NATION

PASSWORD

History of Man - Medieval Times (IC | Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gold state
Minister

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Bujahla wrote:
A letter is sent to the Agzhor of Ragzhora promising double the gold as well as rare Asian merchandise in return for pirating the Spanish ships. In the letter he remarks how easy the Spanish islands would be, how Spainish ships now have more gold on average, as well as other minor persuasive points.

A letter is sent to the leader of Mangelor outlining similar terms. In it they also mention the possibility of bringing Mangelor into the UMM (you can be in it and completely independent since domestic choices are rarely made by the congress and all done by the local leaders) in order to protect their interests, as long as its not pirating other UMM states.

A letter is sent to the remaining 4 pirate states each stating the same thing about shifting their focus, but each in accordance to its location and some benefits as well as intra-league relations.

[spoiler]
A letter from Razghora returns, the Aghzor saying that he will consider this, and act on it once 20,000 gold coins is sent to the League of Enner, as well as some sample goods. He also replies and agrees that it is true that Spain may not be expecting this... however, in the meantime, Razghora will continue to raid Medu-Canaanite ports and shipping.

Mangleor has refused the offer, and says that it will not leave the League of Enner, since it knows its only few compatriots and comrades are the pirates, whereas anyone else would rip it to pieces. It is, however, ready to ignore Medu-Canaanite ships for a payment.

Mellen and Gisqirt each in turn send the letters back read but unreplied to, and Pocvu expresses some interest in keeping the channel open, while Brikon doesn't ever recieve the letter due to overzealous protectors.

Meanwhile, it appears a new city is forming on the shores of the Aegean, but at the moment, it is only squabbling clans, andit is not clear who will become the hegemon of the currently chaotic area.

Gold state wrote:
To, Prince Hassan

We will send around a regiment of Musket men. These are from the East provinces that join our nations, so they will be more accustomed to the Eastern Climate and culture. They will also have a large amount of gold for your rebellion.

Signed, Honorary Duke Khalid I of the Ke'sh.

To, the Pirates

I have received word of an ambassador, approaching our lands. We shall have an alliance, this will help everyone prosper, well not everyone but us. Of course gold is plentiful here, and a few nations control the seas...

Signed,Honorary Duke Khalid I of the Ke'sh

To the Duke of the Ke'sh,
We are, perhaps, interested in such relations. However, we would want, require, great deals of gold to keep it open and to ignore your shipping. COuld that be fulfilled?
From the League of Enner

To,The league of Enner

That gold will certainly be in your treasury soon, however if you can attack certain other nations and their ships. Then the gold would certainly flow a lot quicker into your treasury, please write back if interested.

Signed,Khalid I
Support Palestine, against the Israeli terrorism.
RIP, the Palestinians and Jews murdered by the IDF and Hamas.
14, Years old, British and Awesome
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Ambibia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambibia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:10 pm

The Empire of Nakumura was still in shock over the death of the old emperor but was excited for the many new policies they expected emperor Hoaz to fulfill. However, the empire would lie in a dead end, a recession of sorts. Of course the new trade rutes had boosted the economy but had done little for the people besides boost the currency value. Emperor Hoaz faced this challenge head on.

"It seems as if," He stated "that if we are a people plan to continue to call ourselves an empire we must expand in the appropriate manner to do so! We must look west and claim the land for our own! we shall expand our culture to those we take over and build a greater sense of unity to our great nation!"

Emperor Hoaz ordered the recruitment of a new organized military of samurais, and sent them on a quest to take over the northern lands of the Gulf of Thailand. They were trained in the arts of Thai-Chi as well as the ability to wield a blade. Most importantly, they were taught how to use controlled thinking and balance in the soul to defeat their enemies. After many months the time came to invade.

A common imperial soldier on horseback

A village being sackedImage

Emperor Hoaz on horseback in military uniformImage

It lasted a good year before the Nakumurans had finally gotten the Thai to surrender their land. However instead of quickly forcing the people upon the Nakumuran ways, they allowed them to be tax-free for a short while and allowed them to keep their religious beliefs. The Nakumurans taught them the ways in which they traded and established several farms along many foot-roads. The Nakumaran Emperor was satisfied with the work he did and called for a celebration of this new era under his rule.

15 year-old male Democrat from South Carolina, USA. Presbyterian. Currently enrolled in boarding school in Virginia.
Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38
"There was never a good war, or a bad peace" -Benjamin Franklin
"We seldom repent of having eaten too little"-Thomas Jefferson
"There are many ways of moving foward, but only one way of standing still"-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Colonial Update

More and more colonists joined the effort in Afrika* to show that Rylonia was still a world player. The lands expanded South and East and the natives were traded with. The Impirren made it law that only rebellious natives would be enslaved, but that didn't mean that the colonists didn't steal gold from the natives. There were massive gold deposits owned by the natives, and Rylonian scouts kept trying to find out where it was coming from. But the jungle was impossible to travel though, so they settled for trade instead. Besides, an iron sickle for a bar of gold? They might as well have been mining the gold themselves.

A small settlement was founded to the South, only about 200 miles down. Already over 300 people live there. Sugarcane and citrus have become major crops in the colonies.

Technology Update

For the first time, boomboom were implemented on a large scale in the military. Massive boombediers were built, throwing giant boluders faster than any trebuchet. And cast iron rings made sure they didn't explode into a fireball every other time.

A new kind of sickle has been invented, it is a multi-bladed one that allows farmers to harvest wheat almost six-times faster. Allowing for more time before the wheat spoils and for the planting of bigger fields. The population in under-populated Rylonian areas explodes.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Luzvimindia wrote:
"Greetings to our dear friends, Empress Angxi of Mosuo and the Grand Chairman of the Congress of Lords of Rawhitiroa as well as other foreign dignitaries and invited guests. No doubt it has come to your attention that men from the west have arrived on Malajaya's shores. They actually attempted to build a trading post in my nation's territory but quickly disbanded it and relocated to Sumatera (Sumatra) and built a trading post there when they discovered they were building on Malajaya's soil. I have asked representatives from these people to come here and discuss their reasons for coming to our lands. They spoke in a language I have not heard even from the peoples in Arabiya (Arabia) nor from Hundi (India) which are the farthest my people have gone. These foreigners say that they come from across the Dagat-Hundi (Indian Ocean) beyond the huge continent of Kanluranin (Africa) in a land they call Eyuropa (Europe). I have not heard of this land from any of my subjects and so my first question for this meeting is, have any of you heard of this land Eyuropa?"

"My second question is, can they be trusted? The Shogun of Japan says that we can trust them for now but keep a close eye on them as they go to and fro our lands. My council and advisers say almost the same thing but they do not want these "white men" poking their noses about our lands since it could easily become a threat to our security and peace."

"My third question is quite related to my second question. If we should trust them, will we allow them to trade and explore through our lands or severely limit their incursions into Arusian waters?"

"Should you have anything to add please feel free to do so. This is an open-discussion and I hope that we can resolve disputes in a diplomatic and peaceful manner. A scribe will take down our opinions for further evaluation and as sources in future events."

▓▫The Queendom of Mosuo▫▓

摩梭

The Empress dressed in her robes was greeted by the Lakan as she gave a bow to the leader of the Malajaya. "Niyhowa. Under behalf of the Mosuo peoples, I am honored to be here amongst my fellow neighbors." she said as she greeted the Congress of Lords as well. Hearing about talks a trading post, the Empress continued to listen. Talking about them disbanding and rebuilding on Malajaya's soil, she took a quick distrust into these men. "The White man sounds suspiciously like a foregin threat. The farthest we had ever gone was the Western city of Dimishqu (Damascus), Merk, Samarkand and Toshkent. The question is, how can the Yinxiliangians (Africans) take interest in us? Aren't they all... dark skinned with rarely any hair and muscular?" The Empress was confused about these "white men". "And do these men come from the frosty north?" Then, when she heard "Eyuropa", that then struck her ears as a familiar name. "I think we had a few merchants reporting of a continent west of us..." she said remembering that Merchants traded with the Eyuropaans.

On the matter to say if they can be trusted, she just gave an automatic answer. "No." she sounded firm and very serious when she said that. Angxi sipped some tea, and begun to explain why she was strongly against it. "The White man if they threaten the security of Malajaya should not be trusted to be in either our lands or our neighbor's lands. What if these white men begin to rape our women, and sell them to slavery? In my society, women are the absolute law, and if the white man messes with our culture, we won't be Mosuo for long."

The Third question sounded similar to the second one but is more of asking to explore their lands. She shook her head. "No. I don't think the White Man should even think about exploring our lands without paying a certain thing. If they establish a trading post in our land, then that would truly intimidate not just us but also Suoxing. Suoxing could fall for the white man's influence, but I'm not saying they are welcome to take some insights. I just won't accept the white man to even step foot with their banner on our soil. After all, I'm half Uzbek, and I don't think it would appease them either."

She then had one question. "What if the White Man colonizes us? Will we fight back? Revenge?"

▓▫The Kingdom of Ukraine▫▓

1426 - Ukrainian Tohozemlya had begun to grow slowly. In the three port cities of Kvil (Tome) in Tohozemlya Central (Togo), Akidimsportev (Accra) in Tohozemlya Hana (Ghana) and Tiskapol in East Tohozemlya (Benin), the natives had begun to adapt to Ukrainian culture after they were beginning to become Ukrainianized and adopted some of their tribal languages into the Cyrillic Alphabet.
1427 - Queen Anatyla II was a bit infuriated that Northern Bilorus' was not going to be as she planned, for there was a report that the Kraanariikians are on that soil. Breathing heavily, the Queen under her dying father's heeds of not doing it, decides to write a letter of warning to Kraanariik.
To this "King" of the Kraanariik
Hm. Yes. we used "The" in your name as an insult. You realize how much trouble you are going to get into if you continue to occupy Northern Bilorus'? (Northern Belarus) Unless you want war, you are to withdraw from there, or we will have some trouble. If you heed this warning, expect Cossacks trampling you in the name of Justice, the Ukrainian Motherland, and blood splattering on your people. We wish to avoid this, but this is beginning to intimidate me and my men, for I am not as soft as my father and my other bloodline before me.

- Queen Anatyla II of Ukraine, not her soft father, Litovchenko V.

A few hours later, her father was announced dead. As a result, Anatyla II dedicated a funeral to him, and ordered to arrange one to bury him in a large slated mausoleum of stone brick. However, her mother a few minutes later was announced dead alongside her dead father after committing suicide. The queen's guard mentioned that she wanted to die alongside with Litovchenko and live with him eternally. Even though Anatyla liked the friendly relation the two had together, she couldn't remember the weakness that her father was like. She now wanted Ukraine to be strong, a world power. We know for sure, Anatyla might turn into one of the Greatest queens of all Ukrainian history.
1428-1429 - Kvil grows to become a proper port as more ships arrive to the Tohozemlya. The natives around the area begin to talk of interbreeding with Ukrainians. Some tribal members became apart of the Colonial Ukrainian's work force, but is payed less than a regular Ukrainian. However, some bosses do pay them equal wages due to the Cossack's code of Chivalry. Some of the Toholese were interested in the horses and Cossacks bought here, and possibly wish to form their own Cossack order in tohozemlya.
1430 - As Queen Anatyla II received the letter from Hassan, she only the next course of action is to do two things, one to court the prince as a husband and hold the Persian Family asylum in Kiev, and two, to ensure that Persia receives back the now Iranian Persia. This new enemy they were going to face was going to be difficult since to the south, Iran is very close to Tbilisi, and if they figured out they were still with the Persians, the city might be grounded. A concerned Anatylia quickly wrote back to the prince.
To his royal Prince of Persia,

What more can be done? The Iranians could gain more strength and attack Tbilisi. I agree to help you, but I believe the best course of action is for Ukraine to help you claim a bit more land, perhaps stretching westward towards Makedonja (Macedonia) and claim a few more ports so you can have more resources to build a navy. On a personal note, I am willing to take you to Kiev in safety, perhaps you can leave behind a prefect in Istaynus (Istanbul/Constantinople). Either or, if Persia is in dire need to rid of her Iranian brother, then allow the Motherland to do what we can.

- Queen Anatyla II of Ukraine.
Last edited by Equalium on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Bujahla wrote:
The requested funds are sent to the states as well as a variety of spices, silk, elaborate rugs from the Middle East, wheat and rice, furs from animals in Southern Africa and Asia, and many other goods from the trading ships in Estu to many other places that the Capis Merchant Guild is located.

As the goods are recieved, a letter is returned asking what needs to be done... Mediterranea is a fierce rival of Spain, and the rivalry could be easily played on.

Gold state wrote:
Alleniana wrote:[spoiler]
A letter from Razghora returns, the Aghzor saying that he will consider this, and act on it once 20,000 gold coins is sent to the League of Enner, as well as some sample goods. He also replies and agrees that it is true that Spain may not be expecting this... however, in the meantime, Razghora will continue to raid Medu-Canaanite ports and shipping.

Mangleor has refused the offer, and says that it will not leave the League of Enner, since it knows its only few compatriots and comrades are the pirates, whereas anyone else would rip it to pieces. It is, however, ready to ignore Medu-Canaanite ships for a payment.

Mellen and Gisqirt each in turn send the letters back read but unreplied to, and Pocvu expresses some interest in keeping the channel open, while Brikon doesn't ever recieve the letter due to overzealous protectors.

Meanwhile, it appears a new city is forming on the shores of the Aegean, but at the moment, it is only squabbling clans, andit is not clear who will become the hegemon of the currently chaotic area.

To the Duke of the Ke'sh,
We are, perhaps, interested in such relations. However, we would want, require, great deals of gold to keep it open and to ignore your shipping. COuld that be fulfilled?
From the League of Enner

To,The league of Enner

That gold will certainly be in your treasury soon, however if you can attack certain other nations and their ships. Then the gold would certainly flow a lot quicker into your treasury, please write back if interested.

Signed,Khalid I

To Khalid I,
We are indeed interested in anything that involves gold. What would we be required to do? We would not work against other contracts, thoguh, unless offered more.
From the League of Enner
Last edited by Alleniana on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:06 pm

A ship from afar
A fleet of 10 ships were spotted to arrive at the trading port in New Morocco. In such fright that it was an enemy fleet, reports were immediately sent to Viceroy de Saavedra of the incoming fleet. But as the Viceroy himself saw from afar the ship, they are merchant vessels from a yet-to-discover kingdom. And as he knew about flags, it was a flag from Bab Islands.

He called upon his docksmen to ready the port for their arrival. After some hours of waiting, the ships docked and the leader of the crew, their King in strange fashion, maybe considered grand for them, was welcomed by the Viceroy and the Co-Viceroys as well. Spain was the first European country to be visited by an foreign trader and a leader at the same time.

The prestige of the Peninsulas
Spain and Rilonia (Rylonia in Spanish) are enjoying the benefits of trade, diplomacy and unity. Despite differences, there is always the avenue for them to meet halfway. The Rilonians were administered of innovation, while Spain is administered with overseas trade, thanks to the hardworking and adventurous explorers and merchants of the Market Guild.

The King-Emperor knew this was not yet over. Her enemies stood just to move slowly, while Spain moves most of the world with her pleasing intelligence. The people funded to build monuments and structures unparalleled by any state in Europe. Statues of kings pointing East and West were the new attractions by any foreign visitor, literature and education rose rapidly to its quality and elegance, technology was never stagnant but growing, and science accommodated warfare and military strategy.

Expansion of New Morocco
They now called it "the walking land-grabbing" strategy. Instead of just attacking in surprise, the Spanish forces will just walk through a settlement and place flags over their soil and declare the settlement a Spanish domain. If people resisted, they will be killed. This strategy was primary one to consider.

Next, they can just "give hell in the desert" strategy. Similar to what the Spanish did in their invaded settlements, they hailed cannonballs and gunpowder over a besieged settlement, but de San Sebastian II implied that this strategy works best in larger cities, protected with either palisades or stone walls.

Ferdinand seeks no war, but if they insist...
Everything was generally at peace, except in expansion of course. The prosperous trade and commerce at the ports of Spain gave her an abundance she never had before since the Kingdom of Castile. With this, the Royal Treasury and the trade councilors and merchants of the Market Guild stored large amounts of funds and gold for 'safekeeping'. The King permitted it, as it has a valid reason why funds must be kept and debts be paid.

He reiterated to his court that no war shall ensue, given that Rilonia submitted under Spanish terms of autonomous vassalage. The King however knew that war broils speedily. The people shall know it in a right time and place.

A newly-cemented Alliance
After talks with Dacian diplomats, leaders and delegates in the court of Dacia with Castilian-born Spanish diplomats, the two nations agreed to be a firm alliance that connived with their history of struggle for a better world. Many years ago, Dacia was an indirect ally of Castile in its conquest for Reclamacion. After the Rylonians submitted to conditions of Voldovins and Dacians, the Castilians were supported by the Dacians from afar. Trade relations started years since the Castilian-Rylonian War with Dacia.

And now that Spain is formed and expanded, Rylonia a Spanish protectorate, with Elmet and Ukraine as allies, and a new alliance with Dacia formed, this ushered on what was called the "First Golden Age" for the Empire of the Spanish.

Secretly-In-Character:
Spymasters

They are everywhere. They knew what you did, and they will if they don't. They can hear the whispers of the halls, they can understand letters and messenger despite unreading them, they can even walk unnoticed. And they are the ones who carry orders of assassination and sabotage in settlements they chose. They whisper to the king's ears of reports, speculations and suspicions. Spanish spies are considered scouts of the world. They can see what others can't, no matter how skillful they showcase themselves. A simple phrase for them is: "The shadow that lights a new world".
Last edited by Quirina on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Equalium wrote:
To this "King" of the Kraanariik
Hm. Yes. we used "The" in your name as an insult. You realize how much trouble you are going to get into if you continue to occupy Northern Bilorus'? (Northern Belarus) Unless you want war, you are to withdraw from there, or we will have some trouble. If you heed this warning, expect Cossacks trampling you in the name of Justice, the Ukrainian Motherland, and blood splattering on your people. We wish to avoid this, but this is beginning to intimidate me and my men, for I am not as soft as my father and my other bloodline before me.

- Queen Anatyla II of Ukraine, not her soft father, Litovchenko V.

Ottlossi, Kraanariik

Marius was just kneeing down in front of an altar at the Temple of Ônna as a messenger disturbed his prayers. "What do you want?", the King asked noticably annoyed and raised from the ground. "Sir! Ukraine has contacted us! They want Northern Bilorus in exchange for peace", the messenger reported and stepped back. With fast step King marius walked to the outside of the temple, where he read the letter. "...And they will receive it peacefully. But we're not going to be the ones that will be splattered with blood", he answered and laughed loudly. Then he and the messenger walked into Royal Palais, where the King wrote a letter. "Here, bring this to the commander", he said and pushed the letter into the chest of the messenger, who immediately went off to inform the commander.

Some days later the messenger reached the commander at the border to Bakarus, which was heavily guarded after the last war. "Commander! A message from the King!", he reported and handed the letter over. The Commander read a little and shook his head. "I have seen a lot things, but tell me, is he serious?", the commander asked and put the letter away. "Yes, Sir", the messenger answered and left the tent after being sent away. Shocked the commander walked to some of his men. "Men, mount your horses and travel to the Southern villages along the new Bilorussian provinces", he ordered. "I will follow any minute.."

And the did so. In a huge, final operation in these lands they surrounded a whole four of five villages. In every village they forced the men to demontage the wooden defenses and craft them into large and sharp pales. Then they ordered the women and any childs to gather outside. While the men still crafted, they were being massacred in a bloody way, one after another. Once the pales were finished, they also killed the men, but even more brutal, so the bodies could almost not being recognized. As final step they had to impale all the women and throw the other corpses in front of the pales. It was a horrific view and even ome of the tough Kraanarian soldiers puked, but order was order. And so they left again with a subtle sign: The mother on top of her dying childs.

To: Queen Anatyla II of Katyusha

Why such harsh words, my Lady? Such a diplomatic nations as ours will of course allow such a deal and give you those worthless lands. But be aware this will be our last favour after you insulted us like that. Though you could have probably figured that out on your own if you got to hear of our Goodbye to Northern Bilorusia. In deepest anger,

King Marius I.

Uragarr
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Uragarr » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Luzvimindia wrote:Nakumura

OOC: I'll just double back on Nakumura's post. This happened in 1266.

The Madjayi ambassadors who stayed in Nakumura until the new emperor was able to settle down, agreed to the trading agreement between the Madjayi Confederation and the Empire of Nakumura. After the ambassadors signed the trade treaty, they soon returned to Madjayi to tell the Lakan what had happened. The Lakan was satisfied with the clauses of the trading agreement and he sent a letter of thanks and condolences to the new Emperor. He hoped that this would be the beginning of new and fruitful relationship between the Madjayi Confederation and the Empire of Nakumura.

The Meeting

OOC: To Equalium and Uragarr, time will be slow for this meeting until it is officially adjourned. FYI this meeting was held in the middle months of 1424. I will also ask questions that you may answer in one post so that we can wrap it up as quickly as possible but you guys are free to add your own insights.

Empress Angxi of the Queendom of Mosuo was the first to arrive, nearly two months after the letter was sent. The Grand Chairman of the Congress of Lords of the Empire of Rawhitiroa arrived a week later to represent Emperor Tipata I of Rawhitiroa. Lakan Salamat Layikalawa was glad that Malajaya's old friends had arrived to discuss the arrival of these foreigners to the continent of Arusia (Asia). Despite not having arrived, the Shogun of Japan had sent a letter giving his opinions on the matter and this will also be discussed as part of the meeting with the Empress and the Grand Chairman. The meeting was set to begin in two days time, for now the Lakan prepared some questions he would ask to begin the meeting and to make sure that dialogue would continue until all the issues are resolved.

Two days later, the Lakan walked through the halls of the palace to the meeting room. As he entered all the dignitaries and other members of the Lakan's court rose and he bid them all to take their seats. And so, the meeting began.

"Greetings to our dear friends, Empress Angxi of Mosuo and the Grand Chairman of the Congress of Lords of Rawhitiroa as well as other foreign dignitaries and invited guests. No doubt it has come to your attention that men from the west have arrived on Malajaya's shores. They actually attempted to build a trading post in my nation's territory but quickly disbanded it and relocated to Sumatera (Sumatra) and built a trading post there when they discovered they were building on Malajaya's soil. I have asked representatives from these people to come here and discuss their reasons for coming to our lands. They spoke in a language I have not heard even from the peoples in Arabiya (Arabia) nor from Hundi (India) which are the farthest my people have gone. These foreigners say that they come from across the Dagat-Hundi (Indian Ocean) beyond the huge continent of Kanluranin (Africa) in a land they call Eyuropa (Europe). I have not heard of this land from any of my subjects and so my first question for this meeting is, have any of you heard of this land Eyuropa?"

"My second question is, can they be trusted? The Shogun of Japan says that we can trust them for now but keep a close eye on them as they go to and fro our lands. My council and advisers say almost the same thing but they do not want these "white men" poking their noses about our lands since it could easily become a threat to our security and peace."

"My third question is quite related to my second question. If we should trust them, will we allow them to trade and explore through our lands or severely limit their incursions into Arusian waters?"

"Should you have anything to add please feel free to do so. This is an open-discussion and I hope that we can resolve disputes in a diplomatic and peaceful manner. A scribe will take down our opinions for further evaluation and as sources in future events."

Settlers and Traders

Groups of settlers and traders from the territories of Malajaya in Tangway-Malaya (Malay Peninsula) and in Timujaya (Borneo) move into the uncontrolled lands bordering the Lakanate. Slowly, trading posts and towns are established in Pahang, Pilakjayi (Perak) and the southwestern part of Timujaya. The local populace, having long bordered the Lakanate of Malajaya, were very friendly to the new settlers and traders due to their cultural similarities. The previous Lakans also aided the populace in times of strife and soon they developed strong bonds with the Lakanate. However, local leaders that have been jealous for nearly the same amount of time at the successes of the Lakanate of Malajaya, harass and pillage the trading posts and towns of the Malajaya settlers. The situation got out of hand and Lakan Salamat II had to form militia to counter the attacks of the local tribal leaders but promised the populace that Malajaya will not interfere with their domestic politics, only protect the interests of the Malajayan people.

At The Conference
The Grand Chairman listened closely during Empress Angxi's speech, he knew the emperor would approve of her conservative position. Once she had sat down the Chairman stood and began to speak:

"Greetings to you, noble Lakan Salamat Layikalawa, you have our thanks for hosting this meeting to address the issue that plagues us so greatly and also to you, Empress Angxi, though we have never come into contact with your people before, we have heard tales of your nations unique culture and ideology. My emperor gives his apologies that he could not attend and hopes he may visit diplomatically at a later date."

All necessary formalities aside the Chairman consulted his notes and began to speak:
"On the first question the Lakan has proposed, the Empire of Rawhitiroa is not experienced in such matters, we are well travelled within the region of the Pacifc, yes, but even our best merchants have never been as far as this mystical land you speak of. They come from such a distant land we can know nothing about the climate, geography, or culture of their region. As such we must attempt to learn more about the situation in this "Eyuropa" to aid us in knowing more of the foreigners.

"On your second question and third questions, my Emperor and myself both share the belief that these white men should not be trusted, let me explain. When an ant discovers the carcass of a moa it picks small pieces of flesh off, maybe explores small areas of its surface, however on its own is of no threat to the carcass, but when the ant leaves to tell the rest of its colony of this great source of food, more start to arrive, millions swarming over the carcass, stripping away at its flesh until nothing is left. Our lands are the moa, if we let some of the foreigner ants arrive and establish small trading posts that is all fine and good, but what can be next, settlements, cities, colonies? To deal with this threat two options are open, one, simply banish all white men from the region and enforce the rule with a military coalition. However this solution has some disadvantages, despite the threat, the white men are an opportunity for lucrative trade. To take advantage of this, a second option is open to us, choose a single island, perhaps in the Indonesian archipelago, and allow the white men to construct what they wish on its surface. All trade will be conducted through this island, and they will be prevented from settling else where with joint military force. These are the only options open to us, and we must all agree on the solution. Because if one nation consents to letting the white men in, our entire coalition will crumble.

I ask both kingdoms sincerely to consider the advice of my emperor and make an educated and beneficial choice"

With this the Chairman sat down and awaited the response of the other nations.
Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 pm

The Territory of Raegendar
Five Years Later...

It had been a good five years for the little territory, Aggoras' first step was installing a stabilized economy using the Ostyrlonian unit of currency, the Silbern. He received many of these initial funds from Ostyrlonian grants, but most of the income had come from selling the weapons that had been made during the war effort. Using this income, he founded a treasury based off the ones he seen on his trips to continental Ostyrlonia and was set to be complete in a few years. He also diverted a third of this income into founding the Academy of Raegan, which would serve to educate the people of Raegendar in both basic skills and upper education. These building projects would take a few years to complete, but hopefully when they were complete Aggoras could begin the process of supplying education to the masses, which is what he believed was the next step for his people.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Gold state
Minister

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gold state » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 am

The soldiers have conquered some of the parts of Aaegypt which show no signs of civilisation, which is good for all of the colonists who wish for a new life away from the homeland. Many nations has claims in Aaegypt. But they have not been found yet.
Support Palestine, against the Israeli terrorism.
RIP, the Palestinians and Jews murdered by the IDF and Hamas.
14, Years old, British and Awesome
I like pokemon, so what?
I am Autistic

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:51 am

Equalium wrote:

摩梭

The Empress dressed in her robes was greeted by the Lakan as she gave a bow to the leader of the Malajaya. "Niyhowa. Under behalf of the Mosuo peoples, I am honored to be here amongst my fellow neighbors." she said as she greeted the Congress of Lords as well. Hearing about talks a trading post, the Empress continued to listen. Talking about them disbanding and rebuilding on Malajaya's soil, she took a quick distrust into these men. "The White man sounds suspiciously like a foregin threat. The farthest we had ever gone was the Western city of Dimishqu (Damascus), Merk, Samarkand and Toshkent. The question is, how can the Yinxiliangians (Africans) take interest in us? Aren't they all... dark skinned with rarely any hair and muscular?" The Empress was confused about these "white men". "And do these men come from the frosty north?" Then, when she heard "Eyuropa", that then struck her ears as a familiar name. "I think we had a few merchants reporting of a continent west of us..." she said remembering that Merchants traded with the Eyuropaans.

On the matter to say if they can be trusted, she just gave an automatic answer. "No." she sounded firm and very serious when she said that. Angxi sipped some tea, and begun to explain why she was strongly against it. "The White man if they threaten the security of Malajaya should not be trusted to be in either our lands or our neighbor's lands. What if these white men begin to rape our women, and sell them to slavery? In my society, women are the absolute law, and if the white man messes with our culture, we won't be Mosuo for long."

The Third question sounded similar to the second one but is more of asking to explore their lands. She shook her head. "No. I don't think the White Man should even think about exploring our lands without paying a certain thing. If they establish a trading post in our land, then that would truly intimidate not just us but also Suoxing. Suoxing could fall for the white man's influence, but I'm not saying they are welcome to take some insights. I just won't accept the white man to even step foot with their banner on our soil. After all, I'm half Uzbek, and I don't think it would appease them either."

She then had one question. "What if the White Man colonizes us? Will we fight back? Revenge?"

Uragarr wrote:At The Conference
The Grand Chairman listened closely during Empress Angxi's speech, he knew the emperor would approve of her conservative position. Once she had sat down the Chairman stood and began to speak:

"Greetings to you, noble Lakan Salamat Layikalawa, you have our thanks for hosting this meeting to address the issue that plagues us so greatly and also to you, Empress Angxi, though we have never come into contact with your people before, we have heard tales of your nations unique culture and ideology. My emperor gives his apologies that he could not attend and hopes he may visit diplomatically at a later date."

All necessary formalities aside the Chairman consulted his notes and began to speak:
"On the first question the Lakan has proposed, the Empire of Rawhitiroa is not experienced in such matters, we are well travelled within the region of the Pacifc, yes, but even our best merchants have never been as far as this mystical land you speak of. They come from such a distant land we can know nothing about the climate, geography, or culture of their region. As such we must attempt to learn more about the situation in this "Eyuropa" to aid us in knowing more of the foreigners.

"On your second question and third questions, my Emperor and myself both share the belief that these white men should not be trusted, let me explain. When an ant discovers the carcass of a moa it picks small pieces of flesh off, maybe explores small areas of its surface, however on its own is of no threat to the carcass, but when the ant leaves to tell the rest of its colony of this great source of food, more start to arrive, millions swarming over the carcass, stripping away at its flesh until nothing is left. Our lands are the moa, if we let some of the foreigner ants arrive and establish small trading posts that is all fine and good, but what can be next, settlements, cities, colonies? To deal with this threat two options are open, one, simply banish all white men from the region and enforce the rule with a military coalition. However this solution has some disadvantages, despite the threat, the white men are an opportunity for lucrative trade. To take advantage of this, a second option is open to us, choose a single island, perhaps in the Indonesian archipelago, and allow the white men to construct what they wish on its surface. All trade will be conducted through this island, and they will be prevented from settling else where with joint military force. These are the only options open to us, and we must all agree on the solution. Because if one nation consents to letting the white men in, our entire coalition will crumble.

I ask both kingdoms sincerely to consider the advice of my emperor and make an educated and beneficial choice"

With this the Chairman sat down and awaited the response of the other nations.

The Meeting, Cont.

The Lakan was listening intently as the Empress of Mosuo, followed by the Rawhitiroan Chairman, said their pieces and opinions on the matter at hand. After both have said their pieces, the Lakan stood up and replied, taking note of the points the dignitaries have said.

"Thank you for your honest and frank opinions on the matter. It is of great help that we can speak freely and equally about our ideas and through this, hopefully find a solution to this issue. So, I just wish to make a clarification, these foreigners disbanded their trading post ON Malajaya's soil when they discovered they were building in a controlled area, they rebuilt this trading post somewhere else, outside of Malajaya's territories, in the island of Sumatera (Sumatra) to the south. Moving on, I believe that we are of one-mind with this issue and that is we must remain cautious and watch the activities of these foreigners very closely. To answer the Empress' question, I have not heard of any goals of colonizing our lands by these 'white men' but the metaphor of the Rawhitiroan Chairman may be right. Right now they could just be seeking to trade but once they know of the value of our lands, they may seek to take it from under us and under our peoples' noses. Therefore, yes, as members of a military coalition that we have established through this meeting, should one member be attacked or colonized by any of these foreigners, the other members of the coalition will take it as if their own realms were attacked or colonized. Each member shall rush to defend one another, only then can we possibly hope to defeat the onslaught, should the Eyuropans decide to colonize our lands."

The Lakan paused, took a sip of water from a cup made from porcelain, then continued his speech.

"Now, as I speak for the royal court and people of Malajaya, I would like to give our own opinions on this matter and let me say that, we are divided in this issue. Some believe that this strange turn of events will be very beneficial for the economy of the nation. Others believe that they are a threat to the sovereignty of our realms. However, personally, I may agree fully with the Rawhitiroan Chairman and partly with the Empress. We cannot fully trust the 'white men' but we can allow them to trade with us under a very close watch by our combined military forces. Should they slip up, even once, severe repercussions must be demanded from them to protect our realms' security. I believe that we must establish a clear set of regulations so that the foreigners will know what we expect of them. And so, to begin, I propose the following clauses for the regulations, please feel free to add, edit or remove any clause should you see fit to do so.

Code: Select all
1. Foreign activities will be limited to the town of Kutadatu (Banda Aceh) and the surrounding islands of Nasipulo (Nasi Island), Brueupulo (Brueuh Island) and Wepulo (We Island).
2. The foreign trading post at Kutadatu will be guarded and supervised by the combined military forces of the Queendom of Mosuo, Empire of Rawhitiroa, Kagakura Shogunate and the Lakanate of Malajaya.
3. No more than 200 foreign troops may be stationed at Kutadatu at any time.
4. Foreign trading ships bound for Arusian (Asian) ports must stop-over at the port of Malakajayi (Malacca) for inspection by representatives from the realms stated in 2).
5. Foreign Purpose-built Military Ships must report to the Admiral-Representative of the coalition at Kutadatu, prior to entering Arusian waters.
6. Exploration is strictly forbidden, beyond the island of Sumatera (Sumatra). Should any exploration ship be spotted outside of the island waters of Sumatera, they will be boarded, crew detained and the ship will be escorted back to Kutadatu. Should the exploration ship's crew not allow the coalition's ships' crew to board, the exploration ship will be sunk.
Republic of Luzvimindia

Non-nation related Roleplays
1500: Brave New World as The Colony of Nueva Aragón
History of Empires as The Kingdom of Medar

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 am

The Aceh trading post

The Far India Company is a rising success after the Mediterranean Company accidentally had undergone their plans and projects to be fit for the economy of the growing empire. The dock was filled with goods from both East and West. The crew and the port officials thought that they are standing at the middleground of the two worlds, the Known and the New.

A new policy in the Aceh port was implemented to assure that Spanish trading is hands-cleaned from any future hostile action. Each time a Spanish ship docks to Aceh port to distribute trading goods to Malajaya or to Nishina, to Nakumura or to any Asiatic nation, it will be disarmed with guns and cannons, small arms and reserve no space for weapons to be carried on board. But there were five carracks that were really meant for the crew's protection. The docked carracks were armed with guns and heavy pounded cannons, with lots of hand cannons, arquebuses, and other ranged and melee weapons that were maintained and docked at the port of Aceh for the port's own security purposes as well. The ships were there since they were part of the exploration fleet that the Company hired.
Last edited by Quirina on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:04 am

Raegendar
Ten Years since Ostyrlonian occupation...

The Academy of Raegan has been completed about six months ahead of schedule, and the citizens of Raegendar were already reaping it's rewards. Basic classes that taught simple skills such as farming and cooking were free to enroll, while more advanced classes such as mathematics and economics being paid by either barter or the newly installed currency. The treasury building had not collected any taxes yet, and thus the size of it still shrunk, nevertheless, Aggoras understood the time to invest was now. He ordered the construction of granaries and plantations in the plains to the South of the city, while simultaneously opening portions of the hills and mountains to the west for mining. Excess supplies would be used to construct a road leading from Raegan to a port city to be built down by the sea, and then from there Raegan could finally open trade with the rest of the World. The only question would be if Aggoras could survive to see it completed.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Equalium
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalium » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 am

Luzvimindia wrote:The Meeting, Cont.

The Lakan was listening intently as the Empress of Mosuo, followed by the Rawhitiroan Chairman, said their pieces and opinions on the matter at hand. After both have said their pieces, the Lakan stood up and replied, taking note of the points the dignitaries have said.

"Thank you for your honest and frank opinions on the matter. It is of great help that we can speak freely and equally about our ideas and through this, hopefully find a solution to this issue. So, I just wish to make a clarification, these foreigners disbanded their trading post ON Malajaya's soil when they discovered they were building in a controlled area, they rebuilt this trading post somewhere else, outside of Malajaya's territories, in the island of Sumatera (Sumatra) to the south. Moving on, I believe that we are of one-mind with this issue and that is we must remain cautious and watch the activities of these foreigners very closely. To answer the Empress' question, I have not heard of any goals of colonizing our lands by these 'white men' but the metaphor of the Rawhitiroan Chairman may be right. Right now they could just be seeking to trade but once they know of the value of our lands, they may seek to take it from under us and under our peoples' noses. Therefore, yes, as members of a military coalition that we have established through this meeting, should one member be attacked or colonized by any of these foreigners, the other members of the coalition will take it as if their own realms were attacked or colonized. Each member shall rush to defend one another, only then can we possibly hope to defeat the onslaught, should the Eyuropans decide to colonize our lands."

The Lakan paused, took a sip of water from a cup made from porcelain, then continued his speech.

"Now, as I speak for the royal court and people of Malajaya, I would like to give our own opinions on this matter and let me say that, we are divided in this issue. Some believe that this strange turn of events will be very beneficial for the economy of the nation. Others believe that they are a threat to the sovereignty of our realms. However, personally, I may agree fully with the Rawhitiroan Chairman and partly with the Empress. We cannot fully trust the 'white men' but we can allow them to trade with us under a very close watch by our combined military forces. Should they slip up, even once, severe repercussions must be demanded from them to protect our realms' security. I believe that we must establish a clear set of regulations so that the foreigners will know what we expect of them. And so, to begin, I propose the following clauses for the regulations, please feel free to add, edit or remove any clause should you see fit to do so.

1. Foreign activities will be limited to the town of Kutadatu (Banda Aceh) and the surrounding islands of Nasipulo (Nasi Island), Brueupulo (Brueuh Island) and Wepulo (We Island).
2. The foreign trading post at Kutadatu will be guarded and supervised by the combined military forces of the Queendom of Mosuo, Empire of Rawhitiroa, Kagakura Shogunate and the Lakanate of Malajaya.
4. Foreign trading ships bound for Arusian (Asian) ports must stop-over at the port of Malakajayi (Malacca) for inspection by representatives from the realms stated in 2).
5. Foreign Purpose-built Military Ships must report to the Admiral-Representative of the coalition at Kutadatu, prior to entering Arusian waters.
6. Exploration is strictly forbidden, beyond the island of Sumatera (Sumatra). Should any exploration ship be spotted outside of the island waters of Sumatera, they will be boarded, crew detained and the ship will be escorted back to Kutadatu. Should the exploration ship's crew not allow the coalition's ships' crew to board, the exploration ship will be sunk.

摩梭

Listening to the terms, the Empress begun to hear them one by one, as he spoke of the terms. Listening carefully, she then spoke, "The trading ports sound good to me. Indeed." She then heard about the port at Kutadatu was to be supervised by all four countries, which she asked, "How about Suoxing? They too are technically a country, but I still rule it, just that the have specificy automoty of their own." She then heard the rest, which she agreed fully, but then grow a concern. "What if the White Man colonized the areas near Rawhitiroa, what would we do then? Would it be war against all four of us?"

She then thought of one more term. "and my last proposal for a term,
7. The White Man will pay an extra tax if they do manage to trade with any of our nations. We have the right to raise or lower the taxes.
Another condition, and this is for my nation,
8. The White Man if he does get married to a Mosuoite woman, must understand his position as a husband. He is to not attempt to change any part of the law that would break conditions. The Woman would have a right to whip him 20 lashes if he is to disobey a custom."

The Empress was extremely strict about this too.

▓▫The Kingdom of Ukraine▫▓

30 Miles from Mins'k - 1427
The soldiers who were approaching Northern Bilorus' could not believe their very eyes towards the brutaltiy of what had happened. As a scout saw what was happening of their people. He begun to claim that impaled innocent women and killed all of the men. Writing, and repoting this back to General Vladimir Kiyaknochenko, he was extremely appaled and disgusted, until finally, he couldn't wait much longer. "To slaughter the innocents, and to cause such a catastrophy like this is unforgiveable!" he said as he drew out his sword in fury. "To war! We shall slice these heathens and purge Northern Bilorus' from these "Kraanariik" peoples!" with the order to attack withotu the Queens orders, the men begun to charge forward and into the region of Northern Bilorus', beginning a war that was not proposed yet by the Queen.

However, it was just as the queen predicted a few weeks after the order to charge north, and how she got the letter from the messenger who had came from Kraanariik. Getting up from her throne, she stated, "Hand me my sword. It was foolish for Kiyaknochenko to charge forward by himself. We too shall join along with. I can no longer speak with savages like King Marius. If he wants war, he'll get war. And I'll show no mercy towards him either." After this was said, it was official. Ukraine had declared war on the Kraanariik (Kraanariik), and Anatyla would march to Northern Bilorus' with her personal 2,000 Imperial Cossacks, 300 Elite Arquebusies, 30 Ballistas and 500 Imperial Pikemen.

Kvil - 1430
Meanwhille, Ukrainian Tohozemlya grows even further as Ukraine gains more influence there. The main area of Tohozemlya had begun the first sessions of African Cossacks being trained. More and more trade develops importing to Ukraine various metals such as Gold, Tin, Gems, and a few sorts of Sugar.
Last edited by Equalium on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equalium - Where Feminism Gone Wrong.
Frisivisia wrote:
Libertarian California wrote:
Rome = 21st Century America.

Therefore, New York will be sacked by northern barbarians.
I knew those damn Canucks were up to something. We'll send a Legion to Buffalo immediately.
Ralnis wrote:Hey, don't mock Glove World, it is the underwater version of Disney World.

Alleniana wrote:Nukes are for noobs, diplomacy is where it's at.
Factbook • Embassy • Other Nations

Former Ukraine and Mosuo in History of Man. (FINISHED)
Belkegin/Belgium and Otveta in History of Empires.
Vote for TRUE Crimean separation!

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Baltic Company suspends trade with Kranaariik,
but no war declaration intended

The merchants were frightened of the war that will happen again that will mess up the trade cycle in the Baltic. The Company predicted that it will be a war of coalitions. To avoid such conflict, the Market Guild's Master-General ordered the merchants in Kranaariik to be pulled out and temporarily close all businesses and ports of the Baltic Company in the said country. The merchants however, left a letter to their ruler that they shall return to good business after the war.

Hastily and shouts of "Apurante!" were heard all over the place. Papers and documents of treaties and agreements with local markets of the country began to be piled up and placed with the boxes of items and office tools. Maps were being peeled off from the walls. The busy ports became a blank area full of planks and houses of simple wooden architecture as the merchant ships left the port, with all their goods and crew. For the meantime, they redirect their course and joined at the group of merchants at Bakarus to help them build their new port there.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Graknopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Graknopia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Quirina wrote:A ship from afar
A fleet of 10 ships were spotted to arrive at the trading port in New Morocco. In such fright that it was an enemy fleet, reports were immediately sent to Viceroy de Saavedra of the incoming fleet. But as the Viceroy himself saw from afar the ship, they are merchant vessels from a yet-to-discover kingdom. And as he knew about flags, it was a flag from Bab Islands.

He called upon his docksmen to ready the port for their arrival. After some hours of waiting, the ships docked and the leader of the crew, their King in strange fashion, maybe considered grand for them, was welcomed by the Viceroy and the Co-Viceroys as well. Spain was the first European country to be visited by an foreign trader and a leader at the same time.
---Snipped the rest--

Throne-Master Quinn I, (Or King Quinn I) looked around upon setting foot on the dock. He spoke to the Viceroy of his purpose of coming to this fine port through a translator who had picked up the language from traders. "Hello, I am Throne-Master Quinn I. I have come here to discuss business. I understand you all have a fine desire for trade, and we do aswell! We would be willing to setup long term trade agreements between us if you find that most pleasing." The King went on, "You have had the glory of of visiting our homeland, and we would like the glory to visit yours aswell! We request, if possible, that the workers repair our ship and re-fill it with supplies for a voyage north.. We will gladly pay for this in gold, double what this would normally be." The king smiles and waited for a response.
2% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 98% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Uragarr
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Uragarr » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Equalium wrote:
Luzvimindia wrote:The Meeting, Cont.

摩梭

Listening to the terms, the Empress begun to hear them one by one, as he spoke of the terms. Listening carefully, she then spoke, "The trading ports sound good to me. Indeed." She then heard about the port at Kutadatu was to be supervised by all four countries, which she asked, "How about Suoxing? They too are technically a country, but I still rule it, just that the have specificy automoty of their own." She then heard the rest, which she agreed fully, but then grow a concern. "What if the White Man colonized the areas near Rawhitiroa, what would we do then? Would it be war against all four of us?"

7. The White Man will pay an extra tax if they do manage to trade with any of our nations. We have the right to raise or lower the taxes.
8. The White Man if he does get married to a Mosuoite woman, must understand his position as a husband. He is to not attempt to change any part of the law that would break conditions. The Woman would have a right to whip him 20 lashes if he is to disobey a custom."

After the empress had finished talking the Grand Chairman rose once again to speak.

"I find the clauses the Lakan has described to be very reasonable, however I believe a few additions are needed, before I propose these however I will address the concerns and amendments the empress has provided. I find the idea of an extra tax to be a fair idea and I can see no issue with it. And I also believe the proposed clause number eight should be extended to say that the "white men" will be subject to all the laws and customs of the coalition nations, they will be able to practice their religions in secret however they will be forbidden from converting our people. Also if a white man or woman seeks to marry one of our citizens, the nation that governs that citizen will have the right to prevent the marriage. The empress also stated that Suxong should have its own representatives in the coalition, that will have to be discussed with representatives from Suxong itself. The empress has also expressed concern at the idea of offering aid to Rawhitiroa in the event of an attack. All members of the coalition will provide aid to all other members, in exchange for help from Mosou we will also provide you with aid, it is a fair and equal arrangement."

The chairman paused and took a breath before continuing with his rhetoric.

"Now onto my own proposed changes to the agreement, I propose a clause number nine, stating that if any nation of white men attempts to purchase land from a member of the coalition, then the nation that has received the offer of purchase or trade will not have the authority to accept at its own accord and the matter must be put before the comity of representatives before being approved. This will prevent the white men from obtaining land by peaceful means. I also propose clause number ten, all foreign and native peoples returning from contact with white men, or being white men themselves be placed under quarantine and inspection before returning to the mainlands of the coalition. Let me explain, I am sure the Lakan will remember the "Plague of the Moa" and how it ripped through the population of Papua, we cannot know what similar plagues these white men, or their animals for that matter, may pass on to us, plagues we will have never come into contact with before and have no knowledge of medicine for them. The proposed measures of quarantine and inspection will allow us to learn more about them and will also hopefully stop the spread of disease. Finally the "Kakagura Shogunate," a nation that has not turned up to this meeting and yet you talk of including them in the coalition without asking their permission first, we must meet with them to hear their opinions before forcing them into a coalition they know nothing of, however this complaint is minor and unimportant. Please consider what I have said for you today."
Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Graknopia wrote:
Quirina wrote:A ship from afar

---Snipped the rest--

Throne-Master Quinn I, (Or King Quinn I) looked around upon setting foot on the dock. He spoke to the Viceroy of his purpose of coming to this fine port through a translator who had picked up the language from traders. "Hello, I am Throne-Master Quinn I. I have come here to discuss business. I understand you all have a fine desire for trade, and we do aswell! We would be willing to setup long term trade agreements between us if you find that most pleasing." The King went on, "You have had the glory of of visiting our homeland, and we would like the glory to visit yours aswell! We request, if possible, that the workers repair our ship and re-fill it with supplies for a voyage north.. We will gladly pay for this in gold, double what this would normally be." The king smiles and waited for a response.

New Morocco port
"Ah! Perfecto! We are very glad that you received our merchants very well. Follow me and I'll tour you around our sunny place." The Viceroy, along with the Throne-Master and their retinues, walked around the city, while the Viceroy points out the most attractive places there. He introduced the Cathedral of La Santissima y Serenisima Fe, the first Cathedral built from combined sand stones and European church-building materials that was built in Africa, and the first and only one with such large size, the Government Hall that adopted the combined Classical and European standards of architecture, the water mill, that lets the ocean waters enter the irrigation systems of the harsh desert conditions, and the Arsenal de la Morocco Nueva, one of Spain's largest military arsenal ever built, containing lots of weapons and artillery for the Spanish military presence in New Morocco. The tour ended up in the Government Hall, where the trade agreements will be made.

"Here is the list of our trading good and the number of nations within our trading sphere, and here is the number of our allies. All you need to this is to read it through your translator and sign the agreement." He smiled after such pleasing words.

Spanish Mediterranean and
the "Lanternas" Project

The light vessel anchored by the Mediterranean company was being lifted, the net gatekeeping the Strait was released and left afloat and the group of ships transferred to a new location while another group of ships consisting of a large floating lighthouse and 70 armed merchant vessels sailed to the Tangiers point and anchored themselves there to wait for the earlier light vessel group to form a new gate there, using nets to gate keep the Strait. This time, they now only tax any ship passing there 20% of the original tax being fined to voyagers (say the original price was 1,000 gold coins, and 50% discount was only intended for allied nations and selected nations. Now the new original tax was reduced to 20% for non-trading ships and trading ships are given free pass) to help accommodate ships on their hasty way to pass the Strait.

The project clearly abandoned the Gates of Gibraltar project and the Mediterranean company assumed larger control over the Strait through Spain's sheer military presence in Africa, the growing Mediterranean trade of Rilonia and Epirus-Macedon ports and the prosperous trade with Asiatic states.

Secretly-In-Character:
Don't let anyone get through our roads!

This was the orders of Co-Viceroy de San Sebastian as he gathered intelligence reports about the meet-up of the UTD leaders and the governor of Meladu. And in order to enforce security measures, he opened checkpoints in all roads crossing to New Morocco and reach to Meladu, built wooden barricades that border UTD and New Morocco, and appointed more soldiers to guard the defenses.

This was just the primary steps of de San Sebastian to deter relations of UTD with UMM, seeing that it was Spain's ways. But Co-Viceroy de las Alas have something in mind.

Using the power of Spain at a worldly scale, he then sent ambassadors to negotiate trade and closer friendly relations with the United Tribal Dominion. He ordered his ambassadors to know their language by consulting the natives working for Spain as employees of the government and bring them as witnesses for the greater offer of Spain for UTD's prosperity beyond the bloody past the two nations encountered with each other. He is still in doubt that UTD will accept Spain's terms but if the formula is proven strong, then Castilian-born diplomacy supremacy theory will become a breakthrough in international politics.

Mastering the Armada

There were currently nineteen "major-class" fleets (with each having 4 carracks, 16 caravels and 30 cogs) already commissioned to service after a few months of construction, though the Rilonian navy has her own fifteen fleets, and both Navies are advancing in numbers. And another four more "major-class" Spanish fleets are being added on queue to be built, with one of which is an "Grand Armada-class" fleet (having 1 grand carrack, 15 carracks, 52 caravels and 80 cogs). The fleets and to be built ones are and will be armed with heavy cannons and mortars. Such expense and upkeep can now be maintained by the Royal Treasury, which treasures expand by time and effort of trade in the world.

Currently, the Spanish was known for its daring voyages at the Asiatic and must now be known as the reckoning force in the Mediterranean.
Last edited by Quirina on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 pm

In Razghora, standing in the public square, a town crier with eagerly awaited news was about to announce something.
"Fellow friends, comrades, and strangers!"
The crowd cheered a little as a rowdy one like it was apt to do with any provocation, especially considering the alcohol serving inns in the area.
"The League of Enner, as it stands as one, has chosen it's friend!"
The crowd made noise again, but not much. Even so, he allowed for it, seeming a little overdramatic. The more experienced and knowledged ones knew that payment had been made, but others thought the League of merely allying, which had caused some slight stirs of dissatisfaction, but not enough to be more news than the pirate who had discovered islands in the outer seas.
"The League of Enner and its members, henceforth, will put its naval forces and strength at the disposal of the United Monarchies of Mediteranea, against the Kingdom of Spain and its subordinates and allies, including the Empire of Rylonia!"
The crowd broke into some applause, but not much. They knew they would get more details about who it was illegal to raid later, and as such, they weren't particularly enthused, except amongst betters and those who wanted to raid either of them. After some other talking and shouting by the announcer, much, even most of the crowd dispersed into the city streets.

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:45 am

Equalium wrote:
Luzvimindia wrote:

摩梭

Uragarr wrote:After the empress had finished talking the Grand Chairman rose once again to speak.

"I find the clauses the Lakan has described to be very reasonable, however I believe a few additions are needed, before I propose these however I will address the concerns and amendments the empress has provided. I find the idea of an extra tax to be a fair idea and I can see no issue with it. And I also believe the proposed clause number eight should be extended to say that the "white men" will be subject to all the laws and customs of the coalition nations, they will be able to practice their religions in secret however they will be forbidden from converting our people. Also if a white man or woman seeks to marry one of our citizens, the nation that governs that citizen will have the right to prevent the marriage. The empress also stated that Suxong should have its own representatives in the coalition, that will have to be discussed with representatives from Suxong itself. The empress has also expressed concern at the idea of offering aid to Rawhitiroa in the event of an attack. All members of the coalition will provide aid to all other members, in exchange for help from Mosou we will also provide you with aid, it is a fair and equal arrangement."

The chairman paused and took a breath before continuing with his rhetoric.

"Now onto my own proposed changes to the agreement, I propose a clause number nine, stating that if any nation of white men attempts to purchase land from a member of the coalition, then the nation that has received the offer of purchase or trade will not have the authority to accept at its own accord and the matter must be put before the comity of representatives before being approved. This will prevent the white men from obtaining land by peaceful means. I also propose clause number ten, all foreign and native peoples returning from contact with white men, or being white men themselves be placed under quarantine and inspection before returning to the mainlands of the coalition. Let me explain, I am sure the Lakan will remember the "Plague of the Moa" and how it ripped through the population of Papua, we cannot know what similar plagues these white men, or their animals for that matter, may pass on to us, plagues we will have never come into contact with before and have no knowledge of medicine for them. The proposed measures of quarantine and inspection will allow us to learn more about them and will also hopefully stop the spread of disease. Finally the "Kakagura Shogunate," a nation that has not turned up to this meeting and yet you talk of including them in the coalition without asking their permission first, we must meet with them to hear their opinions before forcing them into a coalition they know nothing of, however this complaint is minor and unimportant. Please consider what I have said for you today."

The Meeting, Cont. 2

The Lakan made sure that the scribe had written done all the concerns and changes to the proposed regulations that the coalition will enforce on the foreigners. After the scribe was done writing these down, the Lakan stood up and replied to some of the questions and concerns the dignitaries had.

"First, let me answer the Empress' question about Suoxing. Seeing that your Majesty is the de jure (by law) ruler of this land, they are also automatically, a member of the coalition. Therefore, yes, they will be able to send their own representative IF your Majesty allows it since you, madam, are its head of state. For your Majesty's second question about the Empire of Rawhitiroa, I sense your concern that Rawhitiroa isn't really a member of the military sphere that the Kagakura Shogunate established. However, I believe that all Arusian (Asian) nations including Rawhitiroa and Nakumura are threatened by the same foreigners and should also be given the protection that we ourselves wish for our nations. If we ponder on this a bit, if, Bathala forbid, Rawhitiroa or Nakumura was attacked by these foreigners, and we decided not to help them just because they weren't part of the sphere, wouldn't that be helping these foreigners gain a foothold on our lands and on our continent? Simply put, we must stand united against a common threat. Therefore, I propose we formally include the Empire of Rawhitiroa into the Arusian military sphere. If your Majesty agrees, I will see to it that the Shogun will be asked the same question, should he agree as well, then Rawhitiroa will be the fifth member of this coalition. Now, moving on to the clauses of the regulations."

The Lakan took a copy of the regulations that the scribe had written down then continued.

"So, all of the first six clauses are approved as part of the regulations that we will be enforcing on the foreigners. We are also including four other clauses as stated by the Empress and the Chairman. But first, I would like to share some notes I have written, regarding these clauses. For the tax clause, I propose that the tax will be based on the market value of the goods that the foreigners will be trading. It will be a tenth of the total value of the goods, so should a ship have a total good value of 1000, then it will have to pay 100 in taxes to the tariff collector at Kutadatu (Banda Aceh). For the culture clause, I agree with the Chairman's proposal but, in my opinion, the foreigners have to follow this only when they are within the territorial boundaries of the coalition nations. Outside of these nations, they do not have to follow the culture part of the clause strictly but the laws of all coalition nations must still be followed even if they are outside of the territorial boundaries. For the territorial boundary clause, I propose that it be widened to include ALL diplomatic offers. Should the foreigners wish to offer something diplomatically to one of the coalition nation, it has to come at the approval of a majority of the coalition nations. Finally, I have no qualms about the quarantine clause and approve of it fully. Physicians and shamans from each coalition nation will be sent to Kutadatu and Malakajayi (Malacca) for the necessary quarantining and inspection of each foreigner entering Arusia."

As the Lakan returned the copy to the scribe for further editing, the Chairman stood up to ask about the absence of the Kagakura Shogunate.

"Do not worry, that is why these clauses are being recorded, precisely for reasons such as what you have stated. A copy of the final clauses will be sent to the Shogun of Japan for his approval. Should he wish to change, add or remove any clause, we will meet once more to discuss whether the changes, additions or removals are necessary. So, if there are no more concerns or suggestions about the clauses, the list will be sent immediately to the Shogunate. We should expect a reply within two weeks so for now, please accept what hospitality the Lakanate of Malajaya can offer you. I will send aides to your rooms once the Shogunate has replied."
Republic of Luzvimindia

Non-nation related Roleplays
1500: Brave New World as The Colony of Nueva Aragón
History of Empires as The Kingdom of Medar

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 am

Heridos
Robaer, still having high-hopes after the sucessful conquering of the Raegandar, began to aim for a larger target. Elmet was becoming a large and powerful empire, and so was Castile. Both had claims that were near Ostyrlonian goals; Elmet in Grenlund and Norder Aphermika, and Castile, with Werden Aphermika and even had a strong influence over Rylonia. Robaer didn't want to destroy his alliance with Rylonia, but that nation was becoming weaker and weaker every day, slowly becoming a puppet of Castile.

However, Elmet was becoming a larger threat. They had already claimed Grenlund and Norder Aphermika, which were the two largest goals of Ostyrlonia. In addition, they controlled both of the Isles, which would allow for them to block trade between *Asphian Countries and Nordern Errynpaen countries. Thus, this made them a larger threat in comparison to Castile, which only had minor power in the Mysserin

In hopes of making the invasion of Elmet easier, and to allow for an easier invasion of an unsuspecting Castile, Robaer sent a letter to the Castilians

To the leader of Castile,
I am sure you have heard of the nation to the north, Elmet, the ones occupying the Isles and many different lands outside of it. I have seen them as a threat to future Errynpaen conquests, as they have claimed much territory outside of Errynpa. What I have for you is a simple offer: We, Ostyrlonia and Castile, could launch a joint invasion of the Isles and ensure that Elmet will never rise and become an empire. We could take their protectorates across Erde, with you seizing their Aphermikan colony and maybe part of Eire, whilst we get Grenlund and parts of Albion. So, what do you say?
~Evris Robaer III of Ostyrlonia

*Similarly to what most people thought prior to 1490, Robaer believed that there was nothing but Greenland and a few other islands between Europe and Asia
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Neo-Assyrian Empire wrote:Heridos
Robaer, still having high-hopes after the sucessful conquering of the Raegandar, began to aim for a larger target. Elmet was becoming a large and powerful empire, and so was Spain. Both had claims that were near Ostyrlonian goals; Elmet in Grenlund and Norder Aphermika, and Spain, with Werden Aphermika and even had a strong influence over Rylonia. Robaer didn't want to destroy his alliance with Rylonia, but that nation was becoming weaker and weaker every day, slowly becoming a puppet of Spain.

However, Elmet was becoming a larger threat. They had already claimed Grenlund and Norder Aphermika, which were the two largest goals of Ostyrlonia. In addition, they controlled both of the Isles, which would allow for them to block trade between *Asphian Countries and Nordern Errynpaen countries. Thus, this made them a larger threat in comparison to Spain, which only had minor power in the Mysserin

In hopes of making the invasion of Elmet easier, and to allow for an easier invasion of an unsuspecting Spain, Robaer sent a letter to the Spanish

To the leader of Spain,
I am sure you have heard of the nation to the north, Elmet, the ones occupying the Isles and many different lands outside of it. I have seen them as a threat to future Errynpaen conquests, as they have claimed much territory outside of Errynpa. What I have for you is a simple offer: We, Ostyrlonia and Spain, could launch a joint invasion of the Isles and ensure that Elmet will never rise and become an empire. We could take their protectorates across Erde, with you seizing their Aphermikan colony and maybe part of Eire, whilst we get Grenlund and parts of Albion. So, what do you say?

*Similarly to what most people thought prior to 1490, Robaer believed that there was nothing but Greenland and a few other islands between Europe and Asia

To the leader of Ostyrlonia
We had heard of your woes and plans, but you never saw it coming. We knew this will happen again. Do not fret, for our answer shall be different from before.

Pirates are our primary concern. They are looting and destroying our merchant fleets everyday. So, my commanders are devising ways to cope from the distress these thieving robbers loot from us. And now, this? What is over you that you want to hamper our prosperous trade with such request? Have you checked with your cartographers and see the difference of our domains? I cannot believe that you are still standing proud but moving less on the wonders of the world. Are you blaming Spain for being generous, but when angered, spills the blood of his enemies? Are you threatening the peace we always had wanted?

We know all of your diplomatic guises, your secrets and even your movements. Never dare Father Spain.

Now, my answer shall be as plain as simple, like the color of the white banner of my enemies' surrender: Spain is everywhere. And, we decline to your offer. It seems that you never knew and understood the cycle of life. I wish good tidings arrive in your shores and lands but never let yourselves bite the dust -- the Spanish way.
~ Ferdinand I, King-Emperor of the Spanish
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Neo-Assyrian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Assyrian Empire » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:46 pm

To the vermin of Spain,
We will not allow for your spies amongst our midst, and you shall pay for your folly in blood! Thou have unleashed the wrath of a thousand moon, more powerful than any creature or army that you have yet seen, and one day, you shall rue the day you dare defy Ostyrlonia and insult us! Live whilst you can, pig, but Ostyrlonia will never die.
~Evris Robaer III

Ostyrlonian-Rylonian Border
10,000 battle-ready soldiers, 1/5th of the Ostyrlonian military, began to march southward, burning crops, pillaging countryside towns, and leaving a burning scar all the way to Rynatoo. Under the command of Kommandont Reseir VI, the army just march southward in an attempt to stop Spain from attacking.

Heridos
After more thought, it was obvious that he could get an ally without even trying. The UMM was against Spain and would gladly help in any war against them. With this, he could easily begin to take on Spain.

To Varrick IV,
War is upon us. The verminous leaders of Spain have targeted Ostyrlonia, and it is only a matter of time before they attack you, too. That is why I am proposing a double attack on Spain, you attack them from the East whilst I begin to attack Rylonia and other colonies/allies of Spain. What do you say? If we work together, maybe we could rid Errynpa of this Spanish government once an for all!
Account may or may not be alive or dead. We'll see what happens
General Information
<G> Is the national currency. <G> 1 = $1.6
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 1
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.31
Veni, Vidi, Vici
|[=-=X|X=-=]|
Currently RPing As
Nobody
;~;

|[=-=X|X=-=]|

Bujahla
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bujahla » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:15 pm

To: Evris Roaber III
It seems that war is upon us. Though I do not wish it, it seems we must.
~ Xavier III, High King of Mediterranea

Genora
The region of Genora has been prepared for war for many years after the message from Ferdinand I. The soldiers knew it was a crucial piece to hold onto as it allowed them to swoop under the mountains that divided Iberia from the rest of the Euroru (Europe). The gather the army their, roughly 15,000 active men, and prepared for war. They first started to march South and South-West. They aimed to surround the city of Barcelona which was literally just south of the border. They would lay siege and cut them off. While they did this the next forced would be readied from Medu and it would include the few, but fearsome, war elephants from Babia (Bab Islands).

Gibraltar
The straights had always been a point of conflict for Mediterranea. Under the foolish moves of the Pierre II, Canaan Iberia was given to Spain as a gift. Despite this many Canaan's still live in those lands. It had been a long hidden goal of High King Xavier III to reclaim those lands. And thus it would be done. The straights were closed and the naval attack began. Roughly 70 war ships were already in the straight when Canaan got word of the war. These ships were prepared for war and attacked any Spainish ships they saw. At the entrance with the light vessels, the largest battle would start. The light vessels had always been secretly outfitted for war, but not in the traditional sense. Below the dock, each carried a crew (20ish) men with long bows. When they got the words the light vessels sailed up along the Spanish ships and would fire rapidly at them. Roughly 8 shots per minute, these crews were able to damage and unknown amount of ships that weren't ready for the war. They did this to distract the Spainish as a fleet of 70 war ships, docked at the capital of Canaan (East of Gibraltar) and made preparations to sail.

Merchant Stalls in countries around Euroru
It would be awhile until many of the merchants in the Euroru nations knew about the war, but when they did, they were ready. It had always been a policy of Varrick V that if a war was the break out, that the merchants must be targeted. He planed to do this by sending groups of soldiers to protect the mega-stalls of the CMG. The soldiers lives were quite boring as not much happened for most of them, except the occasional violence in a nation. When the archmerchant of each mega stall was informed of the war, preparations were made.
1. They would be closed off from outsiders.
2. The soldiers would be prepared to defend their locations.
3. A group of 8-12 soldiers (sometimes smaller) would be sent to the Spanish mega-stalls in the region. They would be dressed as merchants who wanted to trade or locals, depending on the situation. They would carry bags of gunpowder with them that would be disguised as a coin purse. Once in side, they would find a way to plant the purse and light the fuse. This was done before step 1 and 2 as to not alert anyone.
It was a day, a week, a month, or longer before every archmerchant (owner of a mega-stall) would find out about the war, but when they did, they stroke. An unknown amount of stalls were damaged, as reports were varying in details.

Map of war movements so far:
http://i.imgur.com/8zyujEo.png

1. Reinforced along the mountains of Eastern Medu
2. Fleet of 15,000 invaded light blue provinces in Spain
3. Siege laid to Barcelona and other city
4. Fleet moving from Medu to Genora to reinforce sieges
5. Fleet protecting Balearic Islands
6. Fleet moves into barricade Cyprus
7. Attacks in Straights of Gibu
8. Reinforced protection of Meladu
Last edited by Bujahla on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Huzzah he lives!*

Nah, son. Britain was all like "yo, why my colonies be all uppity an' shit?!" And Lord Durham laid it straight: "they be wantin' legislation with representation, dawg."

Never Forget / My Best IC Posts
Never Forget / My Longest Running Series
Never Forget / My Best RP

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Northern Bilorusia

After the local commanders, that were quite busy with returning to Kraanariik, heard of the incoming Ukrainian forces, they immediately decided to increase defenses. To protect their few cannons and the arches they had, medium-sized pales were thrusted into the ground to save them from any horsemen. Nervous men placed cages all over this defensive line, right in front of the pales. Less nervous, but even stronger and taller men then drove herds of aggressive dogs, still very similar to wolves, into these cages. "If the scouts are right we don't even have half a day to prepare! Call the troops, we are going to wait here for weeks if necessary! You've heard the order of the King. We are going to kill them until we can build a freaking wall with their corpses!"

Panically, after all their time was short, the last thousand defensive troops of the region gathered at the line. Since the war with Bakarus they had been modernized a lot, so that a lot more troops with hand cannons were available in comparison to the past. They were simply mixed into the normal infantery, as their range wasn't too far to compete with the archers. The few horsemen that were still here rather gathered some resources and informed other guards, after all they wouldn't be needed to defend. However, if the battle would be won, they could charge into the fleeing enemies. As last ten tall and intimidating men, barely wearing any armor, but with large battle axes entered the 'game'.

Troops at the defensive line:
8 cannons, 420 horsemen, 780 men with handguns 1.402 archers, 5.390 swordsmen, 10 Berserks

As the news reached the Royal Castle, the King immediately ordered to mobilize up to the 70.000 men limit.

To: Ardovicia

Esteemed partners,
My father and his predecessor have started a huge friendship of our two nations. Through trade, language and even some common culture we are brothers by soul. It saddens me wholeheartly to tell you that our scouts informed us about huge barbaric masses of Ukrainian soldiers. We fear we can not afford our trade if we have to fight a war, but that's only a beginning. Even after we have shown ourselves diplomatically they show themselves as hostile as if they had only waited for this moment. Discouraged and overwhelmed we ask for your help to protect common interests. We shall prove to be worth this effort, but for now there is nothing we can offer except for our humble gratefulness.

Sincerely,
Marius I.
Last edited by Vredlandia on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse