NATION

PASSWORD

Travelers: The Gray King (IC) Chapter 1

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

As Kell's half-dead horse trotted into a small town, he immedately dubbed the inhabitants 'Shortlanders.' He'd never see a Dwarf, or what he later learned were dwarves, before. He might have fought a few in his Arena days, but he couldn't exactly remember.

He didn't like sleeping inside; one could call him very picky about where he slept, but it was more that he didn't like the weight of a roof over his head. These wetlanders had all sorts of strange concepts like sleeping in buildings or exchanging useless bits of yellow metal for something useful.

He shook his head as his horse trotted out the other side of town and down the road a tiny bit further, where he found a small copse of stunted trees. Deciding this was a suitable place to sleep, Kell tied his horses reins around a tree and lay down, head resting against a tree with his facilion lying withing arms reach, just in case.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Of planets
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Of planets » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:55 am

Lark Ran. For almost half a tenday Lark had been running to his destination since a platoon of elves had attacked him while he slept outside a tavern and forced him to kill one of them before chasing him into a copse. Lark hid inside the pocket dimension as they searched before all but one moved on. The one who stayed was a female who Lark judged to be the partner of the fallen. As a pang of guilt washed through Lark and so he spared her, running as quickly as his huge legs could take him. The charity had become his undoing and the elf was on his trail, Lark had to stop at every landmark and hide all marks he was there in order to slow her.

The time spent running with no rest and eating as he went finally paid off as the great sweeping mountains came into view. Lark breathed a sigh of relief and looked behind him, the mounted figures of two elves were on the horizon. Lark needed a place to hide and the place was a meadow with no copse to shelter him...

The smell of freshly baked bread wafted from the west and Lark immediately perked up. A village would be too big a target for the elven pair to go through and once he was well rested Lark could easily subdue them. The figures grew steadily closer in the distance and would soon be upon him. Lark restarted his run towards the village.
Please, call me Planets

My RPs
Major John J. Johnson
The Blue wizards
Elrond halfelven
Tarik Blepharon
Theo Bell, Archon of the Brujah
Lark The Unkillable
Father James Hooper
The Carpenter
Belthazar Cauk
Thorak The Ineffable
Magil Of The Shadows
John Sydney Addams
The Foltests
Grace Caballa
Felix Jaeger
Rohan

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

Lyns Herah closed his eyes, and became Lynserah.

It was the first transfer to Oblivion in a long time. Days? Weeks? Years? Lyns wasn't sure, and he didn't care. He needed to see an old friend, or rather, the fragments of one. Opening his eyes, he looked no different now that he was in the dark void, save for his eyes emanated a blue light that trailed like fire. Standing up, Oblivion changed around him, molding and shaping into new form at his command. The demon Stanseporl of Thievery laid on the floor in front of him. It was not of his own volition, this was simply the human comprehension of demons being locked into their realm.

Stanseporl. I need an explanation. Lyns's voice was changed from it's original demon tone. There was sadness and regret within every word, anger and betrayal. It was unable to describe to another human, as it had no specific sound. He was no human anymore, at least not here. Stanseporl didn't respond.

I understand I have not been kind to my people, friend, but this is important. The Glass Room. I saw it.

Stanseporl finally reacted. We cannot place it, you are aware of that.

It is connected to me, I can feel it. I saw the elf-king in the throne.

We know most, my king, but not all.

Lyns opened his figurative mouth to respond, before he was interrupted by a pulsing yellow light. It was warm and bright, something he had seen before.

It had to be a Traveler.

Oblivion disappeared around him, and Lyns hurriedly began to grab his arrows and cloak. If he was correct, there would be someone he needed to talk to. One of the only ones he though he could still trust.

He closed his eyes, Oblivion again slowly forming around him. Opening them, his eyes were now a bright yello of his Kji.

Arella Iona. Lynserah of the North Winds summons you. The call wasn't a suggestion, it was a demand, and like it or not, Arella was about to fall into to Cerdran Hell.
:^)

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:32 pm

The golem-man leaned forwards slightly, struggling to hear what was so very interesting to the other three. There were footsteps- quiet ones, but a great many of them, echoing from the tunnel in which these wanderers had likely come.
"Why such a hurry, travelers? What do you run from so vigorously?"

He smiled again, his rock-hard features creasing for a moment and then re-hardening into a grimace of concentration.

"You are followed. The earth speaks to me like a disgruntled spouse. A few feet trespassing in the tunnels of these mountains is bad enough.. but hundreds of elves, never destined for the womb of the earth? Such a disgrace."

He grimaced and then looked up at the opening to the tunnel, now quiet in concentration.

The rocks began to move, first slowly, then one-by-one, they fell into place, and then even the small cracks in between the rockslide filled with a sort of natural cement that matched the color of the rocks.

"Now they will pay for their transgressions upon the earth, or they will leave. In any case. They will not be here within the minute, or even the hour."
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

Flimxanthia
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flimxanthia » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Chespir dashed down a mountainside, boots kicking up dirt and dust. Fire trailed behind him, igniting any fallen twigs.
"Shiiiiiiiiit..." He groaned, stumbling slightly. So much for the grace and elegance of the elves. He leapt, flying through the air like a domestic cat hunting a bird. He landed softly on the roof of a shepherd's hut, the fire touching yet not igniting the thatched roof.
Lyns should be near, he just needed to find out where.
Now available in blue

Disclaimer - Not Necessarily Available In Blue

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:45 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Kaili sat down in the chair. A Dwarvern Tavern maiden rushed up to the table and placed two stouts on the table. She then hurried off. Kaili laughed. "You have a fearful aura around you," he said, " I'll pay for this drink." he picked up one of the stouts and took a swig from it. "Since you honored me with your name, I'll honor you with mine. I and Kaili Kakoa, God of the Koa in my mother tongue. I come from Nui Pae' aina, the tropical islands to the far east," he said," Where is your motherland Darius?"

Darius didn't reply to Kaili's comment about his aura. He couldn't care less. However, he was now curious about this land, this 'Nui Pae'aina' goodness, that was a mouthful. Darius had never traveled from that part of the world. "I come from the West. Very, very far West" Darius answered about his own land, on purposely not mentioning its name. "Tell me, Kaili, why are you so far from your land? What brings you here?"

Kailia's got a somewhat mellow look on his face. "Civil war," he said, "Its a lengthy story, but I shall retell it." He threw him arm around the back of the chair and sipped his stout. "Nui Pai' aina is a land where peace is rare and blood sows the soils. The king who ruled these lands was Haulani. He was a great ruler, possessing skills of both peace and war. He was truly a man sent from heaven. He united these lands through alliance and conquest. After four years, he united all the islands under himself and proclaimed himself king of Nui Pae' aina. The gods gave him the right to rule and peace was finally established. I had served under him in his army. First as a simple levy to leader of his koa warriors. I had developed great admiration for the man and eventually affection. He returned said affection and we had kept it secret for years," he said. He took a big sip of his stout and sighed. "When the secret got out, that is when the war started. In my lands, showing love for men is punishable by death regardless of rank. Hualani was bound up and executed in front of onlookers, by the hand of his own son. He then proclaimed himself the next ruler and promised to drag me out of hiding for committing an 'act against the gods' and execute me as well. That is when the civil war started. Four factions rose up. The first supported the new king, the second supported the second son of Hualani, the third supported my ascension to the throne, and the final supported an entirely new king on the throne. The third faction hid me and helped me escape. They gave me their best ship and told me to leave for the western lands," he said. He took another sip from his stout. "I have not heard of anything from them ever since. Not much information flows from my lands to here. I don't know if when I return I will be greeted with open arms or sword arms," he said. He finished the last bit of his stout and set the mug down.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Arella stopped as the Elves were mentioned and could feel her heart nearly stop. Fear crept from her heart down to her fingertips, taking a hold of her entire body. Their being chased was not the problem, for anyone could be chased and wish for aid. But by the elves, they would know exactly who they were. Her eyes widened and she was close to simply revealing herself, for it would be easier than struggling through it. The golem, however, paused, and focused. She heard the heavy crumble of rocks cascading over something, and she surely knew it must have been the tunnel. She was speechless, but bowed in gracious thanks.

"Your aid is greater than you can imagine, thank you." She said before straightening up to begin moving forward again. It didn't matter that they would be delayed, the elves would stop at nothing to find them, and so they had to keep moving. The group had only moved another fifty yards when it happened.

Arella's breath caught in her throat and she stopped suddenly, clutching at her cloak. She tried to breathe, to speak, to move, but it was all useless. Her eyes closed, trying to block out whatever was coming at her, but it did not cease. Her other hand grasped Ashdale by the shoulder, holding on for what little support she could still manage of herself. And she heard it. "Arella Iona. Lynserah of the North Winds summons you." Boomed in her head, echoing within her thoughts and blocking out all of her senses. As her legs gave out from beneath her, all forms of pain stopped, and she felt a moment if realization. Lynserah, a name she had not heard in over a year, nor spoken ever before. It had to be him. She slipped away for a moment, a rest.

Some of her senses came back to her suddenly, rushing at her in a wave of confusion. She looked up suddenly, gasping for air. She breathed heavily for a moment, looking around frantically. There was nothing, nothing to see, inky blackness all around. She looked down at her hands, she was clearly illuminated, but it didn't seem to effect the space around her. She was there, but she could not quite feel herself, she existed, but at the same time it was only a placeholder image for herself. When she looked back up, she could see another figure standing in the distance, it had a soft yellow gaze. She took a cautious step forward, then another. It was him, it really was. Her fingertips grazed up to her hood and tugged it down, revealing her face.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it, Lyns?" She asked calmly, placing her hands behind her back gently. And for the first time in a long while, a soft smile spread across her lips.
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:09 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Darius didn't reply to Kaili's comment about his aura. He couldn't care less. However, he was now curious about this land, this 'Nui Pae'aina' goodness, that was a mouthful. Darius had never traveled from that part of the world. "I come from the West. Very, very far West" Darius answered about his own land, on purposely not mentioning its name. "Tell me, Kaili, why are you so far from your land? What brings you here?"

Kailia's got a somewhat mellow look on his face. "Civil war," he said, "Its a lengthy story, but I shall retell it." He threw him arm around the back of the chair and sipped his stout. "Nui Pai' aina is a land where peace is rare and blood sows the soils. The king who ruled these lands was Haulani. He was a great ruler, possessing skills of both peace and war. He was truly a man sent from heaven. He united these lands through alliance and conquest. After four years, he united all the islands under himself and proclaimed himself king of Nui Pae' aina. The gods gave him the right to rule and peace was finally established. I had served under him in his army. First as a simple levy to leader of his koa warriors. I had developed great admiration for the man and eventually affection. He returned said affection and we had kept it secret for years," he said. He took a big sip of his stout and sighed. "When the secret got out, that is when the war started. In my lands, showing love for men is punishable by death regardless of rank. Hualani was bound up and executed in front of onlookers, by the hand of his own son. He then proclaimed himself the next ruler and promised to drag me out of hiding for committing an 'act against the gods' and execute me as well. That is when the civil war started. Four factions rose up. The first supported the new king, the second supported the second son of Hualani, the third supported my ascension to the throne, and the final supported an entirely new king on the throne. The third faction hid me and helped me escape. They gave me their best ship and told me to leave for the western lands," he said. He took another sip from his stout. "I have not heard of anything from them ever since. Not much information flows from my lands to here. I don't know if when I return I will be greeted with open arms or sword arms," he said. He finished the last bit of his stout and set the mug down.

Listing to the man's tale, Darius was able to hold something of a look of annoyance back. He admired this man for doing what he thought was correct, but hearing how a bunch of people whom still believed in old gods and mumbo jumbo brought him displeasure. Religions were what caused him to go to war himself. However, though he didn't believe in gods, he did have a religion he followed. Just one that demoralized the sense of gods and whatnot. Most people whom still worshiped said gods usually used them as an excuse to practice magic.

"If i were you" Darius started, "I wouldn't return if i were you. It would probably just cause more of an uproar than needed. Back in my lands, my Emperor ordered me to take down a pagan religion. We did so, but their leader escaped. A year later, when we thought everything was peaceful, he returned, and the people tried to rise up for this pagan teacher. Lots of blood was spilt, for both sides, and it could have easily been avoided if one man didn't return."

As Darius talked, he noted another human who had entered and went upstairs, no doubt to get some sleep. Darius thought of doing the same, but for now he'd stay talking. "If you care for your people Kailia, you probably should stay away, unless you somehow get fortunate enough to hear some good news"
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Vesperis wrote:Arella stopped as the Elves were mentioned and could feel her heart nearly stop. Fear crept from her heart down to her fingertips, taking a hold of her entire body. Their being chased was not the problem, for anyone could be chased and wish for aid. But by the elves, they would know exactly who they were. Her eyes widened and she was close to simply revealing herself, for it would be easier than struggling through it. The golem, however, paused, and focused. She heard the heavy crumble of rocks cascading over something, and she surely knew it must have been the tunnel. She was speechless, but bowed in gracious thanks.

"Your aid is greater than you can imagine, thank you." She said before straightening up to begin moving forward again. It didn't matter that they would be delayed, the elves would stop at nothing to find them, and so they had to keep moving. The group had only moved another fifty yards when it happened.

Arella's breath caught in her throat and she stopped suddenly, clutching at her cloak. She tried to breathe, to speak, to move, but it was all useless. Her eyes closed, trying to block out whatever was coming at her, but it did not cease. Her other hand grasped Ashdale by the shoulder, holding on for what little support she could still manage of herself. And she heard it. "Arella Iona. Lynserah of the North Winds summons you." Boomed in her head, echoing within her thoughts and blocking out all of her senses. As her legs gave out from beneath her, all forms of pain stopped, and she felt a moment if realization. Lynserah, a name she had not heard in over a year, nor spoken ever before. It had to be him. She slipped away for a moment, a rest.

Some of her senses came back to her suddenly, rushing at her in a wave of confusion. She looked up suddenly, gasping for air. She breathed heavily for a moment, looking around frantically. There was nothing, nothing to see, inky blackness all around. She looked down at her hands, she was clearly illuminated, but it didn't seem to effect the space around her. She was there, but she could not quite feel herself, she existed, but at the same time it was only a placeholder image for herself. When she looked back up, she could see another figure standing in the distance, it had a soft yellow gaze. She took a cautious step forward, then another. It was him, it really was. Her fingertips grazed up to her hood and tugged it down, revealing her face.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it, Lyns?" She asked calmly, placing her hands behind her back gently. And for the first time in a long while, a soft smile spread across her lips.

Elvarg rushed to the collapsed women. He got out his pack, and started mixing ingredients together.
"What in Oblivion is happening? Is she alright?"
he finished the first potion. Lemongrass, ogre tooth, bull's eye. It was supposed to be able to wake people up from fainting. He used a dropper to place small amounts in her mouth, as had worked before. It didn't work. She didn't just faint. This had some sort of magical influence.
She muttered. He didn't know what was happening. Was she communicaticating to someone?
He started preparing more potions, hoping one would work
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:40 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Kailia's got a somewhat mellow look on his face. "Civil war," he said, "Its a lengthy story, but I shall retell it." He threw him arm around the back of the chair and sipped his stout. "Nui Pai' aina is a land where peace is rare and blood sows the soils. The king who ruled these lands was Haulani. He was a great ruler, possessing skills of both peace and war. He was truly a man sent from heaven. He united these lands through alliance and conquest. After four years, he united all the islands under himself and proclaimed himself king of Nui Pae' aina. The gods gave him the right to rule and peace was finally established. I had served under him in his army. First as a simple levy to leader of his koa warriors. I had developed great admiration for the man and eventually affection. He returned said affection and we had kept it secret for years," he said. He took a big sip of his stout and sighed. "When the secret got out, that is when the war started. In my lands, showing love for men is punishable by death regardless of rank. Hualani was bound up and executed in front of onlookers, by the hand of his own son. He then proclaimed himself the next ruler and promised to drag me out of hiding for committing an 'act against the gods' and execute me as well. That is when the civil war started. Four factions rose up. The first supported the new king, the second supported the second son of Hualani, the third supported my ascension to the throne, and the final supported an entirely new king on the throne. The third faction hid me and helped me escape. They gave me their best ship and told me to leave for the western lands," he said. He took another sip from his stout. "I have not heard of anything from them ever since. Not much information flows from my lands to here. I don't know if when I return I will be greeted with open arms or sword arms," he said. He finished the last bit of his stout and set the mug down.

Listing to the man's tale, Darius was able to hold something of a look of annoyance back. He admired this man for doing what he thought was correct, but hearing how a bunch of people whom still believed in old gods and mumbo jumbo brought him displeasure. Religions were what caused him to go to war himself. However, though he didn't believe in gods, he did have a religion he followed. Just one that demoralized the sense of gods and whatnot. Most people whom still worshiped said gods usually used them as an excuse to practice magic.

"If i were you" Darius started, "I wouldn't return if i were you. It would probably just cause more of an uproar than needed. Back in my lands, my Emperor ordered me to take down a pagan religion. We did so, but their leader escaped. A year later, when we thought everything was peaceful, he returned, and the people tried to rise up for this pagan teacher. Lots of blood was spilt, for both sides, and it could have easily been avoided if one man didn't return."

As Darius talked, he noted another human who had entered and went upstairs, no doubt to get some sleep. Darius thought of doing the same, but for now he'd stay talking. "If you care for your people Kailia, you probably should stay away, unless you somehow get fortunate enough to hear some good news"

"Religious strife. In my lands, it is unnoticeable. Our 'Pantheon' as it is called here, is very open to other gods, so we are open as well. Though, this might be also due to us being so far from other people," Kaili said while chuckling. He picked up the stout he was previously drinking and started sipping from that. The stout was warm, but was still drinkable. "One day I will return to my motherland. Whether it takes months or years. But I do know one thing. I have to explore these lands. This land is so different form my home. So many different peoples and ideas. I must learn from this land and bring the knowledge back to my people," he said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 pm

United Martains wrote:
Vesperis wrote:Arella stopped as the Elves were mentioned and could feel her heart nearly stop. Fear crept from her heart down to her fingertips, taking a hold of her entire body. Their being chased was not the problem, for anyone could be chased and wish for aid. But by the elves, they would know exactly who they were. Her eyes widened and she was close to simply revealing herself, for it would be easier than struggling through it. The golem, however, paused, and focused. She heard the heavy crumble of rocks cascading over something, and she surely knew it must have been the tunnel. She was speechless, but bowed in gracious thanks.

Elvarg rushed to the collapsed women. He got out his pack, and started mixing ingredients together.
he finished the first potion. Lemongrass, ogre tooth, bull's eye. It was supposed to be able to wake people up from fainting. He used a dropper to place small amounts in her mouth, as had worked before. It didn't work. She didn't just faint. This had some sort of magical influence.
She muttered. He didn't know what was happening. Was she communicaticating to someone?

Ashdale brushed the man out of the way - a small movement, but one that moved with the force of a mountain - and glared at him. "She's fine. Don't feed her things, you'll make it worse. I don't know who said you could even do something like that." His face turned impassive, and he laid a hand on her wrist, then her throat, taking a few moments. "Don't you dare try feeding her something else, or else... something. I... something." He frowned, and lifted Arella's head softly, laying it in his lap gently.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:
United Martains wrote:

Ashdale brushed the man out of the way - a small movement, but one that moved with the force of a mountain - and glared at him. "She's fine. Don't feed her things, you'll make it worse. I don't know who said you could even do something like that." His face turned impassive, and he laid a hand on her wrist, then her throat, taking a few moments. "Don't you dare try feeding her something else, or else... something. I... something." He frowned, and lifted Arella's head softly, laying it in his lap gently.

Elvarg stepped back. He felt confused, he had no idea what the man was going on about.
"I'm sorry, I was only trying to help. Do you know what's happening? I've never seen this sort of condition before."
He then started packing his items back into his pack. He noticed he didn't know anybody here's names.
"I do not believe any of us have been properly introduced. I am Elvarg. Elvarg Alove. And you are?"
Last edited by United Martains on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:35 pm

United Martains wrote:
The Inritus Extraho wrote:Ashdale brushed the man out of the way - a small movement, but one that moved with the force of a mountain - and glared at him. "She's fine. Don't feed her things, you'll make it worse. I don't know who said you could even do something like that." His face turned impassive, and he laid a hand on her wrist, then her throat, taking a few moments. "Don't you dare try feeding her something else, or else... something. I... something." He frowned, and lifted Arella's head softly, laying it in his lap gently.

Elvarg stepped back. He felt confused, he had no idea what the man was going on about.
"I'm sorry, I was only trying to help. Do you know what's happening? I've never seen this sort of condition before."
He then started packing his items back into his pack. He noticed he didn't know anybody here's names.
"I do not believe any of us have been properly introduced. I am Elvarg. Elvarg Alove. And you are?"

"Her mind is missing, not her life. There's nothing to cure, even if you could." He didn't add the And I doubt you could to the end. No point antagonizing the natives, he supposed. He shook his head, waiting, and slipped the pack off of his back. "I'm unsure as to if we should give you our names; I'll refrain until I have her permission."
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:52 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:
United Martains wrote:

"Her mind is missing, not her life. There's nothing to cure, even if you could." He didn't add the And I doubt you could to the end. No point antagonizing the natives, he supposed. He shook his head, waiting, and slipped the pack off of his back. "I'm unsure as to if we should give you our names; I'll refrain until I have her permission."

Elvarg had a brief moment of suspiciousness. Why would they hide their names? But it was over soon. He understood that if you had an army chasing you, your name would not be something to give away freely.
"Well, I shan't ask questions as to your names. That is yours to know"
He turned to the Rockman.
"And you, Rockman. You potentially saved our lives there, and we are grateful. What is your name?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Though he knew the summoning would work, Lyns was speechless seeing his friend before him. He wondered how he looked to her, eyes blazing with evil, Black demonic armor draping his shoulders, unkempt hair. He must have looked like a monster. Then again, he supposed he was one.

Arella... Was the only thing he could say, eve in his demon form. It surprised how much, yet how little she changed. She was certainly different, something Lyns wasn't sure if he was saddened or happy about.

Slowly, almost painfully, Lyns stepped towards Arella, Kji pouring from his cape. He didn't know what to do.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Aona wrote:Though he knew the summoning would work, Lyns was speechless seeing his friend before him. He wondered how he looked to her, eyes blazing with evil, Black demonic armor draping his shoulders, unkempt hair. He must have looked like a monster. Then again, he supposed he was one.

Arella... Was the only thing he could say, even in his demon form. It surprised how much, yet how little she changed. She was certainly different, something Lyns wasn't sure if he was saddened or happy about.

Slowly, almost painfully, Lyns stepped towards Arella, Kji pouring from his cape. He didn't know what to do.

Arella merely examined him for a second, taking in all she had seen. His differences were completely astounding, in a little over a year she would expect at least a similar appearance, but she was let down. Merely looking at his face sent a wash of unease at her, considering the aura that resonated from his eyes. He seemed more retracted than the Lyns she remembered, more kept in to himself. It reminded her nothing of the man she knew, who while reserved was very open with her and Chespir.

Her name, spoken as if swallowed in to the inky blackness that surrounded them, reached her ears. She wanted to cringe away, for it disturbed her, but she kept her demeanor and allowed herself to get closer. Her hands unclasped from each other behind her back and she was tempted to reach out for him, though she knew it to be no use. He moved in response, a struggle. Her lips parted, as if to say something, but she paused.

"I have many questions...but I believe those can wait?" Her voice was calm but her expression carried worry. She needed to know what he had summoned her for, in their situation it must have been important.

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Vesperis wrote:Arella merely examined him for a second, taking in all she had seen. His differences were completely astounding, in a little over a year she would expect at least a similar appearance, but she was let down. Merely looking at his face sent a wash of unease at her, considering the aura that resonated from his eyes. He seemed more retracted than the Lyns she remembered, more kept in to himself. It reminded her nothing of the man she knew, who while reserved was very open with her and Chespir.

Her name, spoken as if swallowed in to the inky blackness that surrounded them, reached her ears. She wanted to cringe away, for it disturbed her, but she kept her demeanor and allowed herself to get closer. Her hands unclasped from each other behind her back and she was tempted to reach out for him, though she knew it to be no use. He moved in response, a struggle. Her lips parted, as if to say something, but she paused.

"I have many questions...but I believe those can wait?" Her voice was calm but her expression carried worry. She needed to know what he had summoned her for, in their situation it must have been important.

I'm sorry....I...I shouldn't have summoned you. I am probably hideous in this plane.... He angrily stated, wanting to just walk away. He could tell she was concerned for him, or rather, concerned about him.

I just....I wanted to see you again. So much has happened. So much.... he trailed off, something he now did often. He realized yet again how terrible a leader he must be.

How are you? How is Ashdale? Were you being attacked? Did they hurt you?? The light on his eyes shifted to red, and the kji became unstable, angry, and explosive.
Last edited by Aona on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Aona wrote:I'm sorry....I...I shouldn't have summoned you. I am probably hideous in this plane.... He angrily stated, wanting to just walk away. He could tell she was concerned for him, or rather, concerned about him.

I just....I wanted to see you again. So much has happened. So much.... he trailed off, something he now did often. He realized yet again how terrible a leader he must be.

How are you? How is Ashdale? Were you being attacked? Did they hurt you?? The light on his eyes shifted to red, and the kji became unstable, angry, and explosive.

Arella shook her head as he spoke, ready to offer him all of the condolences she could. He was falling, deeper and deeper within himself, falling further away from the Lyns she knew. She wanted desperately to talk, but found no words suitable, and so all she could do was watch. He did not scare her yet, she had seen him in worse forms, one of their last battles surely proved that. Within mere moments he became unstable in his form. Something he had rarely spoken about in their last days, but had at least mentioned. She held up a nervous hand, attempting to either find words or keep him from violence.

"Lyns..." Her voice trailed off and she felt the cold pain of fear once more, seeping in to her voice. "Please, we're okay Lyns."
Last edited by Vesperis on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Aona wrote:I'm sorry....I...I shouldn't have summoned you. I am probably hideous in this plane.... He angrily stated, wanting to just walk away. He could tell she was concerned for him, or rather, concerned about him.

Arella shook her head as he spoke, ready to offer him all of the condolences she could. He was falling, deeper and deeper within himself, falling further away from the Lyns she knew. She wanted desperately to talk, but found no words suitable, and so all she could do was watch. He did not scare her yet, she had seen him in worse forms, one of their last battles surely proved that. Within mere moments he became unstable in his form. Something he had rarely spoken about in their last days, but had at least mentioned. She held up a nervous hand, attempting to either find words or keep him from violence.

"Lyns..." Her voice trailed off and she felt the cold pain of fear once more, seeping in to her voice. "Please, we're okay Lyns."

I.......... Lyns's Kji dimmed down, something that took great restrain.

"I'm sorry, I was.......This place is uncomfortable to be in." He said in a somber tone. "I just brought you here to.....to talk. You're....close by, I assume?" He stammered, or rather, thought too long with his words, something that had emerged since Laik'al's battle.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Aona wrote:
Vesperis wrote:Arella shook her head as he spoke, ready to offer him all of the condolences she could. He was falling, deeper and deeper within himself, falling further away from the Lyns she knew. She wanted desperately to talk, but found no words suitable, and so all she could do was watch. He did not scare her yet, she had seen him in worse forms, one of their last battles surely proved that. Within mere moments he became unstable in his form. Something he had rarely spoken about in their last days, but had at least mentioned. She held up a nervous hand, attempting to either find words or keep him from violence.

I.......... Lyns's Kji dimmed down, something that took great restrain.

"I'm sorry, I was.......This place is uncomfortable to be in." He said in a somber tone. "I just brought you here to.....to talk. You're....close by, I assume?" He stammered, or rather, thought too long with his words, something that had emerged since Laik'al's battle.

Arella could feel her fear subsiding. Without the aid of a body to slow it down, fear spread quickly, it seemed. She kept that in mine for later. She dropped her hand to her side, listening as he stumbled through words. So he had not changed much after all, it seemed.

"We must be near you." She answered in a soft voice. "I was with Ashdale in the Western Mountains' pass." She added.

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Aona wrote:I.......... Lyns's Kji dimmed down, something that took great restrain.

Arella could feel her fear subsiding. Without the aid of a body to slow it down, fear spread quickly, it seemed. She kept that in mine for later. She dropped her hand to her side, listening as he stumbled through words. So he had not changed much after all, it seemed.

"We must be near you." She answered in a soft voice. "I was with Ashdale in the Western Mountains' pass." She added.

"Yesss......." The word remained on Lyns's lips.

I live there. I have for......"Quite....some time." Lyns couldn't help switching between demonic tongue and dialogue. It made him nervous and angry.

"What about......"you?

You live in Cerdra, yyy.....esss?

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Aona wrote:
Vesperis wrote:

"Yesss......." The word remained on Lyns's lips.

I live there. I have for......"Quite....some time." Lyns couldn't help switching between demonic tongue and dialogue. It made him nervous and angry.

"What about......"you?

Arella couldn't help but become more and more nervous as Lyns continued to speak. His voice was changing, and she did everything she could to avert looking directly at him. There was the possibility of making things worse if he saw the wrong expression on her face, so she attempted to keep her forced confidence.

"Yes, Lyns." She said, hoping to remind him of his name, to keep what may happen at bay. "Until a few days ago. Ashdale and I have been traveling since." She was careful not to mention the elves, hoping it would help.

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Aona wrote:"Yesss......." The word remained on Lyns's lips.

"What about......"you?

Arella couldn't help but become more and more nervous as Lyns continued to speak. His voice was changing, and she did everything she could to avert looking directly at him. There was the possibility of making things worse if he saw the wrong expression on her face, so she attempted to keep her forced confidence.

"Yes, Lyns." She said, hoping to remind him of his name, to keep what may happen at bay. "Until a few days ago. Ashdale and I have been traveling since." She was careful not to mention the elves, hoping it would help.

"That's....." Lyns suddenly became confused, his Kji becoming alive and flickering violently above him, as if he had been lit alight.

K'REFT LASDAS'F IR'YUL! Lyns shouted angrily. He then realized that he was talking to Arella and that something was different than before.

She was afraid of him. No, no no no.

Lyns yelped angrily, not to anyone in particular, before falling into the nonexistent floor, disappearing into it. His voice suddenly flooded the realm. His normal voice, now saddened and stressed.

"I'm tired, Arella. I am tired and defeated. The elves have hurt you all, yet I sit on my mountain hiding. And now I talk to one of my best friends and she is afraid of saying the wrong thing. I am sorry for myself. I am sorry for what I have done."

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Aona wrote:
Vesperis wrote:

"That's....." Lyns suddenly became confused, his Kji becoming alive and flickering violently above him, as if he had been lit alight.

K'REFT LASDAS'F IR'YUL! Lyns shouted angrily. He then realized that he was talking to Arella and that something was different than before.

She was afraid of him. No, no no no.

Lyns yelped angrily, not to anyone in particular, before falling into the nonexistent floor, disappearing into it. His voice suddenly flooded the realm. His normal voice, now saddened and stressed.

"I'm tired, Arella. I am tired and defeated. The elves have hurt you all, yet I sit on my mountain hiding. And now I talk to one of my best friends and she is afraid of saying the wrong thing. I am sorry for myself. I am sorry for what I have done."

Arella felt like her heart had skipped a beat as she saw the aura that surrounded him suddenly become violent and bright. She took a hastened step back, putting her hands up in defense. His voice, completely aligned with the demonic tongue, filled her ears with sudden force and she looked up in complete horror, watching as it seemed to consume him. She fell to one knee in the sudden chaos, not daring to move. Another cry came from his direction before he fell and disappeared completely, leaving her alone. It was quiet, but only for a moment, before Lyns' voice reached her once more.

She slowed her breathing, the fear slowly subsiding. She brought her other knee down and sat, closing her eyes and bowing her head, collecting herself. Though Lyns had finished talking, she still sat, in silence. After a moment she lifted her head, and spoke out to where Lyns stood a moment ago.

"We are all hiding..." She murmured to the empty space. Her voice raised a bit, to that which she used to speak in. "You have no reason to be sorry, my friend."

Female

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Arella felt like her heart had skipped a beat as she saw the aura that surrounded him suddenly become violent and bright. She took a hastened step back, putting her hands up in defense. His voice, completely aligned with the demonic tongue, filled her ears with sudden force and she looked up in complete horror, watching as it seemed to consume him. She fell to one knee in the sudden chaos, not daring to move. Another cry came from his direction before he fell and disappeared completely, leaving her alone. It was quiet, but only for a moment, before Lyns' voice reached her once more.

She slowed her breathing, the fear slowly subsiding. She brought her other knee down and sat, closing her eyes and bowing her head, collecting herself. Though Lyns had finished talking, she still sat, in silence. After a moment she lifted her head, and spoke out to where Lyns stood a moment ago.

"We are all hiding..." She murmured to the empty space. Her voice raised a bit, to that which she used to speak in. "You have no reason to be sorry, my friend."

There was silence for a minute. Lyns wasn't sure if he was meditating, or seemingly staring into nothing.

"Why did you follow me? After you learned the truth....about...me?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse