NATION

PASSWORD

1840 RP, (open, OOC thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Keznov
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 am

France has no qualms with anyone at the moment.
And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:26 am

Keznov wrote:France has no qualms with anyone at the moment.

Yes, France does, Napoleon massacred hundreds of thousands of Prussians, Austrians, Brits, Russians and other Germanic states. Many people look for revenge, that is why Germany invaded France in World War 1.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 am

Alouite wrote:

Yes, France does, Napoleon massacred hundreds of thousands of Prussians, Austrians, Brits, Russians and other Germanic states. Many people look for revenge, that is why Germany invaded France in World War 1.

No Germany invaded because France was allied to Russia who was at war with Germany.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Keznov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:19 pm

Alouite wrote:

No buddy, you don't know history too well do you...the German Empire and the French Republic were brought to war against each other due to interlocking alliances. Namely that France was allied to Russia, whom Germany had declared war on for mobilizing. Russia had done this to protect Serbia, which Austria had attacked after the ultimatum was rejected. Germany was Austria's ally and had came in. There you have it, the start of WWI in two lines.

Also, I would like to point out, for the fifth(?), maybe sixth, time that the Napoleonic Wars ended a quarter of a century ago and that the very same government leading France is the one that was actively against Napoleon. May I again note that France was on fine terms with most of Europe, the exception being Prussia and somewhat United Kingdom, though the latter is mainly do to them being rivals for the position of "Policeman of Europe".
Last edited by Keznov on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that I must bow so low?
a lion still has claws,
that lord of Castamere,
and not a soul to hear.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Keznov wrote:
Alouite wrote:Yes, France does, Napoleon massacred hundreds of thousands of Prussians, Austrians, Brits, Russians and other Germanic states. Many people look for revenge, that is why Germany invaded France in World War 1.

No buddy, you don't know history too well do you...the German Empire and the French Republic were brought to war against each other due to interlocking alliances. Namely that France was allied to Russia, whom Germany had declared war on for mobilizing. Russia had done this to protect Serbia, which Austria had attacked after the ultimatum was rejected. Germany was Austria's ally and had came in. There you have it, the start of WWI in three lines.

Also, I would like to point out, for the fifth(?), maybe sixth, time that the Napoleonic Wars ended a quarter of a century ago and that the very same government leading France is the one that was actively against Napoleon. May I again note that France was on fine terms with most of Europe, the exception being Prussia and somewhat United Kingdom, though the latter is mainly do to them being rivals for the position of "Policeman of Europe".

Your right, bad call, but EP already told me no need to rub it around, I confused it with a quote that made it seem that way. I always knew that I hadn't been the best with WW1 but looks like I will have to completely re-study the era. The little I knew on WW1 was slightly misinformed. But that smack to the face aside, the nations of Europe would never so quickly forgive another for such a massive invasion. I apologize for my misinformation, and will not speak of the 1910's-20's until I fix this. Regardless I don't see how that changes the fact that the French did indeed invade Prussia, Russia, and Austria as well as some other Germanic States, nor that it went to combat with every major European power and won at least one. Such scars to a nations reputation would be remembered to say the least. Again I am sorry for my misinformed comment and will revise the era. May I remind you for the First time that a quarter of a century is not long enough to remove those scars.

On the other hand, you could be considered (in the RP) the enemy of Prussia, Bavaria, and the Netherlands. I hope you do not take my comments offensively to you,( other than my lesser knowledge of WW1) though I would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to bash me but instead constructively correct me. Sorry for the misinformation and I hope we can move on from this. :oops:
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Keznov wrote:
Alouite wrote:Yes, France does, Napoleon massacred hundreds of thousands of Prussians, Austrians, Brits, Russians and other Germanic states. Many people look for revenge, that is why Germany invaded France in World War 1.

No buddy, you don't know history too well do you...the German Empire and the French Republic were brought to war against each other due to interlocking alliances. Namely that France was allied to Russia, whom Germany had declared war on for mobilizing. Russia had done this to protect Serbia, which Austria had attacked after the ultimatum was rejected. Germany was Austria's ally and had came in. There you have it, the start of WWI in two lines.

Well I just didn't want to be dragged into a war with my northern neighbors while fighting the ottomans. That is why declined the alliance offer.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Keznov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Alouite wrote:
Keznov wrote:
No buddy, you don't know history too well do you...the German Empire and the French Republic were brought to war against each other due to interlocking alliances. Namely that France was allied to Russia, whom Germany had declared war on for mobilizing. Russia had done this to protect Serbia, which Austria had attacked after the ultimatum was rejected. Germany was Austria's ally and had came in. There you have it, the start of WWI in three lines.

Your right, bad call, but EP already told me no need to rub it around, I confused it with a quote that made it seem that way. I always knew that I hadn't been the best with WW1 but looks like I will have to completely re-study the era. The little I knew on WW1 was slightly misinformed. But that smack to the face aside, the nations of Europe would never so quickly forgive another for such a massive invasion. I apologize for my misinformation, and will not speak of the 1910's-20's until I fix this. Regardless I don't see how that changes the fact that the French did indeed invade Prussia, Russia, and Austria as well as some other Germanic States, nor that it went to combat with every major European power and won at least one. Such scars to a nations reputation would be remembered to say the least. Again I am sorry for my misinformed comment and will revise the era. May I remind you for the First time that a quarter of a century is not long enough to remove those scars.

On the other hand, you could be considered (in the RP) the enemy of Prussia, Bavaria, and the Netherlands. I hope you do not take my comments offensively to you,( other than my lesser knowledge of WW1) though I would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to bash me but instead constructively correct me. Sorry for the misinformation and I hope we can move on from this. :oops:

I've got no qualms with you...I put things rudely sometimes :p
that I must bow so low?
a lion still has claws,
that lord of Castamere,
and not a soul to hear.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:Looks like the campaign has been successful lately.

In Serbia and bosnia yes but again my army in Rumania was routed and destroyed. I can't have victories all the time as you know.

Stop spelling Romania "Rumania". I have not seen rum in Romania at all.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Epraria wrote:In Serbia and bosnia yes but again my army in Rumania was routed and destroyed. I can't have victories all the time as you know.

Stop spelling Romania "Rumania". I have not seen rum in Romania at all.

Sorry :lol:
Myansaland wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:36 pm

I had to leave for the entire afternoon, and couldn't finish the map. I might have to leave tomorrow, too.
Minor delay only, for anyone who's wondering.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Anyone gonna post I wrote to Bavaria and Austria, though neither responded.
Hyman Minsky

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:37 pm

When is the OP getting on?
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:39 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:When is the OP getting on?

No-one knows; he is allowing the rp to slow
Hyman Minsky

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Alouite wrote:
The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:When is the OP getting on?

No-one knows; he is allowing the rp to slow

I need to ask him if I am allow to change of ruler or not...
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:44 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:
Alouite wrote:No-one knows; he is allowing the rp to slow

You mean like have yours die or stage an internal coup?
Hyman Minsky

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Alouite wrote:

Like just change to another family member of the Royal Family. The queen at that time was 10, and I don't feel comfortable knowing that a little kid is ruling Spain and all its colonies...
2014 RP - Colombia
1913 RP - Great Britain

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Alouite wrote:

Like just change to another family member of the Royal Family. The queen at that time was 10, and I don't feel comfortable knowing that a little kid is ruling Spain and all its colonies...

I think since you control Spain that that is up to you, but you can double check if you want.
Hyman Minsky

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 am

I officially want to ask Russia and Austria to let me unite all of Romania into one. In exchange, Romania would help with the war against the Ottomans, and whatever other plans the two countries would have, to show our gratitude.

Yes, this sounds IC-ish. No, it isn't.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:52 am

Le map is done. Have I missed anything?

Keznov
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Keznov » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 am

Austria should own Bohemia as it has for three hundred years...I also see no reason why Russia and Prussia should have deformed borders...It should be a historical map of 1840 par what the OP has added on...
that I must bow so low?
a lion still has claws,
that lord of Castamere,
and not a soul to hear.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:59 am

Keznov wrote:Austria should own Bohemia as it has for three hundred years...I also see no reason why Russia and Prussia should have deformed borders...It should be a historical map of 1840 par what the OP has added on...

Deformed as in? I tried to replicate the borders from the OP map as much as I could. Nothing.
Adding to that, Prussia has most of Northern Germany, which it didn't on the RL map of 1840. So, it doesn't have the same borders as in the OP map.
Changing Bohemia now....

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:32 am

HorusLand wrote:Le map is done. Have I missed anything?
(Image)

I have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy.
Myansaland wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:33 am

Epraria wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Le map is done. Have I missed anything?
(Image)

I have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy.

Yes, you do. That's why you have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy on the map. Right?

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 am

HorusLand wrote:
Epraria wrote:I have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy.

Yes, you do. That's why you have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy on the map. Right?

Eh no I for example don't have Bohemia in that map. Plus most of northern italy is probably more than what is on the Map.
Myansaland wrote:

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:37 am

Epraria wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Yes, you do. That's why you have the historical Austrian empire plus most of northern Italy on the map. Right?

Eh no I for example don't have Bohemia in that map. Plus most of northern italy is probably more than what is on the Map.

Okay. Editing now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse