lilian and smiled. "We still need to have drink sometime to celebrate living, yes?" She asked.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 pm

A feeling of happiness woke Nick up. Said cat yawned, glancing at the calendar on the wall of the room which he was in. January first (yawn) already? Happy New (yawn) Ye- (yawn) (blink) Nick rubbed dried mucus from his eyes- ar to me. I wonder if anything nice will happen this year, maybe I'll find- wait- I found them! I'm here! Finally! Actually... I'm probably missing a New Year's celebration!. Quickly grooming himself, Nick undid the latch on his door, thanking whoever had placed it at paw height, and left his room to find that the door exited onto a stairwell. Scurrying down, he followed his nose to an open door. He jumped onto the table next to an empty plate located near Giovenith and used his claws to grab some nearby meat.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Lilian grinned and hugged Flint. "That's helluva lot better than it could be! A drink would be great. Maybe later tonight since it's New Years?" She turned to Cinnamon, "Are you Flint's sister or something? It's nice to meet you!" You could hear the thumping sound of Lilian's tail as it wagged and beat against the back of her chair. One Flint was cool; two Flints would be really cool.

Lilian had almost forgot about the food part of the feast. She began by pouring herself a small cup of every tea there was and taking a liberal amount of sushi.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The big man took it and shook.

"I haven't decided on one yet," he snarked. "No, that was a joke. I'm Dia. So, Dan Foster, then, let's go back to the building where we can both get attacked by annoyed teenagers who want to keep themselves from being turned into blueberries."

He started off, hoping he'd triggered many questions in Dan's head.

"Wait," Dan said, catching up to Dia, he tried to match the steps and realized his was two for Dia's one. It didn't bother him, but teenagers. "Attack by whom? Why blueberries? How do you know them? And just how does one turn into blueberry? I mean, I could do that myself but it won't be exactly real," he blurted out offhandedly, "I wonder if it was the same folks I saw in the lobby just before I left for Haven.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Flint raised an eyebrow and looked to Cinnamon. The girl in question shook her head. "No, no, no. My name is...Thompson. Captain Thompson." The pilot replied. Flint shrugged. "Maybe. Is possible. Father was always sleeping around." Cinnamon gave Flint a flat stare. "I haven't seen my parents as much to judge that." She replied, taking another bite. Flint smiled to Lilian. "Drinks later tonight. Sounds good."
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 pm

"Heya, Torii, right here," Giovenith greeted her friend, waving to her location with the other teens. She had grabbed herself a small bowl of soup and was happily slurping down. "This stuff is pretty yummy!"

---

"He didn't seem like he meant harm though, so..." Willow trailed off, unsure of what to say, instead opting to shrug and bend down to bite into his food. "What did you get?" he asked after swallowing the first bite.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The Factory of Spike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Factory of Spike » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Javert sniffed. Food. Yes there was food. Good food, if the smell was anything to judge by. Wait there was something else. No... red meat. Ah well, other kinds of food were good to. Red meat had a certain attractiveness to the wolf, however. Maybe he could get some chicken. Javert walked over to the dining room, following his nose. He walked into the room, and walked over to a chair next to Nick, who he remembered from the beach. "May I join in this meal?" he asked.
Chaotic Good
Supports: Dragons
Against: Knights
I will often call myself a vampire. I DO NOT SPARKLE.
☻ Hello, fellow nation, this fine fellow to my left is Joe.
/▌\ He is an aspiring world conqueror.
/ \ Help him in his quest to take over the world by copying him into your signature.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:"Wait," Dan said, catching up to Dia, he tried to match the steps and realized his was two for Dia's one. It didn't bother him, but teenagers. "Attack by whom? Why blueberries? How do you know them? And just how does one turn into blueberry? I mean, I could do that myself but it won't be exactly real," he blurted out offhandedly, "I wonder if it was the same folks I saw in the lobby just before I left for Haven.

The wind was blustery and so it was that Dia continued clanking along in his armor, even as he explained.

"Attack by the teenagers. Because they're teenagers. I don't really know them, other than that they're fellow residents. I was away a long time, you see. Now I'm better. As for how one turns into blueberry, in this town anything can happen."

He paused under a streetlight in front of the Building. "You can? Could I see it? If you don't mind, I mean. And what people might you be referring to?" A thick eyebrow arched as he gazed down at the Fae.

Torsiedelle wrote:The way the man smirked rubbed Katya in the wrong way, but she remained quiet as she entered the store. The warmth enveloped her and set her at ease, getting away from the terrible cold outside. It was already nighttime, so she'd have to be fast. "Okay, shall we look at the coats and berets, bunny?", She asked MB, already walking to some warm coats. She was being drawn to a black coat that looked like her blazer, but seemed thicker and warm. She was planning on buying it before leaving to see the arc.

We can. Or if bored, we could always go someplace else. Make something else happen. What to do? Style or silly?

MB's eyes gleamed hopefully, but he knew he'd gain either way. Having fun or looking good were both decent choices.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The wind was blustery and so it was that Dia continued clanking along in his armor, even as he explained.

"Attack by the teenagers. Because they're teenagers. I don't really know them, other than that they're fellow residents. I was away a long time, you see. Now I'm better. As for how one turns into blueberry, in this town anything can happen."

He paused under a streetlight in front of the Building. "You can? Could I see it? If you don't mind, I mean. And what people might you be referring to?" A thick eyebrow arched as he gazed down at the Fae.

"Uh, the same ones?" Dan said with a shrug, stopping when Dia did, "I thought I saw some kids at the lobby just before I left. Could be mistaken though. I've only been here a week or so, still trying to settle into this new place. As for changing things... well..." He brushed a jacket sleeve up and took his watch, unlatched it and placed it on his palm. "Simple illusion really," Dan commented looking at the watch as his hand of power changed the object into a brown cased fan with a simple strap to hold it together. Peering up and raising his hand closer to Dia, "I could convince you that this is a fan even when you pick it up, open it, wave it about as you would a fan... right up until I decide to let the image go. Then it becomes a simple watch again. Or I could imagine it the way you like it, but I haven't quite mastered that yet."

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Giovenith wrote:"He didn't seem like he meant harm though, so..." Willow trailed off, unsure of what to say, instead opting to shrug and bend down to bite into his food. "What did you get?" he asked after swallowing the first bite.

"Got some soup, like we said we were going to make earlier, I guess I'm just lucky like that." Toscha grinned, again, taking quick glances over at Deuce. The massive form of the man was frightening, but since he wasn't ripping people apart or something, then he was fine with the Marine's presence in the room. The Lamia looked down at his plate of food, and shrugged. "It's all confusing, but I'm being adventurous."

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:25 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"Well I am getting older!" Rachelle smiled happily. She was glad to finally be 7, and now, her 8th birthday was already a few months away from now! Time seemed to be going pretty fast with her years at the apartment. "She's growing up to be quite the character, that's for sure. She's getting very bright too, put together a toaster once." Her father spoke up gladly.

He noticed the entrance of Deuce, and nodded his head, remembering the man from a while back.

--

Toscha was equally in awe of the massive Marine walking by, and dumbfounded at the respect he seemed to show towards his Pony friend. The lamia was shaken a bit by the massive size, and didn't dare say anything that might have been taken as offensive.

"H-Hi." He shrugged, looking at WIllow. "Yeah, that was sort of weird."

"Eight already?" Klaus smiled at Rachelle, "Well, soon it'll be nine and then seventeen before you know it."

He sampled a gyoza and found it to be too sweet and bland for his tastes. "My Sophie has a birthday coming up soon. I don't know what I'll do for it. She's still a child from the 1940s. Her tastes are from a simpler time when children played with dolls and hoops or perhaps drew on sidewalks when they could find chalk. No one plays the games she did. Modern children have forgotten how to use their imaginations to turn a leaf into a fairy or a wooly caterpillar into a fierce bear."

Torsiedelle wrote:
Torii was hungry, but the foreign food didn't help her much. Octopus and squid looked gross to her, and no meat? Well, she did remembee that Yoshi couldn't eat red meat. Deciding that she'd eat a little bit, for Yoshi, she picked here and there at whatever looked normal to her and assembled a plate. Satisfied with her choices, and a drink in hand, she began to search around for the other kids, and quickly found them, along with that big guy they saw in that hellish land once. He seemed nice....

"Hello again!", She said to everyone as she found her seat, and started to glance here and there. It seemed to be a real feast, with many people turning up. Was that Flint? She'd talk to her in a few, and were women of the adults she knew coming in?

"Hey Torii," Marcus scooted his chair over to make room for her. "Try a spring roll. Not too shabby. Don't know about the fish though. Some of it's raw. Oh, hey, there's some dumpling things, too. Might have chicken in them. Or pork?"

He lowered his voice and whispered, "But it's Asian food. Maybe a stray cat." He winked to show he was teasing.

"So, we kinda have the room itself figured out, only Giovenith we should add a bathroom to the list. But what about what we want in it? I mean, other than places to hang instruments - good idea, Torii - and a place for Yuna to set up plants."

His mind was already figuring out the greenhouse for the roof. It had gone from a simple cube to a largish thing where Yuna could have herbs in one area and even some dwarf fruit trees in another."

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Primordial thought long and hard on the question for nearly a half an hour. He kept trying to come up with ways to be sure but none of them held together under closer inspection. He considered asking personal questions but realized that anything that he knew Hastur would also know. So after much deliberation Primordial gives a defeated sigh. “I can’t…there’s no way for me to trust you.” He replied “You do whatever it is your going to do and I guess well just see what you are.”

Ogoti nodded. "Fair enough."

Actions spoke louder than words in this instance, although Ogoti had the feeling that the Luxans normally didn't trust anyone even when operating at full health. He rose but left the tea and cups. "Sanjay has done a remarkable job at healing you. You should be coming around soon, physically. Please don't lash out at everyone. My nurses have moved Insidious to your room; I believe she's still tending shop mentally, but you'll both be able to commune with each other and enjoy a meal together when you're ready, Primordial. My head nurse is Malaise. Don't let her name throw you; she delivers it but also is the best at soothing those suffering from it. Delightful daemonette, one of my favorites. I'm rather fond of her."

He slowly faded from Primordial's mind and returned to join the others in full consciousness. True to his word, Insidious now rested in a bed across the room from Primordial. It was a bland room done in shades of blue and with a window overlooking Point Park. The glass was unbreakable (it was technically a wall) but pristine and offered a view of the ocean beyond. Malaise gave a pert bow to Ogoti and assumed her role as healer in order to give the god and Sanjay a break.

"Kei, J'aluk - what the hell is wrong with the Krute? Let's put him in the lobby on Thriller's bench. He can think himself out of his stupor. Now then, Kei, let's eat some food and discuss a solution to the Aegis problem while our Luxan guests recover."

He offered his arm to the goddess.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:
"I loathe the cold," Ms. Clinton replied, equally memorized by the lighter. It ignited a spark shared with her sister, and it preyed upon her OCD...

But the flame wasn't enough. Not large enough. Not bright enough. Too small to burn roses. It would never be enough to set the world ablaze. No, for that you needed larger fuel capacity. More force. But why use fuel? Why not harness the very energy of the sun, splintering it into a million fragments as it bathed the earth in cleansing brilliance, purging every last mammal from the planet's skin. The aftermath would be glorious, and the resulting humidity refreshing to the lungs and scales.

Ms. Clinton shook her head, blonde hair tumbling about and landing haphazardly on her cheeks. She drew her hand up to brush it away, ring and pinky curiously folded towards the palm so only the two primary fingers were used.

"I'm... Alva," she confessed. "Gretta's sister." She lifted the material of her pants and squatted beside the woman. "Have you seen her? Do you know where the house went?"

Dora looked up.

"Alva Clinton-Von Eldritch? Hello. Most welcome to find another who enjoys the heat." There was a trace of amusement for a second, but it was gone swiftly. "I'm not sure if Gretta ever mentioned my name to you, or if you'd heard it from one of the other residents here. I don't tend to keep a low profile" - another flicker of amusement, as in a certain sense she did - "but if you don't know, I'm Dora. As for whether I've seen her, yes. The house disappeared while we were on the island, and I believe they mentioned they hoped to be back soon. I hope so. They were two of my only friends around this building. Possibly my only two friends, come to think of it."

"Alva Garbo," Alva sniffed. "Von Eldritch is Gretta's husband's surname. Gretta and I are Garbos."

The Clinton veneer faded to reveal a sharp-tooth raptor although she remained in the tasteful pants suit. "Gone then, house and all? Now I'm twice vexed."

Her nose tipped upwards and the feast smells cause her to salivate. She used her three-fingered hand to delicately wipe the corner of her mouth. "What do you mean you haven't any friends? Your name has been on that mailbox for ages. Surely you've lived here a while? Long enough to make friends or perhaps found a beau? Come now, you're not ugly, as far as mammals go. Do you mean to tell me that you're all alone in a place as lively as this building?"

The notion was inconceivable to the raptor. There was a plethora of annoying humans about the place.

The universe offered a cheer as the writer took possession of what was once his own character. That cheer manifested in an actual cheer in the Chaos bar although the genesis of the noise was no more than a normal greeting for Chrys and Hans as they fought the cold to make an entrance in the bar.

There weren't many patrons there. Most were neighbors who braved the chill to have a drink. The restaurant offered free appetizers. Hans found a spot at the bar and rapped his knuckles to order their usual drinks.

"I thought there would be combat," his mind had returned to their mission. "I thought maybe we'd have to battle the hordes of hell to get Thriller back. Now I've got pent up energy and want to beat the living shit out of something. I thought I'd use it to bleed off my feelings."

He accepted the beer the bartender set in front of him. A scarred thumb wiped a bit of frost from the glass. "I didn't even get to draw my sword." It was childish but Hans felt cheated out of a good fight.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:47 pm

"Eight!" Rachelle confirmed, holding up the appropriate amount of fingers on her teeny hands to visually show how old she was going to be. The girl seemed very proud of that fact, and once Klaus mentioned Sophie, she smiled even brighter, remembering her forays into the Raptor household, rounding up Waffalos with all her friends, Sophie included.

"Yeah, should get her a smartphone for her birthday." Bran joked, finding his joke pretty funny.

--

Kei found little trouble in lifting the Krute, although awkward to handle, the goddess finally found her way to the thinking bench, and deposited the delirious J'aluk onto it for some rest, and maybe some deep . . . Thinking?

"Of course." She bowed her head respectfully, intertwining her arm around his. "Aegis seemed to be the most hostile out of the three of them, so I don't know how we'll get him to go with us." She said, secretly worried about going back into that thing they were all trapped in. "Something in there felt, I don;t know how to put it . . . Strange."

--

"Well, a bathroom would generally be a good idea." Yuna agreed. Obviously, they wouldn't want to leave their clubhouse and use some normal bathroom. No! They needed their own bathroom!

"I think some simple furniture too, bean bag chairs, and the like."
Last edited by The BranRiech on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:52 pm

"So you don't even know? Wow! You guys could have dozens of siblings you don't know about." Lilian stopped hugging Flint and began slurping up her soup. It was piping hot but too good to put down. She was still suspicious of Javert, so Lilian wasn't pleased when he came in. However, it was going to be a fun night, whether or not Javert was around.

Lilian cleared her throat and looked around the whole table. A lot of the building wasn't present, but she was sure they'd make their way to the feast sooner or later. "Anyone have a New Year's Resolution?"

The Factory of Spike
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Factory of Spike » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Javert sat down. No one told him not to. He started gathering food onto his plate. "I for one am resolved to remain in control." Javert mentally kicked himself for saying that. He knew that most people didn't like to know that he was only barely in control. None of his thought process showed on his face, however, and he started to eat.
Chaotic Good
Supports: Dragons
Against: Knights
I will often call myself a vampire. I DO NOT SPARKLE.
☻ Hello, fellow nation, this fine fellow to my left is Joe.
/▌\ He is an aspiring world conqueror.
/ \ Help him in his quest to take over the world by copying him into your signature.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:04 pm

"I guess taking confusing things in stride is something I'm alright with adjusting to by now," Willow sighed, voice tinged with the lightest ping of amusement. The twisted things in life would be pretty horrifying when you didn't learn to laugh at some of it.

For what was another in a handful of times that Willow's could easily count, the abstract artist loosened his muscles, took a deep breath, and allowed the air in the room to cradle him. Whispering scents, the drone of conversation, all normal enough on the outside. But... I'm in another world, Willow thought to himself. It was obvious, but he seldom had time to actually let it sink in. Another world. Those two words alone could conjure endless dreams of towering purple mountains, eternal seas, twisted creatures, and antiquated kingdoms; and although it wasn't quite like the storybooks of favorite, Willow was content to let the slimmest of prides slip into his spirit that in this moment, he was living something akin to an exhilarating delusion.

Not by choice, of course. But then again, since when did any epic tale begin with a hero saying yes the first time?

"You know, I wonder how we're going to explain this all to anypony back home," Willow mused, half-smiling at the thought. "They'll probably dismiss it all as the loose fantasies of a couple of young ponies with too much to ponder."

---

"Bathroom, of course!" Giovenith dotted it down. "Not it on the cleaning the place. Yes, furniture needs to be thought of. We need at least one table, I'm thinking round? Like Yuna said, comfy chairs is essential too."
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:12 pm

"Lucky for them, I always wanted to try Cat.", Torii joked back at Marcus, after which she decided to take a few of the roll-like foods. She really should improve her pallete, she thought, and besides, it was partly Yoshi's cooking. She couldn't turn down Yoshi's cooking.

On the topic of their room, Torii nodded in agreement with Yuna and Gio. "Yea, bathrooms are definite. Maybe with a shower?", She added, and took a bite of one of the dumpings. They were good, she thought, and she wolfed the rest down before continuing. "Maybe a futon at the side to pull out and chill out on? I'd also still like a big balcony that we could all sit on, and look at the stars in the summertime. "

She added that in so that they could all wonder and watch together, not to mention she'd love to set up a sitting area for when it rained; she loved being outside in the rain. On top of that, she had another idea.

"What about a tiny kitchen area, like I have in my apartment? Not an actual kitchen, but like a secondary area with a counter and fridge to put snacks and stuff? With that, we want have to go to the kitchen."

"I'm not one for silly, Bunny. Classy, fashionable, sexy, even lewd, but not silly!", Said Katya playfully. She chose to take the black coat, and even found a pair of black legwarmers, which she definitely would get. "Now, let's look for the berets.... there they are...", She nodded, and approached the wall to look at the assoremt of hats. "That navy-blue one, I fancy. What will you have?"
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
"Lucky for them, I always wanted to try Cat.", Torii joked back at Marcus, after which she decided to take a few of the roll-like foods. She really should improve her pallete, she thought, and besides, it was partly Yoshi's cooking. She couldn't turn down Yoshi's cooking.

On the topic of their room, Torii nodded in agreement with Yuna and Gio. "Yea, bathrooms are definite. Maybe with a shower?", She added, and took a bite of one of the dumpings. They were good, she thought, and she wolfed the rest down before continuing. "Maybe a futon at the side to pull out and chill out on? I'd also still like a big balcony that we could all sit on, and look at the stars in the summertime. "

She added that in so that they could all wonder and watch together, not to mention she'd love to set up a sitting area for when it rained; she loved being outside in the rain. On top of that, she had another idea.

"What about a tiny kitchen area, like I have in my apartment? Not an actual kitchen, but like a secondary area with a counter and fridge to put snacks and stuff? With that, we want have to go to the kitchen."

"I'm not one for silly, Bunny. Classy, fashionable, sexy, even lewd, but not silly!", Said Katya playfully. She chose to take the black coat, and even found a pair of black legwarmers, which she definitely would get. "Now, let's look for the berets.... there they are...", She nodded, and approached the wall to look at the assoremt of hats. "That navy-blue one, I fancy. What will you have?"

"Probably wouldn't have a balcony," Marcus mused. He was thinking of what he knew about the building's odd properties. "What about a really large window we can open wide when it rains? Like a patio slider? Like the entire wall is one big window where we can see out but no one can see in?"

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
"Uh, the same ones?" Dan said with a shrug, stopping when Dia did, "I thought I saw some kids at the lobby just before I left. Could be mistaken though. I've only been here a week or so, still trying to settle into this new place. As for changing things... well..." He brushed a jacket sleeve up and took his watch, unlatched it and placed it on his palm. "Simple illusion really," Dan commented looking at the watch as his hand of power changed the object into a brown cased fan with a simple strap to hold it together. Peering up and raising his hand closer to Dia, "I could convince you that this is a fan even when you pick it up, open it, wave it about as you would a fan... right up until I decide to let the image go. Then it becomes a simple watch again. Or I could imagine it the way you like it, but I haven't quite mastered that yet."

"Well, everything's possible here. They could be clones." It came across as snark, even though it was remotely possible.

Dia paused as he watched Dan running through the watch/fan illusion. "That's simple? I thought that was quite good, actually. Convincing enough, definitely. What do you use your powers for?"

They were nearing the front door now; Ogoti and Kei and the stuporous J'aluk could be seen through it. The smell of food wafted down from the second floor, where the communal dining room was. It was very faint as all the entrances were shut against the cold, but could still be picked up. Dia reached out and pushed open the door with his fingertips, leaving room for Dan to go in.

Cerillium wrote:
"Alva Garbo," Alva sniffed. "Von Eldritch is Gretta's husband's surname. Gretta and I are Garbos."

The Clinton veneer faded to reveal a sharp-tooth raptor although she remained in the tasteful pants suit. "Gone then, house and all? Now I'm twice vexed."

Her nose tipped upwards and the feast smells cause her to salivate. She used her three-fingered hand to delicately wipe the corner of her mouth. "What do you mean you haven't any friends? Your name has been on that mailbox for ages. Surely you've lived here a while? Long enough to make friends or perhaps found a beau? Come now, you're not ugly, as far as mammals go. Do you mean to tell me that you're all alone in a place as lively as this building?"

The notion was inconceivable to the raptor. There was a plethora of annoying humans about the place.

Dora smiled a thin, brittle smile. "Meaning no offense. Yes and no. I've found nothing but partners, but very few actual friends other than the people I've known for thousands of years. Tiresome, isn't it? But as we're both temporarily missing people, maybe we should head down and get some food? And we might meet newcomers, as well. People are always coming and going."

She shifted into a crouch, balancing on her knees, while she waited for the pants-suited raptor, and held out a hand.

Cerillium wrote:
The universe offered a cheer as the writer took possession of what was once his own character. That cheer manifested in an actual cheer in the Chaos bar although the genesis of the noise was no more than a normal greeting for Chrys and Hans as they fought the cold to make an entrance in the bar.

There weren't many patrons there. Most were neighbors who braved the chill to have a drink. The restaurant offered free appetizers. Hans found a spot at the bar and rapped his knuckles to order their usual drinks.

"I thought there would be combat," his mind had returned to their mission. "I thought maybe we'd have to battle the hordes of hell to get Thriller back. Now I've got pent up energy and want to beat the living shit out of something. I thought I'd use it to bleed off my feelings."

He accepted the beer the bartender set in front of him. A scarred thumb wiped a bit of frost from the glass. "I didn't even get to draw my sword." It was childish but Hans felt cheated out of a good fight.

"Hardly a beautiful letdown." Chrys sprawled forward and rested her chin on her folded hands, which in turn rested on the bar. Her own glass sat in front of her and she watched the droplets merging together as they rolled down the side.

There was a silence, maybe a minute's worth. Then she turned sideways and lifted her gaze to Hans' face. "Does Rache have anything to say about that? I don't have an inner daemon, but I know I have the itch, too. Somewhere there has to be something in want of a good thrashing."

Torsiedelle wrote:

It was a rabbit in the ladies' section with a pair of sheer taupe stockings. He'd managed to artfully disassemble the cardboard backing without damaging it too much, and was now wearing one on each ear, making him look like a cross between a rabbit and a snail. The series of bizarre colors he was turning made the scene even more surreal. To complete the whole ensemble, he'd fetched himself another navy-blue beret to match Katya.

Look good? he signed, with his pseudo-antennae.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm

"I have yet to actually see a balcony in an apartment, so Marcus has probably got it right there." Giovenith crossed her legs under her, writing quickly to get everything the others suggested down. "I somewhat prefer windows anyway, balconies are things toys get stuck on and stolen. I put down a bookshelf on the list too, since it sounds common place. Do we know if this is going to be one big room, one small room, multiple rooms? We don't want to overstuff."

Giovenith's mind was just as much on practicality as it was reveling in the fantastic joy of obtaining such a club house. Then again, it had not occurred to her that perhaps the building would make whatever suited their wants, but one couldn't be too careful.

"If the bathroom has a shower like Torii suggested, we need to put a lock on the door, so no one walks in on anyone else." This was said very bluntly and seriously, as Giovenith was thinking about her own anxieties involving those sort of things. She frankly didn't see why a clubhouse needed a shower, but then again, Torii was something of an active girl... rinse off after sports perhaps? Made sense. She was sure the other girl had her reasons, as did everyone with their suggestions.
Last edited by Giovenith on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Cerillium wrote:Ogoti nodded. "Fair enough."

Actions spoke louder than words in this instance, although Ogoti had the feeling that the Luxans normally didn't trust anyone even when operating at full health. He rose but left the tea and cups. "Sanjay has done a remarkable job at healing you. You should be coming around soon, physically. Please don't lash out at everyone. My nurses have moved Insidious to your room; I believe she's still tending shop mentally, but you'll both be able to commune with each other and enjoy a meal together when you're ready, Primordial. My head nurse is Malaise. Don't let her name throw you; she delivers it but also is the best at soothing those suffering from it. Delightful daemonette, one of my favorites. I'm rather fond of her."

He slowly faded from Primordial's mind and returned to join the others in full consciousness. True to his word, Insidious now rested in a bed across the room from Primordial. It was a bland room done in shades of blue and with a window overlooking Point Park. The glass was unbreakable (it was technically a wall) but pristine and offered a view of the ocean beyond. Malaise gave a pert bow to Ogoti and assumed her role as healer in order to give the god and Sanjay a break.

"Kei, J'aluk - what the hell is wrong with the Krute? Let's put him in the lobby on Thriller's bench. He can think himself out of his stupor. Now then, Kei, let's eat some food and discuss a solution to the Aegis problem while our Luxan guests recover."

He offered his arm to the goddess.

Primordial simply nodded and began to delve into his mind hoping for a single moment that this was an end to his suffering and he worked slowly just like Insidious to rebuild his mind from the ground up from the inside.

For the first few minutes after they woke up Primordial and Insidious remained in their violent feral state however soon this began to pass and they transferred into a more dismal trance like state. Their brain activity began to drop at an alarming rate and their heart rate fell in a similar style. For several hours they remained this way in a state similar to hibernation and death until their caretaker presented them with food. Quickly they began to tear into the substance with a vicious and sickening speed and savagery that revealed the true nature of their condition. It took them mere minute to finish the mountains of food they had been given at which point the they began to show signs of menacing intelligence as insidious began to lick everything she could find while Primordial simply began to mutter to himself “roasting meat, cakes and red wine. Hot, fat, blood, food. Pots, plates of meat, and flesh, and grease, and juice, and baking, burnt, sticky hot skin.”

It was a marked improvement.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 pm

"Could always explain it by making a scrapbook or something. Take enough pictures of things and people are bound to believe you. Or, like we discussed, you could bring one of us to your world." Toscha suggested, switching to the most recently brought up topic of the Pony's credibility of visiting another world. "I mean, just think of all the ways to prove you were here."

--

"Balcony would be nice, but yeah, I haven't seen one on a building like this yet." Yuna confirmed, shrugging at the thought. "Well, at least we pretty much can go crazy with that we want on the inside. I still like the thought of the bean-bag chairs. They're nicer for someone with wings who can't sit on the backs of chairs too well."

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:00 pm

The BranRiech wrote:"Could always explain it by making a scrapbook or something. Take enough pictures of things and people are bound to believe you. Or, like we discussed, you could bring one of us to your world." Toscha suggested, switching to the most recently brought up topic of the Pony's credibility of visiting another world. "I mean, just think of all the ways to prove you were here."

"The old pictures or it didn't happen? Sounds fair enough," Willow chuckled a bit, taking a few more bites of his meal and pondering some things. "Now that I think about it, I actually think the Equestria Games are starting right about now at home... real big sporting event. Not much interest to me personally, never liked sports, but my parents are both huge sports fans and always look forward to it."

Here he rolled his eyes. "You know, what's really stupid? Like really, really stupid? They would always have us pack up our things, and go on a cloud trip to where ever it was the Games were being held, and find a place to stay for the duration of them. All just to watch the Games, together, you know? Ehehe, hehe, real... stupid... er..."

Well, he always thought before it was rather stupid. But the unsure cracks in Willow's voice surprised even him, as did the sudden sinking feeling his abdomen... he was pretty sure his opinion of sports hadn't miraculously changed in the past few months, but suddenly looking back at the Games traveling with his folks, the memories took on a more idyllic glamour. Had they always been... enjoyable? If so, why did Willow only realize that when he knew he wouldn't be doing it this year?

Willow cleared his throat.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:05 pm

"But you have wings; you can just hover around like winged people in cartoons.", Torii teased at Yuna. Then, to Giovenith, "Yea, locks are good. A bookshelf, too. I can live without a balcony. And beanbag chairs? Sounds cool. I like'em."

Leaning back, she kicked the chair onto its back legs and observed the table absentmindedly. All of these were good ideas.

"Maybe it could be two rooms? My place is four, with a closet. Maybe it has an upstairs place for a sleeping room?"

"Nice.", Katya said, and giggled at the rabbit's antics. "That'll do fine. So, let's go pay for our stuff....yes?"

She hoisted up her new clothes and walked to the register to pay.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse