NATION

PASSWORD

Fairy Tail RP [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Fairy Tail RP [IC]

Postby Rupudska » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Schwarze Adler guild building
8:30 AM
April 14, X784
Costello, Minstreli Commonwealth

It was a lovely spring day in the town of Costello. Warm, with a cool, gentle breeze coming over from the strait to the north from Bosco. The nigh-irresistible scent of baked goods and other north Minstreli cuisine wafted through large sections of the city, especially in the north-central district, where the city's pride and joy lay: Its premier guild, Schwarze Adler, which also owned the opera/orchestra house.

Many of the guild's members played instruments, though many more were skilled mages, especially so when it came to slaying monsters. The Guildmaster herself played both the piano and the organ, besides singing. The S-class mage and drawing card of the guild [if being an orchestra wasn't enough], Tabura Bohnham, also played drums and guitar for those seeking more modern forms of music.

Speaking of which, at the moment, the Guildmaster herself was playing Chopin's Nocturno on the grand piano in the bar immediately in the entrance. Instead, the members were talking amongst themselves, or looking at the jobs board, next to the entrance to the music hall. On the other side of the three double-doors from it were the stairs to the S-class balcony and the news bulletin, which also displayed upcoming performance dates.

This civility was, however, only on the surface. In one corner, two male mages were arguing heatedly over a copy of Sorcerer Magazine with Mirajane on the cover. In another section, one of the older mages was getting increasingly drunk on his wine, nearly swigging it from the bottle. A loud rumbling signified that the drinking fountain by the bathrooms had yet again tried to gain attention by committing ritual suicide. And the commotion behind and around the bar indicated that it was still around breakfast time.

So, it was business as usual when Tabura herself burst through the main entrance, dragging a cart with the hide of some massive, lizard-like beast on it.

"Mornin'."
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Dante sighed with his eyes closed as he allowed the music to sweep over himself. It was an odd sight to see a man dressed in black robes like himself to be seen leaning against a wall with a smile on his face. But the grand-master was excellent piano player. He only could think of one person he had heard who played better than her, and that person was now dead. Such talent was rare these days. It made him almost forget that his parents were dead, and that he was back in his own home with his dead merchant father. He was so happy he chose to join this guild.

But reality swept in. No matter how much Dante allowed the music to overcome his senses, the arguing of two mages, and the third drunk mage particularly continued to ruin his serenity and suck him back into reality. Dante glanced around and cursed silently. "Idiots" Dante muttered as he clasped one of his black bells on his side, a trait he had developed over the years. "Don't appreciate music for what it really is"

Shaking himself, Dante yawned and considered going to find a job to go accomplish. It had been a while since he had gone anywhere distant. Maybe someplace far away would ease his mind a bit. It would also perhaps give an opportunity to find another bell.

Suddenly, his mind was shaken as Tabura came through the entrance, lugging the lizard hide behind her on the cart. Dante glared. While Tabura was a skilled musician, she was a noisy brat. "Tabura, what in the world have you brought today?" Dante asked grumpily, striding up the fellow mage, his black robe swirling behind him, his bells ringing slightly with each step.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Emiko was at the public gardens near the center of the city. The warm weather, the cool breeze from the coast, the soft flower bed she was laying in, the large ancient oak tree which provided her shade. Everything was perfect. Well, almost perfect. The sun was bright out this morning and it hurt her sensitive eyes. Some days she wished she could blot out the sun, though she got in trouble the last time she did that. She rolled around in the freshly tilled dirt, letting every part of her feel it. She was happy as a woman could be. She lifted her head up and looked around the gardens. People were relaxing on benches or on the ground. Children playing and adults talking. The pond near the center glistened from the sunshine. Nobody paid much attention to Emiko as she did this a lot. A woman rolling in the dirt was nothing new to them. She smiled at the thought.

She lowered her head and turned it towards a pink daisy which was a foot from her. In an instant she froze up in fear. On the daisy was a small jumping spider looking directly at her with its large eyes. It posed no threat to her and looked kind of cute to a normal person. But to Emiko, it was the most terrifying thing in existence. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" she screamed loudly. Everyone in the garden looked at her, with a look that told "Oh no".

She got up and Lifted her leg up high. Dirt and rock wrapped around her foot. "Earth Dragon Tremor Foot!" she shouted loudly. She slammed her foot down upon the daisy. Dust and debris kicked up from where she was standing. The gardens shook wildly, like an earthquake had formed at the center of it. People fell and ran from the gardens in terror. Cracks in the ground spread out from where Emiko slammed her foot. When the dust settled, there was a sizeable crater where Emiko slammed her foot. The daisy was eviscerated by the attack. The spider couldn't be seen. It was either obliterated or escaped. Emiko gave a sigh of relief. She looked around at the gardens, examining her destruction. Angry townsfolk entered the destroyed gardens, giving her angry looks. "Oops," she said embarrassingly while rubbing the back of her neck, "I guess I overstayed my welcome." She picked up her umbrella and ran out before the crowd surrounded her. She opened her umbrella as she ran.

Emiko barged through one of the Front Entrances of the guild and slammed the doors behind her. She breathed heavily from running, trying to catch her breath. She looked around, looking at her guild mates. As usual, they didn't pay much attention to her. They knew that when she barged in something bad happened, usually involving her. She calmed down and put her hand in her pocket. Out of her pocket, she grabbed a small metal flask. She opened the small cap and took a swig from it. Instantly, she was rejuvenated and beamed of energy. She looked noticed Tabura and what she dragged in. She smiled and walked over to her. "Looks like you brought quite a haul Tabura," she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Percival had started his morning in the courtyard of the guild hall with another one of its members. They had offered up the challenge to Percival the day before and he simply couldn't refuse.

Percival held both his hands comfortably to his side and two dull-bladed swords seemed to materialize out of the ground and ascend into his hands. He handed one to his challenger and gave a bow to him before taking a ready stance. "Go!" He announced to start the duel. The challenger started out by hastily advancing his way towards Percival, who simply braced himself and stood his ground. He raised his sword above his head and easily blocked a downward slash from his opponent. After a failed attack his opponent jumped back expecting a counter attack. Percival took two steps towards them and stabbed his blade forward enough to get inside his opponents guard. With a twirl of his blade, both swords clashed and Percival swung both swords around stopping by pinning the point of his opponent's sword into the ground.

After a momentary pause the ground shook violently. Percival's eyes widened out of surprise. He looked up to see a similar look of surprise on his opponent's face. He used the distraction to his advantage and brought his blade up to rest on his opponent's shoulder. They both took a step back and Percival dismissed the weapons and they slowly disappeared. "You aren't supposed to parry hard enough to cause tremors Percival."

He smiled back at his fellow guild member "Very funny, but that wasn't me. I have a feeling I know whose behind it, thank you for the fight." He gave a slight bow and walked back inside the guild hall. It didn't take him much searching before finding Emiko's umbrella sticking out of the crowd near Tabura and her most recent catch. "So I take it I have you to thank for that earthquake Emiko?" He said as he walked over to the rest of the group.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Xing wrote:Percival had started his morning in the courtyard of the guild hall with another one of its members. They had offered up the challenge to Percival the day before and he simply couldn't refuse.

Percival held both his hands comfortably to his side and two dull-bladed swords seemed to materialize out of the ground and ascend into his hands. He handed one to his challenger and gave a bow to him before taking a ready stance. "Go!" He announced to start the duel. The challenger started out by hastily advancing his way towards Percival, who simply braced himself and stood his ground. He raised his sword above his head and easily blocked a downward slash from his opponent. After a failed attack his opponent jumped back expecting a counter attack. Percival took two steps towards them and stabbed his blade forward enough to get inside his opponents guard. With a twirl of his blade, both swords clashed and Percival swung both swords around stopping by pinning the point of his opponent's sword into the ground.

After a momentary pause the ground shook violently. Percival's eyes widened out of surprise. He looked up to see a similar look of surprise on his opponent's face. He used the distraction to his advantage and brought his blade up to rest on his opponent's shoulder. They both took a step back and Percival dismissed the weapons and they slowly disappeared. "You aren't supposed to parry hard enough to cause tremors Percival."

He smiled back at his fellow guild member "Very funny, but that wasn't me. I have a feeling I know whose behind it, thank you for the fight." He gave a slight bow and walked back inside the guild hall. It didn't take him much searching before finding Emiko's umbrella sticking out of the crowd near Tabura and her most recent catch. "So I take it I have you to thank for that earthquake Emiko?" He said as he walked over to the rest of the group.

Emiko perked up when she heard Percival. She turned to him. "Ha! Another prideful fool trying to best you at swordsplay? I'm guessing you kept your title," she said, "Anyways, it was me. Could only be me, Costello is void of natural earthquakes." She took a swig from her flask. "Guess I helped you in your fight but at the cost of the public gardens. Damn spider was too close to me," she said. She closed her umbrella and put the tip of it on the ground like a cane. The light in the guild hall was low enough to not be a pain for her.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:10 pm

"I-I-I think you have... too much to drink-"

"Shut up!"

Ducking under the counter as a wine bottle was thrown her way, Christine Wahl clearly did not expect guild life to be this rowdy. A dimunitive mage by any standard, she was hardly destined for the rigour and adventure the guild's jobs offer on a regular basis. She even failed her trail miserably, facing down a bull with nothing but a bubble blower in her hand. In the end, she still got in the Schwarze Adler somehow, manning the bar counter as the guild's quintessential brewer-slash-barmaid. Not the most promising of starts, but it was still a start.

Whimpering under the cover of the counter as the drunk mage hollered for more booze, Christine was already on the brink of tears. She wanted to go home already, and she certainly was not enjoying her arrival to the guild very well. She only hope she could master the spells in her ancestor's journal soon. None of this mayhem seemed to be worth learning Beer Magic to her.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Wolfenium wrote:"I-I-I think you have... too much to drink-"

"Shut up!"

Ducking under the counter as a wine bottle was thrown her way, Christine Wahl clearly did not expect guild life to be this rowdy. A dimunitive mage by any standard, she was hardly destined for the rigour and adventure the guild's jobs offer on a regular basis. She even failed her trail miserably, facing down a bull with nothing but a bubble blower in her hand. In the end, she still got in the Schwarze Adler somehow, manning the bar counter as the guild's quintessential brewer-slash-barmaid. Not the most promising of starts, but it was still a start.

Whimpering under the cover of the counter as the drunk mage hollered for more booze, Christine was already on the brink of tears. She wanted to go home already, and she certainly was not enjoying her arrival to the guild very well. She only hope she could master the spells in her ancestor's journal soon. None of this mayhem seemed to be worth learning Beer Magic to her.

Emiko turned her head towards the counter. She heard the whimpering of a voice she hadn't head of. It was female and young. She glanced over at the two guild members who were in a drunken brawl. "Hold on Percy, I need to do something," she said. She pocketed her flask and put her umbrella in a loop which was attached to one of her belts. She walked over the two guys and picked them up with ease. She glared at them, her red eyes flashing. The two men started sweating profusely and gave her looks of utter terror. "Quit fighting around the new kid," she said in a sinister tone. "Yes Ms. Tierrath!" the two men yelped. She let go of them and they scurried off out of the front entrance. Emiko smiled. She walked over to the bar and sat down on one of the bar stools. She could still hear the whimpering. "They're gone now. You can come out, it's safe," Emiko said in a warm tone.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:"I-I-I think you have... too much to drink-"

"Shut up!"

Emiko turned her head towards the counter. She heard the whimpering of a voice she hadn't head of. It was female and young. She glanced over at the two guild members who were in a drunken brawl. "Hold on Percy, I need to do something," she said. She pocketed her flask and put her umbrella in a loop which was attached to one of her belts. She walked over the two guys and picked them up with ease. She glared at them, her red eyes flashing. The two men started sweating profusely and gave her looks of utter terror. "Quit fighting around the new kid," she said in a sinister tone. "Yes Ms. Tierrath!" the two men yelped. She let go of them and they scurried off out of the front entrance. Emiko smiled. She walked over to the bar and sat down on one of the bar stools. She could still hear the whimpering. "They're gone now. You can come out, it's safe," Emiko said in a warm tone.

Crawling from under the table, Christine felt a bit embarrassed at her predicament. Blushing a bit, she blurted, "t-thank you... I'm really sorry for... earlier. W-would you like something, Ms. Tierrath? I-I'm not sure if I can find something to your tastes..."
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Percival watched the argument and Emiko's subsequent scolding of the two men, utterly disgusted by the men's lack of dignity in conducting themselves. It was probably for the better that Emiko had handled the situation, they would have been a lot more hostile to him if he had gone over. "Good riddance. Come back when you're sober and ready to be respectful to a woman." He said mostly to himself. "So, Dante. Any good news for you today?"
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:23 am

The Norak Federation wrote:Suddenly, his mind was shaken as Tabura came through the entrance, lugging the lizard hide behind her on the cart. Dante glared. While Tabura was a skilled musician, she was a noisy brat. "Tabura, what in the world have you brought today?" Dante asked grumpily, striding up the fellow mage, his black robe swirling behind him, his bells ringing slightly with each step.

Tabura grinned at the question. Good old Dante. He was a bit old-fashioned [like much of the guild], but she didn't mind too much. Especially since she could still kick his ass. Probably.

"This is a Great Eastern Firelizard. Was a bit of a pain to kill him, though. I went through three drumsticks before I finally bashed his skull in. See?" She lifted the head part of the skin for him to see. Sure enough, there was a sizable area of damage from where she had attacked it. And considering how thick a Firelizard's skull was...

She then noticed that Christine had calmed down (sorta [for once]).

"Christine! You still have any of that draft beer left?"
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 am

Kagakura was sat at the bar, drank fully wine. He was just rested after a jobwas finished. The environment surrounding the guild is not at best, with sometimes constant fighting with the seniors, that if the seniors try to pick him first. The relationships between members, especially with the new members are not at best. The example was that harsh conversation with the new barmaid. Seems like the barmaid, too, is not known to has magic abilities to defend herself from something like that.

"Christine, perhaps, you need to learn magic to defend yourself from us, if you mind. A guild is not a place for a non-magical person."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 am

Rupudska wrote:
The Norak Federation wrote:Suddenly, his mind was shaken as Tabura came through the entrance, lugging the lizard hide behind her on the cart. Dante glared. While Tabura was a skilled musician, she was a noisy brat. "Tabura, what in the world have you brought today?" Dante asked grumpily, striding up the fellow mage, his black robe swirling behind him, his bells ringing slightly with each step.

Tabura grinned at the question. Good old Dante. He was a bit old-fashioned [like much of the guild], but she didn't mind too much. Especially since she could still kick his ass. Probably.

"This is a Great Eastern Firelizard. Was a bit of a pain to kill him, though. I went through three drumsticks before I finally bashed his skull in. See?" She lifted the head part of the skin for him to see. Sure enough, there was a sizable area of damage from where she had attacked it. And considering how thick a Firelizard's skull was...

She then noticed that Christine had calmed down (sorta [for once]).

"Christine! You still have any of that draft beer left?"

"Umm, right away," Christine blurted, reaching for a large beer glass as she opened up a valve from a keg. Unlike her lack of people skills, her showmanship with the glass was impressive. Filling the glass to the brim, she slid it across the table with near total precision, slowing down at the end for Tabura to pick up.

Altito Asmoro wrote:Kagakura was sat at the bar, drank fully wine. He was just rested after a job was finished. The environment surrounding the guild is not at best, with sometimes constant fighting with the seniors, that if the seniors try to pick him first. The relationships between members, especially with the new members are not at best. The example was that harsh conversation with the new barmaid. Seems like the barmaid, too, is not known to has magic abilities to defend herself from something like that.

"Christine, perhaps, you need to learn magic to defend yourself from us, if you mind. A guild is not a place for a non-magical person."

Glancing back at Kagakura, the shrinking violet denied, "w-what do you mean I'm not magic? I'm magic... I just need some improvements with my spells... I-I don't want to be a burden, you know..."

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 am

Ophioneus silently moved along the fringes of the guild hall, serpentine gaze quickly roving over the other members and the surrounding environs. He smiled faintly, predatory eyes instinctively flicking towards the sounds that Christine had made earlier. From amongst his dark robes, a white snake extended its form, head roving through the air, tongue flicking from time to time. The Eternal Serpent tried to refocus his attention to other things, knowing that it was best to keep his instincts under control, at least for the time being. Christine was always one of the kind of people that tended to send all the signals of a prey item, to one such as himself. It was therefore like a kind of mental endurance test whenever that one happened to be around in his general vicinity.

One another note, he tended to be more cautious around Emiko Tierrath, since she seemed to be quite volatile at times, and undeniably dangerous. She also happened to be rather unpredictable around water, too. Even more dangerous though, was the guild master. And to a lesser extent, Tabura, even if her usual outward nonchalance might have put some at more of a sense of ease, her lightning, combined with drum and guitar magic, tended to be something worth keeping an eye on. Especially since his water magic was apt to mix badly with lightning.

As he moved though the guild hall, he briefly acknowledged Percival, a short distance away, and Dante a little further away, as the man spoke with Tabura, and whilst she conversed with Christine, and at the same time, Kagakura joined in. Ophioneus quietly took a seat nearby, casually wondering who things would end up working out on this particular day.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 am

"It's fine, they're are the ones who shouldn't be fighting. They get drunk all the time and fight over the most petty things," she said, "Anyways, I'm sue thee is a bottle of Iceberg Vodka. Bring it for and a shot glass." When she heard what Kagakura said, she got a little ticked. "She wouldn't be in this guild if she didn't know magic, Kaga," she said. She turned her head back to Christine. "What kind of magic do you know?" she said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 am

The Carlisle wrote:"It's fine, they're are the ones who shouldn't be fighting. They get drunk all the time and fight over the most petty things," she said, "Anyways, I'm sure there is a bottle of Iceberg Vodka. Bring it for and a shot glass." When she heard what Kagakura said, she got a little ticked. "She wouldn't be in this guild if she didn't know magic, Kaga," she said. She turned her head back to Christine. "What kind of magic do you know?" she said.

"Hai," squealed the cheery girl, scurrying to the cabinet for the bottle and shot glass. Popping some ice in to the glass, she made little haste getting back with her order. Thinking over Emiko's question, she felt a bit awkward admitting it. She saw little value in her magic, even the ones she was supposed to learn. Besides turning alcohol or other drinks into magical tonics, she could not see much potential. Nonetheless, she chose to answer anyway.

"Not much, really," she admitted in veiled dismay, "I can only use Bubble Magic currently. Not much to say besides blowing slow moving projectiles that pop at a touch, or blowing up a screen of them. It gets worse once I figure out how to use Beer Magic. Besides Foam Flood, I can't see how I can fend for myself very well.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:39 am

Wolfenium wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:"It's fine, they're are the ones who shouldn't be fighting. They get drunk all the time and fight over the most petty things," she said, "Anyways, I'm sure there is a bottle of Iceberg Vodka. Bring it for and a shot glass." When she heard what Kagakura said, she got a little ticked. "She wouldn't be in this guild if she didn't know magic, Kaga," she said. She turned her head back to Christine. "What kind of magic do you know?" she said.

"Hai," squealed the cheery girl, scurrying to the cabinet for the bottle and shot glass. Popping some ice in to the glass, she made little haste getting back with her order. Thinking over Emiko's question, she felt a bit awkward admitting it. She saw little value in her magic, even the ones she was supposed to learn. Besides turning alcohol or other drinks into magical tonics, she could not see much potential. Nonetheless, she chose to answer anyway.

"Not much, really," she admitted in veiled dismay, "I can only use Bubble Magic currently. Not much to say besides blowing slow moving projectiles that pop at a touch, or blowing up a screen of them. It gets worse once I figure out how to use Beer Magic. Besides Foam Flood, I can't see how I can fend for myself very well.

"Bubble Magic? Woah, that's fantastic, Christine! Sorry to doubting on your abilities, Christine. However, you still need physical self-defense skills. Not all of the people in this world know how to use magic, but they can defeat magicians like us. Take for examples, pirates, tribal hunters, mercenaries, they all sometimes are only known for their physical attributes, but able to defeat magicians like us with their skills. Ask for help to learn for self-defense skills, better if you wield weapon, until you can properly use magic."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:41 am

Rupudska wrote:

Dante shook his head. Not in disgust, not as if he was disapproving the girl's actions, but just because he wasn't sure what to say. He was thinking however what he would like to do with his club of his own if had a chance. Unfortunately for him however, Tabura was a skilled member of the guild. She had been here longer than he had been, and in a fair fight, would probably be able to beat Dante up. But a fair fight didn't include summonsing others to your aide. Perhaps if Dante summoned Lucifer, or even Modred...

Xing wrote:Percival watched the argument and Emiko's subsequent scolding of the two men, utterly disgusted by the men's lack of dignity in conducting themselves. It was probably for the better that Emiko had handled the situation, they would have been a lot more hostile to him if he had gone over. "Good riddance. Come back when you're sober and ready to be respectful to a woman." He said mostly to himself. "So, Dante. Any good news for you today?"

Dante's thoughts were interrupted by Percival. Dante turned and gave the mage a glance. Percival was actually one of the few members who had earned Dante's respect, not due to any battles or anything, but because of his general attitude. Percival was a hard working young man, and an honorable one at that. Out of all the mages in the guild, Dante would probably trust Percival the most.

"Nothing in paticularly. Was thinking of doing another job. Who knows, maybe I can find another bell?" As Dante said this, he held up one of his small grey bells, the image of a boatman on it.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
R.I.P. Wombat

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 am

Daniel tried in all his might to not look up from his seat, to not look at the mess that it was the guild he learned to live with for almost a year, but he knew it was on the point to betray himself again. And he did, he looked up in the second he heard about a Great Eastern Firelizard.

Damned curiosity, it foiled him again. As you see, Daniel didn't like one bit that the guild was also a place to crush when you need to get drunk: it was a unavoidable sight of something that would made his blood boil and his calmness go away that convinced him to adopt a simple defense mechanism of 'ignoring the world and get into a book you like until there is a job to do'; sadly a tactic that managed to fail constantly as concentration and noises weren't exactly big friends.

Sometimes, he would think of his tranquil hometown, Magnolia, of the beautiful lake and the river streets, only to remember that the local guild of there was largely infamous to be hundred of times more crazy than any guild in the world, making him appreciate a bit more the Schwarze Adler.

Closing his book, while holding his magic pen in his right hand, he ended up entering into the discussion they were having with Christine.

" That would actually be a double-edged sword as you know, if you forgive me the ironic metaphor. Bubble magic is one of those type that permits highly manipulation on it's uses by the user itself: imagine if the bubbles make are venomous, they could trick an opponent to harm itself, and also create dangerous traps, since they are very easy to break. I would suggest to avoid losing focus on something that needs only proper training...and besides, seeing the amount of drunks that infest this place every day, I'm surprised we never witnessed a natural Foam Flood. " he said and concluded monotone, clearly annoyed by the whole speech, before turning his attention to the Firelizard, studying it with interest.

Monster hunting wasn't exactly his favored ability, but he was glad to have found also a more efficient balance in it: the chance to study exemplars like this one was rare without the proper team to make sure they would stay down or dead.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Emiko took the shot glass and downed the vodka in on swing. She slammed the glass down on the bar table, creating a large thud. A normal shot glass would have broken, but the guild learned quickly to special order stronger drinking glasses after her arrival. Emiko took the bottle and poured herself another shot. "Bubble magic huh? Must be a pretty adaptable magic," she said," You can make bubbles out of any liquid, right? From oil to... water." She quivered a bit and downed her second shot. Slamming the glass down again, she poured a third shot. A normal person would be a bit tipsy from downing two shots of Iceberg's famous vodka, but Emiko wasn't normal. She had an extremely high alcohol tolerance and could easily out drink everyone in the guild and not feel the slight bit drunk.

"So you know beer magic? Well, I'm glad we finally have one who knows it in the guild. All we had for the past few years are ones who only know how to pour drinks. I hope you make us some good drinks," she said with a smile. She downed her third shot and slammed the glass down on the table.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Dante's thoughts were interrupted by Percival. Dante turned and gave the mage a glance. Percival was actually one of the few members who had earned Dante's respect, not due to any battles or anything, but because of his general attitude. Percival was a hard working young man, and an honorable one at that. Out of all the mages in the guild, Dante would probably trust Percival the most.

"Nothing in paticularly. Was thinking of doing another job. Who knows, maybe I can find another bell?" As Dante said this, he held up one of his small grey bells, the image of a boatman on it.

"True, you never know what you could end up finding or encountering on a guild job." Percival then gestured toward Tabura. "Case and point being Tabura here killing a Firelizard. I'm always up for a guild job and its never good to take on a quest alone, so if you're looking for guild members to join your team consider me your first volunteer." No matter what the job ended up being Percival was always ready and willing to take part in it. No matter how menial the task was it was benefiting others as well as the guild through its completion, or at least that's how he saw it. And gaining the glory of killing any creatures that were encountered? Well that was a readily accepted bonus to him as well.
"Were you hoping to keep the numbers down or did you have anyone else in mind to ask to go?"

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Xing wrote:
The Norak Federation wrote:Dante's thoughts were interrupted by Percival. Dante turned and gave the mage a glance. Percival was actually one of the few members who had earned Dante's respect, not due to any battles or anything, but because of his general attitude. Percival was a hard working young man, and an honorable one at that. Out of all the mages in the guild, Dante would probably trust Percival the most.

"True, you never know what you could end up finding or encountering on a guild job." Percival then gestured toward Tabura. "Case and point being Tabura here killing a Firelizard. I'm always up for a guild job and its never good to take on a quest alone, so if you're looking for guild members to join your team consider me your first volunteer." No matter what the job ended up being Percival was always ready and willing to take part in it. No matter how menial the task was it was benefiting others as well as the guild through its completion, or at least that's how he saw it. And gaining the glory of killing any creatures that were encountered? Well that was a readily accepted bonus to him as well.
"Were you hoping to keep the numbers down or did you have anyone else in mind to ask to go?"

When Percival suddenly out of nowhere came out and volunteered to join Dante's team, an idea that never really occurred to him, the Necromancer's eyes widen with surprise. This was a twist. True, Percival was one of the hardest working individuals Dante knew, but it was out of the blue.

"Erm, uh, sure. Some company would be useful on any job. Usually it's just me and my magic doing the task" Dante commented, which was half true. Company was good, and it was his magic that he used. But the part with it being just him was a small lie. He always had a demon spirit at his call, just in case.

Now thinking about making a team, Dante glanced towards the bar, thinking about possible people. He noticed Ophioneus in the corner of his eye, and imagined asking the serpent mage if he would like to join himself and Percival. He wasn't sure whether the man would accept or not. He was something a bit more of a dark sheep of the guild. While it probably wouldn't be the best idea, Dante desired to ask the, ask Dante called him, 'Snake Charmer'. Who knew, maybe he and Lucifer would get along?

Then his eyes caught the barmaid. The center of attention, and a pretty little thing, Dante couldn't help but rest his eyes on her. She was very new, and probably not very experienced, but perhaps she knew some form of magic that would surprise himself. Besides, a team shouldn't just consist of males, should it?

"Percival" Dante started. "There are two other individuals i wouldn't mind bringing along." Dante then strode forward, and grabbing Percival's shoulder, pointed directly at the new mage. "Seldomly there are few non-magical mages in this guild. I'm curious to see what her magic is." Dante looked directly at Percival. "Could you go and ask her? I'm not as, eh, fluent and gallient with the ladies as you are, otherwise i would. And while you do that, i shall ask the other person i have in mind."

Not waiting for an answer, Dante turned aside and began to walk towards Ophioneus. He couldn't help but feel his right hand, or 'ringing hand (Something his dad always said) begin to shake with nerves. He wasn't used to talking to people. Asking people to help was something unheard of. He usually was so much of a loner. Oh well, time to turn a new leaf.

Coming close to Ophioneus, Dante gave his best grin. "Ophioneus!" Dante started, while pulling a chair. "I was wondering if you would be interested in working with me and a few other individuals on my next job." Inside, Dante chuckled. Not subtle and straight to the point. Why waste formalities?

"Would you be interested?"
R.I.P. Wombat

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Tabura downed the beer in a scant few seconds. She wasn't as hard a drinker as Emiko (Never had been), though she could give some of the other guild members a run for their hooch money.

Still, at the moment she didn't really want to get too drunk.

"Something light, next. Light in alcohol content, not in flavor."

Xing wrote:"True, you never know what you could end up finding or encountering on a guild job." Percival then gestured toward Tabura. "Case and point being Tabura here killing a Firelizard. I'm always up for a guild job and its never good to take on a quest alone, so if you're looking for guild members to join your team consider me your first volunteer." No matter what the job ended up being Percival was always ready and willing to take part in it. No matter how menial the task was it was benefiting others as well as the guild through its completion, or at least that's how he saw it. And gaining the glory of killing any creatures that were encountered? Well that was a readily accepted bonus to him as well.

Tabura slightly raised her eyebrow as she heard Percival suggesting someone form a team. She hadn't been on one in a while. Could be interesting, though she usually saved teams for particularly difficult missions. Which said something, as she didn't bother with one while hunting the Firelizard.

She sat up with a huff, carrying her drink with her. "I guess I'd be interested in such a team."
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Ophioneus smiled faintly, serpentine gaze flicking towards Dante. "Oh, I may be interested. Provided what our team does isn't boring, of course." His prehensile tongue darted out as he licked his lips for a moment, glancing at Tabura as she revealed her interest in joining the team Dante was starting, too. Well well, perhaps this will be an undertaking worth some consideration after all, he thought. One thing it was rather unlikely to be, was a waste of time. It seemed that this guild was never the kind to be dull, though of course, he doubted it was as eventful and chaotic as one of the more famous of guilds, Fairy Tail foremost among them.
Last edited by Videssos on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Videssos wrote:Ophioneus smiled faintly, serpentine gaze flicking towards Dante. "Oh, I may be interested. Provided what our team does isn't boring, of course." His prehensile tongue darted out as he licked his lips for a moment, glancing at Tabura as she revealed her interest in joining the team Dante was starting, too. Well well, perhaps this will be an undertaking worth some consideration after all, he thought. One thing it was rather unlikely to be, was a waste of time. It seemed that this guild was never the kind to be dull, though of course, he doubted it was as eventful and chaotic as one of the more famous of guilds, Fairy Tail foremost among them.

Dante nodded as Ophioneus gave his answer. Not neccesarily the answer he expected, but it was a conditional yes. It all relied on finding a good job. Which would be easy enough, as long as...

Rupudska wrote:
She sat up with a huff, carrying her drink with her. "I guess I'd be interested in such a team."

Inside Dante groaned. He didn't expect this. As he turned to outright deny Tabura however, a small thought did pop into his head. She was an S-class mage. She was powerful and strong, not to mention musically talented. Perhaps if she found a way to shut up, the job wouldn't be half bad. And if events went south, she would perhaps have enough might to pull the group out of a sticky situation "Alright, you can come too. However, I call the shots, alright? What i say, goes. "
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Wombat

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Emiko noticed that people were starting to form up teams. "This quickly? Must be something in the drinks," she thought. She usually went on with teams with newer mages, to help them out from the start. She turned towards Christine. "Since everyone is forming up teams, how about you and me partner up? We could do a few missions and I could show you the ropes. I help you build yourself up in this guild and maybe teach a thing or two to you. What do you say?" Emiko said to Christine.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse