NATION

PASSWORD

1000 AD Historical RP -IC-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:23 am

Donetsk, Pecheneg Tribal Area

Yaroslav took the shining silvered longsword from the last Pecheneg lord, nodding gracefully as the man bowed morosely in surrender. Behind him men cheered. "Rus! Rus! Yaroslav and the Rus!" The Crown Prince sheathed the weapon in its scabbard, and slung it across his back, accepting the former petty king's offer of fealty and service to the Grand Prince's rule. It was sensible, the action of a logical lord; perhaps he would remain a noble in this region once it was formally integrated into the dominions of the Rus'. Yaroslav smiled, his clean-shaven face in stark contrast to the haggard appearance of the former Pechenegs.

"May peace reign long in this land once more, Baron Yttres."

The Pecheneg lord started; obviously he hadn't expected to receive a title or even friendly words from the Rus' conqueror, and surprise flared under his beetling brows. In guttural Rus' with a southern accent he responded slowly, obviously bludgeoning his brains for words.

"I wish that as well, Crown Prince Yaroslav. It will be better than the wars of mine kin."

Yaroslav nodded, clasping the man's hand, his face solemn.

"May the Lord watch and keep you and yours from harm."

They parted on amicable terms, and as the Crown Prince rode south with his host messages came telling of the capitulation of the rest of the western tribes, as well as the Uzes and Croats. Grand Duke Imshav Dolgorky was a fine military man indeed, to cow so many barbarians in so little time. Now there only remained the issue of the tyrant of Odessa, busy rallying malcontents in the Crimea to the south. It was nominally Byzantine land, but the Romans clearly cared little for its governance if they allowed such a rogue to plot open rebellion within their borders.

Vyborg, Finnland

The road ahead was blocked with a mass of milling Finns, their weapons crude, but their mein determined. Gustav held up a hand, signaling the column of riders to halt, and an uneasy impasse settled on the highway like the cloak of night. The Rus Horselord thought quickly; his unit was new-formed by the Grand Prince, a light skirmishing battalion meant to fight border wars and against nomads, not a slugfight with infantry. As such, he whistled loud and shrill, giving the order for a retreat with hand signals to his Seconds. With obvious skill and practice the formation of mounted men wheeled, turning back towards the lands of the Rus'. Another hand signal led to arrows being strung on bows, and then released over the shoulders of the riders into the mass of Finns.

Peasant soldiers were obviously not expecting such a maneuver. They fell en masse, screaming and scrambling in the mud to chase after the departing Rus; they were far too slow however, and soon the Rus were out of sight. The Finns began treating their wounded and carrying the dead off to the nearby city, bewildered at the sudden attack of the Rus'. Raiding over the border was common against the Kievans, but Rus' reprisals had never come this far into the Finnish lands.

And then the legions of horsemen returned, firing arrows at a gallop as they swept towards the disorganized levies. It was a rout, as men flung down weapons and shields to flee faster.

Clearly the Rus' were no longer content to be raided every spring. A pity indeed. For the Finns.

Odessa, Kievan Rus'

The steady drumming of mallets on wood filled the coastline of the city of Rus and Slavs, for good reasons. An influx of princely troops and artisans had struck the region by storm, buoyed up by a rather large chunk of funds from the Kievan treasury. Forests were falling to the north, and the rivers south were nearly choked with traffic and floating logs-rafts bound for the sawmills by the Russian Sea. Drydocks had been constructed, beginning only a month after the fall of the great city to Yaroslav. And now the first few ships were already putting to sea, great galleys crewed by well-paid rowers and northern sailors, filled to the brim with soldiers.

To His Holiness the Pope, The Bishop of Rome, Sylvester II
Your request has reached our ears, and the Rus' people respond. We are far afield, and the aid of our good Christian men may be long in coming, but come it shall. We have dispatched ten war-galleys south and west, to come to the aid of your Holiness via the Straits of Bosphorous, bearing five hundreds of our finest troops that march under the banners of our city of Kiev. May the Lord find work for their strong arms and quick minds to do to aid the cause of Christendom.
Vladimir Sviatoslavich, called the Great, Grand Prince of Kiev, Prince of Novgorod, High Lord of the Pecheneg Dominions, Duke of the Crimea, and Tsar of all the Rus'
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:49 am

Principality of Salerno, 1000 AD

Princes John II and his son, Guaimar III had been the new holders of the prestige of once powerful city-state in Italy. Now, it's their task to maintain the flourishing nature of Salerno. The Princes sent a letter to the Pope for their continuing support to the Patriarch of Constantinople and to the Roman Emperor, failing to acknowledge the Holy Roman Emperor at Germania.
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Emilio Aguinaldo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Emilio Aguinaldo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:02 am

As King Sweyn wanted to rid of his son Svend a page came to him and gave him the letter that the pope addressed to him. After reading it he thought "Finally, a use for that reckless idiot." He immediately wrote a letter in response.
To: The bishop of ome
Greetings of peace to you! Oh Glorious Pope! I, king Sweyn, pledge to send my son, Svend, along with 2500 men for your expedition on the condition that he is allowed to control a part of the land that you will conquer. May the Lord find a use for my son, and may his mind be clear and be decisive.

After that he mobilized his army at Trondenlag and marched them towards to Lappland to conquer the Lappish peoples.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:Grab your gun, point it at bad guy, pull trigger.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 am

Southeast countryside, Salerno

The two princes are on their horseback, along with their retinue of commanders and generals, both the Principality's Army and Armada. The two greater commanders are talking in a father-son arrangement.

"Papa, look at the sun. It seems to be a bit gloomy today. Isn't it, Papa?" Guaimar said as he gazes at the setting sun.
"I know, son. Just like our enemies, our rivals in our conquest for the greatness of our people." John replies as his mesmerizes his memoirs of his father, Guaimir II of his dreams and attained goals for the Principality.
"Your Highness!" A clerk approaches to Prince John as he speaks gleefully. "I had finished the letter I wrote for the Roman Emperor at the East, requesting for 4,000 mercenary soldiers, enough as an addition to our Army."
"Increase that. Make it, 4,500 mercenaries."
"But, sire, is it very not logistical?"
"We have the fortunes, the prestige and the powerful trading industry in our back. No one can dare stop us, even the Holy Roman Crown, nor the Papacy, but of course, we won't do directly oppose them. In the name of the One True Faith, I can't withhold such loyalty to the Imperial Highness. Now hurry and rewrite that letter for the Emperor!"
"Yes, your Highness."
"Papa, I like you to meet General Athanasikos Barbos from Epirus. He is a very experienced Bulgar destroyer since he was one of the bodyguard cavalrymen of General Basil before."
"I am very blessed to meet you in this very pleasant night" General Athanasikos eagerly shook the hand of John.
"It's already late night. Men, son, let's get back to the Castle and have a feast!" He turns to Athanasikos, saying, "We must talk with all of my commanders later at the dinner hall."

Afterwards, the retinue ran back to their castle at Salerno.

Letter for the Emperor of Rome, the Legitimate and True One of God

We would want to request from your Imperial Majesty and Excellency to avow us of 4,500 mercenaries from your glorious domains. In return, we would like to hand you 200 grams of gold lira as your expense.
Last edited by Quirina on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:39 am

Rome, The Papal States
Pope Sylvester II sat at his desk, flipping through letters given to him by the most recent couriers. His eyes widened at that of the Rus and the Norwegians. He grabbed his quill and began rapidly writing responses.

To Vladimir Sviatoslavich, called the Great, Grand Prince of Kiev, Prince of Novgorod, High Lord of the Pecheneg Dominions, Duke of the Crimea, and Tsar of all the Rus'
From His Holiness the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, Sylvester II
I am most pleased and relieved to hear that, Grand Prince. I shall see to it that your forces have ample supplies of food and shelter during the campaigns in the Emirate. May you live a long and healthy life, my Son. God Bless.

To King Sweyn of Norway and Denmark
From His Holiness the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, Sylvester II
Greetings my Son, I am pleased to hear that you are sending forces to drive the Islamic Dogs back into the Ocean. I shall see to it that your forces are well fed and sheltered once they arrive. In return for your assistance, as you have wished, we shall grant you the region of Trapani on the Island once we take it back. God Bless.

He smiled as he gave both letters to the couriers who began their respective journeys. He turned to his bed and rested for the day. Meanwhile, south of Rome the Papal Army continued to continue daily practices, receiving pay and continuing life as normal as they awaited for the call to go to war.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:45 am

"Have you sent my letter to the Pope?"
"What letter, my Prince?"
"The letter of invitation for a dinner in our mansion, remember?"
"Ah yes, your Highness. Here. Read it for your approval."

To His Holy Father, The Bishop of Rome

We would like to invite your Holiness and his retinue to a dinner with the Prince of Salerno. It will be done tomorrow and he and the Principality will be happy to receive you.

God bless You, Holy Father.

The clerk went to the official messenger and hands him the letter and by dawn, the messenger rode off to the Vatican, in Rome. Though the relations between the Principality and the Papacy might become bitter-sweet, this was the first time Ioannus (John) can sort this out since before his reign, Salerno saddled in the Roman Empire of the East but swore allegiance to the German pseudo-Romans.

Meanwhile, as the dinner with his commander and his son, Guaimir goes on, he re-checks the condition of his standing armies in Salerno. At the north bound of the city, troops of General Carolo Imbierda counted of 1,500 men. At the north east side, the soldiers of Captain Sigismundo Valemon counted about 1,000 men. At the east side the troops of General Baldomere Truzilla counted to 780 men. To the south east of the city, The troops of General Athanasikos counted to 800 men. The south city troops were at the command of Guy de Lorraine, a French-hired mercenary general serving the Salerno principality, paid with large bounty, with the head count of 900 men. With the vast fortunes of the Principality it earned, it will now be on good use. The Prince-Commander John levied secret agents to look for mercenaries in Milan, Venice and in parts of Italy to pay mercenaries and bring them here in Salerno to serve the Prince's armies.

The day after that dinner of the commanders, the troops began to train everyday, teaching them of basic sword-handling skills, bow-using techniques, lancing and jousting, and horseback-riding. Though expensive, their trade with the Roman Empire of the East will still be their avenue in gaining more profit.
Last edited by Quirina on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm

The Palace of Shiraz

The great Buyid Shah Atash was in his palace settling the daily issues. His vassals and servants would come with provincial and other minor disputes over land and money. Lords and nobles bickering over dues and tributes and what not. Most of which would bore him greatly. This was how he would spent most of his days. Settling minor disputes in his limited kingdom. He would think back at the great emperors of Persia. Who were once the rulers of the world. The dominators of every other nation. True military overlords and political masterminds. And yet there he was. Sitting on his comfortable throne, listening to nonesense and rubish all day, every day. And his kingdom wasnt much to be proud of. The situation was not bad, but it was far from as great as it could be. An empire he wanted to create. A goal he was fairly far from. His nation was still at a undecided war which was sucking up a lot of funds which could be used for economical and military development. He was also losing his grip over his lords. He was being more and more dependant on them.

For months he had already been planning on how to improve the situation he and his nation was in. How to regain total power of it and how to make it stronger. He had sent word to his enemies, he told them he wishes peace. The wars were not beneficial to anyone, they were only wasting valuable resources. And so after finally bringing peace to his realm, he could concentrate on his nation totally. However, the end of the wars was not beneficial to the Atashas lords. Who found ways to make profit for themselves out of it, and were making a handsome sum. They were plotting an assassination of the Shah which they disliked so much, and would put one of them as the Shah, thus gaining total control of the nation.

And so, 14 days after total peace was restored to the Buyid realms, a civil war had emerged. The assassination went much worse than planned. The deed was done, but a nobleman, general and a loyal friend and servant of the Shah was informed of it in time and managed to regroup the late Shah's armies and protect his interests. His name was the one most people in the Buyid realms cheered, Emir Ayra Al Surronid. A recently wealthy men who got most of the Shah's estates and money from his will. As the Shah had no children of his own. Emir Ayra was also a great, experienced general and one of the 5 Emirs of the 5 Emirates in which the lands were divided. He knew that the only way to win this civil war was to get Emir Uyo Hasahem on his side. As Ayra had both the armies of the Shah and himself under his control against the armies of 3 Emirs. Emir Uyo Hasahem was still neutral on the topic, and both sides were trying to win him over.
hue

Austro-German Prussia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro-German Prussia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Prague, Bohemia

On a cold night in Prague, within the palace of the Prince sat Boleslaus II, Petty King of Bohemia. A long beard strew from his chin, and his gown was a pale red and green, and on a throne cast of wood he sat in his small throne room. Near him, bored with the daily court routine of Bohemia, stood the Bishop of Prague, as well as the Steward to the King. It was clear that Boleslaus was nearing the end of his life. In the small throne room, which was decorated with rugs and tapestries surrounding the throne, the air was warm as a fire was burning in the hearth near the throne.

Boleslaus inhaled. He looked slowly over to his Steward, who sat on a lesser chair near him, and looked over, slowly moving his head toward the Bishop. He stared forward. "What news from the Emperor?"

The Steward was somewhat startled, as the silence had gone on for hours. "You- ahem - your lordship, Burgundy has fallen to the Franks."

"The Franks." echoed Boleslaus. He tightened his grip around the ends of his wooden chair. "What is the Emperor going to do?"

The Steward looked over to him. "Your lordship, Burgundy is no longer part of the Empire."

"No longer part of the Empire..." repeated Boleslaus. "What will the Franks do with Burgundy?"

"Invade Italy." interjected the Bishop, somewhat annoyedly. "The Franks will hit the Empire next, and then march on the city of the Holy Father."

Boleslaus stared forward. He seemed to either be completely uninterested or contemplating. On this day in Prague, nothing was to be done. Boleslaus closed his eyes to rest, enough had happened for his liking. The Steward and the Bishop sat quietly, waiting for something to happen.

Nothing did.
"People say politics is the world's second oldest profession. I have come to know it bears a resemblance to the first."
-Ronald Reagan
Pro: War in Syria, Free Market, Christianity, SOPA

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Campo Marso, east side of Salerno

"Your Highness! I had received news from the north side of the Alps!" The messenger said hastily while catching his breath.

"What is this?" Prince John asks as he reads the message of his agents in Milan and Genoa. "An invasion?! In Italy?! By the Franks? How?"

"They successfully conquered Burgundy to reach to Italy easily. Now, we must prepare and tell the Pope of this." Guaimir III sought as he heard the news from his father, along with his retinue of commanders.

A red-clad garbed persona entered the scene, wearing his gold-lined clothes. The Bishop of Salerno Giovanni Cardinal de Tossana pats the back of John, saying "I'll go to the Pope and directly tell him of such news. Give me that letter." The messenger hands over the letter to the Cardinal. "Now then, continue training your troops. I'll handle the talks with the Pope."

"No" John replied. "I invited the Pope himself for a dinner with all my retinue, including my family. I believe the Church has nothing to do with this opportunity I can grasp." "Very well. Just let me know if you need any help." The Bishop said. IN the back of John's mind, as the Cardinal leaves, he utters, "I don't need the Church's help. I'll have whole of Southern Italy in my hands. You'll all kiss my hand after my conquest!"

He then turns to his agent onlookers of mercenaries. They reported that there are 200 mercenary spearmen, 300 mercenary pikemen, 300 mercenary archers, 600 Condottieri infantrymen, and 100 Serbian Knights that are arriving to Salerno to receive their down pay for their services and be placed under the Salernitan command.

"By the way, where are the requested mercenary troops from Constantinople?" John utters

"They will take long before they reach here. Navigation is a bit tough nowadays in the Mediterranean." Athanasikos replies with wisdom.
Last edited by Quirina on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Haljson
Duke Yven's Encampment

Duke Yven nodded and made the proper arrangements to see Mstislav safely out of his camp. Like the other leader, Yven too was tired from the days toil and work. His men had fought well taking the last town in a long list of recently annexed cities who now swore loyalty to Yven. Even now, at this time of night, Yven heard his men laughing and cheering. But for their leader, there would be no celebration. Not yet. For now, he needed rest. As such, he made his way to his small bedding in the back of his tent, full of animal skins and the such, and he lowered his form into them. They were quite comfortable, and Yven did not suffer from not being able sleep quickly.

Several days later....

Weltaba
Wolin Island and Northern Oder region

The news from the alliance between the Pomeranians and the Obotrites had spread around High Duke Yvens domain, and the news was met with great delight amongst the people around the land, especially in the capital city of Weltaba. Knowing that their brothers in the west were now steadfast allies in the darkening world, it was very reassuring. The crop season was colder than usual, but there was little issue as the harvest was good enough to feed the families of the farmers, and some even brought some to market. Trade in the only Pomeranian port was slow as usual, but there were several foreign ships in the bay area, which meant good business.

Down south of Weltaba, trees were being cleared for expansion as the city grew. Most of the wood was being used to build small houses and craft shops in the area and within the main city, but a decent amount of the wood was being taken to the low garrison keep of the city, which sat in an open area where the men could gather and train. Some wood was laid out here, and volunteer craftsmen examined the wood to help create parts and stocks for weapons for High Duke Yvens army to use. Pikes and spears were being requested, along with the usual for axe stocks. While the Pomeranians were their own people, Yven wished for his army to model the high professional ones found in the south and far west. As the Pomeranians did not field large amounts of cavalry, they must instead counter with pikes and bows. Soon enough, their invasion of Poland would commence, and each man would need to be outfitted properly. The Ukrani had their main city settled near an area that was rich in minerals, and precious metals were being extracted slowly and painfully, but they were indeed coming.

The Pomeranian army must look the roll, they must be fitted for the roll, and they most certainly must be able to act the roll.

Weltaba Castle

The great hall was empty mostly, save for Duke Yven and some of his family. They were all situated by the grand fire pit, which blazed in the high chamber, and they all sat at a long wooden table. There was no order to the individuals sitting, as the meal they were eating was not overly formal. Duke Yven and Duchess Yven sat across from each other, and their four children were all accounted for as well. Sir Pavol and Sir Miloslav, the sons of the Duke and Duchess, and Lady Natalia and Lady Kristina, the two daughters. Pavol was the eldest, and would take the throne when the time came. Natalia was seventeen years of age, and her sister was Kristina was sixteen. Miloslav, the youngest, was fifteen.

They had all gathered as Pavol had recently arrived back to the land of the Pomeranians after visiting Venice and the Italian states.

"I must say, father, that the men and woman folk of the south are very different than us." Pavol said, tearing at a piece of meat with his utensils. "The man they say is the one and true god is Christ. Allow me to tell you that they do not appreciate the notion of other gods. It is unfortunate to say that on my travels, I had to conceal my mark of Svarog." The young man explained, showing his necklace which was crafted to a symbol of the supreme god. "With a fervor I have not seen, they worship this man. I and every good Pomeranian would die for Svarog and his children, but these southern men are different. They would topple kingdoms and empires of those who did not dedicate themselves to Christ. It was a thought which had bothered me on my way here, father."

The Duke took in the information with a solemn nod, having figured such was true beforehand, but confirmation from his son was the proof he needed. "Worry not, my son. We are safe here, and I have big plans for our future." He explained, allowing a smile which was half forced. Deep down, he was concerned a little. He knew that those who followed the old gods were of a thinning breed.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 am

Marseilles, Burgundy France
After the fall of Nice, there had been great rejoicing. The French peasants wanted some sort of festivities for the men who had left and the slightly raised taxes, the soldiers and other people higher in the strata were genuinely happy about gaining power and loot as well as being able to not worry about it, while the rest were just joining in, slightly for fear of being repressed as a traitor. Though, indeed, tiny pockets of resistance still remained, they were more akin to bandits and mobs than any serious threat, and they were being quickly found and crushed.

Despite the noise in the streets, the king was able to concentrate, sitting high in the middle of the castle, far from much of the ruckus and the unwashed masses. He considered the latest news to have reached him; it was flooding in actually. The Normans had agreed to pull out of Sicily and help attack Pamplona, with small threats and gifts used to bring them over, while the Norman diplomatic weight was now also thrown against Toulouse to persuade them that they would be more powerful and viewed better should they join, and also the March of Spain, which was promised power, not to mention the already high level of French influence over the march. The armies had also been disbanding into rabbles, and a few punishments doled out had kept them under control, but soon, after a short recovery, the men would be raised again, hopefully different ones, to take Pamplona. The final bit of the messengers' burdens was that Flanders had agreed to full annexation into France as the king's personal land, with the exception of a few little bits; the senile, heirless lord was brought over easily by promises of money, threats of torture and such, while the people themselves didn't really have much identity, though the region's wealth, due to trade, was growing.

He also made some news; he decided to send a letter to the Pope, head of his Christianity.
To the Potato,
Greetings, ex-salted one. We here in France are most loyal to the Lord, and therefore decided to write to you. However, we are not quite qualified to make any decisions on the Papacy to a great deal, and so would leave the mending of the rival churches to you. In any case, we were wondering if you would grant us a title; "Protector of Iberia" or something similar. We wish to engage in a great crusade and reconquest, to retake Spain and all Iberia, but the many petty Christian states there stand in our way, and squabble. As such, we believe our unified presence in place of them will be much strong, and will be able to drive the heretics out of our land.
From the King of France

Overall, the king was just going through yet another busy day, and France was just taking a couple of breaths before it continued to expand. As Humbert of Lausanne put it; "It was a jolly well nigh excellent day for the world, as well as a decidedly calm, peaceful, uneventful, ordinary and average one."

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:02 am

Rome, Papal States
Sylvester looked curiously at both letters given to him, he nodded and began replying to them.
In the one to the French, he replied by taking the kings proposal into consideration and to the letter from Salermo he replied by announcing when he was able to attend dinner, he would most eagerly inform the king.

OOC:Apologies for this shit post, I'm leaving for the weekend and needed to respond quickly.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:48 am

Salerno City, Principality of Salerno

The Prince John writes his daily acts in his diary in a broad daylight, unlike any aristocrats who write their records at night. Some details of his journal were:

"The mercenary soldiers my agents in the Italian north hired arrived after a week of waiting. They were worn out and dressed untidy, but then, we gave them food and their pay according to their services. So far, they had not yet been forced into something. I asked again my agents if they can find Varangian Guards at the Scandinavian lands, but only one responded to my call. That man, brilliant ad persevering, which name I was forgotten, promised to bring 800 Varangian Guards for my disposal."

"The Roman Emperor at the East is still not yet responding to my call to give me mercenaries. If I became impatient, I'll go to Constantinople myself and have my mercenaries there. I promise him 2,000 gold coins for those, yet he replies nothing?"

"Sardinia and Corsica are best places to build large navies. Though Salerno can, I maximize all I have."

"The Pope has accepted our dinner invitation. Excellent indeed. Now, for my plans ahead."
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Dzhankoi, Crimea

The Rus' army marched in good order, buying food from those farmers they passed to supplement their rations from the supply trains that reached them regularly. It was a civilized affair, as Yaroslavl had commanded. The Byzantines here were more civilized that the Pechenegs to the north, good Christians for the most part; they would be treated as errant brothers, not enemies. The few outposts of the Romans they came across merely watched the marching Kievan host; the Crown Prince knew not what transpired behind their eyes, but they were not his concern. His prize was Sevstapol, the Black Jewel of the Russian Sea, and the exiled Lord of Odessa.

Polje, Finnland

The eight thousands marched in good order, prepared for any resistance from the Finns. A Horse Company was behind them for tactical support, and they moved against the village in loose formation, weapons at the ready.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Although it was a tragedy that the king of Leon had just passed in, the new one held great promise. King Ricard was a young, ambitious, and energetic boy who had just come to ruling age as us father had passed. This 18 year old was giddy to start his rule. Although the nobles weren't too happy being ruled by a teenager. His palace in the capital of Leon was a luxurious one, but there was a massive wealth difference between the upper and lower classes. So he set out to make the lives of the... less-fortunate better. With money to burn from trade, he built dozens of public water fountains, and even the nobles liked that, as the peasants seemed a bit happier and a bit more willing to work. The army was updated too! No more stone weapons, as was still popular with some nobles as they were cheap. No, Iron armor was increasingly common and there was no way that stone could help.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Salerno

John packs his garments and items as he prepares his sailing trip to Constantinople to mend terms with the Emperor, but as he packs, the messenger brought news for him. The Roman Emperor will send 1,000 Latinkon cavalrymen for his disposal and will expect to arrive within two months. In addition, the letter sought that the Emperor will add up 10 Elephants for his own use. Instead of wearing his grand armorial to present himself to the Byzantine imperial, he wore his battle armor and went to Campo Marso with his retinue of guards and advisers. With him is the Bishop of Salerno, keeping the Catholic ties with the Byzantine-leaning leader.

Campo Marso, Salerno

John arrived in time as Guaimir counts the number of all the Principality's troops. The counts were:
- Conte Carolo Imbeirda: 1,500 men
- Conte Sigismundo Valemon: 1,300 men
- Conte Baldomero Truzilla: 900 men
- General Athanasikos Barbos: 900 men
- Vicomte Guy de Lorraine: 950 men
- Co-Prince Guaimir: 2,300 men
- Prince John: 2,500 men

As John heard the count, he announced to the troops that all will be combined into a single standing army and their will be a selected 3,000 men to protect Salerno, while the rest will join the standing army to expand and conquer Benevento. The troops, worn off and unrelaxed, were dismissed from the formation to pack their things up and set up a new camp miles away from their first attack--Benevento.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Austro-German Prussia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro-German Prussia » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Prague, Bohemia

Boleslaus II sat on his throne, rubbing the soft cloth that ran over the strong wooden arms, as he stared forward. He drooled slightly, a servant leaned over to wipe it off. He creaked his head to face his Steward. "Tell me again of the East." his eyes were half open, one more than the other. His mouth hung open, and his servant stood dutifully by his side.

"To the east are the Russians and the Poles." the Steward said, in a somewhat tired voice. "There's also the Hungarians and the Pechenegs."

Boleslaus looked forward again, contemplating. "The Greeks." he mumbled. "I'd always wanted to visit the Empire of Constantinople." he stared off into the distance. A low silence filled the room, only accompanied by the pen strokes of the Steward.

"The Magyars. Barbarians." said Boleslaus, tightening his grip somewhat on his throne. "They invade the Bulgarians, demand land... decide to settle in Carpathia... right where they could strike the Empire...

right where they could strike Italy!" suddenly he shouted, growing angry. "Right where they could sack the holy city of Rome, all over again! Just as it happened with the Ostrog-" Boleslaus paused as he suddenly hacked and coughed. His servant lightly tapped him on the back.

"Magyars... damn heathens." he breathed heavily, closing his eyes to rest. As it had on many previous days in Bohemia, the court of Boleslaus II was overrun by silence.
"People say politics is the world's second oldest profession. I have come to know it bears a resemblance to the first."
-Ronald Reagan
Pro: War in Syria, Free Market, Christianity, SOPA

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:20 am

Salerno, Italy

The Prince's court was a serious place for debacle on the Principality's issues and intrigues, yet it is no surprise that the Prince comes up with better resolutions. One time, he managed to settle a conflict between farmers and church landowners. In the end, the farmers were allowed to till the lands and harvest from them, but both the church landowners and the farmers will have an equal share of the harvest, unlike what the system of his time prefers. This was one of the factors of the causes of the vast wealth of the Principality earns.

The overall military strength of the Principality reached 10,350 men, with 2,100 mercenaries (that will arrive to Salerno to encamp at Campo Marso) paid by the Prince's agents lurking around the outskirts of the Alps, in the North, at the Low Countries and now even reaching the Iberian peninsula at Spain. To the Salernitan leaders' surprise, the mercenaries from the Roman Empire had arrived, but it was less of what Iohann had expected. The 1,000 Latinkon cavalrymen and 10 Elephants he expected were only 500 Latinkons instead. A letter was handed out to the Prince saying:

"The Catepante of Italy is the real subject for your wishes. The Empire of Constantinople wishes not to hear any of those kind of request, since your princely aptitude can be measurably flexible to attain such end. But still we are hoping for your allegiance."

Amalfi, a small independent republic at the west side of Salerno was given a three-day surrender order by the forces of General Athanasikos Barbos and Conte Carolo Imbierda, which totals 2,400 men. If the Amalfitans will not surrender the city and their domain, it will be besieged until they surrendered fully, with their flag be folded down for the Prince's flags with it.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Great Kleomentia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kleomentia » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:14 am

Buyid Iran

Peace. Something which the Buyid realms have not seen for a very long time. They have been fighting enemies from all sides, but even after the wars were over. The Buyid Iranians were fighting each other. A same people tearing each others guts for the interests of their lords. This was something Emir Arya tried to avoid while Shah Atash was still alive. He knew that the other Emirs would attempt something like this. But he could not do much, as he was away at the fronts, defending his fief of Baghdad. Now he was at arms again, defending the nation from traitors.

At the valley outside Baghdad, Emir Arya took a stand. He had the complete army of the Shah and his fief against the combined armies of the three enemy Emirs. They were all waiting for Emir Uyo Hasahem and his army. Who he would choose as a ally would define the future of Iran.

"Captain, have the scouts reported back?"

"Yes, my Emir, they have. They say that a large army is slowly moving in on the hills to the east of us."

"That must be Emir Uyo. We should be able to see him soon. Prepare the troops. If he chooses the side of our enemies then this will be the last fight we ever have."

Soon enough they could all see Emir Uyo's army on the hills. Arya felt a sickness in his stomach. It was a feeling of anxiety of what will happen next. This day will shape the future of Iran, and perhaps the world. Suddenly, Emir Uyo's army started to move. At first it was unclear as to which side they were going to, but finally, after a couple of minutes, they could all see that Emir Uyo has chosen to ally with Arya. The feeling of anxiety quickly left Arya's body, and he now felt great enthusiasm to crush the traitors that he was facing.

"Emir Uyo, i am more than glad that you have chosen to side with me."

"Why of course. I have no intentions of siding with bandit criminals and traitors. These assassins will pay for what they did to our great Shah."

"Indeed. I trust your troops are ready?"

"More than so, Arya."

"Then i shall give the order for the attack to begin. We go to victory!"

After some time and the great battle speech that Arya gave to his and Emir Uyo's troops, the combined forces attacked the traitor forces at afternoun. They met at a aggressive and violent charge. Both forces were strong and capable, but Emir Aryas forces had a great advantage in numbers. Emir Arya also had the best cavalry in all of Iran, this is one of the things he was renowned for. The battle was bloody and fierce, and in it all of the traitor Emirs died at the hands of Emir Aryas troops. The battle finally ended at midnight when the remnants of the traitorous troops fleed to the mountains. With this battle the civil war was finally over, and Arya emerged as the supreme winner. He and Emir Uyo appointed new five Emirs to serve them. As the controller of the majority of the army, and as the favorite of the people, Emir Arya was crowned Shah of Iran. The Buyid realms were now known as the Surronid realms, and Aryas people were no longer Buyids but Surronids. Emir Uyo was appointed High Emir, second in command of the nation, Arya's right hand man.

Through time Arya would come to bring drastic reforms and changes to the nation. Such that they will forever change Iran and the middle east. But for now he gave all of his time and concentration to making the Surronid realms flourish. To make them a great power which can successefully conquer land that surrounds it. Soon the world would see a new empire emerge from Iran. The Surronid Empire would now start taking shape.
hue

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 am

The Duca of Amalfi is a powerful and prestigious one to surrender to Salerno, which has a larger land domain than Amalfi. Agreements had been laid down for their surrender, but this was no regret for Amalfi if they decline. Salerno needs Amalfi. Their large navy is a test of power for Salerno.

With such feat, the Principe ordered a construction of a 70-strong fleet, all composed of war galleys. He does not plan a land invasion by sea but something else. The commander of the navy Marchese (marquis in Italian) Alessandro Angioli proposed to the Principe to enlarge the present count of ships from 20 to 100. He agreed and let Angioli do that work. He focused on the force he want to show to Amalfi. The Principe ordered the two commanders in charge of the siege in the city to start attacking the in-walls by firing flaming munitions and large stones over their settlements. General Barbos, along with his 400 cavalrymen, raided the nearby settlements of the city outside the walls, killing men, capturing women and children.

Principe John now ordered Conte Valemon and Vicomte de Lorraine to seize the Duca of Capua. With 2,250 troops, the strength was not confident for Valemon. They raided a small village, enslaved and forcibly recruit their 200 villagemen to be soldiers, while the women were abused by some Salernitan looters, and turned the village into a camp. Children were separated and was brought to Amalfi and Salerno to be placed in convents and orphanages. Valemon availed mercenary services, buying 500 mercenary pikemen with the price of 100 gold coins, 200 mercenary mounted sergeants for 300 gold. The numbers increased, becoming 2,700 strong, larger than the Principe's personal army (but soon Principe's army will increase larger by mercenary and daily recruitment). de Lorraine, a mercenary general, was quiet and shut in the operations of Valemon, but his expertise will soon be known again.
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:16 am

A road somewhere in Central Occitania, France
The king opened the wax seal of the message, and read it. It was a short, brusque, informative missive; surely not intended for him, but as information for all. He didn't quite care though, and mentally shrugged.
Nice has fallen. All Burgundy is now French except one small Alpine village. All royal relatives taken prisoner or dead. Troops have begun heading home; many are already there. Skeleton army keeping watch over Burgundy. Pay and wages for army have been given out. War is officially ended. Celebrations have finished. Burgundy no longer exists.

He rolled it back up roughly, and nodded. The messenger bowed, then took up the message and began walking leisurely to his horse. It was the 2nd message he'd got that day, the other being from the Potato.

News of the planned conquest of Pamplona had gotten out; at least, among the court. People were calling it "King Robert's Wars", after him. However, news had not reached the target, and that was good. The king started the procession again, continuing to take them down the road that was around the northern border of Toulouse, continually gathering troops from all over the country as they joined him and the army, ready to take down yet another nation.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:45 am

Leinster, Ireland

Donnchad mac Dómnaill Clóen sat on his throne which was his as king if Leinster. Leinster was keen right now on defending her borders but Donnchad had ambitions to unite the entire kingdom of Ireland under his rule. He would be the king of kings in Ireland but he had to bide his time for now waiting for a moment to strike. Soon the trumpets will announce the new king of Ireland.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 am

The unexpected came in. Principe John caught a terrible disease, probably because of the days he skipped meals and overworked his way to train more soldiers and encourage his subjects to join the army. He now lies in bed, bitterly ill in fever. His son, Co-Principe Guaimir was assigned to be in-charge by his father of all his duties as the head of the Principality, but John did not yet abdicated himself.

As ordered, the siege in Amalfi still continues. The construction of John's fleet might take a long run but the ships completed are now at 23 ships over 70. Cardinal de Tossana now approaches and leeches to the prince-regent. Though in his teen age, he knows how things run in his father's dominion. He knew trade, finance and even warfare.

The encampment of the soldiers of Valemon and Truzilla at the south of Capua remain stable and a threat to the Principato of Capua's sovereignty. Truzilla, in haste to conquer the Principato, called his 900-strong troops to siege the city at once, bringing with him two mangonels and three catapults. To Valemon's surprise, he followed Truzilla and they both led a large siege over Capua.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Southern boundaries of the Pomeranian territory
High Duke Yven and his military host

The cold wind nipped at Yven as he sat on his mount, an aging horse which he used on occasion, and he pulled his fur coat tighter around his body and the armor which was already underneath the coat. Before him, his personal host of soldiers stood in rough square companies, totaling nearly three thousand souls armed and roughly armored. All of these individuals were men from High Duke Yven's direct territory of his expanse, and as such, they all wore white tunics with his coat of arms stitched to their breast. To his right were men under Duke Dalibor of the Pyritzans, Pomeranians who lived south of Yven's territory and who lived along the heart of the whole Pomeranian territory. Duke Dalibor was capable of fielding roughly two and a half thousand men, all wearing tunics of his coat of arms: yellow with black. Turning to the other side of his host, Yven spotted Duke Vlastimil of the Ukrani, Pomeranians of the south and valley regions, and their colors were white with green. Vlastimil raised roughly two and a half thousand as well. Together, a host of eight thousand had gathered.

Unlike their earlier invasions of other areas, High Duke Yven and his lower dukes were fielding cavalry. As cavalry was not very common in the area, the numbers of men on mounts was rather low. Between all the dukes, they fielded only six hundred. Despite that, Yven was more than confident they would be able to crush what the Polish threw at them.

A short timed had passed as the men settled down, and the three dukes all met together. A priest of the invasion host had arrived, and all men knelt down as prayers to the gods were made.

Several hours later, in Polish territory

The march into Poland was, as expected, without complication. The out land peasants and independents who lived away from tight villages and large towns kept out of the way of the war host, though for people such as these their rulers often did not matter as few policies affected them. But the might of the war host was enough to cause these people to turn from their work and gaze in awe, as such a force was not a common sight at all in this area. To see such a thing meant something very big was going to happen, and these people made sure to steer clear of the soldiers.

High Duke Yven was leading his host into the heart of the northern region, while Dalibor led his host along the north coast and Vlastimil into the south. Horsemen were used to keep in contact between the hosts, and Yvens orders were well understood: conquer all towns with minimum damage to them and the people, though do what was needed to exact control.

By now, Yven did not doubt that the town on the horizon already knew he was coming as some peasants may have warned the town. In fact, Yven spotted an array of soldiers scrambling to form up outside of the town.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:39 pm

The Principe's illness cannot be treated by his family physicians. The Co-Principe Guaimir is sure to succeed in his father's place and continue his dream of a united Southern Italian dominion. As the monarch rests in his sickbed, he utters to his son that "never present yourself in public and instead work in private as you deal with the public eye." His remark was to evade his son from the controversial world of heresy, religion and greed of the other European states. The navy is still in construction.

The siege in Amalfi is still laid. So as in Capua. The commanders of the siege had been diversifying tactics, from ransacking villages, blocking caravans and supply to the city by day and firepot bombardment by night. The attacks did not stop and remain to continue until the cities surrender. Guaimir, with a dying father, devises a strategy that will change the tactics used by his commanders.

Viceregna Adriana di Salerno, John's only daughter and the 'toughest nail' in the Principe's court of Salerno, she hardly can even accept any suitor for her kind. Intelligent, witty and a strict Catholic, she was raised by her father John as a rose, but she grew up as a thorn, a graceful one. Her brothers, Guaimar, the co-prince and his dying father's co-ruler, and Guy, the eldest son who will succeed after Guaimar and soon will be his co-ruler.

As she comforts her dying father, she always mention the happiness they had as family. They remembered both the visitation they did at Jerusalem as their pilgrimage with the whole family. She also remembered with him the darkest moments of her family's life, the death of her mother and the scar earned by Guy in one of the rebellions quelled before.

The Principato's army recruits increased. The reserve troops counted to 5,000 men since the last three months. They will be promoted as sergeants and will be capable of deployment by the next three months. There are 200 new knights being hailed by Co-Principe Guaimar di Salerno since his father's rule.
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse