NATION

PASSWORD

Travelers: The Gray King (IC) Chapter 1

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Travelers: The Gray King (IC) Chapter 1

Postby Aona » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:01 am

The Travelers:
The Gray King

Chapter 1: The Skies are Dark, As Am I

In a dark place, a dark time, a place away from Renedere, a slouched figure sat in a glass room.

He was battered, bloody, deformed. His breath was raspy, unkempt, sudden. To a man who glanced at him from a distance, you would think him dead. But the man, Eyolas the Gray, was smiling.

Looking over, he saw a dark, cloaked figure not there before. He smiled even further. The cloaked man did not.

Are you satisfied?

"Yes. Thank you."

You are aware of my concerns, my king.

"Of course, my friend. But fear not. Lynserah and all the demons in Oblivion will not stand to defeat my army."

You are not aware of what Lynserah is capable of.

The elf looked troubled. His raspy breaths stopped.

"Leave me. Let me free."

The cloaked man said nothing.

"LET ME GO!"

Instantly, the elf-kings mouth filled with blood, the slouched man writing and screaming for help. The cloaked figure began to walk away, eventually fading, as Eyolas began to drown in his own blood. He would awake in his bed, perfectly fine, only to travel to the glass world the next night. Which was all the hooded figure needed.

-Chapter One-
BEGIN
:^)

Flimxanthia
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flimxanthia » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Morterra dripped with blood, freshly removed from the elder elf's corpse. The dark blade was wiped against the corpse's coat, then the other side was wiped. The black haired elf brushed gunpowder from his waistcoat and kicked the corpse over the castle wall.
"So much for loyal." Chespir mused, putting away his knife, then hammering the hand-cannon against the wall. The metal device shattered after two strong hits, and the elf threw the creation down the stoney peak.
Then the elf shot off into the night, flames trailing behind him. Two hours later, the guards found the body.

Two Days Later

Chespir lay alone in a tree, his arms dropping like limp branches. His skin was (literally) alight, and his eyes were closed.
Thzzzzp
He was alert, bow drawn. Two human archers stood in the clearing beneath him, arrows facing him.
"You! Elf! Surrender your coinage and you shall not be harmed!" Bandits.
In one swift movement an arrow was nestled deep within the man on the right, and the second man was aflame, crying in agony.
The elf ignored his cries, removing his arrow from the carcass of the first man. Why waste good arrows?
Now available in blue

Disclaimer - Not Necessarily Available In Blue

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Running and hiding. That was all Arella Iona had done for the past few weeks or so. Was it a month, more? She couldn't remember anymore. Fear of death, capture, or worse, plagued her mind endlessly. While fear became normal in her life within the past year, it was never like this. The first goodbye from The Travelers was a harsh one. They were being pulled apart, separated from their lives together and in to new ones. She had never heard what happened to anyone, they merely said heavy-hearted goodbyes and left.

She and Ashdale left for the Cerdran Capitol city, a land where they believed may hold a future for them. Arella joined the Ministry of Healers as Ashdale joined the Cerdran Knights, both of them excelling through the ranks quickly. Within months, Arella had become a popular healer and powerful priestess, eventually leading the Ministry due to her work and somewhat due to her talent. The high priest, Damien Ayre, died unexpectedly that year. Much to her surprise, Arella was chosen as the new high priestess. Due to this, she was given the powers and abilities held by the one before her. She was still studious, but much of her time went in to deciding for the church. Many followers adored her, mostly for reasons she couldn't explain. In a nutshell, she generally made rational decisions and avoided conflict.

Ashdale remained by her side, popping in and out of her life, taking a spot as head of defense. She didn't mind, and mostly appreciated the fact that at least a shard of her memories survived the test of time.

In the present, well she had been reduced to running. As soon as King Eyolas announced his "crusade" against The Travelers, the entire Capitol went in to panic. Many were afraid for their leader, others were afraid of what would happen to their fair city, and only a select few truly believed that she was of harm to them. Both she and Ashdale were run from the cities, hopping city-states and land to followers who believed they were good. They were to cross the Western Mountains through a tunnel system developed by the early church for those migrating to the city. And they were running, truly running.

"Hurry, please!" She called out to the soldiers behind her. Brave, loyal soldiers had stood by her side since the announcement of the war against the Travelers. All she wanted was for them to live, and yet they died. So many of them had died, and every night it wrecked her mind. She couldn't stand letting others die in her stead, were it her choice, she would end it all right then and there. They rushed in to the tunnel, some staying back to hold off the steadily advancing Elven soldiers. She stopped at the entrance, attempting to wait for the others. They motioned her back, and she was nearly dragged in. The entrance was sealed with a large rock and she was motioned on. "Run, you'll find yourself near the other side. We will find you." One said, holding the rock in place. She turned, and ran, heart heavy. Many of them wouldn't live, and there would be more lives in her hands.

Ashdale alone was next to her, and they sprinted through the dark tunnels. She brought out her staff, an extending wand that went from the mere size of a ruler to a full sized staff by her own magic accords. It lit the tunnels dimly, their long unused floors kicking up dust. Arella took off her cloak and flipped it around, the opposite color a dark gray. It would cover all features that marked her as herself. Soon, there was light. She took a deep breath and sprinted out, surprised to find the exit bright. She slowed down, completely out of breath, and fell to her knees to catch her breath.

"Ashdale..." She breathed... "Are we...okay?" She looked up at the mountains behind them, they had taken a short route, there was still a way to go before she could get to the destination they had planned to get to next.
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Ashdale turned, looking back down the corridor, and sheathed the sword he held back into the kite shield he carried. The blade locked in, and he nodded down the corridor. "We are, though possibly not for long, Arella..." he said with a sigh - and seeing her flip her cloak around, he brushed a hand down the front of his kite shield, the bright red and white of the Church dimming down to a rusty gray and a darker, colorless gray. Just another hired sword, yes? At least, that's what his armor marked him as, now. "We have to keep moving, Arella. Or else any wounds or deaths will have been in vain."

Ashdale sighed. "And a pity that would be..." he said, then shook his head in dismay. "Come on, Arella." Not much longer now, of course; we're almost there, and we can shelter in the mountains if need be. He rolled his shoulders, annoyed by the pack that he was carrying over his armor - he had to grab it from their supplies before they ran pell-mell through the tunnels. "Just a bit more, and we'll be out in the mountains, and then we'll either camp, or find someone to shelter with if you feel like finishing this part of the trip."
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
You can call me TIE. I'm not on much... so telegram me if you need something.
FanT Nation - FT w/o space.
I'm on CA time, so... pacific. UTC -8
I'm bi, not single, and really any pronoun works.
I'll check out RP's if you TG me about them.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Kali looked at the small man before him. "so your people are called 'Dwarfs'" he said. The Dwarf nodded. "You look human, but I haven't seen one of your color," the dwarf said. "I come from the far eastern islands of Pae' Aina. Not many people know of it," Kaili said. He looked away from the dwarf and at the village before him. It was moderately sizes. Around 80 dwarves lived here. Most of them worked in the iron mine but some were metalworkers. Carved into the cliff walls were shops and homes, housing the dwarves that lived there. Up against the cliff wall was a large tavern that seemed to be built halfway into the wall. The tavern served as a rest station for caravans and travelers along the road, serving both man, elves, and dwarves with its accommodations. Kaili thanked the dwarf for his help and walked away. He went to the blacksmiths and looked at their gear. Armor and weapons of all sorts created out of iron, steel, and some other metals. Kaili was fascinated by the weapons, turning the earth itself into hard and sharp weapons. He wondered if he could use these metals for his own use, and possibly his people's use. He left the blackshops and went to the tavern. To all around him, he was a strange sight, but they tolerated him. They probably saw stranger sights than him. He sat down at a table and order a mug of the local stouts.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:20 pm

It had been 6 windy days on the mountain side. Elvarg's back still hurt like hell, but not for long. He had found it. Os sanatore.
It was a rare flower capable of quickly healing broken bones, even making impossible feats. Like Elvarg's back. It's lower half had been ruined by a war hammer in an arena fight, temporarily paralyzing him, and making his movement slow and jerky, and alway, always, there was the pain. He picked as many of the flowers as he could. Who knew? They might just come in handy later. He managed to get 20. He picked the 2 ripest looking ones, put them in his mortar and pestle, added them to some deer blood and dried lemongrass, crushed them up together, added water, put it in a bottle, and took a sip. He lay back on the ground, and after ten minutes already felt so much better. He took another sip, and turned around to remove the stake on his back that was holding him together until now. It still hurt, and would probably only fully heal in a few days, but it would fully heal.

As he began to pack up his items, he heard something. The clash of steel in the valley below. He moved for a better look, but could see no soldiers. He did notice in a cliff below him, the opening of a small tunnel. He put his hand on his sword in readiness. He didn't want a fight, but he didn't want to die, either. He signaled above, and Ruth, his pet hawk, came down from scouting above the mountains. He put out his left arm and she landed on it. She gave a loud squawk
"I know, girl. I know." Then he started heading down the mountain towards the tunnel entrance.
Last edited by United Martains on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Kell groaned softly to himself as he woke up, as usual with no recollection of the event of last night. Which is why he was more than slightly surprised to find himself plodding along on the back of a tired-looking grey horse along a small road.

He shrugged. He'd woken up in stranger situations, like being in the basement of a alchemist, up to his chest a vat of plant sap. He glanced down at his wineskin, and shook it. No sound came out. Kell sighed in despair.

He'd already used up all his alcohol on the road to the other side of these mountains? Well, he couldn't say he was surprised, he always underestimated the amount of alcohol he needed on a trip. He glanced up the path, face wraps shielding his eyes from the sun reflected on the snow. He had a way to go yet before he reached the other side, but there would be more wine on the other side. If there wasn't, then by the sacred neckwraps of his tribe, these wetlander hell spawn would pay.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Arella was still on her knees, breathing deeply to try and regain what she had lost in their mad sprint through the tunnels. She nodded at Ashdale, just to make sure he knew she was listening. As much as she wanted to curl up and rest, just sleep for the first time in a few days, she knew it was impossible at this point. They were still being chased, and if she spent too much time trying to catch her breath, they would be quickly caught. She couldn't stand the idea of all of her soldiers, Ashdale's men, being lost merely because she couldn't endure this. All of Cerdran was counting on her, she had to make it, somehow.

She rose and secured her wand to her belt before pulling the cloak tight around her. She nodded once at Ashdale before continuing closer to a mountainside. They began to climb a crude path which had been left behind long ago. If their information was correct, the path would take them over a small peak and to a small dwarven mining town. There should be a few people willing to shelter them there, or so she hoped. Anything besides the harsh cold of night would be fine, but she couldn't handle it much longer. As they continued up, she watched her feet to make sure there were no slip-ups. If they didn't move fast enough, the Elven ranks may catch up to them, and if that were the case, there would be no place to rest, they would have to continue on another day, and she couldn't take another day. And so she climbed, legs burning and heart pumping until they nearly reached the top of the small bit of mountain.

The noise of a great squawk reached her ears, a hawk of course. She looked up, watching it circle the sky slightly above them before diving down. From behind a small enclosure of rocks came a large, heavily built, lizard man, hand to hilt and arm outstretched with the hawk. Arella stopped and attempted to catch her breath. She drew the hood further over her face and looked behind her. There were no soldiers rushing through the tunnels yet, but she knew it would only be a small amount of time. She turned back hastily.

"We-" she took a moment to gain a hold of her voice "We're not looking for a fight! Please let us pass!" She called. The wind was harsh and loud, and so would swallow her voice entirely had she not yelled. The cloak fluttered and she clutched it close to her, hoping not to reveal herself.

Female

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Noticing the panic in her voice, Elvarg decided to help. He had been here 6 days, and new the landscape relatively well. He took his hand of his sword.
"You don't appear to be travelling alone." He pointed to the tunnel entrance, where the sounds of steel and pain still echoed. "If you need a place to hide, I have a small cave where I have set up camp. Do you need protection?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Arella stood there, the wind threatening to beat her back down the mountain. She was holding her breath, ready to jump behind Ashdale and let him defend, as he was trained so heavily to do. Unlike before, however, she was not as helpless on her own. Her expression begged mercy, however, for a fight would only delay them further. As soon as he removed his hand from the hilt, she felt as if she could breathe again. In terms of finding kind souls among their route, they had been incredibly lucky. She nodded in thanks and rushed up, gesturing Ashdale to follow her. She stood beside the man, not daring look up and expose her face.

"I thank you for your kindness." She said, continuing up the path, scrambling every once and a while as they got to the top. The path then swept down and behind another large formation of rock. It wasn't so horribly far now. Just along the path where it would be flat for a few hundred yards, then it would slope down. Hopefully, they'd find their way to that village. She had in her possession a map, but hardly the time to look at it. Keeping close to Ashdale, she made her way down the path with the lizard man, attempting to face forward instead of facing him. If he knew what was going on within their very world, he would understand immediately who she was. Ashdale was partially saved, for only his name would give it away. But Arella...it was better to stay anonymous until she knew if he would be a friend or a foe. "While your offer is favorable I must ask you to help us find the Western Dwarven village?" She nearly stumbled but just decided to pick up her speed. They reached the flat part of the path before the final slope and she kept her speed even. "We need to get there immediately, do you know if it is close?" She attempted to keep the voice she had used many times during debates within the church, but it was faltering. Desperation tinged her false confidence quite obviously.

Female

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm

"I have passed it," replied Elvarg. "It is about 7 hours march from here."
He looked at the sky.
"But I doubt we have that much time. Night is coming, and it snows heavily. I can guide you there, I recommend you wait til morning. But, if it is urgent, I shall take you there immediately."

As his back began to hurt again, he took another sip of his potion. Then he looked at the women and awaited her reply.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Darius noticed the Dwarf's eyes. He wasn't surprised. He could hear some of them talk behind his back, pointing towards the human stranger in their midst. However, it wasn't the fact that it was a human stranger, or the fact that though he was probably safe in the tavern, he was still wearing his armor. They were noticing something else that marked this human different from any other one. They were noticing a single feature, particularly the one connected to his right arm, despite Darius' best at covering it up with part of his cape.

Darius ignored the eyes, and drank deeply. Setting the mug down, he gazed at the Draconian shaped helmet on the table before him, which stared back with equal thought. Darius was trying his best not to think about anything. Usually, when he thought, he thought about the past. When he thought about the past, he remembered about the hermit. When he remembered the hermit, he was reminded about his arm. When he was reminded about his arm....His thoughts gave to rage.

The rage surrounding the warlord was evident. Though he had no magic powers, the dwarf server who passed by could get the tense feeling of annoyance, anger, and displeasure. None of them good to a dwarf. The owner was half tempted to try to get the man to leave, but one glance at his arm, and nobody wanted to bother him. This was good. Darius didn't wanted to be bothered. He was bothered enough trying to buy food and water from these idiots. Any more bothering and he would have to 'bother' them.

Darius took another deep gulp of the ale, and tapped the table, signaling for more. As the dwarf brought more, Darius noticed the other human who had just arrived. Taking him in, Darius studied the human, trying to determine why another person like him would be so far in the mountains. He could have gone over to ask, or maybe say hello to someone who wasn't shorter than him, but at the moment, socializing wasn't something he wanted to do. So instead he studied the human, while taking another gulp.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Alldas Morron's facial expression twisted into a majestic and powerful grin as he crested the hill, rocky legs pounding a crescendo drumbeat that echoed across the great mountains. He knew the village was nearby; and he didn't particularly care for the dwarves. They always wondered about whether or not he was a golem, and after a hundred times explaining his situation, the rock-man was tired.

So he wandered the wilderness, looking for new people to aid. He saw no signs of himself slowing down, though the mage suspected that one day he'd just fall apart and finally die from the ill-fated sword wound that seemed so long ago. It was long ago. Beyond the time that most people around had been alive.
Reddington and his entourage were all dead; Alldas's knight, dead.

He lived now to protect and serve the ideals he found to be true.

"..there immediately, do you know if it is close?"
A female voice. A desperate one.

The rockman began to move slightly faster.. and then slowed, allowing the earth around his feet to muffle his steps enough so that he did not announce his arrival as loud as he would. The mountain wind would hide his feet.

Alldas rounded the corner and happened upon a group of three- a lizardman, and two humans, it seemed- and so he stood there. Just stood there. Waited.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Kaili was thoroughly enjoying his drink. Ever since arriving in the west, he has tried a lot of the drinks. None are like anything they had in his home islands and none which gave such weird feelings. He remembered the first time he drank this liquid they call "alcohol", he drank too much. He could barely stands and could barely think or see straight. But the drink he was drinking now, this stout, was stronger than any other drink he had. The taste was really bitter and thick, but was good.

Between sips, he noticed a big armored man looking at him. Upon further inspection, he noticed this man had a very distinct feature, specifically his right arm. The man looked displease for some reason. Kaili got up from his table and approached the man. As he got closer, the feeling of anger and other negative emotions touched him. But this did not stop Kaili as a Koa is brave. "I see you are a warrior," he said," Tho you weigh yourself down with armor, you are strong. Your dedication to the path of the warrior is stronger still." he said the last statement while pointing at his arm. "Tell me fellow warrior. What is your name and may I sit with you and exchange tales," he said.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Darius wasn't sure whether to say the man was ignorant, odd, curious, or all three. Darius' first impulse was to tell the man to go find a dwarf female, but he couldn't help but think that he did somewhat invite him over by observing the man. He couldn't also but be curious about this man. Something was different about him. Maybe it was the way he talked, or maybe it was just because he actually had enough courage to talk to him, but Darius could see something different.

"Eh" Darius grunted, and pointed to the chair nearby, inviting him to sit. "Name's Darius." Not saying anything more, Darius took another gulp of ale, and tapped for another.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
R.I.P. Wombat

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Elvarg drew his sword as he saw the rockman.
"Stay back!" He yelled to the creature. The rockman just stood there. Elvarg lowered his guard a bit, but his sword remained drawn.
"Rockman! What is you want?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:Darius wasn't sure whether to say the man was ignorant, odd, curious, or all three. Darius' first impulse was to tell the man to go find a dwarf female, but he couldn't help but think that he did somewhat invite him over by observing the man. He couldn't also but be curious about this man. Something was different about him. Maybe it was the way he talked, or maybe it was just because he actually had enough courage to talk to him, but Darius could see something different.

"Eh" Darius grunted, and pointed to the chair nearby, inviting him to sit. "Name's Darius." Not saying anything more, Darius took another gulp of ale, and tapped for another.

Kaili sat don in the chair. A Dwarvern Tavern maiden rushed up to the table and placed two stouts on the table. She then hurried off. Kaili laughed. "You have a fearful aura around you," he said, " I'll pay for this drink." he picked up one of the stouts and took a swig from it. "Since you honored me with your name, I'll honor you with mine. I and Kaili Kakoa, God of the Koa in my mother tongue. I come from Nui Pae' aina, the tropical islands to the far east," he said," Where is your motherland Darius?"
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Konariona wrote:Alldas Morron's facial expression twisted into a majestic and powerful grin as he crested the hill, rocky legs pounding a crescendo drumbeat that echoed across the great mountains. He knew the village was nearby; and he didn't particularly care for the dwarves. They always wondered about whether or not he was a golem, and after a hundred times explaining his situation, the rock-man was tired.

So he wandered the wilderness, looking for new people to aid. He saw no signs of himself slowing down, though the mage suspected that one day he'd just fall apart and finally die from the ill-fated sword wound that seemed so long ago. It was long ago. Beyond the time that most people around had been alive.

The rockman began to move slightly faster.. and then slowed, allowing the earth around his feet to muffle his steps enough so that he did not announce his arrival as loud as he would. The mountain wind would hide his feet.

Alldas rounded the corner and happened upon a group of three- a lizardman, and two humans, it seemed- and so he stood there. Just stood there. Waited.

Ashdale turned, and took in the scene at a glance. The golem, or whatever it was, simply observing. The lizard-man's immediate offensive. He frowned, and with a quick pair of odd, shuffling movements, ended up in between the pair. "Halt." he said softly. "We wish neither of you harm, and we simply wish to pass." He sighed, watching, his gaze shifting restlessly, and then he raised a hand to the hilt that protruded above the edge of his shield.

"We only want safe passage."
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 pm

The Inritus Extraho wrote:
Konariona wrote:Alldas Morron's facial expression twisted into a majestic and powerful grin as he crested the hill, rocky legs pounding a crescendo drumbeat that echoed across the great mountains. He knew the village was nearby; and he didn't particularly care for the dwarves. They always wondered about whether or not he was a golem, and after a hundred times explaining his situation, the rock-man was tired.

Ashdale turned, and took in the scene at a glance. The golem, or whatever it was, simply observing. The lizard-man's immediate offensive. He frowned, and with a quick pair of odd, shuffling movements, ended up in between the pair. "Halt." he said softly. "We wish neither of you harm, and we simply wish to pass." He sighed, watching, his gaze shifting restlessly, and then he raised a hand to the hilt that protruded above the edge of his shield.

"We only want safe passage."

Alldas looked at the three again and his brow raised in wizened amusement.
First the old one tried ancient Dagonian, the language of his tribe, on the off chance that one of these people spoke it- they likely didn't- but it was worth a try, right?
"Aiufur, jaa-la bagodon?"
No response... they looked on in confusion, evidently.

He sighed.

"Who be you three, and where do you go," this time in lilting but obviously rusty Elvish.

And then he said it again, in plain common.

"Who are you? Where are you going?"

United Martains wrote:Elvarg drew his sword as he saw the rockman.
"Stay back!" He yelled to the creature. The rockman just stood there. Elvarg lowered his guard a bit, but his sword remained drawn.

"I do not appreciate such a threat, young one. I will abide my distance if I feel such is warranted. And even if I advanced, what would that sword do? Nothing. Hit me, I welcome you."

The golem smiled and nodded.
"I want naught but to aid weary travelers."
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

The Inritus Extraho
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Inritus Extraho » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Konariona wrote:Alldas looked at the three again and his brow raised in wizened amusement.
First the old one tried ancient Dagonian, the language of his tribe, on the off chance that one of these people spoke it- they likely didn't- but it was worth a try, right?
"Aiufur, jaa-la bagodon?"
No response... they looked on in confusion, evidently.

He sighed.

"Who be you three, and where do you go," this time in lilting but obviously rusty Elvish.

And then he said it again, in plain common.

"Who are you? Where are you going?"

United Martains wrote:Elvarg drew his sword as he saw the rockman.

"I do not appreciate such a threat, young one. I will abide my distance if I feel such is warranted. And even if I advanced, what would that sword do? Nothing. Hit me, I welcome you."

The golem smiled and nodded.
"I want naught but to aid weary travelers."

"We want to get to the Western Dwarven village. The lizard-man, on the other hand, I have no idea." Ashdale stepped back, easing down, and stayed at Arella's side peacefully. "If you could guide us as quickly as possible, it would be a great kindness; we'd rather not spend the night out here when our destination is so close." He, of course, left out that the Elves were hunting them. And that they were the reason to not slow down, or spend the night. But it would do.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Arella stopped suddenly with the rest of the group. She let her eyes wander carelessly upward, only to find the eyes of a giant rock golem staring back. Her face dropped once more, clutching the cloak against the harsh winds. She looked around as the brief argument took place around her. All the while, she was looking over her shoulder, knowing that soon they would be caught up to, and it would all be over. She got closer to Ashdale, her nerves getting the better of her as she stood in agony of waiting. Finally she decided to speak up after Ashdale spoke.

"Please, whether you help us or not is no matter, we need only get through here and to the village." She implored them with all of her remaining strength, feet poised to take off running even if they wanted to stop her. There was no longer any time to waste, as if there was any in the first place.

Female

United Martains
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 pm

It was getting dark, and a light snow began to fall. The screams from the tunnel were slowing, and it was evident that whatever was following the two travellers was going to be here soon.
"We haven't much time. I will take you to the village, and I suggest you rug up. Rockman, if you wish to aid us, perhaps you should come along as well. The mountains are dangerous at night. Are we all willing?"
Last edited by United Martains on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 am

The Carlisle wrote:Kaili sat down in the chair. A Dwarvern Tavern maiden rushed up to the table and placed two stouts on the table. She then hurried off. Kaili laughed. "You have a fearful aura around you," he said, " I'll pay for this drink." he picked up one of the stouts and took a swig from it. "Since you honored me with your name, I'll honor you with mine. I and Kaili Kakoa, God of the Koa in my mother tongue. I come from Nui Pae' aina, the tropical islands to the far east," he said," Where is your motherland Darius?"

Darius didn't reply to Kaili's comment about his aura. He couldn't care less. However, he was now curious about this land, this 'Nui Pae'aina' goodness, that was a mouthful. Darius had never traveled from that part of the world. "I come from the West. Very, very far West" Darius answered about his own land, on purposely not mentioning its name. "Tell me, Kaili, why are you so far from your land? What brings you here?"
R.I.P. Wombat

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:52 am

Razrel blew out smoke from his mouth, holding his pipe in his hand, and hood pulled over his head so as to shade his eyes as he listened to the men-and the others inside, mostly dwarves-talk. The Elf King had made war on the Travelers. Old news, apparently, but he'd been out of civilization for a while now. Pity, he'd always thought of them as an interesting group that he may have had considered joining. He wondered if his grand-nephew had opened up the borders of Irilias to the Elven hunters who sought the Travelers. On one side, they had little love for elves, but on the other, they would not want an open war, despite possessing a sizable army and wealth. In any case, sitting around was no way to find out. The interior of the tavern glowed with the pale yellow light given of by candles, whilst men drunkenly danced around and clanked jugs and mugs together. When Razrel stepped out, it was the opposite. The night was silent but for the chirping of insects and the muffled sounds. William pushed his hood down and let the cool air blow on his face. Perhaps I ought to head back to Irilias sometime. He mused. See the boy again, visit home. Though he was no longer a boy, and he could hardly call the capital of Irilias home to him after spending much of his time in the wild. And what interested him at present was the current situation of the travelers. Ah well, he'd have time enough to think about it tomorrow. He noticed a man with a strange arm, seemingly fused with a sword, talking to a man who looked foreign, as he stepped around the dwarfs carefully and headed upstairs to his room, planning for tomorrow, when he would figure out what course to take.

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:28 am

"Yes, I am horribly sorry for the rush." Arella said quickly and with a nod in response to the Lizard man. She began walking, but keeping a close eye to the two others and within a good distance of Ashdale. Light snow began to dust the ground, and it felt almost as if a cold bite was making its way through the wind. In her mind, all she could focus on was safety, for both herself and Ashdale. She couldn't wait for the others, if either the lizard or the golem decided not to come, it would be their own choice.

Female

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse