NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life - IC Part VIII [open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Blossom blinked a few times and rubbed her chin. Gio was an oddball but she was kind and gentle but a bit naive. "So...you had an argument over mythology...with a magical pony?" She asked.

Anew began walking around the apartment building looking for people to introduce herself to. That way she could become a familiar face.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom blinked a few times and rubbed her chin. Gio was an oddball but she was kind and gentle but a bit naive. "So...you had an argument over mythology...with a magical pony?" She asked.

"Yes!" confirmed Giovenith, shaking her fists in frustration. "First it was war resources, then it was fruit, then it was overpopulation, it was awful! And how does a pony know what slavery is anyway?"

One of the downsides about Giovenith's usual random nature was that it was often confusing to tell when she was talking about something that actually happened, something she had imagined, or something that had happened but was severely twisted by her own interpretation.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 pm

"Gio...Honey, i have known you for a while now and um...are you sure that you aren't exaggerating just a tad?" She asked gently, being careful to not accidentally set the godling off. Blossom rubbed the girls shoulder soothingly, trying to calm her.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:48 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
"Lead the way, Goose."

It was a reference to a movie she only saw once, and assumed Tieria never even saw. But hey, it was fun to quote media! Kei mentally slapped herself for the idiotic idea.

"Top Gun reference?" Tieria asked. He had seen the movie once years ago when he was spying on a politician. He later shot him several times in the chest in a back ally but that was neither here nor there. He began to lead Kei off towards his hanger.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:49 pm

"Um, okay...here you are.", Katya handed the tea to Dora. Something seemed off about her, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe she was thinking about he same thing that Katya was?

"So, how have you been? Have you been good with your friends and family?"

It seemed like a simple question, but it had a different meaning to Katya.

"I'd love a new friend. Besides, I don't even know the city's parts where I live.", Torii laughed. "I never was a city person. I grew up in the country, the desert, anywhere wild."

"Oh, my "old style"?"

She thought about how to explain herself.

"I guess I used to be more vocal, more adventurous. I was shy, but I followed myself. Now? I guess that with the new city, the other people adapting and all, new families and relationships, I just don't have a lot of freedom or time for others anymore. I get in trouble, or others don't have time, and my girlfriend still isn't around all the time...sometimes, I get a bit lonely, but I gotta get back into that style."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Urran wrote:"Gio...Honey, i have known you for a while now and um...are you sure that you aren't exaggerating just a tad?" She asked gently, being careful to not accidentally set the godling off. Blossom rubbed the girls shoulder soothingly, trying to calm her.

"No, the pony is exaggerating, because he's the one who thinks about people running with torches, diabetes, and setting houses on fire in the first place!" growled Giovenith, though it was directed more at the memory of the argument than at Blossom. "I truly, simply don't know what to do. There's pyromania everywhere! Everywhere! Maybe it's a sign." After all, first Kei had talked about fire, then the Billy Joel song, then Willow comparing a pantheon to pyromaniacs. "I can't think about stringing together signs very well right now..." She ripped open another popsicle.
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Blossom looked disgusted. "Ew. Yeah, fire can be dangerous. You don't like it very much?" she asked, wondering if this stemmed from a fear or hatred of fire or something.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom looked disgusted. "Ew. Yeah, fire can be dangerous. You don't like it very much?" she asked, wondering if this stemmed from a fear or hatred of fire or something.

"Fire is a complicated element with it's own spirituality and ups and downs like any other," explained Giovenith, sticking out her tongue to try and see what color it now was. "It represents both destruction, and assistance to innovation. But that's not the point right now! The point is... the point it... gah, I don't know what the point is!"

The popsicle popped back in her mouth just to shut herself up. This allowed Giovenith to calm down and actually contemplate what it is she might have meant, before finishing up the popsicle (the Sphinx got another side to it's headdress), and sigh.

"... I guess I've just never heard anyone flat-out say they believed a god's actions were faulty," she admitted in a much calmer voice. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew that a lot of people constantly disagreed with certain pantheons, I'm not naive. I just... never really heard it, you know? I guess it sort of stressed me out. ... I do get stressed sometimes."
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Harry Cane could be seen leaving the building, going down the street to a corner store, buying a carton of milk and some eggs, and returning to the building. Absolutely nothing eventful happened.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Blossom nodded in understanding. "Listen...Gio, everyone makes mistakes, including gods. And, the pony has a right to his opinions. I-i-it's like a president or a king or something, they all make good and bad decisions. Some people agree with their decisions, others" she sighed. "don't." She paused for a moment. "And maybe he's had a bad experience with a god and doesn't like any of them, like Yuri and Communists, or me and vampire hunters. My point is, he just doesn't agree with you for whatever reason. You can try to make him see your side, if he gets it great, if he doesn't, oh well."
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:20 pm

"No questions, but thank you for the opportunity." Yuna smiled.

It'd been a long day, but a good one. She hadn't learned so much anywhere else than she did underground here, in Bielefeld (Or she assumed to be Bielefeld). Being locked in her room was perfectly fine with her, being used to that sort of treatment at the Palace. "I understand."

"Actually. I do have one question. Why are you Will?"

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded in understanding. "Listen...Gio, everyone makes mistakes, including gods. And, the pony has a right to his opinions. I-i-it's like a president or a king or something, they all make good and bad decisions. Some people agree with their decisions, others" she sighed. "don't." She paused for a moment. "And maybe he's had a bad experience with a god and doesn't like any of them, like Yuri and Communists, or me and vampire hunters. My point is, he just doesn't agree with you for whatever reason. You can try to make him see your side, if he gets it great, if he doesn't, oh well."

"You are very wise Miss Blossom," Giovenith smiled, setting her next popsicle down before she could gorge on it. She was feeling much better. "Um, I did kind of leave it all alone in a heap of anger... I hope it didn't break anything."
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Blossom nodded. "Thank you Gio. He probably just needs some time to cool off, as do you it seems. Now, your popsicles have given me a great idea...well, to some it may be disgusting. What do you think of bloodsicles?" she asked, trying to change the subject.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Urran wrote:Yoshi giggled a bit. He imagined that fur would be difficult to dry out. He thought that having hair like he did would be so much better because his didn't get all puffy after it dried. He took some time to look around the room a bit more at all of the books and stuff that Jacob had.

"Yes...I do know," Ray finished off the conversation about the security company and decided instead to focus on what was at hand. Of course, he would also leave one final note. "I'll talk to him at a later point today or so. I'll give him time to work on his stuff."

"Although walking around in the rain might be interesting for me, considering I now have to deal with real fur. I don't think it should be too bad, but I'll still wear a jacket of some kind. Just let me wash up real quick, alright?", Ray passed the comment as he hurried off to the bathroom to quickly wash his hands of the scent of gunpowder and grease. It was quick, and so he then returned to grab a hooded leather jacket for emergency's case and was now ready to head off.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded. "Thank you Gio. He probably just needs some time to cool off, as do you it seems. Now, your popsicles have given me a great idea...well, to some it may be disgusting. What do you think of bloodsicles?" she asked, trying to change the subject.

"Popsicles made of blood?" she asked to confirm. "Hmm, well, I wouldn't eat them, but I know you like blood. So if you wanted to make them, then we definitely could!"
she/her

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:
Monique picked up on his hesitancy to discuss the chicks further.

"Well, I'm sure they're taking care of Bob. This strained relationship won't last forever, right? Maybe we can kidnap him if they take him for a walk, otherwise." She smiled at Fortu encouragingly as they made their way across the lobby.

It was pouring rain outside the door. Monique used her phone to call for a cab rather than standing outside to flag one down.

She turned her attention back to their Bob. "You know, if we get him back, we'll need to find a place for him to stay. And we also need a place for us to stay. Rodney's kind and all, but we should get our own apartment."

"Yes, an apartment of our own....must be the third time I think? Hopefully, we'll keep it this time. Might have to put a fake name in the forms to avoid a paper trail." Fortu thought out loud as they waited for the cab.

"I'm sure Arthur is the only one who know I'm alive unless of course he wiped his memory. If the others did they would have done something by now. They aren't exactly the most subtle people. Stealing Bob back may be a good idea." He said with his mind drifting between points. Once the cab came he opened the door for Monique.

Arthur woke up in a way he hadn't for a while, covered in blood and in someone else's bed. Collecting his thoughts, he noticed that this time he was unclothed. Taking notice of his surroundings, he looked to see where he was and if Insidious was still there, and as to where all this blood, that he was certain was not his, came from.

Insidious was not in the bed but there was a very obvious imprint from where she had slept and It seemed as though she had wandered off to other areas of her person quarters. The blood Arthur was smelling seemed to be seeping from underneath the bed and if he dared look he would find the bodies of several horrific clowns missing their throats. There was traces of movement throughout the room as small unseen creatures moved out of the corner of his eyes and someone was singing from down the hallway.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Blossom nodded. "Yeah, since I really can't eat anything else. I guess that I could add a lot of sugar to it to make it sweet." She pondered this prospect. Surely it would be like blood candy. Sure liked candy, well, at least the way that it smelled.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded. "Yeah, since I really can't eat anything else. I guess that I could add a lot of sugar to it to make it sweet." She pondered this prospect. Surely it would be like blood candy. Sure liked candy, well, at least the way that it smelled.

"That's super creative!" cheered Giovenith, hopping off from her chair and beginning to collect up all the wrappers. "I mean, if you can only eat one thing, you might as well get a little zany with it's preparation. I would love to help you! ... Um, well, you know, if it doesn't get too messy that is." The girl wasn't quite sure how she would react to say, a full mixing bowl of blood.
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Blossom nodded excitedly. "Great!" she clapped. "Now, where do we get the blood from?" she wondered aloud. Obviously human was out of the question. Blossom had a strict policy against eating any sentient species. She went down to list of edible species that she knew while twisting her hair and humming.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Insidious was not in the bed, but there was a very obvious imprint from where she had slept and It seemed as though she had wandered off to other areas of her person quarters. The blood Arthur was smelling seemed to be seeping from underneath the bed and if he dared look he would find the bodies of several horrific clowns missing their throats. There was traces of movement throughout the room as small unseen creatures moved out of the corner of his eyes and someone was singing from down the hallway.

Always curious, Arthur looked under the bed, unnerved by the fact that there were clowns there. Not by the fact that they were dead or missing their throats, but the fact that the corpses belonged to clowns. He didn't even want to venture into the chain of events that would have put that many clowns there, he just a desire to destroy them with fire, so much fire. It wasn't fueled by fear, but rather instinctual hatred, and the fact that is was one of few things he found creepy.

Getting up, he ignored the movement of the unseen creatures, even though he could sense them right out of the range of his dampened senses. He moved towards the singing, hoping to find Insidious. He figured he'd find his clothes sooner or later.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Urran wrote:Blossom nodded excitedly. "Great!" she clapped. "Now, where do we get the blood from?" she wondered aloud. Obviously human was out of the question. Blossom had a strict policy against eating any sentient species. She went down to list of edible species that she knew while twisting her hair and humming.

"Isn't there a blood bank or something around the city?" Giovenith had once watched a television show where vampires (no doubt quite inaccurate when compared to Miss Blossom) had done just that. She wasn't sure if they could come up with a very good excuse for it though.
she/her

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 pm

"Eh? NO! I will not put human blood anywhere near my mouth!" She looked horrified but then calmed down and relaxed a bit. "I'm sorry but no, it's just one of my policies, I do not drink the blood of sentient creatures." she said with a nod.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Luce looked grave. "Not yet, on our part. I'm not sure of yours. This was the first I'd heard of it," he replied, as he folded up the paper again for storage in the little clear case.

"On the company, we know too little as well. Only that Chrys - you remember her? - also received gifts from them. A cane, if it matters any. None of us are sure what to make of it. But it's so frustrating; we don't know anything about their purpose. As you say, they gift items that are usually needed or useful." He paused. "So what does it mean when people receive completely random items, such as Klaus' Bonsai Tree?"

"Chrys went with us to the bar that time," Miskai replied. "But why a cane? That's odd. We haven't yet understood the Bonsai Tree for Mr. Klaus. The purposes of bonsai are primarily contemplation for those who look upon them and the pleasant exercise of effort and ingenuity for those who grow and maintain them, in my culture. Japanese tradition says the bonsai represents the three virtues or shin-zen-bi, which translates into "truth," "goodness" and "beauty. They came from China originally, I believe. Why give such a thing to a former Nazi? He knew he would kill it with lack of attention and so it was donated to the local conservatory."

Misaki's eyes roamed the ocean's horizon. The heavy rains obscured it but she could make out the sounds from the lighthouse nearby and the bells clanging on ships in the harbor. She attempted to determine what significance a cane would have but she didn't know Chrys well enough to see if it could fit her quirks and traits in any way.

"Mr. Luce, we should canvass the building. We should ask people what they've been given, both by the first salesman and the new one. Maybe we should ask them if they know anything about that first salesman, also? If this is the first either of us are hearing of a reward then perhaps the others haven't even heard yet? It means legwork. Meditation relieves questions but often doesn't lead to accurate answers.

The BranRiech wrote:
"No questions, but thank you for the opportunity." Yuna smiled.

It'd been a long day, but a good one. She hadn't learned so much anywhere else than she did underground here, in Bielefeld (Or she assumed to be Bielefeld). Being locked in her room was perfectly fine with her, being used to that sort of treatment at the Palace. "I understand."

"Actually. I do have one question. Why are you Will?"

OOC: please capture my posts when you reply. I'm usually doing a million other things online, and I can't always recall what I last posted for you if it's been more than an hour or isn't on the same page.
IC:

"I am William," he unfolded his napkin. "William Thompson. We give up our names when we join, so I'm known as Will now."

He settled the napkin on his lap and sampled the stew. "S'not bad. Needs some salt. Don't ask what the meat is."

His eyebrow raised and he added, "You're not a damn vegan like the Urranese, are you? We can get you proper food if you can't eat this rubbish. It's no trouble. What do you normally eat?"

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:
"Yes, an apartment of our own....must be the third time I think? Hopefully, we'll keep it this time. Might have to put a fake name in the forms to avoid a paper trail." Fortu thought out loud as they waited for the cab.

"I'm sure Arthur is the only one who know I'm alive unless of course he wiped his memory. If the others did they would have done something by now. They aren't exactly the most subtle people. Stealing Bob back may be a good idea." He said with his mind drifting between points. Once the cab came he opened the door for Monique.

"This time, no roommates," Monique teased him. She kissed Fortu's cheek. He meant well, but she didn't fancy Arthur moving in. Fortu had a good heart, but Monique cherished her safety zone. It was the only place she had where she didn't have to be on guard.

She hopped into the cab and scooted over to make room for him. The weather wasn't too much to her liking but she wasn't about to allow some rain to get in the way of their afternoon.

"Bob. You know, getting him back will be a pain. They've probably increased their security since that odd raptorification happened. Maybe I can simply ask for him in a letter? Perhaps I can explain that it's all we had left, and that I want to have a memory of you? Gretta isn't heartless. She might understand that line of thinking."
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Erucia wrote:
Urran wrote:Yoshi giggled a bit. He imagined that fur would be difficult to dry out. He thought that having hair like he did would be so much better because his didn't get all puffy after it dried. He took some time to look around the room a bit more at all of the books and stuff that Jacob had.

"Yes...I do know," Ray finished off the conversation about the security company and decided instead to focus on what was at hand. Of course, he would also leave one final note. "I'll talk to him at a later point today or so. I'll give him time to work on his stuff."

"Although walking around in the rain might be interesting for me, considering I now have to deal with real fur. I don't think it should be too bad, but I'll still wear a jacket of some kind. Just let me wash up real quick, alright?", Ray passed the comment as he hurried off to the bathroom to quickly wash his hands of the scent of gunpowder and grease. It was quick, and so he then returned to grab a hooded leather jacket for emergency's case and was now ready to head off.

"Sounds good, Ray. And I'm sure Albert will appreciate the time to himself to work." Jacob nodded, and adjusted his jacket a little bit. His tail continued waving as well, not letting up in the slightest from its rapid tempo. He looked quite excited to head out and have a sort of guy's day with his friends. While he thought it might be fun to invite other people, It would probably be the best to limit it to only a few. Otherwise it might get too difficult to keep everyone together. Or something to that effect.

"So, are you both ready to go? And I'm guessing we are just going to wander around until we find something we want to do or someplace to eat at?" Jacob questioned, scooting over towards the front door. "Or something like that, I'm assuming? Unless you have a place we could eat in mind, Ray. Then we could just directly head there."
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
"This time, no roommates," Monique teased him. She kissed Fortu's cheek. He meant well, but she didn't fancy Arthur moving in. Fortu had a good heart, but Monique cherished her safety zone. It was the only place she had where she didn't have to be on guard.

She hopped into the cab and scooted over to make room for him. The weather wasn't too much to her liking but she wasn't about to allow some rain to get in the way of their afternoon.

"Bob. You know, getting him back will be a pain. They've probably increased their security since that odd raptorification happened. Maybe I can simply ask for him in a letter? Perhaps I can explain that it's all we had left, and that I want to have a memory of you? Gretta isn't heartless. She might understand that line of thinking."

"It always seems like my roommates end up keeping the place or trying to kill me. Agreed, no roommates." He concurred as he took seat in the cab. He wasn't bothered about the weather, in fact he found it's pitter-patter rhythm soothing, and the promise of the pleasant smell that would come after it stopped.

"A letter might work, I was thinking of sending someone to one of their dinner parties nobody attends to ask for Bob and they bring him to us. But your idea sounds better and less risky." Fortu agreed as the rode. He wondered why he couldn't think of simple things like that. He worked hard to curb his convoluted design instincts, but the mindlessly simple till was something that he could barely formulate naturally.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse