NATION

PASSWORD

1840 RP, (open, OOC thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Neros wrote:
Epraria wrote:No there are still some nations left.

Can you give me a rundown of what nations are open, or could be of use (e.g.: Not on the list)?

I was thinking of playing Greece or Serbia and forming allies abroad to lessen the Ottomans' influence in the Balkans, yet I don't know what all is taken.

Well Denmark, the ottomans, the southern Italian states that are not mine but would be easy targets and saxony. And the ottomans are probably gonna lose their Balkans territory as they are fighting me(Austria) and Russia.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Epraria wrote:
Neros wrote:Can you give me a rundown of what nations are open, or could be of use (e.g.: Not on the list)?

I was thinking of playing Greece or Serbia and forming allies abroad to lessen the Ottomans' influence in the Balkans, yet I don't know what all is taken.

Well Denmark, the ottomans, the southern Italian states that are not mine but would be easy targets and saxony. And the ottomans are probably gonna lose their Balkans territory as they are fighting me(Austria) and Russia.

The Papal States and The Kingdom of Italy would have some power but Denmark, Portugal, and I think Great Britain are open but GB might not be open, is it?
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Great Britain is taken by Alleniana
(He signed up for it in the first OCC page)
Last edited by The Grand Republic of Hannover on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:Great Britain is taken by Alleniana
(He signed up for it in the first OCC page)

Okay, just checking.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Epraria wrote:
Neros wrote:Can you give me a rundown of what nations are open, or could be of use (e.g.: Not on the list)?

Hmm. I was thinking on Serbia a little due to the Balkan action. I think it'll be interesting to have Serbia under the influence of Austria (as a separate Kingdom of course) so that you will gain the Serbs as an ally against the Ottomans.

My idea is that I'll assume command of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Serbia Yet declare the Kingdom of Serbia early, with your own backing I suppose, and annex other territories with large Serb populations. It will work best if I was a client state of your own so that you can give me Serb-dominated lands while you use my territory to severely beat back the Ottomans. This will prevent the set-up of the First World War later on as there will not be a Bosnian Crisis as it will be under my own administration, while you are my protector/dominator.

This may piss Russia off, but since you're both allied at the moment, it would be fairly interesting I'd think.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Alouite wrote:
Epraria wrote:Well Denmark, the ottomans, the southern Italian states that are not mine but would be easy targets and saxony. And the ottomans are probably gonna lose their Balkans territory as they are fighting me(Austria) and Russia.

The Papal States and The Kingdom of Italy would have some power but Denmark, Portugal, and I think Great Britain are open but GB might not be open, is it?

Why would it be called kingdom of Italy when I own most of northern Italy? Plus Portugal is Spanish territory here.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Neros wrote:
Epraria wrote:Well Denmark, the ottomans, the southern Italian states that are not mine but would be easy targets and saxony. And the ottomans are probably gonna lose their Balkans territory as they are fighting me(Austria) and Russia.

Hmm. I was thinking on Serbia a little due to the Balkan action. I think it'll be interesting to have Serbia under the influence of Austria (as a separate Kingdom of course) so that you will gain the Serbs as an ally against the Ottomans.

My idea is that I'll assume command of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Serbia Yet declare the Kingdom of Serbia early, with your own backing I suppose, and annex other territories with large Serb populations. It will work best if I was a client state of your own so that you can give me Serb-dominated lands while you use my territory to severely beat back the Ottomans. This will prevent the set-up of the First World War later on as there will not be a Bosnian Crisis as it will be under my own administration, while you are my protector/dominator.

This may piss Russia off, but since you're both allied at the moment, it would be fairly interesting I'd think.

I and the Russian player have already decided what areas we are to take and I am keeping my territory and all of Bosnia, montenegro and Albania if I win. But that would be an interesting idea for sure.
Myansaland wrote:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:The Papal States and The Kingdom of Italy would have some power but Denmark, Portugal, and I think Great Britain are open but GB might not be open, is it?

Why would it be called kingdom of Italy when I own most of northern Italy? Plus Portugal is Spanish territory here.

Because they wanted to Unite Italy and are located in the Northern Italy between Austrian Italy and the Papal states. Many years later in RL they would merge with the two Sicilies and Invade the Papal States and with WW1 take back all of northern Italy and some Balkans territory.
Hyman Minsky

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Alouite wrote:
Epraria wrote:Why would it be called kingdom of Italy when I own most of northern Italy? Plus Portugal is Spanish territory here.

Because they wanted to Unite Italy and are located in the Northern Italy between Austrian Italy and the Papal states. Many years later in RL they would merge with the two Sicilies and Invade the Papal States and with WW1 take back all of northern Italy and some Balkans territory.

They oils be no real match alone against Austria.
Myansaland wrote:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:Because they wanted to Unite Italy and are located in the Northern Italy between Austrian Italy and the Papal states. Many years later in RL they would merge with the two Sicilies and Invade the Papal States and with WW1 take back all of northern Italy and some Balkans territory.

They oils be no real match alone against Austria.

Well, Of course not, it took them over 70 years to do all of this since this game starts and all with carefully planned diplomatic moves.
Hyman Minsky

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Alouite wrote:
Epraria wrote:They oils be no real match alone against Austria.

Well, Of course not, it took them over 70 years to do all of this since this game starts and all with carefully planned diplomatic moves.

And with my expansionist happy austria here that would be a lot harder.
Myansaland wrote:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:Well, Of course not, it took them over 70 years to do all of this since this game starts and all with carefully planned diplomatic moves.

And with my expansionist happy austria here that would be a lot harder.

Fair enough.
Hyman Minsky

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Alouite wrote:
Epraria wrote:And with my expansionist happy austria here that would be a lot harder.

Fair enough.

Well I need to plan out my moves for the Balkan war.
Myansaland wrote:

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Epraria wrote:
Neros wrote:

I and the Russian player have already decided what areas we are to take and I am keeping my territory and all of Bosnia, montenegro and Albania if I win. But that would be an interesting idea for sure.

Well that settles that idea.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Neros wrote:
Epraria wrote:I and the Russian player have already decided what areas we are to take and I am keeping my territory and all of Bosnia, montenegro and Albania if I win. But that would be an interesting idea for sure.

Well that settles that idea.

So are you becoming Serbia if I or Russia proclaims it because Russia wants to establish an independent Serbia and Bulgaria.
Myansaland wrote:

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 pm

So how are we going to solve the Army and Navy sizes issue?
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:Fair enough.

Well I need to plan out my moves for the Balkan war.

I already told you what I'd do, so like I said target the capitol, as a technologically backwards nation they rely on it being protected to keep their National Unity and their power in Europe so it is the ultimate goal of invaders, that and its trading advantage for any economy. Sacking the city could boost your economy enough to fuel another war.
Hyman Minsky

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Epraria wrote:
Neros wrote:Well that settles that idea.

So are you becoming Serbia if I or Russia proclaims it because Russia wants to establish an independent Serbia and Bulgaria.

Bulgaria sounds like a better idea at this point because Serbia will be entirely landlocked.

As long it is Greater Bulgaria, that is.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Alouite wrote:
Epraria wrote:Well I need to plan out my moves for the Balkan war.

I already told you what I'd do, so like I said target the capitol, as a technologically backwards nation they rely on it being protected to keep their National Unity and their power in Europe so it is the ultimate goal of invaders, that and its trading advantage for any economy. Sacking the city could boost your economy enough to fuel another war.

Yes but I still need to fight my way there first. And I got a lot of Balkan territory to fight through first.
Myansaland wrote:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:51 pm

The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:So how are we going to solve the Army and Navy sizes issue?

I would find your population back in 1840 and multiply it by 0.05 for maximum military capacity without being in a total war situation where it could be raised.
Hyman Minsky

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Alouite wrote:
The Grand Republic of Hannover wrote:So how are we going to solve the Army and Navy sizes issue?

I would find your population back in 1840 and multiply it by 0.05 for maximum military capacity without being in a total war situation where it could be raised.

I would have 1,845,000 men then. That seems very OP.
Myansaland wrote:

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:I already told you what I'd do, so like I said target the capitol, as a technologically backwards nation they rely on it being protected to keep their National Unity and their power in Europe so it is the ultimate goal of invaders, that and its trading advantage for any economy. Sacking the city could boost your economy enough to fuel another war.

Yes but I still need to fight my way there first. And I got a lot of Balkan territory to fight through first.

Simple, Do what General Sherman did in the american civil war, use everything to your advantage and throw it(or fire it from Cannons as grapeshot) at enemy forces. Salt the farms Burn the buildings tear up rail lines, and you could potentially be finished with your campaign in eight months, the worst part will be fighting their Cavalry as they are highly trained, so the best course of action is to train your men in using bayonet's against cavalry charges and square formation to avoid ambush or the enemy quickly swooping around your forces.
Hyman Minsky

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alouite wrote:I would find your population back in 1840 and multiply it by 0.05 for maximum military capacity without being in a total war situation where it could be raised.

I would have 1,845,000 men then. That seems very OP.

And then spread that out between your Army, Navy and town guards on the Offensive and Defensive around all of your territories.
Last edited by Alouite on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hyman Minsky

Bolguria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolguria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Neros wrote:
Epraria wrote:So are you becoming Serbia if I or Russia proclaims it because Russia wants to establish an independent Serbia and Bulgaria.

Bulgaria sounds like a better idea at this point because Serbia will be entirely landlocked.

I was planning to do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_San_Stephano

And give you the rest of Thrace.
Last edited by Bolguria on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Народна Pеcпублика Болгурия
People's Republic Of Bolguria

----Cлава|Glory----
-------За|For-------
България|Bulgaria
Come To Slavia!
For - Pan-Slavism, Moderate Nationalism, Ataka (Party), Scandinavian Capitalism, Liberalism, Snowden, LGBT Rights, Abortion, Assad, Putin, Russia, Bulgaria, Serbia.
Neutral - Israel, Religion, America, China, India, Obama, Communism, Fascism, Monarchy, Social Security, Iran, Merkel, E.U, Conservativism, USSR.
Anti - Turkey, Erdogan, Islam, Euro, France, Nazism, Eco-Mentalists, Kebab, Roma, Bush, Terrorism.
I'm a mix of Russian and Bulgarian, and I'm proud of both my bloodlines. I live in London, and attend high school. Follower of Levskism and Pan-Slavism, and a patriot of the Bulgarian Republic.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Bolguria wrote:
Neros wrote:Bulgaria sounds like a better idea at this point because Serbia will be entirely landlocked.

I was planning to do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_San_Stephano

And give you the rest of Thrace.

As long as I get albania, Bosnia and montenegro I am happy.
Myansaland wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse