NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions: IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Mass Effect Factions: IC

Postby Elerian » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey everyone i'm sure your excited to get this started so lets do this
The rules are pretty simple:
1. What I say is what will happen
2. If you have any issues come to me. Any OOC flaming will not be tolerated.
3. Stay on topic
4. Be logical
5. No steamrolling and your faction cant be all powerful
6. Have fun!!

OOC link: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259321 (We Still have spots so feel free to sign up :) )

I will be playing as 1.Shepard 2.My own faction 3. Once we get there the Reapers
So get too it start some wars, make an empire, Save the galaxy, Make a Volus Spectre or whatever else you can think of

From now of I will be advancing the story by either having little quotes or clips from the games to advance us closer to the Reaping!
Lets kick it off!!!
Commander Shepard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSysCag2BIk

Crimson Imperium~Aeia
Jerick sat behind his desk and took a sip of an expensive Asari wine. He peered out at the sprawling spaceport teeming with life. The port was right next to a large ocean so that fishing could also be a form of money making. It was a relatively small city in terms of others but almost everyone on the planet lived in the spaceport although there were a few sporadic villages they were far and few. He walked over to the balcony and took in a large salty breath grinned then turned and told his second in command a Turian named Talon.
"Prep the ships its time"
"Right away sir"
Talon walked away to go prep the ships for their departure. Jerick planned to go to Omega he needed Anthas's help. Hopefully he would help him.
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Rannoch, Geth Space
As the warm Rannochian Sun, Tikkun, crept above the horizon, Geth workers laboured continuously. They worked on cultivating farm land, clearing debris and rebuilding cities, hoping for the day their creators would return.
Unit 0091 was one of these labourers, it worked constantly and all the while it was debating with its fellow Geth units in the Consensus, about what would be done next.

Geth Flagship, Above Rannoch
The gigantic Geth vessel sat idle in space, within worked tirelessly the Geth crew, not only as hardware, but as software which was travelling through the ship at incredible speeds. This continued for several hours and conversations between ships also took place. Eventually, a single Frigate, which was located around Haestrom left its position and began its scouting mission out of the Veil.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Unknown Planet, Terminus Systems

The Queen mentally sighed as she squatted in the cave, deep beneath the planet's surface, surrounded by the swarms of Rachni soldiers and workers. The Swarm's workers had begun the construction of a space shipyard to enable the Rachni to produce more ships; crewing those ships would not be a problem, as one thing the Rachni weren't lacking in was numbers.

Their defeat at the hands of the Krogan weighed heavily on her mind, but from the item called the 'Codex' her soldiers had recovered from a wrecked trade ship, the Krogan were weakened, having grown too strong for the Council to control. It was something of a irony; the Council unleashed one hound to kill another, only for that hound to turn on them. She doubted the Turians would be able to take on the Swarm, their biology wasn't suited to the worlds the Rachni favoured like this one, a toxic and corrosive mix of sulphur and nitrogen.

But, she also knew something had been controlling them in ages past, and that something was getting closer. The Younger Races hadn't prepared for it, and she doubted they would, but the Rachni would do what they could to prepare.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Afterlife, Omega
Anthas Dilirius

The business on Omega was going well. Anthas had taken over the station not too long ago and already improved it a lot, at least if you measure it by its previous condition. Public order had been restored and who entered side roads did so on his own risk. A well-guarded door on the side of the entrance hall of the club led to some stairs that first went right, then a bit up and right again, until one ended up in front of another, large door to the office of Anthras. From there he could watch the whole club through the large windows, although he usually closed the shutters anyways.

However, today he had them opened. He got to know of a batarian criminal who tried to take over Omega. One may say about Omega what he wants, but who had leadership over it got most informations there, too. The batarian was obviously an amateur. He entered the club straight forward and watched his surrounding, day after day. But this time Anthas had different plans. As the Batarian sat down and took one sip of his drink, he directly noticed something was wrong. Before he could notice, he was dead. The good old poisoning of rivals trick had worked again.

Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethrys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Union of Independent Terrans - Binthu, Terra Nova

President Aetherius piloted his personal shuttle as he flew over the city of Terra Nova. He had just been to the spaceport to greet the captain of the SSV Chicago, the former Systems Alliance Cruiser that had just arrived to join the UIT. It was a late arrival, and the last of those expected to join the separatists after the battle of the citadel. It had been delayed by an attempted mutiny when the crew learned of the captain's intentions to give the ship to rebels. Approximately 75% of the crew attempted to seize control of the vessel, managing to secure several areas of the ship. The bulk of the mutineers were forced to hold position just shy of the bridge as they exchanged fire with fully outfitted marines who were loyal to the captain due to their involvement in the plot, and had been prepared for trouble. A smaller group attempted to breach the ship's armory, seeking armor and heavy weapons with which to overwhelm the marines and seize control of the ship. No sooner had they gained access than they were greeted by fire from a platoon of Mechs the captain had secretly brought on board as a contingency. A pincer movement by the Marines and the Mechs pinned the mutineers down, as they received fire from two sides with minimal cover. For the remainder of the voyage the leaders of the attempt were held in the brig under guard, while the rest were sealed in the crew quarters to prevent a repeat event.

Victor was relieved the Chicago had made it, as it was currently the most powerful asset the UIT had, and would soon join the Terran navy, rechristened as the USV Vigiliance. The mutineers had been offered amnesty and citizenship, those that accepted were pardoned, while those who refused were jailed, pending trial for their acts of violence.

At this point the landing platform for the Terran capitol building came into view, and he gently set down, sweeping up the shuttle door as he stepped out. It had taken some time, but he had grown accustomed to having to wear an oxygen mask each time he stepped outside.

Some day, we will have made a suitable home for our descendants here. Until then, we will know how the Quarians feel. He thought, as he entered the airlock. As the cycle concluded, he removed his mask. Samuel Wes, his aide, met him just inside.

"Sir, we have received word from one of our benefactors. They wish an update on how we are settling in, and unsubtly hinted that they would like to begin establishing a presence here."

"We certainly need to see about developing our infrastructure, but we must also husband our resources carefully. Tell them we welcome friends of the Union to join us in Terra Nova. Meanwhile, send a memo over to the council to see about getting a law passed limiting foreign workers, and a work visa program established. We need to both gain more citizens, as well as ensure our employment rate remains high. While you're at it, send a representative to Noveria, and see about enticing some of those corporations to set up branch offices here. We must get an economy started, and we cannot survive by importing everything we need." Samuel nodded and moved off down the hall, heading towards the southern side of the building, which housed the offices of the councilors as well as the council chambers. Victor turned in the opposite direction, towards his own office. He took up a standing position behind his desk, before activating a video capture drone.

"Today, the crew of the SSV Chicago have arrived in Union space. The UIT has granted them amnesty and citizenship. Along with them were a number of mutineers who were defeated by the loyal crew of the Chicago. They have been turned over to the custody of Terra Nova Security forces, and are awaiting trial for charges of piracy, assault, and attempted murder. The Union of Independent Terrans invites journalists and representatives of any government that wishes to witness the trial and assure the well being and fair treatment of the accused to journey to Terra Nova. As President of the Union, I personally pledge full access to these accused citizens of the Systems Alliance." He paused the recording with a wave, before calling up his Virtual Intelligence assistant.

"Upload and transmit to Citadel News Net, as well as local news organizations on other council race worlds."
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Cerberus: Star of Anadius

Postby Prumia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 pm

S.I.C. (Secret-In-Character):

It was dark. Shadows barely even touched the edges of the room, their twisted black lines covering every surface in either darkness or ebony colored claw marks. The faintest traces of crimson colored light proved the only thing keeping this place from being entirely consumed by the cold and darkness of space. The crimson light came from the star that loomed nearby, simultaneously out of reach and yet seemingly close enough to just reach out and touch it.

Seated as he was now, his right leg crossed over the other as he reclined in his favorite chair, the person now only known as the "Illusive Man" could not help but be both humbled and emboldened by the sight before him. The star of the vacant Anadius system was a veritable symbol of all the Cerberus organization stood for and all it hoped to defend. This system's star was around twenty times that of the star that sustained humanity's home system, Sol, with energy, but the Anadius star was also dying. A celestial body, twenty times the size of humanity's own, was dying beyond the notice of the rest of the galaxy; the star's surface changed regularly from a vibrant azure to a malevolent crimson without warning, almost reflecting the battle within humanity itself: good or evil, paragon or renegade. And, just as their namesake, Cerberus stands watch over this warning sign of humanity's fate, both humbled by the sheer scope of it and inspired with the will to spare Sol, and beautiful Earth, from such a fate; a fate of dying alone, in the cold of space, forgotten, and unremarked.

Cybernetic eyes, an inhuman shade of blue in color, watched the dancing swirls of flames drift across the Anadius star as he took a slow drag off his cigarette. When he exhaled, the smoke cloud ghosted overhead like a faint cloud before it disappeared completely. The leader of Cerberus sat quietly in his barren office and watched as a star died, contemplating humanity's future, and was only distributed when a flicker light began flashing on his armrest. With an impassive look, he quickly pressed a button, taking another drag off his cigarette and releasing shortly after, before saying, "Operative Lawson," he greeted the caller. "I trust the Lazarus Project will be getting underway shortly?"

There was a pause, as he seemingly listened for a few moments, before the Illusive Man continued, "I'm sure you'll make do. I don't need to remind you that Commander Shepard is very valuable to us." Another pause, then, "Cerberus will spare no expanse; you'll get what you need." With a twitch of his finger, the connection was severed. Shepard might be dead - at least for the time being - but there were still things to do. Shepard's choices during the battle of the Citadel have substantially improved humanity's position in the galaxy and a human dominated Council was certainly good news, but there was still much work that needed to be done.

Taking another slow puff of his cigarette, the Illusive Man pressed a series of buttons on his armrest. At once, his chair began swiveling around to face the interior of his darkened office. The soft static flicking commonly associated with hologram imagery sounded before a gray-blue imagine formed in the middle of the head of Cerberus's office. The figure was apparently male, late twenties to early thirties with blonde hair and ice-colored eyes, was dressed in a pristine and recently pressed white-yellow colored uniform the bore more than a few passing resemblances to that of an Systems Alliance officer's. The man's true allegiance, however, was displayed proudly across his left brest: the freshly polished emblem of Cerberus.

"Sir," the hologram image of a man greeted.

"Captain Lavisor Sovul," the Illusive Man greeted in turn, taking a puff off his cigarette. "Born on Earth. Former Alliance navy, former captain of the S.S.V. Gordon, Third Fleet. A veteran of the fighting on Torfan. Tell me, captain, why did you join Cerberus?"

The man known as Lavisor Sovul seemed to consider the question for a moment before finally answering, "For humanity, sir. That is the only reason any of us are here."

There was an ever so slight curl of the illusive Man's lips - either in a smile or sneer, or can say - the preceded his words, "I have a mission for you, captain. I don't think I need to tell you that our knowledge of the Geth is insignificant. They have shown themselves to be a very dangerous enemy and, if controlled properly, a very valuable asset; one we could very much use. Cerberus contacts have managed to collect some very useful intel on a sight that might have what we need; I'm forward the information now, and I want you to investigate."

Sovul seemed to turn to look at something before his attention returned to his leader. "I have the data," he confirmed. "If I may, sir? This is fairly dangerous space. Being out that far from the Alliance will leave me exposed if I encounter any Citadel races - or Geth, for that matter. If the situation should arise, how would you like me to proceed?"

"I trust in your discretion, captain," the Illusive Man replied. "Report back anything you find." The connection promptly ended. As his chair turned back to face the dying star, the leader of Cerberus was deep in thought.

The galaxy was getting at little too crowed as of late. It might be time to do something about that.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:56 am

Voux Dragic,
" Have you ever seen a planet that is full of constant rain? Apparently this planet, day and night is having constant monsoons that serves as a constant reminder how dreadful my life is. This is the planet that attracts the ugly and the desperate, the man or woman looking to make a quick credit or a more nasty modification for whatever illegal mess they have sowed into their skins in the first place. To tell you the truth, I forgot how I even became like the man I have today, and to tell you the truth that is not the most important thing on my mind right now is where are the goods that you and your little cronies sold them to and I'll make sure that I won't kill you myself."

Here Voux Dragic, smugglers and pirates are of a common site as they gather around in bazaars and shops that sell contraband weapons, smuggled goods, and even the most common of intergalactic vice that one person can afford. The common smuggler or pirate can make a quick credit or two by stealing goods from others and selling them for themselves however, if they get caught the persona and all of their buyers can go down, it can be as small as a few people or as big as a few pirate guilds on different planets. That was the law of Voux Dragic and the law of the Terminus Systems and today a few smugglers are about to know the law of very well.

General Dyson's office was in the rich district of the planet and which was the former military fortress that was occupied by the Regiment before they conquered the planet. The window show the everlasting rainfall as the two smugglers who stole a large sum of goods from various merchants, smugglers, and pirates, but they also stole from the Regiment and that was a bad and last move. The two smugglers did not answer Myles question but his Omnitool came on and one of his soldiers as they said they hack the ship's navigational computer. Myles gave a nod and spoke to them." It looks like as far as an answer goes around this planet, yours was very satisfying, but my forces have already hacked through ships navigational system and have found your buyers and will be sent on their way to the next life as you be as well."

Just then the door opened and two soldiers armed with M6 Carnifix came in as Myles walked out and closed the door and two shots were heard from the room as his female turian bionic that he had a relationship name Bruilus came and started walking with Myles." So what are you going to do now?" Myles gave a smirk" Well, those smugglers were armatures and apparently the buyers are in nearby systems so I think that we should be good neighbors and what we humans like to do is ask for a cup of sugar and see if I can borrow a lawn mower and such, so I will be back in a few days so you can hold the fort while I am out being a good neighbor right?"
Bruius just shake her head as Myles walked into the spaceport as he got one his soldiers" I want you to take whatever cargo the smugglers had, wipe the systems of all data after copying it and put it up for auction." The soldier just gave a" yes sir" as Myles got in his transport and sat in as the landing craft took off into the cruiser that was in orbit around the planet.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 am

Omega
Anthas Dilirius

It was another day in criminals paradise. Anthas and his advisors thought long about how to increase their income, or rather how to fund an increased military to maintain stability and dominance. Omega was probably the galactic capitol of crime and smuggling, but so far nobody really cared for those criminal activities. That would change. Anthas knew they were essential for the success of Omega, so instead of trying to actually control them, they would simply raise a small tax for weapons, drugs and alcohol. Those who denied to pay would simply have to give their goods to the Dilirius Network, if they wanted to or not.

The Dilirius Network was the organization Anthas' father built up. At first it was only his father and some contacts and mercenaries, but nowadays it was a large grip of soldiers, bureaucrats, informants and even some industrials. They got control of the mining industry on Omega, secured military control of the most important areas, like the port or the Afterlife, and infiltrated the public with their spies and politicians trying to gather information and change the public opinion. Anthas checked if the port was controlled properly himself this time. There has only been one minor incident that ended up with three killed Vorcha and on the side of Anthas one hurt Salarian mercenary. That was a good result, especially since the three killed subjects were known for harassing some of the shop owners in the market district.

After their goods had been captured Anthas returned to his office, which is also his apartment, in the Afterlife club. Of course he wouldn't go to bed immediately, but enjoy a good drink and watch the club. It might seem boring to watch the same club day after day, but in the Afterlife no day was similar to another, because sooner or later there was something interesting going on. Today it was someone giving free drinks to the club. What a pity Anthas wasn't downstairs..
Last edited by Vredlandia on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am

1-Crimson Imperium
Jerick went up to his space station the Armadillo. After a brief look around he walked over to board his second heavy cruiser. Soon after he got to the launch area he knew something was wrong. Running back off the Cruiser. Just in time to see it being blown to pieces behind him.
6-UIT
With the new Cruiser a sense of security enveloped the colony. Because of this people felt that they could now live in relative safety and production levels were high above standard. +10 Credits
5-Omega
Omega was a cesspool there was no doubt about it. However because of the recent sucesses it was starting to pick up more buisness. +5 Credits
8-275th Voux Dragic Regiment
After taking the data from the smuggler's ship Dyson discovered a corvette just outside the major centers of his capital. It would be a nice new addition to his fleet.
10-Rachni
Several Rachni that were out scavenging on the planet came across a derelict light cruiser. Upon further inspection it was clear that it was a pirate vessel. A Krogan one no less.
6-Geth
The frigate recently sent from Haelstrom stumbles upon a cash of credits. +10 creds
6-Cerberus
Because of the good fortune of retrieving Shepard the Illusive man was pleased to see he had several more investors. +10 Credits.
Last edited by Elerian on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

The Rachni Queen smiled inwardly as she caught on the thoughts of some of her scouts. They had recovered a old light cruiser that had crashed on the planet decades ago. By the markings and ship, it was nothing other than a Krogan Pirate vessel. Despite her initial worries about pressing such a vessel into service in the Rachni fleet, they were soon overwhelmed by the benefits of having a extra light cruiser in the fleet. IFF wouldn't be a problem, given their telepathic hive mind web.

Perhaps, she mused, she could even use the new IFF against the Council if worst came to worst? They feared the Rachni and would no doubt attempt to exterminate them all once they were discovered. With a intact IFF of any of the Council races, preferably Turian or SA, her fleets would be able to use confusion as their ally if it came to war against the Council once again.

But there was still the other threat, that of the 'Corruptors' who had turned the Rachni against the Council. They were powerful, that much was sure. But she was confident that they wouldn't bother her. They would have more important matters to deal with, like the Council.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Prumia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Cerberus: For Cerberus, For Humanity

Postby Prumia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Armstrong Nebula, Armstrong Mass Relay, C.S.V. Persephone

Deep within the void of space, on the very edge of the known Milky Way Galaxy, an inactive Mass Relay suddenly began moving. In a bright flash of brilliant blue light a, comparatively, minuscule spec of mass, its white and yellow visage blurring into being, shot out like a cannon-ball of old.

From his position aboard that mass, Cerberus captain Lavisor Sovul spared the dakening Mass Relay a feint grimace before turning his attention back to his ship. "Status report," his clipped yet soft tone demanded.

"The Persephone has arrived on the other end of the relay, captain," replied a Cerberus technician from his position behind a console. "All stations report in, sir. mass effect field holding steady. No complications."

To that, Sovul favored his ship with a small, but genuine small. Ever since the destruction of his last command, the Alliance frigate S.S.V. Gordon, Sovul had taken a rather protective stance of his new charge; the Cerberus cruiser C.S.V. Persephone. Pleased with the state of his ship, Sovul turned his thoughts to the Illusive Man's mission:

"Listen up, everyone," he began, flicking a nearby switch. Knowing his voice would be broadcasted through-out the ship, he continued, "This is your captain speaking. The Illusive Man himself has given us a very important mission. I am certain you have already heard about whathappened to the Citadel. A highly dangerous enemy has made itself known and this enemy has shown itself to allied with the Geth."

The ship was silent; they had either fought against Saren Arterius and his Geth allies themselves, or they had heard about the damage. Fully knowing this, Sovul continued, "Humanity is facing a grave threat and has already lost one of its heroes. That battle was merely the precursor to a greater conflict; one neither the Alliance or the Citadel races are prepared for." With a wry smirk, he added, "Thankfully, we are not them; we are Cerberus! The rest of the galaxy may call us terrorists, but Cerberus stands before humanity's enemies, teeth bared and ready to strike."

The were nods agreement, smirking of certainty, and an overall feeling of rightness in the looks of every person to meet his eyes; Sovul himself shared their believe in Cerberus's cause. "We are heading to Solcrum. Before Saren's attack, the Geth established a number of bases of fringe worlds; beyond the grasp of the Citadel and the Alliance. Most of these Geth are destroyed, but remnants remain. Our mission, everyone, is gather intelligence on Geth activity. This is not a simple scouting mission, though," he added, seeing the surprised looks; they had been expecting something bigger the investigation. "If possible, we are to retrieve a Geth dropship and any other Geth technology of use."

"The ship that attacked the Citadel, known to us as 'Sovereign' possessed technology that far surpassed anything in the our possession; there is no sense in denying this. With weaponry like that, Cerberus could eliminate this threat. Do not doubt the importance of this mission; the fate of humanity could very rest upon it. Sovul out." With a soft clicking, the ship-wide speakers deactivated.

Captain Sovul fixed his helmsman with a passive look and said, "Set the course." With a firm "yes, captain" the Persephone began to move. They was just a few relay jumps from home, but they were still on the edge of Geth space. Sovul knew that if they did encountered a Geth fleet out here, they would likely never see Earth again.

"For Cerberus," he found himself muttering. "For humanity."

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Tassrah, Phoenix Massing, Perseus Veil
The Geth Frigate sat idly in space as several Geth units returned onto the ship, having been collecting valuable resources from crashed ships. Now it continued moving along, passing the planet Sarapai as it continued moving towards the Mass-relay. Once it approached, it was pulled by the great device and launched towards its next set of coordinates.

Haestrom, Dholen System, Far Rim
A Geth Heavy Cruiser, alongside two Frigates, had been circling the Dholen Star for the past few days. The Geth on board the vessel conversed of the strange anomaly of the System, its red-giant star. The Geth debated constantly, whilst it was obvious what caused the anomaly, increased amounts of Dark energy destabilizing it, it was unclear as to why it was happening.
"The cause is obvious" began one of the Geth units in the consensus. "This anomaly has only caught our attention when the Old Machine came to our attention"
"That is merely what Organics refer to as coincidental. There is no data that supports your argument" responded a second Geth unit.
After a few more minutes of debating, the Geth eventually decided that further knowledge was needed and so, they continued researching alongside their ground team on Haestrom.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Archangelskl Oblast
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Archangelskl Oblast » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Week One

Taetrian Capital Vallum Attacked by Aircar Bomb
“The Taetrian capital of Vallum came under attack again today as a turian male crashed an aircar bomb into the kinetic barriers outside the Sevnis, a building serving as emergency government headquarters. Packed with explosives, the aircar struck the barriers and exploded, killing the driver. That driver was Alsadrus Tertius, a former sanitation worker with ties to the radical separatist group Facinus. Sevnis guard Titrinus Machaera counts himself lucky. "He [Tertius] clearly didn't know about the barriers. If he had, he'd have aimed for the gates and maybe gotten some of us guards or the crowds outside". War Minister Uvalum Septimax did not downplay the incident. "We face a determined enemy", he said, "and we cannot afford to relax our vigilance".”

Current Date
"Get those weapons secured!" shouted Cpl.gorh,
We drop in 1700 hours! shouted another voice from somewhere inside the cabin of the cramped dropship.
the commander stood and shouted an almost icy "None But Us!"
in unison we all replied back... those cold dead words +None But Us!"
what do those mean. are they just some ignorant fraze before we get shot out of the sky.
I might never know that. the light flashes a single yellow strobe every 3 seconds.
The Soldier stands next to me to and begins to shout everyone out in 10!
i recede back my chair...9...8...7... I grip my rifle till my fallons nearly penetrate my gloves
6...5...4... i hold my breath....3...2..."here we go." I say. the bell rings and the dropship bay doors swings open.
two by two we jumped out into hellish civilian madness that was plaguing this area.
We'll Bang, OK?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:40 pm

smuggler base, unknown planet
Myles was riding in one of his gunships as the forces were laying siege to a small smuggler base that was the first of only a short list of bases that had the merchandise that was stolen from him. Myles was on his Omnitool as he heard from his contact on Omega about the new tax that was implemented. Myles wanted to introduce Omega's open markets with his modifications in order to expand the business but with the new leader putting a stranglehold on weapons, drugs, and alcohol and those were some of the things Dyson's ships smuggle across the Terminus Systems. The contact assured Myles that there were more then enough demand on Omega and the Regiment can make a large sum of credits. Myles finally gave the go ahead as the gunship and unloaded him and his forces as the doors were blown open only to show the smugglers killed in the blast, but the goods and thats all that mattered as his troops started gathering the goods and prepare them to be transported back home.

Omega
The Regiment had many smugglers on Omega when they heard that the Regiment is finally going to start expanding their modification business into Omega, they knew that it will be a more profitable venture then of late. With the tax on weapons, drugs, and alcohol being raised it was a little hard to pay more then people should but it was not that much of a problem, but that left a wide demand for modifications in both bionics and omnitools, nobody knows how the demand started, but they know that only a few were able to hand out the modifications and even then they were faulty, but with the new stock and constant flow coming from Voux Dragic, the common buyer can finally be satisfy with the new illegal app or modification and in return will give the Dyson some more profit that he needs.
Last edited by Ralnis on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Jerick looked in disbelief at the now destroyed Arcadia. It was one of his most prized ships. Looking around there were several lifeless bodies. Slowly Jerick rose and looked around to try and find Talon. He was just behind him when the blast happened. Looking back into a long hallway he saw Talon with a huge chunk of metal sticking out from his chest.

Running over too him several engineers passed by Jerick to attempt at salvaging the ship. Sinking down next to Talon he looked at his fallen comrade. A ship could be replaced but a loyal bodyguard and companion could not be. Getting up he looked around at the now large mob that was looking on in disbelief that the Arcadia had been destroyed.

Someone would pay for this Jerick thought. Walking down the corridor he was surrounded by his soldiers as they checked him for injuries. Pushing them away he said ready the Malevolent we are going to Omega.

A few hours later Jerick was in Omega approaching the Afterlife bar. Anthas's local hangout.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Voux Dragic
Myles game back after raiding and pillaging the rest of the bases that held his merchandise. He had a lot more credits then he had lost, which was a plus considering he is now selling in Omega and had reported that is making great profit. The haven for pirates and smugglers just go on as it were normal and Dyson just walked in his offices as one his officers came and told them they auction off the smuggling vessel and the money went in the account. He smiled and hoping to start expanding more of his operations into the sector.

Omega to him was a far away place but Myles wants to try and have a foothold in the markets and see if their are any new ventures that are being made. The bases that were pillaged can actually make good bases and outpost to conduct pirating operations, of course full on invasions were not yet possible without spreading the forces thin across the colonies that scatter the Terminus Systems, but there are ripe for the conquering near by, but invasions and acting like an actual army is on the most lowest important things to do, right now he wants to explore new ideas to make money so he can make Voux Dragic a true haven for criminals and a home for him and his troops.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:44 pm

The repurposed Krogan Light Crusier had already joined the Rachni fleet in orbit over their new homeworld. It wasn't Suen, the WMDs deployed by the Krogan had made that planet all but worthless to the Rachni. Currently, most of their resources were gained from mining the substantial asteroid belt that surrounded her current home.

The lone Rachni corvette that she used for scouting was out on another run through the area of space dubbed the 'Terminus Systems' by the new races, in the hope of finding wrecks to salvage and possibily other (mostly) intact drifting hulks. There was also the matter of fleet doctrine to consider.

According to the 'Codex', the most powerful ships were Dreadnoughts and these were strictly limited by several treaties and the mainstay of the fleets were crusiers.

The Rachni, however, decided to focus on a different style of warfare. Rather than building massive, colossal and resource consuming Dreadnoughts, the Rachni had focused more on masses of crusier-type ships, counting on sheer weight of numbers to get the job done. That wouldn't be possibily now, given the Swarm's limited numbers. So instead of hundreds of crusiers, she would have the Swarm produce as many Dreadnoughts as possible.

Archangelskl Oblast
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Archangelskl Oblast » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 pm

“The separatist group Facinus released a video today condemning the colonialist air campaign against targets in the Diluvian Wildlands. "The cowards of the Hierarchy have betrayed the turian people, first in their appeasement of the humans, second in their oppressive taxes to support their agenda to weaken our empire, and third in the bombardment of their own kind to support their archaic institutions," said Kihilix Tanus, nominal leader of the separatists. "Their General Partinax is a craven murderer. This bloodshed could be avoided with a simple duel between the two of us, yet he would hide behind his conscripts." Asked for comments, General Partinax said simply, "I don't hide."”
We'll Bang, OK?

Archangelskl Oblast
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Archangelskl Oblast » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:32 pm

MESSAGE:>>>>>> FDW;FDW; ALL DIPLOMATIC MINISTRIES IN THE TERMINUS. WE ARE HASTATIM
WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU. LOOK FOR OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN OMEGA AFTERLIFE. HE WILL FILL YOU IN.
We'll Bang, OK?

Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethrys » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Union of Independent Terrans - Binthu, Terra Nova

Victor sat at his desk in the presidential office. He was currently engaged in a long distance communication with his representative on Noveria.

"Sir, the majority of my calls to the larger manufacturers were brushed off. Elanus Risk Control didn't even bother rejecting me. However, I was able to talk with Sirta Foundation. I think there's a good chance they'll eventually agree to set up a research station on Binthu. A handful of smaller arms manufacturers and a couple mining interests have already agreed."

The president lifted his glass of serrice ice brandy to his lips, taking a sip. "Excellent work. Keep at it, the more contracts we get the stronger the Union will grow. If we can get a job surplus our immigration rate is sure to climb. Contact me with any further developments." Victor said as he closed the connection.

Turning to other matters, Victor ordered newly rechristened cruister, the USV Vigilance, to begin a patrol of the Amazon system, in order to establish a Union presence there. Reports indicated that several of the worlds contained important minerals, as well as a gas giant. Sonedma would also be a candidate for a long term colonization project. Along with the Vigilance, Victor issued commands to two of the Union's special forces teams to join the expedition, along with two shuttles. In the event of a necessity for ground operations, the teams would be able to land and deal with any terrestrial threats, or simply to explore.
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

The Quraian Flotilla

Grand Admiral Lea’Foris vas Aktannay looked out the window, watching the distant stars pass by. The rank of Grand Admiral was new, the result of a disastrous round of decisions by the Admiralty. The Fleet wanted some sort of over sight, and the best way to do that was to create a new, higher rank, which Lea'Foris had been elected into, and she planned on using the power to its full potential. She had already sent out feelers out with Quarians on the Pilgrimage, and had sent a spec-ops team to the Perseus Veil, a mission to scout out the Geth. Routine really, but she had a feeling that this time would be quite different.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Afterlife, Omega
Anthas Dilirius

Anthas day was just getting more interesting. His spies told him about a male person who didn't seem like a normal civilian or criminal, and he directly made his way to the Afterlife. Someone who was that enthusiastically could only want to talk to Anthas Dilirius, de-facto leader of Omega and head of the Dilirius Network. Right now everything was quite unorganized. Although they made quite a lot profit, a new market opened in Omega, which wasn't bad, but definitely something to have an eye on.

Two armed bodyguards, both Turians, as they were the only soldiers allowed to be close to Anthas, walked close up to Jerick and greeted him in a cold way. "To Anthas? Please follow me", one of them said and they led the guy to the office of Dilirius, where he already awaited Jerick. "Who are you and what do you want?", Anthas simply asked. He was used to visitors asking for money, so he didn't expect the best.

Archangelskl Oblast
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Archangelskl Oblast » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Aboard Rocam Class Heavy Carrier Reminaus
" ''Sir, FTL is good we are a go on operation "sandbox II" '' rang the bridge commander over the personal coms in the commander's quarters.
"This it good maintain speed and set an orbit for novaria and have my personal shuttle prepped and a ground team on standby" i said.
" Ey Ey sir " responded the bridge captain.
I looked down to stare at the datapad that had been laid at my desk just moments ago.
"Screw it." I said aloud turned my omni tool to the ships schematics
The single carrier was outfitted for extended deployments in space and outfitted with the best FTL drives credits could buy.
there were 27 armories aboard with, 4 hangar bays, 2 medical bays, 3 mess halls and barracks to house 80,000+
the fighter bays are fully stocked with for hastatim pilots 2 dozen fighter squadrons and 3 dozen interceptor squadrons.
The Heavy carries primary defences are in its fighters and interceptors which can also be outfitted for bombing runs close air support or even fitted with WMDs. But it also has several gun turrets and a light bombardment cannon for planetary support.

"We orbit in 40 minutes commander." Rang a voice over Nyrees personal com.
"Well here we go." i said to myself.
Last edited by Archangelskl Oblast on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We'll Bang, OK?

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:28 pm

"Two armed bodyguards, both Turians, as they were the only soldiers allowed to be close to Anthas, walked close up to Jerick and greeted him in a cold way. "To Anthas? Please follow me", one of them said and they led the guy to the office of Dilirius, where he already awaited Jerick. "Who are you and what do you want?", Anthas simply asked. He was used to visitors asking for money, so he didn't expect the best."

Jerick looked at the man before him. Then looked around at the room he was in. Walking over to the window that overlooked the dance floor he said.
"I came to ask for your assistance in two matters. The first and foremost I need your army to help me overtake Joab. No simple task I know but it can be done."
Then turning back and walking back over to Anthas he spoke again.
"I also want to know who the bastard was that destroyed my ship the Arcadia."

"Taking Joab? Our forces are only to maintain order and defend Omega, they've never been trained for an offensive war. To be honest I am glad we're that far to have trained soldiers nowadays at all! What are their defenses? If you can provide the transport ships, we might be able to figure something out", Anthas said smiling and raised from his seat. "And yes... I've heard of this incident. It was a nice ship. But I must be honest, I have no idea who would have been able to destroy it, especially for what reason it has been done. I doubt it was a native from Omega, though."

Thinking back he remembered the explosion. Talon had come up with a plan to attack Joab but now he wouldn't live to see his handiwork.
"I have the transports and landing crafts I just need some ground support. My soldiers aren't well enough equipped to handle this on their own. I don't think anyone here would do it but if you hear anything then I would expect you to tell me."

"What do I get for participating at Joab?", Anthas asked, ignoring the demand of Jerick. He wasn't really in the position to make any demands, as powerful as both were. AS risky as it was, the plan sounded still good and would need to be considered.

Grinning a bit at Anthas as he thought I knew that he would ask first and foremost about his share of the spoils.
"For helping you get a share of the spoils on the planet. But when you get your cut you must leave promptly."

""What about casualties? My men also cost money, you know", Anthas replied and looked at his bodyguards. They wouldn't fight, of course, but it was more of a symbolic look. So far he wasn't very satisfied with the offer. Sure, it would give them more resources, but that was basically it so far.

"Then what do you want you cant have the whole planet?"

"I want every casualty to be paid the amount training, recruitment and equipment it cost earlier. That and the resources you promised. To control if everything is going right I would also ask for an office of the Dilirius Network to be opened at Joab. Do you agree?", Anthas asked.

Jerick looked at the man with a very business like manner and answered.
"How about I dont pay for your casualties but. I open your office in the finest district of the capital. How does that sound?"

"How about this: The office part remains, but the guards of the office are allowed to carry weapons and you don't pay for the casualties but for the catering of our troops while the operation is running", Anthas proposed noticeably impatient.

Jerick satisfied with this stood and said.
"Agreed. I will be expecting your troops within the next month. Along with a few ships."
With that Jerick promptly exited.

Anthas simply nodded and turned to his secretary.

Jerick went back aboard his ship and head back to Aeia.

Prumia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Cerberus: Solcrum Interference

Postby Prumia » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 pm

The Cerberus cruiser-class vessel, C.S.V Persephone, drifted quietly along. The dark-blue gas giant known as Notanban rested a short distance away and the giant's largest moon, the scorched and irradiated Solcrum, loomed straight ahead.

Captain Lavisor Sovul, the Cerberus vessel's commander, stood with his arms cross behind his back as he eyed the projected display before him. The surface of the barren moon before him was stretched out and laid bare to see. A red circle appeared on the map - the only distinguishing feature in this otherwise blank map. "Is the is all the data the probes are sending back?" Sovul questioned.

"It is, captain." answered the helmsman. "We are backing up signs of Geth tech. down there, but there is some heavy interference, sir. Solcrum's over-heated temperature may be interfering with our scans, or it could be the radiation from that gas giant. Either way, we will not be able to get a clear look until we send somebody down there."

Sovul's reply was a contemplative "hmm" as he studied the map intently. The Geth incursions not long before Sovereign attacked the Citadel provide the best chance to study Geth technology. Knowledge about the Geth is freighting limited; even Cerberus does not know much. Sovereign was clrearly not Geth tech., no matter what the Citadel Council tries to say, but without any definitive proof to the contrary, it would be reckless to leave an unknown quantity be. If Sovereign shared some of its technology, or even incorporated it into the ships of its followers, then salvaging one becomes all the more important.

"We should be thankful the Alliance seems to be caught up with handling the Citadel," Sovul noted. "Otherwise, an Alliance science team would have beat us here by now. Hackett must be trying to shore up the Citadel's defenses before moving to eradicate the Geth hold-outs." With a smirk, he added, "All the better for us. Prepare a team to head down to the surface; keep it small for now."

A Cerberus marine standing nearby quickly saluted before rushing off to fulfill his orders. Sovul eyed the map before him with growing interest; hopefully, they will be able to find something to use against the Geth.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse